Hired by a game studio to work on a game

>hired by a game studio to work on a game
>it's a third person shooter/action game hybrid(I guess like a hybrid of Anarchy Reigns and Gears of War?)
>setting is a cyberpunk future
>in the middle east

See, and this is where I have a problem. I'm sorry but cyberpunk is inherently Japanese. When we think cyberpunk, we picture Kanji on all the neon signs and things that we see, geishas on the billboards and building ads, noodle shops on street corners. Not arab shit. I'm sorry but I don't picture that weird looking arabic writing on neon signs or billboards of arab women wearing burqas and headscarves and shit like that. Or deserts and burning red skies for that matter. I tried to convince the team to please not do this and do proper cyberpunk, but they won't fucking listen. Is there any way to get through to these people? I just don't get why anyone would think this shit is a good idea. When people think of cyberpunk they think of Blade Runner, not fucking Dune with a bunch of skyscrapers and arabs running around.

Pic related, this is an idea for how they want the city to look. They mentioned the game mainly having red skies for when the sun is out, and dark nights. Which is also retarded, red skies sounds like some alien planet shit.

Attached: future-dubai-at-night_17.jpg (3408x1600, 2.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/>hired by a game studio to work on a game/type/op/page/1/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0iyD2D4J7yY
youtube.com/watch?v=_TXGIWlJcnc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You sound like a complete fucking retard

I'm not the one wanting to have a fucking futuristic city in a goddamn desert with arab writing and shit. So no, I'm not a fucking retard, this team is. Cyberpunk isn't supposed to be fucking Aladdin in the future.

When I think of cyberpunk, I just think of the future. USA, Japan, UAE, doesn't make a lick of difference to me as long as it's made right. Maybe you've been watching too much Ghost in the Shell.

Dubai and Abu Dhabi are some of the best developed cities in the world. I'm sorry that Arabs having nice things is upsetting to you.

>Game developer wants to make something original
>"NOOOOOOOO! DO WHAT I SAY INSTEAD, IT'S WHAT EVERYONE THINKS OF SO IT MUST BE GOOD!"

Shut the fuck up and do the job you're being paid to do. Otherwise quit and realise your cyberpunk dream yourself, faggot.

Straight up tell them where the hell are you supposed to get reference material for Arabian cyberpunk? Plus cyberpunk isn't supposed to be just an aesthetic to be slapped on top of whatever, it's a reaction to very specifically 80's Americana and how corporations were encroaching and twisting every day life, with bits of japanese culture being thrown in the mix because japanese tech was the hot new thing at the time. The japanese equivalent happening to their own culture as they went through a technological boom in the 80's is also pretty important, but aside from what little anime I've watched I can't properly comment.
The 80's americana aesthetic as contorted by a possible future is pretty important. Tell them there's a reason why you don't see 'cyberpunk' media set outside of America or Japan. Hell, imagine trying to have "French cyberpunk" or "New Zealand cyberpunk", it wouldn't work, the cultural groundwork isn't there outside of the US and Japan.
A hyper futuristic aesthetic as created from arabian culture itself can be cool, but that isn't bloody cyberpunk.

There’s tons of Middle Eastern influences in cyberpunk/ future setting ya. Fucking Cowboy Bebop has a ton of it. Just look at pictures of Abu Dhabi, certain episodes of Cowboy Bebop, watch Pitch Black, BladeRunner 2049, Firefly... it sounds like you’re actually just bad at your “job”.

>Dubai and Abu Dhabi are some of the best developed cities in the world. I'm sorry that Arabs having nice things is upsetting to you.

Cities developed on the backs of SLAVE LABOR

So just like every other city in the world?

>"French cyberpunk"

Did people really forget Remember Me exists?

>red skies sounds like some alien planet shit

Attached: 11285[1].jpg (2048x1310, 1.13M)

>OP answering himself
cringe

>posting a screenshot from Blade Runner 2049, the movie that flopped, is forgotten, and no one cares about

That desert bullshit ruined that movie's visuals.

This is a bot. I've seen this thread countless times with slight differences. Do not reply to bot posters.

