Pick one

Pick one

Attached: 856446584566354.png (1600x1400, 2.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rEMwcZKuRUs?t=40
youtube.com/watch?v=qWVLkMQnWL0
nintendoeverything.com/pete-hines-on-bethesdas-relationship-with-nintendo-exclusives-and-smash-bros/
kotaku.com/phil-spencer-on-xbox-s-unusual-strategy-working-with-s-1835652509
youtube.com/watch?v=_oVwrpfo_QA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZtgzKBrU1GY
youtube.com/watch?v=2HOClc6Svg4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Quite literally incel (Master Chief) vs chad

neither

Attached: The_Heavy.png (1992x3303, 3.28M)

>Thinking there is actual chads on this site
>Use the term incels

Go back to r*ddit faggoto

Attached: 1561460588883.jpg (800x600, 36K)

Can you even read? I didn't say there were any chads on 4channel
I said master chief vs doom slayer is an incel vs chad comparisson

I love both of em but I'm a Halofag so I gotta go with Chief

>Immediately replying

Dumb r*dditor

Microsoft would spend the most money to put Chief in

>Implying valve would get off their asses to allow it to happen
I wouldn't say no to heavy though if they go with any valve character it'd proberbly be gordon with alt skins of barney or the two chicks from decay.

chell would be more suited for an assist trophy that uses portals to fuck with your opponent.

Attached: sad scouts.jpg (500x320, 29K)

seething brainlet

Attached: chadzam.jpg (947x647, 65K)

We all know this is happening.

Attached: file.png (1024x576, 748K)

Both are western game characters with no ties to japan or Nintendo.
No one of them is getting in.

Halo isn't on swich
Doom is

A Spartan got into a Japanese fighting game. The same can't be said for a Doom Marine.
youtu.be/rEMwcZKuRUs?t=40

I would have no issue with chief but doomguy does have history on Nintendo, even if it's very minimum (not to throw shade at doom 64)

Attached: 1487807538590.png (547x1146, 258K)

easily doomguy, sorry chief
that would be fucking kino
>still implies the imaginary NO WESTERN rule
go back

Attached: 1558574444236.jpg (225x225, 11K)

Fuck that western trash.

so long as coco is an alt I'd be fine with it.

There’s Chads but they only lurk when they’re bored

NEITHER

Gotta be Chief because I actually want Doomguy instead of the Halo version of him.

I like Doom more than Halo, but Master Chief has better move potential.

Chief looks cooler so chief.

Chief unless they gave Doomguy voice lines for his taunts
>RIP AND TEAR
>DANCE BONEDADDY

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: Kamikaze_3.png (630x659, 172K)

posting an actual game with history

Attached: Contra_FC_6cb04a2c-5cd8-4426-85fd-dabef6288579_1024x1024.jpg (1000x991, 130K)

When has Master Chief ever been on a Nintendo console?

Soon.

It's time.

Attached: Joanna_dark_N64_render.png (200x434, 341K)

>The progenitor of FPS, to the point where for a long time, FPS were just called "Doom Clones", and one of THE most iconic games of all time, right up there with Mario and Pokemon for normie recognition
>A 6th gen FPS that ruined the genre for the following decade, and only now are we starting to break away from the damage it's done to the genre

Man I dunno, this is such a hard call.

Ironic since nu-Doom takes inspiration from Halo.

Did you conveniently forget Banjo-Kazooie was announced
>He has 2 games with Nintendo!
So does Doomguy

In what way? Green power armor? Doom16 shares basically zero gameplay traits with Halo I can think of. No regenerating health, no weapon limits, no vehicles. The only remote similarity is that Doom16 has a slower movement speed than the classics.

Either or honestly

Microsoft already has a character in the DLC so there's no point even discussing Chief

Doomguy has an exclusive n64 game and i think every game except 3 is on a nintendo console
he's probably the only third party left with massive nintendo history, aside from maybe ninja gaiden's ryu

Attached: 412897610.png (196x197, 34K)

>implying MC doesn't use Yea Forums

Attached: 1553558643844.png (691x485, 925K)

>unique port of doom on snes
>only console port of doom 2 before 3:bfg
>exclusive doom 64

DoomSlayer/DoomGuy, Chief is great in his ways but DoomGuy has way more chance to get in. Also Heavy, even if impossible, would hype as fuck.

Chad checking in. I only post in /vr/ and jrpg threads. Ask me how many pussies I've reamed and creamed.

Those games were called Doom clones because they took inspiration from Doom. Halo was one of the few FPSs at the time that were completely different.

With the moveset that Bill rizer would have, theyd probably go with marco Rossi instead.

Master chief is definitely more of a reddit kind of guy.

??? They made Rockman fine, they can do Bill and Lance fine

H-how many?

None.

Chief because it would break the internet and be a great way to end DLC.

Attached: jump-force-master-chief-mod.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 124K)

I'm not saying they couldn't, I just think marco rossi is similar enough in playstyle to the contraboys while fitting in to the overall smash style better. There's still no snk rep,while Konami has a couple. I love contra but metal slug just seems like it would fit in better.

>break the internet

Attached: shoo, faggot.gif (480x360, 697K)

>After Halo came out every game tried to be a Halo killer
>Master Chief was listed as the third most iconic video game character
>Halo is still one of the most popular shooters around.

>Doom Slayer
I'd rather a Doom Guy

Now that Banjo is in, I can definitively say that Doomguy has a major edge over Chief. Chief would mostly be great just for the wow factor, but now we already have a Microsoft character. Doomguy has more historical significance and more Nintendo history.

chief mostly because halo music is godly

>Now that Banjo is in, I can definitively say that Doomguy has a major edge over Chief
This is wrong though.

nudoomguy's never getting in you fucking zoomers

If they put doomguy in it would be great, but i also REALLY don't want him to be named the doom slayer. If they literally called him doom guy i would jizz everywhere

Marathon

Doom Guy unironically has a better chance to get in now then Master Chef ever has, all because of Banjo.
Neither are getting in ever though.

>Joker gets an alt
>Hero gets three alts
>Banjo & Kazooie may or may not have an alt
I'd say it'd be a good bet

>There is already a Microsoft rep in the game
Is there even a choice but to rip and tear at this point?

Chief shitposts on /k/ and /g/.

This.
Rare case of Gregorian chants done right in vidya.

L O L

In terms of what I want to see personally, user.

>the joke
>your head

Wouldn't be surprised if he also browsed Yea Forums and /m/

Neither. This stupid shit is on some stupid ass "PLS ADD A CALL OF DUTY SOLDIER TO SMASH" MiiVerse tier bullshit

this

What's the difference?

Anime does not exist in Halo though.

L O L

>implying they didnt make anime based on MC's life.
Master Chief is an icon to everyone on earth, there are even have action figures of him. I wouldn't be surprised of the UNSC licensed him for anime.

Attached: MV5BNGE1MDMyOGMtOGZkYi00ZGU4LTlkYzQtZjZkNDQ1Yzc3NTE0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzYzMTAxOTc@._V1_.jpg (728x409, 212K)

Sorry retards but Banjo and Kazooie being in the game does not "open the doors" to your trash non-Nintendo picks. Banjo and Kazooie are in because they are Nintendo characters in every sense but the legal (which is the least important) one. They were born on Nintendo, their spiritual home is Nintendo, even nearly two decades after being bought by Microsoft people still associate Banjo-Kazooie more with Nintendo than Microsoft.

