So what's the verdict on UnderRail?

So what's the verdict on UnderRail?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 47K)

its a nigger

Good atmosphere and character building, really bad gameplay. Level design is ok but combat and enemy scaling is just... retarded nonsense. It's like they didn't even try.

If you like Fallout 2 you'll like this. If you don't then you won't.

Based and six pilled.

I don't get the high praise for this game. It tries to be fallout but there's little to no roleplaying and the setting is not interesting.

>the setting is not interesting
bitch, the fuck you say?

Attached: ctholo.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

Great until my character become awful after two build changes

Psionic is Probably the best Mage Fantasy in gaming

Styg hotfixes and tunes too much is what I am saying. Lost my resistance to CC and something else became a more potent way of taking me out (probably sniping)

For me it's the Faceless, my best friends.

How good are stealth characters on this game?

Love the combos you can put together with psionic abilities.

I will probably due a less antiquated psionic build next time. Any hints for what to make?

Locus of Control + Frenzy
Premeditation + Mental Breakdown + Bilocation

My faves

Literally every kind of character can be good, you'll get a lot of people telling you otherwise if they're not cognizant of how the game works like this user is, he's one of the few people that understands the very real problem of too many balance changes ruining otherwise viable builds.

UnderRated

I mean I spent so much money making those enriched fibers and got pretty lucky with their quality, I was miffed when the changes came.

Is Psi still king of shit mountain?

If by King of Shit Mountain, you mean God-King Psion, yeah.

DLC is finally fucking out next month.

And it only took like, one hardware generation.

expansion was supposed to be "out soon" 2 years ago

Best version of the “classic Fallout” formula that has ever existed, period. Every build is fun as fuck and the atmosphere is great.

Its good if you like old school exploration RPGs where you can't visit every area or do every quest based on how you build your character.

Its not for zoomers though, requires thinking and basic math.

>Mind Manipulation
>Pyrokinesis
>Cyrokinesis
>Psychokinesis
>Electrokinesis
>Temporal Manipulation
God, I can't fucking wait to be a full on psionic god.

Psionic is most fun by far but most OP is probably still Assault Rifles. As long as you keep up with your crafting anyway.

Have you seen what retard high damage energy weapons can do?

Good psionic builds? I need to redo my character anyway and it’s been like 3years since I played. I uh, accidentally killed the Hunter Camp and pissed offthe faceless.

I remember them being more bark than bite when I played. Sounds like styg buffed them, those gunslinger perks were pretty nuts anyway

just literally take all the psi and max will and thats pretty much it, the points you have left just take whatever makes you happy you don't really need anything else

Okay. Same as before. Probably stealth still, and throwing since it covers some of psi’s weaknesses.

And I’ll see what comes with the expansion

Thank you.

10 Con, 10 Will, 8 Int, and 3 everything else.

You're good to go pure psi from that point.

If you want a psi support skill, thought control is perfect for any build, metathermics is best for snipers, and psychokinesis is best for psi monks.

Energy pistols can have two enhancements which means you can boost the crit bonus to like 200 plus critical power and smart module and smart googles with aimed shot and even thcort fucking dies.

Cryogenic Induction was designed for snipers. Looked cool.

Wow. That’s just extraordinary.

Is it a better Fallout-like game than Atom RPG or Wasteland 2?

The science babble straddles that line between imaginative and “plausible enough”

Great stuff.

It’s like if Fallout wore System Shock and Metro as a skin suit. And was more gameplay focused.

the dark souls of isometric games

Oh and since almost nothing resists energy at all you will do full damage on anything that doesn't have an energy shield but then again energy shields are a joke with a well placed emp grenade.

There is tons of hard science shit in the game, it's fucking weird. Makes me wonder if Stygg is autistic when it comes to detail or actually has a fondness for chemistry, biology, and engineering. Sheer amount of effort that went into the mutagen puzzle and Foundry plot was amazing.

>dude muh realistic science
>I have science degree! the game is based
cringe

He definitely is. Look at all the tweaking builds and time it took to do the expansion

Spoken like a man who hasn't run a sniper, gunslinger, or chem pistol build.

