Epic CEO Tim Sweeney says exclusives “ultimately benefit gamers”

>Despite the ongoing unpopularity of Epic Games store exclusives within some corners of the internet, the company’s CEO is standing up to defend them.
>During a discussion beneath a tweet about GOG Galaxy 2.0, Sweeney was asked why Epic resorted to paid exclusives.
>he said that Epic “believes exclusives are the only strategy that will change the 70/30 status quo at a large enough scale to permanently affect the whole game industry.”
>The Epic CEO also points out that Steam’s 70/30% revenue split “is a disastrous situation for developers and publishers alike.”
>“this leads to the strategy of exclusives which, though unpopular with dedicated Steam gamers, do work
>As a result, “if the Epic strategy either succeeds in building a second major storefront for PC games with an 88/12 revenue split, or even just leads other stores to significantly improve their terms, the result will be a major wave of reinvestment in game development and a lowering of costs.”
>Sweeney’s suggestion that exclusives are working out seems to be met by reports from developers themselves.
>Just this week, World War Z developer Saber Interactive confirmed that the Epic store was its leading digital distributor.
>Earlier this year, Metro Exodus’ developer revealed that as an Epic exclusive, their game had sold more than double what the previous entry managed on Steam.

archive.fo/UWLWN

Attached: tim smiles.jpg (2832x4256, 766K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1143676886704435201
gamerevolution.com/news/541809-number-of-playstation-now-subscribers
discordapp.com/sell-your-game
pcgamesn.com/satisfactory/sales
midnightghosthunt.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/915810/Midnight_Ghost_Hunt/
steamcommunity.com/app/915810/discussions/0/1639787494973341955/
c2.ftbucket.info/may/cont/may.2chan.net_b_res_649227900/index.htm
venturebeat.com/2019/04/23/world-war-z-passes-1-million-copies-sold-in-a-week/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I guess having no features is an exclusive of their store as well, right?

>omg dude where is my facebook like client?! who cares about games I want to post things and have steam friends ERP chats!

>Steam’s 70/30% revenue split “is a disastrous situation for developers and publishers alike"
I don't know why anyone expects me to just accept this claim. What makes it disastrous?

Can't wait until I get the shopping card. Just have to wait till next year.

Attached: roadmap.jpg (1920x1032, 225K)

this but unironically, else I just pirate

fuck china

Why would the publishers want to lower prices when they can just keep taking a larger cut?

I'll pirate Epic exclusives and save money. So he's technically correct.

>getting 30% of your money stolen by Valve for things other people can do for less or you could do on your own only because PC gamers are worse than console plebs when it comes at defending corporations

>Metro Exodus’ developer revealed that as an Epic exclusive, their game had sold more than double what the previous entry managed on Steam.
Are they comparing just the pc versions here or total? Because I've seen these shill journalists making these ambiguous claims to make ccp store look better.

>>Earlier this year, Metro Exodus’ developer revealed that as an Epic exclusive, their game had sold more than double what the previous entry managed on Steam.
What a fucking rubbish and twisted reporting. It sold more than the original, non-Redux version of Last Light, which had signifigantly less hype and marketing behind it.
In their investor conference THQ Nordic confirmed that PC sales of Exodus have been lackluster.

Attached: Tim (not) Sorry.jpg (650x804, 269K)

Sony exclusives are pretty much the best games of the generation

>kicks you in the balls
>says it's for your own good
This guy would make a great politician.

why are redditors so obsessed with defending Valve and Gabe?

exclusives are only a good thing if they're funded by the platform owner and wouldnt exist otherwise, like bloodborne, bayonetta 2, etc

epic only buys up games that are already complete and are about to get released and makes them exclusive
there's no benefit to gamers in that

It's easy to charge less when the company is just taking what Valve did over all of the years through testing and copying it.

Not only is it chink shit, but it also is the chink formula.

>say that Epic Store is bad and that it doesn't offer any signifigant benefits over other stores
>"WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING STEAM?!"

>ultimately benefits gamers
>only tells us how it benefits publishers and developers

i like how 2077 preorder is almost two times more expensive on epic when compared to gog
nice 88/12 split fags

Because by and large Steam has done the digital distribution thing right and competing platforms should at LEAST try to stand shoulder to shoulder with them in terms of user experience (this leaving aside having multiple game launching DRM platforms is a fucking mess).

Strong arming your way to market share just makes you look like a right dick, especially if no one would have used your platform otherwise because it offers nothing remarkable, feature or content-wise.

Physical retail stores take upwards of 50%.
Many other online retailers take 30-50%.
In general, stores that sell a variety of products take a large fraction of each sale for themselves because that's how stores work as a business.
There is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary about valve's 70/30 split for games sold on their store, and pushing pointless third party exclusivity will NOT force any other stores to improve their price cut. Literally the only competitive effect it could have is to force other stores to buy their own exclusives, because exclusivity is an anti-competitive business strategy that stifles innovation and inconveniences consumers. Just look at Epic's roadmap where basic core features of a digital storefront are long term goals because they'd rather focus on forcing people to shop at their store than actually make a good store people want to shop at.

>t. seething valvefag

yikes....basedboi.

>investing 30% into exposure and being promoted to 9mil active users
why would anybody do that thats retarded

>fuck the devs! Valve should get more because BASED GABEN!!!!

How can he say 70/30 is disastrous when in the past he admitted that 88/12 is unsustainable?

Shilling for Epic won't get you free v-bucks, little zoom zoom

>Epic

Attached: storewars.jpg (1000x1000, 400K)

Yeah. Fuck the devs. I'm looking out for me and don't give a fuck about some faggot hipsters in San Francisco.

I feel like I'm being meme'd on right now. Of course EGS is going to be their leading digital distributor? It's fucking exclusive there.

>waah waah waah
>steam steam steam
>"steam does these things better though"
>REEEE STOP BRINGING UP STEAM

It'll only benefit publishers who will never reduce their own profits for the benefit of gamers

It's a shit copy
>still missing basic features
>whatever method they're using for downloads/updates is fucking awful and takes longer than a Battle.net or steam download
>the features they do have are in their most barebones form
Fortnite has had their general & founders chat disabled for over a year now due to their inability to bots spamming their shit website for buying materials and weapons for real money.

>We are offering a better deal for publishers, and a better deal for them is better for the whole industry!
>Never mind that we actually have to bribe the fuckers to release their games on our platform, showing that our better revenue split is in fact NOT driving the market to publish on our store!

Shhh, this is supposed to be a shilling thread!

holy fuck is this legit

But why is that "disastrous"? Where are the numbers to support your claim?

EPIC GAMES STOR DOESN'T HAVE CARDS, THEMES AND EMOTICONS!!! IT'S BAD!!!

tim is investing money into forests not because of some higher humane cause
it's actually a way to transfer some money away from your bank account
it was always about the money and nothing else, so if anyone considers his actions as 'altruistic' or some other shit is deluding himself

they'll compare whatever numbers they need to and call them whatever they wish in order to look better

better than collecting knives like a loser

>hahaha retarded steamfags, technical support is for losers
>NOOOOOOOOOO TIM SWEENEY BOUGHT ME SUBNAUTICA BUT IT DOESN'T WORK, NOW I HAVE TO GO TO STEAM FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Why are we back to the muh 12% cut again?

It's been the same old song and dance with this dude.

This. You have to be incredibly naive to believe publishers will willingly give up money they don't have to.

In a way it's good because all of this shit reignited my will to pirate.

Developers aren't inconvenienced at all by the 70/30 revenue split because it is already a huge improvement over what you would expect from trying to sell your game in a physical store. It's only a bad thing if you're retarded and don't know anything about retail.

>b-bbut the devs though how are they gonna eat
By selling their fucking game like they have for decades. They're making way more money than ever now and have a way lower cut taken away from them than they did when physical stores were where most games were bought. What, do you think they're gonna lower the price of games if they get a better cut? Fuck no, they're just going to keep selling them at the same price that they know people will buy and then pocket the difference.
Greed doesn't justify anti-consumer business practices.

>he needs technical support
So this is the power of zoomers

this dude talks out of his ass 24/7

If the cut is so important, why didn't they release on Discord or itchio which offer better revenue cuts than Epic? Both of these platforms existed before EGS came into the picture.

>play a game outside steam
>multiplayer is a hodgepodge of port forwarding, .ini editing, and manually typing IP addresses
>play it on steam
>right click -> join game

those devs are being LITERALLY RAPED by steam and steam does NOTHING for them, right? fuck off

Exclusivity is good for gamers. Exclusives drive people to use different consoles or launchers. The people running consoles and launchers need reasons for people to use their shit, so they give game devs additional funding in exchange. 1st party exclusives are even better because they know they NEED them to be successful to survive, so way more effort goes into them.

Competition=quality
Exclusives=another way to add competition

Retard teens who don't understand capitalism use buzzwords like anti consumer not realizing gems like Mario 64 would not exist had it been non exclusive

Reminder that the EGS is not to be trusted.

The service is so devoid of users that it has become the first online games store to become haunted by fucking ghosts.

