Characters slowly go insane over the course of the game

>characters slowly go insane over the course of the game

Attached: 713575988_1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7FoaL7s6HqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f-8dtqSS-24
youtube.com/watch?v=hdss-U0H7fA
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=74638439
youtube.com/watch?v=sazaG1MS4gA
youtube.com/watch?v=PcXGgjyV4WA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

name one (1) game
excluding Automata

Why was Asuka's development completely removed in the movies?
And why did 3.0 feel the need to introduce a new best girl, Sakura Suzuhara?

Penumbra

Eternal Darkness

Drakengard

Spec Ops: The Line

Human campaign in warcraft 3

they're powered by mommy
ctrl+s

LISA the Painful RPG

You fucked up the spoiler, newfag!

I haven't watched the show in over 10 years but iirc Shinji's EVA is literally his mom.

>Netflixbabs

and no, the units ARE their mothers, every single person in their class has a dead mom

That's the world going insane, not the characters.

They were insane from the start.

Brad started insane. By the end, he was very sane.

I haven’t watched the show since middle school but I still feel bad for not picking up on this
What about Rei? And why do they have to be 14?

Shion in XS? Not really but it’s the closest I got that hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Rei isn't even human

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, right before the fight with Monsoon. He doesn't go mad with insanity, but he gets brutal in battle.

I don't remember what was supposed to be up with Rei, but they have to be fourteen because they have to be born after the Second Impact.

I also didn't pick up on most things so don't feel bad

Hellblade, I think it's called? The norse one.

>And why do they have to be 14?
user I want you to think very hard about the timeline of the series and what event would have happened around the time that those children were conceived.

I think in Hellblade you start out nuts and stay that way.

MGSV

Attached: 8E2988C2-86B3-40AB-BFD5-CD842037827C.png (473x537, 252K)

Rei is simultanously a half-Angel clone of Shinji's mom and Lilith, the progenitor of humanity that's crucified in NERV's basement. That's why there's only one soul between a whole bunch of mindless vegetables in a tank of LCL - it's Lilith's soul, and Gendo's going to use her to start Third Impact the way he wants.

Kingdom Hearts 0.2, Aqua has repeated suicidal thoughts and barely hangs on. But it's not really 'slowly', she's already decaying away at the very start.

The Asuka in the rebuild movies is a different character

Bloodborne

donkey kong country
the complexity of the levels makes dk go bananas

Attached: confused dong.png (568x599, 346K)

The movies are a different timeline.

I smiled.

Wow, I feel fucking retarded
Thanks anons

Kek

I'm a longtime fan but a bit dusty so maybe you can remind me. Why did Gendo have to wait until all the angels were spent?

>like in a dream where everything that doesn't make sense somehow does in your dream, you, the player, start agreeing with the character that's going insane, like it's normal behavior
>abducting soldiers and converting them into your own private army?
sure, it's understandable, he's fighting the Cia after he was betrayed by his country
>building a base and aquire tanks
...maybe they really need it for certain missions
>start developing weapons
Well...they gotta arm themselves, no?
>start developing giant machines and a nuke
Umm, it's for last resort, a deterrence, you know... Yeah that's it...
>start abducting children and turning them into child soldiers
Well you see he was saving them... And where else are they going to go? They're safer in the military base....ahem..
>start turning on your friends and ditch your private military after being attacked
Well maybe he was in hiding to prevent being killed, so it's understandable
>forces friend to be him and lie to Kaz and all the men at diamond dogs
OK, maybe he's not such a nice guy.

MGS might have stumbled a lot with BB's story, but the slow evolution of snake turning into big boss through out the games was great, he went from a lovable goof to a real asshole.

Because extremely creative people don't understand what made their achievements so good and think they can add anything they want to them and it will be better.

See: George Lucas, Tetsuya Nomura

Because if they tried Third Impact while any Angels were still around, they'd probably try to interfere with what is a very delicate operation that, if fucked up in any way, has a significant chance of turning everyone into orange juice.

Y'know, like what happened when Shinji fucked it up.

