Attached: DTD.jpg (853x938, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7UoKRqY4ql4
youtube.com/watch?v=bO4dCFjfA1c
youtube.com/watch?v=OZ7IxXN9hm0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is a very bad thread.

>why is the fan base so autistic?
i mean how is that even a question. just look at this retarded shit. you NEVER have to ask if fans of kh have broken brains. they do.

a bad thread for a bad game.

Reminder that the first game is still the best.

>You know that evil scientist guy from the first game?
>turns out he was lying about his identity, he's actually this other guy
This is when I knew something was wrong with KH2's plot. There were warning signs but this crap sealed it. And probably the only reason that twist exists is so Nomura could make an anagram with an X out of the villain's name.

I love every game in the series and I fully agree with you. It has the best aesthetic and I like the HUD the best. Hunting for synthesis materials was never as fun again.

I have never seen a post more based than this one.

video games literally cannot surpass kingdom hearts as an artform

I'll add that I'm not even talking about Final Mix. Straight up original PS2 version. Final Mix added leaf bracer and it just ruined the actual decent challenge that the game otherwise provided on expert.

There's a shitton of ways it could be improved upon (camera, platforming, controls, gummi sections, etc) but I think in terms of structure and story it's definitely the best. I would love a return to KH1's style but with more polish. KH's plot is a mess and the combat has become too flashy. Oddly enough I think FFVIIR is not that far off what I'd want a new KH to be like, more down-to-earth combat but still with a bit of flair. Obviously KH would still need jumping and all that.

Very true. You can notice it especially in the Riku fight.

/thread

Final Mix has Proud Mode though. If I'm remembering correctly, the original only had Expert mode which wasn't quite as challenging. And honestly I've never enjoyed the game and appreciated the combat more than when I played through it on Proud.

I remember needing to actually grind for 3 crystal crowns and shit just for a fighting chance at Sephiroth in the original release. FM is just... yeah. Not the same.

>Overall
Yeah sure I'll give it up for KH1
>Mechanically
KH2FM
>Boss Fights
KH2FM
>Keyblades
KH2FM
>Forms
KH2FM

KH1 is probably the most cohesive and well-polished product, but KH2FM is the most rewarding as a game. If you're purely interested in gameplay, challenge, and technical freedom, KH2FM is leagues ahead of the rest of the series. KH1 is no slouch but it's pedestrian in comparison if you isolate the games to just their mechanical aspects.

Attached: 1559444357018.png (344x366, 104K)

>Hunting for synthesis materials was never as fun again
Finally, someone who understands.

I won’t forgive Kingdom hearts 3. I won’t.

I'd argue that "Simple" does not equate to "Mechanically inferior". KHI does everything it wants to do correctly, so it's not like KHII perfected the things that were lacking, they just added new things that were also good.

Attached: cake.jpg (540x405, 60K)

I'd agree with you if KH2 was so brain dead easy except for the endgame optional fights.

Never needed to learn any of the fights besides data org rematches, and besides, I'll still never forgive KH2 for removing tech exp for the rest of the series.

kingdom farts

>the hysterical laughter when they reach him in oneyplays

Is this real

The options were simpler in KH1 but I actually had to use them instead of reaction commanding my way to victory.

The Cerberus fight 1 is a great example of actually needing to time attacks, back off when appropriate, and needing to dodge roll. It's a demanding fight for the start of the game and I wish that is a thing that would continue for the rest of the series.

BBS kiiiiinda scratched that itch but also had a bunch of gay bullshit like needing to play monopoly and mario kart to unlock the really great optional fights.

>press triangle to win boss fights
>better
No one cares about any of this shit besides speedrunning trannies. 1 was infinitely better.

Would you re-buy the Remixes if they forced all the previous games that had Command Deck to play like KH2FM?

KH3 had some of my favorite moments in the entire series and I really have no serious complaints aside from the current lack of endgame content.

In a heartbeat. I don't even dislike the command deck.

Fuck no. It's aged horribly. The god awful camera and platforming

The first game is the best and it's STILL flawed in so many ways. There are so many horrible design decisions that people like to ignore. It's easy to get blinded by nostalgia until you watch somebody play this shit for the first time and get caught up on things that should have never been in the game.

