Touhou Thread

youtube.com/watch?v=VAkR1vQBi6c

Will you guys play Sanae's new game?

Attached: Sanae.png (1920x944, 2.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=byfXri2KEmY
youtube.com/watch?v=IOT2PQY9pSQ
store.steampowered.com/app/931500/Touhou_Genso_Wanderer_Reloaded__TOD_RELOADED__TOD_RELOADED/
youtube.com/watch?v=-8j31aF4mrc
youtube.com/watch?v=C4gaWY5THh4
youtu.be/UbqoImQZ-EY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No I will not be buying tenshi’s game.
But thanks anyways

Yes. Please give me a Sanae plushy NISA.

Touhou 17 will be the first Touhou game I've ever played. Wish me luck!

>new
Has been out for ages on PC

Attached: 1520892299997.jpg (500x500, 49K)

No, because there is no PC version
Guess I'll go back to play Genso Wanderer

Attached: 1554976545094.jpg (255x255, 19K)

>Has been out for ages on PC

Attached: 1519885673802.gif (500x419, 239K)

Like 8 years ago nigga youtube.com/watch?v=byfXri2KEmY

Attached: 1479334257788.jpg (302x383, 56K)

This is a remake desu.

The remake is also old youtube.com/watch?v=IOT2PQY9pSQ

That's not the same game, that is the game that came out prior to this.

Incorrect.

store.steampowered.com/app/931500/Touhou_Genso_Wanderer_Reloaded__TOD_RELOADED__TOD_RELOADED/

Lotus Labyrinth is completely new.

Sorry I'll just play touhoumon.

It really is, my bad then

tohous are only good for rape

Playin Tempest of Heaven and Earth right now and it's pretty nice. Spamming World Creation Press on bosses is fun as fuck

Attached: tenshi FUCKING KILLS A CATFISH.jpg (1155x990, 269K)

I'm really enjoying Genso Wanderer Reloaded so sure, why not. More roguelikes are always a good thing.

I don't really like the fan games.

Attached: f1d7e8fc-53df-407a-b119-3af1b367769e.png (123x100, 19K)

that's all we have for discussion unless someone wants to discuss how to play the shmups

Speaking of fangames, where can I find a full translation for Fantasy Maiden War 2? Does it even exist?

None of them past the first has a truly "Full" translation.

What about fightans and floatans?

Attached: 1556397080938.png (650x500, 251K)

@ me when its luna nights

>Krobon and Ladybug releasing on console
I'd play it AND pay for it. Those guys deserve mad props for what they've managed to pull off as a circle.

What went wrong with her game?

Attached: 1558143264464.png (197x322, 91K)

Which game?

Some of them are alright

Attached: ss_43fa1e6455ea753bbbbd0aafce11a9c5a5f75afc.600x338.jpg.cacfd84c69fffadb73782043bbb7549f.jpg (600x336, 349K)

I'm curious to hear an user who has never even heard of touhou before or no much of anything about the series opinion of all the touhou posts.

Attached: Didnt_buy_skyrim_on_switch.jpg (524x532, 74K)

Someone please give her a vanilla tag.

Attached: 1383316507097.jpg (810x960, 473K)

Repetitive spellcards in the later days is wasted potential
Teleporting being bound to double shift instead of C also sucks.
That bug where pressing R to reset not working if you haven't died during that spell pisses me off to no end.
The fact the game can't be beaten teleportless also sucks.

It's a shame because the rest is pretty good

Attached: oh_no_no_no_no.png (404x430, 347K)

I used to think that Touhou was some weeb visual novel/dating sim until a few months ago, all thanks to the average quality of the posts

>tfw having to scroll through 20 pages of rape and guro to find something remotely vanilla

Attached: 1557405824786.png (360x423, 225K)

start with 6, or 7 if you want an easier time
nu-zun is kinda hard to get into and most nu-zun games are kinda bad

thanks doc

sure why not i liked genso wanderer

I would argue that ZUN was never good and Touhou rides entirely on its on characters. We just stick by ZUN because he is the creator and there's a sort of ironic joy looking at his poorly made trash.

spoken like a true secondary

are you like the nega-me

Kuso post.
Please kill yourself immediately.

Attached: 1560377162844.png (1600x1564, 1.22M)

ULiL? Occult balls

Attached: 1557071228504.png (410x205, 96K)

How am I a secondary? I've literally only played ZUN's games. As fa as shmups go, Touhou isn't even in the top 10 of the genre and the games are cheap and poorly made. Anyone with a brain can see that. And yeah its made by 1 guy, but doesn't make it not shit. It's just understandably shit.

COCKROACHES

How good of a roguelike is this game?

stop embarrassing yourself. Let me guess, if I ask "well what shmups do you play?" You are going to use the blanket poser answers
>Cho Ren Sha 68K
>Ikaruga
>Crimzon Clover
>Dodonpachi
>Devil Engine
>Zero Ranger
>oh and CAVE games are shit!
because these are the absolute poser answers and the easiest to parrot fake opinions on.

i want to see someone that says 4 and 7 simulatenously that would be great

This. Anyone that thinks 2hu is one of the better shmups is delusional. That's not even talking about its absolutely trash aesthetic.