Just having some games on Nintendo consoles isn't enough. That doesn't make you an honorary Nintendo character like Banjo and Kazooie are. You need to *belong* on Nintendo, not just be there.

Haha wouldn't it be so funny for Chief to have a fan girl club

Cloud has nothing to do with Nintendo and FF7 finally got on a Nintendo console last year.
Fuck off.

Halo was almost ported to the DS

Joker and Cloud. But those don't count, right? Sakurai's said that Smash has moved beyond "Nintendo all-stars". But that doesn't count, right?

Attached: diagnosis.jpg (800x554, 44K)

Master Chief, easily. Halo’s more cartoony aesthetic (at least compared with Doom) easily (aside from the flood) make it a safer pick for Nintendo. The series is much more popular today than Doom is, despite Doom’s past dominance. Mater Chief is just a way more iconic character than Doom Guy. He’s everything the Doom Guy is, but better, and enhanced with more futuristic scientific augmentations, not magic. Their accomplishments in their series are relatively similar, but Chief’s just seem all the more grand.
I like both franchises, but I think Master Chief would be the clear pick for anyone who wasn’t an angry boomer who hates modern gaming. (The good parts, not “modern” shit like fortnite.) However, I will agree it’s more likely that Doom Guy will get into Smash because of Halo’s lack of history with Nintendo and the fact we just got a Microsoft rep. Either way both space marines aren’t getting in anyways.

>Wanting Doomguy without gore
No thanks

Attached: 8auuehkw9foz.png (640x480, 344K)

Of course not. It'd be stupid to think that having a select few exceptions voids the Nintendo all-stars status.

He has a fully naked waifu who is based on his mommy so no

Attached: 96f.jpg (700x394, 175K)

>Master Chief
Way more iconic than Doomguy (it's true, don't deny it). Would be a bigger deal than Doomguy.
>Doomguy
Has a strong enough Nintendo connection if you're into that sort of thing. Has more character than Chief.

Crash Bandicoot

>doesn't count
Yeah, there it is.

>written 2009

I'm glad you understand this. You might just be a cut above the rest of these neanderthals.

Based and pfhorpilled

Attached: afiuyafg.png (2518x1024, 297K)

>Fangirls send Chief AI of themselves
>when chief isnt on missions, hes reading fan mail.
>Chief do meet and greet
Now I wish we got a Halo slice of life anime

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

>Has more character than Chief.
This is wrong though.

I seen few Doomguy x cortana.

his holy dick reverse corrupted

>You will never have a giant spartan GF with long flowing hair that still fits into a helmet for some reason.

Attached: male_reader__x_cal_141__fem__noble_6_part_1__by_chozo277-dc8hzl4.png (922x560, 480K)

Based

Attached: Marathon.jpg (903x440, 180K)

I like that one mod with 'every FPS protag'

Happy they added marathon man. I wish they adde JC denton

>Fights aliens, aka something that exists
[citation needed]

Attached: 1435545911716.jpg (216x220, 20K)

>ywn tag team a fem spartan with your elite bro

Attached: hqdefault-3.jpg (480x360, 34K)

>Marathon Man
His name is security officer you nigger

Attached: Security Officer.jpg (800x600, 53K)

>lead character whose games went to shit when another company took the reins

vs

>lead character whose games went to shit when another company took the reins

Tough choice. I'm going to have to go with
Lead character whose games went to shit when another company took the reins.

Thats double nigger to you faggot.

They literally found life on another planet recently dumbo

YOURE ALL FUCKING RETARDED. Doom guy wont get in because hes literally associated witg satanic imagery
>but bayo
Thats jap web shit. Doom faggot is literally too edgy dor smash. Any fucking idiot that thinks hes getting in probably thinks Anri Okita is the fucking last unannounced character

Oh, good, I was worried that Security Officer's fight against microscopic algae was based on fantasy

Well that's is title actually. His real name is probably something like Tom, Brett or maybe Michael.... John?

I wonder whats the 'nintendo fans' news we gonna get in quakecon.

TIM AND PETE YOU BETTER NOT BE LYING LIKE TODD

It is physically impossible for life not exist on other planets though given how expansive the Universe is and how human beings exist.

Give me a solid reason the last 2 DLC characters being Travis and Crash isn't the best choice.
>Crash is the last mascot of the console wars era that we don't have in the game yet
>Travis was big enough to have a spot on the stage at the Switch announcement for a spin-off game, has a new title coming out and represents the bizarre unique style that is often only found on Nintendo consoles

Attached: file.png (967x1252, 704K)

This. The backlash would be inssne if they included someone so closely tied to actual religious mythology. Doom fags are retarded. They did forget Nintendo litetally deleted posts on miiverse mentioning sny religious deities and so forth?

And there's GOTTA be life after death too, amirite guys? It's IMPOSSIBLE for there not to be.

Attached: 1374290475228.gif (133x121, 112K)

that makes sense.
wait a minute, if it such a big deal why is doom on the switch in the first place

>Travis
Ugly irrelevant faggot from shitty series that only gets dick sucked because mc is an edgy anime looking otaku fuck.

Not relevant
Literally who
Ugly as fuck
Le anime swordsman
And finally - from a really shitty series

Crash is cool though. Fuck off Travis niggers. New steve cucks

Theres a difference between the game being on the console and advertising it in a kids game

>Moderating your forum is the same as moderating your platform that brings in revenue
Because it isn't 1985 anymore
>Doom 1 was unchanged on SNES
>Muh religious imagery

t.never played the games or even seen more than 2 seconds of them

Oh boy a projectile focused character
You faggots are the worst

Don't feed this bait. I know you guys will, but really try your hardest not to.

It literally is impossible since your dead cells feed other living things and your life energy feeds into theirs, energy does not just disappear. Checkmate nihilists.

Here's your fighter pass brochacha

Attached: fighter pass.png (1959x1104, 2.62M)

>007
lmao no

Attached: 1555864730924.png (576x408, 343K)

He's objectively the last piece of the puzzle

Attached: console top 10 breakdown.png (3752x2224, 580K)

neither

Attached: 548548728547.png (1280x720, 809K)

Glad I'll never be this retarded.

Master Chief would be the better pick. More interesting moveset potential in my opinion

Attached: 91yiltwe11x11.jpg (1200x1028, 161K)

>boring jap bugman mary sue
No

explain how Halo did "damage" to the fps genre.
Every game trying and failing to copy it isn't Halo's problem.

Shantae.

Attached: time to dilate.png (1564x1391, 576K)

fucking hell they made Master Chief an anime?

Halo Legends. Have a DBZ fightscene, but Halo
youtube.com/watch?v=qWVLkMQnWL0

Im a chad chad and i played vidya all my life nigger

Based ESL poster

>sny religious deities and so forth
What about bayonetta?
Isnt that literally more religious than doom?

