This is the only true tier list

This is the only true tier list.

OG is the original cast and the purest example of Smash characters: Iconic representatives from their games.

God Tier Additions are a mix of Nintendo's most unique new IPs who would have probably made the original roster if they had existed at the time, and the third party wildcards that people could only dream of seeing in Smash.

Perfect Additions are the villains and alternate protagonists from the OG roster's games.

Great Additions are the most iconic characters from franchises new to Smash, some fun retro characters and some unique modern characters.

Good Additions are supporting cast to the other games already included in Smash, these characters are not as popular but manage to make it up by either have unique move sets or have a lot of personality to them. This is where the characters begin to feel like they bloat the roster, but removing them would still make it feel like something was missing.

Mediocre Additions are almost exclusively clones but also includes a hand full of characters that are entirely devoid of uniqueness or personality. Most of these characters could be alternate costumes for the main cast and nobody would complain.

Attached: SmashUltimateTierList.png (1380x661, 753K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ssbwiki.com/Unused_content_(SSB)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>robin
>devoid of uniqueness
all of those other ones make sense at least

>Doctor Mario
>Mediocre

>isabelle
>good adition

>young link
>mediocre
Do you even play the game?

>inklinng god tier addition
>

poor attempt

His move set is cool, but you know who else is a sword wielding spellcaster and not a fucking stand in avatar character? Every DQ Hero.

replace botw link with young link and you've got a deal

>see main get a positive comment from someone from a tier list meme
>must type based

BASED

Attached: 1559709533936.png (931x524, 718K)

>Little Mac main
BASED

>dr mario
>mediocre
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: Morgue Mario.jpg (1500x1500, 116K)

what alt you use? this is important information

>Simon not in God Tier
>Richter in mediocre

Attached: 1559726332414.gif (423x234, 1.69M)

Rank Little Mac's alts right now

Attached: Little_Mac_Palette_(SSBU).png (2048x256, 338K)

4 > 6 > 1 > 7 > 8 > 2 > 3 > 5

1. World Circuit (red/white/blue) alt
2. Default
3. Super Punch-Out alt
4. White/red/black alt
5. Title Defense alt
6. Pink jacket
7. Normal wireframe
8. Hooded wireframe

How is sonic god tier he hasnt had a good video game in years not counting mania

i miss blue mac

Attached: 3FV8Z6q.jpg (1500x1500, 211K)

You have to admit there is no reason for Richter to be in this game at all, its just Sakurai's bias and nothing else.

he's just a fucking echo fighter, dude. that and half of simon's moveset is from richter in SOTN. he's probably the most deserving echo fighter aside from ken

>Lumping Robin and Corrin with a bunch of clones and the Mii Fighters
Seething as fuck. Robin and Corrin were good at minium. Robin was arguably a great addition because he brought a new mechanic.

They literally are stand in avatars, they don't even have names. Only difference is you can't customize them.

Corrin and Robin are too low. Move robin up to Great and Corrin to good, and Roy down to medicore since he's a clone.

>a new franchise gets one (1) extra fighter
>it's not even a new or unique fighter, it's basically a glorified skin
>it's sakurai bias

Attached: 1534286817012.png (500x375, 374K)

>its just Sakurai's bias and nothing else.
It's because Richter is more popular with the Japanese.

>Most of the clones are in Mediocre
>but Roy gets a pass

Attached: 1561583621123.jpg (300x317, 14K)

>4 at number one
damn straight

>Muh nostalgia
Roy(and chrom) literally have no reason to exist in smash

Robin has a unique move set, but the DQ Hero does it better and two of them are far more recognizable Corrin on the other hand is absolutely fucking boring in personality and move set.

I could see that, but boy am I just glad Castlevania got in period.

>unique moveset
>has a limited time only beegay fire and Samus charge thunder
We could've gotten Terry or Master Chief. Not this bland animu swordsman.

Simon is absolutely based, Richter is for weebs. Keep the anime out.

