Literally impossible without a guide or the internet. How were kids in 1997 supposed to figure this shit out?

Literally impossible without a guide or the internet. How were kids in 1997 supposed to figure this shit out?

Attached: Chocbo-breeding-FFVII.png (795x555, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Chocobo_Sage
youtu.be/PjJuOojgj7E?t=341
youtube.com/watch?v=NwIyM9GLGpA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

By trying to figure it out with your friends.
Basically, doing everything they can while advancing the plot.

Smh gamers today are stupid.

By using a guide or looking on the internet. Both of those things existed in 1997.

Trial and error, with a guide, or word of mouth. Internet and guides were huge back then you know.

There are a few NPC's around the game that give you all the information you need, though I agree the amount of trial and error can potentially led people to believe they're doing it wrong eve when they're doing it right.

Attached: 51YCVHPTBZL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (260x311, 15K)

kids just managed to do shit like that and nobody really knows how
that CTR remake is fucking nonsense trying to go in blind and find all the secrets and the letter challenge but somehow as a kid i managed to do all that shit with ease
children are so stupid they wrap around into being geniuses

Attached: 7312019917632.gif (301x302, 711K)

This, fucking zoomers are retards never played the damn game.

They probably read the NPC dialogue that gives out hints. People who read guides don't.

I did it after a hell of a lot of trial and error and a friend doing the same.

I was fucked by FFIX's hot and cold chocobo game. Literal days of effort before I decided fuck it.

Ok retard how are you supposed to get vampire boy ultimate weapon? It literally just requries some random set of actions.

>How were kids in 1997 supposed to figure this shit out?
You answered your own question.

Attached: bradyguide.jpg (480x640, 41K)

Back in the day you just played games or there was always one kid with an older brother who knew all the secrets. Like how the fuck did anyone figure out Missingno yet all the kids at school knew it

Internet exist in 1997 idiot

>random set of actions
You just explore with the submarine, find the cave, come back a while later and that's it, what's random about exploring/backtracking in a FF game?

>vampire boy ultimate weapon
excuse me?

Attached: 2541png.png (582x681, 281K)

the breeder literally tells you how step by step, if you fucking zoomers didn't play it in fast forward or used god mode maybe you might have seen it.

Can't remember for the life of me...

by 1999(?), I was already using google with a dial up connection iirc

>did everything I was superposed to
>This fucker every time
I think my copy was glitched or something

Attached: 1535113177874.png (600x600, 199K)

you have to go in a cave with him in party, watch cutscene (the cave is empty if you dont have him in party), go the fuck away and fight several times with him in party and then come backt o cave with him in party.

You bought a guide. Or you collaborated with your friends or someone who knew somebody with a guide. There was a reason those things were big business before the internet got big and ate their lunch.

He doesn't his information is incomplete and several steps are RNG based, which you can't know.

You buy a guide or look at the internet.

I did it, spent hours and I never got bored. I couldn't do anything like that now, take me back. I'm 32.

Google was founded late 1998.

The game fucking tells you how to catch chocobos you retard, don’t blame the game just because you’re an idiot

>some random set of actions

How about real random set of action like searching a locker on one-time only backtracking ?

By buying the strategy guide, because FF games in particular are just too fucking dense without the internet as a resource to research shit that you don't understand. Imagine getting all the way to the research center in FF8 and not noticing that there's an invisible dialogue choice.

>Literally impossible without a guide or the internet.
You do realise there's a Chocobo Sage that tells you every step to breeding all Chocobos right?

Attached: ChocoboSage-ffvii-field.png (146x167, 14K)

I think he meant yahoo

Pretty sure there is one NPC in the game that tells you how to get a gree, blue and black Chocobo. Not sure if he tells you about the golden one.

i remember it was a while before i realized that entering and exiting towns changes what chocobo i would get, i would just get the same one over and over thinking it was fucked

>mfw discovered diablos can heal you if you demi him
Based as fuck

Word of mouth. Also this

He doesn't. Why do you retards keep saying that?

It still hurts to see that enough time has passed that Yea Forums posters are using the underage argument in defense of FF7 these days

Yeah basically if you use Vincent and explore a bit before the end, the game gives you extra content and his final weapon. It's neat.

>how are you supposed to figure out without a guide on internet???
>you buy guide in paper form idiot
Nice arguments.

But he does, he mumbles each step and then cuts out and forgets every now and then. You have to keep going back to get it in full.

finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Chocobo_Sage

>Chocobo Sage advises how to breed special chocobos. He only tells one bit of advice at a time, relaying the information once before forgetting it, although Chole at the Chocobo Farm keeps track of the accumulated info. After Chocobo Sage has given all the advice, the party will have learned how to breed the green, blue, black and gold chocobos.

Based literate.

This was back when people didn't go through 200 random games a year. When you played a game, you played through as much as you could while figuring shit out. Also,

Here's your guide, bros.

>Chocobo Sage:

>Oh, I remember! The Ocean-crossing Chocobo is..

>The Mountain-and-River-crossing Chocobo is ......is... Oh, what was I saying?

>Chocobo Sage:

>Let's see now... ...Nope. Don't remember a thing.

>Seventh time

>Chocobo Sage:

>Right, right! I remember! You take the Mountain-and-River-crossing Chocobo...

>Mate it with a 'Wonderful Chocobo' you can catch right around here... And you'll get...

>Chocobo Sage:

>Can't remember for the life of me...

>Eighth time

>Chocobo Sage:

>Oh, right! You'll need a...

>'Zeio Nut'. Now let me see, as I remember, the Zeio nut...

>Where was it you could find those things?

>Chocobo Sage:

>Can't remember for the life of me...

>Nineth time

>Chocobo Sage:

>Oh yeah! Zeio nuts were...

