Hmm

Hmm...

Attached: CYBERGTAPUNK 5.png (805x399, 446K)

HMM...

Attached: Cyberpunk City.png (861x686, 677K)

H M M . . .

Attached: RCO164_w.jpg (1381x2048, 1.01M)

H

M

M

Attached: Night City.png (793x407, 400K)

h to m to m dot dot dot

Attached: Warehouse:Factory.png (827x435, 455K)

looks shit

>everything cyberpunk needs to look the exact same as it did in the 80s
and yet you fags probably wonder why people are bored of a nearly 40 year old niche subgenre

Based Masamune Shirow poster.

came here to post this

I like how idiots think the Akira cityscape is something that would make sense in a 3d environment

Attached: akira-city.jpg (2400x1322, 571K)

i like how idiots like to constantly make themselves look stupid

Attached: kte.jpg (3840x1620, 899K)

>Why does a game based on an RPG that came out in 1990 look like things from the late 80s.

you see, that's much more realistic than akira. if you look at akira's cityscape, the rear buildings look way too big. in fact, i think those rear buildings are more an artistic conceit to give the viewer the feeling of being on the street-level looking up rather than a realistic portrayal of scale.

I have no idea what youre getting at

Night city got nuked, dude

are you posting from 2002?

Attached: 1561535067591.jpg (1920x1080, 104K)

So there's a huge amount of discussion over cyberpunk, what it is, what it isn't, whether it's drawing from the right sources, etc. So I think we should try and put together a list of stuff that either is cyberpunk or influenced cyberpunk and basically from a visual, plot, themes or tone fed into the genre. Here's a brief list of what came to mind right off the bat. Note, this isn't perfect and we can argue the inclusion of several of these things, so don't take it as an attempt to establish an absolute codex of the genre, but rather to try and flesh it out and to get people to watch or read some of the stuff which made it up. The list isn't going to seperate books from films, etc so take it as it is.

Also note that this is no indication of quality; some of the works here are fantastic, some are quite bad.

INFLUENTIAL (Either due to visual style, story elements, tone or just being aped, these works fed into the genre and influenced it to some degree, important enough to be included).

The Stars My Destination
The Demolished Man
Alphaville
Scanners
Mad Max
Blade Runner (I’ve seen people argue it as being cyberpunk and not being cyberpunk; it’s right at the cusp and predates many of the literary works, and I’m not sure myself so I’m putting it here, please don’t be autistic about this as while it is crucial to the visual style and general tone/story of many cyberpunk works, it’s also just a shade too early)
The Warriors
Streets of Fire

CYBERPUNK:

Burst City
Cyberpunk (Short Story)
The Sprawl Trilogy
The Ware Tetralogy
Snow Crash
A Song Called Youth Trilogy
The Glass Hammer
Mirrorshades: A Cyberpunk Anthology
American Flagg
Ghost in the Shell
Cyber City Oedo
TekWar Franchise
Max Headroom: 20 Minutes into the Future (Film/Television)
Wild Palms
Johnny Mnemonic (Film and Short Story)
Hardware (Film)
Gunned
Tetsuo: The Iron Man

It's not an exhaustive list so I'll be adding to it as I hope you will too, and we can discuss what does/doesn't belong as well.

>scamcitizen

yea post fucking videogames not vaporware

thats weird i can fly around that city right now. can you drive through cp2077 or is that vaporware too?

Star Citizen takes place in 2945. Cyberpunk 2077 takes place in 2077. It makes sense that the city wouldn't be as vast.

>hmm... Psychos™.. Gotta be

He's not here for facts and productive discussion, you dipshit.
He's here to shitpost and fuck with fanboys, or to spread misinformation according to his employers' agenda.

so the issue is with perspective not 3D environments, gotcha.

nothing to do with 3D environments and cityscapes, try again.

see above

Nah, that's the guy who has been spamming literally made up shit about this game for months now.

For what purpose? You should watch cyberpunk or "cyberpunk" shit because it's good and you enjoy the themes, why would you care if it has been declared "true cyberpunk" by a bunch of anonymous faggots?
I've been into the genere for a long ass time, even watched most of the garbage movies posted on cyberpunkreview back when it was still alive. One thing I can tell you is that there aren't much pure cyberpunk works, and there is even less acctually good pure cyberpunk works.

Remember that gay argument people were having yesterday? Making up genres wholesale, like Post Cyberpunk and Tech Noir? Let's do that again!