To put it simply, EVERY FUCKING DEAD SPACE GAME!!!!! The whole game series is about insanity and death. And seeing Isaac's dead girlfriend talking to you in Dead Space 2 was bone-chilling.

Attached: Dead-Space-2-Diary-Insane-Is-Actually-Boring-2.jpg (1024x768, 405K)

Every Outlast game
although 2 isn't very good

Tsukihime.

Attached: 7C17CA80-B99E-412F-831F-01D7775CB7B5.jpg (1000x563, 201K)

Melty Blood 1 if you count Sion as MC.

I liked how 3 sometimes had different environments for both players in coop, wish the game itself was better

The Stanley Parable
Etika

I hate the Netflix dub. And the subs. I'm sure its "technically" better but everything is just so overlong and wordy, and they changed some real inconic lines. I guess its impossible to remove 15 years of bias, I wonder what new fans think.

youtube.com/watch?v=7FoaL7s6HqQ

Attached: neon-genesis-netflix-6-768x432.jpg (768x432, 43K)

Attached: SensibleChuckle.gif (250x250, 993K)

Coop in 3 was the best thing about it. Though I loved the fact that you could customize weapons, even though it was hated by mostly everyone. The story was meh, we got cucked by Ellie and the ending was bad (like it ended on a cliffhanger what the fuck were they thinking?). We got a story DLC but it didn't answer many questions either.

Black ops

I don't know if it's "technically" better at all. It's translated far, far too literally.

I know, I know hurf durf faggets get out of my vidya, but translating Kawarou telling Shinji "daisuki" to "I like you" is pants on head retarded. The same kind of stupid contextless translation you see where a girl confessing under a cherry tree tells the boy she loves that she "likes" him.

Kawarou is a stupid character with no depth and was almost literally a dues ex machina, but that line was love. The whole point was that he openly and easily loved Shinji, he accepted him completely. That's why it's so painful for Shinji to kill him.

Attached: 1472601071468.png (500x2800, 1.87M)

You can blame Khara and Funimation for that.
Funimation bungled the 3.0 dub so horribly Khara made them do it again from scratch. They sent translators micromanage the Netflix localization so it wouldn't happen again. The new dub's line delivery is rushed and stilted because Khara insisted every line be 100% accurate.

none now fuck off to Yea Forumsutism

>game
also
>slowly

Why didn't they just use the "terrible" ADV dub?

I second this. No other games shows your character going from sane to insane in a matter of 3 games. Isaac was really enjoyable and badass.

Fuck off back to

ADV took the rights to the grave. It's near impossible to use a dub from a company after it goes under.
And now Netflix can claim a new controversy to bring in views.

Attached: D9lhqNsXUAIOenq.jpg (960x1080, 104K)

>antagonist is a benevolent demigod who established a prosperous empire and went to rest for a few ages because of his imperfect immortality
>modern emperor has no desire to part with his power so he orders to murder the demigod when he awakens, without most of his power
>rest of the game is about demigod seeing the ugly sides of human nature as he is being wounded and hunted again and again, losing hope for humanity
>when the girl who was sheltering him and fallen for him gets kidnapped and used in horrifying experiments to stop him he finally snaps and goes on genocide crusade
>you can take his side in the ending

Attached: 1550674579877.jpg (890x416, 298K)

Oblivion i suppose.

Attached: tumblr_p3usc3naaf1qmjue2o2_1280.png (1274x714, 366K)

We need to find a way to fix this. All this crap. Songs being removed from and entire games be delisted completely shit up film transfer all of it their has to be a better way.

Fresh masterpiece coming through!

I somehow haven't killed rich guy's famoly in the vault but still had to murder the doctor shortly after. Is that avoidable, or have I picked the wrong game for a pacifist run?

Attached: 5234060.jpg (2563x3000, 1.19M)

>the netflix tourists are even crossing over to Yea Forums

>Netflix didn't use FmttM because it was too expensive to license
>Spends $100 million a YEAR to keep Friends

You guys think the Rebuild movies are a subtle sequel or just an alternate retelling?

