Why do I keep seeing people say "the internet is freaking out" about Atelier Ryza...

Why do I keep seeing people say "the internet is freaking out" about Atelier Ryza? Atelier seems decently popular since the games keep getting localized but I've never seen anything on the level of "freaking out." Is it just because her design is more lewd than usual? That's all I can come up with. Is this game going to draw a bunch of annoying people into the Atelier fanbase?

Attached: ryza.jpg (316x276, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2019/05/atelier-ryza-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc
youtube.com/watch?v=-pGNAlaEVDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Why do I keep seeing people say "the internet is freaking out"
Translation: here's a couple of tweets, here's my journo article clickbait so you give me views.

Stop reading this trash.
Stop reading twitter clickbait threads.
Stop reading clickbait threads on Yea Forums.
Stop reading trash journo articles.
Stop feeding this cycle of fabricated, artificial drama designed to keep people screaming at each other forever while untalented hacks make money off the engineered outrage.
Nobody is "freaking out", there's not "drama", there is never any "controversy", when you see shit like this it always, always means "GIVE ME ATTENTION AND CLICK HERE", be it on the internet in general, or Yea Forums.
Stop feeding them, they're leeches.

seething

>Is it just because her design is more lewd than usual
Yes. Thighs are the new "in" thing with pandering anime designs. Expect to see more in the future.

She's been getting a ton of fanart, especially for an Atelier character.

/thread

The hype will die down when they found out the game is shit anyway.

Where else can one look to see designs with such thighs?

FPBP

The game will flop since there is no jiggle physics. I blame Basedny

I can't believe normalfags managed to ruin even the atelier threads.

How so?

You made this exact thread already

>Is this game going to draw a bunch of annoying people into the Atelier fanbase?
Yes. Doesn't seem like they want to keep the existing fanbase either, so that will just be the new one.
You're late, Yea Forums's Atelier threads were terrible long before this.

Do you memorize every thread that ever gets posted on the board? Get a life, man. I saw some guy on Yea Forums who recognized a thread I posted over a year ago. What the fuck?

>Doesn't seem like they want to keep the existing fanbase either
Why do you think so? The gameplay is still the same as usual.

Because it's basically Pyra. They thought, 'Pyra is super popular, we want one of those.'

Attached: ugyt769.png (1280x720, 1.21M)

Gameplay is far from everything these games offer, and even then it can vary greatly even between entries within one trilogy.
Not that we've actually seen any gameplay so far.

What else do these games offer? Genuinely curious as to what you are implying.

I want one of those too

Wow. That definitely sucks. I'm so sad thinking about all the extremely sexy girls with extremely sexy thighs we're going to get.

The rest seems the same too. The graphics, the characters and the tone of the story from what we know so far. I genuinely don't understand what could turn you off as a fan.

The design isn't even really lewd, people just really like it. Any "outrage" is manufactured or comes from people that literally have an inferiority complex around cartoons.

Twitter exploded with art.
There has never been an atelier game with a fraction of the attention this one has gotten.

Game isnt even out yet and it has more art than every other atelier game combined.

Attached: 1545273032006.png (850x1200, 616K)

it's not hard to remember because reposts are so common here

Twitter also wasn't as popular a place to post art when the old Atelier games were out. People used to use Pixiv.

Its more like pixiv hadn't shit the bed yet and all the nips didn't quit it in droves.

Attached: 1553599238000.png (857x1200, 1.38M)

What happened to pixiv? I've been living under a rock.

How about it being a sausage fest as if they're trying to make it an otoge when it's clearly not the case.
The story sound like a worse version of Firis, which is when they were basically told to fuck off with that.
With Lulua it was clear they actually wanted to please their fans, yet now It's like they're just throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks.

Bunch of shit
>Pulled the facebook "we own all your images you upload"
>Became gaijin friendly which led to tons of really shitty western art spammed on it and nip artists getting harassed by asshurt westerners
>Never really improved their searching functions, just tossed a paywall over advanced searching
>Chinks started reuploading other peoples shit and pixiv refused to do any thing
Theres always the drama/rumors of peoples stuff getting deleted too

So this confirms my theory that this isn't any more popular than the other Atelier games (which don't get me wrong, are popular), it's just more visible to westerners because Twitter is more widely used.

Still better than a largely unindexed fucking personal blog platform that never was and still isn't intended for distributing art. God I hate those stupid japs, couldn't they move somewhere not shit.

Dozen autists on Yea Forums is not the whole internet, user

a very good first reply and all that needs to be said

user getting more art than every single other game combined before it even comes out means its a hell of a lot more popular than the other Atelier games.

