12 years later

Does it still deserve to be recognized as one of the top GOAT games up there with SOTN, FFVII, FFVI, Half-Life 2, Super Metroid and OOT? Most seem to say yes.

Attached: 220px-MassEffect2_cover.png (220x318, 146K)

It's not, otherwise the main plot wouldn't have been an afterthought.

It was shit from the start, whole franchise was crap.

Then why does it got a 96 on metacritic?

>metacritic as a metric for something being good
I laughed.
ME is a fucking storyshit pseudo-game that should have its own fucking board, or at least be merged into Yea Forums.

fuck no.
1>2>3
Anyone who disputes this never played and beat the first.
Faggots who hated 1 are the reason 2 exists as it is. Faggots who hated 2 are the reason 3 exists as it is.

Fuck all of you.

It's a pre-DA2 Bioware game, it was engineered to get high ratings.

User score is very high as well. Not as high but 8.9 isn't nothing to sneeze at.

Lmao not even close. It's a great game but it's not a masterpiece by any means.

None of the games listed are either

You forgot about the Witcher 3

Then what is a masterpiece to you neckbeard?

Without obvious flaws

Wow that's a fucking fag response right there.

Name 5 games that are a masterpiece then.

Yes, add F:NV to the list

Name a flaw in SOTN? Oh wait, you haven't played it.

More like ASS effect amirite

Fallout 2 you mean.

>Yea Forums-game journalists are all corrupt
>also Yea Forums-metacritic scores matter

One of my top 5 games of last gen. ME2 was fun as fuck to play, and I play it at least once per year....same goes for ME1.

That game isn't widely recognized as a GOAT like the other games listed are.

Metacritic only counts when Yea Forums wants it to.

I played and finished ME1 around 14 times. ME2 is a better video game by a large margin.

Literally none of those games except MAYBE SotN deserve a best of all time rating

Functionally? Being pathetically easy is it's main flaw and its difficulty curve is all over the place. Mechanically doesn't become much more complex later in the game either.
Meaning that things only get easier and easier even without grinding.
One has to intentionally not kill things to make things hard.

It's a good game and, certainly, pushed the CV series to be less linear. But it's hardly 10/10 perfect.

The "game" of ME1 is not what people remember about it. Most poeple's complaints on two go into its story.

It wasn't an RPG. It was a Choose Your Own Adventure book where 99% of the choices are wrong.

Lmao name one perfect game then? There isn't one.

Are you retarded? You could critique any game like this. Every single game has flaws and absolutely no games are perfect. Just shut the fuck up faggot

someone i knew torrented this a few months ago and apparently they still monitor it for piracy so they can harass ISPs

If the romance scenes at least had tits I would've at least looked past all of the cringe but since it didn't and the story is fucking worthless since it is a dead universe now thanks to me3, the gameplay is all it has going for it.

>linear bad

The Classicvania games were often great stfu faggot.

>Anyone who disputes this never played and beat the first.
Replayed it recently. Clunky, dull, empty. No more an RPG than the others. "ooh look, the copy/paste gear that mostly looks the same has slightly varying stats. what an rpg!" Story is of the same quality but with a decent ending at least. I will never understand how 1 gets praised as so much better than 2 and 3. What a shitty take you have. I'd suggest you go back and play it.

bought the mass effect box with all three games because its a "GOAT" rpg. finished the first one because I wanted to see what the fuzz was about.
>its ass
the gameplay is ass
the story is ass
the rpg elements are ass
the character development is ass
the dialogue is ass, its written by retards

wish i could get my wasted time. ME 2 and 3 are collecting dust obviously

>I will never understand how 1 gets praised as so much better than 2 and 3.

Maybe only on Yea Forums. The vast majority praise ME2 as the best ME game man. It isn't even close either.

no way, even if ME1 was jankier it had much more depth to the combat. Universal skill cooldowns are lame too, walking into a room and blowing everything to shreds in a biotic whirlwind was the most fun thing you could do in 1. The plot was not only basically nonexistent, what plot there was set up the garbage to follow.