Super Mario Maker 2 - Cancel your pre-order

>Can't edit downloaded levels
>>Midairs, P-jump, Spring jump ARE in the game but signifcantly harder to perform
>>Can't grab items during spin jump
>Can't jump off things in lava
>CAN'T EDIT DOWNLOADED LEVELS
>STILL can't reload from checkpoint

twitter.com/grandpoobear/status/1143902011689242625?s=21

Nintendo has killed KAIZO levels and creativity/originality

Attached: super maker 2.jpg (1200x630, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Ultraforza?type=posted
clips.twitch.tv/PerfectCreativeCobraGrammarKing
mobile.twitter.com/Carl_Sagan42/status/1144023990475923457
twitter.com/grandpoobear/status/1143902011689242625?s=21
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/EB52-0000-00AA-8259
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/1069-0000-008E-4038
youtube.com/watch?v=dOiE0LCu6J0
youtube.com/watch?v=krnvyYrCfEs
youtu.be/G7MHoLkRuZA
youtu.be/tG9mSZRpfIE
youtu.be/Haz2rkXzWfk
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/6BF1-0000-03E8-D2B6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lowering the skill ceiling by removing movement options is actually a GOOD thing
Delete this

>Nintendo has killed KAIZO levels
Holy shit, buying day 1 now.

wtf I hate super mario now

>kaizo levels
>creative and original

loving every laugh

It unironically is. Mario shouldn't have a high skill ceiling.

Oh shit, I almost forgot to pre-order to make sure it'll pre-download. Thanks for the reminder OP.

Physical or digital Yea Forums?

The file size is so small only 3gigs Im considering buying digital

Is there a punishment for uploading shitty levels yet?

Attached: fallout hoover dam is ours.png (367x461, 13K)

You fags always find SOMETHING to complain about

>still get more height than a normal jump using tricks
fucking adjust the level instead of copying 1 by 1 of actual kaizo

no

why is this such a big deal to you that you had to list it twice
literally what important purpose did this feature serve at all

Attached: 1560645332250.jpg (1080x810, 430K)

b-but my epic twitch streams won't be the same without hardcore mario tech I spend 12 hours a day practicing because I don't have an actual job

I preordered it digitally since I don't like swapping out cartridges all the time

Got the LE preordered.

You get Boo'd to death and everyone hates you. So pretty much Reddit.

Kek you pathetic loser, are you going to post this all week?

He probably downloaded levels he couldn't beat and made them easier because he's a cheating pussy.

Oh no I need to actually put thought into how to make my level challenging instead of relying on forcing the player to do annoying exploits
preorder cancelled

Practicing certain portions of a level are now impossible for people other than the creator
But I guess that doesn't matter since all the hard mechanics were removed

Looking at the setups others use to achieve cool shit.
But in reality, to look for devblocks and puzzle solutions.

the boo/dislike/downvote/bluepill/un-yeah button

Attached: 1561523586821-64936834_10111209531675480_5339377602924642304_o.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>Nintendo has killed KAIZO levels and creativity/originality
not at all, the kaizo community is all over this game and the new tech has them excited, you fucking fake fan shitposter.

Now it's harder to upload someone else's map as my own.

I'm fine with this, so long as I can avoid playing "lil timmy's first level ever" on runs
Nothing worse than playing levels uploaded by children that are just an incoherent mess.

>can't edit downloaded levels

Based. This so your uncreative ass doesn't change one thing on somebody else's hard work and call it yours.

>Can't grab items while spin jumping
Is this for real? Actually mad about this if true

KAIZO levels are fucking trash and literal artificial difficulty. Who the hell cares.

Attached: dimple.jpg (540x304, 39K)

I'm gonna miss the sketches, those generic images just aren't the same

>downvoting
Oh good, a tear counter. I'm sure that will fix everything. Nice work, Nintendo.

Attached: fallout - benny.jpg (537x534, 75K)

You couldn't upload edited levels in SMM1.
Drawings are still in.

Oh they brought back sketches and the new pre made drawings.

you can still sketch, the premade stuff is optional

Maybe you should make fun levels and not needlessly frustrating ones

rewatch the direct, they're still in but also IN COLOR

They should let you download AND edit a level AFTER you beat it.
Makes no sense to remove the editing alltogether.

No bomb tech
No spiny shenanigans
No thwomp setups
No spindrops

My levels are only needlessly frustrating if you have a child's cognitive abilities

casual bitch detected

>The last thread about this game being awful hits bump limit and gets removed from the catalog
>Right after a thread just like the last one is made
Either one user is extremely bored or another user wants (you)'s

Thank god, come up with something new faggot

Attached: Capture.png (925x536, 199K)

Limitations breed creativity

Fuck Kaizo levels, but you know what? They’ll exist in other forms. What this is going to do is just shift the meta to something else that is equally as bullshit.

I passed the first Panga level and was happy that I was in the .5% that managed to do it, but you know what? I never touched another Kaizo level after that because the novelty wore off immediately

Fuck Kaizo design

Attached: 28D90284-D386-4EDC-B0F9-B8122940C492.png (912x570, 157K)

Thank God. Kaizo cancer was one of the worst things about the first game.

good fuck off retards

>Maybe you should make fun levels and not needlessly frustrating ones
That's my point, retard. Getting actual butthurt rage feedback on how many people you pissed off with your intentionally shitty or bad maps is only going to encourage more shitty or bad maps.

epic, do you still unlock more level slots by getting upvotes and if so then does that mean people can downvote to take them back?

Theres no need to be angry just because you're shit user
You'll be able to do a shelljump eventually

Surely you get enough negative votes and the level gets nuked from the server, right?

>artificial difficulty
This is a term made up by mouth breathers who needed to defend shit games with “muh fox and grapes” while also preventing it from being used against them.

>OP is literally anti shilling
WHO IS PAYING OP??

Dude seriously, the game is good, is gonna be good, but its wrong to believe nintendo didnt fucked over people who played and NOT played the first SMM by removing mechanics that dont affect the gameplay.

Theres people who missed the first one or cannot emulated the game and STILL want to test that shit, you have no right to judge people who wanted to enjoy what others enjoyed before. What YOU enjoyed before.

you made half of those up

I always knew Yea Forums was casual faggots

Bet you like auto levels, enemy towers and bomb excavation, maybe some themed costume levels or japanese new soup speedruns
I.e. Everything else that wasnt kaizo you sad fucks

Guys stop defending the death of Kaizo levels what if some anons find your posts and use it for proof Nincels suck Nintendo's cock no matter what?

Good, that'll stop people from taking other peoples levels, throwing in a couple bowsers, and calling it a day. It encourages making your own shit which is the point, right?
>Also Nintendo killed Kaizo
Good, they aren't fucking fun anyways.

no clue. didn't say so in the direct, but i'd imagine that if so it would only take into account the raw number of likes instead of also calculating dislikes

>Limitations breed creativity
So then SMM1 is better because it has less features?

>implying this community won't have the drive or creativity to find more kaizo shit and workarounds
i know OPs can't get (You)s but i'm not even going to bother lol

Attached: ashley.gif (849x479, 1.09M)

seeThis lad will inevitably use “artificial difficulty” to describe the next game he isn’t good at because he knows difficulty doesn’t make a game good deep down, but still needs it to form his defense for all his favorite shitty games.