>the cultural groundwork isn't there outside of the US and Japan.

What the fuck are you talking about, user? Globalism has been the largest force of change in the world for the last 50 years or more and it is absolutely in effect in France, and New Zealand, and every other country on planet Earth. Coming out with shit like this just reveals how poorly travelled you are. Dubai is a hub of international commerce with a shitload of shady corporate cash running through it's veins, the malls are vast and high tech, and filled with global brands, the working class have absolutely no power while the ruling elite (businessmen/ the sheikhs) own everything.

If you can't see how you could extrapolate that into a cyberpunk setting; you have no god damn brain.

Isn't that more reasoning as to why it would make sense in a cyber punk setting?

You're seriously retarded and lack the imagination that led people to craft stories or worlds called cyberpunk to begin with. Frankly, I don't think you're literate or well-read. I'm absolutely positive you only have an opinion on cyberpunk because of movies you've seen and you have only the most superficial and incorrect understanding of what it is (futuristic cities with Japanese signage because uhh japan was doing well in the 80s) without having the slightest hint of an understanding of any deeper ideas. You basically don't see the "cyber" or the "punk" in cyberpunk, you see an aesthetic which, ironically, has been heavily commercialized which is the least punk thing in the word.

You're actually a philistine. I'm serious. people like you are the reason games are so fucking unoriginal and safe these days. Please find your nearest bridge and jump off it.

This. OP is culturally bankrupt.

Think of what sells. Look at CDPR, their game looks exactly how cyberpunk is supposed to look. People are not going to be interested in some arab looking shit.

the Middle East is an insanely shitty place with insanely shitty people, but that doesn't mean it can't be a good setting. just as long as it isn't some idealized
>OH WOW look at how cool advanced Islamic culture is
shit

also this , ask for reference material and maybe you'll realize it's not such a retarded idea after all

Did you guys know that the middle east invented Assassins? They were called Hashshashin, and would dope themselves up on drugs and kill people.

>boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/>hired by a game studio to work on a game/type/op/page/1/
Well huh, makes for a interesting point of discussion anyway.
Never heard of it until just now. Watching the trailer, there's obviously some "cyberpunk" influences, but it looks too modern-futuristic to be proper cyberpunk.
Did you miss the parts where I said "The 80's americana aesthetic as contorted by a possible future is pretty important." and "A hyper futuristic aesthetic as created from arabian culture itself can be cool"? It's a sparkling white whine / champagne situation. You don't get the aesthetic and title without the historical cultural background to match, otherwise it's 80's retro-futurism with maybe some corporate dystopian elements.

The world that CDPR built works so well because it looks like that's how the whole world could be outside of Night City. That's the power of creative vision. Cyberpunk isn't a location. You could have a cyberpunk story take place on the moon.

Here you go you fucking moron. I know you couldn't imagine this in your brain so here's a reference picture.

Attached: 601EC74F-B13E-4283-958C-246141F4D94F.jpg (395x600, 85K)

t. liberal shills and/or arab ragheads

I don't mind it being set in a desert, but get those fucking sandniggers with their insane religion out of there.

Deus Ex already did it you faggot

Why do you retreat to your imagination? Do you realize how childish that makes you look? No wonder you have such a sophomoric view on cyberpunk.

That sound cyber punk af

Here's a fucking SOURCEBOOK for the game that Cyberpunk 2077 is based off of.

Attached: C58CB4DF-B8CD-44BD-B37E-075D2973EB0A.jpg (900x1182, 137K)

I didn't see any ragheads beheading people in deus ex

No?

>not realizing it's superior limb based combat guy within a second of reading his post
newfags

Cyberpunk as a genre is a commentary on human exploitation by corporations and unchecked progress. So it's basically perfect.

There's only 1 other person in this thread who has mentioned Islam; they said they don't want it in the game. No one else has mentioned it. Why is there a muslim boogey man living in your head?

wtf isnt that noncanon? also how does that shit even work?

>arab women wearing skimpy clothing with face veils

Why aren't they being beaten to death or arrested by the Ethics Police?