Doomguy
>progenitor of the FPS genre
>interesting variety of weaponry that doesn't have to be restricted to basic shit, as well as fun melee stuff like his classic chainsaw and knuckleduster, or that new knife arm blade and Scorpion-esque hookrope thing
>lots of potential for different skins, whether going with alternate designs like Cloud(classic vs Doomslayer) or going full DQ Hero(skins of other id FPS heroes like BJ, Ranger, Crash maybe)
>actual meaningful history on Nintendo platforms

I'm just messing around bro, I had a 360 when Halo Waypoint was a thing.

Chief.

DoomGuy can't work in Smash because he wouldn't be able to

>kill
>shoot shotgun
>shoot BFG
>tear through characters with the chainsaw

I don't want a PG-13 DoomGuy, so I'd much rather Chief. Plus, we'd see a rebirth of Red vs Blue:Smash Edition + Arby and the Cheif memes.

speaking of which
>Halo Waypoint began in 2009
10 fucking years ago, FUCK

Attached: 1525559684664.png (112x111, 10K)

Screencapped for winter Nintendo Direct.

Its made up anime shit using the same concepts but DOOM uses actual satanic imagery

Literally my most wanted character. Shame he'll never ever ever be in.

Not this fucking argument again.

>no ties
>has exclusive on 64
>muh western characters
>what is banjo
>what is diddy
>what is krool
taking the bait

Attached: 5A666F55-8276-4A04-94C1-D5D4064B4FD5.gif (480x270, 512K)

Oh look, it's around the same time Shantai 5 releases

Attached: 1561599785925.png (623x900, 306K)

>Arbiter alt skin for the Chief
>With covenant variants of each weapon (eg Carbine instead of Battle Rifle)

Attached: 2359708-arbiter.jpg (584x960, 55K)

>Doom Clones
>when Doom was just a clone of Wolfenstein 3D
lol

Smash is gay

>there will never be an Arbiter game made by Platinum
fuck my life he was perfect for a Halo spin off and MS had a fucking contract with Platinum. Huge missed opportunity if you ask me.

>Both are western game characters with no ties to japan or Nintendo.

Only one ain't getting in is Chief. Also are your parents related?

Attached: doomvshalo.png (1676x2074, 3.23M)

You don't NEED gore to reproduce the catharis of hitting something really hard, you just need strong sound design and impact to the attacks.

Oh yeah? Post his moveset.

Depends on who you smash

>rulefags STILL think their fanmade rules matter
lol

Who was the first DLC character again, you fucking retarded brainlet fuck?

Were the SNES or GBA ports any good?

>doom snes
>doom 64
>2 doom's on switch

>not on nintendo

So far every DLC pick was a non Nintendo character. You are the retard here, retard-

>DoomGuy
>Doesn't kill
>Doesn't tear
>Doesn't shoot people's heads off

It still applies. Everyone on the roster is from a series that has history with Nintendo of any kind. You can't dispute this.

Haven't played Halo in years, but is Cortana really dead? Why would they kill off a beloved character?

>Banjo is a Nintendo character because of my feefees

Attached: 1527430856181.jpg (746x500, 62K)

Name 1(One) character in Smash Bros with no games of its series on a Nintendo Console
And no, Joker does not count considering SMT ties and #FE existing

And Persona Q.

Doomguy. Call him Doom Marine to appease everyone and have both his classic and new look.

Also make sure his profile icon moves while in-game

ROB

Put Halo CE remastered on switch for the excuse to get him on there

U mad?

>Halo on the Switch
RIP joycons.

doomguy

ROB should have been Virtual Boy

In his excuse, he's still a Nintendo creation.

Travis is probably more likely than you think.

Idk what’s going on in current RvB but people being trapped in Caboose’s head trying to escape with the help of Smash characters could be good

Game and Watch, and don't try to call their nintendo tiger handhelds a console.

you stupid faggot

Attached: cover_medium.jpg (575x510, 39K)

But ROB actually has games. Just because he was a tie-in toy to obscure the NES/Famicom as a toy rather than a game console doesn't mean he didn't have games, not to mention appearances in other titles as nostalgic bric-a-brac.

Ah yes, the wonderful history of Persona games on Nintendo consoles

What are his odds?

Attached: 3max.jpg (472x590, 25K)

I love doom and I don't really care. Having him curbstomp someone in a downthrow only for them to rebound against the ground and fly into the air sounds plenty satisfying to me as long as there was a meaty enough sound effect.

For me, It's the chief. The perfect smash bros character.

>No halo in a Nintendo system

Excuse me

Attached: 06434D35-FBDB-43BC-ADEF-EC0B2FBD1AB9.jpg (490x369, 46K)

>tfw wasted all my points on stupid shit before this was announced

he's not vidya

The game that canonically precedes the first Persona game is on the SNES, not to mention PQ1 and 2, the latter of which features Joker.

>What about consoles!!
ANY. KIND. OF. HISTORY. COUNTS.

It doesn't matter if it's mainline or a spinoff, if it has the name "Persona" it's a fucking Persona game on a Nintendo platform.

>and one of THE most iconic games of all time
jesus, real boomer hours up in here.

based I remember going through my R4 and finding the file for this game and wow did it blew me away

I'd like to see him in purely for the joke that he got into Smash before he got into PASBR. But I don't think he'll be in, I think Sony will try to stop it from happening. But who knows, I may be wrong.

I'm sad he'll never be in

Attached: 1559945667669.png (540x421, 210K)

>halo 2 SMG and no health, only shield
>silent cartographer

even when that was new it was so stupidly fake

>"It needs to have a game on Nintendo to be in" rule
Based, ok, he's in.

also
>Cloud
>Joker
>Street Fighter V Ryu/Ken

Attached: 1561144455095.png (772x579, 372K)

Hooray for Western representation!

Attached: 1561038282629.png (1174x944, 844K)

the dude loved King K.Rool but hated Banjo's redesign.

All are from a series that has past history with Nintendo.

Pretty sure that’s Zanzibar

Jab : Classic punchs
Dash Attack : First Punch hitstun, Second is powefull punch, kinda like Bowser jab but moving.
U-Tilt : Powerfull Uppercut
F-Tilt : Knee Kick
D-Tilt : Kick
Il insert some mechanics : Ammo
At the hud, you could see his ammo for each weapons (Shells, Rifle Rounds, Plasma and Rockets)
N-Special : Minigun, like bayonetta but can move slowly and deals more damage. Use Rifle.
Side-Special : Grenade, explodes immediatly if it touch a fighter.
Up-Special : Rocket Laucher, can be aimed, can spike, powerfull but as little ammo.
Down-Special : Gauss-Canon/Railgun, can be charged. Use plasma
Back and Front Air : Super Shotgun. Use Shells, very powerfull at close range
Up and Down Air : Rifle. Use rifle rounds
Neutral Air : Kick-Punch.
U/D/F Smash : Chainsaw, gives ammos, much or less depending if you charged or not you smashes.
Grab can be like glory kills animations without gore and stuffs
Final Smash : BFG-9000, Slow Huge green projectiles, deals damages around, if someone touch it can kills at 30%

That looks more like Outskirts, the latter half just before you enter the tunnels.

Final Fantasy had 1-6 on Nintendo
Nobody can let go of Joker, jesus the autism of Stevefags
Street Fighter was on SNES and 3DS
How the hell is Steveposting still a thing

>has way more chance to get in
>character known for being incredibly gory has a chance of getting in to a kid friendly game

Bayonetta tortures angels in very brutal fashions and Snake is from a series that is just as dark.