EGS

Epic Games Store = Ember Ghost Squad

Yes

>our store is so good for publishers/developers that we have to pay them to use it

>being so contrarian you unironically do free marketing for a shit company solely because it competes with a more popular one

Attached: HA HA OH WOW.jpg (508x341, 80K)

>lowering prices
AHAHAHAHA. Next thing you're gonna tell me they'll "reinvest" that money instead of pad the pockets of their executives, right? You have got to be fucking kidding, how fucking brain dead do you expect people to be? What fucking business "lowers prices" when it gets more in demand?

>they are not inconvenienced
>they are starting to sell their games on other stores
lmaoing at pcbros
also
>comparing physical retail to digital
L O L
KYS

probably compared to digital purchases on PSN and XBL>>

Sounds to me like he needs to fuck off back to consoles where he belongs.

>I'm just doing it for the developers goy
Yeah fuck off, anyone with half a brain knows you're out to destroy Valve as its the last barrier of non sjw bullshit for you to break down in order to enforce totalitarian leftism further in video games.

revolving door of shilling, excuses, and flat out lies

>As a result, “if the Epic strategy either succeeds in building a second major storefront for PC games with an 88/12 revenue split, or even just leads other stores to significantly improve their terms, the result will be a major wave of reinvestment in game development and a lowering of costs.”
Yeah like how exclusives make prime, hulu, netflix improve their websites/apps?
The only reason to subscribe to a streaming service is because of the exclusives.
All the money goes into buying new exclusives and the consumer gets fuck all in improved experience

9million bots/Chinese accounts

Tiananmen square massacre

>give game devs additional funding
publishers additional bonuses*

>Tim Sweeney says exclusives “ultimately benefit gamers”
they, however, benefit Tim Sweeney ANY TIME

NOOOO YOU HAVE TO BUY GAMES ON STEAM! STEAM IS THE ONLY REAL WAY FOR GAMING! I USED TO PLAY PORTAL 2 AND L4D2 WHEN I WAS A KID! GABEN SAVED GAMING! APOLOGIZE RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!

Attached: 1561093025185.jpg (785x731, 101K)

>The culprit is FooFlinger: a self-proclaimed successful FortNight developer who indicated that he felt the opensource project was a "pile of shit", "a collection of assets" created by a "NEET pedophile" who likes girls. FooFlinger noted in his 1 star review that:
>Author is a pedophile and takes pride in it. Also advertises this clump of assets on every anonymous imageboard multiple times a week.

Shoo shoo, FooFlinger. We know you browse this place on the regular

>waah waah gimme more money Timmy more money waah

Yes, what's better is that only about 3 features of the first 3 months have been fulfilled, the rest are MIA.

Just subscribe to 10 different streaming services user
Don't you want all those exclusive shows?
Oh you want it on the streaming service that provides the best user experience? well fuck you it's exclusive on the worst most shady site only

This is the true face of COMPETITION.

Say something nice about him Yea Forums.

Attached: dont worry lad, leave epic exclusives to me.jpg (1200x800, 81K)

He's not wrong though
You don't need to buy the games anymore because he already paid them for you
No devs hurt
No gamers hurt
Everyone happy

>remember devs were crying because Valve """""""only""""""" gives them 70% of the revenue
>mfw I work in the literature industry
>mfw having any editorial giving you more than 10% of your work is still a fucking miracle nowadays
I feel no sympathy for these entitled children.

Attached: 623y638u46789.png (600x469, 386K)

Yeah, CONSOLE exclusives do. Being forced to download a program, install, and make an account on your computer for specific PC games doesn't.

Don't forget the already included feature of chinks trying to log into your account mere minutes after you created it.

He's playing the 70/30 card because it's literally the only thing the tranny loving games-journos are supporting him on.
The reality is however that Valve only takes their 30% cut for sales made through the Steam store.
The key point Tim (chink loving) Sweeney leaves out however, is that Valve allows developers/publishers to generate keys to distribute their game to other store fronts, along with allowing them to sell those keys directly (with zero cut from Valve in all cases).
The only stipulation Valve makes regarding these keys is that any sales of their game on other platforms should be reflected on the Steam store as well.

Epic store does not allow the publishers/developers to generate keys like this, forcing developers/publishers to sell through the EGS exclusively.
Developers, publishers, tranny loving games journalists, etc can all complain about "muh 30%", but the reality remains that Steam offers more versatility in where and how they can sell and market their titles, while also providing more convenience and far more useful features to consumers.
Tim can play like he's the good guy here, but he's just a greedy chink loving faggot who has stated that he supports banning "offensive" games (unlike steam) while also paying lip service to a host of other lefty talking points. Tim is simply doing the work of the bugmen who bought his soul and he'll do or say anything he can to force his shitty EGS on the market.

trickle down soicenomics

>comparing writing, something anyone can do, to coding

BASED AND REDPHILED

thats on epic tho
i was talking steam

Honestly Microsoft is somehow bringing it all back to videogames even though it was they who pioneered most of the stupid bullshit the industry has been pulling

Game Pass is a very good service and shows you can compete with Steam by not having to be utter cunts about it.

Reminder that every time you read "sold this many copies on EGS" it means they're counting the copies Epic Games buys from the publisher as per the arrangements of the contract of exclusivity.

>connecting dots
>coding
topkek

I like how Tim is doing all this shit just as the Steam Sale is happening.

It's all posturing and vidya game politicking.

yeah that dude who spent 2 hrs on an asset flip and sold 1000 copies to 'ironic' streamers really learned to code

>"You don't understand you stupid goymers forcing you to use my store and spyware is good for you!"
>But Tim what about GoG, Humbl-
>"STOP SUCKING OFF GABEN"

Attached: 1553454220668.png (626x1092, 499K)

Write me a good book right now.

why not just sell on steam and epic at the same time?

baby shoes for sale, semen stained

Sweeney is such a fucking liar. He knows that 88/12 isn't sustainable but Epic has practically unlimited amounts of money so they can keep this going while bleeding competitors dry.
>Valve announces they'll match Epic's 88/12
>Epic doesn't care, keeps buying exclusivity
>Epic makes the deal sweeter to 90/10
>now Valve starts bleeding money while gaining nothing

Anyone can code too, retard.
There is a stark difference between a bad writer and a good one, which is the same for coding.

>Steam sales
>Valve still gets its 30%
>while devs get even less

>Epic is now the villain of PC Gayming
>Microsoft is now the "hero" of PC Gayming

What fucking went wrong?
Why is this timeline happening?

okay tim

Seething brainlet, coding requires time to learn. Considering whih are the best selling books of the decade literally anyone could write a "good" book.

masterful...

>epic

Attached: 1557311123194.gif (483x556, 3.77M)

>Steam - Our platform exists since 2004 and through all these years we improved functionality and quality of our services to make sure users will have access to best quality online game shop and launcher.

GoG - We put effort in making old games work flawlessly on modern OS and PC. Also you can download DRM-free independent installer for every game you bought.

EGS - LOOOOOOOL WE MAKE SHITTY LAUNCHER LOOOOOL WE PUT SPYWARE IN IT FOR OUR CHINESE BOSS LOOOOOOL. WE SOMETIMES GIVE FREE GAMES LOOOOL WE BUY EXCLUSIVES TO FORCE PEOPLE TO USE OUR SPYWARE IF THEY WANT TO PLAY GAMES LIKE BORDERLANDS. LOL

>anyone can do writing
o i am laffin
>only the chosen people can code
o i am laffin

which is why steam has fully ignored all of this
tim may have 'unlimited' money but his investors won't sail a sinking ship for long

>writing doesn't require time to learn
Based retard.

Microsoft will never be a hero of anything.

>he said that Epic “believes exclusives are the only strategy that will change the 70/30 status quo at a large enough scale to permanently affect the whole game industry.”
>saying this when Humble Bundle does the same fucking tariff yet no problem
This man is a utter faggot

>coding requires time to learn
but writing doesn't, because you said so

why do alt-righters pretend to care about these things? especially free Tibet since they all support Israel and its occupation of Palestine

twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1143676886704435201
Well Yea Forums? Prove him wrong.

Protip: You can't.

whoever said anything about alt-right, you dunce?

>Coding requires university degree
>writing is literally expected from toddler aged 6

>while devs get even less
You mean publishers.

You do know the difference between the two, right user?

>alt-righters support Israel
Okay, serious question, is every white leftist an utter moron?
I literally only ever see white leftists parrot this shit, I'm leftist too, but I guess because I'm not white it means I'm not nearly as fucking retarded and understand what the alt-right is.
Can a white leftist explain to me why so many of you guys are fucking retarded (and why so many of you are corporatists pretending to be leftists)?

360 was the high water mark for MS in gaming.
They've realized they need to play humble for a while to get back into the market's good graces.
Xbone has been an abject failure with regard to MS's intended goals for the console, especially when you consider how they were planning on leveraging the xbone to take over the living room.
They spent millions trying to leverage their 360 market dominance into a living room experience.
MS has had very few successes since the 360 and Win 10 (and the latter required forced updates and hard shilling to get adoption).
Focusing on pc gaming, after the xbone has failed and now that they've managed to enforce adoption of Win 10 is a solid business strategy to shore up the one area of the market they are still relevant in.
They're also probably sweating that DirectX is losing market dominance as well with OpenGL and Vulkan getting growing support each day.