>When we think cyberpunk, we picture Kanji on all the neon signs and things that we see, geishas on the billboards and building ads, noodle shops on street corners.
No we don't. I think of Back to the Future II. I think of the the slums of Hell's Kitchen from Deus Ex.

SUPERIOR

>newfag
I've been here since 2010. This thread just proves that pretending to be retarded isn't actually pretending at all.

fpbp

why wouldnt you work the religion into it. their reliegion is heavily tied to that area of the world. and as a major authority on that society a cyberpunk games protagonist could go up against it. corporations and religion rule the sands. cyberpunks RISE UP to fight it. then again you dont seem to have much imagination.

>t. never been to the middle east

Degeneracy is a human trait, not a western one you fucking idiot.

What the fuck does that have to do with what I said?

Attached: deus ex sandstorm.jpg (1024x576, 85K)

How the fuck would you have a middle eastern setting without Islam? A past setting sure, but current or futuristic? How would that make sense short of Islam being destroyed? And oh man if that is in your setting have fun having your game get blacklisted by sjws and muslims who will get turbo offended at the very idea. if you do a cyberpunk setting Islam has to be there and presented in positive light or else.

What if you just refused to mention it in any way?
What is the worst that could happen?

Cyberpunk is a future where everything has gone to the extreme, at the cost of others. This means that women will be even more oppressed and religion has gone to the extreme. So, I'm guessing this would mean no women on the streets, since they can all work from home via VR etc etc. Cyberpunk is never an ideal future since it's always at the cost of the lowest ranked class in society. Tell that to your dev team and see if they want that in.

Cyberpunk is also and will always be high tech meets low tech.

I'm not saying it would need to be expunged; see . You can, in fact, include religion in Cyberpunk settings. You can also show that religion as being a force for good, evil, or both. This is the brilliant thing with being creative; if you have a brain you can make a lot of weird and seemingly contradictory things work together. Crazy I know.

If there was ever a time and place to portray islam (or any other organised religion) negatively, it'd be fucking cyberpunk.

I dunno, I think it could work with the right mindset.
Even though it was destroyed, I thought the city in Spec Ops was pretty neat. Obviously the aesthetic isn't quite cyberpunk, but it still captures that futuristic feel.

A lot of the concepts in the cyberpunk genre have a lot to do with asian dominance yeah, but it's also from a point of view that cultures have blended together in a weird ecosystem. Thinking about China's big ass highway project from Russia to Africa, it's not too hard to imagine a Chinese influence in a cyberpunk-esque Arabic city. Plus there's a lot of interesting artistic concepts and stuff unique to the Arabic style that could be a neat blend of traditional and futuristic. Since religion is so heavily prevalent in the area, a lot of the art there is calligraphic, making use of the different shapes of lettering, and using architecture as a means of expression.

I think you're letting your personal hangups get in the way OP, it could be a pretty unique setting if done right.

Attached: Spec Ops.jpg (640x360, 57K)

Then sjws and muslims will be angry that Islam wasn't featured or mentioned. If Islam is portrayed negatively it will be problematic(and your game will likely be banned), and if it isn't mentioned at all your game will be panned for not taking an opportunity to explore Islam in the world(your game won't be banned at least). The only way to do such a game would be if Islam was portrayed in a positive light

ie. The player character is a Muslim/converts to Islam and through Islam becomes righteous and seeks to destroy the corruption in the city/world. The city and corps will have to be distinctly non Islamic with Islam as the underdog.

>If there was ever a time and place to portray islam (or any other organised religion) negatively, it'd be fucking cyberpunk.

Then you can enjoy your game being slam,med nonstop by every gaming journalist imaginable, and likely banned at the behest of the Saudis who will find it offensive.

>sophomoric
Oh boy look at him, using the big words.
I just fucking hate Islam more than almost anything else in the world, and want to see it eradicated. If I had the capability, I'd turn the entire middle east into Ground Zero Ocean.

Because you can't have middle eastern settings without fucking Islam.

Because it's a stone age believe that needs to be removed.