>just make it easier
>fuck having to be good at something

You seem to be conflating "difficult tricks with consistent rules" with poorly designed troll levels.

>"Fuck off kaizo retards"
>I bet you like the rest of the game instead of kaizo!
i'm amazed you were able to figure that out

I just liked fun and having good time but you can't have either on Yea Forums

You guys underestimate how bad the Mario Maker playerbase is. If you try to make a level even moderately difficult it's going to get completely shat on by the retards who can't beat it, all the top rated levels in the first game were fucking auto levels. Taking the level off the server for negative votes would ruin the game

It'd be so easy to steal other peoples levels, imagine a more popular creator pulled that kind of shit. You'd have a hissy fit about that too.

Not you again
Go get a Wii U with a copy of Mario Maker and kindly shut the fuck up

>implying I'm a child that needs to pre-order games

Thanks for the heads up, preordering two copies :)

kaizo makers/players are already finding new tech. OP is just a faggot

>popular levels are at the top
>unpopular levels get tossed out
Working as intended. If the playerbase doesn't want to be challenged why should the front page be full of challenging levels?

Should Nintendo create a "Kaizo" tag so that the try hard can have their game and that the normal fags can have their game ?

We can’t answer that question yet because SMM2 isn’t out yet.

But as of right now, the answer is subjective because it depends on how much you value having those mechanics and also how much you actually use the cut mechanics

>Yea Forums is happy that kaizo levels are gone and that the skill celling is lower
After watching you niggas playing mario 1 this last week and strugglin to clear even world one i believe this won't be enough to stop you guys from being shit mario.

Attached: 1560912054887.jpg (1090x1028, 165K)

I like levels that hit the balance where it isn’t auto/music/costume baby diaper time OR kaizo anti-fun cancer. A good level, in other words.

dumbest post of the day, congratulations

less kaizo levels just means more auto and absolute garbage levels. can't believe anyone is defending less variety.

Attached: Autechre.jpg (620x400, 37K)

>actual retard
>does his very best at making a level
>it's shit
>people call it shit
>nintendo deletes it, fearless of the moms and community outrage they'll get when they delete retards' work left and right
I'm not saying they won't. I'm just saying I would like to see some proof that nintendo will actually delete a 7 year old's work.

Its a nintendo game, you will never get away from little timmy & his autistic fiddling uncle

Remember my fellow maker bros, only 2 more days remain. Just hold out a little bit longer and stop feeding the falseflagging trolls. Ignore all the shitposting. Just stay resolute in the fact that soon you will be making levels in comfy threads. Soon you won't be starving for every little bit of news that pops up online. Soon bros. Just hold out a little longer. Valhalla awaits us.

Attached: 1472890707958.png (376x366, 71K)

It will be interesting to see how this feature plays out for the average creator. Celebrity creators will be overwhelmingly polarized either way.

This can't possibly be real. I need proofs.

The only good level is a traditional level

Online. Is. DEAD!
its not even possible to play the damn game anymore! And even if it is, im sure is basically a barren desert by now even oirated. If i dont know what im talking about, im sure you know less.

This. Kaizo levels at least weren't a complete waste of space like autoshit is, and yet Nintendo is ENDORSING the latter considering they have a tag for it now.

Attached: 1561583621123.jpg (300x317, 14K)

Reminder that if you don't have over 1000 stars from the first game, you are fucking faggot that needs to be gassed and shouldn't be allowed to play or create levels in Mario Maker 2

supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Ultraforza?type=posted

Attached: mario.png (228x228, 148K)

Why would this kill Kaizo? Because it's harder to do the autistic jumps that are already hard to do?

Oh no, a community known for exclusively being about difficult techniques just found out that... Their techniques are going to be difficult... They're totally dead...

>variety
you never played that game, why pretend to care?

>only auto levels and kaizo levels exist, you can’t enjoy anything in-between

clips.twitch.tv/PerfectCreativeCobraGrammarKing

Good, come up with something other than
“le ebin six hundred pixel perfect jumps”. There’s a reason no actual mario game plays like the shitty youtube bait

>its not even possible to play the damn game anymore! And even if it is
way to make it obvious that you don't play SMM1. The online is still open and active you utter nonce.

>Sorry kiddo, go hit up the Maker Dojo and try again when you get some more experience under your belt ;^)

I honestly don't get why did they remove some tech that made the game more interesting
,spring jump, p-jump, midairs, jumping off things in lava and grabbing items on spin jump isn't some wavedash level bullshit
besiedes isn't there a new ultra expert category? if people don't want to play ultra expert levels they can easily avoid them

Attached: 64915131_2367124580222770_8184326509155057664_n.jpg (615x614, 32K)

>has killed KAIZO
Good

thank god they killed that shit. playing expert was a pain in the ass due to stupid kaizo stages that would show up.

Attached: ku58z12ynux21.jpg (492x508, 40K)

>get switch for Bayo 3 and SMM2 kaizo
>get neither

Attached: 1552978083338.jpg (800x612, 110K)

Having the auto levels clumped together in it's own tag is good though. Keeps them from leaking in to other lists.

Even levels that the braindead playerbase doesn't like should be allowed to exist so you can share them with your friends and shit you literal redditor. Holy shit you want downvotes to get rid of content you don't like in a fucking video game

there aren't going to be fewer kaizo levels, there'll be even more of them

lol okay retard

imagine BUYING switch games ahahaha

Attached: 1546538203592.png (976x658, 272K)

How about a video of them trying to grab it from the side instead of bopping it with their head?

>hoping for easy shit on super expert
>when you could literally skip the level
What the actual fuck is wrong with you that you can't even press a button for 3 seconds.

kaizo levels aren't going anywhere you absolute retards

>Dude your level is either braindead easy or kaizo troll shit
I consciously try to make fair and balanced levels with a moderate difficulty curve and they still rack up tons of deaths you fucking idiot. That's not my fault, sorry to say

Auto levels will be in their own bubble so unless you WANT to play them, you won't.

>filters to help you avoid the garbage is a bad thing

based

Imagine pirating an online oriented game and not even being able to bring it online

Thank fucking god too, leave Kaizo shit to SMWCentral and their army of "MUH HARDCORE TROLL LEVELS" autists. Not everything needs to be some uber hard level to watch twitch runners die to and have a cheap laugh at.

Attached: photo_2017-07-02_14-43-18.jpg (540x309, 26K)

Look at all this casual cope.

i dont want a kaizo stage every 3 stages. stay mad fag

>literal mexican

>every 3 stages
You can literally skip levels you don't like, removing shit only reduces the how much other people enjoy the game.

>pixel art levels
Yikes, go play Minecraft kiddo

>thank god hard levels are gone from hard mode
holy shit how can you be more retarded

Just because you and your favorite streamer are shit at mario games doesn't mean everyone else is.

Anyone wanna take bets on how many times we'll see this exact thread over the next two days?

you can't skip in SMM2

If you go for moderate difficulty why are you defending shitty troll levels?

Source? I doubt they'd be that retarded.

>play expert
>have to play hard levels
wtf bros?

Yes you can, retard.

The kaizo community bitching only makes my cock harder

Attached: dczwas5-a51ba709-3361-4598-be2f-f97b090dd452.png (602x690, 354K)

>waaaa waaaa
course piracy is going to happen, literally only takes one person with a legit copy to scrape all the courses for us.