Enjoy the nice guy MS memes for now, but don't cry when they go full evil if they ever manage to snag market dominance again.

only alt-righters hate China because Drumpf says they are bad

>he thinks valve dictates how much games are discounted for

Attached: 1560416811418.gif (700x298, 3.67M)

>He knows that 88/12 isn't sustainable but Epic has practically unlimited amounts of money so they can keep this going while bleeding competitors dry.
Isn't there a specific word for this in business?

nobody needs to
weak people constantly think of their betters

>filology doesn't exist
ok

there is absolutely no way one parson can be this fucking stupid

Do you really think anyone who uses Epic is intelligent enough to not need tech support?

CHINKS, I BANISH THEE

Attached: winniethepooh.png (1444x872, 1.73M)

B-but user, think about the indie devs.
Y'know, creators of such prolific indie games as Borderlands 3, Metro Exodus, Control, Shenmue 3, no way are they all published by major publishers just looking to make money.

>tim may have 'unlimited' money but his investors won't sail a sinking ship for long
You would be surprised. Netflix hasn't made a profit in its entire history, yet people still keep investing in it, Amazon has a bunch of services that aren't profitable but it keeps them going because they know if they keep it up eventually their competitors will go out of business. Epic could probably keep this shit going for another decade if they really want to.

>MUH POL!

Attached: 1541675942557.jpg (700x695, 107K)

>no hentai games
Fucking KEK, good luck epic shill

>publishers invest money to make games
>they don't deserve money but Gabe does because memes and muh personality cult

>>Coding requires university degree
No it doesn't, plenty of people know how to code without a single step into college. You're fucking stupid.

undercutting

>dude you need to be a linguist, philologist philosopher to write Harry Potter, 50 Shades of Grey and capeshit

Attached: feelskekman.png (112x112, 24K)

Publishers are largely cancer, so yes, they don't deserve money.
If you want to suck publisher dick you can stick to the console that you clearly own.

Tell me how much does epic take a cut on the engine they sell

netflix has growth across the board except for dollar signs and has proven a few dollars increase in price doesn't scare hordes of people away

Okay? So what happens when Steam goes 88/12?

I'll tell you retards what's going to happen. Every other storefront is going to fucking die.
Why does Tim want this to happen? Scorched earth?

and even more people know how to write, seethe

How can one man lie so much?

Attached: 1543347430066.jpg (600x600, 28K)

>dude you need to have a coding career to write a program more rushed than a fucking demo and put it on Steam
please

practice

>they don't deserve money but GabeN does
Cringe.

Not the point, keep coping.

of course a tool would say that

>dude you totally need a college degree to write games
undertale

Yep, Steam does more to deserve that extra 12% than any publisher on the planet.
The proof is the fact that these publishers don't just launch their own storefronts like EA, Ubisoft, and Activision/Blizzard.
If they can't invest in infrastructure, then they're not investing in games.

>Valve forced DRM as the norm
BASED!
>Valve decides to make people pay for mods
BASED!!!
>Valve decides to ban people from Steam for whatever reason
BASED!!!
>Valve popularize lootboxes and paying for cosmetics
BASED!!
>Epic decides to make games exclusive and offers publishers and devs a better deal
THIS THE END OF THE WORLD! I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS! *puts TF2 hat on*

His body has been hollowed out and a chinaman crawled inside of him and operates him like a puppet suit

How does paying 20% more on your shit store benefit me?

publishers didn't let me join a game with my friends in 2 clicks. steam did. publishers didn't give me the mod workshop. publishers don't do support for their games, they dispense coupons and rarely refunds if you buy a broken game.

publishers are about as entitled to their cuts as a hollywood agent is

China has been generous.

Why can't Tim just be honest about it? I think people would like an honest person more. Just say that you're doing this to force people into your store. Nothing more; nothing less.

No need for all this:
>BUT MUH DEVS
>BUT MUH GAYMERS
>BUT MUH MONOPOLY
>BUT MUH TWELVE PERCENT
Say that you want people to download and use your store. Why is this so hard?

It's just "us gamers" marketing. once they've suckered in enough people they will slowly up their take and nobody will care. it's funny how the disastrous 70/30 store had made pc gaming more popular than ever.

Those platforms can't pay them as much as Epic does.

>>Valve decides to make people pay for mods
>BASED!!!
if you have to rewrite history to make a point, your point is shit.

Between American cancer and Chinese cancer I can't choose

>/pol/ supports the Jews

Attached: 1560345453727.png (928x616, 409K)

Attached: epic4thewin.png (1426x752, 87K)

My point is that a company/service doesn't need to be profitable to be attractive to investors.

>be Valve
>steal 30% from all sales
>people act as if they are heroes for doing their job

people who want their service to be used make a good service
people who want money do marketing

Valve never enforced DRM on Steam.

>my pc can't support multiple clients!!!
master race indeed

thats the global standard for everything
and you can actually see where the money is going
unlike the trash that is EGS

Rembmer when Randy said that this exclusivity deal is ultimately beneficial to the consumers, then when mega sale started he took his game off the store because it was $10 cheaper
they're all liars and hypocrites, just like how Tim been saying lower prices lower prices and 7 months later they're still the same

Attached: 1489837808602.jpg (250x239, 7K)

he means "'why do they care about free tibet? tibet suppprts israel, so it goes against this single-minded entity of the alt-right i've constructed"

if saying something nice about jews once made someone an enemy, there would be no allies

Having to go online and register your game key on Steam is DRM.

Should be two crows. One screams NIGGERS, the other /POL/ and the bird says "vidya games"

True. But to be fair, they don't advertise the fact that you CAN go DRM-free on it.

5%. They also waive it if you sell in EGS.

>provide servers for devs to host their games on
>provide sales for devs to sell more copies of games
>provide a usable store interface that makes finding games easier
>provides convenient support for community mods
>even provides things like multiplayer infrastructure for online games
>develops their own compatibility for linux so more games can be played by more people
>the 30% isn't justified

Attached: D9fpiufW4AAMoPx.jpg (400x800, 58K)

no but throwing money away with NOTHING to show for it is not what netflix is doing. it could easily be the fate of Epic store in a year

Actually Randy was shilling for the sale when it first started. I have a feeling though nobody actually ran it by 2K and they were fucking pissed and forced him to delete his tweet promoting it (and then took it off the Epic Games Store)

cd-keys were around way before steam as drm
Steam just made it a little harder to spoof keys

Randy actually advertised the sale on his Twitter for about 30 minutes, then it was deleted and not long after that BL3 got pulled.

Gonna take a guess that it was someone at 2K who told him to delete it

>>The Epic CEO also points out that Steam’s 70/30% revenue split
Why is he only pointing out Steam's 70% revenue split? Every digital marketplace has a 70% split. This is just an attempted hit job against Steam.

>second major store
Now this is where you know hes a little lying down syndrome shit. In market (doubles for pc market) there is no such thing as SECOND major. There is only windows, android, adobe, office, intel, nvidia, google etc... theres bo fucking second major os or search engine. And he fucking knows that

When did the chinks invade?

steam doesn't hold devs at gunpoint and tell them "no discs"

the devs do that of their own accord to save money on manufacturing costs
because, and this may shock you, the 30% cut isn't outlandish.

No, it's not.
That's like saying GOG has DRM because you need an account.

He thinks Steam started it or is upholding it

its like the professional corporate photographer couldn't get even one good shot of this weasel.

Attached: 7n22fw3j0xw21.png (680x579, 252K)

>"guys, it's just tim hating on steam!"
no, really? fuck, how did i not see it

well starcraft required a game key and it's one of the best selling and most played PC games out there.
sorry you have expectations for a world that never existed but i'm still not making an Epic account

>XBox has near zero exclusives
>no one buys an Xbox

It' s like rocket science!

Okay let's play some devil's advocate Yea Forums. This IS good for gamers in the long run.

Epic is giving devs a safety net where they can makes without fearing of running out of money. They're forcefully injecting lots of money into the ecosystem to benefit devs/publishers and in turn those devs can perhaps make even more potentially good games that gamers can benefit from.

There are already a handful of stories where indie devs have gotten a much needed cash injection from Epic which helps them weather the risky business of releasing a game. To highlight this, it's why one of the more prominent yet controversial exclusives announced are kickstarter games.

Nah, I see "muh pol" posts here far more than I see actual /pol/ comments.
And it's always in reaction to anything even mildly opposed to the standard leftist talking points.
It's called entryism. Invent a boogie man to dissuade certain kind of discussion, while never saying a word about its opposite.

Hey Tim we're ordering takeout what do you want?
>88/12 cut
Hey Swiney what's the solution on the whole Palestine-Israel conflict
>88/12 cut

>'Valve is greedy for their 30% take'

So when is Timmy going to accuse Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Google as being greedy for their 30% take? I thought he was all about promoting a better environment for developers to flourish?