Punks make do under and work around the pressure of institutions. In Cyberpunk, those institutions are often corporate. In the Middle East, perhaps they're religious and corporate in nature. Today, many women in the region aren't allowed to do things without men present because of religious law. In a Cyberpunk future, perhaps only men can have transhumanist modifications whereas women must stay "pure". This is just a take that looks at gender but there's any number of ways to approach a Middle Eastern Cyberpunk that draws from the history and challenges of the region and reframes it.

Do you suffer from chronic tunnelvision? Have you ever had a creative thought in your entire life?

>Because it's a stone age believe that needs to be removed.
seems like you didnt read what a wrote. stay dumb retard.

Unironically the most cyberpunk thing that could happen, sign me the fuck up.

Fucking hell. You are so fucking dense that light must bend around you. Unbelievable.

You meant to say "Yes"?

Are you ignorant of how the world works? This isn't the 90s anymore, you can't just make any shit you want in a game now. In early 2000s a game called Kakuto Chojin got banned after Saudi Arabia bitched about one of the characters being a Muslim and having a Koran chant in their theme song. I can only imagine wtf having an entire game with Islam being portrayed in a negative manner would result in.

>Then you can enjoy your game being slam,med nonstop by every gaming journalist imaginable, and likely banned at the behest of the Saudis who will find it offensive
You and others like you are cowards. Corporate stooges who want to make something safe and profitable, that doesn't make a statement, that doesn't say anything interesting but just looks like the things other people like so that you can make a buck. It's taking something transgressive and repackaging it as mass-market trash. Fuck you, fuck people like you.

Coward.

>Oh no think of the Saudi Arabian market, you can do that :'(
This is you.

That's real easy to say when your livelihood isn't on the line. Imagine if a company working for EA did this, mind you EA is a huge gaming publisher.

>funds this game
>trailer and gameplay is shown, story is shown
>sjws freak, rant about it being offensive to muslims
>muslims lose their shit
>endless twitter and instagram campaign against the game by muslims worldwide calling for it to be banned and demanding the deaths of the developers/EA for funding it
>eventually Saudi Arabian government gets involved and makes a statement, saying the game is banned from their nation
>other Middle Eastern nations follow suit
>Islamic clerics slam the game and the developers/EA, issue a Fatwa and say it is ok to target them for death
>turn on CNN and find out the dev team is being held hostage by crazed muslims attacking the studio
>one of them loses his shit and suicide bombs himself, killing multiple people on the dev team
>it somehow gets linked to Iran
>Trump now has to wage war with Iran to retaliate

See how bad this shit can get? To make such a game would be goddamn irresponsible. You may as well just go to a hornet's nest and start smacking it with a stick in that case.

>lol who cares if one of the wealthiest and most influential nations in the world has a problem with the game, just ignore them sillyXD

>hasn't read When Gravity Fails

And you call yourself a cyberpunk expert. is right lmao

>all of this shit happening
>not being the PERFECT excuse to finally wipe out the ragheads period

Struggling to see the problem here.

That a large contingent of this board voted or would vote for a man who is so eager to bomb a country over a shot down drone, while at the same time fearing the creation of art that might provoke a different country, is totally unsurprising yet still pathetic.

Do you seriously want WW3 to get started because of a fucking video game? Come on man.

Firstly
>Muh slippery slope
Secondly
For people who aren't uncreative hacks like you, there are a myriad of ways to portray Islam in a negatively light in a tactful and thoughtful manner.
Thirdly
Cowardly corporate bootlicker.

Read a fucking book. The world is more complex than your goddamn video game drama.

Trump didn't want to bomb Iran, it's the Republicans. They keep pushing for it, he has to try to appease them while avoiding war at the same time. Don't you know the Art of the Deal? The man knows what he's doing.

I don't care how it starts. I only care that Islam is wiped from the world and all traces of its existence is erased.

If it makes you feel better, I hold other religions in similar disdain, but to a lesser degree. At least they can, by and large, coexist with modern society. Islam cannot.

No

Lol that would be hilarious.
You’re retarded though if you think it’s possible

He is not bettering the United States' relationship with Iran. I think it's safe to say that's a non-partisan uncontroversial statement. We shouldn't fear the creation of transgressive art, we should fear the powerful who get to decide to tear up treaties or fire missiles.

