Hello Yea Forums

Hello Yea Forums

Attached: 081.jpg (907x724, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RYcabQ5RP0M
youtube.com/watch?v=MWrSfmqOlXE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sup zoomer, enjoying larping as a 90s kid?

Comfy
Soul
Etc.

>no fun aloud

>nostalgic for a time you never experienced
pathetic

Why am I larping as a 90s kid if I was one?

Attached: DZOm6sMUMAAJ4-9.jpg (720x404, 29K)

being born in the 90s doesn't make you a 90s kid

OLD GOOD
NO FLAWS

why not?
I was born in 1990

Attached: 1557563468090.jpg (2173x2736, 1.04M)

How much would it usually cost to get a CRTV in good condition that will last for a long time?

Attached: tfw Halo rings fire but you left the oven on.png (367x451, 292K)

Stop lumping the 90s with the 80s.

Attached: The90s.jpg (1554x1554, 807K)

>cant remember the best half of the 90s
>thinks he can call himself a 90s kid
larp harder

Free, just look online for someone old who wants to get rid of it but is too weak to carry it to the garbage.

I was born in 1990s what are you on about motherfucker I grew up with pogs

Well to be fair these were the last two good decades for the west. I'm fine with both mingling together.

Caveat emptor, user, I dont want some shitty TV that breaks in two weeks.

Why so mad?

I was born in the 80s and that pic is only missing a poster on the wall and an ashtray on the table, then it's perfect.

my pog > your pog

Attached: pog.jpg (548x800, 55K)

>smoking
Nah

Those are from 1998/1999 specific.

Still literally any free ones. CRTs do not break unless you invite demons into your realm. Or drop them.

>gatekeeping over a generation in which BILLIONS of people experienced
you're not special you faggot, stop thinking the year your whore mother got fucked in required any accomplishment on your part.

I'm just saying it would create a better atmosphere from that period, everybody smoked from the 60s to the 00s.

seething larper. why so desperate to claim something you didn't experience?

i found a flatscreen trinitron in my apartment building's 'free shit' section like 5 years ago. Still works great, use it for Genesis stuff with an RGB cable.

only problem is it's like 170 pounds.

I'm 18, am I LARPing by saying I have a blast playing Daytona USA? Or that I use CRTs because they are demonstrably superior than LCDs for 240p content?

More importantly, why are you so obsessed with age?

Attached: image0 (6).jpg (2397x2189, 1.2M)

OH MY FUCKING GOD WHY IS EVERY THREAD ON THIS BOARD ABSOLUTE FUCKING SHIT WITH YOUR FUCKING BUZZWORDS FUCK OFFFFFFF. EVERY WHERE I FUCKING LOOK ON THIS BOARD IS ABSOLUTE SHIT IM FUCKING LOSING IT

Source on the top right?

Im pretty sure CRTV's dont break easily and are pretty sturdy both interior and exterior. Anyways its ur best bet, i got mine from a qt1. 34 who didnt want it, and it still works after 2 years.

That's an hilarious Gootecks pic, where did you get it?

Yes, you are LARPing
I dont give a shit about your age, I give a shit about people who never experienced the actual board culture coming here and shitting up the place

We're talking about old-school tvs here user

Attached: 1551659360390.png (652x500, 148K)

>actual board culture
God kill yourself.

It's just kids being kids, stay wise and don't despair. Sarcasm is your friend.

>pogs
Hmm okay, but what was the sourest flavor of warhead?

Well honestly my main issue is that there isn't any free crtvs in my area being given out
Do I check craig's list or something?

You first, Zoomer

CRTs don.t just stop working one day. They gradually degrade over time. You're going to have to deal with things like burn-in, beam misalignment, and magnetizing long before you have to worry about the caps blowing or whatever. Any CRT you pick up these days will likely be halfway through their life anyway. And if you've never looked at one up close before, you're going to be disapointed by the blurry picture.

Yes, you are a larping zoomer. I bet you listen to vaporwave and "long for aesthetic periods of the past' too.

I'm not OP you faggot. I dgaf about the 90s or any other queer decade. I'm calling you a pathetic spastic for trying to derive accomplishment from the year you were born when you had ZERO impact on it and it's shared by literally countless other people. Imagine having so little going for you in life that you view the decade you were born in as your best accomplishment. ahahahah

You're definitely LARPing to feel cooler than your retard friends.

Experience deez nuts lmfao

Cringe AND Yikes

lemon
'93 here, are warheads not a thing anymore?

imagine projecting this hard over a simple comment. seethe away.

Cringe and redpilled.

>tfw born 1997 but I got to enjoy whatever remained of the 90s in the Early 2000s via re-runs or some other shit

You cannot enjoy media released before the age of your birth.