I feel like The Legend of Zelda is the most poorly represented series on the game. Only three actual characters and they all have very generic movesets. The best Smash characters have mechanics that remind you of their games, or even just visual details. There is almost nothing for actual Zelda fans in the characters. They could have the new Link be more representative of BotW with the runes, toon link having stuff that is actually from the Wind Waker saga and young Link could retain the original moveset, with some throwbacks to Ocarina of Time or even the original game. I really like Zelda and her moveset is hard to do since there is little material for her, the goddesses powers is a neat solution, so she gets a pass. Now the Dorf makes no fucking sense.
I think the series could use one more character (especially since it is the second biggest Nintendo IP), but I would prefer to see Link and Ganondorf. Too bad the game is now more focused on third party stuff.

Chrom is one of the most popular FE characters, and his game singlehandedly saved the franchise. I agree with Roy though. He’s only liked because he was in Melee.

Richter is “anime”??? Do you just like throwing around buzzwords?

Pretty good OP

I think they just need to give them different gear and it would be fine.
Link: Bow Light Arrows, Megaton Hammer, Bombs, Clawshots, Whip
Young Link: Bow with Ice Arrows, Boomerang, Bombchu, Great Fairy Sword, Roc's Cape
Toon Link: Bow with Fire Arrows, Skull Hammer, Deku Leaf, Grappling Hook

Sheik is so bad in Ultimate I forgot about her lmao. She's a nice character to have, even if just for representation.

You do realize that everything Simon does is due to Richter right? The only thing Richter can't do is the cling.

>most poorly represented
Absolutely fucking not you bogan.
You have abundant items, sages, spirits, and music, let alone fighters.
And when it comes to fighters, you're fine, but not exceptional. BOTW Link is alright as is, he uses a pretty unique bomb, so I have NO idea where you got generic from there. Young and Toon coul use more references for sure, but saying they poorly represent Zelda as a whole is incorrect when Zelda itself is a very formulaic sereis at it's core (before BOTW anyways.)
Young Link and Toon Link use bombs, arrows, boomerangs, and the Hero's Spin because they're ALL present and share mostly the same function.
Zelda has nothing to go off, so yeah.
And Dorf is really the only place where you're justified. While I don't think he should fundamentally be changed, he should really get Dead Man Volley and a Teleport (maybe make it so that he disappears and reappears, but when he reappears he still does the grab from the original recovery). MAYBE Float, but the games and mods that have given it to him are either balanced poorly (Project Ganondorf, Legacy XP, Crusade) or it's fucking useless (PM), so I dunno.

>Chrom is one of the most popular FE characters
Sorry that's Ike
>his game singlehandedly saved the franchise
Robin's game*

Fuck off weebs

Roy has way more personality, that's why so many people liked him even in Melee's days.

No he fucking doesn't, have you played his game? His Smash personality is borderline fanfiction. He just as boring, if not moreso, than Chrom. You just like him because of seniority

This list is fucking garbage, but my main is in god tier, so I can't complain.
No, wait. I can and will.
>Good additions
>Not as popular
>Proceeds to list Ike, the most popular Fire Emblem character

Attached: dragon-ball-super-38-vegeta-vs-hit-lassassin-maitr_6qqq.640.jpg (640x359, 34K)

t.never played his game
More personality than what a slice of bread? I played Roy in melee but even I can see he has no purpose he's just a fire marth . Ike was the perfect replacement he's actually his own character and has fire

>Ryu & Ken both not god tier.
>Greninja not god tier.
>Ike not god tier
>Bayonetta not god tier.

