CTR:NF

Have you beaten all of the Time Trials yet?

Attached: image.png (698x1040, 423K)

I'm not touching them until Tropy stops being a sore loser

Half of them, it's just tedious doing every track twice
The only one I've had trouble with is Polar Pass

Attached: 1561400501121.png (1120x762, 61K)

NOW YOU'RE ON MY TIME

anyone don't play him to hide powerlevel?

The online sucks and I've got the Woah! platinum trophy, I've practiced USF enough and the coin payout is far too paltry to keep me motivated to work towards getting stuff from the shop.

Coins from multiplayer should at least be double than single player to actually make me want to spend my time playing with 7 other shitters who have no clue what they're doing.

I did and my fucking save corrupted

Yeah and you fucking deleted my save file. Had to redo everything but now I'm just 1 track from unlocking N Tropy and his Digital Skin. Won't do it til patch

Attached: D96MN3aXoAAp55z.jpeg.jpg (2048x1152, 239K)

I don't need to beat your shitty times to git gud, Tropy

Attached: this handsome lad sleeps and basically you're gay.jpg (863x648, 369K)

Don't jinx it! He might corrupt your save again!

No because I'm worried my save will get corrupted.

To be honest if you see one of these in your lobby you should be very, very afraid.

Attached: Crash™ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled_20190627220601.jpg (3840x2160, 1.03M)

COWARD!

W-what?

Attached: 1537713934170.png (292x325, 240K)

How do I unlock the digital skin of Trophy?

All oxide times minud Retro Stadium. Unlocked the digital skin but my file corrupted again. I have a backup one track before unlocking N Tropy cause he's buggy af on PS4

I'm going through them right now, I've done 14 tracks. What's this I hear about save file corruption? I'm on Switch, is it also an issue there even though it doesn't have that PS4 retro track?

there's been a bug for a few days now (since launch maybe) for PS4 players where messing around with time trials and/or unlocking N. Tropy causes your save to corrupt and it deletes all of your progress
happened to me and I'm mad as fuck because I backed up the save after I unlocked him, like a retard
many think it's because of the extra track we have in time trials, Retro Stadium, and the game doesn't register the 32nd since it's usually 31 and it craps out
God knows if that's the real reason though since people are saying theirs corrupted without doing it
just avoid it altogether imo

What's wrong with backing up your save after unlocking him?

I will when my I get my Pro Controller from mail.
Playing with Joycons suck donkey balls

He means that the save is already corrupted by then.

well, you're backing up a corrupted file

I actually got my first corruption from trying to go into Online. It's froze then corrupted
Also Wana know this

Because the file gets corrupted after unlocking Tropy
Ergo, you backed-up corrupted data

My save corrupted after the game froze in a loading screen quitting out of Adventure Mode.
Half thankful my Adventure mode progress didn't corrupt as I was halfway through Hard mode but I'm annoyed at having to do the Tropy times again. Hopefully once they inevitably fix this they'll give you credit for beating both/one of them if you beat their times outright regardless of whether or not the ghosts are turned on.
Also holy fuck why are these threads so deserted now? One of them got flat out deleted the other day, yet other lewd threads (especially anything Nintendo related) are allowed.

Check this pleb out

So how do you know when it's safe to back up your save?

Not really much to talk about until next week now

You don't, but if user didn't back up the corrupt save, he could've redownloaded the still-working previous save and avoided unlocking N.Tropy until a patch comes out rather than losing all his progress.

Not until save corruption is confirmed fixed. Not touching time trials with a ten foot pole until then.

I make sure I use him with his legendary skin in a platinum relic paint job kart to show off.

>Also holy fuck why are these threads so deserted now?
Everyone moved to /vg/.

Fuck me. Guess I'll get a few USBs and rotate them for back ups

I cant even get half the gold relics on easy and ive been playing since launch daily. I can drive fine on my own but I lose all my touch aiming for those timeboxes

God I finally got enough coins to buy the Summertime bundle, and N. Trance is so great. I've been farming coins like constantly in my free time when I'm not actually playing the game so I have enough coins for the trophy girls and the based skins like Gentleman Ripper Roo and Hazmat Dingodile.

>I've been farming coins like constantly in my free time when I'm not actually playing the game
How do you farm coins when you're not playing the game? You pay someone to farm them for you?

of course I did, oxyde too, you ma bitch now.

