Banjo in Smash thread since the last one reached bump limit

Banjo in Smash thread since the last one reached bump limit.

Attached: banjo.png (894x894, 706K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WyoTnSp4lDw
youtube.com/watch?v=mlfZmArk9Sc
youtube.com/watch?v=c150iw486n4
youtube.com/watch?v=3IVh2tYDWhY
youtube.com/watch?v=b_fi7O7OBTk
twitter.com/PushDustIn
twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1143903441627955200
youtube.com/watch?v=HMKUlsJpov8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ka3N90ucuTk
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/42SQ3QqZl_Q9aJ5amTCE6A/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hey guys can i get free (You)'s no matter what?

Banjo is cute

Important question;
What colour are Grunty's nipples?

Attached: Hero Klungo Sssavesss teh Universe.jpg (365x658, 169K)

same as her lips

Just because he had an announcement trailer doesn't mean he's actually getting added to the game, you fucking retards. I can't believe you idiots are falling for yet ANOTHER Sakurai ruse

Are there any good old rare dev interviews out there? I remember really enjoying the conkers bad fur day directors cut in particular.

Attached: 1560963026475m.jpg (943x1024, 116K)

shoulda been steve.

Dark green

Posting the BEST live reactions and I'll give context on why they're so good.

>Vinesauce Vinny
30+ year old boomer who loves the games. He's trolled his viewers in past direct live streams by playing Banjo music right before the reveal. He even plays Banjo music in the beginning of this video. As soon as he sees the Jiggy, you can literally hear is voice crack as if he's getting choked up. Been watching him for years and I never seen him give a reaction like this. Also he's pretty chill and doesn't lose his composure which is a bonus.

44:47
youtube.com/watch?v=WyoTnSp4lDw

>Nitro Rad
chill guy who's a big fan of classic 3D platformers. It's great because he's pretty indifferent for most of the direct but once he sees the Jiggy he loses his shit. Was completely unexpected and he never thought it would ever happen. Also a great YT channel.

38:18
youtube.com/watch?v=mlfZmArk9Sc

>DK Vine
Okay this one is extra special. These guys are massive Donkey Kong and Rare fans. They have a Donkey Kong podcast and run the DK Vine forum which has been up since the early 2000's I highly recommend you watch their aftermath discussion video FIRST because these guys know their shit. They can tell you what person designed what character and all the little obscure things related to Banjo. They even talk about what was going on in their head during the direct and how they lost hope towards the end. Not to mention it's actually pretty funny some of the shit they say. I know it's long but it's a fun watch and it makes the reaction FAR better than watching it on it's own. Host guy is a little faggy but the other 3 are chill and pretty damn cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=c150iw486n4

youtube.com/watch?v=3IVh2tYDWhY

Attached: Screenshot (3).png (247x247, 115K)

Bump

Attached: Banjo.png (475x477, 223K)

>zoomer: the post

>This is the fourth time he's posted this now.

Attached: 4chan.png (676x642, 95K)

more like the 7th, but to be fair, I'm not the one who posted it the first few times. It's copypasta at this point.

shit wrong post

Attached: average 4chan user these days.png (656x356, 20K)

lmao retard, you're literally watching virgins react to a fucking character in a fucking video game, you're the poster child for zoomers

>you're literally watching virgins react to a fucking character in a fucking video game
Haven't we all

i couldnt care less about ecelebs, you're already a faggot for unironically using zoomer

Post Spirit Battle ideas
>Giant golden Incineroar

Attached: Golden_Goliath.png (337x586, 241K)

yellow Sans as Mumbo Jumbo.

>Isabelle with super scope

Attached: 220px-Conker_the_squirrel.png (220x258, 82K)

I dedicate this to Etika

youtube.com/watch?v=b_fi7O7OBTk

>Isabelle
>Not Fox
ya dun goofed

i suppose, i just picked isabelle because of the smaller shape

I can't wait for Banjo to be released and become the low tier character he was destined to be.

Maybe if Kazooie wasn't there. With her they're fast and have great range.

As if Phil would allow his one character in Smash to be anything other than top tier. He's either broken or great.

keep telling yourself that banjoke

I'm pretty sure this is the first newcomer ever that I'm looking forward to play despite absolutely hating their source material, I love Street Fighter, Bayonetta and Metal Gear to bits so using those guys was a shoe in, Banjo Kazooie and fuck all the platformers of that era are definitely in my most disliked games but Banjo as a fighter doesn't seem too bad

Him being in the game at all is a win for me. Cope.

>Being a compfag
Check out this nerd.

>Banjo's character was going to revolve around sports and skateboarding at one point
We really dodged a bullet there.

Attached: Kazoo_concept_art.png (638x720, 334K)

Design is cool minus the wife beater.

But fitting if Kazooie's the wife.

Attached: Kazoo_Development_Documents_07_-_Sports.png (1000x1414, 1.35M)

Attached: Kazoo_Development_Documents_09_-_Sports.png (1000x1414, 1.71M)

Something about Banjo's shorts and tooth necklace seems dated. It just screams "early 2000s" to me.

>Microsoft sees this
>"Shit we'd better get these guys working on Kinect Sports"

Same with DK and his tie or Diddy and his hat and shirt

>Item play
>Gap closing projectile
>Act out of recovery
>Uncharacteristically fast run speed
>Disjoints
>One of which is literally a goddamn DORIYAH
>All on a character slightly bigger than Diddy Kong
Say hello to your new top tier.

Attached: 1561467205011.png (586x647, 48K)

I'm going to main them regardless of tiers

You're gonna have to explain the DK one. How the fuck is a tie dated?

