Does a great remake invalidates the original game?

Attached: resident-evil-remake.jpg (896x504, 47K)

No.
Only if the original game was an unfinished mess with potential that was never truly explored.
RE, for example, is a finished, complete game that was a system seller back in it's day.
It still retains a number of features and unique propeties to it that aren't present in the remake.
When a remake of an altery good game comes out, and it's also good, the two games simply coexist.
Brainlets think in absolutes and can only pick one because they're brainlets.

What? No, it simply expands on the content and universe for fans. It's an aside. An offer of more. RE2 (1998) remains my favorite game of all time.

Attached: 744223B4-2FFA-46C1-A952-D03E6FB4B85A.jpg (1786x2048, 609K)

No, even RE1 should still be played. It is not the same as REmake

Attached: cafe.webm (640x480, 2.35M)

This. I cant believe there are people who dont play RE1

Attached: 0F47A437-4527-46C4-B6B3-11243FF2AC51.jpg (1396x2048, 497K)

when i was a child i thought the game was president evil and the zombies are servants of an evil president of the usa

Attached: 1558535465771.jpg (494x363, 24K)

I used to read huge plot guides about Silent Hill and Resident Evil on GameFAQs by a guy named President Evil. He would write like thesis-sized documents about each game, and this was in ~2000

Aside from the REmakes 1 & 2, I can't think of any game where the remake doesn't make the original considerably obsolete.

Maybe Majora's Mask 3D and MGS1, but I think that's just personal tastes.

Claire is so beautiful goddammit

>Aside from the REmakes 1 & 2, I can't think of any game where the remake doesn't make the original considerably obsolete

Please fuck off holy shit

Name some.

Of course not.

RE2 is in the best possible position where the Remake is great, but doesn't utterly replace the original. They're both great in their own merits.

>50hz

See, as someone who does play RE1, I get why people just do REmake. It's an improvement in every conceivable way, without being majorly altered.

Yes.

Bumping thread for RE discussion

RE2make didn't replace RE2 like REmake replaced the original Resident Evil.

Why is Claire so cute?

She's a young one, with a fire inside. She tries so hard too

Attached: I win.jpg (1920x1080, 451K)

It couldn't be the same. Remaking a 20 year old game is very different from remaking a 5 year old game

Not when its worse than the original game,RE2 is one example

nope

because now, RE2 PS1 is a DIFFERENT GAME than fucking REmake2.

fucking shits, the A and B paths were PERFECT and you FUCKED IT UP!!!!!!!!! its still a good fucking game, but its not a REMAKE.

Are nu claire faga the same idiots that think tifas nerfed tits are ok too? She looks retarded.

>she looks retarded
And you *are* retarded. She looks like a real girl

Attached: question.jpg (1920x1080, 873K)

Most remakes don't invalidate the original. Here's 1 dev: Oot and Majoras mask, n64 versions massively preferred. SMB3 is much better on NES. Almost nobody plays SMB Deluxe instead of the original. Fire Red and Leaf Green didn't replace Red Blue, not did heart gold/soul silver.

That's off the top of my head. Your statement was inane.