Honestly I feel like his neutral normal attacks should just lead into a rapidfire chainsaw attack, and his forward Smash could just be a really hard punch.

Plus if Hero can have a spell menu, I don't see why Doomguy couldn't have a radial weapon menu like Shulk.

>Violence and gore argument
You didn't even try.

Attached: wait what eare you doing.jpg (1125x612, 94K)

That could work too.

Steve is getting in
Deal with it banjokes doomfags chiefags and others
Steve is destined to be in the pass

Attached: BEE31AD4-B30B-43B7-8D5A-6EF14577359C.png (596x665, 516K)

Doomguy.
>Had an exclusive N64 game
>So prominent that he's been ported to every device
>The godfather of FPS

>being proud of shill picks
the state of you smash cucks

Attached: 1561579681479.jpg (399x351, 67K)

maybe I need to replay bayonetta
but I just dont remember the violence being violent as Doom or MK which are seen as very violent games
the violence seemed more cartoony and ridiculous iirc

>wonder what green day video this is from
>it's some other faggot called julian casablancas
I really don't know anything anymore

Honestly I think he has the biggest chance. No joke everyone else is off the list and he has the biggest chance of being represented next according to polls. There's pretty much no one else left at this point.

Attached: 1561416683513222.png (1920x2700, 2.48M)

Master Chief because I don't want Doomguy anywhere near the toddler party game.

Doomguy easily
>longer and more significant legacy (not saying Halo is insignificant)
>introduces a new company, so we might get shit like a Vault Boy Mii outfit alongside him
>cooler arsenal and potential moveset
>actual Nintendo history

i pick halo, hes a pretty cool guy and doesnt afraid of anything.

it's funny but I'm doing this exact same pose posting on Yea Forums. There's literally no other comfortable position when I post from my bed

I'm so fucking tired of those shitty thread.
Go to /vg/

neither, I'd unironically rather Steve or Sans. Smash seems to pick from garbage ips which is why 95% of the roaster is Nintendo properties. I'd hate to mess up that consistency.

Attached: Stevefag.png (640x480, 197K)

Zoom zoom zoom

I pick you Smashfags being euthanized instead.

If you want master chief you're a bitch

Bayonetta seems cartoony but its not, its really violent. There is a bit of gore (not as much as Doom 2016 but still) some attacks are really violent like torture, plus, games tend to rate on sex theme than violent theme, Doom 2016 doesn't have any sex theme.

Attached: 01.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

K Rool got some needed upgrades. The crown better suits his head rather than the oversized one. That and tattered capes are cool.

Banjo for the most part is fine, but his autism hair doesn't look too great. They should've done like fanartists do with the mini pompadour/quaff Banjo got from Nuts and Botls. Notthing else from Nuts and Bolts since that design is trash. But yeah Banjo and Kazooie's heads look pretty damn silly.

Doomguy, of course.

Attached: Doom.jpg (3848x1659, 1.18M)

Ok that made me laugh, thanks user.

Attached: RISITAS BONGO BONGO AYYYYYAAAAAA.png (600x450, 203K)

Halo man

GBA Doom is actually pretty good. Duke Nukem Advance is also good, arguably the best GBA FPS, and it's a brand new game and not a port.

Journey,Strange Journey

Attached: Demonica.jpg (340x500, 55K)

that's not a fair comparison, Doomguy actually has a Nintendo exclusive

Never happening but I'd make me more hype than anything.

Attached: 300px-Misha_and_Mother.png (300x229, 87K)

There's an interview where he says he likes Banjo's Smash design. Quit lying.

he has 6.

he fucking said the head was too small.

He said that it was only bigger in the BK games because of the perspective. In Smash it's fine the way it is.

Personally I think shit like this isn't that much worse than the over-the-top brutality of doom

Attached: joytorture.jpg (800x450, 72K)

Are these two different characters?

Doomguy is a smart choice, not stupid shit like Banjo or Geno, but...Masterchief being the mascot of xbox, his inclusion would take this shit to another whole level. Imagine if they included Crash. You can't go better than that. I voted for K Rool and Simon, but MC and Crash being IN would make Ultimate bigger than Brawl.

based

The interviewer asked him what he didn't like on the Banjo redesign and he replied "you're putting my head on the line here" clearly demonstrating that there's more than just the size of the head he didn't like.

He's also still mad that people hated the Nuts and Bolts redesign.

Why are people expecting multiple western characters for the DLC pack?
And no, you wanting them isn’t a reason to expect them.

To be fair there aren't exactly many good Japanese picks left.

So what, you should only expect things you don't want? That way you always expect things you don't expect.

What do you expect?

Grunty's Revenge and Banjo Pilot were never ported to anything else, so they're still exclusive

We still have to suffer through the fucking Tales of shill pick unfortunately.

It's really fucked up that Doomguy probably has nearly no chances to get in because of the weaboo shill picks that are still left.

I don't know anyone who wants him to be honest.

>Zoomer Chief

I thought they both got mobile ports but it turns out only Grunty's Revenge did. I stand corrected.

>The Hero parallels the Spirits reveal trailer
>Banjo&Kazooie parallels the K.Rool reveal trailer
What reveal trailer did Joker parallel?
I think the next DLC will be a Resident Evil character and a Metroid character

I do and a lot of people does.

Doomslayer is more like pokes and cries. What a fucking wuss from the shitty NuDoom game.
ORIGINAL DOOM'S DOOMGUY IS THE FUCKING ONE THAT RIPS AND MOTHERFUCKING TEARS AND DON'T YOU FUCKING FORGET IT.

I bet you like Brutal Doom, faggot

If Chiefs an incel I'm willing to bet it's because he doesn't have working junk and not that he isn't man enough to charm a woman.

Wait a minute I just realized something. Nintendo seems to be picking characters to represent different genres. Persona 5 and Tales of Vesperia are part of the same genre.

Something tells me he's out. Nintendo and Sakurai are pretty much trying to bring in new players who play different kind of games and want to do one genre at a time.

haloman was deconfirmed when banjo was announced

Died in 4, got revived in 5 but driven insane with the process, and now wants to create a galactic AI dictatorship and get into Master Chief's pants.

>We still have to suffer through the fucking Tales of shill pick unfortunately.
Says who?
People have been continuously expecting Bandai Namco characters since Ryu got in and opened the door to multiple reps per company, but so far nothing has happened in that direction. One of their most prominent characters right now is a fucking sprite in a taunt. Remember Nintendo is the one sending out invitations, they have to actually be interested in getting one of them in instead of branching out to different companies, not necessarily western ones.

Fuck no, why would I like that bullshit? I use Chocolate-Doom so I can't even fucking use it.

Doom Slayer
b&r

Not that guy, and I want Doomguy and think he's possible, but Burger King bear was published by Nintendo.

Master Chief

knew reddit was pushing the Doom Slayer meme, go back.

I don't know why people hated that, I thought it was the only part of 5s story that wasn't boring.

Based and redpilled

Chief is one of the few with a working junk, the whole sex drive thing is a meme that lorefags created because they couldn't even comprehend their own books, most Spartans had a reduced sex drive not all and Chief is one of the Spartans that came out unscathed, he even has a big dick. Chief also canonically has a harem.

