Redpill me on temtem, /vp/. What does it have that Sneed and Shield diesn't?

Redpill me on temtem, /vp/. What does it have that Sneed and Shield diesn't?

Attached: df26016b13e21886dc09cf02de91cbec_original.png (1552x873, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/cremagames/temtem-massively-multiplayer-creature-collection-a/posts/2320002
temtem.gamepedia.com/Temtem_Species
discord.gg/PPnbvt
kickstarter.com/projects/cremagames/temtem-massively-multiplayer-creature-collection-a/posts/2529949
pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/worlds/2018/vgc-masters/
store.steampowered.com/app/211420/DARK_SOULS_Prepare_To_Die_Edition/
store.steampowered.com/app/330830/Tales_from_the_Borderlands/?curator_clanid=21416
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>indie
strike one
>crowdfunded
strike two
>mmo
strike three, it's garbage.

It looks like shit.

Now hold on a second. These are experienced developers who worked really hard on this game. We at least owe them a chance before calling it garbage.

Disgusting, don't you ever post that shit again OP

scam citizen, mighty no. 9 and yooka-laylee had "experienced developers" too.

>>indie
Anybody who unironically thinks 'indie' makes a game inherently bad should be removed from the gene pool. Go back to sucking corporate cock, retard.

I've got it preordered and played a bit. I like it, but I feel like all the monsters are near the same size. It doesnt feel like any are super big or super small. Feels less like Pokemon where you've got Squirtle and then you've got Blastoise.

Also after just doing Sun and Moon I really wish TemTem wasnt tropical themed.

Yeah but those games are done. It's not fair to judge before you play it for a bit

following mons, your own decoratable home, online based.
but crowdfunded indie status warrant at least some caution for now.

How is it being a MMO inherently a bad thing? Judging by how popular PokeMMO is I’d say there’s a fair bit of interest in that aspect

>strawmanning THIS hard

It's not very telling considering we're on a board dedicated to garbage games.

there are some great indie devs out there, but there's a lot LOT more that are garbage.

>early access kickstarter MMO with no offline content
>20$
Yeah no, ain't buying neither this shit or SWSH

>poor and/or piratefag
>not buying a cheap game
Big surprise

fpbp

>buy our unfinished MMO kickstarter trash at 20$! What are you, poor?!
Try harder, shill. Or just tell your boss to finish his game.

I think it's more focused on competitive than pokemon

Double battles are shit and any retard that thinks forcing them as the main format makes the game more competitive or more interesting is not worth my time and money

>cheap
reminder that DST is $14.99 and is a complete game with both online and offline content

paid shills. Pokemon's shills do it for free.

>falseflagging

bought it this morning, played until brical de mar then took a break to get my hair and beard sheared off
fucking hell this shit is pretty good, i especially like the temporium minis
Yes, I chose Smazee. Wanna fight about it, bitch?

Attached: money well spent.png (1121x102, 13K)

mods=gods

Is there a way we could strike back at retarded mods?

why though? temtem belongs on Yea Forums
even Town made by gamefreak gets sent to Yea Forums

Become a mod yourself, outperform them, and eventually stage a coup

It's also 3 years old now

Checked

>same shitty gameplay than other main pokemon games
>ugly monster designs
>trying too hard to sell on nostalgia alone
Honestly I'm not seeing the difference past texture resolution.

only about two hours in and it's better then sun and moon were two hours in, better by a lot, and it's in alpha too which is sad

A complete pokemon experience, apparently. Only problem is the designs aren't very good.

weird shill post but alright

>post opinion on game
>user cries shill
stop it, i know we're on Yea Forums which is the worst board but still

Funny because I like the minimalistic designs. Types are weird, and battles aren't as exciting because there's no rng so nothing misses or crits, and sleeping and poison last set amount of turns. But I like all the designs I've seen except for the small red bird with the 3 eyes. The stamina system is fucking great though I wish pokemon had implemented that instead of PP it's such a good mechanic that makes you have to balance stamina

Okay shill

Awww is shillkun upset he was outed
Imma say it fuck ur stupid faggot game
Even the name is so god damn retarded
Choke on that stupid faggot

The state of pokemon fans.

It's ok bro.

Attached: cringe.png (500x375, 292K)

As opposed to ALL corporate games being shit? I'd say indies have the better ratio then.

>same shitty gameplay than other main pokemon games
>ugly monster designs
>trying too hard to sell on nostalgia alone

Yeah sun and moon was pretty bad

A good indie game is usually a diamond once they get funding to fully realize their idea. A bad one is just a cash grab.

A triple a title is always a cashgrab

MMO doesn't really harm a Pokemon game at all though. It doesn't help the main gameplay much either perhaps, but it is a big boon to multiplayer, side-activities especially. Imagine being able to do all the multiplayer content in Platinum Version, but all the time and at full capacity. Something like that.

The alpha only has a few islands though, doesn't it? The theming actually seems pretty damn broad from what I've read of some of them.

heh

Sorry, can you phrase it differently so I don't feel like I'm reading an advert?

bought it earlier, played for a while (from the first town to the next) before taking a break
was fun, and there was a mini version of the healing center that i particularly liked
also the starter i chose was smazee

by that retarded logic, mighty no. 9 is a better game than mega man x4 because it's not corporate. why are indie shills so delusional?

temtem is the battleborn to nu-pokemon's overwatch. it's the same shit, but even more cringe.

Keep crying u dumb bitch shill faggot
>state of Pokémon fans
When didn I even mentioned Pokémon dumb retard did u stroke out or something shillkun?

Attached: 559192B0-5383-4BA4-B5C3-58B348EE36ED.jpg (688x667, 87K)

Only pokemon fans lash out at clones of pokemon

The
State
Of
Pokemon
Fans

Pathetic dude

English please

imagine being this much of a brainlet to not like doubles

Attached: 1559773821792.jpg (800x631, 103K)

Keep crying shill no one wants to play ur shitty Chinese knockoff go shill it somewhere else u annoying faggot

Attached: 959A1E0D-A393-4F13-8A78-39A949787A73.png (429x502, 236K)

Doubles is shit, every battle should be a rotation battle and if you don't agree you're a brainlet

battleborn and overwatch are in the same genre, both are shit, but battleborn is more cringeworthy than overwatch.
temtem and nu-pokemon (in other words, every game that came out after b2w2) are in the same genre, both are shit, but temtem is more cringeworthy than nu-pokemon.

>judging games on cringe factor
I hate this board

Attached: ##### da don.jpg (362x567, 38K)

I fucking wish Rotation Battles took off they were great

How about you leave the thread if you so bothered autist-kun?

I dunno bro, you're looking like a bit of an annoying faggot too

idk why people are hating so much on it
It looks really clean and nice.

Might check it out for sure.

You're right about the rotation battles, but doubles are still better than normal singles.

What is "shit" and "cringeworthy" is really a matter of opinion. Idk man you use a lot of buzzwords to express your opinion pick up a thesaurus and expand your vocabulary

Are dubs really back?

Attached: buzz.jpg (450x432, 32K)

I can see right through u faggot ass shills

subhuman double nigger, you aren't even worthy of licking the boots of triple battlers. Your shitty format is a subset of ours. A literal downgrade, poor man's, training wheels version.

Pokemon fans austistically attack anything not pokemon when it threatens it. I. E. Digimon, DQ, monster rancher, YW, ect. Always without fail.

You want a medal? Or what. You're free to leave and let us talk about the game we are enjoying you don't have to sperg out

No it’s just this stupid knock off shit game that keeps being shilled here every post about it reads like an advertisement
Fuck u digimon is the best thing evar go get pepper sprayed shill

>wahhhhh stop calling me out on being a shill why won’t u let me shit up the place and shill my retarder faggot knockoff game reeee

Attached: CD0215AC-2411-41D3-B055-A4575CE9EA46.png (500x522, 89K)

It's pretty good dude Kickstart games can't afford shills anyway.