Question about the relics, do I only need to get the platinum just in adventure mode to get the platinum paint job or or I have to relic race every CNK track too?

I agree. The timeboxes are a pain in the ass to collect in NF for some reason. Sometimes when I want to make a sharp turn it misses the boxes anyways. It's beyond frustrating, especially when you have to do the Relics on stages you outright can't stand, like Tiny's Arena and Mystery Caves.

Well, I meant I'm farming coins when I'm not actively racing.
I do a Crystal Challenge on Skull Rock, hard mode. Go AFK, mash the Continue button every minute when the time runs out. Game gives me 15 Wumpa Coins every minute. It isn't the most efficient, but that's 900 coins in an hour. So I have that set up while I watch TV or do dishes or whatever.

Ah, that's not a bad idea.

SUMMER TROPY OUTFIT WHEN?

Try going for them all in Adventure Mode. I think you'll still unlock them that way because I got the Sapphire one when I beaten the game 100% the first time.

Adventure mode only. You can use easy mode to have 5 extra seconds to get Platinum.

Thanks.
If anyone else wants a more efficient way of farming, you can get like 1600 coins per hour by constantly doing Jungle Boogie on Easy, since that's the shortest 40 coin track. But that comes at the cost of constantly redoing a boring track and possibly cramping your hands.

I thought difficulty didn't change relic times?

>I thought difficulty didn't change relic times?
they do

I'm going wait for the patch...

It does. Just do east mode to make it less of a pain in the ass

No, I'm trying to do it, but I got stuck in Dragon Mines, anyone knows a good way to do it?, I suck at turning.

can't beat komodo joe, the mines always get me at the wooden u turn bit

I want Nina to dominate Tropy sexually!

Stop being shit

Use the brakes. If that's not enough then you aren't going fast enough on the rest of the track.

Geez they make you earn that dude.
How do I push myself over the hump for the Oxide times? I feel like I do well and the. I see I need to shave like another 5 seconds to make it. I'm still not sure how USF or that blue fire work exactly. Just a lot of trial and error.

Attached: 1556743883745.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

platinum relics feel so easy after beating oxyde times.

oxyde times often just "look" unbeatable, just follow him and you'll just see shortcuts you didn't know existed.

except for dragon mine, fuck that track.

You need some boosts chained before hitting a boost pad to keep SF or USF going. After that you just need to keep the reserves up by chaining power slides. For sharp turns. Hop and let go of accelerate while mid hop, tap or hold brake in mid hop, and hold down and the direction you want to go while in that same hop. Right before landing let brake go and press accelate to keep the SF or USF going.

>USF
Subhuman brown monkey mulatto wog faggots need to be exterminated

I wish I could do this but after 20 years of racing games with analog steering I can't go back.

>tfw beat dragon mines oxide less than 20 minutes ago
Definitely a contester for worst track.

Attached: 66804896-A323-4500-BE5E-816D386F3078.jpg (2857x2720, 1.2M)

I've got 4 more to do, they are pretty easy if you can keep the blue flame

i don't remember battle mode from the original game, what is it?

Yeah I have j just need to practice keeping that boost going. It's pretty fun when it goes on for awhile. And air braking is like a big weakness for me. Been practicing it on Electron Avenue. Why does no one take that shortcut?

And yeah I've hated Dragon Mines since I was a kid. Now I get to hate it in HD

That's what I was gathering that I would need to air brake I just suck at those sharper turns. I'm still trying to time my boosts better for perfect boosts but I got a hair trigger. So when I hit one of those super pads do I keep on the acceleration or do j let go and let my boosts carry me while focusing on sliding and boosting?
Nice. Now you never have to play that shitty level ever again user.
That's what I'm weak at.

Attached: 42633562C209456CB1C4AD2DE9615CE7.jpg (680x448, 88K)

Battle with weapons and such

I've been using analog no problem

?
CTR has analogue steering

What shortcut?
>now you never have to play that shitty level again
Once I was really salty about the last race so I voted Dragon Mines and nobody else voted.

>already started on hard and can't change it
JUST

Just have have some boosts in your reserve before hitting the boost pads. Hitting one without any means you can't have enough time keep it going. Afterwards just boost when you can to keep the reserves up.

