Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ayaWIKM9iRE
youtube.com/watch?v=tr6txZdNcc0
gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/177449/how-do-i-do-the-infinite-ammo-glitch
youtube.com/watch?v=5XhmvYAm5lU
youtube.com/watch?v=Pki3pxyyM98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>speed run is just finding OOB bugs and not a strong grasp on the mechanics

Attached: mpv-shot0010.jpg (704x522, 71K)

Speedrunning is the most autistic thing you could do in a video game

I have a deep admiration for speedrunners that run games without using fucking glitches or exploits, and just play the fucking game without trying to figure out a cheap way to get around something that is a potential time sink in the run.

>The TAS is just arbitrary code execution

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 646K)

>watching Skyward Sword speedruns
your first problem, OP

i don't understand why people have such a hateboner for glitch speedruns, yes they aren't playing the game "properly" but that's why there's an entirely seperate category for glitchless speedruns, some people enjoy seeing how broken a game can get and others enjoy seeing a game sped through legitimately

Arbitrary code execution can be fun, just not in a speedrun because speedrunners only ever use "execute this code so you can make the ending screen come up and that's 'beating' the game."

>pacifist run
>the guy still use poison and auto triggered abilities to slowly kill a boss

Attached: 1554521454157.png (720x1280, 574K)

It is.
Imagine if we harnessed such autism and used it to fuel something else.

If I watch a TAS, I want to see inhuman precision used to perform crazy tricks, not TASBot's creators making sappy fanfiction and loading other games.

Speed running ruined SM64 to me. Just shows how broken that game is.

Banjo is better as it can't be exploited the same way.

It sounds like you would find the category of "glitchless" runs more fun.

You're the reason we get the boring as fuck 3+ hour let's plays instead of games actually done quick

Only autistic people like speedrunning.

There's a difference between glitching as in getting out of bounds and loading up unrelated saves.

>i dont like glitches
>i want to watch the game be played exactly normally but the runner knows where everything is and where to go in a sort of rushed manner
never understood these people.

For me, it's no major glitches any% and glitches OK 100%

i always thought the very early seasons of family guy were quite entertaining. absolutely cannot stand any of the new stuff

Attached: 2ACX06-DaBoom.avi_000603687.jpg (640x480, 143K)

I guess I dont really have a problem with most glitches. OOB stuff can seem a bit excessive but whatever I guess I get it. But its mostly like said. I've been watching Banjo speedruns and both the WRs involve a previous save file having already made progress in some fashion. In the case of Banjo Tooie you need to have fucking completed the game to be able to get the time that is held by the current WR.

Nah. Roleplaying in non-RP games is.

came here to post this

First few seasons are really great.

Personally I think it's fine as long as you don't really need to do anything to the other file.
If you need to do a half hour of setup on the other file then you better fucking count it.

>In 6th grade
>Mini DVD player basically ahead of it's time
>Family Guy was cancelled but had season 1 and 2 in a DVD collection
>Me and the school kids constantly laughing our asses off
It ain't the same...

Attached: 1557469258550.gif (600x502, 37K)

Before they got cancelled, it was pretty good.

>You're the reason we get the boring as fuck 3+ hour let's plays instead of games actually done quick

You want to watch someone fall through cracks in the level geometry over and over, that's fine. Some of us don't like that.

ULULULULULULULULYE
youtube.com/watch?v=ayaWIKM9iRE

>tfw like to speed run some games
>tfw not autistic enough to make it more than a little hobby

Attached: 1545661101453.jpg (527x497, 33K)

>speedrun only counts if its a 6 hour 100% glitchless run

Attached: 1491596527505.jpg (540x304, 32K)

>A full two minutes of the run is bullying the shit out of Graham
>The other three minutes is kicking a bunch of monsters in the head as you fly past them

Good shit.

Imagine being Dracula and hearing this coming down the hallway

so because of the backwards long jump glitch banjo kazooie is a better game, great logic

I do agree Banjo's better but that's some dumb reasoning. Techniques needed to break SM64 will never be used on a casual playthrough unless you want to fuck around or something.