>one of the wealthiest and most influential nations in the world
This is what m*slims actually think

False

How about making the villain of the game a woman? Like some female Djinn that got loose and slowly took over turning the middle east into some fucked up decadent hellhole, and you are a man who converts to Islam and realizes the error of society and decides to wage Jihad on her and her minions? You can make her look like Kim Kardashian too, she looks like a slut, right?

>I'm sorry but cyberpunk is inherently Japanese. When we think cyberpunk, we picture Kanji on all the neon signs and things that we see, geishas on the billboards and building ads, noodle shops on street corners.
You realize Bladerunner was set in Los Angeles right retard

Attached: it will end in tears.png (1535x2048, 3.76M)

There is a very, VERY good reason why these 'wealthiest nations in the world' are not allowed to have WMDs.

Did you forget the 1970s Oil Crisis because the Arabs were butthurt about Israel?

LIMB
I
M
B

>supernatural elements
>in fucking cyberpunk

How about hell fucking no?

No

The idea of women in plastic/faux-leather burkas is oddly hot.

Oh no, they might make gas a little more expensive.
They don’t even have like fifth of the world oil reserves. We just want to use all their oil first so they can go back to eating mud

See, she'd be perfect for the part of an evil female djinn ruining the middle east and subverting islamic values

Attached: kimk.jpg (1600x2158, 660K)

>he thinks the Saudis don't have nukes

>it's another "I work at a game dev" thread
This nigger has been "working" on a bunch of different games and they all have some meme social issue attached. Stop replying you mongoloids

>he thinks the saudis have nukes

Not his fault he's dynamic and putting himself out there in the game industry while you sit on your ass. The world likes a go getter, sport.

Have Sex

>cyberpunk is inherently Japanese
Stopped reading there, you didn't even google before spewing this shit

What if the Caliphate is formed in the Middle East, like what ISIS attempted but failed to do? What if they exist in opposition to the corporation-led world of the West? What if the material conditions are in fact BETTER in the Caliphate compared to a West fractured by infighting and corporate control, but some human rights in the Caliphate are directly suppressed compared to the "anything goes" West? What if there are people with transhumanist augmentations (banned in the highly conservative Caliphate), who have a reformist Muslim religion, who work at the edge of society, begrudgingly backed by Western corporations, to make a living in an empire that makes life nearly impossible for anyone that doesn't fit in? That's more cyberpunk than a dark American city with neon Japanese signage.

yeah but then I can't play as a cyber samurai dude with a katama

Ok but what if I changed your mind

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_MV5BM2ZhY2I0OTktZTkxOS00NjI2LTgxYWI (650x497, 43K)

Problem is that the inherent nature of Islam is such that it is utterly incompatible with anything remotely approaching modern values. There is no such thing as 'moderate' Islam.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0iyD2D4J7yY
Pressed send before pasting link by accident

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_D8ilIjVU8AAyITO.jpg (1200x675, 148K)

>The man knows what he's doing.

Attached: 1505302547411.jpg (996x720, 98K)

I thought cyberpunk had fantasy races and dragons, wtf

Holy fucking shit, you are worse than those heavy metal fucktards that always have to say "oh no it's not heavy metal it's garage band metal." They always have to one up you in conversation by pointing out how much more knowledgeable they are in the subject with the shittiest justification.

That is the equivalent of you and cyberpunk you have to spout off bullshit about americana but really that's just asinine. The cyberpunk aesthetic should be able to expand and be combined with other cultures, if it can't grow then it becomes stale and dies out simple as.

that's shadowrun and shadowrun isn't cyberpunk

>modern values
We're not talking about "modern values" (which you have refused to define btw), we're talking about cyberpunk which is partly defined by the degradation of values in general.

Attached: Ghost-in-the-Shell.jpg (1920x1080, 235K)

the point in cyberpunk is the punk is out in the open, the people in leather with the mohawks and augs and gene therapies and shit are out in the open, same for the trannies and the druggies. In an Islamic run state, those people would all be killed. Islamic cyberpunk would just be Dubai with flying cars, crazier looking buildings and roads, and tons of people dressed as they are now in burqas and robes, lest they be killed by the cyber assassin police who are everywhere monitoring everyone. Your "punk rock" guy with his mohawk would get his brains splattered the moment he even set foot in that place.