I mean I can't go back to using the d pad.
Believe me I tried but I was so uncoordinated that I felt like a parent who had never touched videogames before.

hah I gave up after beating 3 tracks, switched to medium. No way I'm gonna bother with the tokens and relics on hard.

It takes less than an hour to just redo all the cup races and bosses in adventure mode so that you have the relic races unlocked.

After the uphill tunnel with the pads you can switch with the ! Box there's one of those areas that has two pads on the side as ramps and one on the floor. It turns sharp after that but I hop up the level using the right boost ramp and air brake to use the upper levels boost. Sorry I'm bad at describing stuff
Thats actually super helpful. Do I need to hold anything down while I have the fire going on?

>first lap
>in the lead
>hit an invisible TNT crate somehow
>placed literally just after the first set of weapon crates, impossible to have gained it and placed it that fast, let alone in front of first place on the first lap
How in the fuck?

If you can't drift that part, turn with break+down+right

I'm making my way through them, currently on Blizzard Bluff. Getting real sick of fucking up the shortcut and falling just short.

Attached: craaaaaaash.jpg (184x332, 41K)

Nah

Awesome yeah I slide with R1 and I was holding it down while it was going but usually when I have it I'm trying to slide and boost as well.
Yeah I can't make the last one hopping over that fence. I think j just get in my head thinking I'm gonna fuck it up.

I've been wondering since the original. Why does Penta get saved by aku aku and uka uka?

Coding fuck up. He was supposed to have Aku Aku for both.

Penta was a rushed/untested addition to the original game so the icon showed Uka Uka but the item would actually be Aku Aku. In the remake they pay homage to this by giving him both

I've done all CTR level time trials but now I'm about to start on the Nitro Kart levels. Hardest one was Sewer Speedway of course. I'm excited to learn new shortcuts from Oxide. He destroyed me with that Polar Pass skip I didn't know about.

>I can't make the last one hopping over that fence
Pretty sure the ghost doesn't use that shortcut

What polar pass skip?

If you can maintain solid boosts and don't brush any wall geometry, not even maintaining USF from the super turbo pad, you can beat Oxide's time on Polar Pass without that skip.
Source: me burning rubber and still winning easily

Not yet, but I completed 8 of the challenges yesterday.
Am I correct in assuming that I only need to finish the remaining 9 classic tracks in order to unlock him?

Why the FUCK do shitters vote for Coco Park and Crash Cove over actual good tracks? Is it because they think it’ll be an easy win?

I do it because I want a nice change of pace and a simple, easy track once in a while.

No. All the CTR + CNK tracks, have fun

Because those tracks are easy to maneuver, I assume, but these brainlets keep forgetting that these simpler tracks are bound to turn into an all out war right from the get-go.

The CNK tracks are piss easy though.

I just had a race online and one of the AI characters didn’t load for some reason so it was just an empty kart driving around

Im scared. I actually unlocked N Tropy yesterday and did all 32 tracks. I did check by booting up the game again to see if I got fucked by the corruption but I guess I was lucky since nothing bad has happened. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

Attached: 20190520_161509.jpg (431x270, 76K)

Didn't corrupt for me either.

I only have 3 more CNK left, definitely easier than the CTR ones

The one using the first boost ramp on the water and skipping that big right turn that leads into the cave with two seals.

is the online fucked again ? people teleporting around, items are stuck mid air

What do you think the hardest CTR track to time trial is?

Crash Cove ironically was the hardest one for me so far, because it leaves so little margin for errors.
On other tracks, you usually can abuse some sort of shortcut to gain the upper hand.

>items are stuck mid air
TNT/Nitro and Potions can be place in the air unless you mean rockets and bombs.

Crash Cove and Coco Park because of their simplicity. Sewer Speedway because of shortcut physics.

Crash Cove and Dragon Mines

ye talking about bombs, missiles and orbs

>tfw too low iq for dragon mines

Attached: 1529082605939.gif (600x617, 1.45M)

Cortex Castle desu, those turns suck
Oxide station sucks until you get a good blue flame run, same HAS

Remember to play Electron Avenue for them easy 80 coins if you're tired of online.

As a follow up, when I finally got Cortex Castle this happened... And it doesnt give you oxide credit so I have to do it again T.T

Attached: IMG_20190627_094446.jpg (3880x5184, 2.41M)

Is U-turning the most complicated trick to learn or is it the start of the rabbit hole?

