Are there any good racing games on Steam?

Are there any good racing games on Steam?

Attached: GTSport.jpg (1280x720, 270K)

Xenon Racer is a bit up and down but I like it when it gets going.

Yeah, plenty. If you want simcade/sims then there's Dirt Rally, GRID Autosport, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, F1, rFactor 2, iRacing, the SimBin games like Race 07, Ride 3 and more. If you want arcade racers there's BallisticNG, Redout, GRIP, Pacer, Flatout, Wreckfest, Trackmania, Xenon Racer, Sonic Racing, Break Arts 2 and others. There's some classic game releases like Ignition too.

On the fence myself whether I should get Assetto Corsa or Project Cars 2. Loved the first Grid but getting mixed reviews on Autosport. Unsure if the later Need for Speed games are any good.

Yea Forums will tell you they are absolute fucking garbage.

I will tell you that, no, they're actually pretty decent I've enjoyed myself.

Autosport is just a slightly worse GRID 1 with better graphics and less obnoxious AI

is Forza Horizon 4 worth it?

Pcars 2 is more on the simcade side in my opinion, and isn't really moddable. AC is a sim that has a ton of mods, and in my opinion, really requires a wheel to enjoy.

Fuck yes.

You could just grab a free month of xbox game pass and get it for "free"

GT7 in VR on PS5 would be fucking orgasmic.

Sorry for a dumb question but I never played a Forza game, how is the career mode structured, is it anything like Gran Turismo?

dirt rally

Are racing sims hard to get good on compared to other types of games? Asking as someone who sucked badly with Gran Turismo.

Yeah they are, and it becomes even harder to become good when you don't even have a wheel. Eat my shit logitech im not paying 300$ for a fucking toy wheel.

I'd say yes as a lot of the complaints I have with it are more due to niggles rather than anything wrong on a core level. In terms of features 4 is very comprehensive, it has a handling model that allows you to use most advanced techniques and be rewarded but is casualized enough that you can be reckless and still do okay.

As far as career progression goes, there is barely any, you'll unlock almost all the tracks very quickly. Cars are for the most part just given to you via lootbox style wheelspins (you can't buy wheelspins and the game spams you with them) or just bought for in-game currency that you'll quickly get a huge surplus of. This is the main complaint a lot of people have with the game that there really isn't any progression at all. You play all the 70 or do courses once and that's it. You just drive for the sake of it after as you rarely have to actually work for or earn anything.

Every Thursday the game has a few forzathon goals, these are usually a few championships of three races where you have to use a certain type of car or higher than normal targets on or stunts like speed cameras. Beating enough will grant you new cars that are often exclusive to the mode and a lot are free dlc. You can beat most forzathons in a couple of afternoons tops.

>racing game thread
>it's just retards posting forza, GRID and dirt

Every time.

emulate GT4 at 5K

Serious? I don't want to have to get a wheel either but I can see why you would need it.

GRIP.

Attached: 001d-5.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Terrible physics and rubberbanding

BallisticNG

Attached: 466800-rain1_1_.png (1920x1080, 1.07M)

Nice playstation graphics. lmao

beautiful, isn't it?

Attached: 111.png (933x719, 721K)

Yeah, they are called simulators, they are supposed to replicate real life, so they are designed to work with a steering wheel since that's what all those sim autists do, they spend thousands on a racing rig. That's why I stick to simcades or arcade ones where I'm having fun. Not saying sim ones aren't but they obviously are more fun when you have a good steering wheel.

Unironically yes.

F1 2019 comes out in two days
one of the few games where races feel like proper races

Yes
Assetto corsa (absolute must have)
Poject Cars 2
Dirt Rally 1
Forza Horizon for casuals and fun
and iRacing if you want to actually get good at racing.

>Dirt Rally 1
How is 2.0?

On one hand I don't want to support that jewery of them taking out allot of cars from one and putting them up as DLC (the Kadette for instance) on the other hand Dirt Rally with a BMW M1 sounds fun. Like really fun.

Pretty much everything said is what I have to say about it it's fun probably the only decent open world racing arcade released in a long while. Car list is also pretty big for one of those types of games since they can take from the motorsport games.