Saints Row

Was it really that bad?

Attached: 220px-Saints_Row_The_Third_box_art.jpg (220x277, 18K)

It's good.

But good isn't good enough when you're the follow-up act to Saints Row 2.

no it was fine but I have to over-exaggerate the quality of everything in either direction to get attention to my opinions.

Fun games. Seems like 4 tried to be a weird mix between GTA and Prototype, but without all the cool stuff. I think they should tone it down a little bit and go in the vein of 2 again.

Its fine. I'm still mad though.

>Started playing it again recently
>Completely forgot that this game had a mission where Kanye West's cover of 21st Century Schizoid Man blared over the action
The game is definitive 2012. Took me back to being in college.

Between the absurd music licensing and that uDraw tablet or whatever it was called, it was no wonder THQ sank.

Its great. Fuck SR 1 & 2.
3 & 4 is way crazier and funnier. we dont need edgy open world game like GTA

SR3 is an extremely poor follow-up to SR2 in terms of the open world and things to do in it. In a vacuum it's an okay game though. The reason people praise it so much is because they probably started with SR3 as the only thing 3 does better is the controls and arguably the graphics (personally I hate how plasticy everything looks starting with SR3). Steelport is a fucking awful city compared to Stilwater and if your game world is boring and drab it just drags everything else down, especially once you are finished with the storyline.

Also SR2 feels and runs like shit

Attached: this.gif (300x186, 1007K)

(you)

It's good. Way better than the previous entries which were just budget gta clones

you said it well

Stillwater is lifeless and the game has barely anything left to do once you complete the story

2 is a masterpiece of open world design

>Worth playing

Saints row 2, Saints row 4.

>Not worth playing

Saints row, Saints row 3.

Attached: facts.jpg (800x450, 51K)

>saints row
le so random normie garbage

Although I share your opinion, I'd never dare to type it myself.

>Any sort of humor is now rando normie garbage
Stop watching Marvel movies.

I'll bite. Was your first Saints Row game SR3?

I've never really played 1 or 2. 3 is fun, over the top goofy GTA that ends up being better than GTA4. 4 is more of its own thing but also kind of feels like an extended DLC to 3. Both are good games, not perfect, not fantastic, but good.

This, though not quite.

GTA has always been generic fucking trash, and SR2 is just a slightly better GTASA. There isn't anything to actually praise SR2 for. It's easy to call SR3 le ebin and wacky but it wasn't executed too badly, and the gameplay was actually enjoyable. I'd say SR4 took the insanity too far but it ended up so bad it's good.

On its own it is fine, but as a follow up to 2 it was not good at all.

On its own it's subpar. I recall playing it with a friend and we just dressed up as Hitler and Billy Mays just shooting the shit and messing around. The DLC was complete shit though.

>you'd be ok with the shit controls if you played sr2 first

GTA 4 has way better fundamental character gameplay. Playing with the physics and options is really fun, even after completing the story.

SR3 is fun until the story ends, then it's really mediocre.

I certainly feel like Saints Row 4 gets way too much shit when it's basically the proper sequel to Crackdown 1 with a little bit of Prototype mixed in.

Granted the inclusion of vehicles made no fucking sense when you could zoom across the city by leaping across buildings and gliding.

3 and 4 were decent, rest are too dated and not in the GTA 3/Vice City way.

Why does no other video game let me make a bad bitch with double E tiddies?

This was better
>HURR DURR IT WAS BAD
All you zoomers forget how shit Saints Row was. How janky it was, how glitchy and undercooked it was. But guess what? They followed it up with SR2, one of the best games ever made. I'm fucking sick of you braindead children expecting perfection from new IP's on their first go especially in this day and age where games-as-service is the new norm. It's because of you we wont ever see sequels like AOM 2 which deserve to happen.

Attached: AOM.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

Ahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahaha
You joking right?

>t. didn't play it
You're the same kind of retard that called Mad Max painfully medicore even though you hadn't played it. AOM was launched too early and took a while to fix, but when all is said and done, it has fantastic core gameplay.

user, this game was so financially disastrous that nobody has heard from Volition since its release.

worse
it's ok

Steelport was so fucking shit compared to Stilwater. A blocky ugly mess without any curves.