I do it for free.

No it’s the devs themselves shilling it because literally no one wants to play it
Fuck off shill

They both have their place. Doubles might be a better competitive format, but in single player they just become "single battles, but twice as long". Plus, in single battles there's a greater emphasis on move choice when covering your weaknesses and I prefer that approach.
Indeed, switching and attacking on the same turn lends itself to a lot of extra strategy. I can't say the same about triple battles though, those were pretty underwhelming.

Legitimately laughing to myself, I just bought the game dude and I wanted to talk about it. And here you are thinking you're some sherlock holms. Pretty pathetic dude. Idc if you think I'm one because I'm not, but seeing the type of person you are you'll probably use the words retarded and faggot again because those are 2 of the 200 words you know.

nah pretty sure those posts were made before this was moved from /vp/
oh yeah

THIS THREAD WAS MOVED FROM /VP/

Oh
Ok

please keep arguing, i honestly thought this thread would die 5 minutes after being moved to the fastest board on the site but thanks to you guys its still here

>trust me I’m totally not a shill nope just someone who is totally interested in this “game” haha trust me okay
Ur not even trying to hide it again ur gayme is stupid and ur dumb go away u gay bitch

this is you

Attached: cringe.png (861x1200, 1.57M)

Don't mention it bro it's a good game and I want it to get some attention

I'm not trying to hide it because I'm not a shill Einstein

It's actually more like "single battles, but half as long" since you're taking out two pokemon at once. Plus now all those doubles moves and abilities can finally be useful in singleplayer, and that leads to a more natural difficulty with all the doubles tactics opponents can use.

Not a fan of the general aesthetic of the game. The character and monster designs simply don't captivate me. MMO aspect wasn't necessary either.

But having a game with no RNG bs and that's mainly double battles is a nice change. It's also nice being able to customize your trainer from the get go.

Hmmm those two posts contradict eachother so what’s the truth, I just wana talk about the game but also I thought it would die after being moving here keep arguing yet ur the one who made this thread
U just exposed ur self shill

heres a thought
he(bottom post)'s not me(top post)

he(top) me(bottom)*

No both those posts implying they made the thread
U exposed urself shill

So I actually own it and play it, does anyone have any questions. I haven't gotten terribly far but it's pretty solid as of now.

Attached: Temtem_2019-06-25_01-58-02.png (1776x342, 1.25M)

You picked Smazee, right?

LOOK THE SHILL gave up and is now pretending to Be ur average player
AHahhhaha absolute state of shills

I picked Houchic because it's really strong in the early game.
I just opened this thread though.

Attached: Temtem_2019-06-25_23-45-40.png (710x275, 166K)

Okay shills

prepare to get anally ravaged while waiting for your hold moves

I just wanna talk about the game dude

Attached: jndjndfjdfjndf.jpg (1080x629, 248K)

Yeah I've noticed that, I usually don't have it in my first two slots because Ganki and Saku are so universally strong and then Houchic comes in if I need to sweep some neutrals.

Show me one good designs than isnt from the "pay enough and we put the deviantart fakemon you want" reward like the platypus.
I would rathen keep playing digimon.

>tfw friend system isn't in yet so we can add people for stuff
I guess the game is pretty barebones at the moment so I'm not even sure what you'd really do as a "group", but it'd be fun once stuff opens up more.
I like the platypus.

Attached: narutorun.webm (752x646, 916K)

Maybe because it’s ur stupid dumb game
No way fag ur just YIIKES 2.0
Fuck off

This is personally my favorite so I see it as the best design in the game, though I'm sure there's objectively a better designed tem
also trivia, one of the devs said that this was the first tem they designed

Attached: fomu.webm (960x720, 993K)

I could use the pig to bamboozle and prevent any first turn gangbangs, I probably should go get one.

>better graphics
>following mons
>it's an MMO
>free online
>based around double battles
>all Temtem are in the game (lol)

Jury's still out on whether it will be better than Sword/Shield, but it definitely has more potential.

Played the alpha a bit and liked it. Definitely feels more strategic than pokemon.

>the pig
oh shit yeah everytime i see that fucker i have to pray that it doesn't have it's 50% nuke trait

>better graphics
You can say that about every game right now tho.

also
>on Switch AS WELL AS xbone ps4 and pc
>costs less

Where do you find him wiki says first two areas but can't find one for the life of me

Yeah it's hilarious to have that proc.

run around on the first route and dont stop to gawk at taterus

Seems to show up more commonly as you go further into the first island.

fpbp

I've noticed this too, especially in normie areas like fb and twitter, after how shitty swsh trailer was it's like they collectively snapped.

Ofc they fucking snapped, have you seen how much backlash those poor excuses for games got? Fucking well deserved on their part.

for one, its not pokemon

Suck dick for colleg

and that's a good thing!

I think my biggest complaint about the majority of monster catching games is, that the monsters suck.
They either go for super cute monsters or go for a super cartoony "funny" style (or a mixture of both in TemTems case).
Really striking the balance between, cute, cool and sexy seems to be something next to no game manages to do. And collecting shit monsters makes no fun.
Pokemon has a huge variety of Pokemon (or had) so there's something for everyone in there, but if I had to choose a series, I think Digimon has the best monsters.

How the fuck are people playing it when it isn't even released yet?

Attached: 1561248333113.gif (268x252, 1.43M)

Either Kickstarter backers who bought into Alpha or people who bought it off Discord which is available for the next two weeks to get into Alpha.
$35 dollarydoos.

people backed it for 30$ or more on the kickstarter a year ago and people pre-ordered the game on discord for 35$ yesterday (and today about 2 weeks from now) got access to the alpha (kickstarter backers got a steam version)

Attached: yaw himself.png (841x434, 70K)

How long is the alpha?

I would assume it has competent devs, something game freak doesn't have.
Bloodstained turned out good, who is to say this can't also turn out good?

Alpha doesn't have a time limit, buying into it does. I think Q3 or Q4 2019 it moves into EA or Launches it seemed to be mixed on how they were doing that.

There are plenty of good crowdfunded games but that's not going to stop people memeing about it.

If I pre-order it can I download it to my console of choice when it launches or would I have to buy it again? If it's the latter I'll prolly just wait.

It's the latter per Buying it on Discord now is basically owning it on Discord.

Ok thank you I appreciate it

>4 people pledged 6000 burger bucks
I know one of you guys did this just to insert a waifumon into the game

They said no sexual designs.

then how come this is in the game?

Attached: muh dick.png (449x817, 397K)

Looks like she'd really get your rocks off.

Thats a rock user, you wouldn't fuck a rock with tits would you?

you wouldn't?

Attached: Greg 'Murdercock' Universe.png (576x1296, 567K)

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Attached: 1559590464724.jpg (650x559, 57K)

>60fps
>already runs good
>focus on PvP endgame
>Players in the world
>looks vastly better than Sword and Shield
>Mons dont look half bad, especially compared to newgen pokemon
>Custom house
>160 TemTems planned for release q1 2020
>Slightly different pokemon gameplay but still very similar in a good way
>No RNG like misses or Crits.

New pokemon looks like absolute garbage.

Attached: 42342342.jpg (750x599, 26K)

Because user rather shift about in a diaper full of shit screaming "TORTANIC" instead of accepting that good games come out all the time these days like a reasonable 18+ adult that he's supposed to be.

Any shitposting aside the game does run really smooth which is shocking given how low effort performance is in so many titles nowadays.

