These video games don't get the appreciation they deserve. Discuss

These video games don't get the appreciation they deserve. Discuss.

Attached: Underappreciated video games.jpg (3192x3020, 2.46M)

Those games fucking blow.

No they don't.

Yes, they do.

Good discussion.

No, they do not.

hey remember when brand recognition alone wouldnt carry bad games and gamers were able to do critical thinking?

Attached: 1503277734348.jpg (280x373, 23K)

Hey remember when people played games themselves before judging a game?

I own all these games and somehow liked them as a kid. Nowadays i couldnt play em if i tried.

Attached: BD060E8C-ED6A-4C36-A1B6-E6C5766F53B8.jpg (248x238, 15K)

Hey seriouse question were you born in 1998-1999?

Yes, in 1999.

Unleashed is the only good game there

Well go ahead and properly explain why?

leave sonic unleashed out of your b-tier mascot orgy. it is to be appreciated by autists and autists only

Attached: big man.jfif.jpg (1023x879, 74K)

Meh, meh, meh, no, no, meh.

Makes sense I guess it's about the time people my age would start making nostalgic posts, anyways I was never really a crash or spyro guy but I did really enjoy unleashed.

I've only played the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed. It was okay. I found the wherehog stuff boring at worst.

Spyro Dawn of the Dragon is one of the best Spyro games though. I fucking loved that game. Titans was an interesting game, but they utterly raped the aesthetics of Crash and every other character.

Crash Bash is the best Crash and that never gets mentioned.

>Spyro Dawn of the Dragon is one of the best Spyro games though
Yes. But it's not appreciated enough. That's why it's here.

Never played the spyro ones but I can agree. I honestly believe if the crash titans games had absolutely nothing to do with crash and were original they would've been considered hidden gems. But I unironically liked some of the wii version of unleashed and that Mind over Mutant had great designs so what the fuck do I know.

I vaguely remember playing the DS Version of Crash of the Titans when I was a kid, actually. It wasn't bad. Unleashed on the Wii was okay, but even as a kid I thought the Night stages, though kinda cool (I fucking loved the bosses), went on for a bit too long. Also fuck those 'platforming' segments with the poles. Precision aiming with those pieces of shits was awful.

Is Crash of the Titans on consoles worth going back to? I've finished my current back log of stuff and have a ps2 emulator basically collecting dust for the time being.

Speaking of games that don't get talked about a lot, does anyone remember Spyro: A Hero's Tail? That and like 5 minutes of some Spyro GBA game were the only Spyro games I've ever played. Thinking of trying it out again.

Attached: 1546188328556.jpg (1024x683, 141K)

>Is Crash of the Titans on consoles worth going back to?
Yes. Mind over Mutant as well.

>unleashed on ps2
pleb taste confirmed. only the ps3 and xbox 360 versions are good, and yes those are worth discussing, but not the ps2/wii versions. also idk about those spyro games, I've only played the original 3, the remakes and enter the dragonfly on gamecube which was awful.

>Is Crash of the Titans on consoles worth going back to
Played it a year or so ago again. Its ok but treat it for what it is. Go for MoM too if you like Titans as well.

>and enter the dragonfly which was awful.
Ftfy since its bad in general regardless of the console.

Man, that's no excuse. I'm a 98fag that grew up with the original Spyro and Crash games and OPs games are horseshit.

You're horseshit.

I remember those crash games being surprisingly good.

spyro in new beginning looks like an evil baby lmao

Bump

Nigga, a fun, snappy platformer got turned into a shitty brawler with non-existant level-design and ugly monsters that you were forced to interact with and a charming, smooth collectathon was turned into a soulless edgy action game with stupidly linear levels and an annoying dismissal of character personality.
Fuck those two sub-series, they're some of the most offensive excuses of Reboots in video game history and there's a reason they killed their respective fucking series.
Yes, I'm fucking mad. Fuck these games.

Attached: 1532727553499.jpg (981x981, 75K)

Fuck you. You're wrong.