>Get to Traverse Town for the first time
>Go into Second District
>Watch a cutscene of a heartless killing a dude, then a bunch of other heartless spawn and start attacking you
>Instead of exploring this new area, to progress the game you need to IGNORE ALL OF THE HEARTLESS, turn around, and go into the shop, without exploring anything

The game has so many weird flags that need to be triggered to progress the story. I remember Tarzan's world having some of this bullshit too, where you just need to walk into a map then turn around. KH2 took the lazy way out of this problem and just turned half of the maps into hallways. Unskippable cutscenes each time you die and Gummi ships only adds to the annoyance.

>BBS was simpler
It was simpler. Press triangle for flashy abilities to win. And this gameplay extended to the "great" optional boss fights. I hope you're not including mysterious figure when you say that.

>triangle to win

Show me a single video of Critical Silhouettes or Data Org dying to Triangle spam, I'll be here all thread. Or even just any main story org fight, go ahead. Burden of proof is on the accuser faggot.

Attached: 1558140286164.jpg (676x676, 24K)

Nah it's aged fine.

Camera kinda sucks but the platforming is easy. There's actual intersting level design, combat that you can't just spam attack and reaction commands to win, a story that's self contained and reasonably paced, a good arena, boss fights that actually give exp, the whole tech exp mechanics, backtracking that's actually rewarded. Like fuck, what even happened with the sequels.

Attached: 1551556310601.png (401x573, 261K)

Dilate

Good show, this what KH1 with KH2 mechanics would look like:

youtube.com/watch?v=7UoKRqY4ql4

Hell no, gameplay wise its trash
Story wise its good and not convuluted like the rest of the series, that's its only saving grace

Wholeheartedly agreed. I like to think that everything afterwards is just bad fanfiction.

Maybe for you. Not me.

This but unironically

Mysterious figure excluded. Was mostly referring to Armor of Eraqus and No Heart.

I've only played 1 and 2 on Ps3, and I have to agree with this, except I don't really care for the keyblades apart from the Christmas one. I played 2 for the first time just recently on Proud difficulty and holy fuck some of those bosses were intense.

You're the one bleeding, kid. I doubt you can even handle Crit.

Attached: 1495595781804.jpg (530x587, 61K)

wait, I meant critical, I read Proud earlier in the thread and typed that

Not him, but the platforming is definitely not good. For most of the worlds it doesn't really matter because the worlds are designed around the jump physics, but any of the levels where you need to do precision platforming (The start of Destiny Islands, parts of Deep Jungle, and parts of 100 Acre Wood, for example) it all goes to shit real fast.

Pfft

Attached: 1561487768005.png (500x443, 230K)

The scene where Goofy gets knocked out cold and Mickey and Donald get pissed and start fighting followed by Final Fantasy characters helping you fight is the most Kingdom Hearts scene in the entire series

Proud was "harder" from an enemy stat perspective but FM added gear/abilities that made the game as a whole much easier so that kind of removes the added challenge compared to expert mode.

And honestly I didn't notice much of a difference between expert and proud, and I remember losing to Riku on tutorial islands a lot more in the original release compared to proud mode.

pls no bully, I got bullied enough by Xemnas

The only part of the game that has platforming to the extent where people would get pissed is Agrabah, mostly the cave of wonders, and hippo lagoon in Deep Jungle. The 100 acre wood part that wants platforming, namely the tree hopping part, has an auto-jump function.

The platforming isn't great but it so rarely requires precision and skill that people who raise it as a legitimate complaint are just meming at this point.

>You know that evil scientist guy from the first game?
>turns out he was lying about his identity, he's actually this other guy
>ACTUALLY he's this OTHER guy in this other other guys body
I could handle it in 2, but why the fuck did there need to be another identity twist in BBS?

This game is fucking surreal, I can't believe it got made. Like no one, not one person, on the team just stood up and asked, "what the fuck?"

Ya know, Traverse Town as Roxas in 2 is a legitimately well paced part of the game with an engaging story the first time you play through it.