Kek why western shits are so fucking NPC? They literally only do the fucking same cookie cutter shit. Can't they make something new like lain or Gits sac? The Venezuelan devs who made a unique cyberpunk game seem much more talented than any western devs.

Are you lost? Were you meant to send this as an e-mail to the studio?

It's a slightly edited copy pasta. Makes for fun banter at any rate.

they wont listen to me, they're pozzed as fuck

japan is the least cyberpunk place in all of Asia, have sex and dilate

>Cyberpunk is an aesthetic
Yeah, you're a retard.

No, you weren't hired by a game studio. You weren't hired to make a hyper realistic fighting game either. You also didn't have a publisher change all your ideas because the team disagreed with you. Stop posting this same fucking thread with some minor changes.

Attached: 1560862398918.png (645x773, 11K)

>>it's a third person shooter/action game hybrid(I guess like a hybrid of Anarchy Reigns and Gears of War?)
Shut up entirely about the setting and spend all your argumentative time and energy polishing the fuck out of that combat system. Anarchy Reigns deserves a successor. Let them shit all over the “cyberpunk” setting or whatever, you keep your mouth shut and don’t speak up until someone says the words “I think that’s too complicated for the average player” and then you pitch your fit.

Attached: gits-19958-1490104329319_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

>Conveniently forgets USA, EU and basically every modern civilization had been founded through slavery.

Opinion discarded. Arab cyberpunk desert sounds kino. Better than muh 80s retro repeated garbage

The connection between Japan and Cyberpunk/Neo-Noir settings is wildly outdated now. It used to make sense when they were technological giants, but Korea and even Taiwan has passed them by miles. Korea especially is on pace to be THE technological capital of the world.

Western cyberpunk games are basically all about killing thugs and shit. It has no culture or lifestyle. Everything is about guns. Enjoy your pewpew cyberpunk.

Attached: E727341F0E7463F1C62A82CF28E552C4BD6109C6.jpg (1280x960, 191K)

Attached: 05.png (1435x858, 2.52M)

What exactly does korea have? I would rather bet on Shenzen in China.

Shenzhen is the hardware capital of the world, sure enough, especially with tech corporations like Huawei popping up. But Samsung is huge. People really don't quite understand the technological grasp Samsung has. They have their hand in everything, especially new forms of display. Korea is also home to most bleeding edge surgical machinery.

For one thing, it doesn't need "modern" values, they can be fucked up values, just less or differently fucked up than the diehard conservative Muslims.

Second of all, it's the future. Christianity of 1100AD is pretty different compared to the Christianity of today. What if there's an Islamic Reformation, and it's effectively a new religion that shares the roots but went in a new direction? What if this sort of thing is forbidden, and they're ostracized like a Protestant in a Catholic country a few hundred years ago?

>I'm sorry but cyberpunk is inherently Japanese. When we think cyberpunk, we picture Kanji on all the neon signs and things that we see, geishas on the billboards and building ads, noodle shops on street corners.
Wrong retard. Its true that we usually associate Cyberpunk with these imageries, but A) That doesn't mean that they define Cyberpunk and B) these images actually mean the complete opposite of what you think. Its there to signify that thanks to increasing globalisation of companies and nations, the increasing power big corporations have, and the sacrifice of established customs in the name of progress, old fashioned concepts like national borders and distinct cultural identities have broken down and all meshed into the same lowly cesspool, a amalgamation of societies, all under the heel of global corporations. Billboards of sexualized women in burqas could be a great concept for cyberpunk, as it shows how old, traditional concepts that have played a big role in a society for a thousand years in something as sacred as religion, now only exists as a hollow shell, a fetishized neon marketing gag for companies to sell a product.
You jacking off to japanese symbols can still be there, and your team seemingly understands the ideas of Cyberpunk far better than you, and wants to do something unique instead of just Blade Runner 2.0. Just shut up and do your job.