Attached: 1560134253645.png (800x900, 318K)

TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMY IS A FUCKING MEME
WE FUCKING LEARNED THIS DECADES AGO

I sure loving remembering what launcher i bought "indie game X" on 2 years ago when i want to do a new play through

Nigger every shop is asking for 30 and more. You pay for distribution platform someone else build you fucking chink commie

>guys this is good for games because devs get free money, so they'll just make shit skinnerboxes and get free money and fuck off
at last i truly see

You naive fool....

>implying giving shitty tranny devs and AAA studios cash for exclusivity is in any way good for the industry or the consumer.
Yeah, no. Less Cod clones and less Gone Home/Depression Quest trash is the ideal.

Console and hardware developers.

Money can't buy talent or proper planning. Even the studios funded by AAA tier funding put out bad games. Ubisoft and Deep Silver have no reason to be on EGS other then pure greed. Defending this just exposes the contradiction with the narrative being pushed.

Attached: woomydisapproves.png (526x471, 330K)

> Implying Steam wasn't DRM from its inception
Fuck off Valve drone.

Ok so where are all the other fucknuts doing this shit?

It's really funny people like Timmy boy are trying to spin the 30% as draconian and oh so high for the industry when it was a complete game changer at the time, to the point where people were wondering how Steam was going to function on such an anemic cut like that.

When is this ugly cunt not constantly contradicting what he has already said?

>thinking Valve or any successful devs gaf about Tim

>Console and hardware developers.

You act as though they don't sell the hardware to people

How does that benefit the gaymer more than just downloading the games for absolutely free, without the need to install some chinese spyware, such as steam or epic launcher?

Attached: 1511896991382.jpg (1000x1000, 92K)

He literally already said it was not a substantial split. He is such a fucking idiot.

Entitled zoomer detected
If you don't like it move to venezuela

Attached: 1541778606667.jpg (1024x862, 273K)

>chinkroach pretending that only valve does the 30%
Go check how much console exclusives take. It will blow your mind. Oh wait you can't because google is blocked in china can you? Poor chinkroach.

I mean he's right, I'll just pirate all the shit I want that's Epic exclusive.
So far that's only one game though.

Attached: 1561414769474.jpg (720x611, 44K)

If the devs don't gaf about me, why should I support them?

Having one more developer around is better than having one less developer.

Like for example Supergiant. Pyre probably flopped so hard that they felt that it would have been stupid of them to reject that cash Epic offered them. So now they have one less problem to think about as they develop Hades.

Okay Steam and EGS are both shit, you've convinced me. I'll just continue to use GoG.

Valve develops hardware.

CD-keys were a thing before steam you zoomer faggot.

All digital stores take 30%. Apple, Google, Sony, GoG, all of them. It's the "you don't have to do fuck all but put your shit here and we'll take care of the rest" fee.

No mate. I live in a third world shithole. Trickle down economics has never worked because the people up top are naturally greedy. That's how they got to the top in the first place.

i work at epic support and believe me, it won't, fujcking autistic kids make my blood boil all day

The savings will trickle down bro, just give it time.

No features that are standard to STORE FRONTS, you retard
I'd like the ability to have a fucking shopping cart so I don't have to buy every game INDIVIDUALLY,
If I go to my fucking local grocery store, I don't have to bring every apple to the cashier and pay for it individually.
The Epic Game Store has fewer features than my local grocery store. That's how fuck it is

>hear games on ebin store take a smaller cut
>check store
>they're more expensive

Attached: 1561311627374.png (443x382, 358K)

>a lowering of costs.”
Except it doesn't.

If you could go back in time would you kill hitler?

Right and agreeing to an open-marriage will make my wife love me more.

>weak people constantly think of their betters
So that's why Timmy boy can't shut up about Valve. Thanks for the explanation.

>steam controller
>VR THE BIGGEST MEME GIMMICK OF ALL TIME
Yeah sure.

>Store Search
IT BROKE NEW GROUND
Here's the real question: why don't they just hire a larger UX team?

It was the least invasive DRM at the time. And no-steam cracks are as easy to find as no-CD cracks were back in the day.
>inb4 online connection required
DRM with online validation was the standard before Steam took off.
>source: I lived through it
Zoomers are fucking retarded

It never was since day 1. He pulled some of his lines out of his ass on twitter even though what he proposes is situational and won't happen the way the industry is. This whole thing is just giving higher amounts to devs with no benefit to the consumer. They give out free games and strongarm to push you to spend money with them.

Attached: Screenshot_20190218-111128_Firefox.jpg (1071x630, 193K)

Are EGS shills back?

if they make shitty games nobody cares about why should they stay afloat?

It's still hardware.

>Having one more developer around is better than having one less developer.
no
having competent developers is better than having developers that are around because they can grab some free cash for fuckall work

EGS is the most anti consumer marketplace on the planet and that's very much on purpose. Tim wants to make a shift from catering to the consumer (on PC) to catering to he and his cronies.

And a cash injection wouldn't of saved Pyre since it was shit and the same thing happens with Hades, the only thing it does is delay their studio death. It won't make a good game though.

Is Tim a broken record? Has he got nothing to new to convince us that Epic is good? Why are we back to 12% again?

>all these blatant EPIC shills giving their all to convince people that Tims business aren't hurting PC gaming

Pretty much everyone I know and everywhere I've read comments on the internet the consensus is the same: EPIC is on an all out war to destroy PC gaming. He never fucking cared. If you read the backstory on Tim, you'll realize how fucking pathetic and out of touch he really is and how much hate he actually got for the medium. No wonder he sold out to the soulless bugmen.

Attached: 1561218055841.png (432x432, 200K)

but it isn't lightweight, it's not convenient, and why should i care about what developers get? i want a better deal, i don't care about them.

Everything Valve puts out is part of their R&D program. They do make VR stuff but ultimately their goal is to discover new things.
That does mean that most of their products will be niche shit but they have an opportunity to strike gold.

>>Just this week, World War Z developer Saber Interactive confirmed that the Epic store was its leading digital distributor.
what on earth does this mean.

>benefits gamers by selling your information to whoever he pleases
>benefits gamers by pic related happening a day after you delete your epic account
Sure thing Tim.

Attached: some dumb kid will fall for it.jpg (788x890, 128K)

He's not that good at PR speak

>the result will be a major wave of reinvestment in game development and a lowering of costs
So, even more shovelware coming up.
Thanks, Tim.

Aside from Epic, itch.io, and Discord, every online game retailer takes 30%. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Steam. He's only going after Steam because he thinks he can throw enough money at the problem to push them out of the market.

Also he wouldn't dare talk bad about consoles, since he relies on them for most of Fortnite's income.

>PC gaming = Valve
yikes

>1st party exclusives ar
>anything to do with this scenario
you are maximum retard friend. a first party game is a game made by valve, or made by epic. bribing devs to put a game on your store for a year does not make it first party, fuckoff lol. they're not going to invest significantly in development, they have no interest in producing quality products, their entire goal is to strongarm a position in the market by damaging it so that consumers are forced to accept lower standards and worse quality.

He is lying out of his ass. The same devs said they sold the most on consoles and ignored the statement outright when asked about PC sales

Because they make like one and a half good game years ago.

crash the western market so tencent gaming platform fluorishes
genius

Why are you you people so mad? Once GOG Galaxy comes out, it won't matter if the EGS exists since it'll all be in one launcher anyway.

Yeah, in which country faggot?

>The same devs said they sold the most on consoles and ignored the statement outright when asked about PC sales

That's Metro: Exodus you idiot

>30% of your money stolen
>what is hosting your game on a STEAM server such that people can buy it
>getting access to an organized social network for your game automatically

Hope it comes quick to shut this shit down

it's a common scam, i got 2 of these

>webcam
what year is it?

Reminder

Attached: 264981421512.png (1106x1054, 272K)

How did you reach that far up your ass for that greentext?

Can someone explain what his plan is saying this just as the steam summer sale is happening?

The two stories I heard were
>Literally no one at Epic thought they should tell the people who's games are on the store about the sale
or
>Someone DID actually hold a meeting to tell publishers about the sale, but was such an inept retard that no one had any idea what the fuck the meeting was even about.

I could buy either one coming from Epic honestly.

>the launcher is the issue
Dumbass.

>I can't believe all these people are fighting me just because I have a little moustache! Unbelievable!
t. Hitler

Attached: rocket league championships.jpg (538x536, 41K)

>the result will be a major wave of reinvestment in game development and a lowering of costs
Where are the lowered costs Tim
Where the fuck are the lowered costs

Lmao. I got these emails spammed at me for days too.
"David Ghost" kept emailing me back demanding different sums of buttcorn and giving me different deadlines.
I actually checked his wallet address and only like 3 people fell for this scam in over a month.
And this faggot no doubt had to pay for the hacked passwords.

how did steam kill these, exactly?

>save PC gaming
>by screwing over the biggest PC market by charging them an extra 12%
>when asked if he's going to do anything about it, outright say "that market is irrelevant"
Idiot completely exposed how little he really knows when he said that.