>EA
>Discord exclusive alpha
What a retard

Attached: 1535491831051.png (512x443, 108K)

They explained why they did it, tl;dr.
>Steam doesn't let you put your game up for sale in a limited time frame unless you unlist it after which hurts visibility.
>Limited time frame is important to them to test server stability.
>Steam also means reviews open on the alpha game which they didn't want.
>Discord didn't have any of these issues so it was easier for them to do.
>inb4shill
Take it or leave it.

>Star Citizen
>Done

>discord exclusive alpha
now i really feel like akko made this post

>Steam also means reviews open on the alpha game which they didn't want.
dropped. if they don't want consumers to give feedback, then the game is shit.

I doubt you even cared. It'd be pretty easy to see the game get review bombed because it's so similar to Pokemon. Not to mention if it's not something they really want fully open then that's their decision. People get pissy with progress wipes even if they are warned before hand. They aren't dismissing feedback, but this is Yea Forums so who am I kidding.

>allow reviews on your alpha game
>get a ton of negative reviews consisting of "WTF IS THIS BUG?" despite there being a giant label at the start stating that this is an alpha and you should expect bugs and report them
user, art thou of low iq?

It would be cool if they added a nuzlocke feature, a real hard mode for those that want it.

how are they shit?

Attached: temtemgoals.png (680x1419, 982K)

uhhhh, i refuse to believe that your post was genuine

Attached: ctrl v.png (680x1419, 973K)

Double battles allow for more strategy dimwit.

nice hivemind.

Temtem also has different mechanics so it's not 1:1 with Pokemon doubles. Saying Pokemon doubles are bad is different than what Temtem does.

WOW I didn't know it really was a genuine thought

What does temtem do differently? I thought it was just a clone?

No lie, after seeing people playing it today for a few hours, this is the first time I think anything has any potential to challenge pokemon in a small way. Obviously it cannot compete with Pokemon on a big level because 1 is indie, and the other is the most profitable media franchise ever made.

I think this actually has a real market is basically what I mean.

Attached: fdssdg.png (768x432, 389K)

the biggest thing (that i've noticed so far) is the stamina system and hold system

Hold system?

I agree. It's very Marketable in the same way minecraft is aswell

Moves can have synergies and do new effects based on the other partner temtem there. Stuff like Chain Lightning hits 3 targets moving clockwise making position matter as it's always going to hit someone on your team. The entire thing is built around 2v2 or 2v1 because it's also built around co-op in mind. Next update is suppose to introduce co-op which means you can roll with a friend and play the entire game that way.
Some moves aren't available right away or have cooldowns to prevent just bursting things down.
Something equivalent to Psychic/Fire Blast would take a turn (can be swapped in after a turn and it'll be available) to be ready to use.

okay so some moves cant be used until a number of turns have past in the battle, after using them they cant be used again until those same amount of turns have past and each hold move charges independently
and the stamina system oh wait hold on its all explained kickstarter.com/projects/cremagames/temtem-massively-multiplayer-creature-collection-a/posts/2320002 here

Attached: Lightning.png (1661x445, 128K)

Temtem can evolve mid battle can confirm

It's a fun move and I want to try it on a temtem that heals when it takes electric damage.
Hit 2 targets and heal itself seems strong.

they also learn moves mid battle, so my tateru with no attacking moves suddenly became useful halfway though a fight

Bloodstained is good.
I know, not good track record, but you know..

I don't know if I like their approach to evolving being based on levels since caught instead of a fixed level. Seems like it'll always push people into breeding or going to the lowest level zone available for something.

Why don't they do a closed Alpha then?

Pokémon could do that as well, just so you know. It's not something new, but good to know nonetheless.

>pokemon like game
>cant be discussed on /vp/
also mods started to delete dexit-like threads. Seems like mods are fags once again

This is a closed alpha. That's the point, Steam doesn't let you do a closed alpha/beta you just get thrown straight into Early Access.
It's a limited time opt in because they want to push the servers more in a manageable way.

thats what it was supposed to be
an alpha that was closed to only the people who pledged 30$ or more on their limited time kickstarter
but due to popular demand they started working on a way to get more people into the alpha and heres where we are now
i found out about temtem a couple months ago and had been waiting until yesterday to play

yeah it sucks and i wish it were /mon/ but the fact of the matter is that 'pokemon-like' isn't 'pokemon'

Seeing as you guys have obviously played both pokemon and temtem, are they good additions? It sounds like a way to stop statboosting and sweeping which could be a welcome change.

At some point I imagine a /vg/ general appears but I don't think there's enough to talk about quite yet, plus having a general has its own issues.
>tfw you just want a comfy place to discuss a game
>attentionwhores have to ruin it

It's more difficult for sure, it's really easy to get bodied by both enemies just focusing something down. It also favors swapping more and planning ahead in terms of position which I think is interesting and something Pokemon doesn't really have.
I'm not really a crazy in-depth expert on Pokemon but Temtem seems more interesting as far as battles go and it doesn't devolve into completely slaughtering everything you come up against turn one, at least not yet in my playthrough.

not only that but
>general for an mmo
it all goes to shit

yeah, i'm enjoying stamina over PP (which usually never comes into play anyway) as well as hold moves making battles take a more tactical turn and synergies add an extra layer to teambuilding
hoping they improve upon the 'rest' action (which lets you not attack but regain a large amount of stamina) to turn it into a more defensive option

oh yeah, because we need all those furfag enabling threads about Lucario porn and mewtwo erotica. Those are /vp/, but videogames? nah

is there a list of all currently aviable monsters somewhere? also how do i play it?

You can still statboost and sweep most stat boosting moves can be used on either the individual temtem or the partner. It just takes a bit more planning to do so. Also statboost and debuff don't seem to effect a whole lot desu not nearly as much as in pokemon where 2.5x can wreck pretty much any thing thrown at a good pokemon

There's a wiki but it's kind of incomplete, if someone else knows a better resource that'd be cool. As of now they are planning for ~161 monsters for launch with more added as updates come.
Right now you'd have to buy it off the Discord store (have to join the temtem discord to see it) for $35 to play now.

another change, stat-changes persist even after switching out

I sure not most pokemon fans aren't that but I can definitely sure that the mods at /vp/ ree-ing whatever there's any mention of digimon/yokai/smt on the board despite there isn't a rule or regulation regarding to discuss other mon series.

The wiki but I had more fun just finding them and being surprised when one I like showed up. The designs arent bad there is certainly pokemon that are sooooo much worse

temtem.gamepedia.com/Temtem_Species
this is your best bet for finding all the known tems

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmoonster rancher 2 online when okay never thanks okay I go home now I play pokemandigimonshinmegamimon and maybe one day monster rancher 2 online become reality and maybe one day I become happy

Thanks guys I'll give it a go you got a link it's not available on steam

some of them look like self-insert fursonas

You have to join their Discord and it shows up as Pre-Order Store.
discord.gg/PPnbvt

>>indie
>strike one

Attached: anon i.png (394x410, 223K)

JFC at least try to be discreet about the shilling this is absurd

Okay dad.

Eat a dick faggot I don't know everything about the game, just was saying what I wanted in a clone

Attached: 1560308999795.jpg (750x744, 529K)

What does the Stamina stat do? The rest is the same as your usual Pokémon game, but I have no clue on this one.

I can't believe some random indie guys managed to completely btfo pokemon, really shows how little effort is put into pokemon

Stamina is this games version of PP.
More stamina = More things you can do before you need to rest or run the risk of overexerting yourself and dealing damage to yourself.