Marth is the face of the franchise, even if Ike is fucking awesome

>Greninja
>God tier

Attached: DameDesuYo-Shingeki-no-Kyojin-Season-3-Part-2-53-1920x1080-10bit-AAC_00_22_05.532_0001-1024x576.png (1024x576, 793K)

Basically the only recognizable attacks BotW Link has are his bombs (which are really cool indeed), arrows, boomerang (that isn't a big thing in his game), the sword beam at 0% (that is basically negligible). His spin attack has nothing to do with the spin attack in the game and the other attacks are generic sword attacks (the Zelda II down air is the only cool one). He could use Revali's Gale as an up special (I don't remember Link spin attacking up mountains in his game), some rune could replace his boomerang, he could "climb" walls in some way and so on. He feels more like a generic swordsman with a cool bomb than the actual link from BotW.
The same goes for the other Links, they have to most basic items. You get characters like Megaman and Villager where each attack is basically on cool thing from their games, while the Links have the most basic items and a bunch of sword slashes. Link never had many swords attacks in his games, he is more about using the items, I don't see why Smash can represent that.
Music and stages are cool and all, but let's be honest, items and spirits barely matter and what really counts are the characters.

>Greninja
>God tier
The fuck?

What shit tier list limits a tier to one character per series?

Attached: C-RhZYNW0AQvZMi (1).png (1000x904, 545K)

>God Tier Additions are a mix of Nintendo's most unique new IPs who would have probably made the original roster if they had existed at the time, and the third party wildcards that people could only dream of seeing in Smash.
Marth should be here. He's the 13th veteran, Sakurai wanted to add him right from the start in 64

>Lucas in perfect
This makes no sense.

>Mewtwo
>Perfect

No.

I'm sourcing the shit out of this
ssbwiki.com/Unused_content_(SSB)

Literally one of the most fun characters in Ultimate. Great design, a water ninja, awesome character.

>most popular Pokémon in Japan
>not a perfect addition

All perfect

Of course, this also means that Bowser, Dedede, and Mewtwo should be in god tier, as they along with Marth were originally planned to be playable in 64

Source?

well i like roy's personality in smash, could give less of a shit about him in his own games, what are you gonna do about it?

Project NX can'tget a release soon enough. So many chatacters that could be improved on.

>he yells when he attacks
>this means he has personality!

Explain what his personality is I'll be waiting.

>snake
>god tier
Snake was the worst fucking thing to have ever happened in this franchise and all Snakeniggers should fuck off to play some other game instead of forcing their autism onto the rest of us

So you're saying his specials ALL call back to important/ ubiquitous aspects of his games? Hero's Spin is more of a legacy move, but it's pretty ridiculous say they should remove when it has been a part of nearly every single Zelda in some fashion. Also fuck gay ass Revali's Gale, a generic wind blast and glide isn't more interesting or useful than a decent OOS and offstage kill tool, If you suggest a replacement at least suggest a cool one.
Wall Climbing sounds absolute shit for balance, like, Gliding tier. Just because it makes sense doesn't mean it need to be done.
I really don't disagree with changing up Toon and Young Link, I just don't think they're poor representations of Zelda. They show off fundamental and important items in nearly every pre-BOTW Zelda, It's just that they should ALSO show off more than that.
Also, Link and Young Link's Gentleman are a reference to how Ganndorf is killed in OoT, and Toon Link's Dair is a referenced to how Ganondorf is killed in WW and his F-Smash is aslo from the fight with Ganondorf/Sword moveset in original game

I thought Robin was a great addition, Lucina was sort of meh but I was not expecting him at all. He added much needed uniqueness to the FE pool too.

Move Zero Suit Samus down to "mediocre" and Dark Samus up to "good"

expresses recklessness, less experienced with swordplay (reflects how he plays in FE anyway), yet more spirit and confidence than marth, that's how Sakurai envisioned him in an interview, his moves brings in his personality on it's own.

Pokémon 720 elections.Greninja won first place.

>boring gunner over mage
Dumb FPSposter.

Not him, but one could say that Roy acts pretty fiery.

More like Gayninja, amirite?

