Cheapest console right now

>Cheapest console right now
>Backwards compatibility
>Xbox game pass
>Best controller

Convince me not to buy a Xbox one

Attached: xbox one s.jpg (1707x1118, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

maxconsole.com/threads/fun-times-ahead-for-xbox-one.53299/
xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility
xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games
youtu.be/5h0D6t9AAcw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Xbone X is better.

>ever thinking of buying the SAD one.
Sad.

Don't buy an Xbox One. Wait for the Xbox Two to come out.

Buy one OP

I’m currently in the market for one and I have a PS4 Pro.

The wait between good games is getting longer and longer. I quite often browse PS store looking for something to interest me and can’t. I’d much rather play some backwards compat than try my luck with PS now awful streaming, plus I miss Halo.

How is Master Chief Collection lads?

get the x

Takes for fucking years for it to load any video game.
I hate the fucker. When you wanna have a 20min bash of a game and have to spend 15mins waiting for the shit to boot up.
It's crazy.
It's also counter intuitive as fuck to play couch 2 player.
If i've got a mate over who I only see every other month, why the fuck do I need to have his microsoft account.

It's total garbage.

Attached: trulytheblunderofalltimes.png (706x415, 21K)

Holy shit, it has less exclusives than Vita.

Goddamn those controllers are so aesthetic

Not even shit posting, why would you ever buy an Xbox in this day and age? Original Xbox, of course, 360, of course. The fucking Xbox one? Why?

It has no fucking games, literally anything worth playing exists on the PS4 or PC already, and both of those actually have things that they alone can do. I truly do not understand why anybody would purchase this machine.

Project Scarlett comes out in a year and that will be backwards compatible as well as forwards compatible. I tell people considering getting PS4s the same thing.

This.
I'm sorry that you're so poor, OP. But the combination of PC/PS4/Switch means that you could play literally every game on the market

Scarlett will be out in 2020. Wait for that.

It’s cheap

It is backwards compatible and actually makes old games playable with better performance.
Xbox One X is obviously the better choice if you have money though

The best part about this is that Rare Replay is very heavily rumored to be getting ported.

Reminder that Xbox One might get fully hacked soon.

maxconsole.com/threads/fun-times-ahead-for-xbox-one.53299/

Bit late to the party OP.

My friend bought a bundle off Facebook, they sold it with 3 controllers and 10 games for £140. He sold a controller for £30, a few of the games he didn’t want for £65 so he effectively bought a Xbone S for £45

Don't buy the SAD model though. All it does is strip features.

Its good if you are a casual poorfag

Reminder that the ps4 is already hacked
Reminder that switch is already hacked
Reminder that WiiU is already hacked
Reminder that PC exists
Reminder that almost every xbone game is on PC

Obviously the X is the best, but the S is a good value.

Stay away from the launch model, which drops below 700p on some games and the SAD model which is just SAD.

Heres the links #shillzone
Backward Compatibility List
xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

Game Pass for PC/Console
xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games

>Reminder that the ps4 is already hacked
Barely hacked. Plus the scene is dead. Xbox One can play all generations of Xbox and this could be a bigger scene compared to the PS4 trannies. It's a bigger deal if the Xbox is hacked.

I'm not dumb enough to buy a console but if I was I would probably get a PS4 because Spider-Man and God of My Wife's Son. It probably doesn't really matter though since those games are probably trash. I guess what I'm trying to say is you should go for it if that's what you want to do.

I bought a second-hand xbone just to play last gen games in HD. Never regret it even once

>No games

youtu.be/5h0D6t9AAcw

Get an X to play older Xbox games in best way possible. Otherwise Xbone has nogaems.

which is more likely to get an end of life hack? I haven't paid for a game in 15 years

the all digital edition isn't very good if back compat is your thing since you have to buy the back compat games at full price instead of getting them for a few bucks from a gamestop/goodwill bargain bin

Everything else is valid though

Anyone who ever bought an Xbone that wasnt an X is a fucking retard. Xbone X having the best experience for certain games is the only reason to buy an Xbone.

Original xbox is and was garbage even in it's heyday, 360 was worthwhile. Bone has gamepass which is a great value, I'd be a happy boy if for example Nintendo or Sony had gamepass that works just like MS'.

Attached: keanu.jpg (680x382, 29K)

Will the new xbox let you use xbox one normal controllers?

Buy a 3DS instead

Yes.

sounds like your retarded, seek help

>my friend
>friend
you can stop lying there

I can't
it's too good of a deal.

how?
it relies on Xbox BC for some games.

would be cool to see how close to perfect the OG xbox emulator is with this, ngl.