>Use Move
>Move drains X amount of Stamina
>If X amount of Stamina is more than your current amount of Stamina you lose health (pretty sure the formula is just 2x the amount of Stamina you go over)
>Small amount of Stamina is regained every turn
>Large amount of Stamina can be regained by using 'Rest' and opting out of attacking

Thanks pal!

Okay but are there any TemTemgirls to jack it off to? You think I'm some retard that plays pokemon for the gameplay or something?

What the other anons Said but my injection is that it's a very welcome addition easily one of the best changes that pokemon should of done a million years ago struggle litterally never comes into play, this is an actual threat that you have to keep an eye on as it takes like 25% health for not paying attention

Attached: sneedvangelion.jpg (1000x1000, 662K)

You can customize your character fully. From what I've seen npcs are meh and I haven't run into any waifumons

>Judging by how popular PokeMMO
Being an MMO itself isn't bad, but you picked a terrible example. PokeMMO is a garbage game and the only reason people play it is for the pokemon. The game itself is massive trash.

so guys, are there any monster collection games worth it? everybody seems to have given up competing with pkmn around the ps1 era
theres yokai watch i guess? any good?

Monster hunter stories and new Digimon games are great. I hear good things about Dragon Quest (joker? Monster? Something like that) and shin megami tensei but I've never bonded with the characters so they don't resonate with me like MH or digimon

YW is good it really is but definitely, at least the 3ds ones, are aimed at children. If you're into Japanese lore then youll like them

i like smt, though all in all i wouldnt really count them as as monster collectors.
heard good things about these DQs as well, i think they didnt all come to the west though? whats the best one?

Monster collection games are all great, pick your poison. Pokemon is still king tho when it comes to PVP battles and it might always be. GF never has realized that tho and still thinks people play pokemon to start a game, pick a starter and fight gyms for the millionth time

>they made more than 500k out of shitty fakemons
>they needed 70k just to release the game on PC
wew

I swear none of the Kickstarter budgets sound sensible and so many of them are like 200%+ funded.

They did come to the west but only on the ds they got remakes but stayed in Japan
Both DQ joker 1 and 2 are good doesn't matter which one you start with both are good.

oh and thanks for naming stories, i wasnt aware of its gameplay

i actually liked the singleplayer aspect of these games haha. though with sumo and now s-s, they really lost, gonna have to say it, soul

Indie isn't the problem, it's "Indie devs who are literal whos with no actually trustworthy development track record for original and interesting titles"
Their one good game is Immortal Redneck and that's still only okay at best.

MH stories is on phones too if you didn't have a 3ds you can get the apk and play on your phone.

looks good but if its not f2p its going to fail

Insightful post, this.

>every game has to free
>wow wtf why are lootboxes and shit everywhere
Fuck off.

this

He's not saying it should be, it's just the way the market is. It's the sad truth. You really think dauntless would be successful if it wasn't f2p?

>jumping to conclusions
im just saying nobody is going to pay for fake pokemon when they can just pay for real pokemon. and if you think f2p is a direct link to lootboxes youre retarded

Dauntless has a built in way to get money via the Hunt Pass and Cosmetic Shop.
You really want to see what happens to a F2P collecting game? Outside of Cosmetics what can they really sell and nickle and dime?
Not every single game needs to be F2P and if their price point is $35-40 that's already cheaper than a standard game.
Then how the fuck is it going to make money? Replace lootbox with just "obnoxious monetization" and point out where I'm wrong.

>king of PVP battles

Its literally been trash since megas and the post-game PvE has gotten more reduced every new game.

Dauntless would be successfully sold if it wasnt still in EA, ran like shit for so long, bought by epic, and monster hunter world didnt exist.

im unironically getting this over fucking sword and shield because of how lazy and shit gamefreak truly has been.

You keep forgetting this game is also on PC and runs at 60fps and its focus is literally PvP endgame, AND you can see other players, talk, trade, battle, and have any of the monsters follow you.

Gamefreak have been so fucking cancer since after BW2 and im shocked BW2 was as good as it was.

Fuck you shitter, megas are kino they made shit pokemon good and let you have ability change mid fight for extra strategy.

Pokemon is one of the rare cases where being an MMO would vastly improve the game
>Pokemon are held on the server so people can't produce hacked ones
>Legendaries are actually one of a kind or very rare and thus extremely valuable
>Battling other people obviously

I don't get what's not to like here.

>Hates Megas

Opinion completely disregarded Megas were one of the only good things that GF added in a long time.

i can thing of many ways to monetize a pokemon style mmo off the top of my head:
>charge for mon specific cosmetics
>limit amount of mons you can have in your possession and charge to expand the amount
>add a limit/grind to catching new mons with small microtransactions to bypass
obviously these are annoying to some but most people can enjoy a f2p game with this stuff, just look at how successful warframe is

you are in the minority, just know that. people want brands they recognize and gamefreak clearly hasnt fucked up enough because theyre stilling turning out billions every year

They mentioned Mythic Temtem as something provided via a quest with their own area going by So I think if we do get legendaries they won't be super limited just something with extra work to get.
However the PvP system is going to have built in pick/ban so I imagine anything too overpowered will never actually get seen in competitive.

>mid fight for extra strategy

Yeah man, mega groudon/salamance/gengar/kengeskan have SO much strategy behind them. You also almost never fucking wait to mega evolve them either, only in a few cases.

>megas were one of the only good things
>regurally banned in actual competitive play that matters

Bw2 didn't have omiwari or whatever as the director how good a Pokémon game is directly relates to whose the lead.

>>limit amount of mons you can have in your possession and charge to expand the amount
>>add a limit/grind to catching new mons with small microtransactions to bypass

>I'm okay with adding features as annoying as this instead of just paying upfront.
You are everything wrong with video games.

>regurally banned in actual competitive play that matters
Only the stupidly overpowered ones. Most megas are legal and just make mediocre pokemon actually usable.

Listen, I absolutely do not think in any shape or form TenTen can "compete" with Pokemon, its not possible.

What I think it does have is an actual market thats big enough for it to be a success and compete with the idea of what pokemon is, if that makes sense.

You are right but people will still shitpost.
It's not like only Pokemon can exist and the fact Temtem is primarily on PC puts it in a different spot than Pokemon off the bat.
If I don't intend to buy a switch (which I don't) then Temtem is perfect to scratch that itch for me.

nigger, i acknowledged its a bad addition so get your panties out of a knot. what im saying is that with these additions and f2p as the model the game will be more successful than it would be if you had to pay up front. the numbers back me up. the majority of the most popular games, especially mmos, are f2p

Wow made UU pokemon good, mega legendaries were a mistake but everything else is completely fine. Powerful pokemon exist and megas made sure there was a limit to one per team.

Listen, I like the idea of making shitmons better, but at actual competitive pvp, teams are very similar and you constantly see the same group of like 30 mons with a few outliers sometimes. Megas are great in PvE, but they are very cut and dry on whats good and what isnt in PvP.

see the point above

Attached: lol.jpg (619x825, 46K)

pokemon fans on pc wont buy temtem, they will emulate pokemon for free. now if temtem was free then thats a different story

Acting as if it needs to be more annoying to facilitate F2P is being a cunt.
"Gee I like this game but if it was more obnoxious and wound up costing more money in the longrun I think it'd be even better."

For every 1 banned mega there is 12 more megas that made a worthless pokemon usable.

>emulating switch

Okay champ, doubt it will be ready in time for release.

It's only on discord for some reason right now

Because

Where can I get the roms for pokemmo?

are you going to pretend that model isnt successful in the current year? youre worked up about me stating facts

>some reason
kickstarter.com/projects/cremagames/temtem-massively-multiplayer-creature-collection-a/posts/2529949
read this

It has every monster of the game in the game

pc lards don't buy games and console chads have better alternatives than temtem.