Attached: Dbk.png (1280x720, 937K)

>Just head cannon shit
Cool

I could apply the same kind of shit to Chrom, especially since he's am echo.
His more even swings show more experience, fitting since he's an experienced fighter, royalty, and father. His playstyle being more combo based than Marth or Lucina's shows much more of a confident and outgoing kind of approach, which is actually true when compared to Marth in his own games and him
and Lucina in Awakening

Do what you want retard, but just know the Roy in smash, at least in 4/ultimate, is easily the worst translation of a character into a fighter in the whole roster. It's just inaccurate. Sure he'll be somewhat different than how he looks originally, but it's like they gave him a time skip design for no reason other than they think it would be cool. Which I'm all for cause they're doing that character more favors than his game did, but in a game about accurate representation it sticks out.

That said, fuck Roy. Worst FE lord. I hate that I like how he plays in Smash.

Attached: 1517768985249.png (240x160, 25K)

>Pokemon
>good additions

well then it shows the genius of the moveset being varied. it's pretty based

A knight with the stats of an archer, god bless those stupid fucking devs.

This, it should've been Tom Nook. He was the most requested AC rep besides the player character back in the Brawl days, and was the most iconic AC character prior to shill dog's existence. ESPECIALLY since his major role in New Horizons basically showed us that the egregious amount of Isabelle shilling from 2013 to 2019 was mainly to promote New Leaf and the thousands of spin-offs it spawned. I'm glad it's over, but it's a shame that Ultimate beginning development when the shilling was at its worst meant that she got in over Nook. It's just like how Villager in their current state is extremely lucky because Sm4sh was in development before New Leaf, so they were modeled after the based WW/CF designs instead. Shame about no horned cap and cone hat though.

Attached: shillabelle.png (848x736, 1.26M)

I don't hate Isabelle, but Tom Nook is much better and more emblematic of Animal Crossing for sure.

I hate her for being almost an echo which means actual effort was put into her

OP here.

You guys have made some good points. Moved Marth and Simon up to God Tier, Ike and Greninja up to Great, and moved Robin up to Good.

I wish the Links were better than they are, I respect that Ike and Greninja are new major faces in their franchises, Little Mac's USA alt is the best one, and anime is definitely trash.

Attached: SmashUltimateTierList.png (1380x661, 663K)

I mean, Isabelle is more popular then Nook by a mile though It's like a Greninja thing actually. Her popularity was notice by the devs, who then capitalized.
Also kinda like Greninja is that she got in over another (in Greninja's case it's a mon like Sceptile) popular entity, who was still popular at them time, but overshadowed nonetheless

>Robin and Corrin in mediocre
>Roy in good
>Simon and Ryu not in god tier
lol

The more popular option isn't always the better one. It can be, but in a lot of cases it isn't.

Put some respect on Marth's name

I don't understand the criteria you're using to judge the characters. Why wouldn't meta knight be perfect but not King Dedede? Also there is heavy nostalgiafag bias in your picks, like nearly all smash fans. Also smash started off as a Nintendo all star series so why don't the Nintendo characters have higher standing than the random characters?

Yes, but let's not pretend that's not exactly what the developers wanted for Isabelle from the start. She's featured on the 3DS menu diorama and takes your villagers'/Rover's role of loading the game. They wanted to make sure the player would see her every time they played, even if they never went to town hall. It's almost uncanny how high of a pedestal she was placed on in her first appearance, really. AC wasn't meant to have a designated mascot character, and Nook certainly wasn't given special treatment like Isabelle was despite how iconic he was.

Move Lucas down to great, what the fuck he doin up there?

This isn't trolling or bait but when Corrin was announced for sm4sh I was disappointed because I'm not a fan of Fire Emblem and I thought they would play too similarly to Marth, Roy and Lucina. Ike doesn't even play very differently from them. When they were released I kinda enjoyed them but barely played that game since I didn't own it or a Wii U or 3DS and my friend got rid of his Wii U in about mid 2016.