The crash bandicoot redesigns were shit, the sound effects were reused from simpsons hit and run, the series strayed way too far from its roots, and FUCK FUCK FUCK TINY TIGER’s REDESIGN

Bump

Bump!!

dawn of the dragon is the only decent game there. the rest of those are fucking awful, some of the lowest lows of each respective series

WRONG.

Stop bumping you fag, no one wants to talk about your fucking decent games.

summon the cards

Only people that like them discovered the series with those games. Which makes them zoomer.

Only people who haven't played them dislike them, boomer.

clearly never played any of those series before the year 2000 if you think any of those are passable titles

Fuck you.

Ah, fuck you, leather man!

>ps2 sonic unleashed
Fuck no. PS3/360 reigns supreme and is really underrated. The last Sonic Team game that has any SOUL to it.

>Spyro: A Hero's Tail
>some Spyro GBA game
Was it Adventure (aka Attack of the Rhynocs in America)? If it was then they're both fun even as an adult, check them out.

I really liked new beginning as a kid

I like them all.

>these games were panned by most of the fanbase so let's pretend they were great nowadays
Man, Yea Forums was right, they really are the contrarian board!
Yes I know Unleashed had its strong points but it's grown rather tiring seeing the sonic fanbase's mentality of let's put a previous game on a huge pedestal now just because the newer games (except for Mania) have been shit.

Attached: 05.png (640x480, 317K)

/thread

fpbp

Those first two Legend of Spyro games were the most boring, repetitive, unfun things I've ever had the misfortune of playing. The visuals are so murky and unpleasant you can barely see shit, 9/10 of the enemies you fight are identical and only palette swaps, the melee combat you'll be using most of the time is basic as fuck and unenjoyable. By the end of each I was using the electrical attacks to throw enemies off of ledges just so I wouldn't have to fight them.
>that 12 hour arena fight in Eternal Night
Seeing as the third game was still only like a 6/10, I'm convinced the only reason anybody gives a shit about TLoS is because they just liked the characters or the face value aesthetic shit.
>This game has Elijah Wood AND Gary Oldman AND David Spade/Billy West/Wayne Brady! 10/10!
If Cynder and the guardian dragons were in the next Spyro game not a single person would bother asking for a remaster.

Attached: laura-anderson-reignited-ignitus-edits-smaller.jpg (957x1250, 280K)

Yea Forums should be 24+

The only ones I'd call decent are the third Spyro and half of Unleashed.

To be fair, it's specifically the PS2 (and Wii by extension) version OP is posting about, which is horseshit compared to the real PS360 version.

Eat. Shit.

>The visuals are so murky and unpleasant you can barely see shit
I think you're thinking of just The Eternal Night there user, which I agree that game was /terrible/ in the aesthetics department because of this.
I do personally like the LoS series for what it is, but that scorpion fight on the pirate ship in the middle of The Eternal Night is singlehandedly the only reason I haven't replayed that series in years.

I actually enjoy Crash of the Titans but mute the cutscenes. It’s early internet humor comes through in the worst kind of way. Makes me anti nostalgic for 2007 internet humor

>muh knockoff God of War combat!
>muh dark and gritty reboot for a mature gamer like myself!
>muh-muh-muh CELEBRITY VOICE ACTORS!
Nah, you've got shit taste in video games.

>reee you can't hit enemies in games because gow hit first!!
Fuck. Off.

This desu

Attached: 1512644540935.jpg (298x292, 22K)

Get some fucking taste you fucking boom boom.

The ps2 spyro/crash games were barely advertised, and even kids were aware that the old developers has moved on to more "mature" games.

Unleashed on the 360 probably portrayed raw speed better than any other sonic game.

I'm the one not following a bandwagon, what do you want from me?

Eat shit.

Rude.

The first 3 spyro games are really the only ones worth playing. Hero's Tail wasn't very good and it was much better than the Legend games. I'm sorry bro but its actually your taste that is ass.

It's ok to like bad games. I like Speedy Gonzales on SNES and its pretty shit.

Attached: 15747633_1890085484559583_1202694201932713790_n.jpg (960x808, 44K)

Dawn of the Dragon shits all over the first 3 Spyro games.