It was alright. Unironically lower quality than seasons 13+ of the Simpsons, which is saying something since that show really let itself go after season 13, after season 11 for that matter. Also lower quality than all of King of the Hill. For my taste, I like American Dad better. I just can't stand the cut scenes in Family Guy, it's such lazy writing.

YOU'RE A PHONY, A BIG FAT PHONY.

A BIG PHONY LIVES HERE, THAT'S RIGHT. A BIG FAT PHONY.

A
BIG
FAT
PHONY
H
O
N
Y

A game being a broken buggy mess isn't enough of a reason?

The new stuff is at least more tolerable than the Simpsons

>speedrun involves literally rewriting the game's code to play the ending by arranging items around in your inventory

Attached: 1559662188169.jpg (414x451, 53K)

>implying you would reply if I hadn't bumped this from page 10
Fuck off cunt

Speedrunners deserve a trip to the back of the oven

Have you ever even played SM64?
The game is damn polished, I don't think I ever encountered a bug in any of my normal playthroughs.
The exploits it has are mostly due to the weird tricks and efficient code the programmers had to write in in order to make the game function on the hardware of a Nintendo 64.

SotN is pretty broken, yeah

Speedrunning is the most degenerate act man has ever come up with.

Attached: Dilation Annihilation.jpg (695x900, 593K)

ocarina of time has tons of crazy shit that you can do and yet almost none of it would ever be discovered by a normal player

that is literally why south park shits on faimily guy so often, the creators insist on writing a certain way that family guy ignore.

south park might be stupid but it at least follows a train of proper writing.

If video games didn't exist I'm sure we would have cracked nuclear fusion at least;
Calculating parallel words in Mario 64 is why humanity will burn up from global warming before cracking faster-than-light travel.

bing bing wahoo

Attached: 1554614506384.gif (483x195, 1.33M)

I tuned in to GDQ a few times to see if anything was interesting and other than like hour long talks with trannys and that neckbeard dude I saw the borderlands 2 speedrun and was confused because it looked like they were cheating instead of exploits. Like whats the fucking point of doing a speedrun if all you do is fucking cheat? Exploits and glitches I understand but this one and only viewing really bum befuddled me, please tell me the rest of it is as much of a joke as that was

what cheating

I never understood this mindset
>Other save is required
>You literally need this save to do the glitch
>If you handed the runner a blank cartridge and asked them to speedrun it they wouldn't be able to
>For some reason the time used on that other file isn't added

>Speedrun involves using a disassembled second controller to fuck with the console's programming

youtube.com/watch?v=tr6txZdNcc0

Ocarina of time will always feel like a beta test to Majoras Mask to me.

All the players were running at breakneck speeds and shooting shotguns like 12 times a second without ever having to reload. Ive never seen or heard of an exploit like that in borderlands so I'm just assuming they were cheating, and allowed to as well considering they were playing a long ass game as well as all the side quests. But I personally think if you have to use some sort of external program to finish a game faster then maybe you should play something else at an event called GDQ

>any %
>completes game in 0%
0% isn't any%

Any% means exactly that everything from 0 to 100% is allowed as long as you reach the ending.

Any% can be any percent, zero included.

I'm literally autistic myself, but I don't have anywhere near the patience that speedrunning seems to require.

Pretty fucking based. This is the reason I love watching glitch runs

gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/177449/how-do-i-do-the-infinite-ammo-glitch

run with "normal" glitches > regular run > literal dogshit > instant warp to the end

>I've never heard of something so I'm going to make an assumption about it
genuine stupidity

Absolutely BASED and retardpilled retard

I hate that about FF7 speedrun.
It doesn't count if you glitch to load a game you spent 60hrs in grinding.

iirc borederlands 2 had a glitch with one of the commando skills that made ADS movement faster, so all light speed takes is
>get ADS speed up skill
>do the thing that causes the game to let you keep the ADS speed when you’re not ADSing
>repeat until your walking is measured in multiples of C

Fuck you, korean ludicrous speed is dumb and unrelateable and also objectively cheating and illegit