Attached: 1483283163517.jpg (1280x720, 291K)

I'm glad Valve has chosen to not play the game and has ignored his petty thievery the past 8 months. Yet, they still have all of MS's and Bethesda's games being released on Steam and I just know Tim is seething since EGS started pulling desperation tactics after E3

>Muh 70/30
Oh no! Think of the publishers!! How will they will make their billions of dollars, when that nasty Steam is taking thirty percent! It's like Steam doesn't want the CEOs of these publishers to get their hundred million dollar bonus! Oh, the humanity!

All I see is shitty companies that failed to put out actual good games. Is this a joke?

Telltale died because they moved to san fransico and hired a bunch of women to do nothing

Do you have a slightest idea just how cheap producing a bottle of milk is?

Reminder that Valve was able to penetrate the asian market by offering people that autistic gift card service that could never be supplemented well if they only went for a 12% cut. And now because there are more nips using steam, there are also more nip games coming to steam.

How does Tim spin this to be bad?

How is Telltale failing to sell across a dozen platforms Steam's fault? Oh yeah bait.

>Irrational
By Take-Two and that Bioshock Infinite sucked
>Telltale
Literally their own fault for making shit games,with each choice not meaning anything,fuck off with your shit blaming Steam for a game not being good

By taking away they money? Steam cut is a colossal cost that is not justified in current market. Tim is literaly going against industry to help everyone around

That was my username on Epic.
Was.

Muh curation!

Capcom VC was fucking shit, glad they fucking died after what they did to Dead Rising.

What happened to "monopoly is bad"?

Telltale died because their only success was the first season of The Walking Dead, and everything after that failed to innovate while they continued to expand at an unhealthy rate compared to their game sales (mostly all because of their incompetent leadership which never thought to invest in new tools and tech either)

>autistic gift card service
The fucking what?
How do we chinks and japs buy games?

>Steam cut
It's the same cut as Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Apple and Google

Lower costs for publishers, not for consumers silly.
Timmy boy doesn't give a fuck about consumers.

This is true, sadly, EGS is worse than a monopoly

Okay. Assuming that the exclusives are actually good for gamers how long will we have to wait until we feel the effects of them giving shitloads of money to developers?

One year from now? Two years from now? Fuck five years from now? Game development isn't fast and loose. How will we actually know that the money they're giving to devs and publishers will result in us getting better products? We don't.

>calling me a zoomer

You didn't have to go online, you redditor cocksucker.

>tfw deleted EGS after getting bored with the satisfactory alpha before it released
>go on twitter recently and see the devs are huge flamboyant faggots that literally samefag with the official account

Whew, dodged that cancer

Attached: bugs_bunnys_true_form.jpg (237x441, 13K)

They provide their own hardware and are operating in a closed system(so no one can compete). Steam is just a fucking browser app

I don't get the while strife against so many streaming services, just subscribe to the ones that have shows you're currently watching, then unsubscribe when you're finished.

>I actually checked his wallet address and only like 3 people fell for this scam in over a month.
that means it's a success, because dude's in like mozambiq or some shit and $1500 is a lot

What are Steam servers?
We may never know.

>Ember Ghost Squad

Oh fuck I remember that

Attached: 1559923315955.png (682x708, 533K)

As well as the problems the other posters pointed out, this isn't a sustainable business model. They're trying to strongarm steam by funneling their autism dollars from fortnight into long term success as they know eventually it'll be replaced by the next fad.

They can buy out exclusives (and even then only smaller lesser hyped IP's like Metro and random indie games, they'll not be able to do this tactic on more established publishers and devs whom don't need any exposure to sell their brand. They're literally trying to buy up the future piecemeal and it will be incredibly harmful as all they know is chink nickel and dime policies that put EA to shame

As long as Steam ignores his shit, he can't sustain the business model he proposes. What happens when they stop buying exclusives? Do people just go back to Steam again? No reason for anyone to only release on a single pc platform when they can release everywhere.

The resemblance is uncanny.

Steam provides servers, much like Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Apple, and Google.
And Google mainly doesn't even provide hardware outside of a few phones.
It's also the same cut as GoG, Origin (which does sell third party games), MS Store, and every other digital storefront.
Sweeney is just shilling it up.

NOO STOP USING YOUR COPYRIGHTS, FUCKING COMMUNISTS

no, you don't understand. how did steam force these companies to use steam? they could go litterally anywhere else, how is that steam's fault?

>muh palestine

>They provide their own hardware and are operating in a closed system
And how does that justify the 30% cut?

The Chinese happened.

>is a disastrous situation for developers and publishers alike
Yeah, they're really struggling for money in the gaming industry

Keep using your copyrights actually, and just like I pirate anything that's not on Netflix/Amazon Video (the latter of which I only have because it comes with Prime), I'll pirate anything that's not on Steam/GoG.

Google provides a whole ecosystem and their own fucking OS. GoG isn't competing, Origin isn't intrested in competing with steam either so they just roll with their cut.

>multiplat devs were killed because errrr steam
ok retard, hope you're working on your next bait

>Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Apple and Google
and valvefags constantly call them evil but then is okay when Valve does it
cringe

>most popular game
>most popular game engine
>and soon most popular digital storefront

Just accept the inevitable steamdrones.

Reminder who your money is going to

Attached: D9rrWzBXoAAPYcP.png (889x496, 212K)

Quit replying he just wants the attention

nobody called those evil because their cut you blithering idiot

Torrent protocol will soon be banned all around the world. Keep on doing it while you can bro

let's not forget all the marketing was directed at steam users and promoted by steam too

It's alwaying going to tencent, unless you buy on gog

Attached: 4821841259102851-.png (1262x750, 403K)

Android isn't Google's OS you fucktard, they just have the most widely-used and up-to-date distro.
That's like saying Linux is Canonical's OS.

Exclusives like this don't work on pc. Using a different launcher means fuck and all you stupid shit. Exclusives work on consoles for the reasons you're talking about because the consoles still need to be sold. The way that epic snd the chinks are going about this isnt the right way to do it. Besides, they fucked up anyway with their actions and attitude. I won't ever use EGS or buy any game that was released on their client. I know I'm not the only one that won't either.

>Sending dick pics to your friends with none of the legal ramifications

Holy shit sign me up

This. I actually use the EGS to play a f2p game Dauntless with friends. The fact they offer crossplay when other platforms don't is a big plus which they should use to market instead of MUH 12%.
However, joining a party with friends is fucking atrocious. I'm not entirely sure whether it's Dauntless or EGS, but it's bugged to all hell.

>lazy american devs who make overrated games and pander to retards with moba
>bunch of slavs that steal money from EU an sell old games
>a company with diversified assets and partnership
Was this supposed to make Epic look bad?

>Torrent protocol will soon be banned all around the world
lmao

Todd should be taking notes.

>>fuck the devs!
give me a single reason why I should care about the devs ?

Also this
EGS is a worse client in every way to even bloatware trash like origin.

>CEO says
So it's bullshit, got it.

>diversified assests
>a bunch of suits from unrelated industries now put pressure on you to make money

Carts?
Reviews?
Proper refunds?
Proper security so your games you bought don't get ganked by Wang?

Oh good, so I know not to support Epic since Disney is involved.
Only absolute cancer gives money to Disney.

>baiting for attention this hard

>EGS is a worse client in every way to even bloatware trash like Steam.

Fixed it for you, origin unlike steam is not bloatware.

Based Tim dabbing on those "gamers"

Nobody actually cares. People just want to troll the fucking chinks into getting rekt by their government for seeing stuff like that online. I doubt the filters can see .gifs, but if you write it, it definitely works.

It's worse than that, he actually believe his own lies.

Yeah, fuck the devs. They should cater to me, the consumer.

GAME EXCLUSIVE ON STEAM GOOD
GAME EXCLUSIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE BAD

Steam at least offers actual features instead of just being a glorified storefront.

Why would you support steam after this horrible summer sale? Remember the amazing deals Epic had? And those deals happened with no loss from the devs too. You could get those instead if EGS won.

Attached: basedtim.png (751x134, 15K)

when though?

Name one

Min po that's the wrong script they have already disproven this point in our propaganda

Why one, i could name thousands

Wow and epic is doing NOTHING to remedy those problems. How many v-bucks are you getting paid to shill?

Dota 2

GAMES GOT REMOVED FROM NOT ONLY THE SALE BUT ALSO THE STORE YOU FUCKING NUMPTY

Most EGS "shills" are console plebs happy to troll PC gamers for once.

I'd also imagine a small number of "shills" are Valve haters who imagine EGS breaking the Steam dominance will somehow magically open the market to a million different digital stores (they're fools though, because if Valve goes down, it won't be GoG who wins, it'll be Origin/Win Store/UPlay/BNet/EGS who takes over, and I can promise none of those AAA devs will ever be as chill as Valve is).

Finally, I would bet money that Epic/Tencent has paid shills here, because at this point it is pretty much a given that game companies shill their shit here.

sorry faggot but you are the
>"within some corners of the internet"
everyone else already jumped off the sinking steam ship and are better for that

Attached: 1560938634238.jpg (1680x1306, 464K)

>contrarians are now defending trash like origin
Jesus Christ

Isn't DOTA owned by Valve?

When did anyone complain about fortnite being exclusive?