Pirating either Mario Maker is legitimately pointless. Buy the games centered around online, pirate the majority that have zero online functionality and play them on emunand.

Kaizo levels are trash and made the game worse off.

Attached: 1559078093579.jpg (204x190, 17K)

too lazy to put all the mario stuff.

Attached: In memory of the fallen Really WIP.png (1696x1812, 102K)

No fucking shit! Of course i havent played the game, thats the point and still its late to do it now.

With SMM2 around the corner, you REALLY think people will play the original? Of course fucking NOT!

Your idea that Kaizo and costumes and shit ruined the 1st game is stupid and people that are gonna buy SMM2 should have THE RIGHT to use their damn costumes and play their damn Kaizos!

No matter how good the game is, which i still recognize IS very, very good. Nintendo doesnt deserve defense for doing that shit and leave people who didnt played the 1st one without 50% of the original experience.

What the fuck is kaizo

Because if downvotes removed levels then all levels that try to include any kind of difficulty go down with kaizo. That's my whole point, people do not realize how bad the Mario Maker community is at basic platforming. Genuine levels that try to provide any kind of challenge at all might as well be kaizo to the people who play

>not letting you steal levels from other people has killed creativity/originality

Attached: messy.jpg (1061x800, 65K)

kaizo community itself isn't bitching, they're ecstatic for the game and all the new tech, OP is just being a complete retard

Just because you wanna watch GrandPooBear or Dode die and get mad at Kaizo for a few hours doesn't mean the rest of us wanna do the same.

people still play SMM1 and it will continue to have an active, albeit quiet, community for a while.

I'm not even upset, I'm just more baffled at the fact that you're pirating a game and content with losing out on most of it's functionality

Cancel your face, stupid snoyger

And they're still going to be made even without midairs.

>muh social game service
dumb zoomer

Why couldn't they keep the advanced mechanics and have a tag for them so skilled players can still enjoy the game? SMM2 is dead to me now. Preorder unironically cancelled

>waa my favorite streamer is getting mad at mario levels, pls remove hard levels nintendo!!!!!

They want to make multiplayer more fair. Not everyone knows about those tech so if you did play a level that requires you to know all those extra stuff, not everyone can pull it off. It's not official info that people would expect when playing mario.

Purposefully balls to the wall hard mario levels that take advantage of exploits etc.
Started in the mario world romhack community

nice false flag

A simple kaizo tag would suffice.

September direct will have a SMO style that plays like Sm3dw,but allows you to use cappy. You can use him to get extra jumps and possess enemies. It will also have exclusive items/enemies. There will also have a SM All-Stars style which adds Smb2.

People still play the original Splatoon to this day and you don't see autists bitching about the lack of the original features in the sequel.
You want the Super Mario Maker experience on Wii U? Go buy a Wii U and Super Mario Maker. Hell, the online is free even! Now let us enjoy 2 in peace without your autistic whining you dumb fuck

just make a "tricky" tag to contain trolls and kaizo

You don't actively play online in SMM1. All the courses that were made are still there. About the only thing you're really missing is MiiVerse comments. Less new levels being made, but there are already literally millions to choose from.

sure, and Doomguy's getting into Smash

Attached: 1560111832117.jpg (900x900, 83K)

That shouldn't be an issue in the first place. They solved this shit a decade ago on other platforms.

lmao so you're saying it's literally only Kaizo autists who have something to complain about? Sounds like a great sequel!

I will be correct. Screencapping you.

but levels involving tech could be put in the ultra expert category and multiplayer shouldn't put you in these if you're not into it, besides tech instructions can be explained in level comments

B-BUT I LOVED SPENDING 112 HOURS TO MAKE A STAGE THAT UNDER 10 PEOPLE WILL EVER COMPLETE

There's nothing to solve, they're intentional decisions. You couldn't upload others' levels in SMM1 either. You just can't edit them in this one, which has pros and cons.

>which has pros and cons
It has no pros, it limits the game for no reason. If you can't upload other peoples' levels, then why would you give a fuck if people edit them?

Grandpoo literally says in the thread that p jumps are fixed to be easier, like in pre patch MM1

>Lowering the skill ceiling by removing movement options is actually a GOOD thing
>Mario shouldn't have a high skill ceiling.

Someone never finished Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels.

Because I don't want little assholes fucking with my shit if I make puzzles, figuring out how it works, and then beating it.

it prevents people from stealing your shit, dumbass. and before you reveal yourself to have no idea what you're talking about by saying "B-BUT THEY CAN STILL JUST PLAY IT AND COPY IT" allow me to correct you. the truly creative stages create mechanisms using things such as entity limits. 99% of the time these are offscreen, so no, random autists can't just copy your shit.

You think people will properly tag things? And plus, just because a level uses some of those tech doesnt mean it should be considered ultra expert. If you're familiar with the tech, it can be used in easy levels but the thing is not everyone knows of it. Who's going to really take the effort to do a tutorial? How would you find the level that has a tutorial? I believe the levels you pick are randomized in multiplayer by tag.

>he's literally ordering people to not buy a game
Are you European? So much seething would explain the current heat wave more than the globalwarming hoax.

>Kaizo levels: Dying at the start 100 times
>Auto levels: Not doing anything as well, but now it looks cool

I hate autos as much as the next guy, but at least it's better than Kaizo. Either way, they literally added tags for this very reason.

So you want to hide some "trade secrets" in a creativity game? Are you afraid of someone using your mechanics to make something better?

And what exploits and midairs did lost levels use, you dumbfuck?

it's a shitty glitch to begin with

You can play pirated WiiU games online with no issues lol.

Why?

>Makes auto levels and pixel art
lol

Prepare for the release of sonic maker

>creativity game
>lol you don't want people to steal your shit?

Attached: professional.png (300x304, 77K)

Faggot, I'm talking about high skill ceiling being a bad thing. Go suck a pacifier.

>glitch
>present in SMW
>intentionally added to SMM1
>glitch

Attached: 1412908170177.jpg (720x540, 25K)

And how do those changes limit that?

>Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
You mean the one that never even got released outside of Japan until All-Stars because it was frustrating garbage that missed the point of Mario?

Lost levels shyed away from from advanced tech, but had plenty of trolly bullshit like backwards warp zones, and paths that dead end offscreen.

I don't like Kaizo levels so okay but this is gonna murder the fun of online.

it makes no sense in the game design.

Are you such an autist that you don't understand the point of sharing?

if something is tagged improperly it will just get downvoted into oblivion

Please explain how removing a couple of exploits is going to remove the fun of online.

None of my levels are autolevels

Guys hear me out what I don't cancel my pre order and have....fun?

Yes? Strafe jumping and bunny hoping are glitches too. Just because it was added on mm1 intentionally,doesn't mean it wasn't a glitch?

...why? If you don't like them, what do you care?

Can't say if Carl is gonna be right but, the clip he linked shows off something really neat with the Dry Bones Shell mobile.twitter.com/Carl_Sagan42/status/1144023990475923457

This is how it works in anywhere. Someone makes a thing, and then other people improve upon it.
Instead, you want to horde any tricks you may come across like some sort of autist.