Being successful doesn't mean it's required. With crowdfunding and upfront purchasing and who knows future content releases that cost money like standard MMO expansions they will probably do fine.
Sure they could be "more successful" but if comes at the cost of the quality of the game itself who would actually want that?

yeah, too bad at ACTUAL ranked PvP not with shitters, none of that matters like at all.

These are the 2018 VGC grandmaster teams.

pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/worlds/2018/vgc-masters/

This is all I fucking see when playing ranked. Its a mix up of the exact small group of like 30-50 mons while the other HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS are ignored.

fans will replay old games over and over, even if switch emulation never happens fans will rather play emerald rom hacks for free than pay for temtem up front

this company wants to turn a profit. im not saying they have to add alternate monetization or go f2p but i am saying that these changes are a much more secure path to success in the current market

looks shit. Just play Digimon Cyber Slut or Cyber Slut: Hackerman's Side Story

At the cost of making the game actively worse, which is what you are advocating for.

Not the user you're arguing with but just wanted to let you know you are correct.

This was never an argument about being correct, but about why would you want a game to do that.

im not advocating anything im telling you what has been demonstrably shown to turn a profit and keep companies afloat time and again, and im noticing that temtem isnt doing it so i doubt that they will succeed

The fuck is with this thread? The game isnt even out.

You should reread his posts amiigo

Alpha launch and hoes mad

Paid for part of it is out

Who would sit and think "You know it'd be great if this was game was free with annoying features instead of an upfront cost just so it'd make more money."
I'd rather pay upfront to avoid that nonsense and I'm apparently not the only one. I really doubt the game is going to financially flop so hard because they are going against what are becoming publicly criticized market trends.

lots of new players because they let more people buy into the alpha

the art style suffers what most pokemon ripoffs have: lack of uniqueness. theyre designed well from a technical standpoint but not a visual one. go look at auto chess' heroes, they look like shit and ive completely forgotten them. then go look at LoL or dota1 and youll see a huge difference

>moving it to Yea Forums
welp, there goes the thread

Attached: 1453604608932.jpg (413x449, 50K)

im saying the game might not live very long on its current model dumbass, how many times have i said im not advocating for microtransactions already? can you not read?

Yeah sure you could net 100k people that see the game and decide to drop 40 bucks yeah sure. But free gives the game such a bigger net to cast with across every platform available this is a huge drop. Now you already have the 100k that were willing to drop money on the game and the millions unsure but are willing to expend the download space and give it a shot.

It's a more secure business model, as adding to the game is a cheaper option then making a new one and hoping people liked it enough to buy the second one too.

Hes not reading bro it's the problem.

How are you not advocating for it? You are saying to be successful and thus have a longer lifespan the game should've adopted those practices. So you are just pointing that out for what purpose exactly?

im watching a stream right now and it looks pretty good at 1080p 60fps and the animations are smooth.

Free also means you have to add in some way to earn money, which again would probably make more your game more successful at the cost of the quality of the game.

honestly this thread has been going pretty good and i never thought it'd last

You act like putting in a money making option impacts performance and will make the game not be quality. It's on the devs if it's quality or not. I've seen plenty of games that you pay upfront and then not have quality in the slightest. The F2p =\= garbage quality

because its true, see lol dota csgo and fortnite for prime examples. csgo specifically used to be a pay up front game and now its more successful than ever becauss its f2p. fortnites free br mode is the reason its original pay to play mode didnt end up costing epic a loss. the numbers dont lie whether you like it or not and temtem is no exception

TF2 blows your entire out of the water, that game has quality and a way of making money and it's free to play.

You know, I might buy this game when it comes out. I wonder just how good it will be. Pokemon is getting stupid anyway.

but thats literally not my point at all, im talking about the character design. theres nothing unique about it. and the names sound terrible. watch how easy it is to generate an actually good name
take the image in
ill take houchic and rename it to telerupt or something like telestasis, which actually matches its pose. and using the word mental is fucking idiotic, call them espers or something.

Quality as in gameplay quality, if you start adding f2p restrictions that wind up costing higher than the expected cost to remove then is that really better? Developer focus is going to be on things that make a buck over anything else and having obnoxious cosmetics or restrictions on gameplay are the easiest way to do that.
Again just because a model is successful doesn't mean it's required and Dota 2/CS:GO/TF2 have the backing of Valve and don't really correlate to what an indie dev would need to do to keep things running if they are going for maximum profit.
TF2 has the backing of Valve and it's Steambank not to mention the cosmetics got progressively worse over time. Not to mention that game is not really their focus in anyway at this point and updates are few and far between because its been out for ages and the game started as being a paid game anyway.

Never thought I'd see the day where Yea Forums was wishing we had more games with obnoxious monetization models just so they can make more money.

This game makes me roll my eyes like all the character models do

maximum profit is f2p, especially for unknowns like crema passing off something eerily similar to an already successful and beloved franchise like pokemon.

So you want a worse game just so it can get maximum profit?

>"f2p games turn more of a profit than pay to play, its a verifiable fact"
>"omg you must be advocating for shitty gameplay just to make a buck! faith in humanity lost rip"
if i told you that serial killers exist would you accuse me of advocating for murder?

I can kinda agree, but that also seems super fucking hard, even for major companies. Everyone wants a great set of good looking and original characters but thats rare all over, hell even gamefreak has a fuckload of boring shit pokemon, along with some gold top tier boys.

Yeah and the reason F2P games make tons of money is because of their monetization systems and how it affects the game itself. The best F2P models are the ones that nickel and dime everything so people pay up for it.
I would call that a worse game and I would rather pay upfront then see how creative a company can get in toeing the line between what's P2W and what isn't, or having 99% of cosmetic unlocks be behind a paywall.
Gacha is super successful, that doesn't mean I want more gacha games to exist.

okay youre just retarded and dont understand the words im saying so ill leave you with this, whether you want a game to succeed on pay to play doesnt matter in an industry where f2p is the actual surefire path to success. that doesnt mean its a good thing, it means its whats actually happening and your altruism is nothing in the face of that

What you are saying is games should strive to strictly be profitable even if it's a worse experience overall.
So go fuck yourself. If a company doesn't want to go that route then they should be supported.
I'm sure all the games you play are strictly the ones that generate the most revenue.

whole lotta projection right here, calm your twisted asshole dumbfuck and learn english

You tried man, good job, youve got a lot a patience

>the autist is STILL going on as if the guy hes arguing with is saying F2P is good, when hes stated multiple times that its very profitable and thats it.

Like dude, how fucking dumb are you, no ones saying F2P is GOOD, but it does make MONEY easier than PAY TO PLAY.

Here let me put in it in retardese for you.

F2P NOT ALWAYS GOODBUT MAKE GOOD MONEY SAFER THAN PAY GAME.

Attached: WaldenFarmsPeanutButter.jpg (350x350, 52K)

SAY THAT TO MY FACE MOTHERFUCKER

>Games should make money over being good
This is your argument, you want a game to be F2P and have all the hooks associated with that instead of it just being an upfront cost.
Why even bring it up?

it boils down to not paying for an artist. literally anyone can pump out these designs, but theres no passion / inspiration for them, just conflicting design elements (which nu pokemon suffers from actually). Combine that with the generic art style (gamefreak at least is still unique in this regard) and you end up with shit. id give away my design secrets but nah, doing the name thing was enough

With no way to play before buying it I'm on the fence
does this game do anything better about battling other than forcing everything into a double battle?
Are there any new mechanics that take advantage of the doubles only aspect? Are there new mechanics in general?

nobody said they want the game to be F2P, the guy just said the game is much more likely to fail if it isnt and hes right

HE STILL ISNT GETTING, HE THINKS WE THINK F2P IS GOOD FOR A GAME. HE CANT EVEN HANDLE THE RETARDESE.

