PlatinumGames says no DLC planned for Astral Chain, intended to be a trilogy

>It sounds like Astral Chain won’t be getting any DLC after launch. However, we could be seeing more from the IP in the future.

>Speaking with IGN Benelux, director Takahisa Taura was asked about the possibility of extra content following release. While he shot that down, he noted that PlatinumGames is thinking about Astral Chain as a trilogy. We could see it turn into a proper series if the first game sells well, he said.

>Taura’s full words:

>“Currently, there are no plans to publish extra content for Astral Chain. That is different for the game’s story. We’re making the game as a trilogy, and this is the first part of that trilogy. If this game sells well, we might see how the story of the series continues.”

>nl.ign.com/astral-chain-nintendo-switch/115354/feature/exclusief-astral-chain-interview-met-takahisa-taura-e3-2019
>nintendoeverything.com/platinumgames-says-no-dlc-planned-for-astral-chain-intended-to-be-a-trilogy/

Attached: astral-chain-art-1-656x369.jpg (656x369, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_U_video_games
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Planned as a Trilogy

Attached: 1448516527748.png (1153x823, 127K)

Should be fine as long as it's not a TW101-tier flop.

They should focus on finishing the other Trilogy first.

WHERES BAYO 3?

Attached: 1474088765449.jpg (800x733, 80K)

>no DLC
>planned sequels
Oh no no no, I can't believe Nintendo"""bros""" defend this shit.

If we dont have any patches we will have the full game physical. Not holding my breath though.

>No Bayo 3
>No third game in the Red Hot trilogy
>No third game with Jack Cayman

>wants 50 DLC instead a good sequel
kill yourself

>planned trilogy
Yeah no, this is a red flag if I saw one

There's no way this game will perform well enough to get 3 games.

Yeah, I have horrifying memories of era when we used to get fully released games on launch too.

>trilogy

Attached: j4lzqbp2u7u21.png (1905x1015, 1.92M)

>S-shut up, stop making fun of us, aaah

Attached: 1459367604093.jpg (582x507, 59K)

Attached: 5Eyy4B8.png (1316x1422, 952K)

>planned as trilogy
>Needs to sell well to get another game
Lol

Attached: 1555324258860.jpg (130x127, 7K)

Bayonetta 2 was cancelled until Nintendo came in and decided the series would become a trilogy. Platinum might already have negotiations in place.

they irony is that game is funding by nintendo. Lol
If this game get more than 2 millions Nintendo will fund the next and the third and the foruth and the fith...and the 100th

yes, that is how video games work in general

Bayonetta 2 didn't sell very well either though, most of all Platinum games have been more or less flops. Maybe success of Nier Automata has given them new optimism.

>planning game as a trilogy
it's gonna bomb, guaranteed.

Bayonnetta Switch ousold the WiiU version but still was a third port. WTF did people expect?.
People are waiting Bayo3 and astral chain right now.

Not really. Kingdom Hearts 2 pretty much had to have it's whole ending retconned just to justify why they'd even need another game.

They literally said that they don't and the next two games in their planned trilogy depends on the sales of this game. think Too Human, or Psi-Ops.

>2 millions
even if they lie and slap FROM THE CREATORS OF NIER AUTOMATA all over every piece of marketing it won't break 300k.

are people pretending to be upset the whole game will be available on the day of release

I meant 'negotiations' as in 'if it sells at least [x] amount of copies, we'll greenlight a sequel'. Might not be too many since for example Nintendo has kept funding Fatal Frame for a decade which sells very little each time.

That's all well and good but they better make sure bayo 3 comes out before astral chain 2 or I am going to rage

No, read the thread if you want to know what people are upset about

>it won't break 300k.
seething

So, when they gonna make sequel of TMNT?

Attached: 916psmrhT+L._SX466_.jpg (466x536, 85K)

True, they are upset it's on switch

>Planned as a trilogy
>WHEN PLATINUM GAMES HAS LITERALLY NEVER BEEN ABLE TO FUCKING FINISH A TRILOGY

Yep.
Thats the real answer

I'm gonna buy it but Nintendo's lack of push and the general lack of interest makes it pretty damn clear that this isn't gonna be a trilogy

Bayonetta 3 is coming soon guys. I swear.

Wtf I love dlc now

I heard it's release date will be announced in next Nintendo Direct, along with SMT5's release date and announcement of Bannerlord's Switch port.

Alright fair enough, maybe an exaggeration but if Bayonetta 2 sold 400k this will obviously do less. It's a new IP, very niche, no Smash promotion, no real marketing push.

I don't think switch could handle bannerlord from a cpu perspective
>general lack of interest
Interest shot up massivly during the treehouse stream when the director took the controler

>September Nintendo direct
>Nier Automata for October
>Wonderful 101 remaster for January
>Bayonnetta 3 - February
>ScaleBound out of Knowhere
>And One last thing

I hope because they said since March-April: "This is the year of Platinum", but Ok you just brought only 1 game, where are the rest of year Platinum speeches????

>trilogy
Jumping the gun a bit for a game that's not really picking up attention.

>seething harder

>Interest shot up massivly during the treehouse stream when the director took the controler
Ehhh.... maybe? Even at an "expert" level the gameplay didn't exactly look that fast paced or deep

it's fine to plan but at least make sure the first game has a proper ending in case it does not sell

still. looking forward to it

Attached: Switch_ASTRALCHAIN_E3_artwork_13 resized.jpg (2577x5497, 1.52M)

IE
>Nintendo came and held the franchise hostage to make sure no one else could have it
RELEASE BAYO 2 ON FUCKING PS4 ALREADY YOU LAZY FUCKS

Stop portbegging

>300k
so as much as splatoon :^)

This is a false flag, right?

>expect one good game
>get three good games instead
BASED

Based. The game looks fun and I hope it's good.

Attached: 1560603988629.png (1200x1186, 958K)

Inb4 no one buys it and they do dlc

Why would they do DLC if nobody buys it?

>>get three good games instead

Automata was cruising off Taro's ability to suck corporate dick just like Revengeance was because of Metal Gear. Enjoy your eternal cliffhanger.

To scrape shekels back from the 4 people on v who actually bought it

>trilogy
If that means that the game ends of a cliffhanger then fuck everything.

Oh no... not more games!

This.
Where are the movies?

Kojima got you covered

so this game may be part of a trilogy if it sells well?

it's a part of Platinumverse

Are we getting some big Platinum crossover game in the future?

Yes. It'll be Platinum Kart Racing.

>Instead of Blue Shell, it's Kamiya who blocks you from the game

Do planned trilogies ever turn out well?

It's not a good idea to bring up Kingdom Hearts when discussing how a story across multiple video games should work and that's coming from a fan who played every game.

Metroid Prime

>We could see it turn into a proper series if the first game sells well, he said.
>Platinum Games
>selling games

He pretty much just confirmed this will be a stand alone title.

>a Kamiya wall literally pops up in front of 1st place with a random block message

Anarchy Reigns already exists.

?????

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_U_video_games

Ok newfriend, let me explain. Before Splatoon come out someone said that it would have flopped really bad and that he would have eaten "a bag of dicks and crows" if Splatoon sold more then 300k worldwide.