Game has religious faction

>Game has religious faction
>they are corrupt and evil

Attached: Deacons of the Deep.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_burning#Christian_states
historyforatheists.com/2017/03/the-great-myths-3-giordano-bruno-was-a-martyr-for-science/
youtube.com/watch?v=fOCD_T9Qqpc
law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/brunolinks.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the whole theme of souls series is corruption/descent into dark
Even Solaire who is a cheerful good guy can lose his mind

>worshipping a false god

So just like in real life then? I'll show myself out.

Attached: le fedora man.png (891x1339, 1.09M)

Is it impossible for a religious faction to be evil?

no one in the Souls series is evil, that's the point

play Tales of Hearts or any Dragon Quest game

>Implying the mere attempt to institutionalize the faith of any god, never mind one allegedly behind everything thinking you have the faintest of fucking clues how to speak for this one true God as a fallible fleshbag.

Reminder that all communications with the divine from other people is not only invalid, but bastardized.

>game used to have a religious faction
>gets subverted into approving degenerate sorcery and other degeneracy like cannibalism
>falls into decay and ruin

Attached: Shurueder-artist-Pontiff-Sulyvahn-DSIII-персонажи-5030601.png (1071x700, 979K)

Only if god is real, and even then it's dubious. There's no reason to assume just because there's an extremely powerful/knowledgeable being that it would be a perfect moral agent.

Sully never subverted anything, Alderitch was already worshipped prior to him being made Pontiff despite knowing he ate people.

>no one in the Souls series is evil
>forgets kaathe

kaathe is being realistic, suncuck

Sulyvahn did nothing wrong

FUCK "gods" and FUCK Age of Fire

Fraampt just wants the cycle of link fire > hollow to go on and on until the fire dies because nobody's powerful enough to link it anymore, leading to the dark lord ending anyway. Dark = human. It's not a bad thing. Fraampt is just a subservient cuck.

"Realistic" is a word for low confidence pessimists. The sun does a decent job and humans complain that it isn't perfect

No, but it can't apply to my religion, and thus allegories to my religion by extension. It only ever happens to those other religions.

>Bad guy is known for being evil and untrustworthy
>Ally believe his words and betray you
>Ally remain an ally and stay in the party like nothing's happened afterwards

And dropped.

Attached: IWillBetheChurch.jpg (2597x1188, 990K)

>game has religious faction
>they're a force for good
name one modern game

Attached: 1470326881130.png (600x376, 236K)

Dragon Age?

Attached: 1552190630357.png (809x446, 427K)

Just like in real life.

It's a tired cliché propagated by either uncreative writers or actual malcontents who beat off thinking of shitting on the Pope's chest.

Making a religious institution effectual and morally good would actually be a different kind of story for once. The only series I can think of that does this is Elder Scrolls where the Aedra definitely exist and are definitely benevolent.

So it’s impossible that there’s a church that shares your religion while also being evil?

>Making a religious institution effectual and morally good
So nothing based on the abrahamic cults? Well I guess Shinto priestesses are effectual and morally good.

Pretty accurate

Every story is a tired cliche. You people are just as annoying as white liberals who bitch about the way women or minorities are depicted in media.

Hey they were corrupted by the deep... Or something

>church
>magic spells
Do Castlevania devs know the church burned alive any and all women accused of practicing magic no matter how bullshit the accusations were?

Pontiff's motives and background are so fucking obtuse and mary sue tier respectively that who the fuck even knows what the fuck he wanted.

>religious faction based on the catholic church is evil and corrupted
Just like in real life

Attached: luther.jpg (971x977, 271K)

>game has a technologically advanced empire with clean cities
>it's evil

>game has a race of brute, hulking humanoids that live in huts and use primitive weapons
>they're noble savages

>game has a race of snake people
>they're evil and all their names have a lot of S and Z's

>game has a neutral faction
>they're plot-invincible

>game has a lot of intelligent races or species
>humans are described as "jack of all trades, master of none"

Attached: Dark_Souls_Solairpraiseit.png (535x563, 357K)

Certainly not modern
Not even from this century.
But Alas
Poor Yorick, i knew him well

Attached: Whatiexpectedandgot_MightandMagic_VI.jpg (1007x1462, 201K)

If there's a large powerful organization, it either has to be evil, or betrays the good guys somehow. SOMETHING has to be written in to prevent it from trivializing the story's conflict.

Attached: hurf.jpg (936x957, 93K)

>still believing Proddy lies
The secular courts killed more people than the Inquisition would never do. The stance of the Church on witchcraft was it was all tricks and shit since only God can give power.

>abrahamic cults
Everything is a cult by your definition, retard.

>You people
Literally not even a religiousfag retard. Muh evil church is just a cog in the machine of faggoty stories devs use to push their edgy lefty agendas.

>When you're an edgy atheist from 2006 but also a weeb

Fuck off cunt.

Attached: LutherInPepesSights.jpg (1024x772, 97K)

Your mind on heresy

That wasn't the catholics. They had proper investigations which usually concluded that the "witch" was just crazy or did literally nothing wrong.

You don't know anything about what's going on in the Cathedral of the Deep do you.

Does Bloodstained count?

Sounds believable enough. After all, organized religion is the root cause of all evils.

Naturally. My religion is perfect and unassailable, even in works of fiction.

Religious Institutions are required to ensure your religion doesn't turn into an obtuse mess of syncretic beliefs like the old Euro pagans.

That was the Protestants not the Catholics

Name one good thing religion ever did

Attached: clamman.jpg (354x494, 37K)

>>game has a race of brute, hulking humanoids that live in huts and use primitive weapons
>>they're noble savages
noble savages have to be the worst fucking cliche ever, I can't imagine anyone unironically believing it in real life.

Reminder the “god” of Catholicism is Jupiter. And Saints and Angels take the roles of lesser deities.

helps form the building blocks of civilization you fucking mongoloid.

You're thinking of american puritan protestants

Preserving Roman texts and writing down history, providing motivation for people to explore.

True. Most of the witch trials and executions throughout Catholic Europe were conducted by superstitious peasants rather than religious officials, and many figures in the Church condemned belief in black magic (and the practice of executing those suspected) as paganism. Which is not to say they didn't execute heretics and devil-worshipers, but witchcraft was treated as more of a problem born from a stupid, superstitious populace than an actual threat to Christianity.

>Angels take the roles of lesser deities
thats always been the case you fucking filthy Protestant purist.

I prefer ds3 to bloodborne simply because the design of the world and bosses remind me of berserk. Just look at the pic in the op, it's just obvious where they stole it.

Be the cornerstone of Western civilization, you uneducated man.

Attached: 1557873470233.jpg (640x640, 77K)

nice buildings and aesthetics

Unwarranted aggressivity... Yup, typical behavior for a religious "person".

I only mind it when they are shown doing horrible shit but we're still suppose to believe they are 'noble'. Fuck that goddamn noise.

I remember my edgy atheist days too.

>Jupiter
what

Just like real life. See the Vatican.

Pic related.

Attached: Christian Dark Ages .gif (363x323, 9K)

Keeping Western civilization from completely collapsing into ethnic infighting due to shared feeling of belonging to Christendom, a cultural link that goes beyond national borders and petty, changing politics.