>gamefreak is unique
Not since 3D imo. 2D absolutely they are. They are paying an artist, probably one of the higher paid devs, I think either maybe you ARE actually good and dont realize how fucking hard being original and unique is, or dont realize that maybe you arent as original or unique as you are. I see like maybe 80% unoriginal uninspired shit all the time all over, and like 20% original. From both big and small companies.

Yes.
Synergies make certain moves benefit from having a specific type partner by adding bonus effects.
More multiplayer target abilities that can take positioning into account, more group buffs and generally just taking into account having two things in play versus one.
Stamina works in place of PP and abilities can require a turn before using and having a turn cooldown as a way to break up combat and avoid the "my turn 1 sweeps the team".

From what I've read, some moves have special properties that are gained if you're ally is a certain typing. There may also be Traits/Abilities that benefit from having an ally with a different typing.

yes.

First, no RNG, cant miss, cant crit.
PP is now Stamina, big boy moves can cost a lot of stamina, sometimes more than half at low levels, when you lose stamina or use a move OVER your amount of stamina, you hurt yourself.

You can rest and hold between turns but I forget the mechanics. Evolving and level ups mid battle.

Traits(abilities) are a bit more random, some are actually negatives with possible combos(none of the top of my head) on the exact same mons.

So what's the entire point of bringing up "this game would be more successful if it was F2P." if it wasn't something you were advocating and agree isn't good? Just stating it's going to fail unless it does something you don't agree with anyway?

Ganki has Botanaphobia which makes it take 100% damage from nature moves as a drawback to it being absurdly strong it seems. The other trait it can get is also a net negative unless there's some later combo that comes along I'm not seeing.

To make the argument that a F2P model could make the game more successful, but at the possibility of being a detriment of the game.

F2P=Safer money making, Riskier game

P2P=Riskier money, Safer game.

The only point any of us are arguing is that P2P isnt always the best in terms of MONEY making in a fucking BUSINESS. Why is this so fucking hard to understand.

>"waaaaaahhhhh why are you stating facts"
just stop being a moron dude, do you also get mad when people say candy is bad for you?

Kickstarter doesn't work because communism never works.

Because who cares about the maximum profitability of a game if it results in a worse game?

what? No, you read that wrong I think, isnt it that if he is hit by one his damage itself goes up by 100%?

I'm not disputing that F2P makes more money, the point is who cares? Like I said earlier gacha games make a shitload of money, but that doesn't mean I play them nor am I expecting every game to be a gacha game.

Okay, I wasnt even the guy, but I cant fucking take you anymore, WE ARENT ARGUING THAT ITS BETTER FOR THE GAME. WE ARE SAYING ITS GENERALLY A LOT SAFER AND MORE PROFITABLE, YA KNOW? THE FUCKING GOAL OF ANY BUSINESS.

Holy FUCK you are truly retarded. This is my last (you) for you, heres a picture of David Lunch.

Attached: lunch.png (640x443, 348K)

the company that makes the game cares how much money it makes

Nah it's a negative trait, it basically gives them a weakness they don't normally have.

I hope it succeeds, watched a lot of streamers today on this, its doing a lot of things pokemon fucks up with. Like, no pokemon fan should want this to fail, obviously its never ever EVER gonna make a dent into pokemon, but holy fuck, even the smallest competition will be good for how fucking lazy gamefreak is.

>WE ARE SAYING ITS GENERALLY A LOT SAFER AND MORE PROFITABLE, YA KNOW? THE FUCKING GOAL OF ANY BUSINESS.
and it makes a worse game.

David Lunch lol

there are plenty of f2p games that are fun and successful, if you cant do f2p without fucking up the game youre just an incompetent dev

Is that 20$ up front or monthly. If it's monthly at all they're on crack lol

35$ upfront atm
not sure where he got 20 from

If David Lunch took off his clothes he'd be Naked Lunch

If your examples are gonna be Valve's f2p games then that's not a realistic standard to set given their financial backing.
$20 backer pledge got you the game but not alpha access, $30 pledge got you the game + alpha access. $35 now and I assume the game will retail at $35-40 given all that.

ill take the compliment. i think in part the design process is deeper that most people think. an easy trap is the take 2 things and blend them together. almost never works for obvious reasons.

>20$ back pledge got you the game but not the alpha
actually they've been letting anyone who got that package switch from their platform of choice to discord and in exchange for that they'd also get access to the alpha as well as the full game

I hate the monster designs so much. And the world design too.

I didn't know that, neat.

>given their financial backing
doesnt matter how much financial backing they have, if the game is good and free it will be successful. take a look at hirez studios or warframe. you can subjectively argue these games suck but they clearly have a large follwing and certainly pull in the cash despite their studios being failing or even near bankruptcy at some point

>hirez
>after what happened to tribes
Warframe is subjective and not my cup of tea but you can argue a lot of the frustrations from Warframe stem from the fact it's F2P and it needs to push people into the ways it makes money.
There is no doubt that F2P makes more money, there's no doubt having certain monetization features also generate a lot of money. There's also no reason every game needs to do that and I'd applaud the devs that don't do that. This whole back and forth has been entirely useless because I'm not saying F2P doesn't make money I'm saying why would you want more of these types of games out there when there are obvious downsides to that model.
Someone like Valve can get away with going light on the obnoxious features because they have a large revenue stream as a company. It's like Amazon being able to cut prices because they know they'll get their money regardless.
A lot of recent acclaimed indie and kickstarter games were P2P and had none of these features put in and did fine, they didn't create billions of dollars but they did well enough and had a positive general opinion.

Is there breeding in Temtem?
SwSh is going to fuck my passion over and it would be nice to have it back.

Yes but not currently in-game.
The next update is focusing on social features (friends list, clubs which are like guilds, housing stuff.) I don't know what else is fully entailed in it just those are some of the major points.

name these p2p indie kickstarter games. how many of them are mmos with no offline content? how many of them are in direct competition with the most successful multimedia franchise on earth?
hat in time being p2p is not the same as temtem being p2p thats for sure

Why would you play a game for waifus when you can just fap to the porn?

I was referring to stuff like Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Bloodstained, Hat in Time, etc.
Obviously not MMOs but lets be real the maintained cost of MMO servers is nowhere near what it used to be and is not some crazy factor that requires a ton of financial backing.
The issue would be their content updates and frequency along with quality of them. I haven't seen anything about them in terms of pricing. I don't assume they'll be free given the model of the game but that's fine.
I've always really wanted to see a Pokemon-esque MMO where they can just keep adding content to a base game instead of reinventing the wheel every year and Temtem is the best shot of seeing that, and I'm happy they didn't go the route of nickel and diming everything about it to try and make the most money out of it.
How many F2P MMOs are there without obnoxious models versus the amount with obnoxious models?

>take it upon yourself to "do Pokemon right"
>ape the most ancient and limited aspect of Pokemon, its battle system
Why? Ever since I was a little kid I always imagined that the battle system was just due to the hardware limitations, and that someday they would have an action system more like the show.

so the games you were comparing an mmo with were all offline single player campaigns? i mean i guess they have coop but its still not a valid comparison. you need to compare mmos to mmos and the fact is only wow has seen success with p2p in recent years. temtem might go for a while on that model but its not going to be the next wow and likely itll keel over and die within 1 or 2 years. maybe it wont, maybe itll be a sweeping phenomenon like wow is but i doubt it

lots of people like turn based combat

The word "MMO" has basically lost all meaning nowadays because being online is no longer a unique or defining feature.
It's just easier to say than "Shared Online Multiplayer Monster Collecting Game".
It's funny you mention WoW because that game completely skewed what is required to sustain a game and plenty of MMOs pre-WoW had populations in the tens of thousands and were considered successful. WoW was a phenomenon nobody should expect to copy and you don't NEED millions of players to sustain a game.