Attached: 1446647514389.png (400x315, 172K)

Attached: TAHITI.png (572x572, 328K)

Attached: 1560293773562.png (386x469, 235K)

Cant be a good return on investment.

You would have to pay me to watch Friends.

hotline miami

Call Of Cthulhu

they're powered by souls
the souls of their dead moms, to be exact

no no, the Third Impact was SUPPOSED to turn everyone into orange juice

Shinji just had a fucking breakdown until deciding that humanity gets to choose whether to stay as orange juice or regain their bodies (and AT Fields)

It was written in the dead sea scrolls, so think of it as part of the ritual for instrumentality (don't think too hard about it), or, alternatively, what said.

>the units ARE their mothers, every single person in their class has a dead mom
Wrong. I see what you're trying to say, but it's wrong. The Units are clones of Adam except unit 01, being a clone of Lilith. They're vessels, with human souls infused in them, and Asuka's mom was alive when she got chosen for Unit 02, she only killed herself after the fucking around with her soul made her go insane and kill herself.

Darkest Dungeon

Red dead redemption 2

>Asuka's mom was alive when she got chosen for Unit 02, she only killed herself after the fucking around with her soul made her go insane and kill herself.
her soul got trapped in Asuka's Unit
Her physical body went mad

How does the protagonist in Darkest Dungeon go insane?

iirc Arthur doesn't go insane.

The OP says "characters" plural. Your characters can indeed go insane. That's one of the main gameplay mechanics.
youtube.com/watch?v=f-8dtqSS-24

Katana ZERO

They saw the first dub of 3.0 at a convention, so I'd have to assume a bunch of Japanese people were exposed to the type of person that watches evangelion dubs at cons and reacted with total disgust.

Attached: 1510546091745.jpg (800x1119, 122K)

>character quickly spirals into violent insanity

Attached: 18-1885.png (800x450, 400K)

Attached: D3EmtmWU0AEFI7g.png (628x890, 762K)

Xenogears

Attached: benoit.jpg (600x450, 30K)

Hotline Miami

This inspired the retardedness of Darling in the Franxxx

You know her and Shinji fucked after Third Impact.

Attached: 1546010590055.gif (500x550, 964K)

>shinji is now voiced by a fucking tranny

Who?
Hammer?

Attached: 1379804611133.jpg (425x601, 67K)

>not switching to the OG Dub
Sad

pretty sure one of the danganronpas did this

>How does the protagonist in Darkest Dungeon go insane?
because while the world go more and more crazy, the character continues to stay and end up becoming the evil itself

>translating Kawarou telling Shinji "daisuki"
He never said that. He said "suki-tte koto sa" and it's a reference to "in other words I love you".

prince of persia the two thrones. kinda

>forgetting about Club Fei's Subconscious
Come on, people say it's the vidya version of Evangelion for a reason. Besides, the chair scenes are enough to drive the player insane

Bad ending of Fantasy Zone II.

Reminder that the ADV dub and sub is on a physical medium and thus is the one that will be preserved for all times

>How does the protagonist in Darkest Dungeon go insane?
The same way your ancestor does. At the end of the game, the final absolute truth of the world sends your character into deep madness

you mean during
possibly before

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.59M)

Not so subtle advertising for NGE on netflix. Fuck off advertiser.

Fei has trauma, but I don’t think he was insane.
In fact, if anything his insanity is cured throughout the game. I suppose Shion from XS is in a similar situation, but the hospital scene in XS3 strongly resembled what happened to Asuka with her mother.
Played Gears for the first time in the past year and watching Eva again really makes the similarities stand out. Cain = Gendo, the computer people = Seele, etc. They still have their own unique aspects though. Eva doesn’t quite cover 10,000 years like Gears.

The rebuild movies are just a big fuck you to otakus from Anno.

Do you think anyone on 4channel, an anime imageboard, who doesn't already have Netflix is going to get it for the shitty version of a show everyone's already seen?

Any kind of meaningful development is removed from Rebuilds, what are you talking about?