Too derivative, the stories suck and graphics too.

Oh, well if this was a bait thread the entire time you could have just said so

Keep seething, boom boom.

I’d post a hook but that would be too much effort for you

>Dawn of the Dragon
Is a very mediocre action game dude. its like a 6/10 at best

Attached: 3745244.jpg (200x200, 13K)

look at that complete lack of an argument

I remember the first Spyro ps2 game being severely glitchy, that's when I first became aware of legal bullshit, I fired up my dial-up and discovered that Insomniac didn't make that game. To a kid that young it felt like a horrible betrayal

Keep seething boom boom. I have played the first 3 Spyro games and they're the most dull garbage I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

I'm honestly glad N. Sane and Reignited came out. They're pretty halfassed remasters, but at least those grown up PS2 kids have a chance to play actual Crash and Spyro games.

>keep seething
its not so much I'm seething. its more like I'm in awe that you really think these legend games were so good. prolly bait

Attached: 1551235114019.png (600x444, 436K)

Go sleep, boom boom.

>of all the mediocre ps2 crash games the faggot OP fails to mention twinsanity
Awful

that's not even how you say it, stupid shitposter

I'll actually say that Heroes tail is actually really good for what it is. If they kept doing those style of games as opposed to the legends series I think they could have had something really solid going.

>468239341
And yet you have no way of proving it other than just saying "yeah I played it, trust me"

>Boomers seething because people don't care about their shitty boring dull Spyro games
Kek.

>spyro 1-3 gets remade
>the others get ignored
????

Attached: 1490469159193.png (500x465, 116K)

There's an order to go through, boom boom.

It wouldn't even be that bad of a thread if you at least explained why you think all this stuff is better and what even makes the old games boring, but all you're doing is just throwing words like boomer and seething around like silly string. It's not an argument. That's why it's coming off as bait to so many people, we've seen this song and dance before. It's a posting style that's kinda hard to miss and you're not even doing a good job with it.

Attached: 1560756678370.gif (239x209, 3.44M)

This. Nobody over the age of 7 could enjoy nu crash or nu spyro. Sonic unleashes is overrated as fuck.

You really think they'll remake those games huh?

Attached: 1345125618499.png (169x172, 53K)

yeah twinsanity is truly awful and bad game yet Yea Forums praises it like its some hidden gem just because their waifu is in it and it has bunch of unused content in it(just because it COULD have BEEN good game doesn't make the end product good).

I hope nothing post ND Crash and Insomnia Spyro gets remade. New games are what this franchise sorely needs

This amount of seething is unhealthy for your old heart, boom boom.

idk. i think you're the angry one

Attached: oakkkk.jpg (230x219, 11K)

God forbid someone try something new

>be a teenager
>grow up with shit games
>go online and learn that everyone thinks the games I grew up with suck
>throw a temper tantrum on Yea Forums

what a way to reveal you were born after the year 2000

>be an old man
>only play the first boring, dull and all in all uninteresting Spyro games
>think they're good
>don't play the other ones
>think they're bad

Hmmmmmmm....

>seething
Has anybody actually ever used this meme when they weren’t already buttblasted themselves? I’ve never seen a calm or level headed person use this, “cope” or “dialate”.

You reckon every single reviewer on metacritic never played your shitty children’s games either?

>metacritic
HOLY FUCKING BOOMER

just because they tired something new doesn't automatically make it good

Nice job solving the riddle, they are words for when someone doesn't have an argument. Just let the thread die, we're talking to a brick wall at this rate.

Only played Titans, Mutant, and Dawn of the Dragon.

Dawn of the Dragon is trash. The flight mechanic is totally nonsensical. Dragon City was an awful level, and the rest wasn't particularly good either. Valley of Avalar was the game's highlight. I loved the atmosphere, absolutely gorgeous - but I got lost in the level a lot.

