At what age did you grow out of paying for access to video games you could download and own for free?

at what age did you grow out of paying for access to video games you could download and own for free?

Attached: 1561314293389.png (976x658, 272K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why would you pirate games? If you are willing to break the social contract on your convenience, than how can you sleep at night knowing it would be entirely morally justified for someone to break into your house and rape your family members and then murder you?

It's okay to pirate EGS exclusives because publisher's already got paid for them

id like to see them try

>at what age did you grow out of being a good member of society

never

Attached: 1512393704429.jpg (600x800, 124K)

>implying you sleep 0 hours a day
>implying you grow all your food
>implying you tailor your own clothes
>implying you are a trained doctor
>implying you can fight off an army alone
You'd be dead in a day without the social contract and you are attempting to tear it down whenever you pirate a game.

>comparing downloading video games to murder
the state of moralfags

What's with the influx of pirate fag threads?

Sorry valve drone but your shit logic doesn't work

When Darkspore was taken away me after paying 50 fucking dollars for it, and was made so I can NEVER PLAY IT AGAIN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE
I'll never forgive them

Attached: nothing to offer anybody.png (1261x507, 109K)

>stealing something that wouldn't exist without the principles of economics
kill yourself poorfag

>stealing
why does moral faggotry always correlate with low IQ?

I have always pirated. Game companies make enough from regular Joes; my actions don't have a significant effect on sales. I will occasionally pay money when I could pirate if it was a small developer or publisher. That said, there is a moral responsibility to act as you yourself would like to be treated if roles were reversed. But I you also have a greater responsibility to maintain and improve the situation of yourself and your family, especially when the supposed victim of your action is a rich as fuck, abstract legal entity like a big game company. In reality, sometimes 'doing the right thing' is just being gullible. The company doesn't care about you. If a company is charging a stupid price for their game, and I can have it for free, well, sorry but basic self-preservation drives will kick in. If they don't for you, and you aren't very wealthy, then I'd be worried to be honest.

Attached: weeeeen.jpg (228x306, 20K)

>Breaking the social contract a little bit is alright
>And I'll also brag about it online to show how cool I am
This is how you get a country like Greece that can't collect taxes because any business that actually paid would be instantly out-competed and driven out of the market.
This is how you get a country like mainland China where people look away as organ harvesters throw you into the back of their van in broad daylight.

They released a product and you didn't pay for it but still obtained it, that's stealing and no mental gymnastics will change that

why are you samefaging. amigo?

>piracy is not stealing
>someone produces a good that he wants to sell
>make copy without permission
>not stealing
fucking retard

>copying iz stealing
might want to look up the definition of stealing, kike-kun

I would have respect for piratefags if they were doing all of this to keep a budget and/or doing something useful in their lives with that money saved, but they're probably just failed normalfaggot that have something else than vidya but just as useless to waste money on

Attached: 77a21e44be140269d905156b0661e2a8.jpg (4067x5944, 2.36M)

I seriously don't understand this. Why does literally every board pirate all the time, and Yea Forums have such a large amount of anti-piratefags?

Attached: pirate everything.png (743x832, 55K)

>slippery slope fallacy

These goods wouldn't exist in the first place without the construct of intellectual property poorfag

Thats why commie countries never had a booming vidya market before the wall fell

Attached: fruitsofplannedmarkets.jpg (435x580, 289K)

>posting and then replying twice when (You)ed in one thread is samefagging
>all ideas and digital content should be free
>there should never be any incentive for anyone to do anything other than physical labour

Seething

based

Hmm yes, videogames without capitalism are wonderful

Who needs homeconsoles?

>These goods wouldn't exist in the first place without the construct of intellectual property
HAHAHAHAHAHA paycucks actually belive this

Beautiful

I hate paying for the labor of others

When I got old enough that I could afford the convenience of a good service platform and no longer had the time to waste torrent searching/unpacking etc

How old are you?

based

it takes the same amount of time to install the game dumbass . If you play on console you’re just waiting for updates.

