*perilous symbol appears*

*perilous symbol appears*

Attached: guardian-ape-gallery-8-sekiro-wiki-guide[1].jpg (1920x1080, 457K)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am fight isshin and I sucks
any tips?

The one attack where he jumps and grabs you is literally impossible to evade

>first phase has a grab that does an entire lifebar of damage

Attached: 1521034839058.png (650x550, 540K)

you dodge the same way you dodge the chained orge grab, jump the fuck away, jumping have tons of i-frames

nah mate you rush underneath him, just as you do with his poo throw

Attached: 1553457913536.png (72x68, 14K)

Hesitation is defeat.

I genuinely don't understand how you could have trouble with him unless you rush in and die like a retard. First phase stay away from him and only hit when he does poo throw and use firecrackers when you have the time frame

Second phase, deflect his easily telegraphed stabbing attacks and run away when he does his terror scream. He's extremely easy compared to Owl(Father) or Isshin

How the fuck do get grabbed by that, just run away from him when he does that. You should be doing hit and run attacks for this fight as a rule

damn kratos hasn't aged well

I’m never blocking monkey trouble. I always run around and wait for openings and spend 15 minutes per fight. You can’t stop me.

Hesitation is defeat, Sekiro is a rythm game user

I run around him during the first phase, that's the right thing to do. But second phase gives you opportunity for deflects and that easy ass giant sword slam attack that gives you like 6 hits in the second phase

I found his first phase pretty difficult, mainly because I kept fucking up when dodging his standing grab (it has like a half second telegraph before taking a phat chunk of your healthbar). That being said, I rarely used firecrackers because I'm hugely retarded and reluctant to use prosthetic tools.
His second phase was a fucking breeze though, it's literally just hit and run.

Literally just use the flame tool with oil and stunlock his ass.

Ah man, he looked much cooler in my head. I thought he was just a monkey with a human shaped skull with a kratos scar.

You know how you beat all the other bosses? Do that.

I really don't get why people find this game so hard. I think I'm pretty mediocre at games and I beat him in 2 tries.

It’s not hesitation, it’s a precisely controlled dance. I’ve beaten Isshin by deflection as well. Monkey trouble just remains this way.

He looks cool enough you whino

Sprint into him

Who do you guys think stabbed him in the neck?
Sculptor or his gf?
Isshin?
Tomoe?
Dogun/Dogen/Dojun?
To be fair at least that's only in the first phase and not in the second phase cause that would be worse

>Who do you guys think stabbed him in the neck?

Possibly the Kingfisher? Isn't the Slender Finger item literally found inside the belly of the Guardian Ape?

learn the pattern and be aggressive.
You'll die plenty, but once you get the trick, you'll be able to kill him without even dying.

When it first came out no one knew how to play it and just decided to complain about the difficulty. Now that people have actually played it they've realized it's not that hard once you learn the mechanics.

Attached: 1555099746221.webm (476x422, 2.13M)

Fixed

Attached: Alt Sekiro EAS.webm (476x422, 2.21M)

I was a complete shitter in my first playthrough and the majority of bosses took me 15+ attempts, with Genichiro taking like 50 or 60. I'm sure if I played it again it would be nowhere near that bad.

I played DS3 after Sekiro (first time playing Souls, yes I started with the third one) and the only bosses that took a significant number of tries to beat were the Princes and the DLC bosses, everyone else took at most 3 attempts. Mobs and environmental threats gave me much more trouble than bosses

Perfect

Attached: cole ok.gif (220x232, 255K)

He's just an ordinary swordsman with no new gimmicks or sekrit techniques, dw

>Genichiro taking like 50 or 60
You at least got gud after him, right? You sound like you never learned how to counter thrusts and sweeps.

Genichiro was my get good moment, yes. In hindsight one of the reasons it took so long is that I kept getting frustrated and beating my head against the wall when I should have taken a break and tried again after a while later after dying a few times in a row

Every boss after him was much quicker

He looks like Yujiro to me now.

Attached: 49cc0253e7f3a26721d242b3856c4162bcc2f380_hq.jpg (474x750, 103K)

>first phase
>spam firecrackers
>fight ends in 30 seconds
>headless phase
>dodge left
>fight ends in 40 seconds

Nice. He really was a tutorial boss. After defeating him every boss started to feel possible rather than despairing I was filtered forever.

I did see a streamer somehow reach Isshin using only poke & run tactics, hardly even knew how to mikiri. So I get suspicious of shitters.

Is there any area more cancerous than the sunken valley in this game? All these ranged enemies shooting you from 12 different directions at once is some real bullshit.

Friendly reminder that Astral Chain will take the crown as GOTY 2019. Sekiro was good, but not Platinum good.

Literally who?

I showed the Genichiro fight to my boss who was slightly interested in Sekiro, just pulled a random video off YouTube.
This guy did zero Mikiri counters and genuinely just mashed R1 at any opening. I don't know why it worked, but he survived with three gourds to spare. I'm starting to think I'm deeply autistic, that's how disgusted I was in this display.

I had a long time against Genichiro myself, took maybe 15 tries? It's because I get tilted super easily in games, as soon as I slip up I start making stupid mistakes because I'm overthinking. Happens in rhythm action games too. Sometimes even in Tetris.