I got Ultimate not long after it released and I've had plenty of time to thoroughly try out every character and Corrin is easily in my top 10 for fun and uniqueness. The neutral and side specials are both very unique and have the potential for very stylish combos. same for the tilts. more of you should give this character a go and you might come to appreciate their inclusion

>Actually playing the game
No thanks buddy, I'm just here to complain.

Attached: vegeta3-1092181-1280x0.jpg (1280x704, 77K)

The Mii Fighters are probably the best execution of a horrible idea. As far as an FE rep goes, Robin is fine, more fresh than Roy at least.

>Ryu, Ken , Simon and PP that low
Yeah, smells like zoomer revisionism

absolutely based

Mostly, I want them to be unique in appearance, fun move set, and have a significance to video game's history. This is why the entire bottom tier is only clones and characters used for advertising.

Meta Knight in particular does not look unique, does not have an interesting move set, and is a side character in his franchise. He checks none of the boxes I like and is just average in every category. The only thing keeping him out of the garbage is sheer popularity. Falco is in a similar boat.

Nostalgia bias is inevitable in a game that relies on history and legacy. I admit I have personal bias, but I "adjusted" my bias by putting every character I don't personally like a tier higher except for Corrin because I just cannot believe anybody likes Corrin.

The third parties I praise the most are those who have long standing relationships with Nintendo, Mega Man and Simon for NES days, Banjo for the N64 days, and Sonic as the ultimate rival. Snake and Cloud are huge icons and it's still unreal to a lot of people that they're in the same game as all these characters. Then Pac Man is essentially the Mickey Mouse of gaming. I personally think Ryu and Bayonetta are awesome includes, but I can't stand Joker and I'm indifferent toward Hero. I can't deny the franchises are enormous and that people like those characters.

Hopefully that seems fair.

ikr, Simon and Ryu should really be above Cloud

World circuit map is one of the best alts in the entire game.

Attached: image0.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

I think a Mii character that had a unique moveset where they used Wii remotes as different items would have been cool rather than just being knock offs of real characters. Mimic using a sword or a bow and arrow or golf clubs and tennis rackets, stuff like that. Miis were intended to be avatars of you playing the game, it would have been cool if they use video game controllers.

>Banjo higher than Ryu, Ken and Dragon Quest

Street Fighter and Dragon Quest is much more iconic and well known than Banjo you retarded Banjofag.

Look everyone, the autists are trying to quantify subjective values again.
Keep trying guys I'm sure someone will prove which objective tier list is actually the real one and the rest shit.

>Dark Samus and the other Links in mediocre

fug you

I also meant to say that I feel each franchise deserves 2-3 character and they should use their best reps for those slots and nothing more, with Mario, Zelda and Pokemon getting some extras because they're the biggest and having more strong characters.

It doesn't bother me at all that Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Peach, Bowser and Wario all originated from Mario because they're all unique. Bowser Jr and Rosalina are a little less interesting to me, but they have really good move sets. Piranha Plant is pure genius like Jigglypuff and I would hate not having him in the next Smash, assuming there is one.

Legend of Zelda has Link, Zelda and Ganondorf. Sheik was a one time character but is enormously popular and unique, so that's fine. The two other Links are absolute garbage, but if they just did a better job with them then it wouldn't bother me if one stuck around.

Pokemon might be huge, but it has way too many characters that are irrelevant in the grand scheme of Pokemon. Pikachu, Mewtwo and Trainer represent the series better than anyone else ever could, but Jigglypuff is fun and having an actually cool new Pokemon like Greninja is awesome.

Fire Emblem is a small franchise, has seven characters, and half of the characters are trash. Marth, Ike and one extra character is a perfect amount for the franchise, in my opinion.

>Meta Knight doesn't look unique
show me literally any other knight that looks like him in media, who can also turn their cape into wings.
Know what, show me someone that looks like Falco
It just seems like your letting your bias get in the way of actual importance and relvance of inclusion, moreso than you let one. Dragon Quest is absolutely massive to Nintendo, that have more games on Nintendo systems than MGS, Persona/SMT, etc. Yet you group him with Joker because you don't like him.
You aren't being fair at all.