Microsoft recently talked about bringing Halo to Switch, now what?

Microsoft's in talks of putting one on the Switch.

>come November
>Shantai 5 releases
>Nintendo reveals the female token character for the DLC
>It's not Reimu
How mad would you weaboos be?

Attached: never ever.png (2554x2717, 872K)

This, what's even funnier is that Doom needs both Metroid and Halo to survive.

Dude, we already have the Microsoft rep with Banjo.

>has the body of a god
>handsome as fuck
>a genius
>has a harem
>has a big dick
>over 7 feet tall
>near genetic perfection
Nah, he's 100% chad.

FUCK YOU
STEVE IS FUCKING IN
JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE BANJOKE
KILL YOURSELF

Attached: 55D162AA-3373-4496-8339-EB20F4E2A563.png (435x637, 370K)

You mean the other way around since Banjo is Microsoft character.

also his luck skill is pretty high.

I'm playing through the Shantae games for the first time. It's pretty fun. I'm surprised it doesn't have a much bigger following with countless sequels and appearances.

>Has more character than Chief
Nice joke, he has less character than even Samus.

>why yes 2016 was my first doom game
lol

Based

This, Master Chief it is.

I rather Platinum work on a Halo game with Chief since he is a superhuman and I would love to see more of his capabilities in the games.

These are too edgy for smash bros

Chief is boring. I want to see more aliens doing alien stuff than just being fodder.

Died in 4, came back to life in 5 but with a corrupted personality, now in Infinite Chief must fix her.

even if the universe were infinite that would just make it improbable not impossible

That too, that shit is universal.

Slayer is edgy and barbaric. Classic Doomguy is vibrantly colored and has a sharp top-heavy silhouette with a disarming helmet.

Attached: Doomguy.png (592x795, 312K)

Chief is awesome, kills aliens and do all that crazy shit, the aliens are boring as hell, they're only good for being evil and killing.

Attached: YESSS.png (1200x453, 146K)

The word "Hell" is literally in Smash. Slayer is simple child's play.

Where in any piece of Halo media does it say the chief wants to fuck people and has a big dick?

t. never actually really played Halo 2

Which confirms he's not in. He'd be under an NDA otherwise.

does he really have a big dick tho

Is it bad that when I first saw this pic I thought it was Thanos?

okay

Attached: w5wygocmglowjp8viwho.jpg (400x519, 51K)

Didn't Phil Spencer go on the record saying he'd be cool with letting Banjo in Smash?
Any Valve character still has a snowball's chance in hell regardless.

A true chad remains faithful to his spouse and never dwell on trivial matters. A true chad doesn't isolate those different than him and is welcoming with open arms. A true chad isn't a perfectionist

no transvestites allowed

There are no media that says his sex drive was neutered you dumbfucks saw that it was a potential side effect and went with it. On the big dick issue look at the image on the left.

Yes

That was he worst part of Halo 2.

Attached: wp2097870.jpg (1080x1920, 256K)

Can't see the difference.

i know that means hes not in now but that means he could be in future installments

PIRANA PLAAAAAANTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

Attached: Dragon-Ball-Super-Broly-trailer-1.jpg (696x388, 50K)

Does anyone know how the Smash roster works?
Is it Nintendo making the first step and contacting companies? Do they first come up with characters they like and only then contact the companies? Do they contact the companies first and only then decide if they want them? Is it the companies preventative saying "If you want our IP, we're open to negotiate"
And TF2 would make more sense. Gordon is obviously an icon and the gravity gun does separate him but TF2 would still fit better.
Spencer said he'd like to see Banjo in Smash way before he was announced.

>Shantae

Attached: john-cringe.png (400x400, 4K)

Best choice.
Shame it's a never ever.

Attached: TF2 for Smash Heavy render.jpg (1764x2048, 290K)

Mister Chef still uses Myspace.
If Doom Slayer is actually the OG Doom Guy them he shitposts in comments on Newgrounds.

Attached: 400.jpg (315x400, 95K)

>Is it the companies anticipating saying "If you want our IP, we're open to negotiate"
Ups.
I forgot how to spell the word I wanted.

how am i supposed to know? but i do agree that tf2 fits more.

That's Doomguy's ancestor you're talking about.

Let him fantasm. He just won't accept. He's like PorkiesFags.

Attached: heavy is laughing at you, ah ah.jpg (1130x721, 171K)

unless they're going full Rian Johnson on it then Doom Slayer being Doomguy might as well be confirmed

Except Porky is actually based though, and at least Porkychads don't turn on Reimuchads

NONE OF YOU ARE GETTING IN
ITS GONNA BE STEVE AND YOU ARE GONNA LIKE IT
KILL YOURSELVES

Attached: 9D7BDD71-5D8B-4A98-8255-2681BF26E876.jpg (680x680, 29K)

keep seething

I meant just more design. Full bright green colors work better than the muted feel of the modern Doomguy look. The mesh of sci-fi aesthetics like the helmet, the blocky barrel chested design of the armor in its 2D sprite and as an turn-of-the-century 3D model in Quake, with more grounded stuff like his pants which look like a contemporary soldier's uniform trousers, I think would sit really well standing next to stuff like Mario and Samus.

It worked in Tony Hawk. It will work in Smash.

I don't usually follow Smash threads. Don't know if it was common knowledge on this process. I'd imagine just about any company would say yes to having their IP in Smash.

Attached: 5ba.jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

STEVE IS IN
FUCK SHANTAEFAGS
FUCK DOOMFAGS
FUCK CHIEFFAGS
FUCK BANJOFAGS
FUCK REIMUFAGS
FUCK ALL OF YOU
KILL YOURSELVES

Attached: F30C28AF-9BD9-41E8-9C9D-1A27F36099AF.gif (680x383, 3.67M)

>weaboos
>not incels

Bruh look at Snake and tell me about sci-fi aesthetics. Sakurai does not care.

*ahem*
Fuck zoomers.

Attached: 1561637909478.jpg (1024x576, 112K)

Based as hell

KILL YOURSELF BANJOKE
STEVES FUCKING IN

Attached: C0B2E922-FCD0-4ADA-AC29-27A942F79927.png (513x515, 179K)

>travis
literal who?

stay mad

Neither is Banjo Kazooie, or Persona 5
Also
>muh made up rules

But Banjo is already in and Steve isnt?

>"weaboo"

Attached: Reddit.png (720x720, 49K)

>break the internet
Want to know how do I know you are a redditor?

>bayonetta
no

cheap imitation versus original

DIE BANJOKE
YOUR BEAR WILL NOT MAKE SMASH 6 AS THE MICROSOFT REP

Attached: 5C836427-EBF4-43E0-AD2A-3898C5096C15.gif (601x338, 1.71M)

master chief can be doomguys echo skin

still mad?
i wanted steve in smash but its time to stop seething and cope

Would shit my pants.

Attached: 1505700165394.jpg (890x960, 37K)

Doomguy ripping Mario to shreds with blood and gore would never be allowed in a Nintendo game.
You do realize that.... right?

That’s not how it works senpai. Besides, it was in march.

Bro, Bayonetta has both gore and sex and she's in.

If anything it would be cool to see fanart with both Bayo and Doomguy together.