I, for one, think the art is charming.

Attached: Touhou-17-screenshot-4.png (512x384, 420K)

Its charming in the "my retarded little brother drew this" kind of way.

I think it's charming too. Plus you just can't hate ZUN, he's a good guy who just wants to have fun and get hammered.

>has literal checkpoints and save
>hard to get into
??

Attached: Th15front.jpg (1000x988, 220K)

He needs to make an artist friend who will drew for him for free or something.

it really is
very unique too

how do I get through stage 5?

A newcomer will probably give up at clownpiece, if not earlier
if you really want savestates play the aya games

It wouldn't be 2hu without the babby art.

Attached: 1301928194009.jpg (304x315, 33K)

I can deal with the bad character art but look at your picture, the background is hideous and the colors are awful. Its like he went into Photoshop and took a random brush tool to the page then hit the 'Invert Colors' button.

Where are you stuck? The elevators, the log ride. or where there are walls of fire and lots of obstacles?

It's more like a principle if anything. Hirasaka drew for GFW because it ties in with the manga, whoever the fuck at Tasofro drew for the fighting games because they made them.
Except that one time Alphes color for his art in PoFV. Just made it look weird as shit honestly

Attached: 1556971826788.jpg (1024x768, 139K)

The long jump and the log ride

Has anyone here played either the 2D or 3D versions of Code R? They're pretty fun games.

Attached: CODER.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

For the log ride you want to spirit grasp that ball that showers blue orbs to raise the water level and then after that you spirit grasp those spirit flame guys that shoot anti clockwise to cause the scorching weather effect to lower the water level, I forget where that long jump area you're talking about is.

Why is 2hu dying guys? It used to be an internet phenomenon, now you barely hear a peep.

Attached: 1561363307391.jpg (1920x1080, 232K)

How many times do I have to lower the water level? it doesn't seem to be enough for me to ride through
>I forget where that long jump area you're talking about is
It's actually in the first area before the log ride, I actually knew the solution but can't seem to do it constantly for some reason

don't casuals just do all of the annoying things they used to do for other franchises now

Dynamarisa is Tasofro's best game.

Over time people moved to the many other, newer girl-heavy franchises.

Shmups aren't a popular genre to begin with and you have to have a special kind of pallet to play and enjoy Touhou.

But the main reason I guess is there's nothing being made that appeals to normies to get their interest. There isn't a big Touhou anime with a great studio and budget backing it or a some normie JRPG with pantsu shots and great art. That shit just doesn't exist. If you want to get into Touhou, there's a pretty decent barrier to entry that most people just don't qualify for. I doubt the vast majority of normies could even get past the artstyle.

Because people have no taste and would rather jump to soulless garbage like Kancolle and Fate because they have big tit bitches, disregarding anything about gameplay

Because westerners hate DDC while japs gave it their own convention

The internet lost its creative soul.

is this a sequel to genso wanderer? Is it just genso wanderer? Is it an expansion?
I bought it for PC already and it costed quite a bit but I barely ever play it and would have to redo the tutorial all over again, portability would probably help but is it the same game or a different one?

It is a sequel to the first game, yes.

There's a couple fan rpgs and like a smartphone game or some shit now. It's kind of bizarre how some of the fan games are arguably more accessible than the Shanghai Alice games because they're getting ports and official translations.

fuck then I'll get it, switch is my favorite place to play touhou fangames

>How many times do I have to lower the water level?
Lower it enough so that you can jump over the rock and get under the ceiling. After that you want to freeze the water by spirit grasping that white/purple fairy
>first area before the log ride
If you're talking about the very beginning you want to spirit grasp those purple fuzzy guys to cause the mountain breeze weather effect so you get more distance out of your jump.

I was going to say that that's not true but it seems like there's fewer fan videos than before. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

>find something on nico that I haven't seen before
>it's from like 8+ years ago

Touhou dying? Are you retarded?
There's just too much shit floating around so Touhou must share the spotlight, but they're just fads. They'll fade into obscurity, while Touhou will keep staying.

It'll probably keep going until Zun stops making the damn games, and even then there's going to be people still drawing Flandre and w/e for decades.

What are your thoughts on Azure Reflections for those who have played it? I overall really enjoyed it and the new danmaku rush ability was very satisfying to just slam into everything. The game was pretty forgiving so even a shitter like me was able to 1cc it. Still have to do ascetic mode

Attached: 1548050584382.png (289x270, 130K)

I haven't played it but watching some gameplay it looks interesting so I may give it a shot.

Touhou won't even die when ZUN dies.

>this shit again

Attached: 1542201334786.jpg (720x711, 61K)

>ZUN is dying
God dammit

Attached: em8wqdhiunu21.jpg (720x711, 61K)

why is tenshit such a brat

Because she is based on Son Wukong

great game, bought it on ps4 at first but I had to double dip when it came out for switch, it's finally a portable touhou game.
I can 1cc normal but hard is still beyond my grasp

Started playing 6, loved it, tried 7 which everyone says is better/more indicative of the series but the patterns felt a lot messier if that makes sense. Also less creative.