Ni No Kuni 1 had a more action system and it didn't feel very good.
There's nothing wrong with turn based combat and action combat does not inherently make it better than turn based.

the word choice isnt what matters, what matters is those games you mentioned are not anywhere near similar to temtem and you shouldnt have brought them up for comparison. and it doesnt matter how many people a game needs to stay alive, it matters how much profit it makes. if temtem isnt turning enough profit the devs are going to have to either cut it off or make it start earning a profit

Based retard

I think it copies Pokemon TOO much, and lacks originality. Like, there’s a ton of concepts in Pokemon that could be recontextualized and expanded upon, that would give it more of an identity.

Like, the shitty cards being a copy of Pokeballs is lame and uninspired. You gotta think of what you’re doing, summoning and catching a monster, and thinking up a new original, and inspired idea that has the same essence. Doubly so if you take the RNG out of monster catching, and turn it into a quick, skill-based trial.

The combat is another one. I guess it’s good they went for double battles, but the game would have had more of an identity if it took the time to craft its own original TBBS.

The world is the nail in the coffin for me tho. The tropical aesthetic doesn’t do it for me, and the segmented island suck. The best part of Pokemon was the openess to feel like you were exploring some giant world with your Pokemon. Combine that with the lackluster designs, and it’s a no for me.

Attached: 3BEB0DAC-43A2-4F89-8317-C78D4C5B621A.png (786x359, 410K)

pokemon fan here, temtem has real online play which pokemon has never had, i'd rather play temtem at this point

He’s right though. The combat system is the ONE thing they should have innovated on.

I feel like they did, it's still turn based but the flow feels different enough that I find it more enjoyable than pokemon.

You sound more like a kickstarter backer to me.

you sound like a nintendo employee to me, faggot

youre in the minority, also not sure what you mean by "real" online play but there are plenty of pokemon fan games with online features

It’s still literally Pokemon’s shitty battle system but with extra polish. Even down to having it all be a complex version of RPS with move and monster typings.

I wish.

Sword and Shield look like ass as well though, so take that as you will.

>fan games

???
how can you even compare shit like that, it's not official and mostly broken and terrible

real online means actually being in the same map in real time with other players, with chat and grouping up and etc.

>It’s still literally Pokemon’s shitty battle system but with extra polish. Even down to having it all be a complex version of RPS with move and monster typings.
That didn't need to be reinvented, it just needed some polish.
Sorry but I actually like turn based combat.

temtem is a pokemon fan game by all means, and there are many good fan games out there so try not to generalize. and yeah lots of people have done that real time shared map stuff

>having a budget and a development team makes you a fan game

>temtem is a pokemon fan game by all means
stopped reading there

Attached: yikes.png (167x217, 74K)

try to take that brand loyalty stick out of your ass and try something new for once, pokemon hasn't been good for like 4 generations and fan games are just pathetic fanfiction wanking.

>WTF why isn't every game AKSHUN
Alright FPSbabby, we get it you don't like turn based, you are in the minority here

something i've noticed: it's much better to play on controller than it is with keyboard, though its just because i cant rebind the movement keys from wasd

some fan games had a budget and dev team as well, crema isnt special

im just stating facts. i like temtem but go ahead and assume whatevers convenient for the narrative youd like to believe

Yea, and there are a million and one ways to make turn based battle systems that are more engaging and more fun than Pokemon from card-based battle systems and ATB at the more radical end of the spectrum, to just focusing it more on party structure and team synergy with monsters taking on distinctive roles al la FF/DQ, to make it more positional-based, and adding a grid on the floor that monsters can move along.

You could do SO much more, and still keep it TBS. Pokemon’s battle system is literally mind-numbingly brainless, unless you go full autism with it, and then it’s just not fun anymore.

Add a little bit more depth to the thing ffs. Don’t just copy what’s popular without innovating.

Temtem is to Pokemon, what Icons was to Smash. Even down to the poor art style.

Not him, but considering how blatantly it rips off from Pokemon, it might as well be.

I'm one of the 5 people on the planet that doesn't like the HoMM3 grid or the fact everyone tries to copy it.
I played Disciples 2 like a real man and loved it.
I think the Pokemon system is fine it just gets old because of how strong your first turn is with type effectiveness. Temtem still mixes it up enough for me to think it's interesting and there is still synergy and positioning just not to the effect of having an entire grid.
Sometimes you don't need to reinvent the wheel just tweak it.

God help me there are so many trainer battles in this tower area.

>Sometimes you don't need to reinvent the wheel just tweak it.
You do if you wanna make an original IP. Pokemon already exists. There’s no reason to play TemTem over it’s. It’s just a shittier version of what’s there.
>but Pokemon is bad now
Yeah, but the best games are still out there, as are romhacks and fangames. Why would I play Pokemon with no level design and shittier monster design when there are better options out there?

This is why indy Devs need to INNOVATE, not just copy popular Nintendo IP but catered to their own autism. It’s Icons 2.0.

>Listen, I like the idea of making shitmons better, but at actual competitive pvp, teams are very similar and you constantly see the same group of like 30 mons with a few outliers sometimes. Megas are great in PvE, but they are very cut and dry on whats good and what isnt in PvP.
Kek you're a moron the vast majority of megas are OU or uber

because there are so many pokemon mmos out there.
I am playing the game right now and what it does different is an interesting enough take on the existing formula and feels more in depth than what Pokemon does.

then there's no reason to play pokemon since there's better turn based games, and even better turn based monster collecting games.

Oh I had no idea that was the official league by the company? Oh wait, they arent.

Of course not because nobody plays by the official rules just like nobody worth a damn plays smash with FS meters and items like Nintendo intended and has at their invitationals.

You sound like a paid shill.

You sound like a rabid fanboy.
>companies don't innovate enough
>I'd rather play romhacks than try anything new

Updated my wishlist.
Isn't the point of these indies exactly to offer Pokemon for those who don't buy Nintendo?

i mean, so do you bro.

Temtem is to Pokemon like Toukiden is to Monster Hunter for me.
Same core concept approached slightly differently with some different ideas thrown in the mix. Only difference is Temtem might get consistent updates whereas Pokemon would require a new game which is an interesting prospect to me. I also don't have to buy a Switch which is nice.

>focus on PvP endgame
aaaaaand its fucking dead

and thats where the bad game design comes into play. Even pokemon in other ladders like 85-90% of all other pokemon are useless.

How? What has had good PvE endgame in pokemon since fucking BW2? Its fucking GARBAGE now and a main reason I wont give gamefreak a dime for S/S because ultra moon/sun were shit with just battle tree.

dont forget 60fps and it looks and runs better than pokemon(looks as enviroments, not mons)

many romhacks innovate or reinvent things about the formula

>How?
Once a popular person dictates a meta all the fun will be sapped out of it. This ALWAYS HAPPENS. And no, this game will not be immune to it. It will kill the game for 99% of people and will only leave behind try hard meta fags who rage quit the second their turn doesn't go first. This isn't a pokemon thing, this isn't a temtem thing. It's a PvP thing and has been like this since forever.