This argument has already been debunked because of Bayonetta, Joker, and Snake. He can still be violent as long as there's no blood.

Wow it's almost as if they can make reasonable concessions to preserve the qualities of a character while also maintaining Smash's age rating.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 194K)

What if they made a new suit for Doomguy for Smash?
>helmet is from Quake 3
>chestplate has the red dot from modern Doomguy
>bare arms without gloves, throwback to Doom 64 and Doom 3
>torso armor is damaged near the stomach area, exposing his abs like Classic Doomguy

Imagine the fucking internet explosion if he is the final dlc and it reads "finish the fight"

Also all of that amazing music that can be added

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING user CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF BASED RIDLEY

Attached: 432.png (1334x750, 713K)

yeah so, anybody who thinks doomguy must gore his enemies to be represented is a retard

Doom Slayer

Yes, and all the swords and guns in Smash don't actually cause any blood. Richter's chain doesn't make Mario explode in a shower of blood. How is this difficult to understand?

>banjoke
>doesn't know i wanted steve
just cope and have sex

*ahem*
You're all forgetting someone important.

Attached: lautrec-knight-dark-souls-t-pose-3d-model-obj-mtl.jpg (858x1029, 52K)

Normie recognition? Do you even go outside dude? No one who is a normal person knows what the doom guy even looks like. People rarely even talk about doom anymore.

I literally saw a master chief life size statue in a Dave n busters in Hollywood like a month ago. You dont know shit dude. Stop pretending like you go outside

MY ANGER WILL NEVER DIE
STEVE WILL BE IN SMASH 6 BANJOKE
YOUR RETARDED BEAR AND BIRD DUO WILL BE FORGOTTEN
STEVEFORSMASH HES IN HES IN HES IN HES IN HES IN HES IN HES IN

Attached: B5C65989-011B-4781-A355-FF95FBE0634C.png (588x534, 280K)

Guess I'm a Chad B)

Attached: Gx0jHfn.png (740x509, 114K)

If anything this boosts the chances of an actual chainsaw being a weapon in a smash game.

DILATE TRANNY
STEVE IS FUCKING IN BANJOKE
KILL YOURSELF

Attached: D909D998-1A7F-4802-8F33-710586324EC3.png (530x532, 257K)

I could see him blowing Ganondorf to bits with a BFG

kek

Scout or Soldier would be better gameplay wise but they're not as iconic.

>O’Brian got to be bridal carried by her
>and he didn’t even realize it until just before she died
IT HURTS

Reimuterus are really getting desperate.

No you're not taking the spot in the DLC.

Attached: 1561521223938.png (1366x768, 1.03M)

still mad and still cant cope,i would like him in but being a fag wont get him in

That’s what you said about Banjo

here take it and fuck off

Attached: you.png (281x206, 105K)

Exactly. Doomguy's chanisaw would just cause some hit effect and the character goes flying off, like every single other attack in the game.

>an actual chainsaw

Well, Mega Man has his metal blade, and Bowser Jr whips out a grinder for some of his attacks on top of his drill, and those are functionally circular saws.

Attached: Mega_Man_SSB4_%285%29.jpg (688x387, 109K)

smash has been getting more and more overly monetized and i wasn't a huge fan to begin with so I haven't even bought smash ultimate. that said if they announced doomguy, I might have to buy it. which I don't want to do so frankly I hope doomguy never gets in

That's not enough for me. I won't stop until I see Shantae on Smash.

FUCK YOU FAGGOT
STEVE IS THE BEST CHARACTER IN THE PASS
BANJOKES AND OTHERS NEED NOT IMPLY
HAVE SEX
DILATE
COPE AND KILL YOURSELF TRANNY

Attached: 5FFBE089-6F06-4E42-9376-C21C9C55C817.png (680x947, 404K)

I'm fairly sure you'll die before that happens

You can't "ruin" what was already the worst video game genre

BJ Blazkowicz it is then.

I'd say he has a good shot. Nintendo has been promoting Doom TWICE now in their directs and Bethesda is really pushing to promote the game anyway they can.

Attached: 1560986674435.png (1200x550, 748K)

Sony has no power over what Activision does with Crash.

I can see Saber of all people having better chances

How? Gameplay is nothing like it, eternal strays even further

That physically doesn't work on multiple levels

>top would not exist without the bottom, has worse games than the bottom, is a more boring character, has never been on a Nintendo console, Microsoft already has their character in
Hard choice

Attached: 1550529399787.png (371x353, 148K)

Currently, it's my best guess. I just can't wait for his reveal. Nintendo's animations are pretty on point.

so mad you cant imagine another character getting in
keep seething

Been srs, if you srs actually bel1ev Halos Infinits donst has the tightest grapheecs and is b3st bcuz Halo cums l8r ur r srs ach
tually ritardid and thats not evin mai opiniens tahts just a sientifik fax

Attached: Screenshot_20190627-195828.png (1280x720, 618K)

It's just retarded Halo fans that have nothing better to do with their life. Doom is obviously the correct choice.

Damn it lautrec, get back in my alts list

Attached: 9A6BB6F5-C5CA-499F-B25E-32205C181159.jpg (811x1038, 84K)

People who claim Master Chief should get in before Doomguy are the same who claim Frisk should get in before Reimu

Attached: chad-says.png (264x258, 56K)

Why do you even reply to this obvious jokester and ruffian.

i find it funny

Top would not exist for the Security Officer would not exist without Pathway into Darkness, a game that released before Doom. In other words, I'll take top any day since top is the only reason nuDoom exist.

>is a more boring character
They're equally 1 dimensional.

Attached: 1501524912293.jpg (250x247, 7K)

>Doomguy
>One Dimensional

If you've seen how he acts in 2016 Doom and the comic, you could tell he's not just a walking tank. If anything he displays more personality than Samus in her own games.

>Reimufags still at it

Steve is going to get in

Attached: CABA8A36-12E0-4AB8-BE7C-C112FA43D5C7.png (680x383, 166K)

Halo was originally going to be an RTS game you dumb faggot

I'd pick the chief because Halo weapons would make for a cool moveset but also because imagine having Mario, Snake and Chief in the same game

nuDoomfags/Quakefags don't know shit about the series.

Ur mum funny

Attached: image.jpg (223x286, 48K)

>TOUHOU IN MY Yea Forums

Not him but Doomguy is an autistic retard that REEE'd that his stupid bunny got killed and went on an autistic rant, Master Chief and Samus makes Doomguy look like a joke when personality is concerned.

there's an entire mechanic where you use torture on enemies

Master Chief even though I've never played Halo
Fuck nu-doom
nevermind, this

He's one-dimensional. Him being memed to hell and back because of that one panel in the comic doesn't suddenly not make him one-dimensional

>generic western shooter protag with no face holding big guns
Yawn

Every Doom port on a nintendo console is absolutely terrible

>anime swordsman from weaboo series xD

>patternfags

>>The progenitor of FPS, to the point where for a long time, FPS were just called "Doom Clones", and one of THE most iconic games of all time, right up there with Mario and Pokemon for normie recognition
So then it should be Doomguy and not the shitty "Doom Slayer"

The first game had soul.

