Booting up this game is pure magic. That song. That cover art...

Booting up this game is pure magic. That song. That cover art. That title screen that constantly changes depending on what chapter you're on.

Pure kino.

Attached: The Last Story.jpg (220x312, 23K)

what's up with the recent interest in the last story? did it get ported or something?

Probay just zoomers that were babies when it came out discovering it.

Yea Forums zoomies trying to fit in

zoomers found another hidden gem that was actually popular and got a lot of buzz when it was new

If the battle system wasn’t so fucking braindead it would be 10/10.

I progressively made protag look more heroic (Silver and blue armor) and another character who ends up betraying you more villainous (Red and gold armor) throughout the course of the story. The twist happens.
mfw I subconsciously predicted what was going to happen all along purely through aesthetic choices with the character customization.

Kino indeed.

>Booting up this game is pure magic
Yeah, then you actually play it and understand why Mistwalker went under.

it got nowhere near the attention Xenoblade did

I'm playing it again and want to talk about it. Honestly it gets better with repeat playthroughs since the characters are all so fleshed out.

Attached: 220px-Pandoras_Tower_box_artwork.png (220x311, 137K)

im sad that I never got to play these games.

Why is the haunted house level graveyard boss so much harder when replaying the level than regularly?

The customization is Last Story was great. Sad that we're locked out some things now since they put it behind online play though.

>Last Story
>Pandora's Tower
>Xenoblade Chronicles
I remember the hype for these games because these were the last good JRPGs that were released for the Wii
But, where they good?

Dolphin is as braindead simple as emulators get

I think they all hold up pretty well. Last Story is pretty predictable but also pretty comfy and amusing (until certain bosses that is) and Xenoblade is probably one of the best examples of what a jrpg epics is, story and gameplay/exploration wise. I've been watching a friend play through Pandora's Tower since it's the only one I don't own but I see why people wanted it too, it's pretty unique and can get tense at times but the downtime with the heroine are real nice as well as rewarding.

Xenoblade was good, but I do wonder about the other two. Pandora's Story got really average reviews and the Last Story wasnt reviewed particularly well either. I know reviews aren't everything, but I wonder whether the people who claim to love these games are just contrarians

they all remind me of FF12 so sure I guess

XBC>Pandora's Tower>Last Story

It's fucking weird, I played this game and beat it, and yet can't recall anything about this game, like nothing.

Attached: 1503606961894.gif (308x336, 2.7M)

Not even the battle arena with the euro-soccer commentators?

One of the best things about Last Story was how in multi-player you were able to use basically any major character in game to fight with on top of having your online messages be literally anything ever said in the script, not character restricted at all . I hated Jirail but man if his lines weren't some of the most amusing to set up for other characters, or even just using NPC lines. RIP the sever though.

Nothing, it boogles my mind

it's a hidden gem. Someone is just now coming across it

Comfy, both literally and condescendingly. The core game is literally "walk up to enemy and hold left stick at them until their dead" until you start getting meaningful party commands in the final stretch, but it has so many great little details and options (and the battles and cut-scenes so seamless) that I didn't mind. Would hear Syrenne compare the battle arena to losing your virginity again. I should try New Game+.

Xenoblade was far and away the best of the three and really the brunt the hype. Last Story has Mistwalker name on it and I'm glad it we got it, Pandora's felt like a tag along. Remember that this was 2011 and barring Zelda Skyward Sword and Kirby Returns, Nintendo had left the Wii die two years early outside of Japan.

And everyone found two or three funny lines and spammed them in the matchmaking room.

"Oh Mummy!"
"Oh it's blowing a gale! It's positively ruining my hair!"

Attached: tumblr_m1ixkrrTn81qfxho5o1_1280.png (1280x307, 415K)