>Please explain how removing popular techs in a game is going to remove the fun of the game

High skill ceilings will make the races a lot more exciting and allow better players to be faster.
Because I want to see really good players race each other in kaizo stages.

Damn, guess you'll actually have to be creative in making hard levels instead of HURR SPINJUMP WHILE CARRYING spammed 10,000 times

>made the exact same threads about online with friends missing
>now has to move the goalposts once people shit all over him
Snoyfags really are the most pathetic group of !humans! on earth, holy shit.

NOOOO CANCEL IT NOW NINTENDO REMOVED GLITCHES THAT'S THE HIGHEST CRIME IMAGINABLE

How?

>i want to watch my favorite twitch streamer play the game!!!
Holy zoomer

Seriously people, why can't you just enjoy a goddamn game. Nintendo might patch this stuff, even if they don't who is gonna be crying when nintendo shuts down the SMM1 servers, just go back to your rom hacks elitists and hide in your closet, let people have fun you faggots

Kaizo levels are no longer creative or original, nintendo is actually giving us more creativity with the new additions, there are so many puzzle/platforming abilities with the new modes and features.

This one is the shittiest thing there.

>t. mad he couldn't spin-jump while carrying items

>twitter.com/grandpoobear/status/1143902011689242625?s=21
Lost Levels doesn't have a high skill ceiling. Your moves are exactly the same as the original

if people actually want to learn new building techniques and shit there's this handy site called youtube. they don't need to fucking plagiarize other levels.

>Extremely basic tech in 1990 is too hard for a 2019 game
The absolute state of Nintendo bootlickers

Attached: 1530422239823.webm (1408x1080, 2.61M)

supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/EB52-0000-00AA-8259
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/1069-0000-008E-4038

Nice try autoshitter. You're part of the problem.

>Nintendo might patch this stuff
>might
That's even worse than buying a game based on promises.

>Nintendo is actually giving us more creativity by removing different kinds of levels

Attached: 1560314000362.jpg (400x400, 38K)

As a pirate I lose nothing but getting this game

No one is cancelling preorders and people who were already excited before still are. It's just Yea Forums being Yea Forums... shitposters, falseflaggers, contrarians, and a few genuine autists that might actually cancel now that I think about it. But most people are pumped, and if they aren't it's certainly not because of the bullshit in OP.

>Just because it was added on mm1 intentionally
Glitches by definition are unintentional

And you can still do that. Those were hard levels with good design. Kaizo shit is dumb garbage that only requires memorisation and exact inputs every single time. It's unironically artificial difficulty and bad design.

What's the difference between looking at a Youtube video or opening up the video myself to reverse engineer it? Other than autists screeching if you do it without their permission?

There are still going to be kaizo levels. You must be legitimately retarded if you think people will stop making them because you can't midair anymore.

Not an argument.

Attached: 1560236379776.jpg (960x720, 271K)

Delete this. Pressing A is forbidden kaizo tech for autists!

OH NONONONO

>>Midairs, P-jump, Spring jump ARE in the game but signifcantly harder to perform

While I feel bad for the pro gamers who like doing these tricks, personally I'm a 30 year old old man with no motor skills to do these things anyway anymore, so these aren't reasons for me to cancel my nonexistant preorder.

Attached: 1561231993812.png (729x408, 405K)

Learn to read

Content of an EPIC kaizo stage

>shelljumps
>jump to grab the pow block and hit it to kill the munchers blocking the path
>shelljump
>grab p-switch and hurl it to set it up and jump on it
>shelljump

It's always the same fucking shit.

It's like those shitty speedrun levels

>corridor with spikes, spin jump the row of piranhas, bounce against the springs, jump on blocks to clear the path ahead, grab pow block to kill muncher, etc

Endless challenge is literally retarded. Unlimited skips without repercussions. Current level too hard? Skip. About to die? Skip. Congrats. You're now #1 on the leaderboard.

>difficult things are just stupid and random and have to be brute forced randomized
>random offscreen bullshit is REAL difficulty

Attached: trolling not sure if retarded.jpg (300x392, 27K)

>can't edit downloaded levels
wait wait, really?
I mean, it saves some of the magic in troll levels from dev exits, but that's just fucking stupid if I wanted to see how someone did some shit by exploiting the game's mechanics in a way I wouldn't think of.
I don't even have a switch but this is just one less title I'd want for it. Fuck.

He’s right though. Nobody plays the game to watch autists race each other on poorly designed levels but you.

Why do people on Yea Forums always complain about kaizo levels but nobody ever complains about Japanese speedrun levels, enemy spam, pick a path, auto levels or music levels?

>I don't even have a switch
Thank you for your entirely irrelevant input

>Only two levels

Kek, I remember doing them for fun, my other levels are pleb filters tho

>His greentexts are so shit he had to relist a previous point BUT IN CAPS

THE STATE OF OP

Mad that I just described every kaizo level

the difference is that one is learning shit by a tutorial intended for it, and one is brainless plagiarism

>Content of an EPIC kaizo stage
So taking away the old options is going to somehow make it more diverse?

>corridor with spikes, spin jump the row of piranhas, bounce against the springs, jump on blocks to clear the path ahead, grab pow block to kill muncher, etc
The japanese have a very particular way of structuring their speedruns.

I don't even own the first mario maker you gatekeeping loser, still gonna get the sequel.

Attached: 1560571174669.gif (400x296, 443K)

You have deliberately misinterpreted sanity. Come back without a strawman.

More than half of people who play don't know why the fuck any of those are

You're learning something you didn't come up with yourself either way.

Ironically, restrictions can actually lead to creativity.

Attached: qtp2t.png (286x302, 82K)

Because those are implied to be garbage and yet there are still complaints about literally all of those in this thread.

By that logic basically every single level is shit except for puzzle levels then.

>So sure that your score is unaffected
Literal LOL

mad you can't do a basic tech that retards can do

Okay as long as you stop complaining about missing features because you didn't play the original

Same

>except for puzzle levels then.

They all follow the same formulaic shit using note blocks, cannons, flames, bob-ombs, etc.

i didn't come up with math, does that mean copying the answers from someone else's test is just as legitimate as actually learning how to do it?

>Basic tech
This is mario he you loser lolol

>The only levels are Kaizo and puzzles
the fuck you talking about

Attached: 1539186948982.jpg (223x251, 6K)

>I REPEAT MYSELF
lol stay salty your shit kaizo cult is getting dabbed on. I didn't even own the first MM lmao

Attached: 1489981471268.jpg (337x473, 28K)

>They all follow the same formulaic shit using note blocks, cannons, flames, bob-ombs, etc.
You mean using the basic fucking course elements?

Attached: kill yourself seizure.gif (1221x1007, 142K)

That wasn’t a strawman, friend. You can deny it all you want but that’s exactly what it is.

It can be, yes. If you use that solution to work backwards and understand how it was made.

it's a glitch though, smw was rushed and full of bugs.

nobody would be able to do that with, say, entity limits. they won't understand how it works or build on it in creative ways, they'll just replicate it.