At least until the Reformation.

Attached: 1547418637916.png (900x601, 459K)

>implying I'm religious
>implying you're not just baiting for (You)s with your edgy fedorafaggotry
here, have your (You) and fuck right off.

Orcs from Warcraft immediately come to mind.

Religion sucks and it will continue to be shitted on and the world will continue to move leftwards and there's nothing you or you polcuck friends can do about it. Seethe you mongrel.

Attached: chibi-goku-drawing-lovely-goku-google-joke-battles-wikia-of-chibi-goku-drawing.png (816x979, 326K)

Seething this hard, and for what? You type like you've been abused during childhood.

>stop worshipping the gods of the skies, the earth, the stars and the sun
>start worshipping weird monotheistic spy on you masturbating man
>world turns into a cyberpunk dystopia
wtf

Elder Scrolls
Based and redpilled

>get baptized
>say bad word
>salvation stolen
why is this allowed

As the accomplishments of the era came to be better understood in the 18th and 20th centuries, scholars began restricting the "Dark Ages" appellation to the Early Middle Ages (c. 5th–10th century),[6][7][8] and now scholars also reject its usage in this period.[9] The majority of modern scholars avoid the term altogether due to its negative connotations, finding it misleading and inaccurate.[10][11][12] The pejorative meaning remains in use,[1][2][13] typically in popular culture which often mischaracterises the Middle Ages as a time of unchecked violence and backwardness.[14][15]

Is it impossible for a religious faction to be good?

One thing I still can't understand, why was Gwyndolin such a faggot

It's come to the point where I'm actually surprised that the religious faction/organization isn't corrupt or evil, especially in Jap games.

Deus Ex was disappointing because the Templars were the "bad" guys in a game almost every other faction you can side with was morally grey and had a point with how society should be governed and humanity's connection to technology, even the Illuminati.

Templars were portrayed as backwards luddites that hated technology, when they weren't. They were very pro-technology, they even invented technology via powered exoskeletons that could rival the cyborgs and nanomachine augmented humans.

Their personal grudge was against transhumanism, and they believed it corrupted society and and end human civilization as we know it.

because his dad was a superstitious moron who forced him into faggotry because of some connection to the moon
but was also perfectly fine with having a feminine daughter be the "princess of sunlight"
why was gwyn such a moron

>nobeliefs.com
>pretending to quantify """scientific advancement"""
Ah yes, I too remember being an uneducated atheist fedoralord that "really likes science, guys!"
When I was in middle school.

Which was a reflection on how trannies are a shitstain in our society

His father raised him to be a girl.

The lore is written later, with little regard for "sense" or "continuity".

>that "really likes science, guys!"
the worst meme propagated by reddit and the "skeptic community"
hand these faggots a peer-reviewed paper and those fuckers would lose their minds, they can only tolerate science if its spoonfed to them via 10 minute youtube videos with inspirational music or wacky sound effects

so Gwyn kept the faggot around but disowned the fucking god of war dragon killer son while his actual titty monster daughter died

What religion did those people belong to?

NK never got disowned by Gwyn, he fucked off and was removed from history after sundaddy died

Jesus christ you're a retard. They birthed civilisation, gave a moral code people abide by.

I went looking for Gwynevere r34 and I found a shitton of sissy gwyndolin stuff, I swear there's more faggot r34 in the dark souls series than straight one, the only one I do like is Solaire

I think the Templars were originally supposed to be referencing fundamentalist Islam but they didn't want any backlash and so picked on the Chrisitans instead because nobody gives a shit about them. Also, the Omar are bad guys too and they were the polar opposite of the Templars.

Kept Muslims out of Europe for thousands of years

Only if the basics of what they believe are actually true. If god in the story is real and good, or the devil is real and evil, or the witches/demons are clearly ruining the world. Then it at least becomes possible. Like in Star Wars. The Jedi Order is clearly a church for the light side, which is definitely real and good.
Even then writers tend to go for the "they don't live up to their own principles" and make them hypocrites. Which is why you get stuff like the fall of the Jedi and characters like Kreia.

Attached: jbv seraphim.png (1365x900, 1.66M)

Catholic, but user's original contention was that the Church itself was behind the witch hunts.

>religion is good because it protected people from religion
200 IQ post

The Light from Warcraft is pretty unambiguously a good thing as long as you don't listen to the edgy nutters who think the wind chimes were too mean to the blueberries.
Nearly every Harvest Moon style game has a reasonable and positive depiction of religion.
Roguelikes and 4x games have pretty po-faced takes on religion.

I honestly can't think of many games where religious people are demonized. Sometimes you'll get stories about fringe cults (like the OP) worshiping things that they probably shouldn't which is really just a fantasy take on satanic worship or you get stories about how the institution is bad without shitting on the believers (e.g. FFX).

>Castlevania: Order of The Institution of the Church

>church isn't actually evil, just has a lot of rules so everyone doesn't fuck the world over
>your party causes a ton of problems trying to be "free" and do whatever they want

SMT uses the gnostic God as a proxy for oppressive foreign powers

yes, but only when they are jewish or muslim

Attached: 1556711822001.jpg (1065x1080, 240K)

>can shit on all cults I want
>can't shit on certain chosen people
how's this fair?

did nothing wrong

Attached: YaldaDidNothingWrong.png (1400x2700, 584K)

That's what Gnosticism is, though. The belief that the demiurge is distinct from God and possibly evil.

I find it tiresome because in the year 2019 it's clear humans are by their base codding two things: irrational and opportunistic and most forms of tribalism where it be political, spirtal or academia, are used by the majority to feed their irrational and opportunistic behaviors. We should really be past caring about this shit and understand that people are of good or of ill regardless of their backgrounds or tribes.

Attached: 1487762341587.webm (716x540, 1.74M)

>higher, politically-powerful ranks of a widespread religion filled with devoted followers are staffed with power-hungry bastards

Truly grants me powerful thoughts.

Attached: 1559788832524.jpg (400x603, 91K)

I could talk about how the majority of science, medicine, and mathematics were brought about by them, but you'll likely just say that because it wasn't done by a clergy on the church's payroll it doesn't count as "religion's" accomplishment. Tends to be the immediate response to those.
And even with that restriction, there's Gregor Mendel, and Augustinian friar who's the father of genetics.

Attached: bonedad.jpg (400x400, 51K)

>I find it tiresome because in the year 2019 it's clear humans are by their base codding two things: irrational and opportunistic and most forms of tribalism where it be political, spirtal or academia, are used by the majority to feed their irrational and opportunistic behaviors. We should really be past caring about this shit and understand that people are of good or of ill regardless of their backgrounds or tribes.
It's easy to pretend to be above such things, reality is very different

When given enough power, religion can become very dark. Read up on The Dark Ages. It's why religions tend to be portrayed so darkly some times.

It's also not difficult to see religious impacts now a days either. American politics are supposed to be free of religious influences by law of our constitution, yet it has more of an impact on our political system in many ways than it should.

It's also pretty contradictory and hypocritical that one of our slogans is "In God We Trust." Though, if any attempt were made to remove it, the Republicans and entire South would have a complete meltdown.