Rei's eva is powered by 'herself'. Remember when Shinji panicked when he controlled Unit 0?

Dark souls, all of them

>being a dubfag
baka desu senpai

Attached: 1450418809265.png (1871x1051, 518K)

Spec Ops The Line.

>murdered his family and killed himself so vince could have an excuse to give the title to someone else
What a shitty angle, when is he going to make his return?

Komaru in the bad ending

>Things that never happened.

9S wasn’t insane though

Kinda. It’s how Venom sees himself after killing his soldiers.

Is this by speedosausage?

Oh yeah during that one awkward sequence where he decides to go back down the hallway for no reason other than because it looks cool.

MGSV sucked.

Your taste sucks

He snapped when 2B died and got progressively crazier as he started to learn the truth about YoRHa and the intentional pointlessness of the machine war

You're gonna have a lot more people watch Friends than Evangelion.

Both

Attached: xcjU6x6.jpg (1645x2287, 591K)

Asuka is more of a side character in the rebuilds.

Eternal Darkness
Hellblade
Drakengard
Bloodborne

That’s a normie definition of “insanity”

>party member attacks you
God I hate it when that happens.

Attached: Untitled.png (1543x1152, 2.17M)

>get ganked will minding our own damn business eating some damn fruit
>"lol outplayed"

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Attached: Duma_Berkut.png.e466dae2292776f603aaa48e16985587.png (238x256, 58K)

Becoming a newborn old one doesn’t really seem like insanity.

Netflix will put out a BD with FmttM intact.

It really depends on what you want from life, I guess. But everyone else does lose their marbles as the night goes on.

youtube.com/watch?v=hdss-U0H7fA

Attached: 1345466409464.png (732x486, 42K)

your portrait in pause screen in Mogeko Castle gets more evil the more enemies you kill.

Attached: 17Yv4kJ.png (640x479, 158K)

I HAVE A PLAN ARTHUR

Dead Space

>not being a dubchad and getting multiple dubs to choose from

Attached: 1509349530424.jpg (403x402, 21K)

Maaaaaaybe
This might help if you know the moonrunes:
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=74638439

Corpse Party. Rule of Rose. Nier.

Attached: 42.jpg (500x500, 63K)

>not torrenting it and switching audio tracks every minute
FLCL's a wild ride when the vocalisations outside of actual speech sound practically the exact same in english and japanese

youtube.com/watch?v=sazaG1MS4gA

Attached: 1482946820228.gif (320x240, 1.87M)

>Automata
>slowly
He snapped fast

>her soul got trapped in Asuka's Unit
Yes, but only partially. Or else she would've been like the other Reis without souls that Ritsuko destroys. There are more than one aspect to one's soul in the biology of the show, and the aspect of her soul that was infused with Unit 02 was that of the Mother. (See: MAGI)

best ending

"daisuki" and "suki-tte" are interchangeable with saying you like or love someone you silly billies

yet simultaneously are designed to sell and pander to them, it's actually genius

desu I actually prefer Kaworu just saying he likes Shinji rather saying he loves him. It makes Shinji look much more pitiful and desperate for affection that even someone saying they like him is a lot to hear.

did they blur out her fucking nippies?

Attached: i'msofuckedup.png (1920x1080, 1007K)

For a "slow" insanity, then I guess Jason from Far Cry 3.

Malkavians from Vampire the Masquerade start crazy, but are so fucking fun that it's wrong not to give them love.

I loved the story and characters of this game but the gameplay was too shallow for me even though it was satisfying. I'll still buy the sequel/DLC or whatever though because I need to know how it ends.

No

wow, thats pretty brave of netflix. i expected either censorship or screeching

Attached: 7982048928031.gif (320x174, 1.35M)

What would you rather improve about the gameplay? More playable characters? More bosses?

But she gets LESS insane as Rule of Rose goes on

how is it brave?

i've been dead for 35 years today i live

leaving a teenage girls nipples uncensored - especially in a scene where another kid is spanking it to her comatose body - in a show thats being re-released for the western public is a very risky thing in this day and age. sounds like an invitation for complaints and controversy, but i guess any press is good press

>go to watch netflix eva
>watch the opening of EoE because its kino
>"I'm so fucked up" changed to "I'm the lowest of the low"
What the FUCK is this shit? I'm not going to bother with the rest if this nearly iconic line was censored. Did they fuck with any other part of the translation?

