Mario Maker 2

What are you all making first? Have you already planned ahead?

Attached: 0ED1BA44-F3B3-4840-819F-67D252463A07.jpg (1440x1073, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BrluZcA2hU0
youtube.com/watch?v=kKwhYVh_zf4
youtu.be/kMxmq3bhSuw?t=1400
youtube.com/watch?v=Ah2SZeuAt8w&feature=youtu.be
mynintendonews.com/2019/06/25/gamestop-trade-in-super-mario-maker-2-within-48-hours-and-get-100-paid-back-store-credit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Autolevel with a billion soundeffects and cluttered screen that kills you at the end unless you jump at a specific point

>boos level

Last time I did a 9/11 level since it released that day. Kinda surprised I didn't get banned for that to be honest. The level did get deleted though.

I have ideas for 2 stages.

Been watching some playthroughs online. Not looking to make those wackass stages filled with frustrating bullshit traps right at the start.

I've seen so many playthroughs of people dying at the start of a level and then just quitting. I want people to finish my shit and also not feel like it was boring

beginning of my spiny canyon stage

Attached: spiny factory canyon start.png (5940x1220, 259K)

etika level
a bridge and an underwater section

I have no ideas

I'll probably mostly play, maybe make a level after some time.

Something shitty but made with passion x5 and hopefully by then i get the hang of nice level design.

Attached: 1536915166699.png (533x534, 262K)

gonna see if global ground is still a thing and if so, make an on/off swapping level like mighty switch force

Agreed. I want to make sure people have fun with my levels instead of frustrating them. Finding the perfect balance of challenge and enjoyment is hard.

I'm making a big, black cock.

How does level sharing work?

Same as the first game via codes. Codes are even shorter now too. Not sure if the bookmarks returned from the first game though.

I'll tell you guys this - it goes a long way to make a level that gives the player enough freedom to play it in multiple ways. Muscle memory of a level will make it boring, so it doesn't need alternate paths, but even a well-placed tool here or there will do a lot.

Anyone else just sorta realized that we’re getting Mario maker 2 on a healthy system this time instead of the Wii U? Man this game is going to live for years especially if switch 2 or whatever is backwards comparable.

Does purchase of this come with 12 months of Nintendo Online?

youtube.com/watch?v=BrluZcA2hU0
>>you can't choose the stages you wanna play on in coop

The limited edition does.

I’m going to make use of all the new things Mario maker 2 has added. Vertical levels, slopes, new themes and their night variations, 3D World, new tools, adjustable water and lava opens up many new possibilities to surprise and entertain players over maker 1. God i’m so excited to try everything out in a few days.

How does this "new" version exceed this 3DS version?

Attached: best version.jpg (1500x1372, 263K)

it was online

Maybe go watch the ample number of gameplay showcases or even the fucking direct, dipshit.

That's another thing we can ask Nintendo for. They're open to respectful criticisms unlike some other people

Attached: 1560816603753.jpg (1100x1600, 355K)

Im really hyped for this game
switch has had no games for a while and I didnt play MM1

I fucking hate the Spike Trap, it just encourages people to make bad levels.

Attached: spikespam.jpg (512x504, 125K)

how great would it be if we could choose to never play levels that had certain elements
Fuck invisible blocks

>He thinks of level "ideas" instead of letting his unfiltered creative intuition come to him naturally during the iterative building process

Attached: cring.png (250x202, 8K)

So what does everyone think of the superball? Apparently it can grab coins and keys
youtube.com/watch?v=kKwhYVh_zf4

Attached: superball_flower_by_koopshikinggeoshi_dbdncp2-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJ (873x916, 623K)

>it plays the sml theme

Attached: 1558519227950.jpg (209x163, 7K)

Wasn't the mega mushroom leaked as well?
I'd love to see if that's in as well

That's been known for a long time now

What?
I haven't seen any footage of it, and the first time I heard of it was yesterday when someone datamined the update

>all those shill reviews
god i fucking hate video game journalists

Hey guys
what if
what if
You still get your online latency and input lag while playing single player levels in endless mode.

Are you refering to the SMB1 mega mushroom or the NSMB one?

it is the big mushroom from SMB mode
youtu.be/kMxmq3bhSuw?t=1400

I was referring the NSMB / 3D World one

That is unfortunate

Damn, I'm glad SMB1 got something to replace amiibo and skinny mushooms.

only issue I see so far is that the SML overworld theme keeps playing as long as you have it youtube.com/watch?v=Ah2SZeuAt8w&feature=youtu.be

>another French leak
Are French the new mexicans?

You think of good ideas and maybe restrictions on a holistic level then you let creativity go. Pure flow of consciousness will limit your ability to have creative depth and focus. You're not going to get a level that utilizes super complex contraptions and stuff if you don't have an idea for what you want going into it. That mindset can also lead to stagnation in your skills because you aren't actively thinking, basically letting jesus take the wheel and make the level for you.

It's a very good mindset though, it's just more refined if you temper it with moderation and good taste.

So is it confirmed we will have more new styles besides sm3dw?

not confirmed but there is a possibility

I'm going to dab on all of your level creations just by having superior building skills after spending hundreds of hours in Mario Maker 1

I hope you sickos are ready for traditional levels

Will you use the two secret powerups?

I had an idea for a desert level in the Mario 3 style but then I noticed Mario 3 jungle is pipe maze

how is that an issue Im pretty sick of the same SMB1 music over and over

>had drawn up some level ideas before the 1st mario maker came out
>never ended up picking it up
>sequel's about to come out
>no idea what I did with those papers
They're around here somewhere...

it plays no matter the theme

by not being shit

Does this launch midnight Thursday?

Nope it launches at 10pm

>Sloped pipes

Neat...if only this confirmed daisy

Attached: SuperMarioParty_Daisy.png (694x1075, 537K)

>he thinks playing random notes on a keyboard counts as "improvisation"

mynintendonews.com/2019/06/25/gamestop-trade-in-super-mario-maker-2-within-48-hours-and-get-100-paid-back-store-credit/

Attached: well now.png (1425x467, 953K)