It's crazy how well this game still holds up 25 years later

It's crazy how well this game still holds up 25 years later.

Attached: file.png (1069x930, 693K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X9_x5TpSlRc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The ending is pure kino and actually made me cry when Shadow decided to kill himself.

Yeah out of the whole super nintendo FF games FFVI has definitely aged the best.
Although nowadays I think IX is better

bait

Plot is pretty bogus, but everyone aside from Kefka has ample motivation, and the storytelling is brisk and varied.
The game isn't all that challenging, but then, not a lot of the greatest JRPGs are.

Music and settings are still fucking grand.

I was half expecting that the flowers would be edited into etika

Well, there IS a scene where Celes jumps off a cliff in a suicide attempt...oh my.

Someone make this.

V was better gameplay and storywise

'no'

No it doesn't. It lacks compared to Square's other SNES RPGS. FFV, Chrono Trigger, Trials of Mana, Bahamut Lagoon all are better than FFVI. And that's just within Squaresoft. Other companies surpassed FFVI in its own generation too, with games like Tales of Phantasia and Shin Megami Tensei II. Face it, the only reason FFVI is even talked about today is because it was babby's first Final Fantasy game. People today STILL insist on calling it FFIII, over a decade after FFIII proper came out in the West. The lekefkawins twist is the only memorable thing about the game and other games had more shocking turns (chrono dying, byuu getting cucked so hard he begins to eat shit off the ground, ect).

>Bahamut Lagoon
The only reason anyone even remembers that this exist is because of the cuck shit

That's because barely anyone in the west played it and the cuck stuff is the easiest thing to meme to people who never downloaded the translation patch. Bahamut Lagoon is a great game with a unique battle system, good customization in terms of team comp and dragon training and a pretty good story and music. The game was ahead of its time, which is more than can be said of FFVI, which was a step backwards from FFV's job system freedom.

No it doesn't. You only feel that way because you played it in your youth. Show this game to any actual young kids today and they'll be repulsed by it from graphics alone.

I fail to see what is special about it. It's like 2nd easiest in the series, you don't have job freedom of V or materia from VII. Music is great, yes, but point me to any FF where that isn't the case. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, but it isn't some masterpiece either.

Also, it had the best Alexander music, Soken fags need not apply youtube.com/watch?v=X9_x5TpSlRc

>"RPG"
>can't customize stats and are forced into specific party comps for large parts of the story
FFVI and FFIV are the worst games in the series. Worse than FFXV.

magicite is all about stat customization you limp dicked contrarian

>implying magicite even matters until after WoR
That's why I said large parts of the story retard.

>job freedom of V or materia from VII
aka "every character is the fucking same and it doesn't matter who you choose because you can stack the strongest everything on anyone you want"

It aged fairly well but not THAT greatly. The setpieces are astounding and you can tell they put genuine passion into them, but anything inbetween just sucks, I never really understood what people saw in FF combat pre 7, I just think it aged badly period.

III and V had flexible job systems that allowed you to make unique party builds. VI is missing that and that's why it aged worse than FFIII, an NES game.

Characters still had different stat and growth rates so characters were better at certain roles than others. Vincent for example was much better as a caster than he was as an attacker and while you could use Materia to shape him in different ways, his physical stats would always be lower than Cloud's. What you're thinking of is FFVIII's Junction system.

FF VI allows you to do literally anything with your party memebers. The only thing that makes a difference are limits.

FFV is more fun

>the opera scene is one of the most iconic scenes in FF6, and in the franchise overall
>the music sucks
>I don't care about these characters
>it's taking so long
>I have to sit here to scroll the text
>just let me play

It doesn't.

And yet some autist out there loved it so much that he ripped it off for his own game.

Attached: Oh!OneTrueLove.png (640x480, 15K)

Undertale is not even a game. It's an interactive cartoon made by fags for fags.