Doomguy is literally just a walking tank that’s angry all the time, and the most personality he has was when he was a kid in a mobile game, who are only the sane character so that Commander Keen, Wolf, and Doom can be connected.
The only personality Doomguy will have in the future that isn’t related to Commander Keen is Incel Virgin Rage.
Doomguy literally is a Virgin too, stated by his creator, John Romero, and any connects he has with other characters is either wanting to unleash his virginity rage onto them or, again, in a mobile shit game everyone hates and is barely related to Doom.

yes but doomguy/slayer relishes in his anger, MC just talks like a generic space marine from any other game

I'm very surprised you didn't post that retarded "my first FPS" meme, I know zoomers and Anti-Halo fags like posting that meme, its fucking retarded.

Nice projection, dipshit.

nintendoeverything.com/pete-hines-on-bethesdas-relationship-with-nintendo-exclusives-and-smash-bros/
>Finally, the interviewer couldn’t resist asking whether Bethesda has talked to Nintendo about Smash Bros. Hines simply said the following:
>Oh yeah.

Chieffags scared ITT

Attached: malos laugh.png (564x594, 483K)

This

I played the first 2 halo games and have fond memories of both, and I've barely touched the Doom series so my vote goes to the Chief.
That being said I'm not retarded I'm fully aware that the Doom Guy would bring an awesome arsenal and I'm happy to get either of them in

Is that what we're calling it?

Attached: WymVNv0[1].gif (480x360, 2.12M)

Master Chief couldn't even get in Killer Instinct.

If there was another MS rep it would be Conker or Rash

So you never played Halo.

canonically the same person

>If you've seen how he acts in 2016 Doom and the comic
everything wrong with modern doom fans right here

This right here, reddit needs to burn.

I don't care. It's still the shitty nu-doom design and not the original one.

I have but you seem to think you can prove me wrong

Realistically, what are Megaman and Mario's chances against Ridley? Assuming he doesn't pull a sneak attack like he did here.

>Tabbender

>Richter's chain
underage

We got Heavy, Pyro and Spy in that Sonic racing game a while back (not the super recent one but the one before that) as long as Volvo doesnt actually have to do the work they seem happy to let others use their characters

How are Reimufags "chads" they literally accuse everyone who doesn't support Reimu of being shitposters, to them the mere idea of oppoisition against Reimu is not allowed.

>Billy dabbing on Carol
Bases

>Reimu in Smash
But we already have Touhou fighting games.
Also, canonically Reimu is OP as fuck.

There are few characters who I'm more neutral on, just kinda meh

>one panel in the comic

His personality is pretty consistent across all 16 pages. He just goes a little nuts that one time cause of the berserker pack. Once it wears off he's almost as eloquent as his ancestor BJ, and is able to vocalize his concern about long term environmental damage and corporate shortsightedness not leaving a healthy livable environment for future generations. He's got a healthy appreciation for contemporary pop culture and classic poetry, and is able to find emotional fulfillment with his pet rabbit. He's a pretty complete package.

Attached: page15.jpg (800x1265, 351K)

Fuck this Chief v Doomguy aka console warring nonsense, getting either of them would be great.

Attached: 1533905296039.jpg (530x297, 52K)

My made up rules

When has Chief ever gotten into another non halo game? I can only think of his skin in minecraft.

>getting either of them would be great
Correct. Doomguy is still better, though.

I'm gonna need a sauce for that one, boss

>consolewarring
lul it's smash warring if anything. I may be an Xbox fan but I don't want Chief in the game. Period.

Fuck off autist.

This is a solid point but everyone's ignoring it

reddit comic

Seething.

Oh boo fucking hoo. I bet you'd bitch if his classic look was one of the skins.

well not chief but doa4

classic would be a skin obviously

You're on Yea Forums, virtually everyone here is shitposting

Its on the same level as console warring, smash warring works too I guess and its cool if you don't want Chief, but arguing over him getting in over Doomguy and vice versa is just retarded.

does it matter? mario is 1 dimensional as fuck too luigi and wario are both literally better versions of mario

>Stevefag still seething

Attached: 1529699383897.png (413x413, 288K)

If any fps character is getting in Smash it'll be Doomguy. Sakurai has already acknowledged John Carmack as the father of the fps genre (not sure why him specifically when he was just a tech guy, but whatever), so it would make sense that he'd pick a character tied to John Carmack. Case closed.

Attached: 1555388143087.png (560x814, 785K)

he was the most generic action protagonist you can possibly get in that comic. But the only character trait that's ever brought up again outside of that comic is the epic rib and tear panel because his character has absolutely nothing else to work off of.

Reimufags aren't and don't get this.

>a fucking comic from 19-fucking-96 is now suddenly reddit before reddit was even invented

it's a bunch of 12 years old arguing whether led zeppelin or metallica are better

>couldn't even get in Killer Instinct.
You realize he could have if they wanted to right? They just chose to go with Arbiter because he fit in more.

pic related

Attached: Master_chief.png (1468x1817, 322K)

It's pretty hard to tell who's shitposting and who's serious here

Bomberman. But he got fucked over for what I'm guessing due to being a Konami property now.

kotaku.com/phil-spencer-on-xbox-s-unusual-strategy-working-with-s-1835652509
When asked about Halo on the PlayStation and Switch he says.
>Today on the Switch, what we’re able to do is we have Xbox Live on the Switch so we can keep those communities connected. And we have, as you pointed out, a certain number of franchises that have shipped over there. But in the end we think us having a native platform in the home for years is going to be critical for to continue to push our vision of where the gaming platform should be.
Completely ignores the PlayStation so it's possible.

>Sakurai said something that he could literally not argue against
Means literally nothing

I'm okay with either of them, but I'd prefer Master Chief for the music.

Attached: 1459131862083.jpg (359x357, 42K)

Bomberman

Honestly this, more outlandish weapons thanks to all the covenant tech

Unironically would love to see TF2 in smash, they have a lot of personality compared to master snore and doomguy

Doom has been on nes, 64, GBA and GameCube using the GBA adapter.

Based

>Sakurai said something that he could literally not argue against
Not sure what you're trying to say here.

You could've at least said megadeth

>They didn't bother getting the character's voices despite them having a library of callouts ready
That was some weird level of incompetence.

Microsoft just gave Nintendo the rights to Banjo, it's not at all outlandish to imagine they'd want a more profitable rep to get in as well

no the point is the comparison is stupid as fuck and only vaguely related not to mention contemporary fans of either wouldn't waste time on this shit

>Final two characters are Heavy and Reimu
Imagine the shitposts

not sure what you're arguing about but just had to correct you. Doom is nowhere near Mario and Pokemon level. Even after the 2016 "reboot" released to critical acclaim, many of my normie friends had no goddamn idea what Doom was much less who doomguy is. Meanwhile my fucking grandma knows who mario is

I vote for Master Chief

Saying Carmack is the father of FPS is a fact. Stating a fact isn't some sort of praise. Carmack made FPS with Wolfenstien, so it's not like Sakurai could just say that he wasn't the father of FPS. Point being it doesn't mean Sakurai has any preference to Carmack and would just choose Doomguy over any other FPS character.

.....are you retarded?
Capcom has 3
Sqeenix has 2
Sega has 3

>Master Chief ever been on a Nintendo console?
Minecraft, but more over, when has Sakurai ever said that this mattered?