NINTENDO BEFUDDLED:
DESPITE A LARGE DAY-ONE PLAYERBASE AND DOZENS OF THOUSANDS OF LEVELS UPLOADED IN THE FIRST TWELVE HOURS OF RELEASE, SUPER MARIO MAKER 2 HAS BEEN REPORTED TO HAVE EXACTLY ZERO CHALLENGING LEVELS
GAMERS QUICKLY BEGAN REALIZING THAT THERE WERE NO LEVELS THAT REQUIRED MUCH SKILL TO BEAT. DESPITE THE FACT THAT THIS COMPLAINT IS BEING ECHOED ALL ACROSS THE WEB, FOR SOME MYSTERIOUS REASON NO CHALLENGING LEVELS ARE BEING UPLOADED BY THE GAME'S PLAYERS
WHEN ASKED FOR A POSSIBLE EXPLANATION, THE GAME'S DIRECTOR YOSUKE OSHINO HAS THIS TO SAY:
"IT WAS BECAUSE WE MADE A FEW SMALL CHANGES. THAT IS WHY NO HARD LEVELS EXIST ANYMORE. WE WILL UNFORTUNATELY BE DEACTIVATING THE GAME'S SERVERS INDEFINITELY THIS WEEKEND, AS WE NOW CONSIDER THE GAME AN ABJECT FAILURE WORTHY OF LITTLE MORE THAN TOTAL ABANDONMENT. TO OUR VALUED PLAYERS, WE OFFER OUR MOST HEARTFELT CONDOLENCES AND A SINCERE APOLOGY"

This is Nintendo's Mario game. There is no plagiarism. There is no money involved. By sharing ideas it can only improve.
Nobody said they play the game just to watch other people but you. That isn't even coherently possible because you don't even need the game to watch other people. I like watching people play extremely difficult levels with high skill ceilings, this change reduces the existence of that, but doesn't affect how I play the game at all.

>they won't understand how it works
Says who? Why punish those who can because some kids don't understand?

What does this have to do with normal people or me making a bouncy donut level

Source?

>Nintendo makes greatest game of the year
>Gamers still find a reason to bitch.

Even a girlfriend wouldn't solve you people's problems, get help.

So is it confirmed that the Kiazo community is becoming the new Melee community?

i already told you why. there are tutorials all over the place for people who actually want to learn. you shouldn't just blanket-allow plagiarism on the off chance a handful of people actually intend to learn from it.

Is there even an ounce of sincerity left in your heart?

People can already plagiarize 1-1 block-by-block. Should we just remove level editing altogether? Fuck people who might actually make legitimate level, there's a threat of plagiarism.

The Kaizo community doesn’t really give a fuck, they are still gonna find ways to be a giant fucking asshole

>watching streamers period
Get shit on

Yeah, fuck this shit cancel your preorders!
then maybe I'll get mine a day early

Attached: 1551253925099.png (480x640, 107K)

i already told you that's not possible because the vast majority of mechanisms take place offscreen, retard

>468183383
this was cute but kind of flopped

I mean that's what I've been thinking this whole time. With all the new shit they've added, there's gotta be a lot of new ways to fuck with people and a lot of new techs or whatever to find.

A "tutorials" tag for stages would fix this.

Who the fuck cares though? I didn't even know you could do this.

an ingame tutorial for things like entity limits wouldn't work. there's no simple way to demonstrate it without words. unless you plan to write giant messages in coins.

I don't have to imagine though, I do it.

On 1-1?

Attached: file.png (3584x480, 14K)

It was added to SMM, therefore it became intentional, there is no fucking excuse to remove such a basic move from the game.

>Don't shill my levels on the internet
>Nobody plays them
>Work hard on a legit level
>Nintendo deletes it
Why even bother

This is a terrible thing to lose. Game is barely worth it if this isn't included

>STILL can't reload from checkpoint
What does this mean? You mean like respawning at a checkpoint flag after dying doesn’t work or what.

why the fuck would i give a shit about people plagiarizing actual mario levels, or any levels where everything going on is clearly visible? those are as basic bitch as they come

>>Can't edit downloaded levels
So now i can hide dev blocks and people will NEVER be able to find them? LOL, fucking nintendo fucking it up again.

>Cancel your pre-order
that delicious desperate audacity. baby think he can give orders now.

>Don't shill my levels on the internet
Well there's your problem.
Sometimes whoring yourself out is the only option if you want people to play your shit. I mean, look at smash custom stage threads for gods sake.

and you can also get downvoted into a pit where nobody will play your shitty stage

So it's no longer plagiarism if it's not something you made?
Best to throw the baby out with the bathwater, someone may be able to copy an existing design.

>w.w.who cares! talk about my NEW goalpost now
yikles

I think he means getting all the way out of a level and when you come back to it, you're at the last checkpoint. Which I didn't even know was a thing people wanted or cared about.

What the fuck are you talking about

Attached: hysterical-women.png (897x714, 635K)

>makes thing
>doesn't show it to anyone
>nobody sees it
Really makes you think

the game design of the whole game. you don't need that shit anywhyere, ever. It's not a planned behavior, not even in the hidden hard levels.

>implying that stops me and other assholes
Lol, prepare for multiple hidden block levels that are impossible to beat in super expert.

Man I really want a SMB2 theme.
3DW is ok, but 2 is really unique in comparison. I'd take pluck-able turnips and subcon in other themes though and still be happy.

Developer intent is meaningless.

prepare to get your levels blacklisted

i've been talking about mechanisms from the beginning you fucking illiterate amoebas. i don't give a shit if somebody copies the things they CAN see. the meat of the stage, the offscreen mechanisms, are the important part. the stage won't function without them, they can try to copy it all they want. won't be able to if they can't view the stage in the editor.

I had no clue any of those moves existed

congrats you're not an autist

Why do you want to horde mechanics like that? What benefit does it have to the game?

Ah yes remember all the creative combo potential of smash ult?

Not him, he didn't say it isn't plagiarism. He's explained it multiple times. Some levels have mechanics that work outside of the screenspace of normal play. So when you play or download it, you can't see them, making plagiarism much more difficult. But if you can edit, you can scroll all around and see everything, revealing how a mechanic or puzzle or whatever works, therefore allowing for both cheesing the level or copying it outright.

I think the point he was making about 1-1 is that it doesn't have any of that going on, so who cares?

>Game relies on people using outside methods to have anyone play their levels
Sounds like bad game design to me

the boo feature is going to cuck these people so hard.
They are doing a great job proving why that feature should exist.

And I was going to buy this game and Switch. It's Smash Bros casualization all over again. Will Nintendo ever learn from their mistake? Judging from the way they've been handling online features FOR AGES, probably not tho.

it allows for actual creativity and learning rather than a gaggle of autists stealing shit from eachother with a different paintjob

you guys think i need a pro controller for this shit?

Smash 64 is the only Smash game to have combos.

We all totally believe you

Attached: 1548808899086.png (1853x1394, 916K)

And giving the community the means to create new tools doesn't promote creativity?
>but it's just an insignificant amount of levels that will actually make use of it
The good:bad level ratio will always be greatly in favor of the bad levels.

>implying nintendo will blacklist levelmakers
Lol, you think too much of nintendo, all it will happen is people who make asshole levels will need to keep making levels to get them in the game.

>muh spikes on everything
>muh instant death pits
>muh precise blind jumps
fuck kaizofags

Attached: 1537051660024.jpg (240x210, 17K)

What a shit comparison.