Attached: 1559937949394.jpg (556x418, 31K)

What if punk is a relative thing? They do what they can. That's the bitter truth of Cyberpunk anyway: the punks want to live their independent life, but there's really no getting away from the corporations, they're just doing the best they can. The punks in an Islamic state would do the best they can.

Attached: F7D563FB-6E3D-412E-907B-84A9FBBF3593.jpg (949x1105, 147K)

he's perfectly right
video game journalists grilled games like Watch Dogs 2 for not naming Middle Eastern characters as specifically Muslim
they say it's cowardly and it was only done to avoid angering Islamophobes

besides, i don't really see the point of making an IRL Middle East-based setting if you ignore the central part of their civilisation

if it means conventional war with ragheads?
who the hell doesn't want that

this is genuinely one of the stupidest fucking things I've read on this site and you're not even trying. do you have no imagination at all? you can't conceive of anything that hasn't been done before? your life must be fucking sad man holy shit. the game concept doesn't even sound particularly good but every criticism you have of it makes you sound like an absolute degenerate with no brain cells

I think it is a huge mistake to define and confine what someone can create. Labels should be approximations not limitations.

Attached: tumblr_mzl8a4XiBO1rv2dfko1_1280.jpg (1008x772, 255K)

Europe was founded through slavery? Really faggot?

>ITT: Baited retards

Am I the only one here that recognizes the copypasta?
Thankfully I did a quick search before posting this but I'm still shocked that you're the only one to point this out.

Holy shit. That actually looks kinda cool. Too bad the modern dev that OP talks about will probably base it off of modern Arab cities like Dubai which are absolute shitholes.

>Europe was founded through slavery?
well yeah, serfs were slaves, if you enslave your own people its not slavery?

"europe founded" makes no sense to me. What you can say is that many civs like rome had slavery. It's not the same as burgers one though. They were mostly treated better and could buy their freedom.

Every city in the world has been founded through slavery, retard. Peasants weren't paid well to build cities. Nobody built shit out of passion. Only certain builders like the historical masons got privileges, hence why everyone thinks they are behind every conspiracy in the world. Don't think your country is special, mate. I am Berber and I am aware that even in Africa this shit happened. Shut the fuck up and stop virtue signalling you absolute faggot.

I’ll take that as a concession

>Peasants weren't paid well
Then it wasn’t slavery

That doesn't stop your point and arbitrary gate keeping from being retarded, now you're just retarded with a faux intellectual bent.

I am saying they were barely paid retard. Sometimes when they died they were actually buried inside the bridges and castles they built. You'll find a lot of corpses in old medieval buildings. The point is that wagecuckery/wageslavery was a thing all across the world and retards trying to virtue signal it are retards because it's only gotten better now rather than worse.

>I am saying they were barely paid retard
Still paid. And not always forced to work.

>I'm sorry but cyberpunk is inherently Japanese
No, it's inherently anticapitalist. The frequent use of East Asian aesthetics is just due to the common belief in the 80s that Japan would be the next world economic power.

Wageslavery is still slavery m8.
Sometimes they were forced to work by their local lord tho.

Best cyberpunk location is Hongkong, fite me
>neon sight everywhere
>rainy almost all year long
>gangs and drug
>Kowloon walled city

Attached: AE734D82-EA20-4930-9ADE-53472D5B3DB0.jpg (750x562, 120K)

>Wageslavery is still slavery m8.
lol is that what you tell yourself on the way to work at mcdonalds?

I am still in college retard.

Of course, it's totally Japanese, Johny Mnemonic is full of asians in every corner, and so is Deus Ex. Listen here, there is plenty of non-asian cyberpunk, bet you also think RPG and fantasy can only be european medieval

kowloons gate was that. was an aaa game back then and only came out in japan, and a pretty popular cyberpunk game there
youtube.com/watch?v=_TXGIWlJcnc

too bad you dont speak japanese.