The Christian book burning of Latin scripture is literally unparalleled in mass, in known world history. Christians have arguably been the most destructive force in Europe.

Just like real life.

if humans were rational we would only care about ideas. take the ideas that are beneficial and go from there but it seems everyone loses their mind to one camp or the other and they throw away good opportunities and friends just because they belong or believe in shit they disagree with. why do people have such a strong urge to hate others that it goes pass rational thought?

Attached: rent free.jpg (1600x1200, 264K)

>"scientific advancement" is a single quantifiable medium along an axis
>calls it the dark ages
>believes Christianity is the cause of it
Holy goodness this idiocy.

Attached: 1561389222279.gif (576x471, 15K)

>giving a shit about Amerimutt Protestants
thats your first mistake right there

>muh rationalism
how fucking insufferable

A Godless society is a doomed society, where people will fuck animals, kids etc neverending depravity.

Attached: 1559957700097.jpg (1647x2130, 315K)

It depends. Is religion bad? No. Is the church bad? It can be.
Religious institutions are an authoritarian dictator of the spiritual nature of man. They prescribe extrajudicial and extrascriptural rules and requirements to participate in the religion and demand believers pay dues to the institution to be "good and true believers". A religious faction with can very easily be evil if the faction is headed by an institution that claims to be a religious authority, because authoritarian exploitation of people through religion is a real and common thing in the real world.
Jesus would agree, fuck the church, pray and believe in your own home or with your own community and your church offerings would be better given to the poor and the hungry rather than those greedy collared fucks pretending they speak the word of the lord.
Of course some local churches are fine, it's just that The Church as an institution CAN be evil regardless of the tenets of the actual religion because of its authoritarian nature.

When humanity rejects any form of divine authority whatsoever, they usually attempt to become said authority through use of the state, technology, etc. etc.

That sure explains why men of God love fucking little boys

>why do people have such a strong urge to hate others
Because the alternative for them is to hate themselves and/or their life. They cope and find causes to be mad at or attack to dull their minds away from how their lives are nothing like they want them to be. Because the majority of people if given the life they wanted and needed they wouldn't hold any passion to people needing weird fetishes or heroes to get by in their day to day life.

Attached: 2619125.jpg (500x500, 24K)

I wouldn't be a Christian even if God were real.

I don't think it's so much God itself that impacts people so much as the community aspects and moral teachings of the religion. I still go to church because all of that shit helps me in improving myself, but I still don't believe in "God." At least not in the sense that my church does. I see "God" more as a euphamism for one's self. Cept some people are too unmotivated to do things for themselves, so they're tricked into believing that they're doing something for someone else. It's more motivating to improve under the idea that you could potentially disappoint others rather than yourself.

The only sin the bible ever considers truly damning is Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit.

>papists
>men of God

Attached: 1538231898015.jpg (268x284, 10K)

Never I said I was, I'm trying to fight it every day, I do my best not to give into it, we have this wealth of wisdom are forefathers never had yet we give in to such base line urges

>All morals stem from religious beliefs
Based retard

>muh God is an evil tyrant and we're gonna rebel against him because he's mean
even the Greeks knew that if you fucked with the Gods you're going to get your shit smacked. Life isn't a fucking JRPG, you can't beat the universe

I know this is petty, but they also put Catholic priests in Romania, which is just anachronistic as fuck. I liked Netflix's show, but holy shit, do some basic research

>The Light from Warcraft is pretty unambiguously a good thing
This would be true if you were talking about old WoW lore, in nu-Wow lore the inherent goodness of the Light is relativized a lot and the whole thing is heading towards something along the lines of "Light and shadow are neither good nor bad, both can inspire equally evil and good deeds, all that's important is that they are in balance". Some fans already speculate that Blizz is setting up an expansion pack with Light fanatics as the big bad evil. Blizz is therefore perfectly in line with the Zeitgeist that is responsible for this thread.

>game has religious faction
>there is corruption and internal problems but there are still good people trying to reform the faction from within

Attached: shelinda.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

What's the worst God can do? Send me to hell where I'll be free from his control?

>The church has become corrupt and evil
>team up with God himself to kick their ass

This shit is why I hated KotOR II so much.

I'm gonna go have anal sex with my girlfriend now, faggot.

>What's the worst an omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient entity can do?

>get sent to a place of everlasting torment
>At least I'm free!
That's like blowing your brains out because one guy wants to punch in the stomach.

>in current year of 2019
>people still pretend anal sex is in any way shape or form better than regular sex

Nobody denies the pedophilia going on in Catholic clergy, but keep in mind that the faction who controls the media, holds deep contempt for Catholicism, meaning that pedophilia is equally, if not more, rampant in other institutions such as education, Child protective service and so forth, yet not publicized as much. Some churches celebrate lgbtpride, that doesn't mean God approves of sodomy. It means that our churches has been infiltrated and subverted by wicked individuals who hate God.

Mankind endulges in base pleasures and hedonism without a higher ideal, which stems from the belief in God. All higher philosophy points towards God.

Also, image related, those behind it hate God and commit evil such as this

Attached: notice the spiral.png (842x654, 903K)

Haha take that mom and dad!

Better to burn in hell free than live as a slave for all eternity

>Boy Scouts engages in abuse
>no one cares

>politicians are all snakes with fucked up fetishes
>no one gives a shit, people still vote out of pure delusion

>Hollywood is a festering pile of scum
>no one gives a shit and people still worship celebrities

>catholics
they are not christian

Europe was ravaged by pagan barbarians, not christian priests or monks. Whatever wasn't lost during these times was preserved and duplicated by christians or muslims. The church only establishes as a firm political power after those dark ages between the fall of the Western Roman Empire and the Carolingian renaissance

>licks the boots of politicians, CEOs and businessmen
>b-but at least I'm free from sky daddy

Attached: 1525311884992.jpg (895x1200, 224K)

well gay people do user

That said data shows porn searches on that has been on a strong decline for years likely thanks to better BC options and the fact that 30% of thirtysomthings men in first world countries haven't even been with a girl and their fetishes either go really vanilla or full extreme
Also, how the hell did 30% of my generation for decades without even dating? The idea seems impossible to me.

Attached: 1560991268391.gif (500x335, 1.07M)

It gives the majority of the population a sense of purpose and community. And even purpose built on a lie is better than no purpose, no community, no hope or meaning in your life, and complete nihilism. Especially in mass groups.

Why is it always a fucking katana? Why can't it ever be a decent curved sword, like a kriegsmesser?

so you are a moron now?

I'm not a Capitalist, so no, I'm not a bootlicker.
Based, literally me

Too realistic for you?

Attached: 17cc7ohv7fez.png (537x538, 555K)

>I'm not a Capitalist, so no, I'm not a bootlicker.
oh my fuck you can't make this shit up

Why do people get so radicalized anyway to want to trash history like that? Shouldn't we be more interested in the past how things where and why things changed like they did? It's really troubling most don't even have a grasp of the years just before they were born let alone centuries of it.

Based

>how do people go without dating in an era where you can have your entire life ruined by some random thot who wouldn't happy with you anymore.