Reminder, the Epic shilling is by one contrarian seeking satisfaction from (you)s'

Attached: Screenshot_20190320-195414_YouTube.jpg (1080x563, 251K)

Someone was mad

>Most EGS "shills" are console plebs happy to troll PC gamers for once.
I'd wager that the significant majority are consoleplebs.
It's okay, they'll get hit back even harder when streaming kills consoles in a few years.

Name great games that have been made on the Unreal Engine.
Name great games that have been made on Source.

I rest my case. Epic won.

Oh no no, i'm not defending origin. NO STEAM NO BUY, please give gold

Edit: why is it trash tho, it's just like steam but it's not steam?

Try again Tim

Attached: Screenshot_20190418-171624_Firefox.jpg (1920x518, 479K)

It's actually the people who serve to benefit from EGS acceptance, obviously none of whom can be consumers. You do the math.

Attached: fellow-kids-social-media-blog-1080x675.jpg (1080x675, 342K)

cope

Attached: fixed.png (3386x1536, 2.35M)

pcbros spread the lie that it's a botned, spyware whatever
that's how they operate by using lies and fake news

Same reason EGS is trash. Less features, same prices. At least they have the decency of only putting their own games on it. If EGS is sucessful, you'll see Uplay and Origin start to make the same kind of exclusivity deals, and you'll need 5 launchers for all games in no time.

Look at how many good games are on steam.
Now look at how many "good" games are on epic.
Now look how GoG actually has Swat 4 for sale, unlike everyone else.
GoG automatically wins.

lol imagine having to shill this

>going off on a tangent proves my point
brilliant

reminder that epic buys x amount of copies then brags how x game sold a gorillion times

If only being a billionaire could buy you a non-receding hairline

BITCH NIGGER

Tick tock consolepleb.
Between Xcloud, Orion, Stadia, and PSNow it's pretty clear that consoles will be a thing of the past.

You can't put games that are on steam cheaper on other storefronts retard. That's against valve policy

>I love to play games that are older than me to appear like I am an hardcore gamer

But... it does?

Attached: elon_musk.jpg (474x349, 28K)

PSnow has been a deadfish since day 1 moron.

>Earlier this year, Metro Exodus’ developer revealed that as an Epic exclusive, their game had sold more than double what the previous entry managed on Steam.

What the fuck does this even mean Yea Forums? What fucking "previous entry" are they talking about?

Reminder

Attached: 1559929527848.jpg (986x681, 120K)

Are you implying that I'm 12 years old user? SWAT 4 came out in 2006. It's not THAT old.

Attached: 1559024696791.png (458x333, 126K)

The shitty entry that didn't break 100K

Some other Metro game. The headline is still dodgy though and the devil is in the details.

please can we have stories
or make a thread

>hair implants
>jaw implants
>height implants

Epic doesn't actually have unlimited money, and eventually they'll have to find some other means then holding games hostage to get people to use their store.

Oh and Microsoft is going to be bringing their games over to steam now, so that's them added into the steam column in addition to various JP devs and Bethesda. Epic has started a fight it really cannot hope to win.
Correct, oh and-
>>Konata
Blast from the motherfucking past over here. Is this thread waking some of the oldfags from their slumber?

You should read up on the investor meeting
They avoided talking about PC sales of exodus and people attending were told not to ask about it

They're STILL CITING the undefined Metro "success story" when they need to make Epic sound good

It means it sold around 3 000 000 copies on EGS. I can't even imagine how mad valve drones are right now

gamerevolution.com/news/541809-number-of-playstation-now-subscribers
Tick tock consolecuck.
Hope you're ready.

After looking at all of the basic features Epic is missing that pretty much every other platform has had for ages, and how they're more concerned with buying exclusives, I conclude that Steam tries to make people WANT to use it, while Epic tries to FORCE people to use it.

>everyone trying to make this a steam vs egs story
>It's actually just people hating/laughing at egs for being shit

Attached: 9bS68tb.png (564x228, 40K)

>"Giving the publishers a larger cut will help the consumer because they can sell the game for less"™
>Games actually cost the most on Epic
I can understand that these billionaire types think everybody who has to work for a living is retarded but come on, people aren't that retarded yet.

Attached: 1560379745648.gif (480x360, 3.34M)

Not hard with 3 years and almost 90 million consoles sold.
>tick tock
Cringe

Attached: DicksGoHere.jpg (1280x720, 442K)

Hear me out lads. EGS is the perfect storefront to house the second fiddle games that don't want to actually face competition in steam.

If you see a game exclusively on Epic then it tells you a few things:
>the devs aren't confident about its success
>the game went through development hell so they needed extra money to finish the final stretch
>the game is the lesser ripoff of a more popular game in a different platform

Steamspy was bought out by epic. The guy was actively collecting sales information for steam games and they used that as data for these sales figures.
Then as confirmed by SNK recently they bought out twice as many copies of metro exodus just to keep it exclusive in the store.

Its scummy as fuck and I'm glad the store is failing on all fronts.

Or it was pushed their by a greedy publisher trying to pull a double dip

Remember that EGS vs STEAM is not a thing. The only people that care are valve drones, because they know steam death is unavoidable and they are trying their best to cope with that. The rest is just people trolling valve monkeys

Remember when digital sales made up 5% of console sales?
Remember how they now make up over 60% of console sales?
Tick tock consolecucks, just like you lost on the physical vs. digital front, you will lose on the streaming front.
Because consoleplebs only care about convenience, if it means they can play CoD and Fifa on their phone with just a controller they'll gladly take a shittier experience.

Wingefors
- especially happy with the performance of #MetroExodus on digital platforms
- 'absolute majority' of the revenue comes from console platforms
- strong sales on both #PS4 and #XboxOne
- no comment on PC sales

>chinks calling others monkeys
rather an ape than a bug

Attached: 621512951052815821.png (677x1156, 674K)

Wingefors definitely doesn't want to talk about Epic Games Store. Metro Exodus did, after a small bit of hesitation, "a bit better than expected...in the beginning of the year". He's not excited. He bluntly discards the question of Satisfactory's sales performance on EGS lol.

I know SNK is telling the truth because there was another dev who daid the extra money comes from preorder numbers earlier this year. This means these dudes are buying hundreds of thousands of copies, then parading their sales figures around to attract other suckers. This has to be illegal asf.

Attached: 1541583609997.jpg (605x898, 116K)

Stadia affects PC too numbnuts.

Nope, PC already has 4 different streaming services, none of them have taken off because PC gamers don't want a shit experience.
The ones that don't care already bought consoles, and they'll hop on streaming just like they hopped on digital.
Tick tock.

Friendly reminder you can play Metro Exodus dirt cheap with the pass.

Yeah, but only the shitty part.

>I conclude that Steam tries to make people WANT to use it
That's been Valve's mission statement since day 1.

Back when PC gaming went under due to the rampant piracy, Tim and Epic just fucking left us to rot and started games for console instead. Gabe came up with this insane idea that you can beat piracy by giving the consumers a service that's so desirable that they will choose it over piracy.

So it was that exact philosophy that kept PC from just vanishing into nothingness. Other marketplaces followed suit doing something similar to their own successes.

Now here comes shitbird Tim fucking everything up, taking away all the features that people were buying into and literally forcing people to use his shitty service just so he and his cronies can have slightly more money per sale.

Attached: 1560805204188.png (683x1427, 403K)

There are no laws saying you are not allowed to buy thousands of copies of a game.
As for lying to investors about fake sales... I'm not sure on that one but I'm positive there are no laws for that either.
And they're in china. Whatever laws the US has they cannot be sued for in a million years.

Or I can pirate it for free.
Which I already did.
Unfortunately it kind of sucks.

Wtf is "improved offline mode"? I can play it online or i can turn my network adapter off, thats all. Or am i retarded?

>this is what zoomers belive

Attached: 426718291251.png (501x501, 37K)

>Now here comes shitbird Tim fucking everything up, taking away all the features that people were buying into and literally forcing people to use his shitty service just so he and his cronies can have slightly more money per sale.

Nah mate. Phil is trying his hardest to redeem Microsoft now but countering Tim.

Baulders gate 3 was almost a stadia exclusive

"Improved clarity and UI on how to use Offline Mode."

Yuri is offended

That's not how it works Tim.

The price limit between Steam and other suppliers/stores is strictly limited to Steam keys a developer/publisher generates.
This is because each Steam key is reliant on Valve for digital hosting, multiplayer features, cloud saves, etc.

If a developer publishes a game on steam and then generates steam keys to sell on other stores, then those steam key sales must match steam store prices.
However, if a dev publishes on Steam and then publishes on Windows store, the Windows Store prices do not have to match Steam, because Valve isn't managing the digital distribution or the multiplayer backend.
This is why Ubisoft will have sales on Uplay that aren't reflected on the Steam store. This is why the free giveaway for assassin's creed origin was only available through Uplay. Because Ubisoft handles all of their own distribution and multiplayer features through Uplay.
Ubisoft handles the backend for their own shit.