Normal pistols, specifically .44s, get outclassed by energy weapons but you can at least use rapid fire with them. Chem pistols, acid specifically, gets past fucking everything.

Would love a chem pistol psionic hybrid but probably not possible

>10 con and 8 int
>for a psi build
Absolutely retarded.

Incendiary is pretty fun to use too.

I did 10 agi and 8 int (I think) for mine. Worked geat despite my overwrought love of crafting skills

The genocide route suckles

>Dimethylmercury
>Tooth calcium phosphate
>billions of degrees centigrade to melt some fire resistant super metal
>Every theoretical thing you can ascribe to Six
>the numerous humours you can extract
He did his fucking homework.

How else would you compensate for the psi health penalty?

Bitch, please.

Attached: 20190626233951_1.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

By not getting hit.
You could make a case for high Con but 8 Int is completely pointless.

Sneaky psionics is always good. You'll kite anyway, have some trap investment and you’re golden

Think I might branch out into psychokinesis for life-saving cooldown forcefields

Attached: 20190626234000_1.jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

Show me more if you would.

I'm gonna finally try to play through this tomorrow, any of you fuckers mind giving some good tips and build ideas for a newfag to this game?

shame boat as this guy. Need general tips and is it has bullshit hard as AoD?

True, but it slightly boosts psi regen besides giving bonuses to crafting skills.
>psi traps
eww

Force field is probably the most utility psi ability in the game
Go assault gun and metal armor for easy but boring mode.

why is the gameplay bad? I'm thinking of playing it?

Just look up the faq on steam for build ideas imo. No shame. You do not want to invest in too many talents

And the second mission is much harder than the first, you will see if you chose well there

The bonuses to both are irrelevant. No feats require 8 Int.
Even 10 extra carry weight would be more impactful.

Quick Tinkering is the best perk in the game. Or was. Dunno still.

3 int then?

No, it's not a CYOA game. Optimize your builds, invest in crafting skills, do not invest any skill points into evasion or dodge unless to get a few vital melee feats, take your crafting feats after you reach core city, do your shady jobs as efficiently as possible, carry flares, buy and craft molotovs (incendiary grenades), and maybe craft some gas grenades. I've done vicious as fuck crowd control combos with end-game Napalm molotovs and toxic gas grenades. Nothing is walking out of that scorching, toxic battlefield you set down.

Its cooldown was nerfed to fuck.
Oh god no. 5, 6, and 7 are fine depending on your build. 7 is as far as you should go in terms of getting all crafting feats

>nerfed
God damn it STYG.

Well the fact it was nerfed tells you it was awfully good I guess.

Now that I'm running a chem pistol build, that scorching, toxic hellhole will now be a scorching, toxic, acidic hellhole.

Don't forget the night vision goggles

>sealing yourself off for cooldowns and to heal after doing something disruptive to a bunch of faceless

Felt good.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
That's for ranged weapon builds but yeah.

Attached: 20190626235455_1.jpg (1920x1080, 514K)

At least force field + electrokinetic imprint traps those goddamned crawlers.

Was 3 I think. Which made it pretty damn useful. Now traps are just deadweight

Liked the fantasy of being a scifi mage dipping crude and brutal implements with venom.

Why did Stygg create death crawlers?

Just why?

Traps are still useful for certain fights that allow you to prepare ahead of time

Thats still good though. It was broken as shit to instantly bear trap people at will with no cooldown

The only thing traps need is to not be so goddamn heavy

Fun fact bandages can still be used while hit with crawler poison bullshit.

I am become death, destroyer of dindu tunnel niggas.

Attached: 20190607082804_1.jpg (1920x1080, 515K)

Oh of course, especially places you can bottleneck like where that Balor guy was (killed him and his posse while overencumbered in that little office) but I’d rather not rely on that, and I already did a trap-master so might as well change it up.

I’d say one of the great things about Underrail was how it made often unfun or inefficient rpg skills more fun than most games (like psionic being a mage who can do CC and damage effectively) so it’s a blow to see a great skill which did just that get its cd almost double

Yea, if styg nerfed trap weight too I’d not complain at all about this.