Imagine being proud of being part of the reddit generation.

Anime?

>I bet you listen to vaporwave and "long for aesthetic periods of the past' too.
No.
Wrong.

>seethed this hard about someone posting a picture of a CRT
>says other are projecting their seethe.
kys you freak.

forced meme cock sucker

the consensus at my school was that black cherry was the most sour
I think I saw them for sale somewhere a few years ago. It's like how Surge made a comeback.

it's just not the same...

Attached: 1542811231632.jpg (1920x1034, 449K)

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
>ctr
>IN 2019
HAHAHAHAHAHA
WHAT A FAG

>seething
if thats the way you wanna play, ill raise you a cope and 2 yikes

Yeah, looks like it

>lemon
nigga black cherry was THE flavor for taste and sours.

uh oh, the zoomers are getting riled up

Sup Phillip.

This guy. This guy right here.
You're legit, son.

Attached: 1448589616003.png (545x583, 352K)

cringe

>uh oh I'm being called out for sucking dick

I think this thread begs a bigger question, why does it matter what their age is if they enjoy the better things? Isn't having good taste the only real thing that matters in the end?

People on this board are just fucked in the head and also insecure

>t.Zoomer trying to fit in
Oy vey

something about the crt lines, video and sound quality that seems I dunno, more comfy
youtube.com/watch?v=RYcabQ5RP0M
youtube.com/watch?v=MWrSfmqOlXE

Attached: Spongebob gets hit by reality.jpg (500x281, 43K)

>Isn't having good taste the only real thing that matters in the end?
Nobody here has good taste, regardless of age.

This, shitting on others' taste is the sign of an insecure worm

>good taste
Yes yes, you're so much more wordly than the normies at your highschool for watching old anime on a crt. Truly an enthusiast of the arts.

Why is Yea Forums so obsessed with the boomer/zoomer thing?

Anyone born after the early 80s share the similar background in terms of pop culture to some extent and tend to be considered as internet addicted lazy ass people by their senior generations.

Because its often zoomers getting the wrong idea that to fit in Yea Forums you have to be a raging /pol/ack who shitposts on Yea Forums when even the board itself is getting tired of their shit

All of that stuff is available today for anyone to enjoy.

I can't think of anything gayer than idolizing and having nostalgia for CRTs when you never grew up with them. I grew up watching and playing shit on CRTs and I never want to ever again. They suck and new TVs are objectively better in every way.

Unrelated but is Evangelion worth watching? I remember some years ago i watched the 1st episode and thought it was complete dogshit especially the retarded autistic insufferable main protag. Maybe it gets better later on?

Attached: 1537296433672.png (600x652, 381K)

>blaming the Jews for your small penis

Why are you so snide? What is getting you so angry?

anyone who think this represents 90s is moron

because it's a forced meme use by faggots on this board

Ever thought about that at some point, there won't be a single person anymore that was born before 2000.

>b-but /vr/ told me its better

>t.zoomer trying to fit in by deflecting

Yes, but not the Netflix redub. You can find the bluray rips on a certain bay

>there will come a day when Yea Forums is frequented by people born after 2020

Attached: 4f056e9bce554f4c62ce15bf4e273d7b--sonic-classic-sonic-birthday.jpg (736x761, 83K)

>man I sure love showing everyone on here how much dick I suck

if you're watching either dub, just kys

>t.Deflecting zoomer

What show?

If you hated the first episode the show would be absolute torture for you. The whole point of the show was to put a sullen withdrawn little asshole in a mech

When you'll see it...
ebin

I've just started watching it for the first time yesterday. I'm four episodes in and so far it has been very enjoyable as it has given me the impression that their world is much larger and more complex than what's been shown so far. I'm watching it subbed since I generally don't trust dubs. Also I've found the character designs and general art style to be excellent. Can't wait to find out what happens next.

speak for yourself. I'm actually tired of faggots like you calling the /pol/ boogeyman in every post. Stop obssessing over /pol/ and go back to trannyera and reddit already.

this is the same as a prson using a typewriter instead off a computer

so yeah, you're only doing it for the attention

It has nothing to do with nostalgia you fucking faggot. Using old technology has nothing to do with nostalgia when it offers objective advantages. CRTs are demonstrably superior to LCDs for certain applications, namely displaying SD content. RGB also looks immaculate.

Do you also think it's impossible to enjoy old movies or books from before you were born?