That's retarded. NONE of them are irrelevant if you actually know the context behind their inclusions, excepts Jigglypuff actually. Pichu is popular as well the staple Pokemon of the breeding mechanic, which is huge to the series.
Lucario and Greninja speak for themselves. Incineroar was introduced in the Gen that introduced Z-Moves, and thus uses one as his Final Smash.
Jigglypuff adds absolutely nothing, not Gen 1 representation, Not iconic, Not an interesting moveset, not even an unique design. The LEAST justified Pokeon in the game is Jigglypuff
She's unironically the VERY first FotM addition to smash, as well as only being added because of her easiness to develop. If she wasn't OG, she would despised widely.

Thoughts?

Attached: my-image.png (957x738, 861K)

swap chrom and corrin

pit, simon, mewtwo, mr. game & watch, shulk, and little mac in must haves (maybe duck hunt and cloud too, but that's just bias)

>Daisy is a must have
>But not Shulk

Attached: FM691rxafd8_400.png (331x323, 189K)

>Pokemon trainer in must haves
>Despite the fact that they had already been cut

technicalities cut them, since the 3ds is dead they'll never be cut now.

Reminder that Chrom was added due to high demand

Attached: PXZ2-Chrom.png (869x1072, 721K)

Meta Knight is a winged thing with a sword, not a unique idea to fiction. Pit has a sword and wings, Corrin has a sword and wings. Most of the reason he's in "Good" is because he's just generally not interesting move set wise and unimportant to his series because he's a mini-boss.

Falco is an animal from space that wears a jacket and flies a ship. Bucky O'Hare has tons of things just like them, just to name something for you. It's not a unique idea to fiction, with two more things exactly like him already being in smash.

I don't personally like Joker, I'm indifferent toward Dragon Quest. The tier they're in literally says "Great", what more do you want? It's not like I put either of them in D tier or a 5/10 or something similar. If a lettering system helps, the first tier is pretty much a rules and guidelines that transcends the tier list, God Tier is like an A+, Perfect is an A, Great is a B, Good is a C and Mediocre is an F.

Jigglypuff is the original Smash joke character. I promise you that nobody was begging for Jigglypuff's inclusion, and there were far better choices for advertising purposes. Jokes are part of history too.
Ditto is the staple of Pokemon breeding mechanics wise, and Togepi is the poster child that introduced the concept.

Lucario was big at the time but forgotten afterward, he was a flash in the pan. Greninja was in the same boat but stood the test of time and remains a popular Pokemon for the modern era, and I don't think I gave him enough credit originally. Incineroar isn't even the most popular Pokemon of his generation, and is just there for advertising.

>swap chrom and corrin
No, I don't like corrin but at least he/she is unique chrom is a clone of a clone, mr. game & watch is awsome but I dont know if I'd call him a must have Cloud would be a must have if he actually came with ff music
I just kinda put peach with daisy plus shes a Mario character but seems like people like shulk he fills a unique niche I'll move him up
Which in my opinion was a bad Idea he is the best representation of a pokemon game

Attached: my-image (3).png (957x682, 856K)

>Richter
>Mediocre

Attached: 1526585954579.png (512x416, 54K)

>Chrom is shit because he's a clone
>I just kinda put Daisy with Peach

Attached: 20180916_023520.png (500x498, 321K)

Smash characters ranked based on how much they deserve to be in Smash, often stated to be a collection of the most iconic/important video game characters of all time and a game which not only represents Nintendo history but video game history

Attached: my-image.png (1216x1265, 2.93M)

What's wrong with Lucas?

>Ike, the most popular character in the Fire Emblem series according to Nintendo's official international poll lower than Corrin, a character no one likes.
This is unironically the worst list in this thread.

Corrin was in games that sold well

Ike was in games people liked

Hey retard, Jigglypuff, Squirtle and Ivysaur are all in the same games as Pikachu.

