The saturn was powerfu-

>the saturn was powerfu-

Attached: daytona saturn.webm (1000x750, 2.87M)

>daytona is just one gam-

Attached: tomb3.webm (584x476, 2.94M)

The Saturn was complex, no one was saying it's powerful.

It can barely even do transparency.

Attached: resident_CRT.webm (1000x563, 3M)

Have none of you played PowerSlave?

What did Saturn do to you? Did Saturn rape your girlfriend in front of you?

Game has massive frame dips. Same company made quake for saturn which averages at 15 fps. Lead programmer said it could have been 60 on PSX.

it raped my wallet being $100 more expensive than the competition and far less powerful.

This is a GunGriffon thread now

Attached: mqdefault.jpg (320x180, 13K)

WHY THE FUCK DOES SONIC 2 HAVE SLOWDOWN?

Attached: latest[1].jpg (640x1082, 106K)

Fuck Saturn it killed SEGA.

>blame the console
>not the ineptitude

snoy detected. thread filed under trash.

It was both.

The Saturn should have been easier to program for third parties and the internal war between SOJ and SOA just made it a perfect time for Sony to just stroll in to the industry.

The playstation 1 has great games, so does the Saturn. there's no comparison between the hardware though.

this
series of bad decisions culminated in this because apparently everyone at SEGA were braindead

chalk and cheese. in any case I remember the first Daytona was always bargain bin material; it was like the first Saturn release, the worst optimized title. Most multiplats except Powerslave were better on PSX but one of Saturn's main strengths was having access to Am2 library, however shitly the ports may have aged.

I owned and liked both for different reasons but today's constant historical revisionism by fanatic Sony fanboys puts a blight on what few good memories I had of PS1. If I had known what Sony's fanbase would come to be (AIDS) I'd never have supported PS1.

Coming fresh off the Genesis, this shit looked awesome. I about shit myself with Virtua Fighter looking (best I could tell at the time) arcade perfect. I also don't remember the pop-in being that bad. Is this an emulator?

You just can't handle its raw power, so it was holding back.

Attached: 1556896306746.png (1449x805, 69K)

>Be Sega
>Create terrible followup to popular previous console
>do 180 regarding games
>no Sonic 4
>no ToeJam & Earl
>no Streets of Rage
>only one Shinobi game
>no Phantasy Star
>only one Shining Force (and then only the first ep was in English)
>no Golden Axe brawler
>no Ecco the Dolphin
>no new Monster World games
>just mediocre ports like Quake and Tomb Raider
>Japanese released tons of weird mecha anime shooters that are now apparently the hidden treasures that one should import but only faggot weeyaboos like this shit.

Fuck you Sega, you totally forgot what made you big.

The Saturn was just a shit console in terms of hardware. It's both complex and underpowered. The only positive things that make it able to do better than the PlayStation in very specific scenarios are
>More RAM
>VDP2 can draw pretty backgrounds
And that's about it, everything else is the wrong component solving the wrong problem.