Attached: 1557986823849.jpg (1280x960, 121K)

>Thrust
>Press Jump
>Sweep
>Dodge into him
Never really got over this. Had to mod out the perilous attack symbol just so I was forced to watch what the enemy was doing before doing something stupid.

>nice hack-and-slash user, though the amount of damage you take when you get hit looks frustrating
Should've just showed him the speedrun strategy and called the game shit.

That's how I defeated Genichiro; the only attacks I parried were the arrows.

Stay mad. Also
>Revealing to your coworkers that you play videogames

Looks like some dumb anime shit for fat weebs.

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.25 - 02.37.47.13.DVR.webm (954x536, 2.94M)

>the only attacks I parried were the arrows.
that's literally the only attack you shouldn't be parrying

>>Revealing to your coworkers that you play videogames
My boss bought a PS4 solely for Star Wars Battlefront so he can fly an X-wing, and bought No Man's Sky on release.
I feel bad talking shit about it since he's literally right behind me but I gotta be honest, he needs a push in the right direction.

Attached: 1476408695719.png (146x187, 18K)

mikiri counters are worthless against bosses if you're no constantly attacking them
you probably play on the defensive all the time and let the bosses recover their posture

Thats an awful, tedious way to play the game. I cant imagine liking this game if played like that.

First phase was easy but for some reason I had a really hard time with the second phase. Its easy now but I had the toughest time looking for openings.

*shits and farts on you*

Attached: rY6akkQH4G2VVAVK5ds6KB-1200-80.jpg (890x501, 62K)

literally never base your skill of boss kills on youtube for almost any game. Golden god autists will always be a step ahead.

You're an arrogant asshole.
Let him play whatever he wants instead of pushing your own tastes on him. The man just wants to relax flying a spaceship but you screeched like an autist: "REEEEEEEEEEEEE STOP HAVING FUN, PLAY HARDCORE GAMES FOR HARDCORE PLAYERS".

I found the 1st phase way harder than the 2nd. His second phase has way more openings

That explains why I didn't like the game very much. Once I defeat Isshin I'm uninstalling the game for good; I'm just too bad at playing Simon Says.

Ya most people have similar experience. Looking back, I dont know why 2nd phase fucked me up so bad.

I think you misunderstand a bit, I have no problems with him wanting to fly a spaceship and live in space, which is why I suggested games such as ELITE: Dangerous, Adr1ft and Observation to him.
Also, bringing in my PSVR so he could play the X-wing VR mission is probably the happiest I've ever made him. Truly space age technology to a middle-aged man.
However, what I don't condone is buying EA games / games that are trying to con the buyer. Granted, NMS ended up being pretty damn good - I'm letting him borrow my headset when the VR comes out for that too.

Maybe learn to play properly?

He looks like imaqtpie

I think it's how oddly the sword moves. It's hard to tell what the openings are at first.

I'm not good at rhythm minigames; I'll rather play something where I have control over my offense and defense

One of the first tips the game gives you is like “a master shinobi uses both blocks and attacks to master combat”. Once you do, you can easily dictate the fight and push the boss back

fucking hell mate
do you get this salty over fighting games too?

Attached: 1515219762103.gif (230x230, 1.54M)

based ape

Attached: 1554258246180.png (850x653, 78K)

Is the game really that hard or just consolefags playing at 30fps with input lag?

Sekiro is the only action game I've played where the proper way of playing is "wait until the enemy attacks, press L1 when needed". I don't feel comfortable with it so I played it like I play action games: poke, run, punish mistakes, attack during openings.

To be fair I've only played to completion Metal Gear Rising, Dark Souls 1,2 and 3, Bloodborne, Nioh and the first Devil May Cry so probably I don't have a real perspective about action games.

>Get good at deflecting his attacks when I need to and running away when I need to.
>End up taking on the Double Apes down on the first try only getting hit once

I'm shit at these games but I love how I can tell I'm getting better.

The bosses have more reactive and aggressive AI, swifter movesets and require the player to be decent if they are to be taken down in a normal amount of time.

Because Sekiro forces all players to adopt and get used to the same gameplay style, all who complete it will eventually become at least somewhat decent at the game. The final boss is perhaps a testament to that, being one of, if not the hardest boss in the series from a mechanical perspective.

how can you possibly have trouble with genichiro
you're shitposting aren't you

Attached: egg.gif (250x169, 988K)

It would start with a simple mistake - mistiming my parry for the slash after he fires an arrow, for example - and that would completely throw me.
I would frequently go through the first phase without taking a single hit, then get hit once in the second phase and play like absolute shit afterwards. It's purely psychological, my body just gives up.

>using tools

So what's up with the Demon of Hatred? The guy fights like he was taken straight out of Dark Souls. I assume I just stick to his asshole and whack him until he dies?

I don't use tools and you fags mock me the same for not using the game's toolkit.

God, I'm so fucking glad FromSoft's next game is a Witcher game.

have you got the finger whistle? Use that at stage 3 for an easy clear

Specifically the malcontent upgrade. The other 2 versions do nothing but open you up to being set on fire.