Doesn't stop the stun.

The deep cavern warehouse area looked like Bosnia when I was done. Bodies, flames. Exothermic aura really drove those Gaunts out of hiding.

Force field yourself for safety

>Gaunts
Those poisoning crawler-emulating fucks. They're claws stung like a cat's but their spirit poison makes doppelgangers.

>hear stealth sound
>spam flashbangs into the darkness

I developed a fun little game within a game dealing with them. I forget how it went besides involving a taser.

A shame you can't get spirit poison earlier

Bump, taze, and execute/beatdown?

That was mine when I stumbled onto those fuckers.

Pretty freaking spooky and effective poison for shielded and armored enemies.

A little more than that, but often that was the backup. I think it involves pyrokinesis and cyrokinetic orb, plus the aforementioned fire aura

Poison psionic... I wonder

Is there a reason why Yea Forums is sucking this game's dickt but generally the reviews for this game are bad? I doubt it's a case of contrarianism but knowing this board... it could very well be.

What makes it appealing and why?

The Monoliths were some crazy mind raping and fauna altering shit.

The whole game is a casual filter that's why and the combat is actually really fun and strategic.

It’s not easy. I really cannot find a flaw that doesn’t just mean “I do not like rpgs that ask too much of me” even though I know that sounds asinine.

The most annoying thing about it is Styg rebalancing everything. RPG fans love having their “fully-decked out and mastered” character but his changes can make that just a memory of how it “used to play”

Best reason to be psionic right there

>that feel when you realize why Dude is constanly drunk on mushroom brew.

Difficult game that rewards prep-time and thinking ahead.

It makes a supporting psionic skill pretty much mandatory for any build meant to explore the entire game.

I will pay attention to him now

>tfw he was right about fucking everything

Attached: dude.png (100x100, 17K)

it's not bad. probably my favorite out of all turn based rpgs

Certainly the best recent one trying to do this style

The gameplay isn't bad.
Getting your ass beat however is part of the experience, some people aren't up for that.

People probably realized their build was bad at SGS or were overwhelmed at the Depot (which is a spike to be sure)

Every time I try to start this game I get my ass beat like a 3 dollar whore. How do I git gud?

Spam burst and molotovs
Win

Steam has an FAQ made by the community. Pick assault rifle build if you want an easy time.

Depot A is what people pretend Blighttown is

Depot A becomes so much easier if you just craft that mutated dog leather before you go deeper

New players won’t know that but yes. But even that level of prep is way beyond what Blighttown requires, deapite the hype.

It's a good game, but it's nothing like Fallout 2. It has a different atmosphere, different mood and focuses more on builds and combat than on roleplaying.

I started playing this game this year post-nerf and it's still OP as shit and hugely impactful the second you pick it up. It literally makes melee enemies non-existent.

Good. I think he is still overzealous with rebalance. 4 turns would have been fine.

its good

So does that mean there's less in the way of negociations, speech checks, diplomaic options and such?

There is literally one quest where a speech check is useful.

Right, those won't get you far and there's less questing

God I can't wait to go full operator with a shotgun.

Yea that stuff is a waste. Lockpicking and hacking fill a similar niche though, since exploration uncovers more of the world than dialogue.

Sounds pretty meh, one of the big reasons to play RPGs is the conversations, well that and demolishing an enemy by getting real strong and having people comment about it. Sounds like you'd potentially be better off playing wasteland 2 if you want that kind of stuff.

Attached: 45.png (640x480, 123K)

That's not true at all.

What are the chances that they will be op as shit?

They will be nerfed if they are

>high damage range
>crowd control
>fucking burst options
Very.

The one where you plant the bug in the vent everything else can beeasily solved by stabbing/shooting/lighting stuff on fire

Burst as a whole was already nerfed well ahead of time because of them.

Wasteland 2 is far too simple and has host of issues dragging it down to 6/10 territory

It is also a party based game and this is not

So you can be Arnold in Terminator one now... “WRONG”

I stealthed that. With bad stealth

Making an entire faction hostile that early is retarded.