Source: your ass

Master Cheif frequents /pol/ to shitpost about the covenant but Cortana changes his rants to be about the Jews so as not to blow their cover

You actually should die

He never said it was a fact.

I'm willing to bet the answer is 0

>Ridley
>just look at the motherfucker
Holly kek

Attached: 1553361723783.gif (288x197, 390K)

More like Doomies should be scared. Skyrimman is the face of Bethesda and had much more success and a bigger impact on Japan than Doom. If Bethesda is getting a rep its gonna be him.

Attached: 006.jpg (1024x1024, 209K)

The context of when and where Sakurai mentioned Carmack is important. It's not like they actually asked him to name who pioneered the FPS genre. They asked instead for him to name influential developers of his generation and he mentioned John Carmack unprompted, only westerner among the likes of Yoko Taro. I agree it doesn't necessarily mean much but it does show that there is at least a modicum of respect and appreciation for Carmack's work.

Honestly the one I just see most likely is Doom Slayer/Doomguy. At the current moment it feels the most likely based on what we've seen in the directs. Nintendo was really pushing for Dragon Quest to be promoted. It's kinda the same scenario with Doom. It's being pushed by both Nintendo and Bethesda equally for a while now.

This has not happened at all with franchises like Tales of Vesperia or Phoenix Wright. If you ask me we should keep a look out for 3rd party franchises that get an absurd amount of spotlight in upcoming directs. Maybe that will tell us who we may be getting next.

Attached: 1550375885055.png (800x600, 412K)

>Saying Carmack is the father of FPS is a fact.
>Carmack made FPS with Wolfenstien
Again Carmack was the tech guy. Romero was just as important to the design aspects Wolf 3D and Doom, so really they should both share the title of "father of fps", and my surprise was that Sakurai didn't just outright give Romero the spotlight consider how much attention he loved to attract to himself in the past.

But this is really beside the point that Sakurai still acknowledged Carmack as an important person in regard to the fps genre, so as a result he'd most likely pick a character with ties to Carmack, guaranteeing that said character would also be just as important to the genre (which Doomguy is).

dovakin has 0 fans, no presence

Haha wouldn't it be funny if Cortana kissed me, God I wish I was super shota spartan, imagine how much she would take care of me.

Shut the fuck up Chief.

every single normie and their mom both here and in Japan are fans of him. He's the face of their favorite game.

Doomguy > Arbiter > Master Chief > Doom Slayer > Gordon Freeman

Doomguy and Doom Slayer are the same character.

Shantae>all of those

Because this argument worked soooo well for Steve right?

>super shota spartan
Yikes.

Attached: ouch_m.png (316x296, 2K)

no, they are fans of skyrim, not dovakin. Hence why Steve isn't in smash

Attached: IGN.jpg (2000x2000, 376K)

Doom and Brutal Doom are the same game. :^)

Neither. Neither of them will ever happen.

Imagine a buff Cortana holding Doomguy in her arms.

Gyromite

Samus would fuck them both up

sorry steven minecraft, doomguy is in to shill doom eternal

God I wish Samus would fuck me up.

>muh waifu
You just won't accept it, right ? Master Chief and DoomGuy still have a chance will your is spirited away...

Attached: 60f0348137921766291531c415d5bd9a.jpg (680x462, 93K)

you tried

Attached: e3 2019 top games.jpg (1242x1650, 1.11M)

>Doomguy and Arbiter > Master Chief
Arbiter was the one of the main reasons Halo 2's campaign was shit to the point where Bungie rethought replacing Master Chief with him like they originally planned to.

boy that pic won't age well in a few months.

Samus would become Master Chief's wife.

few years*

What has Nintendo done to promote it, bring Pete Hines onto a podcast nobody cares about? They don't even have Switch footage for Eternal yet, all it got in the Direct was footage of last year's teaser.

Not him but

Attached: Most Viewed Games E3 2019.png (1007x800, 76K)

>Cortana
Who ? Oh that Windows 10 bonzi buddy clone ? What a weird waifu but ok.

Attached: Windows_Cortana_v20_1920_LaunchCortana_img.jpg (485x273, 48K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_oVwrpfo_QA

I never understood why people always bitched about Arbiter in Halo 2, i enjoyed playing as him.

Both are generic, poorly designed characters. You can barely tell one from the other. I want an actual iconic character.

Attached: bomberman.jpg (600x600, 49K)

I'll pick the original, thanks. Only zoomers want the diet version.

Attached: 1545528987163.jpg (806x991, 236K)

It didn't work for Steve since he's just a placeholder skin with no unique abilities in a game that's just a sandbox. Dragonborn is full fledged character the player shapes together as they traverse through the amazing story in an epic setting while having a wide and unique arsenal no character in smash has as opposed to doomie who just shoots and punches

doom will have a movie based on its own devs
who gives a shit about bungie or 343 when id software used to have more interesting stories?

he avenged his bunny in doom II, he's mad the demons won't fuck off in general and sees killing them all as his Final Solution

he's no doomguy but him being in smash would be unironically fucking kino, easily my second most wanted, imagine a spy assist trophy

>Fifa 20 above Halo, FF7, WatchDogs, Doom and Gears
Yeah, no.

That was from last year, dumbass. That picture is about E3 2019.

I think Doomguy is the last third party character I want for Smash. Don't want it to get overrun by third parties

Poor level design, boring story, constantly jumping from one character to the other was jarring.

....So like the Monster Hunter?

I mean, there's also the original Doom on SNES, and the GBA port. May have not been the best versions, but they still exist.

That's last year and it was heavily advertised by Zenimax.

That's from a year ago. Compare their most recent trailers
youtube.com/watch?v=ZtgzKBrU1GY
youtube.com/watch?v=2HOClc6Svg4

Imagine Heavy doing Kazotsky, Conga and Manrobics and other fighters can join him.

>acknowledging the doom movie
I'm a doomfag but come on

> level design
I always liked it
> boring story,
For you.
>constantly jumping from one character to the other was jarring
Not for me it wasn't, its not like Halo 2 was the only game to do this.

>ill pick the original
>posts nu doom
Ok zoomer retard

Attached: 1529472422722.png (692x677, 538K)

So he's one-dimensional.

Let's not kid ourselves, 2016's "Doom Slayer" is some Master Chief type shit. Good thing they're reverting that.

Monster Hunter just stabs and shoots. Dragonkiin is much more unique with his Thu'um and stealth archery

>people voting for Star Wars EA garbage

>2 CHARACTUR 2 COMPLICATE

>Not for me it wasn't, its not like Halo 2 was the only game to do this.
And you wonder why it sits next to Halo 4 and 5 as one of the worst mainline campaigns in the Halo series and why Halo 1 and 3 are always seen as the best.

>Borderlands 3
what the fuck is wrong with people

Imagine a Metroid style Halo game. I wouldn't mind a spin off like this.

Attached: Samus_Master_Chief2.jpg (676x874, 602K)

>Chief and Samus teamup against Ridley

>2 CHARACTUR 2 COMPLICATE
More like less focus on shit our audience gives to shits about except for maybe some furries and make the game more linear and closed in with only 7 levels and shitty boss fights.

>Master Chief and Samus against Space Pirates, Covenant, Metroids, Flood, Chozo, and Forerunners
Please make it happen.