That literally is not what I'm trying to do if you actually read the post.

Robocop is not cyberpunk.

Robocop is definitely cyberpunk. All cops are criminals, so it fits the definition of "High Tech, Low Life" perfectly.

gta 6

Is every game with cars and cities GTA to you?

I wanna go to Tech Noir.

Attached: Tech-Noir-e1487853831592.png (640x370, 221K)

if it has open world, yes

Is the Terminator cyberpunk?

That's a pretty silly way to look at things. The car is ubiquitous to modern life, as are cities. To say that their inclusion in an open world game set in the future makes that game a GTA clone is ridiculous.

Yes, according to Pondsmith.

Only if Trancers is considered cyberpunk.

Attached: 4ef023317e53050ec4878ac57ae12781_L.jpg (600x340, 152K)

h filename m thread m

Attached: _v_ mods Cyberpunk 2077.webm (480x360, 2.1M)

Unironically cyberpunk bro.

Yes, user, that is unironically precisely what Cyberpunk is supposed to be about

Cyberpunk cities never looked better than this.

Attached: Johnny Mnemonic 1995 8.jpg (1540x866, 200K)

Only if you think cyberpunk is all 'corps bad, beat them!" which isn't the plot of most cyberpunk works

Shame about the rest of the movie, though

Yea, it's a shame it was so amazing and we will never see anything of it's caliber again. How many works have ripped off this exact set piece?

Attached: 1tcqaafw2pw11.gif (540x292, 961K)

I actually watched it since people started mentioning it. The whole film is great, the fuck are you talking about? It's a bit 90s but it's basically a Gibson novel brought to life (albeit with a more simple overarching plot).

It literally is of the one thing the game is directly based on, though, so get fucked

Which is that? Neuromancer? I missed the scene where Case said 'I'm gonna beat Tessier-Ashpool and save the world!"

Can't be Robocop; Murphy didn't take down OCP and saved Detroit, he took down a single corrupt executive.

Fuck Robocop 3 and 2 is also shit, watch it again, it's a mess.

In fact that's the perfect way to do it; Case didn't destroy TA, Murphy didn't remove OCP, they did what they needed to do in their own interests.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the fuckin' weather pendejo puta cunt

Attached: GTA 2077.jpg (1024x461, 57K)

Cyberpunk 2020 you absolute mong

The script is terrible (it was written by Gibson himself). Also, Keanu isn't that good of an actor.

Cyberpunk 2020 isn't about taking down huge corporatons and sticking it to the man, unless that's the campaign your gm wants to bring but even Pondsmith advised you to not let players think or even really try to take down the corps due to just how huge and omnipotent they are.

Attached: 98-bb31a9cb24.jpg (904x1188, 501K)

Attached: 99-b072c9b04f.jpg (904x1188, 508K)

We'll have to disagree; i thought the script was well paced and hit the right tone throughout (especially considering about thirty minutes of the film was cut to appease the studio). And Keanu was perfect for the role.

kek

This. I have never heard of a single Cyberpunk 2020 campaign where you were going to take down entire corps. Maybe foil the odd division head scheme here or there, but nothing like removing the megacorps from power entirely.

Though now I actually want to try a campaign (maybe not using CP2020 but still) where the players are running a megacorporation. I might actually use Paranoia XP: High Programmers and fiddle with it a bit.

You're right, but that's not what was being discussed at all. A archetypal evil corporation (mr burns in this case) blocks the sun, so that he can sell people more electricity instead. That is literally something straight out of a cyberpunk campaign.

BEFOOOOORE YOU SAVE ME

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

you're demonstrating his point. that's a totally boring static environment.

Makes sense to me

you should have reffed the much better Perturbator song

>so the issue is with perspective not 3D environments, gotcha.
they're tied together. you can't manipulate the viewers perspective so easily in a 3D environment, especially when the viewer can freely move around in it.

While I admit Perturbator is much better, this Tech Noir has John Carpenter which makes it better by default

What doesn't make sense of it?

But one of the aspects of Cyberpunk is really tall imposing buildings - that's one of the reasons, actually, that I love the depiction of Neo-Tokyo's skyline at the beggining of the movie. (This: ) that really shows that you're an ant on a world of lights.

Anyways, pic related is a more "grounded" view of the city's skyline in which some buildings (Megacorps, I guess) are, without a doubt, monumental.

Attached: Akira-background-10-768x922.jpg (768x922, 72K)