>friend gets Prey
>I completed it several times, one of my favorite games in the last few years
>calls me over to chill and play the game with him
>watch him play for a while
>chooses hard mode
>"yeah bro I'm good at FPS shooters"
>doesn't explore half the areas he gets to, picks up 1/4 of all the loot
>completely ignores computer terminals most of the time
>misses keycards, audio logs and other loot that's literally flashing to attract the player's attention
>gets lost every 40 seconds
>doesn't read most of the notes he picks up
>doesn't even search bodies he comes across
>doesn't bother to do research on enemies and learn their strengths and weaknesses
>spends medkits when there's a medical operator right next to him
>deals with every enemy encounter by rushing them and shooting them
>WHAT THE FUCK BRO THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE I'M OUT OF AMMO AND MEDKITS HOW IS THIS FAIR

Holy shit it was frustrating to watch him play. I thought Prey was a bit too forgiving and hand-holdy but now I see the sort of casual that the developers have to keep in mind when designing games. And still, even with all the hand holding your average casual gamer is simply too used to games literally leading him from map marker to map marker and having him point his crosshair at enemies and press a button. It's so disheartening to me that we will probably see the death of this type of game because casuals simply don't get how to play even a relatively approachable title like Prey.

Attached: 29249.jpg (590x336, 16K)

On the bright side, I now know the type of person that constantly shitpost in Prey threads about how bullet spongey the enemies are and how it's too tough.

I would doubt anyone's claim to ability if they gave a name as redundant as First Person Shooter Shooters

He has a habit of calling them exactly that. We're not from an English speaking country but I'm certain he knows what FPS stands for yet he still calls them FPS shooters.

you literally spent your time watching someone else play a single player game. so who's the real dumbass at the end?

Your friend sounds like a chad and judging by your post you are clearly the virgin.

I love Prey and was hoping to see him having fun with it and ended up just being frustrated because he struggles with the most basic shit. And it's not like he recently started playing vidya either. I guess this is what happens when someone who primarily plays Sony Cinematic Experiences tries to actually play a game with engaging gameplay.

Well meme'd friend

I enjoyed watching two of my friends play through the game. I made them a thing comparing their playthroughs for laughs.
They are husband and wife.

Attached: Preythrough_Comparison.png (2457x1050, 3.05M)

Probably you, who read a blogpost about it.

>expecting others to google enemy weakness
as an owner of Prey, i didn't see shit in game stating any thing about weaknesses.

and if this piece of shit expects me to search shit up on the net, its a shit game to begin with - now if you could point me into where it says in game about enemies n weaknesses, that'd be fan-fuckin-tastic

also, just wanna say it
>bethesda

You get a scope fairly yearly into the game that you can scan enemies with and learn about their weaknesses and immunities. It also unlocks alien abilities for you to buy with the neuromods AND it tags the enemies for you so you can track them more easily. He got the scope but he simply never uses it.

you literally have a full screen of upgrades for a gadget thats directly related to:
finding new powers
finding enemy weaknesses
have you even played the game? this information is everywhere

Attached: 1516385909238.jpg (499x338, 37K)

Exactly the type of player being referred to in the OP

You seriously have sub-70 IQ if you didn't know how to approach enemies in Prey.

Attached: 1561415877848.jpg (900x900, 53K)

Neat.

well, fuck.

or maybe that's just his style, going head first for the first run and after he finishes it, he goes for a second run with more subtlety. I usually do that for semi stealth games like hitman and shit.

I actually like the encounter design and pray quite a bit. Most fights are horribly imbalanced early on if you approach them head-on, but you have such a wonderful plethora of tools to tip Encounters in your favor. And then, when you're finally comfortable enough too easily dispatch animes of most types, they start ambushing you and robbing you of preparation time.

I would understand that if it was actually successful. What happens instead is that he just either dies or ends up spending all his ammo from all weapons on one enemy encounter and then doesn't know what to do.