Attached: rgbvcomposhit.jpg (1024x1024, 413K)

>retarded autistic insufferable main protag
That is actually a strong part of the plot development. Eva was a revolution of anime in the 90s because it got out of Japan and impressed occident, like Akira and Dragon Ball did.
Personally I love it, it's the little details that make it great, the biblical references and the mecha designs.
However, do not watch Evangelion if you don't have a good emotional balance, it can and will put you in a depressed state if you manage to understand the whole concept and compare it with your own personal achievements.

tl;dr yes worth watching specially the movies (the old movies)

>thinking Yea Forums is gonna last that long

Fpbp

>here he goes again with the "you didn't experience it" meme
CRT TVs were still prevalent in the early 2000s, in fact HDTVs didn't even come out until at least 2007-2008 and didn't become the norm until the 2010s. And for the record anything from the very early 2000s and earlier looks better on crt tv.
Stop being a faggot

Evangelion pisses you off the first time but every other time you watch it it gets better, especially if you took time to look up psychological topics and ironically social interaction. Eva is great

I can assure you that most people on here right now will die off starting in the 2070s

if you're using it for some objective reason like that then sure, but you know just about every faggot in this thread watching anime on their CRT isn't.

i see you bby

Attached: 1530803493159.png (1279x720, 700K)

I really miss handpainted cels to be honest, they gave off such a unique look that digital can never replicate to the fullest, something especially noticeable when a lot of 90s shows made the switch to digital in the early 2000s.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (720x720, 47K)

>speak for yourself. I'm actually tired of faggots like you calling the /pol/ boogeyman in every post. Stop obssessing over /pol/ and go back to trannyera and reddit already.
>"if you don't like /pol/ you're a faggot tranny REEE GO BACK TO RESETERA"
Keep telling yourself that user

Have you ever SEEN 480i content scaled up to 1080p or 4K? It looks like dogshit. If for instance you're an anime fan into older anime, it's reasonable to use a CRT because even through composhite video it'll look a thousand times better.

Why does 90s anime look so good on CRT?

CRT was the standard for many years. So it was designed for that

>anyone who think this represents 90s is moron

But you can't change the fact that those arts were made in the 90s thus they actually can reflect the aesthetics of that era.

>anime fan
imagine calling yourself this
>I'm a movie fan
>I'm a music fan

You talk about the /pol/ boogeyman then instantly use a resetera boogeyman lmao

Though wasn't CRT itself divided between PAL/NTSC?Iirc if your game has a diff regiob it would affect the quality of the output

I don't like anime myself I was just using it as an example.

True, I have most of the Disney Renaissance films on blu-ray and the animation has aged beautifully

lol no it doesn't. it looks better in every way. if losing detail to scanlines looks better to you, its because you've convinced yourself it does.

what will we call the new-age zoomers of 2038?

90s kid doesn’t make you a gen x you are a fucking millennial

Not sure yet maybe gen xy

born in 94, concious at two, so I'm a 90's. be shut up.
also millennials should be 2000-onwards because you know... millenium??? amirite

>tfw back when i was a teen had a massive nostalgia for 90s now as a young adult having more nostalgia for early 2000s
Weird

Millenials are those born in the 80s-90s-early 2000s

NTSC is still a thing nowadays, although I think now most of the PAL countries switched to DVB-T from PAL.

Phantom Blood

>What is a film buff
Music probably has a similar term but I dunno about that world. This has always been a stupid argument though, nip animation is a pretty distinct thing from everyone elses (with rare exceptions).

WOOOOOW SO RETRO A U T I S T I C

90s kid means being born in the 80s therefore being an actual kid-teenager in the 90s.
You north-americans misunderstand everything I swear to god.

PAL and NTSC are just broadcasting standards. The main difference is that PAL offers slightly higher vertical resolution IIRC. But that's about it.

Do you actually think content displayed on a TV with 2700% more pixels will look as good as it did on the original display?

Attached: the_zoomer.jpg (960x833, 57K)

>NTSC is still a thing nowadays,
Maybe
Most of my old xbox games are ntsc region and they don't really suffer from quality failures unless it doesn't show on lcd screena

Super Mario Bros 3 was released in 1990
I was born in 1992
I love SMB3

doesnt larp mean live action role play

Underageb& redditors, you gotta shitpost harder than them to win.

Hows that pasta taste user?

>you can only appreciate an aesthetic if you lived at the time
Guess it's time to say goodbye to the ww2 motorcycles and the victorian streets I like to paint.
And while we're at it, fuck the entire medieval ages too.

>90s kids grew up on trash consumer grade CRTs exclusively using composite
>feel they are any authority WHATSOEVER on CRTs
absolute top kek

The late gen Xers can be 90s kids and have more shared culture with millennials than with their senior gen Xers though.

Imagine if you were born in 1980.
You were still preteen in 1992 and only 14 when the 1st playstation was out.

They are more generation X in mind but got a huge influence from the millennial culture.

> this entire thread
> old thing good, new thing bad
> you kids suck for liking new thing
> but you can't like my old thing

You guys should be celebrating and applauding the younger generation appreciating our culture. Instead you faggots shun and reject them. Then cry about how they have no taste and how everything new is souless.

