Can someone please explain to me why in 2019 they still fucking insist in using that jenga coded patched up mess of a...

can someone please explain to me why in 2019 they still fucking insist in using that jenga coded patched up mess of a game engine for their games?
why dont they just make them in Unreal Engine?
I mean what the fuck
having an engine where physics are directly tied to framerate?
so everytime the framerate goes above 60 the physics just fucking explode into a mess?
wouldnt it be better to just license Unreal Engine SDK and make the games in that instead of keep patching up that mess of an engine?

Attached: 26524-0-1504420518.jpg (670x315, 18K)

>why dont they just make them in Unreal Engine
Maybe they don't want to pay money to epic you fucking chink shill

if fucking indie developers can afford it you are telling me they fucking cant?

You're wasting your time, anyone sane has given up on these faggots long ago.

>Unreal Engine?
Obviously because unreal would never be able to do what they need of an engine.
Gamebryo is a compartmental, modular engine.

unreal engine can do fucking Conan Exiles
are you telling me thats not enough for fallout and TES?
>open world
>crafting
>inventory management
>building
>harvesting
>npcs
what else do they fucking need that unreal engine SDK which is the most flexible and easy to use engine in the world cant possibly do?

I'm talking ideological reasons with regards to tencent, it's easy to afford since it is just a flat percentage of money from each sale rather than a one time payment

How people still like their buggy, soulless, pieces of shit games still baffles me

are you telling me that the damage they did to their brand and reputation by releasing fallout 76 in that mess of an engine was worth it?
instead of licensing unreal engine for it?

Developers of Bethesda's size like having in-house engines so that they don't have to jump through additional hoops when they encounter design/implementation problems.

That being said, their engine sucks

>Developers of Bethesda's size like having in-house engines
that implies that they have good in-house engines and have a fucking clue how to code them also

I had to fucking install a third party fix to unlock the framerate during load screens for fallout 4 or else it would have taken 10 minutes for each load
and witht he fix it too less than 1 second to load a savegame
how is it mother fucking allowed something like this to happen

Creation Engine wasn't even theirs to begin with, it was another company's that they bought. It's the same one they've been using since Morrowind with new features ducttaped on every five years

isnt their engine based on an old jenga coded heavily patched gamebryo engine version?
I remember reading this back when fallout 3 got released

Can u mod any of ue4 game the samr
Level as bethesda

yes dumbass
Conan Exiles has like a million steamworks mods

Yeah, it was given a new coat of paint and called Creation Engine for Skyrim
Don't be fooled, it's the same thing

Because they can use the shitty engine and get away with it cause there's always gonna be retards falling for Bethesda

I never got fooled into it being a new engine
>crappy animations
>bugged npcs getting stuck
>bugged quests scripts

the only people with "ideological reasons" to not support epic/tencent is spergy redditors who think something not going on steam is a bigger crime than the holocaust

The engine really doesn't matter. Their games would be buggy messes on any engine. Any problems with the engine they're using could be fixed by modifying aforementioned engine.

You know there are more engines than just unreal and gamebyro right
They could easily use a better but non chink engine

Creation engine is a gold mine of exploitation that will never run out, as they see it. Modders are basically trained developers on a basis of knowing the quirks, so they have an endless supply of free labor that can fix their games and broaden their market.
It's barely usable, but they will keep using it until it can't go any further.

unreal engine was just an idea for a solid easy to code alternative
yes I know there are other engines
considering the average level of their programmers Unreal Engine SDK is probably the easiest for them to use
even a fucking retard can use it

I think the point of 'cant go any further' was reached back with fallout new vegas release

New Vegas and Fallout 4 weren't complete abortions, though they probably were close. It's apparent that they should have been working on a new product after Fallout 3, but it's hard to tell what would have came of it. In some ways sticking to Creation presented more opportunities than attempting to port their games to Unrea. I draw the line at VR and remasters of games in the same engine. Even Valve doesn't do that.

>enginedev hard
>unreal and unity good
>me dumb
Bethesda are a bunch of fuckups because they have five C++ developers.
Fucking FIVE.
Pretty much every single other company that rolls their own engine has a fuckload more than that.

The only reason the games sell is that they're moddable and it's easier to mod with that engine, they'll keep using it as long as retards keep buying their games.

But can you customize your character down to every single vertex?

They own popular IP, that's what is keeping them afloat. But I wonder how much longer will people be willing to look past the problems. I would also love to be a fly on the wall in their meetings after they saw CP2077.

name 5 other games that give you the actual developer level sdk to make mods

Model swaps are not impressive in the slightest and can be done easily in any engine.
Unreal engine's source code is freely available to anyone with an epic account, which means people who want to hack the engine to bits to mod it don't need to reverse engineer it like the script extender teams need to do every single time.