Around the time I realized that I'm not a feral third world subhuman and could pay for things I liked and support the further creation of them.

>>These goods wouldn't exist in the first place without the construct of intellectual property
>HAHAHAHAHAHA paycucks actually belive this
Aaah yes, the beautiful, magical videogame market that produces vidya from thin air

Attached: beatifullackofcapitalism.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

It's because some some fanbases claim their games stopped being released in the west, or never got western releases, because piracy is so rampant. Japanese people don't pirate, so the argument goes that piracy is the reason we don't get more Jap games. There is probably some truth in it, which is why it's good to support smaller, niche releases sometimes. But it's more likely that these games don't get released in the west because they're just not popular enough for it to be worth it.

Because anime has a long ingrained culture of piracy due to bad/no western releases on stuff. /g/ doesn't pirate because they use FOSS in the first place. The music industry gave up on fighting piracy and has other supplementary methods such as merch and concerts to monetize. 99% of videogames aren't cool enough to support a clothing line though. Passion projects with a tip jar/patreon can work out, ie Dwarf Fortress, and would be nice to see more of but are not viable for widespread usage; so, by pirating you are encouraging cancerous monetization, ie microtransactions, and actively ruining the medium unlike the other board's cases.

>all ideas should be free
yes, unironically and ideas and digital content already are free, intellectual property is a jewish scheme for easy money that is hurtful to society, the economy and gets in the way of free market
>there should never be any incentive for anyone to do anything other than physical labour
not necessarily

>age 0
i was born a pirate, never paid for anyth8ng except the bf3 humble bundle of 5$

Attached: 1555694616514.png (793x794, 402K)

What is a repack, dick? Yeah i'm the dumbass for not trying to convince someone my way is THE way and having an opinion is "wrong". Sorry I like my Steam overlay, community interaction, and sense of unity in one program instead of windows shortcuts in a folder. I like my online to work without tampering in a third party client or fucking around in some strange setting, but I'm happy for you that you know what you like.

For real when I buy a game all Im thinking is "wow, I think Id like some more of this. It looks like someone worked really hard here"

How do you feed these people if the jewish scheme disappears?

Videogames don't exist without IPs piratefag

Attached: The-Video-Game-Development-World-900x350w.jpg (900x350, 109K)

Alright, then how do you think game development should be funded?

Since I was little I pirated lots of different shit
I'll stop when I get a nice job that can leave some extra money

>sit in an office 8+ hours every day for multiple years
>to make the game you finish in 10-20 hours
>"just a jewish scheme bro xd"
>"these things would get made without the hurtful scheme of paying for something someone else created"

piratefags are kings of mental gymnastics, if you are going to be a pirate atleast accept the fact that you are scum and hurtful to society

Attached: velantroy-7425 750xx5844-3287-0-307.jpg (750x421, 62K)

Actually I grew into paying for shit. I don't have to fuck around with torrents, I don't want miners/viruses and shit on my PC and I like online play. Also, it feels good to be able to pay for the shit I want now that I have a job. I want to get my shit honestly, like I get everything else in my life.

Attached: 1544698634632.jpg (2724x1232, 469K)

Thanks for paying for my copies of games, paypigs.

i would suggest a revival on physical sales, i don't think vydia is important to me enough to justfy the existence of copyright laws and the like
>capitalism wouldn't exist without intelectual ""property""
>"the hurtful scheme of paying for something someone else created" instead of "the hurtful scheme of profiting off information and ideas"
moralfags are kings of intellectual dishonesty, if you are going to be a moralcuck atleast accept the fact that you are scum and hurtful to society
>

Oh shit you're right, now I've been added onto the list of Moral Targets that every rapist and murderer uses! Better watch my back.