>What if there's an Islamic Reformation

bwahahahahahahahahaha good luck getting that off the ground before they get beheaded

You'd need a really damn good general for that. For reformism to work in Islam, you'd need a charismatic reformist. Think Jan Hus if we're going for a Christian parallel. Have him be beloved by the people he preaches to and point out the hypocrisy of the current Islamic world. Then have him die a cruel and unfair death. Have the people rise up and spark up a revolution with a cunning yet kind military leader. Think Jan Zizka. A Quranist Islamic reformation akin to the Hussite Revolution would be fucking kino, especially if they outsmart the enemy with shittier weaponry than them. Too bad that'll never happen because most Muslims don't even read the text they preach and just hear it from second hand sources as well as the dumb fan fiction the is the Hadith

Attached: Hussite Wars.jpg (340x464, 88K)

There's no need for an islamic reformation, how about the punk and long leathered guys who represent the cyberpunk are chased by the non ciberpunkish ppl??, they'd be a contraculture, a corruption of modern tech, illegal designs with scraps and psycodellic drugs and that shit, you guys have minus three bazillions of imagination

Yeah, exactly, they don't know their word, they're just told romantic tales of bombing and killing people that believes slightly the same or very similar things, I wouldn't be surprised if they even got second hand sources on the very religious madrasas.

To bad uncultured racist swines will tell you that the problem is the book and not the manipulative interpretations or straight up non written things, making everything difficultier

Then maybe afterwards you will realize your commie teachers were wrong

the book flat out says to kill unbelievers, to beat your wife, to kill gays, and that its ok to lie a bout the truth of islam to fool nonbelievers

Kanji originates in China you dope. Do you even know why old cyberpunk shit had kanji everywhere?
Because China was having an economic boom and they were expected to become an economic superpower.

Indeed, that's the case, I know several people that have never touched the Quran but preach literal bullshit that I've never fucking read in that book. Malaysians and Arabs are the worst in this too. At least from my personal experience anyways. It's because most modern-day Muslims actually can't read, they are mostly either illiterate or are too brainlet to understand metaphors, and a lot of the scholars are extreme manipulators working with the Islamic Governments to control the people, it's a conspiracy as old as the medieval era and it's still ongoing to this day. Propaganda fills their media and there's barely any truth to be found unless you personally become literate or study abroad, but even then you'll fall for dumb propaganda that's been spread by those same Islamic leaders across the world. Because the Hadith is the biggest fucking meme that people still believe. Either way, you'll need someone pretty smart to cause a reformism, there was someone in Libya in WWII that was close to doing that but he got executed by the Italians. So ultimately that never happened.

Literally all of that is the Hadith retard. Written 100 years after Muhammad's death and usually combined with the Quran by retards the same way that some Christians combine Apocrypha with the Bible. It's the biggest fucking meme and most of the world has fallen for it.

Attached: Tintin punch.gif (500x383, 485K)

cringe

pretty sure the koran says mohammaed had a 9 year old wife

Really now?
>Some traditional hadith sources state that Aisha was betrothed to Muhammad at the age of 6 or 7;[17] other sources say she was 9 when she had a small marriage ceremony;[18] some sources put the date in her teens; but both the date and her age at marriage and later consummation with Muhammad in Medina are sources of controversy and discussion amongst scholars.

It's literally the Hadith that says that. The Quran is different from the Bible because it doesn't talk about just Muhammad, it barely even mentioned Muhammad, the Hadith fan-fic was literally created for Muslims to hero-worship Muhammad even though the whole point was to not do that. Most people debate over whether or not Aisha was 9 when she married Muhammad because sources actively contradict each other there. And most of these sources are indeed the Hadith. Reminder that the only person that had any connection to Muhammad was working on the Hadith collaboratively with other people and then was mysteriously assassinated before he finished it.
There's also the fact that the Hadith was created SPECIFICALLY so that Islamic leaders could do shit like pedo marriages and say "Look Muhammad did it according to the Hadith and it's totally true despite being written 100 years after his death therefore we can do it too". It's a pure fucking meme.

Attached: 1551561516003.jpg (636x466, 18K)

modern values are detrimental to the building of a cyberpunk society. Look like that the people who made the game that op work might be familiar with the dark enlightenment