I hope there will be something like nopaystation or pkgj for xbox.

unless they can hack some worthwhile exclusive games into it, who gives a shit?

ok save your money and upgrade your pc

Xbox and 360 backwards compability. Depends how hacked it gets but I'd love to see custom fw for this thing. Also it's big since the PS4 scene is dead.

master chief collection is very good I've been playing it since launch, upgraded to the X almost a year ago and yeah, It looks even better on it

I really wanna get an Xbox because I like owning physical games, but
>paid online
is holding me back. If only the Switch was more powerful, I would stick to that.

>Xbox BC for some games
x1 bc isn't native hardware emulation. Its software emulation so microsoft can easily get it running on windows 10 since x1 is literally windows 10.

sadly 360 BC relies on recompilation so there isn't an actual full-on emulator, I'm sure some parts of the GPU are emulated, but definitely not the whole console.
The OG xbox is likely a different story.

don't buy it unless it's an X, I've had one since near launch and the console just sucks, it runs all games worse than ps4 and way, way worse than PC, i'd suggest it a year ago but since MCC on PC, infinite on PC, and PC gamepass, i'd just upgrade your computer. I really only use mine as a media centre (which it's actually kinda bad at)

Phil said multiple times that they won't bring BC to PC due to variation in specs on PC.

Should I get an S or an X if I mainly care about the 4k blu ray player, backwards compatibility, and maybe Forza?

They are doing it with MCC user, why wouldn't they do it with rare replay?

Issue about the X and the S is that they're the completely different end of the spectrums for game performance and shit.
X is far and away the best for resolution and framerate while S is far and away the worst.
I'd say an S since Forza is fairly well optimized regardless of the version but certain BC games are far better on the X then the S
Because as he said, the Rare Replay games are BC games but the MCC collection games aren't the same as the BC Versions they're ported to the collection specifically.

Don't buy xS, it weaker than base ps4

And what they did for MCC they could do for rare replay obviously. WIth the way microsoft is heading I wouldn't put it past them to do this too.

You'll also be able to pirate on it soon if it isn't already possible
Saw talk of recent exploits

>Buying consoles in an age where PC is now more plug and play.
you zoomers have ruined gaming with your paypig bullshittery and fucking out to f2p gaming.

>>Buying consoles in an age where PC is now more plug and play.
I have a $3k pc I built myself and I find this comment to be complete bullshit. PCs will always have a higher difficultly factor to consumers than consoles ever will. If anything PCs are becoming more complicated with the varying brands and products they try shoving in your face. Its main reason why people go towards pre-builts.

>If anything PCs are becoming more complicated
They're more accessible than ever, while consoles keep getting more complicated and bogged down with bullshit so the publisher can cut corners and make a little more money.

Used to be
>Buy game
>Put game in
>Play game
>Couch co-op and local multiplayer

Now its
>Buy game
>Put game in
>Mandatory installation
>System update
>Restart
>Game update
>Restart
>Another game update
>Restart
>Finally play six hours later
>Game has no couch co-op
>Multiplayer is online-only
>Last 1/3 of the game is paid DLC

>Now its
>>Buy game
>>Put game in
>>Mandatory installation
>>System update
>>Restart
>>Game update
>>Restart
>>Another game update
>>Restart
>>Finally play six hours later
>>Game has no couch co-op
>>Multiplayer is online-only
>>Last 1/3 of the game is paid DLC
You're literally just making shit up. RDR2 was the longest install game I've purchased recently and that only took me an hour to install and start. Switch has many co-op games I play with my girlfriend and roommates. Don't get me wrong, pc is great but I'm constantly trouble shooting software issues that randomly arise for no reason, optimizing games when first starting takes just as long as games to install initially on console and windows updates are more frequent than console updates and causes more problems.
>just pause windows updates
Security reasons you fucking idiot.

All you'd have to do is inject Xbox/360 games into the recompiler in order to run them. Your underestimating hacking scenes.

Back compat for 360 relies on some hardware acceleration custom to the xbone

>Switch
Nintendo is the exception, you can still largely just put the game in and play on Nintendo's platforms. Its PS/XB that pull the aforementioned bullshit.

Point being most consoles are not the simple "put game in, play" machines they used to be, and PCs are easier to use and play games on than they were years ago.

user, they can port the games just like they did for MCC.

how does optimizing graphics settings take longer than 2 minutes max?
boot the game, select your settings, play for 30 seconds, do you hit your graphics/fps goal of 60/120 or whatever? no, okay so drop a big setting or two down and repeat. done.
my ps4 takes like 10-20 minutes to install most large games from a disk and that's with a slightly better hard drive than stock even if i'm limited by sata2 in the ps4.