>Haven't seen Eva in so long, I don't remember the original dub voices that well.
>These new ones are good.
They're better, I think. No shitty nostalgia to pin me down. Maybe it's time to revisit it.

Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day

They localized it with the LITERAL translations. Make that of what you will.

>did they fuck with other parts

Bruh you may you want to remove all sharp objects from your dwelling if you watch the rest.

The translation was redone all over the place
All the pilots are called "the Nth children" like shinji is reffered to as the third children asuka is the second childern etc
All the fucking voice lines are retardedly monotone though and you can tell shinji is voiced by a no talent tranny damn near instantly

Sequel, there's way too many callbacks to NGE/EoE for it just to be a bunch of "REMEMBER THIS?" references. Anno's too much of an autist to just frivolously throw that shit in there like that.

>showing 14yo female nipples
>how is it brave
do you live under a rock or something?

5 stars post

Mate, I know what you're going for and you're right that people go nuts over sexuality stuff way too much.
But ain't no one gonna sit through 17 hours of the weebiest weebshit on the goddamn planet and then, at that point, go "NIPPLES? THAT'S A STEP TOO FAR!"

The moon still has a giant blood stained stipe on it from EoE even
Then theres minor shit like battleships being haphazardly in the middle of tokyo-3 presumably from asukas fight

>NIS America, Spike Chunsoft or Atlus release a shitty translation not true to the original script
>fuck em!
>Netflix re-translate Evangelion which had a version not true to the original script and gets way closer
>fuck em!

You cant translate japanese to english 1:1 because the languages work differently
The absolutely terrible monotone VA shit is a worse problem imo
But shit like calling the eva pilots "children" when referring to them as a singular person is some shitty engrish youd expect from a hasty sham of a snes jrpg translation

So basically, it's best to watch Netflix version because it's more accurate? Why were old dubs so inaccurate with the translation?

HOW in the fuck did this happen, every large media corporation is pro gay shit yet they censored this, which isn't even gay considering Kawarau is a socially retarded alien angel

The thing with dubs is you're not only translating what they said in Japanese to English, you also have to work your wording around the lip movement of the characters. Something that's wordy in Japanese but not in English still needs to use around the same amount of syllables and vice versa. That's also ignoring the fact that a straight translation from Japanese to English leads to a stilted and weird sort of speech that nobody that actually speaks English would talk like.

That's true and makes sense, I think a great example is Metroid Other M, where they tried to translate Japanese word from word to English and it was a complete disaster.

The funniest part about this is alot of people up in arms fundamentally misunderstanding the relationship between shinji and kaworu. Its almost a mockery of homos because shinji isnt actually gay, hes just latching onto kaworu because shinji will accept anyone blindly he just needs someone regardless
fucking asuka even says as much during the choke scene

Because they didn't give a shit at the time.
I agree that they shouldn't have kept the "children" thing but the rest is superior to the original english translation.
How the fuck can one defend "最低だ" translated to "I'm so fucked up"?
Though I don't really like "lowest of the low" either. In the end we'll never get a truly great translation for Eva.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

I’m so fucked up is objectively better.

Japanese still has the best scream of them all.

My life

Anno is the biggest otaku ever
You're retarded AND autistic

I'm so fucked up is objectively completely inaccurate.

Tlou 2

Not that user but I think it conveys the same feeling of self disgust/hatred and is a better line in english if you ask me

Anno already confirmed its Shinji's subconcious vision of his true feelings. He wanted to smash or Asuka to smash him but didn't.

Iji

just learn moonrunes already you fag

I guess your pol delusions aren't as real as you thought...

Raiden doesnt go crazy, he just remembers why he fights. Spoiler alert: it isn't for justice. I always figured the whole terminal edgelord Ripper thing was just to freak out Monsoon, he never really acts like that again in the game.