That's pretty fair really. If you don't want to handle distribution and hosting costs, you distribute your game through steam and they take a 30% cut of all sales through their store.
That valve gives devs the ability to generate their own keys to sell on other platforms (including their own home site) and doesn't charge a dime for this means that it's a pretty fucking sweet deal for a start up. Again, the only rule being that sale prices of games using STEAM KEYS must be reflected on Steam as well.
Some tranny wants to complain about 30%? Well then they can host the title themselves.

Ofc legal loopholes win again

No it wasn't.
Stadia won't get exclusives because that would be pointless.

Not that I care.

It probably only is if you entice investment with fake numbers and manipulate stock and whatever but that shit gets caught quickly, tho considering 2008 who the fuck knows if they care

Nice flag, shill. Maybe put "I'M TIME SWEENEY'S DILDO" in flahsing pink letters on it next time.

He's not wrong Yea Forums. Exclusives DO benefit gamers.

Just look at the exclusives PS and Xbox had during the hey-day of their competition.

>Some tranny wants to complain about 30%? Well then they can host the title themselves.

No, they are going to host them on epic or will fuck out of steam like EA/Origin. Unironically, no one wants to use steam but everyone is forced to. That's no longer the case tho

Just like destiny 2 (Latest DLC edition) was """""""""almost""""""""" a stadia exclusive.
Shut the fuck up retard

digital fixes issues with physical. streaming introduces more problems.

stop pushing your games as a service meme

He's full of shit.
Digital distribution as a whole has increased the revenue margin of videogames and it never benefited gamers.

>How will exclusives benefit gamers?
>"Well you see we buy exclusives and give the devs a better deal"
This faggot always falls back on saying it's good for the devs, but he can't actually say why it's good for gamers, because it's not

>Just look at the exclusives PS and Xbox had during the hey-day of their competition.
Oh boy here we go.

>everyone is forced to
How so?

I literally don't know anyone that plays or even bought WWZ.

Fuck off cunt. Not even the same thing

>digital fixes issues with physical.
No it doesn't, literally all it does is add convenience, and the same is true with streaming, since I don't need a console and can stream from any device.
In conjunction with 5G, you'll also be able to stream from anywhere.

It did. There is vastly more games each year, the more profitable industry the more people will participate in it or invest in it.

Every time he says gamers or consumers he really means publishers.

Nobody can argue against the fact that the 70/30 split indirectly, Sweeney, but I fail to see how the contractual exclusivity fits into this logic. The simple answer is that the exclusivity is an investment to bring digital store users to begin using your launcher. There's literal nothing beyond that.

Are we going to pretend that each time anyone is trying to start their own store it's not a shitstorm of "no steam no buy"? Or are you a zoomer and you don't remember that?

Absolutely 100% spot on.
This is what spoiled little faggots on Yea Forums fail to understand.
Epic fucked off to 360, while shitting on pc. Both Tim and Cliff called pc gaming a haven for pirates. Claiming no one would ever buy games when they had the option to pirate them. They did this after they released Gears of War 1 on pc via the shitty GFWL with a monthly sub fee, and no one bought the game (fun fact, anyone who did buy the game and didn't pirate it was fucked then GFWL shut down).

They gave up completely on the platform. Left it to rot. Valve stayed and supported the platform. Steam literally saved pc gaming, and as time went on they singlehandedly built a platform that saw pc gaming recover and surge to the front of the gaming market.
Now that there's money to be made here again, fuckwad Tim is all to happy to demonize and shit all over the very company that created this rennaissance, while also telling us gamers how stupid and entitled we are.
Fuck that fucking faggot Tim.

They didn't get any cheaper but instead just introduced more bullshit to rape people's wallets.
Benefit my ass.

fpbp

>There is vastly more games each year
Not really.
At least on consoles.
The PS2 had something like 4500 games compared to the PS4's 2000.
And that was WITHOUT digital distribution on PS2, so those were largely all boxed games.

Lmao why aren't you olympic runner? Anyone can run dude

Riddle me this Yea Forums.

If Tim believes in giving money to the developers so much then why didn't they just become a publisher themselves? This feels like such an amazing idea that I'm sort of baffled they went for a storefront instead.

Turns out if you offer neither lower prices nor better service there isn't a reason to use the store over Steam.
It just created more inconvenience and angles to have your data attacked (leaks/hacks/brutefroce attempts on your login).

lets see your kid break your digital copy
show me a digital copy with disc rot
how much does it cost to manufacture and package a digital copy

don't talk to me ever again

kek, those exclusivity are different from what epic is doing
microsoft and sony needed to fund and make good exclusive to sell their hardware
all epic is doing is paying to distribute already made games that they had nothing to do with on their platform for a year, nothing more

Imagine jumping in the hole.

He sounds like a fucking politician. Fuck off Tim.

They literally are.
Or are you going to tell me that paying developers to publish their game on their own store exclusively does not make them a publisher.

>5G will make it so you don't have to encode video and button inputs going to and from the streaming server
cool trick, i was unaware that was the case

>They didn't get any cheaper

Ever heard of inflation you fucktard? Games are getting cheaper each year, you're just too stupid to realize that

He wants to take over the entire videogame market, both PC and Consoles. Not publish games.
Watch his GDC 2019 keynote if you don't believe me.

>If Tim believes in giving money to the developers so much then why didn't they just become a publisher themselves?

Why actually have the financial risk of funding games at their onset which could fail to turn into anything when you can just pay off devs for nearly done games to come only to your store?

Let me see your kid break your streamed copy.
Show me a streamed game with disc rot.
How much does it cost to manufacture and package a streamed copy?

Don't talk to me ever again.

are we pretending any other store has matched steam in terms of UX?

Seems to be working out for GoG, Ubisoft, Ea and Activision. Pretty sure even Discord is climbing the mountain too.

There is one perfectly good reason, games that are not on steam.

What a fucking cuckold.

Based retard.

Distribution is not publishing

It doesn't matter because the market that consoles are aimed at values convenience above all else.
If they cared about the quality of the experience they'd be gaming on PC.

They already do publish. But publishers are more about taking money than giving it.

>Pretty sure even Discord is climbing the mountain too.

They gave up on their storefront

Don't even give a remote shit til you support linux to the degree that Valve does.

Attached: Steam-Linux-625x350.jpg (625x350, 27K)

Exodus still published by Deep Silver though.

wierd because in 2005 a tank of gas cost me 60 and a game cost me 60
yet now that same amount of gas costs me 70-75 and games range from 80-100 for the basic versions

explain that

Link?

Kys faggot

Attached: games are not getting any cheaper.png (1304x943, 133K)

>identical to digital purchasing but with additional input lag and potential for interruption

thanks for making my argument for me you idiot

Daily reminder that your sweet sweet GOG is actually going to help Epic once Galaxy comes out.

I wonder how you'll drones react by then.

It's still there

discordapp.com/sell-your-game

>jumping 1.5 seconds after hitting the jump button is convenience
>walking by a microwave and losing connection is convenience
>depending on an entire infrastructure of worldwide cables and sattellites just to play some vidya is convenient

wtf i love onlive now

my parents gave up on me and i'm still here, what's your point

Are you going to pretend that other storefronts don't exist? Shut the fuck up Tim.

Attached: 1561406307998.png (480x446, 259K)

>doesn't like steam because their 70/30 is disastrous
>has absolutely no problem with GOG
intriguing

EPIC SAVES DEVS FROM POTENTIAL BANKRUPTCY YOU FUCKING RETARDED DRONES

MORE DEVS MAKING MORE GAMES CAN ONLY BE GOOD

Except, again, a streamed game is more convenient since I don't need a console, I can play it anywhere where the internet is good enough, AND I don't even need to pay an additional fee for online pay on top of the fee I already pay.
PLUS I can easily just click one button on my phone and I'm off.
And don't sit here and pretend that consoleplebs give a fuck about input latency when the vast majority of them didn't notice the godawful latency in RDR 2.
Yep, for the consumer it absolutely is.
And again, consoleplebs ONLY care about convenience.
They don't give a fuck about input latency, if they did they wouldn't be using wireless peripherals, playing at 60Hz (or lower) playing 30 FPS games or playing without their TVs set to game mode (you'd be surprised how many people do this).

And how did you get that conclusion out of that post? Are you mental?

By how? People still have to buy from epic to begin with. GOG2 is just a launcher middleman. If anything all it means that EGS will still be a barren shit because he has an excuse to not bother with any features if you just want to use his launcher.

EA made a fuckton of money and their games are still shit. Many of the games the game studios by them had made bucktons and were still killed

So far it hasn't saved a single developer.
It killed the developers reputation so hard that nobody will ever buy a game from them again.

Long term monetary gain and good reputation > quick chink buck

Because of his other posts in the thread retard and while we're at it, cockmonkey, I'd like to point out that plenty of people are willing to buy DRM-free titles on GOG, the problem is that most Publishers don't want to release new stuff on GOG. Moreover, people buy shit on UPlay, they buy stuff on Origin even and neither of those storefronts attract anywhere near the amount of hate that the Faggyass EGS is getting right now.

Consider that for a moment, Epic is starting to be hated more then motherfucking EA.

