The story of Far Cry 5 is super straightforward, so it's weird a few million people were confused...

The story of Far Cry 5 is super straightforward, so it's weird a few million people were confused. You play the Lamb of God tasked with opening the seven seals from The Book of Revelation. As you open each seal, the world falls deeper into chaos. Satan's agents beg you to turn back, but you are in for a penny, in for a pound. The final seal must be opened. The world must burn. It's God's will. So you gather your 12 disciples and wage war against the forces of the anti-Christ.

Attached: far_cry_5_joseph_seed.jpg (950x529, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamervw.com/2018/05/27/the-hidden-story-of-far-cry-5/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nigger

Bible lore is no longer mainstream

>old pc couldn't run fc5
>get a new pc, runs games without a sound
>fc5 makes it rev like a jet engine
>same thing with new dawn
Is this the power of ubisoft coding?

>gives you superpowers in new dawn
>one of those powers is "loot automatically during a takedown"
Double jump was alright.

Best Far Cry game to date.

>he hasn’t played Farcry New Dawn

Nope.
He was just a crazy dude that found some some artifacts that guessed the world was falling apart at the right time.

Where in the Bible does it say that after the apocalypse a biker gang led by a pair of rowdy teenage girls is gonna be the biggest threat to civilization?

Hey at least you can play the fucking thing. The PS4 version is so shitty that even on a PS4 Pro it's the only game I genuinely can't play because the FOV is so low. Plus add the classic Ubisoft v-sync that adds so much input lag the game would be unplayable anyway.

I skipped New Dawn exactly because it ruins the plot of the first game.

>boomer fanfiction

Attached: gKiaWhr.jpg (320x240, 16K)

They where only the lead of the Hope County division of the Highwaymen. They where only a small lead in the big part of the Highwaymen organization

Except in New Dawn, "the voice" told Joseph of the coming of The Captain, a messianic figure that would lead New Eden. Joseph was told that neither he nor his son were to be the savior of New Eden. It was this newcomer, whose face Joseph didn't recognize. That's why he's surprised to see you when you turn up at his sanctuary. You're the one he was shown in a vision.

Also, New Dawn was by different writers so you end up with potential conflicts of intent between the original plot and the slightly retconned New Dawn version. The lead writer on Far Cry 5 has given his approval to the interpretation that Rook is The Lamb of God. He literally tweeted this article with "Nailed it". gamervw.com/2018/05/27/the-hidden-story-of-far-cry-5/

Is Rook The Judge?

Cringe

Attached: C33239CC-A2EB-4CBE-AF6E-D8DE45B05D53.jpg (750x750, 43K)

Joseph's prophecies were genuine. Where he failed was that he misinterpreted his role. As Faith told Rook, "Joseph thinks he's our savior, but you're the one will will decide what happens." She also says, "You were the start, you'll be the end." Which is a blatant allusion to "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."

They were still weirdly unimpressive villains. You go from a sinister doomsday cult and their messianic prophet to a bunch of punk kids.

Cringe

forced meme cock sucker

tfw I unironically got high and broke the disc earlier today.

Still feel ok about it.

Attached: 1548033824372.gif (286x204, 844K)

>game about small town deputy and his merry band of second ammendment loving militiamen save the county while the government does nothing
>journos still complained about the game not being "political" enough
my guess is that by "political" they mean "spout leftist drivel" and they were just butthurt the game didn't attack Christianity or American gun culture...

Attached: hurk.jpg (1280x720, 206K)

You do realize Rook becomes a cock slave to Joseph right? Your entire argument that Rook is the savior is invalid. Bye

Yes, Rook is the Judge. And it's an awkward as fuck way of introducing a new player character who is, apparently, chosen by God. Far Cry 5 pivots upon the idea that Rook is the one chosen by God to open the seven seals. In fact, they are the SAVIOR according to Faith. Then along comes New Dawn and well no actually The Captain is the Savior now. Rook? Yea, Rook's just a mute now. Don't worry about it. It's a super blatant attempt to dig themselves out of a hole with a new protagonist. Kinda like FEAR Perseus Mandate where it's all like OH, WOW, DID YOU KNOW THERE WAS A SECOND POINT MAN WITH IDENTICAL ABILITIES? WHOOOOOAH.

That dude is based
He says cuck!

How do you get high ironically?

Attached: 1355800611108.png (225x297, 114K)

The problem is that Far Cry 5's lead writer said that Rook is meant to be a Christ figure. New Dawn kinda dances around this with a new protagonist who basically does a bunch of stuff that Rook would have logically done.

>dude weed lmao!

Not so smart now, eh faggot?

Attached: 1553622130773.jpg (225x225, 14K)

He just has internet brain poisoning and doesn't even know what words mean anymore.

Yeah, if only my life was obviously as fufilling as yours.

God do I wish I was as cool as you....

Attached: 1560983654047.png (671x519, 146K)

I mean only one of us is invested enough in Yea Forums to actually have reaction images saved, but I'm glad your life is going well.

>but I'm glad your life is going well

Kek, it's Obviously going better than yours you salt-mining faggot.

Attached: salt.jpg (480x480, 39K)

joseph sneed

Joseph's religious beliefs are based on David Koresh's. David Koresh believed he was the Lamb of God, and would open the seven seals. He wrote a number of tracts/books on the subject of the seven seals. When you first meet Joseph, there is a TV in the background with a verse about the forces that will attempt to wage war against the lamb. Joseph sees himself as The Lamb. But he's wrong. He's a false messiah. He comes from Rome, Georgia, which is so-called because it has seven hills.

From Revelation:
>So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
>And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
This is slightly obscure Christian stuff, but it is traditionally thought that the anti-Christ will either come from a city of seven hills, or will establish his power there. Rome is on seven hills, which is why the Rome = Antichrist belief is a thing, in addition to a lot of the doctrines held by Catholics being seen as satanic by other sects.