I don't know man.

just proves why religious people have a lower iq on average

>Religious Group
>Turns out to be Corrupt Zealots

>Scientist/Free-thinkers Group
>Proceed to disrespect every single human right

>Freedom/Trading Group
>Actually a dictatorship by few big guys

>Underdog Group
>Actually just big guys using the people as a club and fodder over other big guys

>Noble/Knight Group
>Once again disrespect every single human right in the sake of Justice this time

>"Prejudice Stand-in" Group
>Literally builds orphanages, spends all savings on buying drugs for terminal children, volunteers on 8 different places to help unfortunate people and has their cellphone always available as a help hotline for if anyone is ever feeling down. Literally unable to do anything wrong and even when a situation happens where you could feel they are in the wrong, they are in the right. Most known philosophers and philanthropists come from these people, they are also the only hope whenever they appear. Everyone just hates them because of whatever tag the developer put on them.

Attached: 0f0.jpg (680x683, 50K)

it's meme history. People don't want to truly analyse and understand historical perspectives, just follow an established narrative set up by the current academic zeitgeist.

He literally made this up user, you fell for the weakest bait

nice cope, keep at it

Nice use of buzzwords kiddo. Filters are a wonderful thing.

>>Proceed to disrespect every single human right
Yeah, but that's justified, because it's "for science" and how dare you even question the benefits of their research at the expense of people's lives. Just think of the potential.

>kiddo
reddit speech is no better

short answer:
>your rights end where my feelings

This is what is the tend anymore, left, right, cis, LGBT, theist, atheist, truth is just this awful thing that might force you to reflect on life

You're right you just named them heretics and burned them anyway.

Most people here cannot stop watching pornography, ofcourse they cannot understand spirituality

Attached: subhuman.jpg (1255x645, 137K)

>Nice use of buzzwords kiddo
>kiddo

You seem to need (You)s real bad user, what happen?

Attached: 562357268653893589.jpg (625x626, 32K)

did I strike a nerve, kiddo?

the animation and fight scenes are extremely well done and fun to watch but the writing is fedora tier shit. It's to be expected when your writer looks like this.

Attached: Warren_Ellis_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg (2256x2952, 3.72M)

Friendly characters seldom advance the plot in interesting ways.

I liked the fights and Sypha, that's about it. The dialogue was trying way to hard to be cool and edgy.

>Filters are a wonderful thing
So is a good woman that will love you

>The Spanish Inquisition was established in 1478, with the aim of preserving Catholic orthodoxy; some of its principal targets were "Marranos", formally converted Jews thought to have relapsed into Judaism, or the Moriscos, formally converted Muslims thought to have relapsed into Islam. The public executions of the Spanish Inquisition were called autos-da-fé; convicts were "released" (handed over) to secular authorities in order to be burnt.

>Estimates of how many were executed on behest of the Spanish Inquisition have been offered from early on; historian Hernando del Pulgar (1436–c. 1492) estimated that 2000 people were burned at the stake between 1478 and 1490. Estimates range from 30,000 to 50,000 burnt at the stake (alive or not) at the behest of the Spanish Inquisition during its 300 years of activity have previously been given and are still to be found in popular books.

>In February 1481, in what is said to be the first auto-da-fé, six Marranos were burnt alive in Seville. In November 1481, 298 Marranos were burnt publicly at the same place, their property confiscated by the Church. In Sicily, in 1511–15, 79 were burnt at the stake, while from 1511 to 1560, 441 Maranos were condemned to be burned alive. In Spanish American colonies, autos-da-fé were held as well. In 1664, a man and his wife were burned alive in Río de la Plata, and in 1699, a Jew was burnt alive in Mexico City.

The church sure was complicit and was more than happy to let civil authorities burn people alive.

Oh shut the fuck up you disgusting pedo liar.

>Estimates range from 30,000 to 50,000 burnt at the stake (alive or not) at the behest of the Spanish Inquisition during its 300 years of activity
that's not nearly as much as I was expecting to be honest

>Executing jews and muslims
>Somehow "bad"
???

Those don't exist.

>laughs in Gilgamesh

Religion pretty much has that reputation.

champagne

Wow, kill yourself you tinfoil hat

If Gods law were followed, there would not be any STD, no thots, no single mothers with negroid mulatto babies, no tattood mentally ill criminal boys growing up with single mom, no lonely neets, no 38 million homosexuals killed by aids, no trannykids, no pedophilia

You reap what you sow, all these virgins on this board is the result of disobeying Gods law.

Attached: 1561294328533.jpg (1583x2048, 409K)

>My imaginary daddy is good! Others' daddies are bad! Fuck them!
Fucking degenerates.

They didn't name them heretics, heretics and witches are different things. It's not that hard to understand, is it? Also, most of the wikipedia article deals with secular law enforcement when the replies were about the church.

Sodomites have no future

Attached: 1561290861593.jpg (1600x1092, 339K)

>others' daddies

They all worship the same dad shitdip. At least pretend to understand the world you live in.

Are there any game with nontheistic religions in them?

All philosophy does not point to your crucified man's imaginary friend, and your religion is shit anyway.

Wanna know how I can tell a wh*toid made this post?

The Aquaduct

Heeeey the big man's back, www.thekidfrombrooklyn.com! D'ya ever seen them signs on the highway billboards years ago? "I'd walk a mile for a camel"? When they used to have cigarette commercials, the guy used to say "I'd walk a mile for a camel"? Well lemme tell all you young people out there: the big man would walk 20 miles for a QUAALUDE LEMME TELL YA! HA HA HA! THAT WAS THE DRUG BACK THEN, IN THE LATE 70S AND 80S, QUAALUDES! THE GOOD OL' RORER 714 AND THEY CHANGED IT TO LEMMON I TELL YA- HAHAHAHA! I WISH I HAD A COUPLE OF THEM FUCKIN LEMMONS NOW, THAT WAS THE BEST FUCKIN DRUG EVER MADE! AND IT WAS SO FUCKIN GOOD, THE GOVERNMENT TOOK EM OFF THE FUCKIN MARKET CAUSE THEY WE-THEY WERE PUTTIN THE DRUG DEALERS OUTTA FUCKIN BUSINESS HAAHAHAAA!!!! NON-NARCOTIC, NON-ADDICTIVE; BRING BACK DA FUCKIN QUAALUDES!!!!! YOU CAN TAKE ALL DA FUCKIN COCAINE, MARIJUANA AND ALL DEM FUCKIN DESIGNA DRUGS DEY MAKE TODAY, AND STICK EM UP YA FUCKIN ASS!!! THERE'S NOTHIN LIKE A FUCKIN QUAALUDE HAHAHAAA! I TELL YA DEY WERE DA FUCKIN BEST!!! HAVIN SEX ON A QUAALUDE YOU'D THOUGHT YA DIED AND WENT TO HEAVEN, LEMME TELL YA!!! AND WHEN YA HAD AN ORGASM, YA THOUGHT YA WHEN TO DA FUCKIN MOOOOOOOOON HAAHAAHAA!!! BRING BACK DEM FUCKIN QUAALUDES!!! ANYWAY, THINK ABOUT IT!!! THIS IS DA BIG MAN- DA VOICE!!! DA VOICE O' DA PEOPLE HAHAHAAA!!! RORER 714 HAHAHAAA!!! AND DA BIG MAN IS ALWAYS, ALW-HAAHAAHAA!!! HAPPY TA SEE YA!!!!