Corrin is more recognizable since Corrin's games sold better, thus Corrin is more worthy of being in Smash than my le cult favorite
Although thinking about it now I'd probably put him over to Kind of deserves a spot since he got 2 games and is popular with fans

Nothing really I just wish the only other mother character was a bit more different
He's a clone of a clone
>Inb4 Roy's not a clone anymore
All of Roy's moves are still extremely similar to Marths visually at least, this game doesnt need 4 Marths

>Hey retard, Jigglypuff, Squirtle and Ivysaur are all in the same games as Pikachu.
Guess which one is one of the most iconic video game characters of all time and which ones aren't
It's pretty fucking obvious to anyone with a brain cell that Pikachu, Charizard and Mewtwo are more iconc and remembered than Jigglypuff, Ivysaur and Squirtle. Those three are still well known for their franchise but I'm not going to consider them THAT worthy for Smash when we already have 3 whole Gen 1 Pokemon to represent Pokemon as a whole

Avatar is the best selling movie of all time and yet the general public can't name a single character from that movie.
Sales do not equal fame.

Why the fuck is Diddy not in Deserves a spot?

Attached: 1561608492867.png (500x386, 101K)

Ike is still somehow more popular than Corrin

Donkey Kong already can represent the franchise. At least I put him in Kind of deserves a spot

>somehow
Ike has a whole Smash game more than Corrin

If Chrom is a clone of Marth, then Dr. Mario is a clone of Luigi.

Yeah this is the worst list itt this is how you end up with mvcu

>B-but Ike is only popular because of Smash!
So? Doesn't mean he's not popular.

You could say the same for Mario and Pikachu yet you still have Luigi and Charizard above Diddy. Diddy has also been in a fuckton of Mario spinoffs and has 2 amiibos so he has much more fame than most other characters in that category.

Guess Diddy might deserve a higher spot. Luigi and Charizard are more iconic than any characters in the Donkey Kong franchise besides Donkey Kong himself, which is why they're in a higher tier.

No I dont mean chrom is a clone of Marth Roy is, and chrom is a clone of Roy making him a clone of a clone which to me is retarded I'm not changing my stance on him Marth should of just been like how they're making hero where his alts are different lords

put roy in mediocre additions and give his spot to robin right god damn now you idiot. i’m tired of you melee motherfuckers giving a character who was designed to be red marth in both his game and in smash a pass when robin remains the only non marth archetype in smash. i’m SICK of it.

Attached: F05E3053-3ACD-4A46-9E23-EB91B595A470.jpg (360x352, 21K)

He already moved Robin.
Read the thread.

>try playing Incineroar
>he's fucking great, ton of fun
>but anyone with a projectile or anything beyond average speed in matchmaking will play extremely campy

Attached: 1551315652939.jpg (1012x506, 70K)

The only things Marth and Roy share anymore are a side special and a down special. Oh yeah, they also share a taunt.

and yet roy remains

Ooh, and Nair.
I forgot about Nair.

Snake sucks.
Snake always sucked.

You can take that one up with OP, I guess.

I recently went and looked at all their moves side by side, they are all so similar it might as well be the same sure he's not exactly close enough to be called a clone anymore but he's still damn near close

Why are people so obsessed with their head canon idea of a good roster and their arbitrarily defined good additions?
Do you lose to the characters you dislike a lot or something and want them removed?

Attached: 1561265387237.png (1024x890, 585K)

They're a lot more similar than you think they are actually.
I'll defend clones all day, but Marth and Roy are actually quite similar, its not to the degree of Fox v Wolf.

I give OP credit because, for once, I'm having a difficult time debating this tier list. Granted, it's mostly positive and not really incendiary or trollish, but it's still a good list.

Maybe I'd move Robin and Corrin to Good Additions because, although they're Fire Emblem characters, they're still not Echo fighters.

As someone who mained Doc in Melee, he's lost a lot of what made him great.

