3D World theme is the only new style - came before more important ones such as SMB2USA and Mario Land

>3D World theme is the only new style - came before more important ones such as SMB2USA and Mario Land
>Night levels are in but are tied to gimmicks that can't be turned off
>Costumes and Skinny Mario completely missing
>Still no Mario Paint-esque music composer
>Most easter eggs that gave the original a personality were removed
>Several bizarre design decisions (Fire Koopas only in 3D World, no button usage in handheld mode, etc.)
>There are now exclusive mechanics in the Story Mode, which was supposed to show what could be achieved with the toolset
yikes

Attached: 3538384-super mario maker 2.jpg (1214x933, 606K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/u/GCCXGeneral
youtube.com/watch?v=9pY0pAk4xLA
explodingrabbit.com/games/super-mario-bros-crossover/
youtube.com/watch?v=A0L4mlpzEH0
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/AAFD-0000-03EE-45E1
twitch.tv/ptken
twitter.com/grandpoobear/status/1143902011689242625?s=21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>came before more important ones such as SMB2USA and Mario Land
lol

Imagine honestly thinking land is more important
OP is a retard
The only valid point he made is the amiibo costumes and fire koopa

>3D World is under the "Extra Themes" tab implying there will be additional themes added later
>Night levels are supposed to be gimmicky and not just a cosmetic change
>no more shitty themed levels based around amiibo characters
>you can compose music in the maker using the note blocks
>the original easter eggs were removed, there will likely be totally NEW easter eggs for 2
>certain enemies are restricted to the extra modes, if we get a Super Mario 2 theme then you won't be seeing shy guys in the other themes. Also you should be using the touch screen if you have it undocked since its the superior way to build
>exclusive mechanics

D World is under the "Extra Themes" tab implying there will be additional themes added later
it is fair to criticize the game in its current state
>>Night levels are supposed to be gimmicky and not just a cosmetic change
no reason for this. options are good. let people make normal night levels if they want
>>no more shitty themed levels based around amiibo characters
less options is never a good thing for a creative game
>>you can compose music in the maker using the note blocks
obviously not a true composer, a stupid workaround that most people won't want to deal with
>>the original easter eggs were removed, there will likely be totally NEW easter eggs for 2
"likely" being the key word here
>>certain enemies are restricted to the extra modes, if we get a Super Mario 2 theme then you won't be seeing shy guys in the other themes. Also you should be using the touch screen if you have it undocked since its the superior way to build
i'll concede my first point, but regarding the second, options are never a bad thing
>>exclusive mechanics
there are toad carrying objectives in the story mode, which can't be made by the user. also a few others

>Night levels are supposed to be gimmicky and not just a cosmetic change
Yes, but why?

>no button usage in handheld mode
They didn't actually do this, did they? Mapping the shoulder buttons to select, erase etc sped up level making so much, they'd be fucking retarded to get rid of that.

user, I....

I got to think this is something they'll change quickly if there's enough complaining, like how they changed the unlock system in the first game right away.

>>Night levels are in but are tied to gimmicks that can't be turned off

I thought this wasn't a thing

Yoiko's 5th SMM2 episode comes out sometime today (Thursday in Japan).

pastebin.com/u/GCCXGeneral

Attached: DEEPEST LORE.jpg (1200x675, 203K)

You can make a nighttime level without placing the moon object, but the gimmicks like being upside down in the underground theme will always be present.

Well you don't have to use the moon object and you could change the music to something else, but I think the other gimmicks are locked in when you make night levels.

>Still no Mario Paint-esque music composer
Oh boy, I sure want to hear awful songs made by kids, and deliberate earrape made by trolls.

Attached: 1513390329155.gif (600x341, 723K)

So just to be clear, you can have nighttime levels without the gimmicks, but you can't have the gimmicks without nighttime levels?

yikes @ this yikes cringe post
oof

What about people who can actually write music? Don't NOT give us the option just because the average person will suck at it.

>you can have nighttime levels without the gimmicks
Without a couple of the gimmicks, but the rest are locked in.
>you can't have the gimmicks without nighttime levels
There are some gimmicks exclusive to nighttime levels, yes.