The monster designs aren't that good, they're too cartoony and cutesy.
The world is also bad in how it's just copied the gen 1-6 design and looks like it's gridbased when it's not. Pokemon abandoned that with SM
The only benefit to it being an MMO is that people can't just hack in perfect mons, other than that it's a shitty idea, especially with how the world is designed like I previously mentioned.
Making the game PvP focused is also garbage because esports ruins every game it touches, focusing more on good PvE content would be infinitely better

Attached: 1560843557016.jpg (1600x1186, 678K)

>yooka-laylee
But that's a great game

They did say endgame PvE is also a focus, it's not strictly a PvP game.

I care more about the mons than the background

And I'll be over here shitting on people with unconventional strategies that they're too braindead to think of, like usual.

>Discord store
I had no idea this shit even existed lmao. How tied is it to the Discord software? Will I have to keep Discord always running in the background, and/or will it be linked to the account I make for Discord?

Attached: 116444458.jpg (474x463, 30K)

just wait for steam desu
buying shit on discord doesn't seem like a worthwhile risk

This is absolute bullshit
t. someone who participated in closed betas on Steam

Chippy and Clatter were both games that got fully realized after being in closed beta/alpha, Flotel is still in alpha and Tub got canned
All of which are Facepunch games
there have been tons of other closed betas on steam, but I never participated in those ones.

Attached: file.png (270x99, 9K)

>Pigepic's Fainted Curse
YOU SON OF A BITCH I JUST USED BALM FUCK YOU

When is it coming to steam though?

steam page says 2019 so i dunno

Were those games listed in the store at the time? From what the devs said (which could totally be a lie) you have to unlist your game which they did not want to do. It sounded like their only option on Steam was to either push it into Early Access or unlist the game and offer it privately which doesn't help visibility anyway.

Where are the ass pictures of Monroe? I was promised ass.

Fuck this entire tower.

Attached: Temtem_2019-06-26_16-45-50.jpg (2560x1080, 212K)

But muh exclusive title
Though I just read that buying on Discord now locks you to Discord forever so yeah nah fuck off with that, gonna wait and see.

you look like shit

>A game I actually want to play in EA
>It's discord only
Guess I'll wait for Digimon Survive then

Attached: 1559730324947.png (516x680, 306K)

No those specific ones were not, but you can still have the games listed on the store while the game is not available for sale. All they had to do is give a game code for the people who backed.
There are also games which have once been for sale, and now removed to various reasons, still on the store
a few examples
store.steampowered.com/app/211420/DARK_SOULS_Prepare_To_Die_Edition/
store.steampowered.com/app/330830/Tales_from_the_Borderlands/?curator_clanid=21416

I've also participated in closed alphas and no, the store page was always still up (with no buying obviously).
I don't think there's any facility for payments, though. The alpha I participated in (Sunless Skies) was given out for free. I'm sure it can't be that difficult to set up a payment system in exchange for alpha keys, though; maybe they just didn't want to deal with any possible legal hassle?

But yeah, otherwise it's bullshit. Literally set up a paypal checkout, spend a day making an automated bot that will accept incoming transactions and mail out an alpha key in exchange, when you're done just close down the paypal checkout, boom paid closed alpha in Steam without touching the store page or anything.

That's what they've done up to this point.
The issue came in that they had a demand to let people buy into the game as is and they wanted more players testing the game as well as stressing the servers.
Steam wouldn't give them the option to open the game for sale for a limited time. Discord let them put a storefront up for two weeks then it goes away.

*drips a lil bit of piss*

Attached: licks the piss off the ground.png (1005x586, 816K)

its coming to steam EA in 2019, this is the alpha

>Steam wouldn't give them the option to open the game for sale for a limited time.
Did you even read my post? There's absolutely no reason not to use any other storefront to sell the keys.
Sure, people will have to pay outside steam, but
a) if they were gonna scam people, they'd have taken the half a million kickstarter money and ran, not kept going for an elaborate scam before grabbing maybe a few dozen thousand worth of alpha orders;
b) they're already asking people to pay outside steam right now
This way people would at least have the game on Steam. As is, not only do you pay with paypal BUT you also get the game on some bumfuck whatever store nobody uses, AND you never get a Steam version later - you're stuck with the shitty piece of crap you buy in to now.

Finally about to do the first dojo wish me luck lads.
if every island or dojo takes this kind of time this game is fucking long.

i wonder if crema is aware of sneedposting?

Attached: nah its just a coincedence.png (981x489, 642K)

I did kind of glance over it but truth be told it seems easier to go with a dedicated storefront than deal with the hassle of running your own limited time storefront.
Discord has been offering games for a while and if it gave them a way to do it without additional hassle why not take it.

what the fuck did i just get myself into

Attached: shit shit shit.png (1256x673, 1.29M)

This game is unironically more difficult than any of the mainline games I've played in a long time.

the artstyle is shit. they really need to outline the characters or something.

Attached: 6678539.jpg (500x281, 14K)

>they're too cartoony and cutesy
Like Pokemon you mean?

Shaders are cruise control for artstyle.

Temtem is better than anything gamefreak has made in the last decade.

Attached: 1559305256032.jpg (1193x1200, 368K)

Anyone have battle webms?

>tfw your Temtem rival starts off beating you up.

your rivals a dick and that's a good thing

well I lost to the leader.

Maybe, no idea, but gamefreak will still sell millions no matter how good or bad their Pokemon games are, so there is no wining here, they will get away with everything no matter how shitty the end product is

>this is a 2019 game
>this is ok because your fans are rabid shiteaters
NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1551569598060.webm (640x360, 1.24M)

One honestly has to wonder, why doesn't Nintendo tell gamefreak to fuck off and spend a modicum of effort, and ensure the highest grossing franchise in the world gets at least moderate quality content? Rather that just approving any fucking cramp they shit out with no regards to future customer loyalty.

hahaha holy shit those monster designs are even worse than nu-Pokemon.

also

Attached: Anonymous.png (450x450, 4K)

>even worse than nu-pokemon
How so? Pokemon designs got shittier with ever new gen forever tainting the name. Temtem seems to have a consistent art style

>Temtem seems to have a consistent art style

True but consistent shit is still shit.

Attached: 5f7.jpg (680x680, 38K)

What other poke-clones are coming out? I've seen Coromon and Monsters Crown

Disc Creatures and Digimon Survive

Temtem is really in a good position. With GF pumping out a steaming turd everyone will be looking around for something to scratch that itch. If pokemon dies, its GFs fault

Haven't heard of Disc Creatures, thanks!

digimon survive is more like devil survivor than pokemon.

Why is crowdfunded a strike? There have been a lot of good crowdfunded games, and also games that started in early access for that matter, if you want to count them as crowdfunded

why is indie a strike.
we just don't know.

Probably the same reason why crowdfunded is, because of the inability to assess things individually and not just generalize the fuck out of everything because there's some cases of bad games.

Name 5 good crowdfunded games that were not dumpster fires or didn't have massive drama surrounding them.

Ooblits notemon

FTL
Divinity: Original Sin
Divinity: Original Sin II
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Bloodstained

>Divinity games
Ooh, so close.

adding:
Darkest Dungeon
Hyper Light Drifter
Shovel Knight

>Divinity games are bad meme

he said good games, user.

Poor taste dude. Kingdom Come: Deliverance is another one. Also, La-Mulana 2 though I haven't played that and hear it's not as good as the first.

And your dad told you not to be a faggot.

crowdfunding is for suckers who love throwing their money at empty promises.
why would i want to play some western studio's soulless interpretation of a classic japanese game when i can just play the original instead?

>crowdfunding is for suckers who love throwing their money at empty promises.
Which is the same thing that publishers do. If you criticize publishers for not taking risks, this statement would make you a hypocrite.

I got my surfboard lads.

Nice

>crowdfunding is for suckers
based retard