Attached: drmario.png (381x315, 97K)

It's just dumb fun

Is it? Because I see it starting to cross the line, to the point where people start overall disliking the entire series due to Smash.
Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest are taking the blunt of it lately.

Except for the fact that they have completely different playstyles?
Roy is entirely a rushdown character, using his speed to his advantage by staying in his opponent's space.
Marth is more of a careful spacing character, attempting to keep the opponent at a sword's length away, as even though he has decent speed, he doesn't have enough speed to get through a close range fight.

good. fuck the representation of FE in smash. people should be mad about the abundance of sword lords representing a series that prides itself on weapon variance. it took until the 4th entry in the series to get something other than the titular sword lord of the latest game and we STILL ended up with lucina. It’s ridiculous. as for DQ? hoes mad.

Thanks. After some reading and thinking, I ended up making a slight change.
It's a positive list because almost every character in Smash is good or better, with over half the cast being absolutely awesome. The only characters I actually think are complete wastes of space are Corrin,the Mii fighters, and the clones.

>and Dragon Quest
Literally because of Fire emblem having 4 Marths the whole anime swordsmen complaint stems from fire emblem if smash just had Marth Ike Robin and Corrin I doubt many people would complain. Well I guess people would still complain about corrin

You both clearly didn't read my post.
The characters of FE has led to people crossing over the line of disliking them in smash, to now disliking Fire Emblem as a whole, and denouncing it as a terrible same-y series. Which is what my entire point is trying to convey.
How did it go from dumb fun, to disdain?

That's just how things go its like how people hate undertale because of the fanbase, plus fire emblem is kind of niche so I doubt most people who complain about it would ever actually play it anyway.

>Cloud
>god tier addition
Fuck off

You forgot Levin sword/bronze sword aerials

corrin did it. Corrin was a blatant advertisement for what turned out to be a mediocre at best entry in a series that had only just found true success statside. Corrin was the SECOND fe character added to smash 4 as DLC and the 4th sword lord in the lineup. He was also the only first party newcomer for smash 4, the rest were returning verterans or 3rd party shakeups. This placed a MASSIVE spotlight on FE and it was NOT a good one.

>daisy
>must have
>ken
>richter
>nice additions

>lucas
>eh
Your list is even worse than the OP. How the fuck are a bunch of echo characters above characters that are unique or atleast have diffferent moves and properties from the character they're based on?

In what fucking universe does anyone actually give a shit about Pikmin? Olimar is a mediocre addition. Little Mac is a god tier addition.

Okay I moved up lucas

Attached: my-image (5).png (957x738, 859K)

>Ritcher
>Mediocre
Die monster, you don't belong in this world

He's way more unique than punch man

Worldwide the two series are pretty comperable
But in Japan...

Attached: 20190627_053436.jpg (1080x1476, 208K)

Okay now move up my buddy, Chrom.

Attached: download (1).png (400x726, 375K)

>Ridley
>Not God Tier

Tell me user did you play awakening what do you like about him? I just found him and Lucina to be painfully dull.

>post yfw great additions and everything below it gets cut in smash 6

Attached: 23.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

Chrom was just a dutiful guy, and I liked that. You could tell he didn't really want to be royalty, he just kinda wanted to journey the lands with his friends and help people, but then his sister dies and he's next in line to be king. But unlike characters like Ephraim or Hector, Chrom never really complains about this, he's smart enough to understand that this is who people need him to be and he moves on because he knows it's the right thing to do.

I dunno. I'm not really that good at putting these things into words, but I liked Chrom throughout Awakening. I think it's a shame that Chrom was originally a popular request in the road to Smash 4, but because he was added after like 5 more FE characters people hate him now.

Attached: FE_Heroes_Intro_Chrom.png (1522x1586, 1020K)

Well I'm glad you got someone you like user I dont like him but I dont think any character should be cut I understand every character is some ones favorite

Thank you, surprisingly wholesome user.

Attached: 20181107_142131.png (634x382, 311K)