Attached: (You).jpg (463x352, 55K)

>being casual at mario of all things
Jesus this is embarrassing.

user you're forgetting, what made MM1 fun wasn't the advanced mechanics/ Shell jumps, mid-airs, P jumps, other frame perfect tricks wasn't what made it fun. Even most streamers agree now at the end of MM1's life, that they don't care if a level ahs sick mechanics, it has to be fun. Kaizo players, who enjoy trolls shit like kaizo blocks and traps, are saying it still has to be fun.

With all the new items we're going to see 10 new mechanics for everyone we're losing.

Bring on MM2

the joy con non-dpad is honestly better than the pro controller's dpad. i say no.

the absolute state of sonylets

What did you expect? You're not the only one who uploads levels to those servers, of course your shit is going to be buried over thousands of other levels

No one cares. If you want that shit that bad, there are already level editors. Go suck someone else's crybaby cock.

What I'm seeing in this thread is that nintendo fans are retards and if it was up to them the modding scene of any game would be shit since you have to protect your "trade secret".

A way to recommend levels to friends.

what the fuck is your argument even? the floodgates for absolute plagiarism should be opened because it might allow a couple people to learn something? do you leave your doors unlocked at night because intruders might just be looking at your living room's design rather than stealing your TV?

>being casual
Takes a casual to know a casual, casual.

Good

Attached: fag4.gif (384x240, 397K)

You're just upset that you can't come up with your own level ideas

>you don't know a glitch that is useless in the real game? what a casual.
Proof you never even played the original yourself.

there are genuine issues with SMM2 including cut content but trying to make it out to be a problem because they nerfed fucking kaizo levels of all things isn't the way to get your point across. Nobody genuinely likes those things.

You want something to get good at? Play fucking melee if you want a Nintendo game, or literally any fighting game. If you seriously want SUPER MARIO MAKER 2 to be something worth bragging about being good at you're fucking retarded. In other words, have sex virgin.

>the floodgates for absolute plagiarism should be opened because it might allow a couple people to learn something?
Yes. What's the problem? It's not like you can re-upload edited levels anyway.
>do you leave your doors unlocked at night because intruders might just be looking at your living room's design rather than stealing your TV?
Do you only serve sandwiches to people who are blindfolded so they don't take it apart and see what's inside?

>I no longer have to do midairs
preorder reinstated

>irrelevant input
They're removing features that would make someone who was interested in a switch not interested anymore
pretty relevant to me.
>hurr they don't read Yea Forums
then what does this thread serve to do?

>implying a level needs mid airs and all that other bullshit to be difficult.

I wish they kept it like with the news posts. I like how the dislike button always reads as youtube.com/watch?v=dOiE0LCu6J0 in my head

why the fuck else do you think they added a "boo" option?

>It's not like you can re-upload edited levels anyway
the switch has a fucking screenshot button, it wouldn't be difficult to make an exact copy of a level
>Do you only serve sandwiches to people who are blindfolded so they don't take it apart and see what's inside?
>a fucking food analogy
a good sandwich would have ingredients and preparation methods that aren't clearly visible by just looking at it, i don't give a shit if they copy a basic-ass sandwich

Jesus motherfucker, did you never experiment? Did you know you can duck and jump AT THE SAME TIME!? Or is it 2 simultaneous actions too complex for your feeble mind? I can forgive not knowing shit like midairs or shelljumps but this is basic shit.

What are you, 12? Is that the best answer you have?

So?
I downloaded them for a fucking reason, so I wouldn't have to mess with them and just play.

Attached: He's right you know.png (843x459, 368K)

A better comparison would be Ren and Stimpy.
When they were restricted they had to think of creative ways to get around the censors.

When the censors off came the show just became lol tits and poop and everyone hated it.

>the switch has a fucking screenshot button, it wouldn't be difficult to make an exact copy of a level
So it's only not okay to copy levels if they have some hidden mechanics in them?

yes, because those are the only creative levels

i was just thinking of that "adult cartoon" abomination earlier. what a joke lol

>They're removing features that would make someone who was interested in a switch not interested anymore
What fucking features? There's not a lot of people who want to be trolled to spend all their mario lives to figure out how to do a midair.

This exactly. Removing these techniques may not have been the best choice, but holy fuck kaizo stages are retarded.

It's been explained to you multiple times at this point and I'm not going to try again after this. Being able to edit levels with puzzles and weird mechanics and shit would basically be the same as just saying fuck it, here's a clown copter, just fly over the whole fucking thing. If someone is really interested in how an specific mechanic was made, then they can ask around or post a comment and the creator can respond if they want to share.

That's awfully arbitrary.
Is it no longer a creative level if a tutorial is made?

In theory so that they could remove the bad levels from the selection pool, in practice it will be
>i cant beat your level? Boo
>i dont like you? Boo
>Some other petty shit? Boo

The superball flower from Super Mario Land is an unlockable.

Games have benefited from online mediums fostering their communities since the inception of online gaming.

you're just arguing in circles at this point. i've already said that tutorials are fine because people looking at them actually want to learn shit. you can't learn shit by just looking at it in the editor, you can only plagiarize it.

And if some autist just wants to horde his creation it's okay?

There's nothing to understand, you fucks are delusional, no other creative community works like this.

>did you never experiment
you didn't do that, you watched a few youtube videos and gave a dollar to the bald man. You aren't a gamer, at all.

Kaizo will be 100% fine. They'll find brand-new troll mechanics (like the newly-discovered claw shell jump) and spam those instead.

And you're the one who doesn't understand that it makes literally 0 difference to the end user whether or not he learned it from the level editor or Youtube.
This isn't a complaint in any other game with user content.

The tech is there just much tighter to do properly. There will still be midair and p-switch jump levels.

Kek. I'll think about this Everytime I see those news posts now

worth getting if I'm too stupid to make my own levels and just want to play other people's?

you're the one who doesn't understand what we're talking about. these mechanisms aren't simple enough to understand by just looking at them. it's impossible to understand what's going on with visuals alone. this means that nothing but direct copying can come from it, no learning can be done.

Probably, you will have to wade through a lot of hot garbage but it's infinite mario levels.

But...Ultimate has combos?

If he doesn't want his online stats all fucked up from the get go by people knowing exactly what to do, yes.

This, nobody threw a fucking bitch fit like Yea Forums when people edited FPS maps back then, I can't believe we are even having this stupid ass discussion.
Pic related fags, there's no other explanations for your retarded posts.

Attached: impressive.jpg (3000x3000, 225K)

Time to hide invisible blocks holding keys necessary for progression.

>pic
>there are people this pathetic who populate nintendo threads on Yea Forums who try to damage control and concern troll
My god.

Attached: 1494371588956.gif (250x250, 1.16M)

Time to Boo the level.

>donating to stream shit
>watching streams
>accusing me of shit to distract from the point that you are a fucking casual
I didnt know about shelljumps or midairs until much later in life, but grabbing items while spinning is basic shit i figured it out as a kid, just like spinjumping works on most shit, or how you can essentially break the game with cape, you dont have to be good to know any of that shit, just think outside the box.

You
Fucking
Casual

Time to boo your closed-source puzzle level.