>The favorite of goblins. There's a small island east of here where the goblins have a bunch of them.

>Afterwards, one line randomly chosen

>Chocobo Sage:

>I think...

>...that's all I'm gonna remember.

>Chocobo Sage:

>Oh!

>That's it...

He doesn't mention that you need to race the chocobos, he doesn't mention carob nuts, he doesn't mention that you need to fight battles in between and he doesn't mention that there's an RNG factor. The guide is objectively incomplete. Retards.

Attached: 1560800039965.png (500x523, 259K)

Animal breeding is bullshit in every game, just like it's bullshit in real life. If you subject yourself to it, you WANT suffering.

Cait Sith?

Talk to Chloe after he's told you everything and she lays it all out for you in detail.

Chao breeding in the Sonic Adventure games was based.

i think you buy a guide or any of those playstation magazines with free demo cds that had gameplay hints

yes

Back in 1997 kids had critical thinking skills. That has been lost with this generation focusing instead on gender studies, microaggressions, and #pussyhat

>Some kid at school told me about the highwind trick to get quadra magic
Its astounding how people figure out that shit

Attached: 1538521499141.png (750x375, 424K)

youtu.be/PjJuOojgj7E?t=341
Game tells you every step you need to do.

The who in the what now?

Not him, but you could land edgeways near Mideel's cave and the highwind dumped you out across a small ledge so you could just enter the cave without the river chocobo.

When you go the land the highwind if you hold square you can move it slightly while its landing.

Using this you can make yourself bypass a cliff to get the quadra magic cave.
youtube.com/watch?v=NwIyM9GLGpA

Oh that, right, I completely forgot.

you didn't have internet in 1997?

>read news about FF9 like 1 year ago
>SUPER SECRET QUEST FOUND after xx years!
>mfw I found this quest as a child and played through it like it was just a normal quest

Going back to NPCs to talk to them again after important events was pretty normal for me. I'm surprised nobody noticed that the dialog always changed for those NPCs.

Attached: 1373084694040.jpg (354x354, 32K)

Probably wasn't even born in 1997.

Social media and the internet are a mistake, people these days cant think for themselves or play to find out the secrets. If its not in an online guide, good luck having them do anything. Also probably the reason games are getting so dumbed down, people litteraly cant handle thinking for themselves.

Attached: 1528311267608.gif (245x210, 1.84M)

That's probably what happens for every single "secret found after 1254257 years XDDD", some nerdo found it two weeks after release but never talked about it.

By playing the game, bbs or magazines. Underage.

Trial and error to birth the perfect weeb ostrich so I can get a feature film length summon I don't need = critical thinking
Literal critical theory, but on topics that are uncomfortable to me and contest my weakly supported worldviews = Total nonsnse

>Getting mad on the internet
>About a game from 1997
>Over a sidequest that's not required
>For a mount and summon that trivialize everything else in the entire game
>Getting mad this isn't easy to obtain
Total nonsense.

Who are you quoting? I never even attempted the breeding chain. I just find your post hypocritical.

Oh I unlocked by accident then since I'm a klepto when I'm playing JRPGS.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm not even the same person you're talking about but I didn't address your point because that shit makes no fucking sense.

>Being able to follow vague instructions given though an NPC in a very specific area of a game =/= critical thinking
>Believing things like wage gap and other goofy myths and ideologies statistically proven false accessible through a google search that almost anyone in a developed country has on a simple handheld device = critical thinking

By buying the official guide goy

I didn't have the internet in 1997, but guides for shit like this were commonly available in magazines.

This. People also forget that there was a point where kids couldn't easily just digitally buy / pirate a slew of mediocre games on PC and have an endless supply of games to drop 20 minutes into getting stuck.

Having access to JUST one PS1 game will make you go back to it when you get stuck, instead of speedrunning the game until you hit a roadblock then spending hours shitposting / jacking off / watching youtube / playing the latest MOBA / Battle Royale

I googled gender pay gap and I got heavily cited Wikipedia page. It's pretty interesting. Thank you for showing it to me. This seems to be at a higher level reading than Mike's Chocobo Guide however.

FF7 wasn't entirely out of that phase of videogames where obscure things were deliberately added with no ingame hints simply because it was assumed that guides would be included in magazines. It used to be the standard. A game gets released, it has impossible content, you buy a magazine and solve the impossible content and brag to your friends as if you found the solution yourself. Nintendo Power Magazine existed precisely for that reason and Nintendo made tons of cash from selling the missing ingame clues in paper form.

Only in a very, very abstract way.

Similar with getting Aeris's final limit break. Yes, you can get it without a guide, but you wont.

Tifa's one was ridiculous too. As is getting all the Fort Condor missions done.

They used obscure secrets to sell game guides with stuff like Final Fantasy and Donkey Kong, or they put it in there not really caring whether people will find it or not - GoldenEye 007 had button input codes and nobody knew about it for years because they never released it to the public.

There is literally an NPC in the game who tells you how.

>very, very abstract why

Nigga what? He outright tells you, step by step, what to do, down to what fucking nut to use, Or are you telling me that it's "abstract" to talk to an NPC with a memory problem more than once to get more info?

>I'm 32
You're a fucking fetus.

>an invisible dialogue choice
Fucking wut. I played FF8 back in the day but I don't think I ever found anything like this.

You go to Wal-Mart and read the player's guide somebody took out of the shrink wrap.

Are you fucking stupid ?

This too. We only had very few games in those days, so you'd tend to milk them like crazy.

>implying I got Vincent OR Yuffie in the party on my first time playing

Valkyrie profile had this issue as well. You had to have a guide to get "A" ending

I'm colorblind so I kept resetting the game thinking i got a green chocobo, wasted several hours before asking my dad what color it was.