>he hasn't seen Devilman Crybaby

All of the Breath of Fire games had at least one playable character steadily becoming more unhinged throughout the story, BoF IV being the most extreme example in that Fou-Lu genocided his entire city after they cursenuked him.

dude, it's a drawing. Not real.

no I didn't, but I don't believe anything nearly as big happened in it either

>he doesn't know

Attached: 361.png (391x420, 127K)

Underage girl being taken advantage of as a "model" having spy cameras installed all over the bathroom to leak nudes online
Devil vision giving full access through shirt for vision

dude, my and your opinion on this is irrelevant
you're retarded if you think something like this made in the west right now wouldn't start a huge ass controversy

were you surprised by them sensoring shit like japanese video games too?

but do you see anything on screen?

Yes multiple times
she also gets kileld by a mob and paraded around on a stake like she got on vlad the impalers bad side

He went mad because Arthur didn't have any goddamn faith in him

you see a guy dreaming about fucking his sister doggystyle and cumming on the ceiling on screen

dilate

>dude, my and your opinion on this is irrelevant
uh no that's not an opinion, that's a fact. Have sex.

Attached: NOT REAL.jpg (230x173, 11K)

Hard to tell if she weren't crazy from the start, but things defiantly escalate.

Attached: 1561500876236.jpg (600x600, 28K)

Have

Attached: miki.jpg (1892x1092, 205K)

why don't you go tell your mom that you jack it to lolis user
and make sure to explain to her that they're not real children and just pixels, I'm sure she'll understand

typical basment dweller response: "lmao my mommy would give me a time out if i did that!!!"

oof

not an argument, but then again it's not like you were trying to make one :^)

the mission where you get to play as the real dragon was fun as fuck

I accept your concession

>the moon
>the TANG ocean
>the numbered coffins
>kaworu's dialogue in 3.33
definitely a sequel

Attached: Arthas.jpg (240x210, 8K)

Well, it worked, because it eventually scares even Monsoon, and one of the lines he says when Raiden kicks him in the chest is him begging for Raiden to stop, only for him to be hacked to pieces.

The Park

So when shinji decides to change everyone back from orange juice, does this include people that died shortly before getting juiced like my waifu? Or is it just those who got juiced.
I know asuka got brought back under those conditions but I feel like pilots work under different rules than regular people

Id say yes because they show up in the rebuilds, but it doesnt make sense than gendo shows up because he was explicitly not in instrumentality

James Sunderland.

Game is based on him quickly descending into a psychotic breakdown.

Attached: 1559502383878.jpg (342x342, 9K)

The entire point of nge is that some asshole wants to ress his dead waifu.

Basically equal to Hojo. A scientist with no ethics imposed on him.

Any Yume Nikki fangame, honestly.
Postal 1.
The Binding of Isaac.

Attached: 1555109286093.jpg (407x395, 22K)

They (SEELE/Gendo) were following a prophecy laid out in the Dead Sea Scrolls, basically a long list of all the things that would have to happen for Instrumentality to occur. Otherwise they'd just end up with another Second Impact and probably kill off the human race for nothing.

because American Copyright is a clusterfuck

Postal 1 is a trip.

Attached: 43FF7DA4-F29E-4F17-B280-C61F1DF45D84.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

If Rebuilds=Sequel is true, then yes. Everyone got brought back as they were just with no memory if what happened, except Kaowru whose intellect can transcend timelines thanks to being an Angel/inexorably linked to Shinji/both.
If the Rebuilds end up being something else entirely and EoE really is the finale, then there is no way to know. Asuka came back and she died before Instrumentality, so there is at least that. The idea that the various EVA pilots are somehow inhuman wasnt really fielded until the Rebuilds.

WRONG WRONG WRONG. Baka-user! There are 36 different eva timelines but the rebuilds don't count as one because they are a CONTINUATION of the TV show timeline.