>speedrunner is angry the entire time and is constantly swearing and whining when "the game" behaves incorrectly
>doesn't actually celebrate and instead acts smug & entitled when/if they break the record

That B-K record break is a real rough watch

I wanted him to die in the Rusty Bucket Bay engine room so badly

every single 3D speed run ever

>Run just abuses OP New Game+ items that kill all enemies in 1 hit
>No other "speed tech"
Gee I wonder why it's so "fast"

>Speed-running anything other than a plaformer

>speedrunner got fucked over by arbitrary rules, so fucks around while still technically be in the rules
youtube.com/watch?v=5XhmvYAm5lU

Smoke.
How would you design a game based on Family guy

Attached: smoke.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

>speed run doesn't have any tricks or exploits and it's just really skilled, but boring gameplay

What about negative percent?

>speedrun doesn’t go in-depth on just what the fuck they’re doing to bend the game over their knee and fuck it
This shit is the only thing that makes speedrunning content watchable

>speedrun requires dilation to complete

40% completion?

99% of the time it takes very strong mechanical skill to exploit the bugs

What I can never understand is people doing speedruns of 6 hour long JPRGs where 80% of the time is spend mashing through dialogue or running from random encounters.

>where 80% of the time is spend mashing through dialogue or running from random encounters
Don't people do this naturally?

FFIX is probably the only game that encourages this.

>arcade game
>runner is shamelessly credit feeding to get the fastest time

nothing disgusts me more than this. Either 1cc or go home.

Attached: 1438368171948.gif (256x256, 329K)

There's an agreed upon set of rules between the runners of each game for what is allowed in each speedrun category. I'm sure there are runs not using that glitch whose times are kept track of separately. It's all pretty arbitrary anyway.

>Banjo Kazooie runs do this to have every move from the start
>there isn't even a category for not doing it
even though it's pretty minor it still pisses me the fuck off

Attached: 1557924946198.gif (228x211, 267K)

MOOT

>tfw like using speedrunning tech and glitches to sequence break normal games and play them in new ways

it's fun

Attached: big iron.png (500x496, 285K)

>150 IQ
>too stupid to brush his teeth

Attached: marie laughing.png (924x864, 1.11M)

>speedrunner is yet another tranny

Attached: [SCHLOP INTENSIFIES].png (588x391, 481K)

Yea, I speed run, how could you tell, are you a fan, would you like to go down on me?

Attached: 175235420.webm (850x648, 1.69M)

bad ending

Personally I enjoy the pacifist % in games that weren't made with pacifist runs in mind.

>family guy writing
>this is just like when I did xy thing completely irrelevant to the story whatsoever, but here is a short clip of it whats supposed to make you laugh. Also random violence becase lol.

Is this what Scott the Woz does in his spare time?

then watch the category that doesn't have that you monumental retard

Its like watching heavy weight boxing and complaining that the boxers are too heavy

I laughed at a Family Guy joke once.

Why watch speedruns, when you can watch "0 damage taken" runs?

Attached: 1135536826.jpg (333x304, 13K)

>"i want to see speedruns, but only ones with people that are as shit at playing games as i am!"

>I'm just assuming

Well see that right there seems to be the problem

youtube.com/watch?v=Pki3pxyyM98

This
>After talking with members of glitchless category, we have decided that animation cancel is indeed a glitch, as well as walking backwards.
>Unintended ledge grabs and going through dungeons unintended way is also banned
Though "glitchless" speedruns are just a circlejerk of few people who ban techs they cannot do and allow those what they are good at. Utterly cancerous

>TAS
lol no

I fucking love Yuffie but Yuffie Warping is retarded

Attached: 1558057336981.png (1215x1600, 754K)

There were two, the first one on PS2 was actually good.

>speedrun involves glitching your way into the demo savefile that plays if you leave the game on the title screen

Attached: 1559932146387.jpg (676x581, 75K)

glitched 100% runs are the peak
those runs, without a doubt, have the most and the best tech

Seasons 1-3 are great

any% means "the fastest possible without thinking about how much you complete"
if 0% is faster than 1~100% then so be it
also what game