Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g8ShyYDHzCI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

looks like a game i would try on my phone then immediately uninstall it

why? PD is pure soul

Attached: saturnPD.webm (720x540, 3M)

Ill play it, but im not super hyped. Should've remade Orta or Saga desu

>Orta
Literally doesn't need a remake at all. Looks wonderful.
>Saga
SCREAMING for a remake, I agree.

The original PD is an early Saturn game that runs at 20fps, of all the Panzer games I'd say it'd benefit most from a remaster.

Saga was the only good Panzer Dragoon game, the boring rails-shooters brought nothing new to the genre at all. Orta being the worst offender of them all.

I'm glad it exists but something about the art style doesnt seem very Panzer Dragoon-ish. It's hard to explain but it's not gritty enough. I've no idea if that's just the result of the original games being so low poly that I filled in the detail myself or from Orta just being a grittier game in general but it looks too colorful and serene.

Yes, the original games are pure soul. But the trailer of the remake looks like ametuer hour with unreal with all the extra unnecessary stuff added in (and no water reflections which imo is a very important visual element of that stage) and the fact that they couldn't just make a 1:1 visual rendition of the 1st stage but with better graphics has me worried that it's gonna end up sub-par. Let's just hope the remake had the original as an unlockable

>brought nothing new to the genre at all
360 degree camera control was unprecedented in the genre in 1995 dummy. Zwei had multiple paths, pandora's box, and a jaw-dropping audio visual presentation.

Attached: panzer dragoon.png (3840x1277, 2.63M)

Looking good. Now that there’s proof we don’t need the source code, maybe Sega can finally give us a home version of the original House of the Dead that isn’t pure dogshit.

Looking forward to it. Kinda hoping if these do well they might remake Saga. Just make it from scratch.

Soulless

This. The artstyle looks cartoony and shit

Reminder that Panzer Dragoon Zwei is the greatest rail shooter of all time.

Attached: zwei.webm (720x540, 3M)

I've played them all, they did nothing special. PD wasn't the first shooter to have 360 movement at all. They existed on the fucking amiga.

The artstyle was excellent, which is why it gained a following but outside of Saga they did absolutely NOTHING new, so the surge in popularity recently strikes me as completely hollow.

>They existed on the fucking amiga.
Post a single Amiga rail-shooter that gives the player complete control of the camera.

They have the source code for the first two, just not Saga.

youtu.be/g8ShyYDHzCI

Looks like an "yet another Unreal Engine Remaster™" made by some random on Youtube in 5 minutes using the default settings

I'm happy we get to have another Panzer Dragoon anything, but I can't pretend I'm blind, it looks very underwhelming. And even if it looked great they're completely missing the tone of the first level. Not that I'm surprised, these are some literal who Polish devs that so far only did shitty fucking games.

Well, that's intriguing.

Looks like that shitty crimson dragon game they made years ago

Didn't microsoft make a sequel and it ended up being extremely shit?

Orta for other plataforms would be a better (and safer) choice

You mean Crimson Dragon? Made by the same devs, but Microsoft fucked it over by bumping it to the Xbone, never promoting it, and making it a Kinect game.

Looks far better than I expected out of a noname studio.
But the dragon animation is still worse than PD1 on Saturn. I'm also not sure about the DA
Still very happy regardless

I'll buy it to show my support for PD and hope they do better with Zwei / Saga

Attached: pdsretro1.jpg (3382x2118, 582K)

Even though I already played the original I'm somewhat glad people can at least play 1 (I know that 1's been ported a few times before) and 2 for the first time. I'll probably try it myself even.