Or Kyle Reese, sawing his off to hide it in his overcoat. Sneaky shotgunny

>riot shield
>.44 hammerer with explosive rounds
>melee for when people get too close
THE LAW

Attached: Pl_ri_c_s.png (50x100, 4K)

>game where the most effective option is already hiding in a house, quick tinkering a bear trap at the door and blasting the fuck out of the first person stupid enough to step in it
>but now you have a shotgun

hmmmmmm

>riot armor
top fucking kek

There is a lot of dialogue tho. It's just that contrary to f2, you can't solve 90% of the quests by talking.

Insane Prepper build.

Biology for drugs
Shotgun
Traps

So it isn't because the game is good, has a worthwhile story or gameplay, but because its.. challenging? Lol pure autism.

There’s good dialogue, just less of you influencing outcomes or solving combat with it

Good game.
I don't really see the connection people make with Fallout 2 besides being an isometric RPG

Attached: 1532119698474.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

I guess you would know

The challenge is a big reason the gameplay is good. You have solutions, you learn to exploit them.

And the story and dialogue is good, your ability to skip combat with dialogue is just not viable.

>t. metal armor with assault rifle baby
get some taste

Read the thread. It has a good setting and good gameplay. You asked why this game sticked with Yea Forums tho.

It’s more like Fallout 1, especilaly with the mutations and science horror stuff.

Heck, F1 even had a lot of psychic shenanigans before you figjt a severely mutated beast.

Btw, what was Tchort? Was he horn from Biocorp’s activities?

>implying i'm not wearing a stealthy bio-vest
>implying i'm not rocking a .44 and a spearhead sniper rifle
>implying i don't one-shot and gas little bitches like you

I'm stuck at the damned warehouse and have no idea where I can go to level up some more. Oddity experience makes things kind of frustrating when you can't think of new places to go.

Did you not read?
Biocorp made the faceless and when they finally got tired of their shit the faceless broke out murdered everybody and tossed the scientists into muragen tanks which in hindsight was a bad idea.

>Btw, what was Tchort? Was he horn from Biocorp’s activities?
He was a god of the Tunneler's retarded making. Wonder why Six didn't bitch slap them for that.

It's an amalgamation of the Biocorp scientists that were thrown into the same vats of chemicals and alien rocks that made the Faceless.

>tfw the biocorp head treated the alpha faceless as a son but the fucker betrayed him
death to all tunnel niggas

I usually get every detail and plot point on a second play-through, just never followed through.

It's honestly not hard if you go in from Scrapper side. You only *have* to fight 2 mutants and they're at the very end after you've already gained a level or two.

Yea fuck those guys. Glad I slaughtered them in Deep Caverns

Actually, if you learn it from the faceless... then I just never had the chance to learn. They were ambivalent toward me and I wanted to explore so I opened hostilities :P

One thing I have to admit I dislike about this game is how restrictive it is once you get to the institute.
Up to this point you could always side with one guy or the other, having different quest paths and influencing the world, but then after the institute the only "choice" you have if you can really call that, is help faceless or indirectly help them.

Eels are superior. Ports are the future, the depot will be picked clean eventually.

>blocks ur turn

Attached: f65e1a5857c19bbe2c4f28d8db54cc39.png (425x246, 11K)

You only have to do the Scrapper's first quest to gain access to their entrance.

There could be more “multiple solutions” too. LikeI can’t get the special crafting table from the hunter camp because I killed them all. In a Fallout game they’d let me just take the table.

>:P
Reddit

Is there anything better than joining the protectorate from the strongest possible position and becoming the Southern Ambassador of the underrail?

Nothing at all

Point is, I did read, but did not have access to all dialogue. I knew I was less than judiciois but it’s a first run for a reason.

Man that quest with the gas was such a pain until I realized you could just leave the door closed and wait until evrybody kills each other.

Yeah, blowing off all those losers for more adventures in Hexagon.

Or sneak out.

But they have a unique oddity

This game has VtmB levels of a shitty final 3-4 hours imo. I've played through it 6 times but I have to force myself hard to keep going once I get to the elevator.

