Why did they go out of their way to remove these from the game? licensing reasons?

why did they go out of their way to remove these from the game? licensing reasons?

Attached: maxresdefault (9).jpg (1280x720, 204K)

probably to avoid confusion in multiplayer

100% licensing reasons, now that cloud and dq hero and whoever else are getting amiibos, they can't guarantee they'd get permission to use in mario maker, so they removed them so people wouldn't ask why those few didn't have anything.

because people were doing nothing but stupid boring theme levels

Nintendo didn't want Super Mario Bros. making up a majority of stages.

laziness

I hope they will return in a future update, even if it's just the Nintendo costumes.

They might put them in in an update later
I dont really care since we can play as best girl toadette now I dont need anyone else
And yes theme levels sucked, the novelty wore off really fast but they kept coming

REAL ANSWER: because the online Multiplayer

Attached: koopa animation.jpg (363x563, 45K)

Licensing issues. It was also an easy way to add in extra playable characters, but that's not necessary in this game since they have Luigi/Toad/Toadette fully implemented. If we get further updates, I'm predicting something more along the lines of Superball Mario, sort of nostalgia power-ups that have a little more to them and have unique properties. Fully expecting a Metal Mario costume eventually.

It was a lot of work and most people didn't use them because they were only available in the shittiest theme anyway.

Yeah, but what about all the first party stuff? I'm sure nobody would've minded if only the Nintendo owned ones returned.

Wii U is soul.
shitch is soulless.

Amiibo are phased out

amiibo needed a huge push back when MM1 came out to offset Wii U's massive failing in sales. amiibo ended up doing alright on their own and Switch is doing well too, so no need to put in the extra effort.

>new kid can't eat peanuts because he's allergic
>now the whole class can't have them either

>each character has a highlight of their respective color in multiplayer
Wow so hard

ugly

>so no need to put in the extra effort.
There's no effort required, literally just port the old ones over

It doesn't even work in Overwatch, why would it work here

Based and redpilled

That's unironically what happens in schools though.

I assume it's Toadettes fault somehow.

I'm getting real sick of Toadette after being shoved in as forced baby mode in New Super Mario Bros. I wouldn't be surprised if she replaced Peach in a Super Mario 3D World port.