This close to game release, I wonder if we'll spot anything unrevealed in the level they're making.

post the all-stars copypasta already

>certain enemies are restricted to extra modes
including ones that were in the original games. mario 3 was literally the first game fire hammer bros appeared in.

>>There are now exclusive mechanics in the Story Mode, which was supposed to show what could be achieved with the toolset
oh gee retard maybe it's because there will be content updates like the first game???

>please don't critique the game in its current state!!!!

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED

>you can compose music in the maker using the note blocks
as in
>you literally can't make music for any level type except "speedrun," "autoscroll" or "automatic" levels
What's even the fucking point?

>you could change the music to something else
Source?

Hello?

Hello.

>game is so good I have to list a bunch of literally who cares in order to pretend it is not good

go back to your 3DS and 240p

go write music instead of playing mario then

At least for the new SFC/N64/GC/Wii musics they added, you could attach one to Mario to make it play throughout the level.

From MM1, if you but a sound effect on Mario, that theme will play for the entire level.

Example, if you are making a boss rush level, placing the boss theme sfx on Mario will mean the theme will play for entire duration of the level.

I think this game will be good and all, but
>they'll fix it later!
kys

What a stupid answer. What if you want to put an existing song into a level? It would be a lot easier with a music maker than it would be to drop shit onto music blocks inside a level.

Shut the fuck up and post some leaked gameplay

Attached: eyeroll.gif (470x296, 3.91M)

>What if you want to put an existing song into a level?
then move the fuck on with your life or make your own mario maker

Only one person leaked gameplay and it was taken down.

Bros, please ignore the shitposters. We only have 2 more days to go. Just hold on and soon you will be making levels with your fellow makes in comfy threads. Please don't feed them.

Attached: 1559686574836.png (856x1200, 801K)

I'm going to stop replying to lazy phoneposting idiots whose posts start with a lowercase letter.

Hello?

autocorrect makes the first letter capitalized, I'm on a keyboard you sperg

Stop replying to ANYBODY who doesn't start their post with a capital and end with punctuation. Your sanity will improve dramatically.

>no more shitty themed levels based around amiibo characters

Aaand... not buying. Imagine justifying this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=9pY0pAk4xLA
>the music change at 5:39

I'm kinda bummed that the Mario Royale thing was taken down, it was doing such a good job of killing time while I waited for MM2 to release. It would've made the next couple days go so much faster

>muh quirky zelda dungeons!
>muh star faux!
>muh kawaii anime girl stages!
Oh no such a big loss! What will we ever do without those lazily thrown together amiibo gimmick stages?

Well, you've still got Super Mario Crossover, user. It just isn't multiplayer. explodingrabbit.com/games/super-mario-bros-crossover/

With the "waah waah I can't compose my own music" these people are starting to sound like they should just learn Gamemaker or Unity instead of playing a fucking bing bing wahoo game but are too lazy to do it so they want Nintendo to realize their game designer power fantasy.

5:30, sorry

Attached: There's a joke in here somewhere.png (321x615, 155K)

I was late to the party and apparently came after controller support was kinda borked. I never got it to work well at all, and now it's gone.

god damn will you shut the fuck up

agreed. i like that online courses will now be mainly auto courses!

I think people want to play this specific game and add music to it more easily. Telling them to play something else is a useless suggestion.

how does a 20-year old .exe still BTFO mario maker?

Attached: lmnew2.gif (580x561, 32K)

Mario 2 and Mario Land are more important than a rehashed NSMB style. 3D World wasn't even a 2D game. All of the style's gimmicks could've just been exclusive features to the NSMB style since the art style is exactly the same.

Also you're a huge faggot or underage if you think the game for a system nobody bought where mario runs around in a fursuit saying "meow" is more important than two of the best selling and most iconic Mario games of all time.

damn that's nice

Yeah, how does it? Because 99% of the user base sure as hell won’t care.

