Alright I bought it. So how do I get good?

Alright I bought it. So how do I get good?

Attached: images.jpg (268x188, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-vT-QalDRME
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Learn how to KBD, I guess. It helps you space.

Play lili and other waifu characters

Attached: lili3.jpg (600x779, 107K)

There's guides in the general.

Learn whiff punishment. Learn that it is a 3d game and not a 2d game.

Learn a basic bitch combo, remember that it's 3D and not 2D, learn your basic punish moves, 1 jab is very good for poking.

Also remember to take your time and have fun.

You won't, you'll quit in a few days and go back to playing TF2, Minecraft or DOTA

This.

Attached: D0P02uNUcAAr_mC.jpg orig.jpg (750x974, 89K)

>pick a character
>customise them
>learn a few basic combos
>play online and get your shit pushed in then quit and never reinstall

so what makes tekken harder than most fighters?
back before i got into fighters I assumed that tekken was one of the easier ones due to all the casuals that i know playing it back in the day

youtube.com/watch?v=-vT-QalDRME

i already decided on bryan actually

Practice spacing, basics, and fight a lot of people to learn. Don't just fight your 1 friend over and over with the same character.

Part of it is that it has the bigass movelist of a 3D fighter but also the long combos of a 2D fighter. Looots of matchup knowledge. More execution barriers than most other fighters this gen.

watch youtube videos for one.

you can check tekgen in /vg/ and avoid kingjae in youtube, anyways its a super long, hard, grueling road but it gets a bit better as time goes on

Remember to cancel your movement with other movement so you can then move quickly with more movement in a given direction or even other movement directions which then has to be canceled with more movement cancels into more movement.
Also a big ass move list which you only need to remember about 20 or so things because the rest has such minimal use outside of specific scnearioes that may be required for the amountof matchup knowldge you will need.

It's easy bro, just play the in-game tutorial

Attached: 1531474403744.png (256x256, 26K)

/tekgen/ is full of shitters, morons, and genuinely malicious shitposters. Use the resources in their OP but don't actually listen to them.

>1000s of hours of autistic framedata memorization
>shit movement nerfed from previous tekken games
>strings that turn into mix ups
>no spacing game, just be pointblank and do unreactable mid/unreactable low until someone blocks right then punish with a launcher into a minute long juggle combo
>random shitskin pakis, frenchmen, and some guy nobody knows mashing with a low tier bear character winning the biggest tekkuck tournaments in the world and slaying all the gooks because they're using strategies they haven't memorized (LMFAO)
>most annoying /r/kappa fanbase ever that feels the need to shill tekken and try to shit on anyone in the fgc that doesn't play tekken everywhere even though they suck ass
>tekken players literally use a BOT that tells them framedata while playing online because it's so dependent on memorizing framedata of random moves
>ridiculous tracking on moves, side steps almost nonexistent

How about you play a better game? Play anything but Tekken.

Don't forget, Tekken fags HATE HATE HATE new players. People will try to yell at you and shame you at your locals for being a new player. I've seen it happen, Tekkucks being assholes and forcing people to quit the game. If you're not a 30yo that's been playing since tekken 3 they'll hate you and find any reason to insult your playstyle and shit on you for not playing the "right" way.

Attached: tekken vs virtua fighter.webm (512x576, 2.72M)

DORYA

Keep playing. Good is subjective, but if you want to be considered solid at the game it takes years of effort.

>posting le Dorf f-smash meme
This isn't a fighting game. Go back to the toddler arena.

Attached: esidisibait.jpg (680x794, 227K)

Spot the assmad SF player.
Not even going to get into just how wrong that essay of a post is. Someone else with more time and energy can tackle that one.

How come Tekken players are so malicious and mean spirited?

I rarely come across that behavior in SF, KOF or any anime fighters

Is 15 the proper amount of moves I need to cover all the important situations as a beginner?
Can I get away with jab, a launcher/hopkick, a low, mid-poke, and homing move?

They really are not. It's just that online threads and in game draws idiots. If you go out to a local to play chances are everyone is chill even if you are new.

lmao nobody plays this anymore user
enjoy waiting an hour for a match every damn time

>Mfw people complain they need to learn tekken

Learning was a luxury to me back in the Tekken Revolution days. I only just found the game and you couldnt practice no move list and had to wait for play time to regenerate until much later in its lifespan. YOU UNGRATEFUL FUCKS

cringe
Based

lookup the lord hagrid himself mr. avoidingthepuddle for tutorials and great funny guy in general

Try not to get salty or mad, and don't over obsess with max damage combos.