Attached: 1426486036079.jpg (388x410, 58K)

GOG knows they can't compete with Steam directly so they do the next best thing.

They level the playing field for everyone else by making one massive launcher of launchers for people to use. Who cares about Steam's features when Galaxy just piles everyone up in one place?

>"just buy all that shovelware goy, don't worry about quality"
no

Well that's literally the same thing so we'll leave it at that.

But the discord thing actually is ingenius when you think about it. Allowing devs to make their own social server and then letting the users buy their game directly from them inside the chat room. I'm sure more fatures will come in the future because there's definitely something there.

Wonder what Discord's cut is though.

Imagine how shit you'd have to be to attract more ire from PC gamers than the guys who killed fucking Command and Conquer.
Mindboggling.

>It killed the developers reputation so hard that nobody will ever buy a game from them again.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM
pcgamesn.com/satisfactory/sales

kys subhuman chink

>Wonder what Discord's cut is though.
it was 70/30, but they were supposed to do 90/10 from 2019 onwards, dunno if that's in effect.

Discord's cut is only 10%, which is just even more indicative that all these fuckers care about is those stacks of exclusivity cash.

500k of which were bought by Epic.

Attached: iwonderwhoitcouldbe.png (639x515, 62K)

Fuck off to steam forum or leddit shill.

Attached: 1561284211088.jpg (644x875, 94K)

>500k copies bought by epic
Thanks for proving my point

Now subtract the 500k bought by Epic themselves.

>Only sold 7,274 unit

Top kek.

Meaningless when they don't disclose for how many copies epic paid them.

>spacing
you are a zoomer and a plebtard kys

So do good games. For some reason, modern devs are against that shit though and instead opt to make non games that are 1-way conversations about gay acceptance. The they wonder why they went bankrupt. Go figure.

Attached: Capture.jpg (705x483, 54K)

Cope steam drones, cope more. Steam is already dead

cope steamshill

satisfactory is going to sell better than factorio
and soon chivalry 2 will beat mordhau as well just like how WWZ beat Vermintide and L4D

Has no problem with literally any other store taking 30% (all of them)

Do you care about ants? Also, he's trying to make it industry standard.

>being this proud of being a chink dickrider
Pathetic

Attached: ECDCAA60-8CCA-471F-BE3D-8326C9B749B5.png (700x700, 324K)

>Discord's cut is only 10%
Well that makes sense. They're effectively just starage space at the end of the day.

Then all the devs have to do is have a 24h relationship with their fanbase, which is something lots of people want to have anyway.

I wish, unfortunately Epic is american company.

>Epic more hated than EA
It's just baffling to watch a man destroy the reputation of a company this quickly.

The real thing to look at here is how Epic behaves when they get a small amount of success.
Epic was pretty much a second rate studio with only GOW 1-3 being anything of note in over a decade, being relegated to relying on their Unreal engine to even stay in business.
Then they get one hit with Fortnite and they go full Stalin.
I just sit in wonderment and realize how much worse they would get if they had Valve's dominance of the digital distribution market.
I think it would kill pc gaming all over again.

I'd never complain about EA or loot boxes again, if it meant Epic would just go away.

How many people have been banned so far for buying more than one game during the steam sale?

Meanwhile the newest game published by Coffee Stain is on Steam, and doesn't even have an EGS page despite having a fucking Unreal dev grant.

midnightghosthunt.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/915810/Midnight_Ghost_Hunt/
steamcommunity.com/app/915810/discussions/0/1639787494973341955/

Attached: 1540904204425.png (186x163, 58K)

nah bro, he's just putting on airs

gazillion got killed because of legal fights over the rights to marvel characters wtf are you this retarded?

An american company owned by the chinese

banned? None, blocked for 15 minutes? One person

Well of course a massive cunt is gonna talk in favor of his own benefit.

Tencent has 40% ownership. Fortnite was the catalyst, the deep pockets of Tencent is what's fueling this shit however.

>it's real
What the fuck. Well that's going to the EGS soon.

An american company partially owned by chinese company.

did any dev actually go to epic store willingly? not talking about cyberpunk or vampire masquerade, i meant as an exclusive

A lot of no-name indie devs.
They all got rejected.

No. They were forced to by chinese army, what kind of question is this

>WWZ beat Vermintide
Vermintide 2 sold 1 million units in a little over a month on Steam m8.
WWZ has been out for like 3 months and still hasn't hit 1 million sold on PC.
That said, considering the devs already confirmed that the game peaked at 17k concurrent players on PC, the game most definitely didn't hit 700k units sold.
Most likely it sold around 200k and Epic made up the other 500k themselves, considering most of the games on steam that peaked at sub-20k didn't sell 700k units in a few months.
Fatal Bullet peaked at 21k concurrent players on Steam and it sold ~200k units by the middle of 2018 on PC.

It's an American puppet company but the hand up its ass is Chinese, not that Sweeney needs a hand up his ass to be a cunt.

Attached: 1557852897737.jpg (1095x1115, 842K)

>responding to obvious bait

Probably Supergiant. Though I think they forced themselves into it because they desperately needed money after Pyre flopped.

Notice that Hades is only exclusive to the EGS during early access. In fact, funnily enough, Klei is doing the same shit as well with their new game. Seems like the more high profile indie devs, besides Coffeestain, are trying to salvage their reputation a bit.

An American company with government linked chinese company as the single biggest shareholders.

Lying incel steam drone at it again
World war Z sold 2million copies

>That said, considering the devs already confirmed that the game peaked at 17k concurrent players on PC,

Source? First time I've heard of this.

The single biggest shareholder is tim.

not even with the actual fortnite game. they just made f2p PUBG a game mode and rode the meme wave

>On consoles
75% of their sales have been consoles

Is it implied that Steam fucks consumers over? How?

It's exactly what politicians do. Repeat a meme until a majority thinks it's a good idea

Unfortunately for him he's also trying to sell trickle-down theory to a bunch of communists

>but it's 2 million if you count console sales
Console sales are not relevant to the conversation. We're talking about pc game sales.

Why do you leftists want to genocide the white race?

Wake me up when Epic hits it big in Japan and they get nip games that aren't complete fuckups like Shenmue 3.

Reminder that threads like these:
c2.ftbucket.info/may/cont/may.2chan.net_b_res_649227900/index.htm
were fucking unheard of back then in 2chan. Now they have like daily Steam threads there.

That's how hard Valve pierced through that market.

What do Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo take from their store fronts?

WWZ sold 2 million units on all platforms, devs already confirmed that of their peak concurrent of ~70k, roughly 67% were on consoles and 33% were on PC.
venturebeat.com/2019/04/23/world-war-z-passes-1-million-copies-sold-in-a-week/
>“Overall the U.S. and EU have been equally strong in sales. We have had 70,000 people playing at once across all platforms, with very similar distribution among PC (Epic Games Store), PS4 and Xbox."
The peak concurrent on PC is 23k max, ~15k minimum.
Considering the usual makeup for these kinds of games, around 17k (50% PS4, 25% XB1, 25% PC) makes sense.
No game that peaks at 23k players is selling 700k units in a few months, that just doesn't happen.

Didn't he say himself that his cut was unsustainable?

Because white people are anti-sex and stupid.
Plus, white feminism is corporate cancer used to silence dissent, so it needs to die.

No, that's just a lie that steam drones like to spread because they have no arguments

This is the joke about EGS too. Valve gets shit on for not "curating" their store, but who the fuck actually cares about this except games journalists and trannys who want to sell their shitty rpg maker game?
Sure steam could do better in this front, but I've literally never had an issue finding the game(s) I'm looking for.
EGS on the other hand, rejects those shitty tranny rpg maker asset flips and yet these were probably the very people defending the 15% cut.
I'd rather have the mild inconvenience of sifting through some shitty asset flips than see a good game be rejected by some faggot gatekeeper.

Steam has refunds. Do your research, then if you find you hate the game you've bought, despite having done research, get a fucking refund.

He made a twitter post wondering how it is possible Valve covers transaction fees because Epic doesn't since their 12% isn't actually sustainable

>The peak concurrent on PC is 23k max, ~15k minimum.
That seems insane to me. No wonder Epic doesn't have player tracker charts like Steam.

Valve is the only one stupid enough to have something as scary as transparency dictate the success of games.

Not after Tencent comes in.
Epic does not consist only of Tim and Tencent, there is still other firm that have shares in Epic, including Disney.

So you're telling me that, by extension, your own boss lied?

The shit indie devs defend EGS because they are hoping for that sweet payout when Tim buys 100k copies for them

If we follow your logic that would mean they also lied about console sales.

You don't have to cope with autism, 700k is not that much

I think that's exactly his plan.
He'll inflate that hype bubble as hard as he can and sell what he shares to Tencent.

>players is selling 700k
People forget that the game also was given away for those who bought amd gpus.

Yes, that's what i meant

Exclusives,no. But the market competition is great for consumers as it should lead to better prices and more choices.

>If we follow your logic that would mean they also lied about console sales.
Or more likely they're including the codes that were given away with AMD GPU purchases as sales even if the vast majority of them were either put up for resale or never used.

If you're talking about individuals, then no shit he is.