This is better than the original Deus Ex in pretty much every single aspect

This is better than the original Deus Ex in pretty much every single aspect.

Attached: ee41963fbebf425c526a3eac49840db7.jpg (1063x1500, 214K)

You are correct but nostalgia fags and fake wannabe boomers are about to crucify you.

Yeah this is common knowledge?

I don't think it is.

Attached: Awesome-Art-from-deus-ex-human-revolution-deus-ex-19963879-1280-1298.jpg (1280x1298, 253K)

And it still isn't great (the music and style are though). But then some of the things people praise about DX1 are literally bugs and not features...

I think it is the best example of an "immersive sim" out there to this day. What don't you like about it?

Are we talking about DX1 or DXHR?

fucking retards

Attached: 1358883951025.jpg (2048x1536, 838K)

Attached: 1446237142033.jpg (207x253, 17K)

Just let me clarify that by "best" I don't mean "the most immersive". There are tradeoffs you need to make in order to make a game be a game, something that can be played and enjoyed by a wide array of people with a wide array of skills and interests. HR to me is the perfect balance between choices and gameplay that is intuitive and fun regardless of how you approach it.

Not quite. Level design is far more linear than the original and the game incentivizes stealth or other gameplay styles. I've always gone that route though so obviously I loved the game, but DX1 has a fair bit more going on with it and executes the core principles better.

Mankind Divided would be the actual best game in the series if the story was better. The whole thing being one hub was both a blessing and a curse.

HR.

NThe writing wa much more fleshed out in Deus Ex.

Human Revolution isn't bad like some retards will claim though.

lolno

Attached: deus_ex_shower.webm (638x360, 2.83M)

Fucking zoomies ITT. Malik and Pritchard were the only saving grace of HR.

The problem is the game is crusty really crusty

You're gonna burn alright.

>ADAM

Attached: photo.jpg (512x512, 44K)

Both the stealth and combat are pretty unengaging and clunky compared to Dishonored which would be my pick. It also feels unfinished and has some cringe writing (Megan's mother etc). Dishonored is it's equal/better in worldbuilding and visuals and also has silky smooth motion and gameplay.

the fuck did you just say???

it's worse in nearly all aspects but still 8/10

Looking for cyberpunk themed games.
Never played Deus Ex before.
Should I get Human Revolution and Mankind Divvied? How good are they?

Is the sequel any good if I'm fine with playing the same game with a different plot?

Yeah I was gonna put Dishonored at my number two post before you mentioned it. I like HR better because I still think the way Dishonored handled morality is fucking stupid and anti-fun. The game gives you all the tools in the world to creatively kill your targets and then hits you over the head when you pull the trigger.
I must say though that, at least visually, Dishonored takes HR to school.

Attached: bfc48122d71ed332331523ab3fbb94cb.jpg (2000x885, 219K)

best games of this generation tbqh, just buy and play the whole series

Attached: 1407189405688.jpg (276x368, 25K)

Number two spot, not post.
Sorry.

Reminder to play the original release because the directors cut is based off the wii u port which was based off a buggy early pc build.

You can still find keys for the original release on key sites.

piss filter is pleb filter

based and redpilled

Why are you talking like this isn't common knowledge?

Sent from my Samsubg Galaxy S7

except in level design, which was a key aspect of the first game
you have to be a underage faggot who thinks good level design = pretty level design
the original have so much more options in the way you approach the level, none of them feel scripted or strictly layout by the designers even tho they obviously were, that what makes that game so special
if you don't see it you didn't played the first one enough in different ways

Attached: 1549924452971.jpg (429x399, 28K)

my toaster shitted itself with the last one so I don't know

>You can still find keys for the original release on key sites
I was looking for it a few days ago but all these sites look kinda sketchy. I don't feel very safe putting credit card info on them.
I have the original and Missing Link on an older Steam account I gave to my younger brother and he lost it, the fucking cunt.

OG Deus Ex is absolute dogshit for gameplay. It didn't age well. It did have far better writing, and more places and potential paths to explore, more ways to get missions done.
Mankind Divided has the best gameplay, but the world feels very limited. Total game length is solid with all the DLC though.

But is it really better to have a dozen ways to do the same thing when all of them are clunky when you can have three ways that feel way more well realized? That's what I was talking about before.
I am NOT talking trash about Deus Ex by the way, I think it is the second most important game of all time and everybody should play it at least once.

I actually think the chaos system was great and went over people's heads (it went over Harvey Smith's head actually and he's the one who put it in there so). It works brilliantly if you are RPing. The game isn't punishing you, it's making a world appropriate for a mass-murdering protagonist. Obviously the story is going to be darker and more oppressive. I was most impressed with the game on high chaos - slaughtered my way through the Boyle manor and the three sisters were huddled together in a bedroom. One said "go on, you can't help yourself can you?". Picked her up of the floor, held her in a dance posture, stabbed her in the stomach. You are a monster incarnating the rat plague and the story reflects that. No happy ending would make sense.

Ive had no problems with g2a, kinguin, cdkeys. Just make sure you uncheck anything like "shield" basically anything that protects your purchase and wants to charge you extra.

I just wnat a the new deus ex to be released, mankind divided ended realy abdructly

Attached: 1544757605868.jpg (1080x726, 126K)

This
It doesn't have the boss fight fixes, but it's less buggy, looks more aesthetic, and doesn't have the standalone mission that has no business being part of the story

Did you have a stroke while typing this?

Hm, now that you put is this way, it does make a little more sense.
I still think the game should be a little more lenient with it, though. If I'm not mistaken you get bad karma even by killing "zombies".
Also I just wanted to point out that this is the first rational discussion about video games that I've had on this video game board in years.

Sad isnt it

Yes, the downside and the reason people didn't like it is that killing people tends to be a consequence of just stealthing poorly, whereas the game thinks you are intentionally murdering them. This is one reason why dishonored didn't really click for me until my 2nd playthrough, when it abruptly became one of my absolute favourite games. It really helps to be good at it!

Based amd redpilled

WrongWrong

>dosex
>dogshit gameplay
lol
level design was vastly better than
>huge room with 6 baddies
>go in or go into obligatory single air vent at entrance reaching every baddy for epic stealth

Lmao no, it's not even as good as Mankind Divided

The enemy AI is so bad that guards patrol in circles endlessly and you can trivially walk around them. The actual gameplay mechanics are bad. You play Deus Ex for the story, and for a little exploration. Literally no one plays it for gameplay.

Is Mankind Divided good?
I keep hearing mixed opinions.

Why the fuck are you comparing this to dishonored
But both games are equally as shit but not in the same way. MD is just a polished turd, and doesn't even begin to compare to the original DX

Mankind Divided would've been better than the original too if they didn't cut the game in half (and then cancel the second half to make an awful looking capeshit game)

Not him but you're being very OLD GOOD NEW BAD right now.
Articulate, my guy.

>AI is so bad that guards patrol in circles endlessly
also known as 'partrolling', tell me how nusex improves on it?
Gameplay is stellar, if somewhat stiff from FPS point of view, there are many approaches to every encounter such as stealth, combat, explosives and simple skill system to facilitate this.
What is dogshit about it you faggot?
I'm perfectly fine with nusex being better if you can back it up with at single fact.

Attached: 1509321468575.jpg (654x900, 203K)

It's fun and immersive but like HR the themes and story are more contrived compared to the original

He thinks it's shit because the shooting mechanics are lackluster and that's all zoomers think about when they hear the word "gameplay".