I'd have more respect for them if I knew they weren't just basic "muh aesthetics" zoomers.

I was born in 1999 and I had a CRT up until 2007, my family wasn't poor either.

I've literally just rationally explained why CRTs are the superior way to display SD content and I'm a 2000 zoomer.

I thought Kenny Lauderdale came back for a moment.

Cel animation in the 90s was built upon decades and decades of perfection whereas digital animation is still in its baby years.

because it includes not only anime but manga, and intentionally omitting ones that are against your "90s".

samura hiroaki and oyari ashito are still working on manga and illustrations in the front line of the industry. in manga world, there is a lot of distinctive mangas like dorohedoro, knights of sidonia, gantz, and other mangas that you gaijins will never seen or hear, which are distinguished from generic shounens.

you can create any image giving off the feeling of "90s" according to your cherry picking lists.

Attached: 1556967547514.jpg (3800x2688, 3.52M)

My personal hatred of CRTs is from being an able-bodied male in an extended family of women and old people
Fuck those 80-pound awkward monstrosities and moving them between buildings

why are zoomers such insecure fucking losers holy SHIT
>one single picture
>over 100 seething autist underaged faggots sperging the fuck out

dont use the z word, you'll trigger them

>Born in 1984
>Went through all of that technology, from TVs with analog tuners limited to 12 channels to 56k internet
>Feel no nostalgia or attachment towards any of them, to the point where I got rid of my CTR TVs and VHS tapes at least a decade ago

I don't understand why people fetishsizes them so much.

>I lived long enough to see VHS collecting and CRTs come back in style
Feels weird.

Attached: hi.jpg (1837x1380, 725K)

i was actually watching Lain on TV Tokyo back then but 98-99 werent that good cause people were already into the internet and PC shit like CD-R, Warez, Giga-Byte HDD, and digital effects like PS plugins, VST plugins, were starting to destroy everything that was good. It isnt so different from now.

95-97 were actually fun. 96 was a god year.

>get free CRT
>broken
>buy one
>lol broken
>Decide to get a PVM off eBay
>lol fuck you, this one's broken too
>want to fix it myself
>Find out it would kill me if I touch the wrong thing inside
I JUST WANT A WORKING CRT THAT'S BEEN SERVICED AND WILL LAST ME THE NEXT 20 YEARS WHAT THE FUCK. WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SO HARD.

Attached: sad.jpg (392x495, 41K)

I wish I could have experienced the internet in the 90's.

>95-97 were actually fun. 96 was a god year.
Tell me more.

i like the 90s animu style, the one of today is shit

that tv looks like it is from the 70s

It was slow but then the internet today is slow for different reasons.

Back then it was easier to browse encyclopedias on CDs or look for something on teletext than actually use the internet.

Attached: 1561484510696.gif (500x373, 965K)

You cannot enjoy the tactile feel of a typewriter if a more convenient method of typing exists. You cannot enjoy the look of less than HD video if HD video exists. We must optimize everything. We must sand the edges until everything is smooth.
Faggot.

Attached: 1546099150139.png (480x368, 277K)

Im 27
Here's mine

Attached: 20190108_052558-1600x1105.jpg (1600x1105, 246K)

I prefer watching movies made before 1970

>The absolute state of ''boomers''

Attached: 1555733009082.gif (235x176, 1.95M)

I would find all the LEDs distracting. You can't get comfy when your battlestation looks like a nightclub.

yes, i still have the CRT i used for PS1 and N64 game and still use it for games

not him but you type like a faggot

there is nothing more embarrassing than the CRT meme. whatever about muh interlacing for retro games, but the person behind OP's pic is 100% a retarded bedwetter who does whatever joe schmoe youtuber tells him. we could finally be done with the 80's shitters but zoomers are carrying on the legacy of romanticising outdated technology, congrats

>yes your poor old gramps stuck with his SD tv only has it for the attention

>OLD GOOD
>NU BAD
>ZOOMER NOT ALLOWED TO ENJOY THING FROM PAST

>being a kid in the 90s doesn't make you a 90s kid

I have a CRT television, but I don't really use it much. It just hangs out in my room gathering dust until I want to play my N64.

>"no u"
>doesn't know how to use the term "projecting"

Attached: 1529820271856.jpg (125x109, 2K)

Posting on forums must have been so comfy back then.

>born in 94, concious at two, so I'm a 90's. be shut up.
>Conscious in 1996
>Only experienced less than half of the 90s
>Thinking you're a 90s kid
Sit the fuck down, zoomer.

It'll be outdated when OLED is the mainstream. Until then enjoy staring at your superior washed out blacks