>i have no counterpoints so i'm just going to call your entire argument bait

Attached: chili dog.jpg (629x419, 53K)

YOTSSSSSSSSSS

>literal subhuman spic
>pixel art, autolevels
>has 99 on his name, probably the year he was born
take me from this prison, Yea Forums

Attached: yikes.png (200x200, 71K)

I don't know why you grouped me in with as bait. You and I are basically making the same point. I even used to do FPS mapping.

So can you only make levels horizontally or can you make really high vertical levels where you're constantly going upwards?

the legitimately bad levels will be the most boo'd/least liked anyway so it should balance out.

(You)

>before you had the option of making and playing bullshit gay kaizo shit
>now you don't
>this is somehow better

Autist.

vertical sub-areas are available

>Just because it was added on mm1 intentionally,doesn't mean it wasn't a glitch?
Objectively incorrect
It might have been a glitch in smw but adding it to smm1 shows intent. Making it not a glitch

GOOD

People only used it to peek and cheat, or they would edit someone elses level 2 blocks and reupload it as their own

Only the most inhuman, scummiest, tasteless corporate pleb would defend the removal of spin grabbing. It's not even an "advanced technique", you fucking goblins.

Attached: 1536271385797.jpg (1180x1280, 112K)

No, you can have one section that’s horizontal and if you pop Mario into a pipe you can make another area that’s the same size of a normal level that can be horizontal or vertical.

Does that mean if the lava covers that square you can't jump on it, like a block partially submerged?

>>>Can't grab items during spin jump
Wasn't this possible in Mario Maker 1?

>Wanting Hot garbage Maker 2

But why!? Things were almost perfect!

It's probably an oversight, mite get patched back in later

Not everything needs to be 100% open source. I even said if people express interest in a specific thing, there are ways of communicating and sharing.

I for one am going to boo all the good levels

Attached: 1406265345672.gif (375x375, 171K)

fuck you, i play vidya since 1999 and i hate kaizos too, are just too hard and troll

>New map types
>New physics based on night and day for literally every map types.
>SM3DW game type with a whole slew of new stuff to mess with
>Adding in multiple objects which in themselves change the game in a ton of ways.
>online multiplayer with local coming in an update.

>But its harder to do a handful of high end obscure moves 1% of maps even used.
>Also can't lava jump or mid air spin jump pick up items.

Ill give you loading checkpoints and editing levels, that's the best I can do. Not being to spin jump off saws is a much bigger travesty then any of those "Pro Moves".

Attached: 1326248719249.gif (278x300, 686K)

>tfw you already knew the game was bad the very second they confirmed rising water being locked behind ONE theme (Forest)

Attached: NOD BROCK.gif (200x200, 163K)

>Super Mario Bros 3 style just uses the normal overworld theme for jungle and desert
>only snow gets to have new music
Lazy as fuck

Grabbing things while spin jumping isn't some advanced or surprising tech.
If anything everyone will just be surprised that the spin jump somehow follow different grab rules than the regular jump.

SHOULD I BUY THIS GAME OR NOT!? I WANT TO BTFO THE SONYPONIES BUT THIS GAME SOUNDS GENUINELY BAD AND POORLY DESIGNED!

>1 and World get all-new music for every theme
GET FUCKED 3FAGS AHAHAHAHAHA

>before MM communities were populated with gay kaizo cultists
>now they aren't
Sounds like they made the game better

youtu.be/G7MHoLkRuZA

Buy it if you think you'll like it. And please stop with your forced console wars bullshit.

Samefag

Lava jumping and spin jumping item grabs are incredibly easy to pull off, almost anyone could do them. Spin jumping with items can and has been used in many amazing levels in SMM1 to great effect.
I implore you to reconsider your position.

I want to like it, but I'm worried it's going to be filled with Nintendo's archaic bullshit.

It's a fucking jump. You can jump and you can grab items. You can spin jump and you can still grab items.
There is absolutely NOTHING implying that doing the same thing with the spin jump was a bug.

this is more or less Yea Forums being Yea Forums if the first game did just fine on this board and every other site we don't mention for muh secret club rules this will too

Just chiming in to say that grandpoobear is a fucking faggot.

Attached: 1555888940425.jpg (635x958, 100K)

>I'm a 30 year old man with no motor skills to do these things anyway anymore, so
I'm a 38 year old man who still can still play through 8- and 16-bit games as well as before. Don't use age as a crutch.

Keep crying

>thing happens for literal years without anyone having an issue with it
>corporation removes thing
>corporation bootlickers crawl out of the woodworks and proclaim they've always hated thing and corporation is good
why does this always happen?

Get married loser.

You're still being retarded for calling it a glitch.

>game has shitty thing
>devs remove shitty thing
>turbo autists crawl out of the woodworks to claim shitty thing was actually good
why does this always happen?

>No flaming Clown Car in the 3D World Style
>Can't make comfy rooty-tooty-shooty levels with a Meowser Boss

SHIT GAME

Attached: its more of a copter than car but whatever.jpg (336x360, 24K)

>seesaws behave like moving slopes
>every enemy has a different weight
this and switch blocks have soo much potential

I thought I was being rather polite. Your response is quite a shame.

if anything, wouldn't they have had to deliberately code that, what with how the item also moves in mario's hands correctly during the spin animation? or, am i remembering things wrong, and the item doesn't also move behind/in front of mario as he spins?

the 3D world style is pretty lacking and I'm never going to use it

>corporation
You already lost your argument when you felt the need to use buzzwords

To be fair the online functionality will be dead soon for sure, they aren’t going to let you continue to download levels for much longer with the sequel out.

>I thought I was being rather polite. Your response is quite a shame.

Attached: 1510216642070.jpg (960x640, 182K)

Game looks fun, but not $60 fun. I'm actively selling my switch. Although there are a sprinkling of really great titles, it's just not worth gathering dust over as I wait for botw 2 or the next prime. When you play games on the pc or a ps4, the idea of paying 60 bucks for this is funny. I'm playing sekiro right now and that game actually feels like I spent 60 bucks

I feel like New Super Mario Bros deserves an apology now

of all the things I've heard regarding SMM2 cutting features the only thing that really upset me was lanky mario, but considering they replaced that with the SML ball I'll call it a fair trade I guess

>playing the fifth rehash of a ps3 game
Nice "taste", faggot

Edgy

Corporation is not a buzzword, especially how he used it. What would you have said? Company? Business entity? Group of people working together to collectively make money?

Am I the only one who's gonna avoid 3DW levels? It just rubs me the wrong way

If i can beat the game without it, why would i need to learn it? It isn't a competitive game

>wall jumps
>ground pounds
>triple jumps
already enough to justify it's inclusion, dunno why people shat on it

easy, use autoscroll with sets of moving blocks and build the level around both shooting and platforming. maybe use clear pipes as temporary safe zones and vantage points for shooting fireballs from.

To all the fags crying about lava jumping: you can basically do that shit with crates in 3D World theme

Nintendo, developers, the people actually making the game

MM2 has way more potential replayability and bang-for-your-buck than Sekiro. And I'm not trying to pit them against each other because I like both, you did that. If it's not your thing I get it, but if it's something you enjoy, you will get a ton out of it.

It overstayed its welcome a bit, the mid air twirl casualizes a lot of things and it can look really ugly sometimes. I really hope they go all out with the next mainline 2D mario and find a really atypical but beautiful artstyle.