>Only has one style
>Awkward to use
>No one will play your levels

I think their episodes are more about general hijinks than content reveals.

Good news, I was wrong: youtube.com/watch?v=A0L4mlpzEH0

I don't want to go back into lunar magic again. Making custom content was annoying.

It's funny how slopes and vertical levels alone make this feel way more like an actual Mario game

>make a level
>noone plays it because only a handful of autists have that program
sounds fun

TRhis game is a prime example of Nintendo's lazy attitude and Nintendo fan's cock sucking.

This has got to be the LAZIEST "sequel" for any fucking game, ever. This is NOT worth $90 up here in Canad.

D World is under the "Extra Themes" tab implying there will be additional themes added later

Watch them be DLC.

Mario Multiverse pretty much blows this out of the water. Shame it will be DMCA

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE FUCKING GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE! WHY should we have to WAIT for things that SHOULD ALREADY BE.

Nintendo is the laziest dev in existence, it's pathetic. THis along side the shitty LA remake shows how low Nintendo fans standards is.

>damage controlling this hard

Because Nintendo is lazy and Nintendo fans have no standards.

>>Only has one style
Derr, you can import different game sprites and mix and match.
>>Awkward to use
Only to you, it works almost exactly like MM.
>>No one will play your levels
So says you, mario hacks are still super popular

Ironically those stages are among the highest quality ones in the cesspool that is course world.

>my autism maker is actually super popular

gee, I wonder who’s behind these posts?

Attached: 53F9ADC0-4A3A-4008-8A01-718AA4CAE314.jpg (610x761, 26K)

>it works almost exactly like MM
>literally having to lie to justify using your outdated software

Attached: .jpg.jpg (136x137, 9K)

Anyone still playing Maker 1? I need one more play on my last level so that it doesn't get deleted (you need a certain number of stars or plays and 10 plays gets it a difficulty rating).
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/AAFD-0000-03EE-45E1

Is that a feitsh?

I don't know user.
Is it a fetish? ;^)

>I LOVE 256:224 and a max of 10 sprites at once!
>I LOVE using assembly to add anything custom!
As a long time rom hacker, mario maker 2 surpasses lunar magic in so many ways

I'm disappointed that they didn't make a few costumes that aren't a lame power up. Does everything have the shitty NSMB physics? It'd be fucking great if an option was pick your physics and if you want different characters to play uniquely. They could add the princesses and Wario.

I'd hope first party tools are better than ancient hacks.

Mario land has representation, which is enough
Superball power up was leaked

Land is literally "fake Mario games" and is only remembered for being where Wario was born.

Still looks fun! Can’t wait to play it Friday :)

This is what Mario Maker truly needs

Attached: D7R4lhqXYAENTRu.png (416x497, 140K)

No it really doesn't.

Lunar Magic, and other software, has EVERYTHING. MM2 is missing a ton of stuff and themes...So how is it better when it has less and does less?

Streamer testing a bunch of things in mm2 on here.

twitch.tv/ptken

It gets worse, they've removed a ton of advanced mechanics like midairs, grabbing during spin jump, and putting cannons on top of shells. P-Switch and spring jump physics have been significantly changed.
twitter.com/grandpoobear/status/1143902011689242625?s=21

Cope

If levels couldn't be completed without prior knowledge of those advanced mechanics then it makes sense. Otherwise yeah it's dumb of them.

Literally only affects the 1% who are autistics.

Imagine defending the removal of tech.

I assume I can't but is it possible to download levels others have made and edit them?
Can I make a tiny huge island or is it only certain enemies that can be made giant?

>I assume I can't but is it possible to download levels others have made and edit them?
Possible in MM1 but not MM2.
>Can I make a tiny huge island or is it only certain enemies that can be made giant?
You can make giant enemies but not giant course elements

>Possible in MM1 but not MM2.
source? there's no fucking way this is true.

How is the lag in competitive multiplayer? Maybe they removed frame perfect tricks like midairs because they are impossible with online multiplayer.

So no large blocks? But I can make all enemies larger or is it limited to certain enemies (not including bosses if those are a thing)