Attached: FUCKING QUAALUDES.png (1028x716, 765K)

>europe was ravaged by christian warlords
Fixd for you, retard

Attached: tumblr_inline_o1vzfsb1aP1rg4edj_540.jpg (270x360, 31K)

>Vikings
>Magyars
>Moors
>Christian
hmmmm

Everything in Dark Souls is corrupt and evil.

>STD
Sex problems.
>thots
Sex problems.
>single mothers with negroid mulatto babies
Sex problems.
>boys growing up with single mom
Sex problems (actually, you've just stated the same one in the previous point).
>lonely neets
Sex problems.
>homosexuals
Sex problems.
>trannykids
Sex problems (actually, you've just stated the same one in the previous point).
>pedophilia
Sex problems.

Interesting post. You know, I think I understand how to fix most of your "problems". For you, at least.

Stay mad

Attached: 1560243153655.jpg (949x960, 114K)

>Game has religion faction
>Its the most fun allowed
Try stirring up trouble in that sorry state with your insides on the outside for all the world to see!

Attached: Alfred.jpg (850x495, 87K)

>There's no reason to assume just because there's an extremely powerful/knowledgeable being that it would be a perfect moral agent.
god is the archetype of enlightenment, so all goodness comes from him

Is the fix two words, expressed in eight characters?

Yes you agree with Gods law

Attached: 1561293716477.jpg (1583x2048, 462K)

lmao

man

nun porn

>there are people who actually get mad over shit like this

And I bet you believe in chemtrails as well, right? Kys idiot

>God makes man able to feel pleasure
>God then tells man to avoid feeling pleasure at all costs

Why would God let us feel pleasure if it was a bad thing?

Didn't a demon tell him that God was disgusted by his work and turned his back from him? And wasn't there a good priest who was able to bless water and help killing demons?

>God gives us fruit
>tells us not to eat it
>we eat it
>"DUDE WHAT THE FUCK"
>"WELL SHIT MAN, HOW WE WERE SUPPOSED TO KNOW, GAME IS RIGGED"
I want homoDSPs to leave.

breitbart died from fucking falling over on his rollerblades lol
this is who you faggots look up to
a fat guy whose fucking heart exploded when he fell over on his faggot boots
lmao

>They didn't name them heretics
Christians named anyone they didn't like an heretic, and had no problem with burning people for speaking the truth. Pic related.

>most of the wikipedia article deals with secular law enforcement
That acted with the approval and in agreement with the church that would confiscate the property of its innocent victims.

Attached: giordano bruno.jpg (1200x2186, 370K)

>all of the internal middle age's conflicts in europe
>crusaders randomly pillaging european cities on their way to the front
>The entire Hundred Years War
MHHHHHHH

God isn't real lol

Yeah, these thread really underestimate the full extent of this shit cliche, it isn't restricted to religious groups

I'd replace Freedom/Trading Group with pretty much any governmental group though since a lot of times Trade Groups just are the "morally grey independent group who aren't on anyone's side :-)"

Attached: ....jpg (1300x1235, 73K)

>They all worship the same dad
>that's why they all kill each other nonstop
Retard

lol god isn't real you faggot

You didn't answer my question. Man would have still enjoyed pleasure just the same as any animal does.

No I don't, fuck that shit. Kill yourself.

why don't you put the actual bible verses rather than reinterpreting them to support your views?
oh right because your entire fictional religion would collapse

>humans like conflict
holy shit, revolutionary discovery user

Obviously.
Because those are the rules, jackass.

How is this random pedophile proving the existence of your imaginary friend?

Who's "we"?
Why the fuck do abrahamics always want to force their bullshit on others who don't want it and live infinitely better without it? This is why you are always corrupt and evil in videogames.

Where did a mouth-breathing idiot like yourself even find a conclusion like that?

Your rules you mean. Not mine.

100 years ago NO ONE would have made a game which criticized religion.
It's amazing how human people are weak minded and can be easily subverted.

Wait a minute if god is all knowing, he surely would know whoever ate that fucking fruit was gonna eat it, so why did he just do something he knew that gonna happen and then get mad?

Attached: 1537885873468.gif (500x348, 478K)

Reminder that 'Christian Civilization' is a myth - it's a well-documented facts that Christians destroyed much of ancient world's culture, relics, wisdom etc and ushered in what is known as the 'Dark Age'; in fact what they now claim to be Christian Civilization is just the fruits of Renaissance.

You know what Renaissance was like? You had a couple of all time great artists working for wealthy people in divided city-states, and what was the Christian contribution to it? Savonarola. Burning people at the stake and even convincing Boticelli to burn some of his paintings.

Yes, that is the Christian contribution to the renaissance: burning Boticelli's paintings. And of course total domination of the public discourse so 99 percent of the pre-19th century stuff you see is just degenerate Habsburg kings and scenes from the Bible.

he was playing 16D chess, he even created Satan/Lucifer to play the part of the "Great Adversary"

White christian males murdering random women and children who were not doing anything but praying at the mosque maybe?

>muh barbarians
>not really
>m-uh CONFLICT IS UNIVERSAL, SO WHAT?
Kek, just cope already

>It's amazing how human people are weak
>human people
Are there inhuman people, or human non-people?

Attached: thonking.png (387x336, 86K)

>respond to post asking why man, as a plurality, is commanded to act in a certain way
>respond
>some other dipshit reees about it being a plurality
bruh come on
Fuck OFF Epicurus
>omnipotent entity gives the entirety of mankind orders
>declare yourself exempt from them
>???
>burn in heck

>Game has no religion you like
>Make your own

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x338, 40K)

It's so easy to scoff from your comfy 21st century home, no doubt.

Yeah, it's amazing we didn't have video games 100 years ago. Much wow

This is not realistic at all. Religious factions IRL are not only corrupt and evil, they're also pedo\homo circles and thirld world lovers.

Attached: ffdsf.png (586x656, 611K)

They only mention "marranos" (pigs aka joos) beign killed like they are the only prosecuted minority

According to real history, yes.

This was written in 1794

>I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church. All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.

>Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and tortuous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel.

FUCK god

Attached: 1552773105349.jpg (283x9628, 1.04M)

>triggered churchcucks

Attached: 1561607578178.gif (640x360, 439K)

Ultraviolet pilled

long image is loooong

Catholics aren't evil. They're just jew slaves.

Yeah, and then they started mass slaughter that made Bolsheviks look tame in comparison, transferred power to a Tyrant manlet that burned entire Europe for 20 years until some reliable people met in Vienna and created an order that lasted until 1914.

