How can one game with so many flaws still be so based?

How can one game with so many flaws still be so based?

>The weight system is trash
>The wardrobe and stashing outfits on horses is trash
>All of the cut Love Interests mechanic for Arthur
>You cannot close your winter coats in the "modify" section in the wardrobe
>There is no formal suit outfit, you have to make a half-assed one yourself
>You cannot get rid of your guns permanently or stash them so you don't have to flip through so many
>No reward (other than satisfaction) for fully customizing the camp
>It can be a hassle to get the ingredients for ammo or tonics
>You can't sprint in camp like you can in Beecher's Hope
>The missing pitchfork at Beecher's Hope
>You can't even take a bath in your own Ranch house
>Beard grows unevenly
>You lose honor for defending yourself from non gang NPCs
>The Trapper is useless and does not provide many in-game stats
>When you are hunting for a specific (non legendary) animal, it decides to never show up or show up as a one star

Attached: RDRII.jpg (498x615, 73K)

>you lose honor defending yourself from non gang NPCs
Only if you kill them iirc. Also, if you don't pull a gun when you get shot at you can manipulate the A.I law enforcement to kill people sho start shooting at you.

>hunting
This is simply confirmation bias
The animal spawns don't have an advanced sensor that reads your mind and despawns shit when you want to find a specific animal.

>you can't take a bath in your own house
This is very stupid especially since Beecher's Hope does have a fully furnished bathroom. Imagine Abigail coming to give you a nice rub and tug too for the ''special bath''.

>All of the cut Love Interests mechanic for Arthur
What?

>You cannot get rid of your guns permanently or stash them so you don't have to flip through so many
I really hate this shit
in rdr 2 you can only take skin from animal with animation when in first game you can take animal skin and meat with animation
fucking SOULLESS

The mash X to use the horse mechanic is trash, especially since it’s still pretty slow.

Beechers Hope is an utter failure. It should feel more like the camps. You should be able to replenish food and ammo. Imagine being able to buy food for the house and the kitchen gets full. You should also be able to bring Abigail animal carcasses like with Pearson so she can put it into her meals.

>fucking Soulless
Agreed, RDR1 was soulless with it's lack of skin extraction animation.

I think it's a good idea to make horses feel more than just horse shaped cars.

Many months ago, there was a leaker who (accurately) leaked most of the story and features the game would have. One of them was that Arthur could romance Mary-Beth and/or Charles. This was proven to be true due to some cut dialogue and you can see some of the tension from those characters from chapter 2 and 3.

bullshit

>Mary-Beth and/or Charles
>Charles
wtf? Glad they cut it, Don't need faggot shit in a western.

Attached: 1550339771422.jpg (400x400, 24K)

I'm not gay or anything, but Charles is pretty based and would theoretically make a good partner for anyone.

and Mary-Beth is a cute

>give niggers and spics zero depth or development to prevent people screaming racism
>brainlets praise them as the best characters

hey fuck you the wardrobe is great

Attached: 2019-01-24_1-18-00_AM-qk1ykf3i.jpg (3840x2160, 1.23M)

The biggest Flaw was people thinking Micah was a rat the entire game.
Also the fact Arthur hated Micah from the start and even when being nice he still antagonizes unless it was Guarma.

wrong, button mashing to run is one of the best things about R* games

Biggest problem is the survival shit is too trivial. You can just refill your cores by sleeping so why was the feature even included. It’s like there’s no reason to really care about food other than immersion purposes. Even then cooking meat is really easy and refills your cores. I just feel like so much of this game doesn’t add anything to the experience. It also sucks that you are hardly ever in Ambarino, so you can wear the outfit for hot weather basically all the time.

did you even play the game?

Uhh...yes? What did I say that was wrong?

Holy shit get rid of the bandolier and easily 10/10

To run, yes. Using it for the horse is overkill

yeah

just turn on cinematic mode or use fast travel lmao

That's a load of crap. The devs said themselves arthur was going to form a relationship with sadie but not long before release they decided it didn't quite work for them so they cut many scenes & an extra couple missions between the two. They said you can still see a hint of a connection between them near the end of the game, also including some dialogue where sadie talks about arthur like she's falling for him.

That didnt fit but all the hamfisted politics did

Really jiggles your jellies

Well yeah, that’s the problem. I shouldn’t feel the need to do that. I don’t like using fast travel in open world games but in this game it’s like they wanted long horse travel to be as annoying as possible

Good thing they didn't.
Sadie is insufferable.

>You can't even take a bath in your own Ranch house
This one triggered me the most desu

>I shouldn’t feel the need to do that

>The horses are too hard to control!
>Well, you can turn down the complexity by doing this
>NO I DON'T WANT THAT

okay

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 37K)

Everything about the post game sucks. Playing as John just feels like dumb fan service and not something that really fit. Plus his model in this game really sucks, you lose the ability to swim, you lose most of the call features. It’s also a bummer that the railroad and timber companies are both totally gone, making the world feel a lot more lifeless.

The character change was pretty cool in the first game but here it feels really forced and like a downgrade.

it isn't more or less political than any R* game really. This was never going to be a gritty hard examination of the racist west, lil' zoomie

There is no complexity in tapping A over and over and over.

Imagine being this much of a cuck

Pretty sure Arthur's voice actor said it was Abigail. This is evidenced in the game like when Arthur opined he should have married and settled down with her at one point in his journal. Also makes sense that it would have been removed for being too out of place cause of her relationship with John whereas Sadie wouldn't have been that out of place.

The bland free roam music was a disappointment, especially compared to RDR1

and yet here you are complaining

I'm just saying what the developers said. I can see the sadie thing far more then the Abigail thing. If there was an Abigail thing I imagine it happened during the year when John left, before the game starts

Wrong. Rockstar parodied poltics, but never had you doing.womens marches and teaming up with indian nigger mutts

Nice source

It’s tedious, not hard or complex.

okay GTAIV has you go on a boat picnic with a gay guy

but you asked for a feature literally already in the game

This game reeks of cut content all over the place. Homes with signs for sale that probably were meant to be bought, the railroad company was probably meant to be more involved than it was, valentine is really detailed but the other cities have few interiors, new austin is empty as fuck. And it does indeed feel like romance options were intended at some point but dropped.

And what is that

not having to tap when riding the horse, keep up.

cinematic camera is shit and so is fast travel, neck yourself

Attached: 1486130205994.jpg (2592x1944, 512K)

ah yes the same "leaker" that said you'd be able to force horses to have sex
that guy wasn't even credible

nah Roger said the cut stuff was with Sadie, but he also replied to a comment about a guy who asked the same thing about Abigail, so that's why you're probably confused.

You win. I couldn't have even imagined such a response

fast travel is great when it's implemented right, like in rdr2

Read Arthurs journal you stupid fucking nigger

i haven't played the game i just jumped in randomly with a dog pic, does it do that bullshit where if you were to walk to a town it would take 5 minutes but if you fast travel it takes 1 hour? Honestly my biggest gripe about fast travel.

But you do have the tap to go a decent speed on the horse. I don’t want to have to turn the gameplay totally off to make horse riding tolerable. It would be nice if simply playing it wasn’t so tedious

but it isn't tedious

also the horse maintains the speed you set it to in cinematic mode

Access to fast travel in openworld games should be limited to, from cities and towns to cities and towns.

pc version when?

not even worth it unless they patch the horrible control input lag

only exists on left stick movement