Will continue to play the rest soon.

Have fun user

it's the same damn game released over and over, of course it gets stale

Attached: pls no bulli the peach.png (1050x1050, 373K)

Consumers as a whole have just made a shift into more easily digestible products. This includes the game part of touhou and the fanside. Gacha shit has really muscled in on that stuff since they have much easier gameplay, and hot anime girls that are prime doujin bait.
It's still going strong, they have their own convention, and you hear about fangames like Luna Nights getting translations and appearing on steam. But as a whole, touhou really is reclining

Having the checkpoints only makes Piece more hellish, you are constantly trapped in an endless cycle of death and rebirth, constinuosly burned by lasers and starts or destroyed by a moon.

just wait till you get to 8
for most people, if everything didn't click on 7, it'll click on 8
youtube.com/watch?v=-8j31aF4mrc

Seven has lamer music, and the bosses aren't as cool or memorable.
I don't get the hype. Probably my least favorite not counting the gimmick ones.

>mystery dungeon clone
God I hate those

what's wrong with them?
t.never played any mystery dungeon game

What is that game platformer where you play as Suika and fly through the levels

Suisou Kagura by tea basira

Sanae is my wife but this game looks kinda bad desu

Attached: reimu reclining.jpg (455x500, 41K)

Attached: Koikatsu-2019-05-12-00-29-40.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

unironically this but only applies to like 3/4 of the mainline

Attached: wheelchair.png (256x346, 8K)

7 is pretty crap
and then 8 is the good shit

dumb Uraraposter

Yuyuko carries the rest of 7

Attached: 1553138575655.jpg (369x380, 128K)

is this the boobhu thread?

I'm sort of in the same boat as you, I started playing the games about a month ago. I liked 7, but the stages weren't as fun as in 6. I just started with 8, and I already like it better, although I suspect that some of the spell cards will be a bitch to nail.

The moeblob voice acting was a little too much but otherwise it looks fine.

>series that is ultimately about cool folklore and the beauty of its world
Nah man.

>entire jp fanbase decide to prank ZUN by making fanworks
????

what, you didn't realise this whole time?

Attached: its her.jpg (351x506, 40K)

remember to ban all yuyuko mains in soku

no

Just downloaded all touhou games today lads. Started with 6 just like others recommended. Are 1-5 worth playing too and I read somewhere you emulator n shit to play them.

yeah you play them through neko project that's bundled with the megapack, everything's in the readme.

they're absolutely worth playing
4 and 5 are basically windows games anyway in terms of mechanics
there's some excellent music in there
youtube.com/watch?v=C4gaWY5THh4

4 and 5 are definitely worth a play, just keep in mind that Touhou 6 acted like a soft reboot for the series, none of events taking place in Touhou 1-5 get brought up ever again and for the most part its as if it never happened.

They are good in a different way. PC98 took itself much less seriously and the dialogue took weird turns.

Preordered the Animate version.

Attached: resize_image.jpg (800x1130, 541K)

wow this looks terrible lol

Attached: 1560888384644.jpg (1080x1350, 182K)

Best stage 3 comin' through

Attached: jiggy.gif (200x161, 986K)

FUCK
youtu.be/UbqoImQZ-EY

are there any tomboys in touhou

I want to touch.

1 is an Arkanoid clone
2 is a really janky shmup
3 is decent
4 and 5 are great

Attached: 1557589958632.png (897x960, 411K)

NO MORE VIDEOGAMES MARISA

I have to turn off the voices when playing certain Japanese games. Anything more than grunts or screams when you attack or take damage is usually too much for me.
Dialogue is a somewhat different matter, but when the default tone of voice feels like an over the top parody of a cutesy voice, I doubt the voice acting will enhance my experience.
This game thus appears guilty of the two great Japanese voice acting sins.

Looks like a 2005 flash game from miniclip

most of the fan games are kinda crappy
luckily, the ones that aren't tend to be really good

Attached: Th06Cirno.png (128x244, 46K)

El insecto de género ambiguo.

Attached: file.png (172x324, 74K)

Any good Cirno fan games out there?

Attached: 1560726517211.png (2000x2200, 3.09M)

why is she covering her mouth?

The fuck. 7’s music was great. I love the MIDI drums.

Genderbent blonde Hatsune Miku

Attached: cool miko.jpg (780x800, 303K)

Cirno
Yuugi
Seija
Mokou
Marisa

fairy wars

In case that Sephiroth wing and white hair don't point it out, she's a chunni

Attached: 1556474868514.jpg (800x1182, 371K)

She can alter the course of reality just by speaking. So she doesn't really like talking.
Oh, and

>that pic
I think i wouldn't be able to stay there more that a couple of minutes.

How would you get down it you were already up there.

Don't know maybe i just fucking die. That's why i won't try that shit never. Maybe i would try free fall but climbing is a big no.

Attached: sanae.png (545x291, 134K)

I just want a PatchCon sequel, or a PatchCon/Gensokyo Tower Defense hybrid, that's all.