Seriously, I will never get how to do this shit. The only place I can successfully airbrake on is Cortex Castle because the ramps give me a shit ton of time to brake, move, then accelerate. My fingers get all jumbled anytime I try anywhere else.

I'm a wagie I've only had time for all the trophies / bosses in classic and a few online games.

It's harder than I remember and I got all the plats and oxide ghosts when I was 12, maybe the PS4 controller and/or new game code just stinks.

Fuck those Dragon Mines curves!
It's so hard to get the turbo!

How the hell you beat Oxide?
That bridge curve is so damn hard.

It's probably the most advanced technique. It's what's going to keep your blue flame through tight levels. I started thinking of jump+brake+down +direction as one button input instead of a combination of buttons. For some reason that helps me mentally. I practiced it in loading screens, pressing it over and over switching between left and right. I almost have the hang of it. Haven't been able to keep blue flame throughout an entire level yet but I'm dunking on kids at Papu's Pyramid.

So about the plat Relics.

Is it okay to do them via the Arcade Menu or do I have to do them in the adventure mode? Gotta figure out if I need to another adventure run on easy to knock out the plat relics.

It's definitely the most advanced trick but you don't need to master it to fully complete the game. It's important to at least be able to do it for long jumps though, which however is not hard at all. Doing U-turns on normal hops is really difficult.

Yes, but during hard mode safe got corrupted, gotta redo the final track in CNK.

Use the damn minecart shortcut.

The most complicated tricks are getting some of the bugged shortcuts to work.

Can someone explain how to drift around the first building in Papu's Pyramid? I'm watching people do it and they are just drifting through it without braking at all.

Can't you 'just drift' by steering well with all but the speed characters?

Yes, but the turn is a bunch of 90 degree angles in a row and these guys manage to do it perfectly without hitting the wall once or braking.

Well, yeah. Even I could do it in the original, those guys are probably doing it from memory with minor adjustments to account for Nitro Fueled's slightly different collision.

How are you doing it? It looks more complicated than just holding the hop button.

Wrath of Cortex was such a bad game...I remember loading times were insanely long and the boss fights with the masks were just underwhelming then Crunch himself was even more underwhelming

a lot of morons went to general, where they doesn't even speak anymore

fucking retards

Its just a slow day and the CTRNF base is being split by the two threads on Yea Forums alone

Attached: Drlx80TV4AALxLx.jpg (2092x2092, 252K)

You get hundreds of coins in a single online race...

We did it boys

Attached: IMG_20190627_112652.jpg (5184x3880, 3.07M)

>only friend I have
>we both buy ctr
>me 4 days after release
>after one race i'm already beating him because I can do a simple mechanic
>but user HOW DO I DRIFT?
>wow i lost again
>after 50 races he beats me one time
>YEA NIGGA, SPEED CHARACTERS DINDODILEDO (he seriously spelt it like that)
>EASY BOI
>ok.jpg
>"ggs" I say
>ok just one more he says
>we play one more
>some n.tropy is in the race
>ahshithereigoagain.webm
>he comes 7th place, the only person in 8th place was the AI
>7th place as fucking dingodile, even raw speed alone can't save him
>Immediately leaves lobby after this match
>Invites me
>Join
>LOL BRO
>THEY NEED A RANKED LADDR BECAUSE THERE'S ALWAYS SOME FUCKING PERFECT DRIFT AUTIST IN THE GAME
>He doesn't even TRY to drift, he probably skipped all the dialogue sections in the story mode (which he has not yet completed)
>He probably hasn't done a single relic/ctr race (these can kinda show you good routes via the time boxes, right?) ((basically anything would help this guy if he would just try/practice))
>bro fuck this game
>btw i love this game lol
>fuck this, etc etc.
>signs off to play another game

How do I tell someone to fucking GIT, GUD?
The worst is when I have a stroke of bad-luck in the first round, claw back up to 34rd or 4th place only to get rekt by him some how getting near enough to fire three fucking rockets at me and have me lose my placing AGAIN.

Fuck. /rant

Attached: 1534867627777.jpg (970x990, 99K)

You know you can steer while drifting, right? You can both go wide and make sharp turns while drifting, depends on where you are aiming. In Papu's Pyramid you gotta start early of the first 90 degree corner and then go wide to set yourself up for the next corner.

No