>hot topic arises
>people want to talk about it
wow you might be a fucking genius user how did you notice that?

He was obviously being more general.

youtu.be/tG9mSZRpfIE
they implemented the NES crust INTO the song, it's genius

you'll be alright, my most well reviewed level in 1 was a SMB1 shmup level that used winged bowser jrs as bosses

i only play on smb/smb3/smw levels lol. hate the look of nsmb/3dw

This is one of my favorite tracks we’ve heard so far.

Snow is nice albiet generic.

youtu.be/Haz2rkXzWfk
This one is my fav. It's so pure.

you FUCKING retard, that is NOT POSSIBLE in SMM1

you can only upload levels created from scratch

>they killed Mario Royale over this

Attached: 1553912551398.png (960x1440, 1.91M)

WAIT
Why does SMB3 have unique desert edit music but not unique in-game desert music? That is some bullshit.

ahaahahhahahah fucking retard

Attached: quit complaining.jpg (980x828, 82K)

>He doesn't know.

>pls support my patreon for this fair use fangame ;P
>WTF WHY AM I BEING SUED

>"maybe try actually learning how to read"
>communicates in a language made up of memes and buzzwords
>clearly doesn't understand half of them
>blames other people when nobody understands him
>spams this pic
Can you imagine needing attention this badly?

So who left when you were young? Your mom or your dad?

Attached: sonic.jpg (640x802, 80K)

>Kill what made the game popular in the first place

The absolute state of NuNintendo

Attached: 1451744523002.jpg (353x353, 27K)

Flavor of the week. People will be playing Mario Maker 2 for years.

He's right though

Kaizautists make up like 0.01% of the playerbase. Most casual players fucking hate Kaizo because it's literally just memorizing precise button inputs instead of actually having fun playing a well designed level.

you gonna slash your wrists extra hard when this ends up being super popular

>spams this pic
Sorry you got caught in a lie, user

Don't worry they'll find new ways to make shitty kaizo levels

Do you think this is facebook you absolute nonce

Has the final game type been leaked yet? Is it SMB2 style?

I can't wait to play Yea Forums levels honestly. I got Mario Maker a year or two late in the game but I managed to catch a stray thread a few years ago. No kaizoshit, just some pretty fun ideas.

You're pretty fucking delusional
Only a very small percentage of people find Kaizo shit enjoyable to play

It's probably going to be DLC. I'm guessing SMB2 or SML2. I doubt they would add anything else.

Hell yeah, Yea Forums level sharing threads are the best
Can't wait to play your levels bros

There is no final style, but it's nearly certainly going to be added in a future update and it's probs SMB2.
The only leak so far is that the super ball from SML is in.

Please make many snow levels for me, i'm only gonna play snow levels

Attached: 2019-06-27 03_58_27-Window.png (107x146, 27K)

I'm already trying to brainstorm something where you can either shoot a SML ball through a one-block sized hole to flip a switch or kill an enemy or something for a more puzzle-based stage or you can try and go through it as regular mario for a more challenging action-based stage

This is the exact reason kaizoshit sucks. Not skill based at all, just memory. Every single level might as well just be the card match minigame from Mario 3.
I'm glad Yea Forums gets it and the "git gud" mentality in this case is a minority. Give us challenging levels that are actually possible to beat in one try, but just unlikely so.

>before you had the option of making and playing bullshit gay kaizo shit
>skip level
>skip level
>skip level
>actual good level
>skip level
>skip level

I make snow level you slide on ice very much

Does Mario Maker 2 have the Athletic themes? This is important.

Based. Kaizo isn't skill, it's memorization and trial and error. People who complete Kaizo levels are genuine autists. Even auto levels are more fun since at least you get to see something cool onscreen instead of just dying right at the start hundreds of times.

Yes, usually combined with the Sky theme.

No ice please, only snow

Attached: 2019-06-27 04_03_29-Window.png (70x78, 14K)

What other themes would you want most?
It's all but confirmed we'll be getting more along with one more game style.

Attached: hmm.png (367x387, 121K)

Fucking awesome, so sick of people stealing my levels.

With snow, comes ice
You wanted this
You will suffer the consequences

Honestly what DON'T they have there?

>Just because you and your favorite streamer are shit at mario games doesn't mean everyone else is.

Everyone is shit at Kaizo. You have to die hundreds of times. It's not even about being hard, it's just no fucking fun. If you have to do more than like 25 attempts to upload your own level it should just block you altogether, honestly. Not to mention it takes for fucking ever to restart a level in Mario Maker so you're wasting literal hours watching the level reload doing nothing.

Volcano outside and inside themes.

Is there anything else left other than Beach, Volcano and Mountain?

Attached: 644747746756675.png (62x93, 9K)

That just indicates overworld or subworld.

Well there goes my hopes and dreams I guess.

Attached: 1524707304070.jpg (582x587, 78K)

BASED NINTENDO DABBING ON ONIONS STREAMERS

Beach
Volcano
Tower
A switch palace theme would be sick.
Factories aren't super common in Mario but that's probably the most interesting one they could add.

Not him, but lets not pretend we won't be doing the same thing in SMM2
Especially with the new clear requirements feature

Casual

I think if they were to add new styles, they should give each style an interior. Ground's interior is Underground. Underwater would be tied to a new Beach style. Desert and Ice could both get their own custom caves. Airship could have an interior and ghost house could have a haunted forest from the NSMB games. Castle could be tied to volcano. I'm not sure what forest or sky would have though.

How is it cheating if they could see what you could see? Also, you can't reupload levels that you downloaded unless you erased it completely.

based

see you in 2 months when you rebuy it to play astral chain

A World map editor would have been so much better than the shit 3D World theme. No fucking clue what they were thinking.

>tfw exactly 1000 fewer stars
s-shut up

SM3DW adapted to previous 4 themes

>How is it cheating if they could see what you could see?
>he needed nintendo power to beat mario levels

Attached: PennJ.jpg (474x612, 39K)

They REALLY didn't want accusations of it being a port.

At least you're not a third worlder like him that makes trash auto levels, right user?

Nintendo didn't put in retarded troll and kaizo shit into their game though

it will sell well because it is bad
you are too old

They should have made it so you could create the full version of SMB1, 3, and World complete with world map into the game, at least, before adding in more themes.

If you can still do midairs, pjumps and spring jumps, whats the problem,. Only thing I have a problem with is that you cant grab items while spinning.

>If you can still do midairs
You can't.

>Trials series embraces kaizo-tier tracks by giving it its own search category from Fusion onwards
>Mario Maker 2 just tries to prevent people from making kaizo maps in general

>391 stars
I tried my best, I swear

Attached: crying cat.png (446x473, 251K)

I tried to make a few ice levels in Mario Maker 1 but I'm pretty bad at it. The one that sucks the least is supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/6BF1-0000-03E8-D2B6

minecraft is shit, play pokemon better.

Mountains
>inb4 hurr durr it's too much like sky!
fuck off

Exactly. Bullshit will show up whether you want it or not. It's hardly an "option," unless skipping two thirds of all levels you encounter is your idea of entertainment.

Um, actually I quit playing for two years so my 285 stars and I want you to shut the fuck up, thank you very much.

Casulas need to kill yourselves.
you fuckers ruined DMC5.

forest - mushroom caverns
sky - mountain