The rest of the game is a fucking car crash of a narrative in comparison.

Attached: 1529612892247.gif (245x210, 1.84M)

Fake

I mean, it's not triangle to win, but any of the solo data fights could be beaten near instantly with Trinity spam.

No thanks.

It's stupid, but to be fair when Xehanort first possesses Terra and you see his hair turn white and everything clicks on Xehanort's identity, then you fight him as Lingering Will, is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, moments in the series. Maybe it's because I didn't play BBS until 2017 (hadn't touched KH since KH2 launch) but I did not see that coming and it was a godlike moment.

Attached: tumblr_pi07im3M1K1u6ojdfo2_r4_500.gif (500x225, 2.49M)

BBS has a lot of great moments, it's just bogged down by a lot of trash.

I still can't believe there are people here who claim the plot isn't convoluted. When you fucking explain the connection Sora, Roxas, Ventas, Vanitas, and Digital Data Sora to someone face to face in real life, it all sounds like ridiculous hot garbage that someone made up as they went.

Attached: 1546421270512.jpg (1240x800, 338K)

Literally the only bad thing to come from KH3 was the legions of unfunny internet "comedians" acting like all of their lazy, 15+ year old jokes about the series were groundbreaking and beyond surface level. It was all so passionless and tired.

>it all sounds like ridiculous hot garbage that someone made up as they went.
yeah that's about right

Explain why that's inherently bad.

Every game's plot sounds stupid if you actually talk about it.

Because the first game wasn't like that.

reminder that kingdom hearts is for children transitioning into teenage years aka 12-15 year olds. A little bit of childhood and a little bit of edge

Sonic Adventure 2 is pretty deep.

Attached: open_graph8976182905345812501image.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Okay, now do it for real.

The issue isn't even with the plot. It's that the plot is paced out like absolute fucking vomit in every game except for the first. So you end up with games that meander around with filler story for 90% of the time, then the actual plot happens in the last two hours in the game in some kind of ridiculous info dump that it's impossible to give a shit at that point.

3 is actually the worst offender of this as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=bO4dCFjfA1c

I'm just saying, I can't even care anymore when the REAL villain is introduced 4(5?) games in. And the end of 3 implied Xehanort wasn't even the real mastermind either. This is what happens when you make an open and short story 1 game in, and then make a franchise out of it.

>KH2 came out when I was 14

Organization XIII was unironically based back then. Except Marluxia, even faggot teenager me knew he was a tryhard jobbing loser. But Xemnas and Xigbar were turbochads with badass jackets in my adolescent mind.

Attached: xemnas_big_finish.jpg (1024x964, 171K)

KH1 certainly didn't have any
>I'm him and he's me and your me and your you but also me

post the chip and dale one

Attached: d0f.jpg (1069x1200, 169K)

The series started off good
Just enough edgy, with just enough Disney faggotry.
Story was about world hopping, and it made sense technically Mulan and Herecules exist in the same but separate worlds. Hell, I'd even forgive the gummi ship shit.

But holy fuck, it was bad enough when Mickey donned a fucking hoodie, but when they started using keyblade-bikes to do interstellar travel, I fucking threw in the towel. Thank god I didn't experience the, 'I WAS TRACKING YO THROUGH YOUR CHOICE OF WARDROBE ALL ALONG". I think I might have an annuerism if I did.

The developers had to be in on the joke, right? No way they didn't catch the inherent humor in scenes like these. R-right??

Attached: smugcraft.jpg (768x909, 218K)

I dropped KH1 after the Tarzan area but I still look at KH threads often because they're the funniest shit without context, and probably with context too.

Attached: 1473803380973.png (691x1192, 455K)

KH is just taking its writing from superhero comics. Xavier, for example. married a birdlike humanoid xeno monarch, had a stepbrother who is literally named Cain and is possessed by a demonic spirit that gives him superpowers, and had an evil twin spirit sibling that has taken physical form that Xavier recognized as evil, and preemptively tried to kill her with his mutant powers while they were still both in the womb of their mother.