Hell even on pixiv alone it has more art than any other game already.

Attached: 1550431523297.png (849x1200, 1.26M)

Based jap artists

Well, Patreon also did not exist back then so there were less thirsty people commissioning art like the picture you posted.

VARIS

Thick thighs are an aphrodisiac.

Attached: cab986b4ff1ff5fe7e4f260f77fa0c93.jpg (2475x3508, 1.48M)

What situation would require her to be in this position?

Maybe that's why they gave her such a banging body. To make up for everyone else being a guy.

>this game will ruin the fanbase
>but also the fanbase was already ruined
??? Which is it?

See

Well I still don't understand why the threads were supposedly bad before.

From initial information it seems they're trying to go more in the direction of generic RPGs again, right?
>“For players, the feelings of familiarity and relief [in games staying the same] have gradually become a groove that haven’t been able to get out of, so this time there is big change at the core of the game.”
>“Our goal is for Atelier Ryza to utilize all of our experience thus far, what makes our games interesting, and what we do best, while also challenging the game systems. Since we are evolving and revising various parts, I think it will be a game of considerable change.”
>“Since both the story and systems are changing, some players might be dissatisfied, but we’re prepared for that. But this is the first step towards a new Atelier, so we want people to experience it.”
gematsu.com/2019/05/atelier-ryza-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc

Also,
>“The concept itself was developed alongside Atelier Lulua. Full-blown development began around July 2018 at about the same time as Atelier Lulua.”
This implies the team working on Atelier Lulua isn't involved with this one. I'm keeping my expectations low as the other recent Atelier games besides Lulua have been mediocre, and the people who made Lulua great specifically didn't work on this one.

based

Attached: 1537596412566.webm (1920x1080, 1.06M)

>and the people who made Lulua great specifically didn't work on this one
Kind of obvious really.

Difference is, Pyra has no ass. Ryza is a complete package.

Even so, I haven't yet seen anything that constitutes a major departure, or really a departure at all. As for the user complaining about there being too many male characters, we don't even know if the newly introduced ones will be party members, nor have we seen every character already. Most Atelier games end up having a gender-balanced cast.

It seems like regardless of whether people like this game it's going to sell really well which is going to convince them that it's the correct way to take the series.

gust fans will eat it up without question like they always do and kt will continue using gust as a cash cow.

It's hust basedboy speak for people like a thing.

I would think Warriors makes KT more money.

Still better than KT closing Gust because only a handful of nerds buy the games. If we occasionally get a Lulua I can handle the rest of Gust's output being mediocre.

Lulua (the 4th game in the most popular series) came out 15 minutes ago.

They've introduced 2 female and 7 male characters so far.

Seems kind of strange that they would want to make drastic changes when every Atelier game sells pretty damn well and they have nothing to lose by continuing in that groove, and nothing to gain from trying to get out of it.

Also, why would they want to make it a generic RPG when the alchemy thing is the whole thing that makes Atelier stand out from generic RPGs?

fat thighs

>one 20 second teaser and like 8 gameplay images
>almost 700 hits on the boorus
Is this the power of thick thighs?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (850x889, 230K)

/thread

At least two of those male characters are such unimportant NPCs they didn't even get screenshots or artwork. And since this time they introduced three male characters at once, it's possible next time they'll introduce a bunch of female ones.

Bold, yet powerful.

The changes they mention are not as significant as they might sound like. There will always be an alchemy system, a turn-based battle system, exploration with various areas filled with gathering points and visible enemies to get materials for synthesis, party members with a friendship levels raising which unlocks their events and ending, and all the stuff that makes Atelier its own thing.

I'm not sure why anyone is worried really? Aren't male Atelier characters usually pretty awesome?

I like them, but one user was worried about Gust trying to turn Atelier into an otome game with Ryza even though it doesn't really make sense since they already said there'll be no romance and if their aim was mainly to attract female players, they wouldn't have made the MC so fanservicey. I'm sure the cast will be balanced as usual and that if there's a reason why they introduced more male characters so far, it's so that new female characters wouldn't be overshadowed by Ryza or, conversely, steal her spotlight. There's less of a chance of that if they wait a little.

>Aren't male Atelier characters usually pretty awesome?
Some are good but mostly no.
Ryza's red-haired friend already looks like the most repulsive character in the entire franchise.

use sΩy

"Somegay"?

lel

youtube.com/watch?v=-pGNAlaEVDg

"THE NEW BOWSETTE"