>muh blacks and gays are just as bad as pedophiles
Imagine being this daft

>The opinions I have advanced ... are the effect of the most clear and long-established conviction that the Bible and the Testament are impositions upon the world, that the fall of man, the account of Jesus Christ being the Son of God, and of his dying to appease the wrath of God, and of salvation, by that strange means, are all fabulous inventions, dishonorable to the wisdom and power of the Almighty; that the only true religion is Deism, by which I then meant, and mean now, the belief of one God, and an imitation of his moral character, or the practice of what are called moral virtues – and that it was upon this only (so far as religion is concerned) that I rested all my hopes of happiness hereafter. So say I now – and so help me God.
-Thomas Paine, a fucking Deist

How about that time the "noble" crusaders turned on their fellow Christians and sacked Constantinople, you fucking faggot?

>Bolsheviks
>Tyrant manlet
>Britain
What?

why yes i am

Your point being that you are a caveman posting from a swamp?

The most delicious tears, indeed

>talking about 2 completely different time periods
that user was referring to the instability between the fall of Rome and the High Middle Ages

>Bruno was tried for heresy by the Roman Inquisition on charges of denial of several core Catholic doctrines, including eternal damnation, the Trinity, the divinity of Christ, the virginity of Mary, and transubstantiation.
You posted a literal heretic to underline that the Catholic Church wildly accused anyone it didn't like as a heretic, especially witches.

>That acted with the approval and in agreement with the church that would confiscate the property of its innocent victims.

Secular law enforcement didn't need the approval of the church, they were concurring and often conflicting law systems that could work without each other. Church inquisition trials had a lower rate of condemnation in witch trials than secular ones, adhered more closely to the rules of the trial (the accused may only be tortured thrice (IIRC) to extract a confession) than secular law. It was the secular authorities, at least in the German states I know sources of, that introduced the habit of disposessing the "witches", first to finance the quite expensive inquisition trials, soon after a mysteriously high number of rich people were found to be guilty of witchcraft. A great number of "witch trials" were also just lynch mobs killing the herb woman or orgies of violence exterminating whole cliques inside a town, often jews. Those incidents cannot properly be ascribed to either secular or church law since technically those were breaches of law, not lawful executions, but are still commonly included when estimating victim numbers.

Yeah and those are not to found in the church nor the bible as he himself said

Most of these guys aren't even true christians. They're just contrarians larping as christians because being a christian is counter culture now.

The High Middle Ages were from 1000 to 1250 and the sacking of Constantinople happened in 1204, brainlet.

h

>because being a christian is counter culture now
More sheep for the slaughter

Attached: 152623574684575960.jpg (350x250, 65K)

What's his heresy, stating the truth? There's no eternal damnation, there's nothing after death. There's no proof the christian/muslim/jewish god exists anymore than the Spaghetti Monster exists. What are you trying to accomplish here?
Prove that christians are evil and burn people alive for wrongthink like the worst of dictators?

>Secular law enforcement didn't need the approval of the church
The church stole the possession of the innocents it condemned to burning.
>In February 1481, in what is said to be the first auto-da-fé, six Marranos were burnt alive in Seville. In November 1481, 298 Marranos were burnt publicly at the same place, their property confiscated by the Church.

>not knowing what a fucking time range is
yeah, during the 1200s Christianity wasn't really perpetually under threat like it was in the 700s. What the fuck are you even trying to say?

>denying the existence of a magic man in the sky means you deserve to die

Ah, the nobility and mercy of the catholic church truly knows no bounds.

maybe despite not really being Christians they recognize that nations need an underlying philosophy to be governed by if they want to be successfull. Muh "fair and librul" democracies didn't just fucking pop out of the goddamn ether after all.

The fact that this is even a thing never fails to baffle me. Swinging pendulums and all that.

>it's a well-documented facts that Christians destroyed much of ancient world's culture, relics, wisdom etc
and the cultures before Christianity destroyed the cultures before them. That's how humanity works. Cultures do not last forever.
>and ushered in what is known as the 'Dark Age'
the 'Dark Age' was caused by the fall of Rome to Germanic tribes.
>You had a couple of all time great artists working for wealthy people in divided city-states, and what was the Christian contribution to it?
A move away from pagan rituals and descriptions for natural phenomena, greater unity than ever before, and a huge reduction in human rights abuses. Just because some horrors occurred, doesn't mean they define the entire continent.

>Europe was ravaged by foreign invaders
>Well actually it was also ravaged by christians too like this
>No, no, no this specific incident doesn't count because it didn't happen in X time frame
>well, actually it did
>Noooo, we're talking about anothe time frame now

Wanna move the goal posts some more?

>Game has religious faction
>they're all fat and good guys

Attached: 1520640377613.jpg (679x657, 170K)

The show is pretty bad. I liked some of the first season but the second was just awful, I don't know why so much of it had to be devoted to some cunt and a nigger for the sake of filling the Netflix diversity quotient. The only really good episode is the one with bloody tears where there's finally some good action and they finally fight Dracula, although it's bizarre as fuck how Trevor barely does anything and the fight is almost entirely between him and Alucard. Even with SotN to consider, having a Belmont taking second stage in a fight against Dracula is retarded.

AHEM
FUCK LAWFAGS
FUCK ANGELS
AND MORE THAN ANYTHING
FUCK YHWH

Attached: smt4a_nanashi.png (585x600, 93K)

> Muh "fair and librul" democracies didn't just fucking pop out of the goddamn ether after all.

They didn't pop out from religion either.

>go on a tirade defending religion
>gets called out
>"I'm not religious but I'm tired of X"
every time

>He actually believes that people didn't have moral codes before Christianity came along

Attached: Reaction-pictures-laughing.jpg (500x440, 103K)

>actual malcontents who beat off thinking of shitting on the Pope's chest
The pope is the antichrist though

>religion is evil
>can't side with their evil plots and create a dystopian religious empire

Lmao

I thought they were larping muslims

Where does it say Christianity? He asked what good has religion done.
Cultures all over the world have been massively shaped and influenced by religion.

>bruno
historyforatheists.com/2017/03/the-great-myths-3-giordano-bruno-was-a-martyr-for-science/
truth about what?

>It's another "dipshit bible-thumper equates homosexuality with pedophilia and bestality" episode

>A move away from pagan rituals and descriptions for natural phenomena
>the plague is because you sinned
Are you retarded?
>greater unity than ever before
>Europe divided into a myriad feudal states and cities all warring with each other
>hey look the muslims have taken over EE but who cares it's just a bunch of slavs lol

>huge reduction in human rights abuses
>Question the church? Burn them alive!
>Don't care about religion? Burn them alive!
>Want to keep your property? Burn them alive!
>Don't want the church to have your money? Burn them alive!
>Said something we don't like? Burn them alive!
Christians invented more ways to abuse humans and deprived them of their rights
There was more freedom from religion in Pagan Rome than there ever was in christianity, one got burned alive if they declared an atheist that don't give a shit about religion and don't believe in your god. That's why the Enlightenment was all about separating church and state and enforcing the human right of freedom of conscience and and free thought on bloodthirsty christians, cretin.

Nah, it's just kiddies from America and Europe pretending they give a shit about morals in between jerking off to the latest Sis Loves Me porn.

Back then, both witchcraft and heresy were crimes both under temporal and church law. We don't need to discuss wether we agree with that or not, I don't, neither do you, but for the people living then, this was just their reality.

