Dark Souls Thread

Am I supposed to not use slow weapons like greatswords or great hammers? Feels like monsters are too fast to get hit by more than one swing and I can get more damage in by swinging a weaker weapon multiple times. And swings use less stamina so I can always safely roll away. Whenever I struggle with some enemy I switch to the Black Blade and win easily, but it's not fun.

Attached: 1530942859808.png (1276x905, 1.63M)

Yes, 3 is the worst Souls because of that. Why use literally anything if straight swords are OP and everything else is a handicap.
I wish Miyazaki didn't cater to the circlejerk and kept improvements that 2 brought to the table.

Just use a weapon you enjoy using fag.

Use whatever weapon you want, you can beat the game with anything.

I had the same issue so cheated and duped souls and went to level 300+ instantly.
Now I can tank anything and can smack stuff with my massive axe.

Attached: 1527725297809.jpg (840x544, 58K)

You shouldn't be min maxing. Just pick something you eanna roleplay with. It's possiblr with anything and you can summon when having a hard time with a boss.

2 is even more unbalanced in favoring light weapons though

not true at all, great club is one of the best pve weapons in the game. and plenty of other big weapons are very good too

REGULAR CLUB IS BEST WEAPONFU

nah greathammers slam down some of the most annoying monsters

Greatswords are fine as long as you two-hand them with decent armor. They have poise on regular attacks, so at worst you'll trade. Also learn how and when to charge heavy attacks, fully-charged heavy swing puts most enemies into long stun animation.
I've liked my bastard sword playthrough better than LKSS one.

t. has never powerstance great club

Greatswords and ultras are much better than straightswords in DaS3 though. They do massive amounts of damage and can stagger more reliably, especially on larger enemies.

This retard has never powerstanced Chicken wings

whats the easiest class to play?

Those are better twohanded than powerstanced, and even then they're still far worse than most rapiers or katanas.

Redpill: If a boss isn't fun to fight while using an ugs, it's simply not a good boss.

Knight is the easiest across all the Dark Souls games.

Vs normal enemies are the easy mode of the game

being a mage or any other spellcaster
magic is ez mode in DeS, DaS1, and DaS2
pyromancy is ez mode in DaS3

the real problem with large weapons in 3 is the stamina cost. 2 swings from an ugs will 2 shot an enemy at the cost of all of your stamina. while 3 hits from a straight sword will 2 shot an enemy at the cost of 1/10th of your stamina, and will be faster and have immensely less recovery frames. the balancing is all fucked up beyond belief in dark souls 3

will 3 shot*

I've just beat it with the Great Axe and found it no harder than when I did it with a straight sword or dual wielding dex weapons. Easier in places since you can stagger enemies or straight up one-shot them.

Favorite builds in each game?

Can't go wrong with str/dex.

>Feels like monsters are too fast to get hit by more than one swing
holy shit you're terrible
stop spamming like a retard

Chicken Wing was insane, wish 3 had something that big; wasn't the str requirement like 80 or something?