Physical media is better!

>physical media is better!

Attached: file.png (600x397, 372K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8avMLHvLwRQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This has literally never happened to me. Even my Playstation games still work. Nice fearmongering there digitalcuck.

I don't understand how this even happens? This has happend to a few of my music cd and games, CDs are sealed air tight in between layers of plastic. How does this even happen?

>not once but twice with multiple girls
nice.
could also just break up with him, but idk.

By leaving discs out in the open for a long period of time. Why anyone would do that is beyond me, but people are retarded so there's that.

>digital media is better

Attached: 6F181741-248D-4466-AEB9-B2604EE66C3E.jpg (739x415, 27K)

It’s usually due to a manufacturing error

This kills the buyfag

wonder if they actually let people change ID now
>I'm terribly sorry, I made this account as a dumb kid a decade ago, c-can I change ID?
>we don't have that feature, so a permanent ban is the only solution LOL

Attached: kingmadafaka.jpg (568x546, 99K)

Checkmate, athiest.

Attached: 541197-steam-logo-640x360.jpg (640x360, 13K)

Would never build a digital library on PSN or Xbox live. They ban you for the stupidest reasons. I wonder how they get away with their shitty TOS, steam is much more liberal.

I got banned on psn for shitposting in the kingdom hearts discussion group
All I said was faggot and got perma banned

I don't even want to know what kind of shitty hackjob they did for their account system that changing the name is too hard to implement for them

>downloading games that would eat up your storage system and the only way to rectify this is buying a bigger hdd
No thanks
I've had xbox games from 15 years ago still running on my old xbox

Is disc rot real or a myth id you take care of your shit?

Attached: 1512561410045.jpg (266x427, 22K)

>falling for the disc rot meme

If you don't take care of your disc like a normal person then yea your cd is in a one way ticket to hell

Digital media on a storage disc is still digital media. Try encoding it onto a slab of granite with a chisel next time you fucking idiot

Unironically will never go with ps again because of this. I had over $200 worth of digital media since ps3 and my account got banned.

>/vr/ thread on Yea Forums
I'll pass.

>we take your money but you lose everything

>this CD I left outside for a year proves physical media is outdated!

Nice try Google shill.

Physical media isn't outdated but the 700mb max CD most definitely is. Hell even DVDs are pushing it unless it's at least double layered.

>I don't understand how this even happens?

It never happens unless you literally store your discs on the balcony or some dumb shit like that.

Attached: wellsaid.jpg (333x362, 66K)

>consoleshit

It happens to Californians that leave CDs in their cars, where heat can modify the disc.

>get microsoft account banned for hosting jackbox party pack on mixer
>old ass hotmail account also gets banned
>xbox live account with tons of games (made during the original xbox beta) also gets banned
why is this okay?

Attached: shouts_autistically.png (1334x750, 1.22M)

>I don't even want to know what kind of shitty hackjob they did for their account system that changing the name is too hard to implement for them

The way I heard it, your username in PSN is literally the only identifier they store. Whenever the database refers to a person, it refers to that person's actual username. Basically every system under the sun would assign some kind of an ID number to your account (user "FagBallz2005" is number 000598387) and refer to that instead, but Sony decided to skip that step and as a result you can't change your username after creating it.

>DRMmachine box
topkek

Attached: If you buy games you don't own shit.png (759x487, 42K)

no joke on the day i made a backup for my smash bros brawl my dog ate it, so yeah

Shit, I thought you just couldn't play online if you got banned, I didn't know you lost access to your games too. I don't own that many digital games on PSN since I'm a physicalfag, but I better watch what I say on there from now on.

That's why Sony is always incompetent in the software.

How hard is it to just not be a raging faggot who pretends they’re on Yea Forums everywhere they go? You deserved it.

You're talking like unjust bans don't happen all the fucking time in every online community.

Reminder that loads of great games are gone forever now that the Wii shop channel has shut down
youtube.com/watch?v=8avMLHvLwRQ

Sure you can still pirate them but you can do the same with physical games so it's hardly an argument in favor of digital only games

Attached: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - My Life as a King (1).jpg (1920x1080, 354K)

This, if you buy digital you haven't actually bought anything because your game will be tied to a store that will one day shut down.

Unless you buy from GOG I guess.

Plus there's no reason to bother paying for a digital game if down the road you're going to be forced to pirate it to play it whereas a physical copy will always be around and you'll just have to find a patch at most.

my nes cards still works perfectly though.

that looks like a trash disc that has been ran through a disc repair machine a bunch of times. what's OP's point?

digital media is bett-

Attached: 1538668359380.png (381x132, 7K)

the edges of the cd are supposed to be sealed in plastic, if there is any kind of problem causing the metal to be exposed or the plastic to leech, then this can happen.

>implying this doesnt happen when the game is launched from discs...

I been on the internet for 15 years, on a ton of forums and online video games and I have never been banned. Maybe it’s the way you act that gets you banned.

Attached: 4C6AC413-33C5-4FFF-954F-EAD47D93DBC9.jpg (337x323, 53K)

>PSN
>Name is probably Niggerlicious69
>You are banned!
>Shockedpikachuface.jpg

supporting the publisher/devs, mild convenience for playing the game (usually)
but yeah, I expect having to pirate games I bought at some point in the future... maybe

just download them and play them on Dolphin in 4k... but judging by your screenshot you're already doing that I guess

>responding with why and not how
Dude was right though, it's almost always shoddy manufacturing work.
If the outer layer of plastic or lacquer on a disc is poorly printed/fitted then the layer of underlying aluminium can be exposed to air and oxidised, destroying whatever orderly information was held there.
I think the most common one in CDs was people not making the lacquer not being resistant to the sulfur content of printed manuals/booklets placed against them.

I think the idea of a "gold master" is related to this - the original final finished product is printed in gold because of how resistant it is to corrosion, so it will last much longer.

all it takes is for you to step out of line once, and WHAM, maybe then you'll stop defending draconian punishment for saying something stupid or ugly

Why has nobody brought this to the courts yet? Taking away things you bought isn't legal. It's literally stealing.

Read the ToS

Lawyers be lyke: all you own is access to a license that we can revoke for violating our TOS

I mean, you could take it to court but then you'd probably have to explain to the jury why you got banned. I'm sure they'd be real sympathetic with you after hearing how you enjoyed calling people nigger kikes.

My father passed away a couple of months back and a few weeks ago while going through his stuff in the attic I came across my old PS1 that he bought me when I was 8, I popped open the disc cover and it still had disc one of Final Fantasy IX in it which is my favourite game. It was a pretty emotional experience and it's kind of sad that people won't get to experience that kind of thing as we move towards a digital only future

>paying for online
You deserve it, faggot.

shouldn't have cummed all over the disk user.
Also fuck you faggot I have a right to property

Attached: 1518365636945.png (330x236, 146K)

>B-based steam would never do that to me!
Fucking retard

This would take like, 30 minutes to fix.
>Run each username through an algorithm to generate a random number of sufficient length to ensure all are unique
>Check for duplicates anyway
>Add a column in the database

Solved.

>This would take like, 30 minutes to fix.
You're glossing over how galactically incompetent Sony are.

No point buying physical if it can be lost stolen or ruined.
No point buying games at all is really the conclusion you should reach in the digital vs physical debate.

based fucking retard absolutely missing the point
take your meds dumbfuck