I'll do it gladly
>working on something your whole working day is just information and ideas xd
>m-moralfags
>its not piracy its a suprise download

Attached: oof.png (547x592, 61K)

>bro its just molecules stuck in a certain configuration no harm to it

Attached: stealing.png (1000x788, 752K)

>working on something your whole working day is just information and ideas
yes it is, greentexisting it and putting "xd" in the end won't change this factuality
>its not piracy its a suprise download
yep, kings of intellectual dishonesty indeed
>pic
>steal
so you gotta any argument to make or are you just going to make appeals to emotion?

>yes it is
even in a store, when you physically purchase a game, you are purchasing the information on the disk, not the disk itself, which is worth a few cents at most

>appeals to emotion
answer this question without deflecting: Who develops videogames without getting money in return?

>he doesn't know that unlike digital data and abstract concepts physical objects can't be copied and enjoyed and an actual theft would deprive its original owner of the said object
moralni gger and the infinite dishonestness

answer this question without deflecting: Who develops videogames without getting money in return?

> you are purchasing the information on the disk, not the disk itself
you are purchasing the disk with the information inside it, not just the information neither just the disk
>Who develops videogames without getting money in return
not only is this borderline goal post moving but i'm also not making a case for delevoping games for free, i don't see how that is relevant but i will answer anyway: Lots of of developers do but i'm not retarded to think that we would get this big and this far as both an artform and a entertainment medium if there was no financial reward involved.

You have to be autistic not to think intellectual property has value. People agree it does and so it does.

>it's not a physical object, therefore it has no value! checkmate!
people think they're making a great argument but just look retarded

> i don't see how that is relevant but i will answer anyway
Oh it's simple, developers need money to make videogames, which they get from game sales, physical or not

>you are purchasing the disk with the information inside it, not just the information neither just the disk
the fact that digitial distribution is taking over is proof that you are wrong. People pay for the content, not the disk, not the combination.

The physical market is shrinking and with your logic there would be no justification to make videogames in the first place

Attached: Digital-vs-Retail-ENG.jpg (978x721, 135K)

paying is kinda like voting in a partisan state. you can count on enough to pay that your own purchase doesnt matter.

They're seething seeing those of us with jobs enjoying the steam sale

>YOU CANT JUST JAYWALK YOU'RE BREAKING THE SOCIAL CONTRACT THAT'S WHY CHINESE PEOPLE ARE SOULLESS INSECTS

>enjoying the steam sale
>ENJOYING SPENDING MONEY ON 0s and 1s

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1560650350938.jpg (600x580, 170K)

>Japanese don't pirate
PD would like a word with you.

>People actually go out of their way to try and stop pirates
You act as if half of us would even get any of the games we pirate if we didn't get them for free

>Oh it's simple, developers need money to make videogames, which they get from game sales, physical or not
still not relevant to ask me that when i'm not making a argument in favor of developers working for free
>the fact that digitial distribution is taking over is proof that you are wrong.
>People pay for the content, not the disk, not the combination.
i meant that in a legal term, what people have in mind when they buy is beyond irrelevant, if you found out a way to sell games to people in way that they can play directly in their minds without the need for information or consoles and pcs to read that information and make it playable people would pay for that, they only care about playing the fucking game and convinience.
>The physical market is shrinking
yes as a result of cultural change and convinience, some countries like japan still maintain a strong physical market but one in slow decline too.
>with your logic there would be no justification to make videogames in the first place
how so?

We know piracy is immoral.
It's literally named after crime at sea.
We just don't care, we're pirates after all.

>*i meant that in a legal sense
fixed

>YOU WOULDN'T RAPE A CAR

piracy isnt immoral, piracy is evening the score.

Attached: 1561585972852.png (1673x2160, 1.26M)

>PC : when I learnt how to do it
>Switch : a bit before smash ultimate

I have no regrets. Hacking the switch is so goddamn fun

Attached: 1551386973443m.jpg (1024x742, 139K)

Most of the games I pirate are all mixed reviews and fuck me if I'm going trust my money to an online store to refund me when I realize the game is shit. I'd rather pirate the game, have as much time as I want (usually 30 minutes but has been longer than the standard refund window on multiple occasions) and simply not worry about hoping the store gives me a refund.

