Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Should I buy the EE or stick to the original?

Attached: vw6d2In.jpg (2014x854, 643K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

EE has good QoL stuff. There's no real reason not to get it.

EE's QoL stuff is for casuals and you can mod it in if you really need it. There's no real reason to get it.

can you mod spell descriptions on right click?

seems like they made it a lot uglier though. changed armor looks and spell fx

EE is fine

EE.
Just look up the new NPCs it adds if you want to avoid the "SJW content".
Though frankly, Neera is fucking wonderful. As is Wilson in the second one

Beamdog is a guilty of a number of different crimes. Here are the major ones.

1. The Enhanced Editions are essentially a collection of free mods that had existed for nearly twenty years. Beamdog gathered them all up, slapped "Enhanced Edition" on it and resold it as a new product. There's very very little in the Enhanced Editions that wasn't already out there, and most of it is stuff you don't want (like obnoxious character outlines).

2. The games didn't sell so well and the originals were still far outselling them, even twenty years after their release, so Beamdog had EVERY digital distributor stop selling the originals and ONLY sell the Enhanced Edition. If you want to buy a digital copy of the originals now, they're "bundled" into the Enhanced Edition. Now these scumbags can claim sales from people just wanting to buy the originals as their own.

3. The infamous 600+ bugs on launch. The game is still riddled with bugs (as even a perfunctory glance over their forums show) but the fact that it took nearly two years for them to get a game that had been working fine for 20 years to reach playability after launch is telling of their wild incompetence.

4. This is where we get to the ones that really piss people off. Beamdog couldn't just remaster the game, they had to fuck with the content too. New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly. Beamdog shills will argue that "adding content isn't changing content XDDD" but it is when the new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters. This is in addition to adding a slew of their own LGBT (hitherto there were none in Baldur's Gate) NPCs, all flooded with OP attributes and magic items to encourage people to play them despite their cancer.

5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.

6. warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278

Attached: Beamniggers.png (661x245, 39K)

Based. Fuck beamdog. I want them to go out of business. Edmonton is a shithole but it doesnt deserve to suffer 2 SJW studios.
t.edmontonion

EE wizard spell book looks like shit too

I used the EE, most mods I tried worked as well (except for Ascension) so I had a fun couple hundred hours without any major issues

Attached: 1559763415211.jpg (613x635, 44K)

EE doesn't only change the NPCs you fucking retards. It changes spell FX, armor looks and item icons.

>New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly.
is this true?

Mhmm, yes, very good.
That's not the SJW content, though.

Based poster. God bless you.

Only in their OC doughnut steel DLC
Minsc even had a line about Gamergate but they patched it out

thinking about picking up the infinity bundle, but it doesnt have nwn and instead has soundtracks that i have no desire to pay for
ive never played any of these games before, despite playing pen and paper d&d when i was young
should i just get the all the games separately? is seige of dragonspear as shit as people say? is nwn worth playing? any other d&d stuff worth checking out that isnt included in this bunch?

EE makes the game pathetically easy and needlessly changes some of the dialogue.

Yes.

They literally were not allowed to change the existing games dialogue, characters, or story.

A few days ago I learned they added an option for aoe indicator, useful stuff

Attached: aoe indicator.png (1024x768, 790K)

They literally did anyway.

>makes the game pathetically easy
Bullshit. They didnt change any balance stuff in BG2.

No they didn't, they just added their faggy oc shit beside it. The base games dialogue is completely unchanged.

how about you play the original game first before you make shit up zoomer

>hasn't played the original BG or BG2

How about you post some comparisons of actual dialogue swaps then? I'll wait.

Attached: SMug3.png (340x487, 157K)

Jesus that looks fucking ugly

Name one thing.

i guess nigga dont have anything

Of course he doesn't because they had contracts in place to prevent that shit. You shouldn't give Beamniggers money but they didn't change the base game at all. Just pirate EE and mod their additions out.