Doh! Not sure how I felt about that xp system

the sans fight was hard lol haha XD

Balor's base is the stealth character's dream. I systematically killed everyone in there without fighting more than two people at a time.

DEEP CAVERNS IS SHIT

Attached: 1560654410927.jpg (356x425, 33K)

Too much fighting, not enough RPG.

I was not that calculating. Eventually I emptied my bag of mines and stepped out for the real fight with him and his last few thugs though. Felt good.

chad tier: pure unarmed, knife, throwing, traps

ugly football player with acne and smells kinda bad: sledgehammer, psychosis psi, assault rifle

melvin: psi monk, crossbow, acid pistols, SMG's

confirmed virgin: tranquility psi, sniper, energy pistols

Low quality shitposting is bannable, retard.

>chad tier: pure unarmed, knife, throwing, traps
ayy

whoops forgot regular pistols

those are also chad

>Xpack in 1 month

We're going home bros

I’m gonna be doing a Mad Prepper build

Knife
Shotgun
Biology for drugs
Traps
Maybe Thought Control since it tends to blend decently

$5.99 current low but a DLC is supposedly dropping soon. A common strategy is for game devs to lower price of a game in order to get people interested in the DLC so I'm hoping for a new low when that happens.

>yfw shotguns turn out to be terrible late game

Attached: 1547423252240.png (704x592, 474K)

Are crossbows any good?

I've never played them but I generally hear they're alright. Apparently the last boss is actually easy for them because of the DR draining bolt they get at the very end. I've never picked up what they have over snipers, who get armor piercing bullets from the get go, though.

>dude go to the tunnels and restore the power
>oh by the way here's rats that takes ages to kill, and there's 20 of them each map and they hunt in packs
>also there's a landmine here haha
>oh you went down into this place? there's actually an enemy here that cripples you and fucks you up
Fuck this game

Psionic time manipulating god here I come!

Git
Gud

I tried that but somehow aggroed the entire base and had to run in circles from one map to another picking them off one at a time while they tried to follow me

Utility bolts and silent

felt like fever dream

Attached: 1507264025927.jpg (480x358, 46K)

Attached: 1542832662906.webm (960x540, 2.74M)

Apparently I've had this game for six years and never even noticed it. Is it actually worth it or are you all just memeing?

Attached: file.png (378x132, 69K)

>like turnbased games?
Yes
>dont like them
No

Wasteland 2 scratches the fallout itch better to be frank. Although both games are good, they have too many filler combat encounters and too little roleplaying

>retarded NPC can't comprehend actually pirating and trying the game out but instead needs to be told by others if it's good or not
Imagine being subhuman

Role-playing stat checks suck

How many goddamned years will wasteland 3 take goddamn.

>Styg hotfixes and tunes too much is what I am saying.
He pushes out new patches like once or twice a year, dude. Sure the man loves his nerfs, but that shouldn't affect your playthroughs.

Would buy Remastered

Wait for expancion.

Should I wait for the expansion to release to play it or give it a go now?
How hard is to make a full melee build? Are there companions and/or can I create one?

Attached: b97cf4416c595b4d2ee75a487e9a4b30.png (860x596, 838K)

Wait for Expedition. Psi monk is easiest, sledge is easy, knife and not psi unarmed somewhere lower mid tier. No companions, you are on your own.

Expansion takes place mid-game, so you'll be gud, if you don't rush. Don't know about melee, but there are zero companions, you can't hire or create them. You have allies in occasional battles, tho.

But he wants melee and Expedition add two new melee options. Unless he knows he doesn't want those he should wait.

any up-to-date torrents?

Fair enough.

you cant play it if youre a brainlet like but wait for the expansion

Wait, im single crossbow stealth user with traps? No one use crossbows?

Russians probably have it. If not now then certainly after the expansion.

My old character was like this, but he also dabbled with psi.

Well the game was over when it was done but it still left me irritated

It's good but a walking simulator at times

i really like the feel of this game, but a lot of the time i feel like my combat experience devolves to just having to lob grenades at packs of enemies because my other weapons can't take them out fast enough. is that common?