The same age I grew out of rage comics

>own
no

middle school. friend and i used a FTP server to download HL1deathmatch onto school system.

Actually the older and more mature I got, the more I realized people deserve to be rewarded for their labors instead of trying to justify being an e-nigger and getting the virtual equivalent of gibsmedat that is pirating. You nigger.

What cancerous monetization homie? Pirates don't pay for microtransactions. So why would they care.

I asume you are also going to pay for sex

Attached: dog.jpg (1536x1536, 988K)

t. schlomo

>I don't want miners/viruses and shit on my PC
Only actual retards let this happen while pirating. Although fucking around with torrents can be annoying when dealing with older/less popular games. Online play yes, but no one pirates online multiplayer games.
>I want to get my shit honestly
I do too, but I'd rather save up for a motorcycle while pirating single player games that are likely shit anyway

I am buying something on Steam as I type this but this edit made me laugh kek

I probably would, but I don't want download all that shit to my family pc, and slow it down, and I don't want to buy a pc of my own. I'm also just too lazy to learn how to pirate games, and there aren't many I'm interested in playing that I don't already own besides some snes/n64 stuff, so I'm content to just buy the one or two fun looking switch games that come out every year.

Because I can and you have to be retarded to pay 60€/$ for a game. A game which is often broken or full of microtransactions. I buy quality games I know I'll play many times and even then only when they're on sale for less then 20€. Preordering and day 1 purchases are for adhd zoomers.
Also you think I'd actually pay for thousands of songs and movies in my collection? Fuck no.

Why do these game companies try their best to minimize or completely avoid paying taxes? while I must pay mine or I get in shit? so they can break the law and its fine but if I pirate a game suddenly I'm immoral the pos? sorry lads it doesn't work that way.

What if I came to where you work and stole the products you sold? Or if you're in the service industry, what if I used your services and then did not pay for them? You can call the cops, file suit, or stop me, I'm just pirating your products or services, so you can fuck off.

See how fucked up that is?

i only found a super reliable site for modern games around the time i turned 30. 95% of the games I've pirated are garbage and I will usually buy a ton of merch if the game is really worth it. Vinyl soundtracks(for wall art), tasteful shirts or posters(RARE), etc.

oh no no no no

Attached: 11561618442676.png (1600x731, 696K)

>my family pc

I object to this image.
There are breasts.

imagine paying to play videogames lmao

niqqa stop gibing monay to the kikes (seriously)

>wagefag
>pays for EVERYTHING
>implying he is chad in his little story

>RDR 2
It is shit. Wasted 150 hours on this.

>There is no quality content here you cannot get more quickly and efficiently elsewhere

What is the best way to pirate these days anyway, ive seen people mention fitgirl but no idea what it is. Last time time I pirated a game was years ago on piratebay and now I don't know how to do it. If anyone could recommend a good site to use I would appreciate it.

im new as fuck to pirating on PC, but the worst EYE GEE GEE has done is auto-set a couple chara names to their sitename. MSE and MBAM premium has no isssues with them.

If you're a brainlet just use IGGGAMES and direct download. If you're average IQ, download a torrent client like QBitorrent and VPN software and download from private trackers or magnet links on TPB or IGG. If you're 200 IQ then you'd get yourself invited to an IRC where they're hosting file databases and you get the fastest down speeds but good luck getting an invite.

I pirate everything and buy the ones I like. Reward only for those who deserve it.

bruh the goog share links dl in minutes and torrents are like 50+gb/hr if your dl can handle it. What is wrong with them? been doing it for a couple years now without any issues.