Attached: 1543693581380.gif (256x194, 948K)

>no Yoshi (my main since I was a kid)
>introduced Eliza into the series

God, why was Revolution so bad.

based
fuck weebs and fuck waifus

I see now that it was bad but it did accomplosh what it set out to do and bring more new players into the scene. Besides Tag 2 already existed.

>le girls scares him man

Yiiiiikes

shitters spotted

Attached: 1543751953973.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

modded eliza is cute!

Attached: eliza.jpg (1600x900, 213K)

>yikes
>femboy fag
checks out you complete homo

is that hard to do?

taunt b4? pretty hard

everything he did in the webm. bryan is the character i like the most since istarted playing

it starts with a 3+4 (x and circle) counterhit combo that is not too hard

the end move where he spreads his arms and raises his knee(unblockable taunt) into another knee(b4 just frame) hit is hard, it's bryan's most technical move, but honestly you won't need it until you really hit the top notch ranks

The taunt b4 part is sort of hard but you can do it with experience, the rest is mostly simple.

No.

Read the manga about little girls playing Tekken.

First off you play the story because it's cool. Then you go to practice mode. Practice mode now has everything you need to learn. You may not be told everything you should, but like I said, it has everything you need to learn.

Learning combos is actually a really good way to learn. But I don't mean big launcher combos I mean all the little combos you get off of different counter hits and other stray circumstances. Learn a low parry combo? More likely to start low parrying. etc etc

Starting off, find a character you like, learn basic pokes and punishes, learning side stepping and defensive options and then start learning some basic combos off of your set ups.

Attached: 3ba63a536f9cead0a8d9f083d29169f1.png (1280x1443, 667K)

This user is an homo, but this post really makes me want a new VF.

>uses standard 3D "template" characters that are easy to understand but still makes them feel very different like a 2D game
>mind game so deep they literally invented their own word for it
>stage selection means something
>both stray hits and combos are equally viable playstyles

Attached: 1534535057581.gif (255x170, 677K)

I feel like the game would be much better if 150% hp bar was the default.

The combo is fairly easy. Taunt is really hard but the character doesn't need it until really high level. Don't even bother with it for a long while, it's frame-perfect shit.

Yes. I'd recommend going through your character's movelist and doing each move just so you feel comfortable with your character but it's perfectly fine to stick to a very basic set of moves in matches when you're starting. Even top level players stick to the basics when they're picking up new characters.

At first it's fine just knowing some basic pokes and counter hit options. Throw in some simple 3-4 hit combos too and you can learn a decent amount from there.

Thanks. How important is it for a beginner to figure out stance things for Miguel?

I wouldn't say too much. Obviously learn the differences in stances but don't worry too much about applying them at first.

Never

DOA is probably the easiest

I wish they at least remastered vf5

Pick any character you want (some characters will be easier than others, but the basics are the same for all chars)

Learn 3 combos (launcher, low launch, counter hit)
Learn 3 punish moves (-10, -12-15, -16+)
Learn 3 poke moves (jab, mid, low)
Learn the different states you can be in (standing, while standing, while running, lying on the ground, in air)
Learn button buffering

That should give you a decent start. There are a lot of Tekken/character guides on YouTube to help you out. Don’t expect to win much in the beginning, you’re gonna get your ass kicked. But as long as you learn something during/after a match, you will improve. It can be “I’m gonna land this wall combo” or “I’m gonna block and punish two lows” or “I’m gonna KBD at least once each round”

There is a lot to learn about Tekken, but that’s part of the fun, always something new to learn/improve. I’ve played 1000+ hours now, and it’s still fun to play.

Attached: C1D0D2EA-5295-44BD-AFCB-5617C3077331.jpg (523x398, 53K)

how come there isnt a replay feature in this game?

Bait but the first one is actually important. Even in the yellow/red ranks I can pick Eddy and mostly mash strings and if the opponent hasn't been doing his homework he's gonna get wrecked.

You can do that in purple and beyond. I labbed Eddy once for hours and then never saw him for months until I had already forgotten everything about him. It's not even a framedata thing, you don't need to memorize every number, it's just that you don't know when his strings end and aren't sure what move will even hit him. I think that's why Eddy wasn't initially revealed for T7 and Lei didn't make it in until people cried for him, because the characters are just nightmares for anybody who hasn't been playing for years.