Some anons blamed the witch hunts on the (catholic) church. Being a witch and being a heretic are different things. Hunting heretics peaks during the middle ages, hunting witches after the middle ages. Giordano Bruno was a heretic, not a witch, and he was never accused of being one. He was one in the best definition of the word, the inquisition probably gave him an opportunity to recant, as usual, and he was burnt for holding his beliefs, which again I don't approve of, but has nothing to do with the witch trials.

>The church stole the possession of the innocents it condemned to burning.
>In February 1481, in what is said to be the first auto-da-fé, six Marranos were burnt alive in Seville. In November 1481, 298 Marranos were burnt publicly at the same place, their property confiscated by the Church.

That, again, is a trial of heresy, not witchcraft, and I specifically said that my knowledge about concrete witch trials is restricted mostly to the German monarchies. The witch hunts in general affected most heavily France, Germany, to a lesser degree England and Scandinavia and sporadically the rest of Europe. The Inquisition's hunt for heretics, in turn, was most "productive" in spain and italy, just to stress again that they are different phenomena.

That he said nothing wrong of reprehensible and he was brutally murdered for not buying into the church's shit.
Also he was completely right about the nature of the universe.

based and godpilled

Thanks for essentially admitting that the only thing keeping you from going on a spree of rape and murder is your fear of making Sky Daddy mad.

bullshit, they're a product of thousands of years of combined religious/spiritual, social, economic and political thought. Disregard one of those fields and the entire structure falls apart.

Not that guy but what is your point? Burning women for being witches (which we know don't exist) and burning people for heresy are equally evil. The Catholic church has a lot of innocent blood on its hands.

>tfw you get so sick with corrupt shits you nail 95 shitposts to their thread
The absolute state of C*thoids

welcome to the world, everyone has blood on their name, whether through their history, culture, religion or ideology.

shhhhh this ruins the narrative

>Being a member of the world's largest religion is "counter culture"

Yeah, religion is a part of it. Just one part and we don't need it anymore.

>Just one part and we don't need it anymore.
bullshit as well, everyone needs some form of spiritual philosophy to guide them through life. Pure materialism would render humanity extinct.

Most people who identify as Christians haven't ever read the bible.

>Noooooooooo! It had WAMYN and BLACK PEOPLE it!!!!! -1000000/10, never ever watch

Except the big bad who ruined everything for everyone through subversion of the church and the prince was a scholar from the painted world

>game has an entire culture based off of one overdone stereotype
>one individual is an exception
>they join your party

And that has nothing to do with anything being discussed ITT.

>right about the nature of the universe
hermeticism?

Replace Christianity with religion in general, then. You don't need religion to form a moral code, dumbshit.

except the nature of mankind has been a focal point of pretty much every major religion, not even limited to the Abrahamic ones.

The atheistic white race will go extinct as it's outbred by Muslims and Hispanic, Asian and African Christians. Japs will be displaced by their Christianized Chinese neighbors.

Spirituality =/= religion. Buddhist monks are far more spiritual than the average western Christian.

The point is that in the case of the witch trials it has less blood on its hands than the church is commonly blamed for. Blame the church for the crusades or for burning heretics or for molesting kids, but during the witch hunts, the church officials were as reasonable and sceptical of the supernatural as you could expect from people during that era. On average, that is, the guy who wrote the infamous malleus maleficarum is a popular counter example.
The witch hunts were for the most part something that occured in secular law or ouside of the law as a reaction of a highly fanatic crowd (mind you the reformation just broke out and made everyone either a fanatical convert or a catholic who now has to identify heavily with his old religion), and only to a lesser degree in church law.

Fun fact: The various Inquisitions were formed in response to peasants and nobles alike starting to kill everyone they suspected of witchcraft, mostly out of greed and jealousy. The Inquisitors were sent to actually offer some kind of fair trial, in a medieval sense, and root out corrupt elements causing mass uprisings with false accusations.

>this was just their reality
No it was not, it was the church that wanted to keep its power over everyone else and for that reason murdered innocents. If that was "just their reality" how come people like Giordano managed to break out of the of the oppression and think differently? The only reality was the church suppressing ideas with violence, ideas that were there and are right. Do not attempt to justify the crimes of christians because they knew they were doing evil and they knew they were doing it to keep themselves in power as long as possible. The church is nothing but monsters and they deserve all the hate they get.

>never accused of being one
Practicing magic was among his bullshit accusations. Also saying the earth rotates the sun was among his bullshit accusations. Anything the church didn't like was an accusation for burning. We are talking about the catholic church here and they are nothing but evil monsters.

>Game has religious faction that exists aboard five massive colony ships that exist as their holy cities
>While utterly fanatical they’re only being manipulated by corrupt leadership and would absolutely fight alongside you if not for that
>If you correct this before the final battle they tell you that they will atone for their sins when the time is right and fuck off for most of the game outside of one of their priestesses joining your party.
>During the final battle the enemy brings out their capital ship, considered one of the greatest starships ever built, to prevent you from landing on the planet and stopping their plan
>During the ensuing battle a transmission suddenly comes in stating that it is time to atone for both the enemy and themselves
>One of the religious faction’s holy colony ships suddenly warps in at the same coordinates as the capital ship and self destructs obliterating it while doubtlessly sacrificing several billion believers in the process.
>After the static from the radiation clears out the radio chatter is gradually flooded by hymns and prayers as the wreckage starts spewing out their paladins in mechs and zealots in fighters that were jetisoned before the detonation to begin a suicide charge against the nearest surviving enemy to create enough confusion to allow you to land planet-side. Even some random civilians in non combat ships that managed to survive by pure luck are in the mix ramming any enemy fighters they come across.
>The main villain and even the heroes are genuinely horrified by the absolute insanity on display.

Attached: 6929C38D-D408-4499-B8FD-9F1ABB1E2084.jpg (564x428, 53K)

> Blame the church for the crusades or for burning heretics or for molesting kids
Oh, I do. But I also blame them for the innocent women that were killed during the witch hunts because we both know there have been some, even if they aren't as many as some people say.

Anyone can be "moral" when things are just peachy and nice. When shit starts to go south then suddenly no one gives a fuck about morality anymore. Most people would end up being Reinhard Heydrich than Oskar Schindler

What is: The Spinach Inquisition?

>and the cultures before Christianity destroyed the cultures before them.

oh? I did not know Romans destroyed Egyptian culture. Or the Greek temples.

>Buddhist monks
Buddhism is just as dogmatic as Christianity at the worst of times, despite what New Age faggots will tell you. Buddhism adheres to a rigid and cynical view of the universe and fuckers that don't know shit always trivializes that and treats Buddhists like 60s era hippies.

That's pretty delusional. Numbers don't mean anything when whites (America, Europe, and Russia) hold most of the world's military power and can wipe out the rest of the planet.

>he unironically posted "the graph"
Look up the printing press you absolute retard. Also nice Y axis.

>The atheistic white race will go extinct as it's outbred by Muslims and Hispanic
That's terrible, I cry every night thinking of this. How can humanity live without those beautiful white-skinned demigods?!

>implying feminists and SJW's should be burned/sent to insane asylum
youtube.com/watch?v=fOCD_T9Qqpc
Point at this retard and laugh

>what?