You want to know what age I became a pirate?
*chuckles*
Let me tell you a story.
Hi there. I am a Berber. My parents were Berbers. Recently I have taken up the ancestral duty of Piracy. Now this may seem shocking, but ultimately I have become reliant upon an…”honourable” version of piracy. Years ago I was against piracy and looked down upon it, the only piracy I could condone was temporary piracy, like the time I used limewire to get old DBZ Ocean dub episodes because they weren't available in my country. Years later I bought the DVDs when available to me to pay back for what I assumed were the "sins" of my piracy. But recently, I've come to realise it isn't right for gaming publishers to abandon games and not resell them, and for scalpers to take those games and sell them at extraordinary prices that do not fit the original price of the game. Nor is it right for big publishers to sell a full priced game and then sell you DLC that in total costs around 200+ euros and then makes a shitty half-baked game and sells it for that same price tag (looking at you Imperator Rome 2).

That's the day I finally decided to take up the ways of my ancestors. Pirating abandonware and pirating games and DLCs that are priced unfairly for their quality. If I wish to support the developers, I pay them by buying the game. But if the developer/publisher dares spit in my face. I shall spit back with piracy. Ultimately this is the true lifestyle one should have. Forget about the regretful backlog of 500+ Steam games. Pirate games as trials and demos and then decide for yourself if you intend to buy them, That is my way.
Long live Piracy and long live the Berbers! And Long live the Amazigh free people!
youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw&t=1s

Attached: Pirating for a Just Cause.png (753x1000, 1.15M)

By your twisted logic, reading a book is stealing.
Keep seething normloids. The highest protocol is my states constitution, no american copyright laws

Attached: 1560860676164.jpg (540x732, 77K)

What's wrong with direct download and why is it a brainlets way? It's easy, fast and convenient

when i was 6-7 and the 1st time i bought a game was when i was 16

Never remember a time I wasn't a pirate. My mum learned to torrent after she first got broadband internet so she could pirate Star Trek episodes early. She taught me to torrent stuff after that and the first thing I pirated was Halo for PC followed by Unreal Tournament 2004.

Attached: 31184206_635481133460808_5323579154136825856_n.jpg (750x937, 234K)

Work kept me busy, so I don't buy games on launch, I usually wait a year or more, wait for the prices to come down and then buy them for at least half price or lower.

Piracy is a risk now, I have important work files on my computer and I'd rather not risk having malware or the sort.

Between the ages of 10 and 12
A friend of my sister figured out how to emulate pokemon red/blue, which I didn't own. Then I started looking up other emulators and eventually I stumbled upon a website that had roms/isos and other pc games to download for free.

Buyfags, everyone.

Because I'm selfish. I'm willing to break the "social contract" and I'll still benefit from society all I want because I can.

Attached: 1515367553335.jpg (409x406, 63K)

>me as a teenager
>fuck buying games I'm just going to save money

>me in college
>eh I guess I'll buy these games now. They're fairly cheap on steam and the convenience of having everything there instead of needing to bother with torrents/cracks/patches makes up for it

>me as 27 year old boomer
>yeah, fuck this shit, I'm going back to piracy. The games don't even get decent sales anymore to make it worth my while, and fuck dealing with all these multiple launchers. Also denuvo.

Attached: tiresome.png (1022x731, 643K)

True my friend. I feel so bad for corps.

never EVER faggot

Attached: 1546171789985.jpg (876x599, 162K)

Cuckoldry culture. This board chose the journalism side some years ago. And, of course, journalist defend their patrons. Same thing when defending games as a service and accusing anyone who is not pro-corporation.

>break the social contract on your convenience,
how old are you ?

I grew out of pirating. Now that I have money I'll support the people who make the games/music

>spending money on entertainment
>not buying a car
>not saving for a house
>not buying take out with an extra $60 every week
moralfagging stop pirates

fpbp

kys yourself piratefags

When I became a wageslave and knew how much work I had to do to earn this money. When I was younger my parents bought me games, now when I earn the money myself, I look at most vidya and think it's not worth it if I can pirate. Would rather spend the extra money on better food or something.

I was an adult when I bought my first game because I didnt have the money to buy them before
I dont think I've ever met a person who actually bought games in the 80s

Why would I pirate games, when I only play multiplayer games online?