Titans and Mutant, however, are okay. They're definitely not Crash Bandicoot, they're shallow as hell (like all Crash games, but they used to have the amazing pacing that Crash is known for), and Titans in particular has the cringiest humor in the series - unskippabled cutscenes too (you could skip in Mutant, but those were worth watching). Mutant was a little weird in the sense that it's marketed as free roaming, but it's just a network of linear paths that you have to backtrack several times, and the camera doesn't turn.

Attached: 7786876576.jpg (640x360, 188K)

None of the Spyro games are even worth it. Enter the Dragonfly is half cooked and like 1/3 the length of the PS1 games, at best you could maybe make it into a $20 expansion pack for Reignited. Hero's Tail is like a 6/10, it's basically fine but still comes across as kind of a budget title that has some wonky unfun shit. Everybody that plays Legend of Spyro only defends the first two titles for their presentation, and there's no way TFB is going to hire fucking Elijah Wood and Gary Oldman to re-record their lines.

If I see a Crash Twinsanity remake, someone is going to have a bad time.

Attached: 1561431905113.jpg (899x812, 208K)

>Boomers this defensive over their shitty dull "go forward and occasionally press jump" ""games""

Holy fuck.

Bump

Now that Crash is being revived the mutant games should stay forgotten and non-canon. Or let's say "different universe"

Again, as long as Twinsanity is also forgotten, it's all good.

Oh god, he's actually gonna keep bumping the thread, isn't he... I'm sure that isn't gonna fly for long.

Go to sleep, boomboom.

i didnt even know that legend of spyro trilogy existed before 2016 lmao

Sonic Unleashed on the 360/PS3 is way better than the PS2 version (which is a downgrade of the Wii version).

The werehog levels on the Wii weren't that bad
Fight me

I won't. Werehog was based.

98fag here, try again. Spamming a thread with bumps just cause nobody wants to talk to your blatant shitposting isn't cool.

Attached: 1560410916408.gif (536x440, 156K)

You mean 88, Boomer?

Werehog is unironically fun on both versions. His levels really aren't bad (and most can be done in under 10 minutes if you don't care about fighting every enemy)
I think Unleashed wouldn't be as good without it.

Based.
Rayman 3, I remember it being a good game instead.

I don't think you know what a boomer is, newfag.

Go to sleep, boom boom.

Go back to tumblr/reddit, newfag.

boom boom boomboomboooom!!

spamming/flooding, good to know, makes their job easier at the very least

BOOM BOOM BOOM!!!!

Not them, but can we real talk for a second. What is even the goal of this thread or your posting in the long run? Everyone knows what you're doing and yet you keep the act up? For what purpose?

This is one time I'd actually respect a mod when he does his job.

Keep seething, you shitty boom booms. The first 3 Spyro games are shit.

You could at least be generous enough to answer my question...

Take your pills and go to sleep, grandpa.

why do you even hate them so much? what'd they do to you?

I remember playing A New Beginning and it was so much fun to chain various attacks while in the air like breathing fire and at the same time headbutt the enemies into the ground. Crash of the Titans was not that bad honestly. Played in multi where the other player would fit into the backpack and you could use the mask to quickly go around. Not that bad as games honestly

Attached: D71D8980-9277-464B-8D90-9E974F2A7091.png (320x320, 100K)

Oh I'm sorry, "grandma".

I've never played any of the spyro games, zoomer

Then we do not need your shitty input here.

And we need your shitty input, zoom zoom?

Crash of the titans was fire as fuck

I have actually played the games, you shitty old man.

>OP actually sat here and attempted to defend this shit

hardly. he's just saying the same thing over and over again, just R&I

Man, you old booms just love to voice your opinions, don't you?

Oh, I forgot to wish you a happy 14th birthday, zoomy

imagine not being able to accept that all these games are sub-par and the version of Sonic Unleashed he chose is literally the worst one (as it's a downgrade from the Wii version).

Gross

4 hours. 4 hours defending the PS2 copy of Unleashed.

Yeah, and guess what, you're gonna become as old as one one day too, so why even act like you're gonna think this way forever? It's only inevitable, it happened to me and it will happen to you

Attached: 1560262568556.png (457x528, 310K)