Attached: f9376fe0-eac2-4905-8c0e-35cf4b1d7193 (1).jpg (1366x738, 549K)

That wasn't my point at all, but keep moving the goal posts.

ITT: Losers who never had sex and is obsessed with their childish viyjdo gajmes

Ofcourse they cant comprehend God

>employs torture on accused, ensuring confession because people will say whatever bullshit you want to hear just to get you to stop fucking TORTURING THEM
>fair trial
Do you think Stalin's trials against ukrainian farmers were "fair" too?

Did you misquote or are you just retarded?

the average Buddhist isn't a goddamn monk either. I must've blocked it out for being such a moronic comparison.

So you're saying that fear of retribution from an invisible wizard is the only thing keeping everyone from tearing each other apart, then.

Fear of God, no. Fear in general, yeah

Earth orbits the sun, the universe is huge and well beyond human knowledge. Oh and it's filled with countless suns that have their own Earths orbiting around them.
Yeah, these basic science facts were deemed heretic by the church and cost a man his life.

White Europeans are being quickly outbred by Arabs while the white governments encourage it. Also
>slavs
>white
Slavs are very Orthodox by the way.

So far all the big ones have been responsible for some pretty heinous shit up until now, so I'd say they deserve the stereotype.

It's kind of like communism. Every instance of it up until now has been fucking awful in actual practice.

Which game?

Based. Fuck Christfag pedos.

That's why the ones that are always most violent are those that preach fear, christards, trumptards, nazis, all that other human crap. Never people like Voltaire who aren't afraid of calling you out on your bullshit and speak up for themselves.

Right, because "We'll tie you to a rock and throw you in a lake to see if you're a witch. If you just drown, you're innocent, and if you escape you're obviously a witch" is a "fair" trial.

Motherfucker, are you dense or what? My point was that you don't have be part of an organized religion to be spiritual.

thats not why he was killed though
ill send you a link with some good info

>Slavs are very Orthodox by the way.
Yeah, I'm aware because I am a slav. And if we're not white then none of you are white either. Your countries are overrun by spics/muslims/niggers.

>White Europeans are being quickly outbred by Arabs
You wish.

Attached: 1561294170793.png (918x494, 442K)

>historyforatheists.com
Y I K E S ! ! !

>Torturing a confession out of somebody is a "fair trial"

it united people under one banner and that helped civilizations strive for awhile. But then again this also created some of the most fucked up moments in history.

source

art imitates life

>most violent
What, are we measuring dicks now?

I'm slavic, nigga. I drink vodka followed by eating a pickled tomato.

>Shinto
>morally good
Sekiro wants a word with you

The average pleb doesn't care about spirituality. Maybe they did once, maybe not. Nobody cares anymore because we live in a strictly materialistic world where the dollar rules all.

>it united people under one banner

No, Constantine and Charlemagne killing everyone who wouldn't obey them did that. Christianity was brought to Europe the same way Islam was brought to the Arabs: by the sword.

>it united people under one banner
>orthodox rift the moment it's born
>protestant rift a few centuries later
>nonstop infighting for centuries
Pffffffft

If you need to be scared into doing good, that kind of suggests that you aren't actually good

And Europe stopped murdering each other when we will stopped giving a shit about religions while arabs are still murdering each other in the Middle East.

What would you suggest, Answers in Genesis?

saul literally speaks to the dead in the bible, is that not magic to you (or them)?
it's kinda funny tho since samuel (the dead guy he's talking to) is basically just like "oooh you're fucked now, you shouldn't have done magic"

Unity is normally brought through bloodshed. I don't know what the fuck is with the moral posturing on Yea Forums is all about, both by the Christfags and fedorafags. Empires are built on bloody conquest and exceptionalism.

You think people are genuinely good? Newsflash, they aren't. Rosseau was full of shit and Hobbes was entirely correct.

>play detroid become human
>they do an online survey and ask if you believe in god
>over half the people answered no
When did the world become so degenerate

>game has a religious faction
>they're actually totally righteous, their behavior justified and are doing God's work protecting civilization from demons.
have you thanked a Templar for their service lately?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x960, 166K)

The Catholic Church is the protagonist of history. The reason you hate it is because you've grown up in the evil empire where the good guy is made out to be the bad guy.

The Catholic Church will save Europe and the world in the next 100 years.

Attached: El Greco – Saviour of the World.jpg (950x1220, 101K)

>Why do videogames portray us as evil and corrupt? We just think oppression and genocide is good!

Easy to say that when you're living off the fruits of genocide and oppression right fucking now.

>comprehending G-d
based brainlet

>>they are corrupt and evil

just like irl

>thats not why he was killed
It was literally among his accusations, retard.
law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/brunolinks.html

Every religion that doesn't accept Jesus as it's Lord and Saviour is evil.

I'm an atheist dude, I benefit nothing from the evils of religion. The only people I'm living off is the brave ones who fought for my freedom not to live a lie.

Nah. This last pope is the harbinger of the anti-christ, like in the prophecy. The world is about to end, dawg.

>religion
this goes far beyond religion now. Every single empire in history worth a fuck has committed serious atrocities and used them to build something of value. The same deist "rationalists" you believe so fiercely in would gun down an Injun in a heartbeat for the sake of Manifest Destiny.

>Some people are bad so that makes ALL people bad!

The Clerics in (Heroes of) Might and Magic are definitely good guys.
Though what exactly they are worshipping isn't made clear at all. They may as well be just a guild of white mages.

Too bad they all died before the concept of Manifest Destiny even existed.

>who is Thomas Jefferson

If god cares so much about bestiality why did it wait hundreds of years for his Christy missionaries to tell all the people in South America to stop fucking donkeys?

Why not like, fuck more virgins and send a prodigal son to each culture so that they all get the message at once?

I've never killed anyone before and wouldn't even if there were zero consequences. I'm atheist. Maybe being taught that you shouldn't hurt people because you'll burn in hell instead of being taught that you shouldn't hurt people because you wouldn't want to be hurt by someone else creates the exact scenarios where religion is at its worst.

>He thinks Jesus was a real person
Funny, you'd think that the obsessive record-keepers that were the Romans would have some sort of record of him
>Inb4 Tacitus
All he actually said was "Hey, so Nero pinned the Great Fire on this religious group that call themselves the 'Christians' after some prophet dude they claim we crucified."

>Preacher wants to save people with the scriptures
>LGBT sodomites attack preacher
>Somehow people think preacher is the bad one

Get proven wrong:
Matthew 7:12

Therefore whatever you desire for men to do to you, you
shall also do to them; for this is the law and the prophets.

Also known as the Golden Rule.

>"I believe the Indian then to be in body and mind equal to the white man," (Jefferson letter to the Marquis de Chastellux, June 7, 1785).

I get it

You can believe them equal to the white man but still oppress them for the benefit of your country, genius. Racism has nothing to do with it, it's just stone cold pragmatism.

FUCK NETFLIX REDDITORS THEY RUINED CASTLEVANIA AND NGE (the pinnacle of Christian anime)

Attached: 1542410157155.png (256x224, 4K)

The scriptures that tell people to murder their kids and beat women?