Atmosphere is god tier especially in twilight town but its gameplay and bosses are inferior

Xaldin stop being a paranoid fuck it's just a candlelabra.

I don't really get the "inferior bosses" thing. KH1 actually has a decent challenge from the bosses due to it's slower pace and more deliberate motions. I never got any challenge from story bosses in 2.

Kingdom Hearts started off with potential. The idea of hopping around from one Disney world to another was fun.

But then it got way 2deep4u and tried hard to be edgy.

Attached: 1547213235199.png (792x590, 380K)

>Going through the series so I can play 3
>Get to the Coded movie
>3~ hours
>Data-Sora loses his memory halfway through the but it doesn't matter in the end because the game/movie still goes on for another hour

Attached: dan collapses.jpg (492x412, 103K)

Way too many characters who are really the same characters but not because they're different but they're same

Nothing made any fucking sense and it was impossible to take anything seriously with goddamn Mickey Mouse, Goofy, and Donald being portrayed they way they were.

Not to mention all the Final Fantasy characters were even more pointless and just there to help sell copies

Attached: 1547213269944.jpg (474x266, 71K)

That wardrobe tracking thing never really comes up again either. "The Recusants Sigil" is the twist Nomura literally created in order to have a big reveal and then never really expanded on or maybe literally forgot. You'd think the cast would just call him Lea so as to avoid literally being tracked but no he wants to be called Axel and there are X's on basically everyone's outfits

For its many problems I will give it credit for making Donald and Goofy relevant. Those two deserved to be more than pointless jobbers for once and I’m glad they were there for the final boss. They deserved it more than anyone.

fuck them. They got their shot in kh1. The final boss should have been sora, kairi, and riku like the whole series was building up for. KH3 just shat on just about every character

Attached: 1535797109482.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

Nomura is a fucking hack

this is the only right answer desu. He had no real plan about what to do past 1, that's why there's so much Xehanorts

>MUH OCS

Remember when Xehanort's apprentice looked like Sora as a big twist

Nah. Kairi hasn’t done anything to deserve the honor. Meanwhile Donald and Goofy have had Sora’s back since the beginning.

Funny that the explanation behind that is actually pretty simple. He’s just an edgelord that wants to be his opposite.

>that time I drew kindom hearts art for my teacher
Be real with me bros was it cringe?

they had a shitload of spinoffs and the entire 3rd game to build up kairi. If they didn't want to do that then they should have never shoved her into the main plot in the first place. It made the whole training and even the end of 2 feel like a giant waste of time and letdown

But I thought he was Ventus' opposite

That's not an excuse for a bad plot. Most of its source material was both for children and had a good plot.

The thing is, they want serious, but they completely mishandled both Mickey Mouse and Donald. You want serious Mickey? Look at Epic Mickey. Serious Donald? Just read the comics, or Papernik, or anything that tells us you researched the actual source of these characters and didn't just throw them in because they're Disney's icons. By KH3, it feels like they were just there because they were there in 1 and give Donald a spell that you need to be a genius in order to cast because W/E, can't be arsed to make him do any cool adventurer antics.

>Disney villains matter with a sprinkle of "Darkness" until you get to the final boss
It was a simpler time

youtube.com/watch?v=OZ7IxXN9hm0

Or reflect spam
Or Form Firaga spam
Or Genie Summons
KH2 had alot more options than just LmaoTriangle, the only problem was that they were ALL unbalanced, and unless you specifically played challenge like level 1 critical you never were really challenged.
I won't say that KH1 was particularly challenging of a game, even on its highest difficulties but the powerlevels hadn't gotten so absurd yet.

I like the first and 2nd for different reasons. I loved hunting for shroom people in the first one for materials and knowing how to manipulate them to get what you wanted, and the story was good. But the combat was clunky and frankly, wasn't challenging. But I love the 2nds combat, and I loved a couple of the worlds in the second game, like Pride lands, Mulan, Tron, and Pirates of the Carribbean. It's okay to like each for different reasons, and perhaps you would be better suited to substitute the word 'best' with 'my favorite', since there isn't really an objectively 'better' entry into the series, in this case it depends on perspective.