ITT; Style over Substance Games

I'll start with an easy one

Attached: Cultist Simulator.jpg (600x800, 274K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/582270/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Naughty Dog past gen 6

zelda games past OoT

The majority of indie games, Ruiner comes to mind

Cultist Simulator was fun, but it lacked content. 50% increase in stuff could have made it excellent.

GTA4
Superbrothers sword and sorcery
Saints 3
BotW
Original Persona 3
Mario kart 8 (when compared to other Mario Karts)
Shank
Guacamelee
Beholder
Yooka Laylee
Hyper Light Drifter
One finger death punch
D44M

Not a fan of the game but how is Cultist Simulator style over substance? It's literally just an empty board with some icons that represent events, it's literally 95% substance by the literal definition of the word.

Actually this game had so much substance and it threw me in the deep end so hard that I got bored of it

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 34K)

Grinding doesn't count as substance.

butthurt, and also doesn't know what style over substance means

Attached: 93FF88E3-A823-4208-89AF-DD97A97ED38E.jpg (616x353, 27K)

>cultist simulator is grinding
I too make up ridiculously untrue things about games I've never played

Tokyo 42, pretty much.
Also Below probably qualifies, but I haven't played that.

Attached: Tokyo_42.png (448x222, 42K)

Yknow, not every game needs to have gameplay, but you cant price it the same as your average video game because you say its the same as a game.

>posts a shitty game that has neither

dilate

FUCK Mansus FUCK Glory and FUCK Forge of Days

Do you have zero reading comprehension? He's saying that Gris isn't a real videogame and therefore shouldn't cost as much as one, if it was free or just a few dollars I agree that people wouldn't hate these ridiculous pretentious fucks

If only we knew that Jonathan Blow and Braid was only the start all those years ago, at least he had some fucking gameplay

that game gave me a headache. way too many things to keep track of

Reminder that you can "hold" cards with your cursor/hand so it won't be forced picked into magnet slot

I gave up when I casually drew 3 dread cards in the span of one minute. Again. I just can't find a reliable way to deal with these.

I played this shit for 50 hours until I had an epiphany that the game employed tricks to keep me stuck in an addictive gameplay loop, that it was an elaborate clicker game and I was doing the psychological equivalent of sitting at a slot machine for 50 hours. Total waste of time.

Take drugs or go to strip club

The club is part of the problem that randomly draws dread. And drugs only postpone the inevitable.

You can get free contentment if you don't have any rivals/hunters or lovers.You can also paint to get one or just yolo with fascination

>not every game needs to have gameplay
sounds like tranny talk to me

You can say that about any game lol

Like Xenoblade
I played this shit for 120 hours until I had an epiphany that the game employed tricks like Story and Characters to keep me stuck in an addictive gameplay loop, that it was an elaborate clicker game and I was doing the psychological equivalent of sitting at a slot machine for 120 hours looking for those damn Back Slash VI gems. Total waste of time.

Pretty much every Suda51 game.
Still love them though.

Attached: fsr.jpg (1280x1024, 751K)

Another game that came to mind: Everything.

but muh over 100000000 gorillion words

Every game is style over substance? Are you an idiot?

store.steampowered.com/app/582270/

Is there any difference between Never-No and An Open Soul imagination skills?

>Grinding in Cultist Simulator
you what?

it doesn't even fucking have style, it's just shuffling cards across a board

I'm just happy people know about Cultist Simulator

Yes Xenoblade is probably a waste of your time too. Most video games are garbage compared to books or film.

Same. I didn’t enjoy it after the first few hours but am happy for it to be talked about

this repetitive piece of shit

Attached: Darkest_Dungeon_Logo.png (460x215, 185K)

Can confirm, Below is like that. To be honest, it doesn't even has much style.

Killer7 although the game is so stylish it works

kys pleb

I thought it had more substance than style personally.

Attached: Persona_5_cover_art.jpg (220x312, 23K)

Story is style AND substance.
Visuals are style AND substance.
Gameplay has practically no fucking style.
Killer7 isn't style over substance at all, it just is a brilliant story with gameplay that isn't very good.