It's not real-time recompilation tho
they do it ahead of time iirc

All the games are on PC so get a PC instead

I'm still using an old Xbox 360 controller, is it really that much of an improvement

>Its PS/XB that pull the aforementioned bullshit.
Switch has game and console updates all the time. You can choose not to do them just as you can on x1 and ps4. I not following your bullshit right now. PC you literally have to download all your games and updates before you can play them too. PC hasn't changed one bit since steam released streamlining these issues. If anything its only getting worse with all these companies trying to make their own launcher.
You're lying through your teeth if you haven't had games you spent at least 30 minutes on adjusting settings or needing to find some fix to get something to work properly.

I don't have money for a new PC.
All new games are badly optimized for PC.
I hate weeb shit so PS4 is not for me
Xbone x is the way to go imo.

Go on ebay and get an x for $50-$75 more.

>Console that pushes the digital only agenda were no one owns their own games but continually have to pay to play them

Attached: 1508354591793.png (404x266, 182K)

Best multiplats

Reminder that Retroarch is also available on Xbox one right now

The Xbox One does run a native 360/of emulator on Xbox One. Like the PS2 emulator on PS4.

But you have to be in Dev mode. Hopefully when we get a kexploit we won't even need to purchase a Dev license.

There's a way to get dev mode for free, that's how I got it, but can't remember how because it was so long ago.

Build a pc

not really, i have 600+ steam games and only shit like from 20 or so years ago maybe will give me an issue like max payne 1 on pc having sound issues but there is a link on the steam forums right at the top for the fix since it's known. i keep my pc up to date and bloatware free for the most part. also helps that i have a powerful pc so really i can max out just about any game not not drop below 100 fps except on the most demanding or recent games. shit just works. i'm also 30 and have been gaming on pc since i was a kid so that probably helps a bit. pc is smooth sailing.

>best controller

Attached: 1561307908920.jpg (524x398, 39K)

>Calls someone retarded while using improper grammar
Pottery

Attached: 1557782047658.jpg (416x508, 67K)

Yes but it also has crossbuy with W10 and most people try to avoid W10 from their PC so with that in mind things change a bit.

I got a PS4 pro for $55 purely from trade-ins

OG XBONE has some bonafide classics though., put PS2 was legendary.

Kill self

>Security reasons
it's all bullshit, disable that garbage with Update Blocker

idort here
pc is obviously best but the xbox is cool if you have friends on it, like the value gamepass provides and have some old games you might want to replay at higher res/framerate. i use mine pretty much to play with friends and try out the occasional new gamepass game. i use it a lot recently for back compat though. so far i'm playing through splinter cell and i'm going to hopefully finish pandora tomorrow, chaos theory, azura's wrath, ninja gaiden 2 over the next month or so, so i have a lot to spend my time on. i have metro, forza horizon 4, shenmue 1&2 and the two halo wars game to complete on pc gamepass among other things like hitman 2. on ps4 i've got to finish god of onions, horizon and the hd collections of kingdom hearts.

i'm hoping they bring back compat to the old timeplitters games as i have 2 and future perfect on my shelf that i really wanna play through again but my og hueg is dead and the emulation for those games suck.

HOOOOOOOOOLYYYYYYY FUUUUUUUUUCK BREHS THE NVME ERA IS ALMOST UPON US!

>Best controller
Is this some kind of meme? The Xbox One controller is garbage. It's so fucking huge and the buttons all feel like they are going to stick. It feels incredibly cheap, even the Elite controller. Such a downgrade from the 360 controller aside from the D-Pad.

I used to be a big adversary against all these pay monthly for games services. The library either rotates too often or its a fucking streaming service like ps4 which is laggy and shitty. Xbox game pass might be the first thing microsoft has done right since the intellimouse. The games don't change and you can d/l them locally so there isn't fucking lag, and it has PC games, good ones at that.

I hope more companies adopt a style of just a big library of games you can d/l instead of a big library of games you can stream at 30fps with 200ms input delay.

Attached: hentaifingering6.gif (240x160, 889K)

I bought my OG Xbone for 300$
Sold that to my cousin for 200$ when the S came out and used that money to buy an S for 200$ so
Then sold that S to my cousin again for 200$ and used that to an X for 500$
So essentially I bought 3 consoles for 600$ over the span of 4 years.
Not bad really all things considering.

do you by chance have a prebuilt pc? or like a shit ton of extra software installed? sounds like there's something wrong because gaming on pc is basically plug n play, steam/origin/bnet takes 99% of the install work away from you so all you gotta do is boot up and do your settings like resolution the first time. if you're having problems with multiple games it's probably your pc and how you're handling stuff

Wiiu Pro is the best controler.