This, Rebuilds re just one of the sequels to EOE.

wageslaving

Attached: 1559135830936.jpg (700x980, 418K)

*are

>So when shinji decides to change everyone back from orange juice, does this include people that died shortly before getting juiced like my waifu?
Not Gendou, but yeah those who died shortly before the tanging happened got pulledand can potentially return since Shinji rejected instrumentality and gave everyone an out. Asuka was too individualistic to stay in a collective so she made it back, though its implied Shinji was alone for quite a while before she did.

>there are """""people""""" out there who watched Eva through Netflix
Download the Sephirotic release, there's absolutely no better way to watch the series.

Attached: 1552775794670.jpg (720x720, 189K)

>game lets you romance/fuck your mother

Attached: pepe-think.jpg (1200x1200, 443K)

This guy gets it, I didnt realize there was a patch for it until recently.

The Sephirotic release claims itself to be the best translation. Is that correct? Shame it's like 55GB though.

I want to fucking hug Asuka

If you stretch a little and imply that his decay was more than physical, Wander from SotC

>That new Netflix voice acting

Attached: mad.jpg (1229x969, 474K)

The voices are hit or miss, its the directing that really shit the bed. Everyone sounds so dead and they cant emote to save their fucking life. Your best bet to go with this

Give me a rare Asuka.

They thought their audience (weebs) would be put off by gay shit. They thought wrong.

Today I will speak the truth:
Misato > Rei > Asuka

Attached: 1560916875111.png (831x919, 579K)

>watch the netflix version of EoE
>the directors clearly didn't give the slightest shit about natural sound
>asuka says her lines ridiculously disjointed
>If I can't have you all to myself...then...IDON'TWANTANYTHINGFROMYOU

I mean Kaworu wasnt romantically into Shinji in the first place and Shinji was desperate and only "loved" him as much as a 14 year old with no concept of love could. You can say Shinji is bi but Kowaru wasnt, not that it didnt stop Gainax from milking fujos with all the merchandise.

>Denying gay subtext to own the libs
I fucking hate modern society.

There are so many little frustrations in this game but i still keep playing it
>The fact that "partial cover" is a thing that exists and you have to crouch for it to actually hide you but it never explains this anywhere
>the fact that ROlling is bound to Down+move so you can't roll on passable platforms
>There's no sound radius so you don't know when you can start running away from enemies
>The stupid "the only winning move was to never play the video game" bullshit with the mask twins
Fuck the twins in particular
>The game cucks you out of murdering V 3-4 times and you never actually get to do the deed yourself
>The cooldown on your sword isn't as obvious as it should be
>None of your choices fucking matter even though the game constantly gives you choices

MGSV:TPP
everyone except Huey

True. Huey was already insane.

My jolly African American

Attached: yo.jpg (379x371, 21K)

>that game with a canon fact that people don't want to acknowledge

Attached: SEETHING.jpg (969x1615, 917K)

>party members secretly get intimate

youtube.com/watch?v=PcXGgjyV4WA

Attached: break my wall of jericho shinji.jpg (1440x1625, 1.27M)

you saying shinji killed everyone?

>still unironically believing that DD wasn't a wolf

Shinji told Rei to tang everyone and throw their souls into the black moon, which is what happened with instrumentality - but that's not what the image there shows

That image shows that the title screen of the last scene, "I Need You", was a response to something Shinji said prior

Attached: gentle touch.jpg (1600x600, 599K)

It’s a metaphor.

Hotline Miami.

Essentially yeah, he basically said "Fuck everything" and everyone got tanged. He did realize after the fat that being a collective sucks and gave everyone an out, but all things considered everyone was boned anyway. It was either going to be Seel, the angels, or Gendou fucking humanity over and two of those the flat out meant an end for huanity as it was. Gendou's plan was implied to be just as bad but never outright stated but Shinji backing out is the only way humanity could reemerge.

Would Enderal count?

Attached: 1560313982943.jpg (1920x1080, 359K)

>Essentially yeah, he basically said "Fuck everything" and everyone got tanged.
He also did it specifically because Asuka rejected him in the kitchen scene.

Attached: kiss that wasn't true.jpg (5000x2167, 2.57M)