Oh I almost forgot
>Flare Blitz with super armor
>And we don't even know the whole moveset yet

Think about it. Rare studied Super Mario 64 and tried to make their own, better take on the genre. Imagine if Nintendo letting Microsoft buy Rare inadvertently turned Banjo into Mario's biggest competitor in the West. Lucky for Nintendo, Microsoft and Rare both really mishandled the IP.

Animals wearing ties is extremely dated in general, 90s was the last decade it could be even attempted to be pulled off.

What are some other examples?

Doesn't feel real. Probably still won't feel real even as I'm using them once they're in the game. Sakurai is one insane motherfucker. I remember seeing "Everyone is Here" along with Ridley and thinking "Well this is about as good as it'll ever get". Then the absolute fucking madman threw in K. Rool and Simon Belmont. And this absolute fucking deranged maniac didn't stop there, this fucking lunatic ACTUALLY added Banjo to the game. I cannot fucking believe it.

Attached: boogie.gif (360x360, 748K)

Donkey Kong

Cutfags getting destroyed by "Everyone is Here" was probably my favorite moment of Japan Time 3. Hard to believe how pretty much 70% of Smash threads prior to that was about character cuts.

>My two biggest picks were Banjo and Simon
>Got both in the same game.

>Tfw Metroidfag
>Tfw DKfag
>Tfw Banjofag

Attached: 950495943.jpg (880x880, 72K)

>been wanting Banjo, K. Rool, Ridley, and Simon since Melee
>mfw this entire game
Feels damn good

Attached: 1505680118520.png (550x361, 453K)

Metroidfags outside of wanting Ridley are pretty shitty since he's the only character who should have been in.. Now he is and no one plays him. Probably the most forgotten of all the reveals aside from MAYBE Daisy which is odd since Ridley talk was huuuuge in the Smash 4 days, The rest of what you said is cool though

Attached: 1561052817323.png (640x480, 601K)

Are banjofags mentally sick?

Attached: banjo.jpg (721x775, 179K)

I love you faggots. We actually fucking won.

Attached: 1508192911363.jpg (2000x1000, 240K)

I fail to see how this is any worse than people who get Mario or Pac-Man tattoos

Ridley instantly became my main. Aside from just wanting the character for years, his playstyle clicked with me instantly and I have more fun with him than any other character.

Attached: rids.png (400x400, 325K)

>Banjo and Kazooiefag
>Bayonettafag
>Robinfag
I didn't want people to get salty over my characters, but by god it's fucking hilarious.

There's literally no feeling better than watching some mad retard throw everything he has into a shitpost directed at you and feeling absolutely nothing because you won.

Attached: 1519533621615.gif (500x364, 983K)

He was revealed early on so Ridleyfags didn't get to kick into autism mode again. They're just quietly enjoying their favorite character.

With Banjo getting in, it's clear that the pass serves to promote relevant and new games that'll come out (Persona 5 R for Joker, DQ11S for the Hero and the Banjo-Kazooie remake or threeie for Banjo).
So we should look for a character that's either getting a reedition of a game or a new game.

>only reveal I wasn't positive about was Chrom
They really knocked it out the park this time around.

Attached: 1533906628006.png (540x507, 362K)

Doomguy is IN

uncut > cut any girl whos had both knows this and now smash fans know it too.

>tfw Sonicfag
>tfw Snakefake
>tfw Megamanfag
>tfw massive Pacfag
>tfw Cloudfag
>tfw Ryufag
>tfw Castlevaniafag
>tfw massive K. Roolfag
>tfw massive Banjofag

This is coming from someone who never wins anything. Despite all of Sakurai's flaws, he has some incredible taste.

Doom Guy lets fucking go.

Depends if he gets revealed BEFORE Doom Eternal.
When is the game realeasing?

>since the last one reached bump limit
what the FUCK do you mean? You guys should have a general on /vg/ by now why the fuck do you continue to spam this board with these posts?

Late November

Chrom didn't bother me honestly

But my god Isabelle is just the fucking worst.
>JUST Isabelle, no other villagers, not even Digby
>Semi-clone when the game introduced echoes and she could have easily been one leaving a character/semiclone spot for something interesting
>Moveset is literally "villager but not fun"
>Moveset also has no specific relation to Isabelle, further begging the question of why this wasn't a Koopalings/Hero/Alph situation with multiple beloved AC characters
Bad choice to begin with and Sakurai literally missed every opportunity he had to make her an enjoyable inclusion.

Attached: you're guh-hunna stop that shit right now or I'm guh-hunna put a cap in your ass.png (800x500, 1.16M)

It's one thread, autist. Any other threads do not reflect on us because we're here and not there. Also if you don't like them so much, scroll past them and not join to complain.
>b..but it's the principle
Cry about it.

We're getting the next reveal in November given Banjo will be out in September or October. IT'S TIME, BROS

Attached: Doom Guy.png (592x795, 355K)

>3-4 more months until Banjo and Kazooie
JUST

Attached: 1560364372874.jpg (460x609, 20K)

>3-4 months for Banjo & Kazooie to be polished up and be the best they can be
I'm okay with this

This is the only right answer.
Ultimate is also one of the best "balanced" Smash games, and each character seems to have good and bad matchups, so it really doesn't matter

We waited this long. We can wait longer.

I really don't see Doomguy getting in.
But at the same time I have no idea who could get in.

I'm hoping it's September, not because I want him to be out sooner, but because I want to focus on Halloween in October and not Smash.. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they release him in October because Gruntilda..

>Joker didn't get a real trailer
>However Hero and Banjo did
>Hero followed the WoL opening cutscene, and Banjo followed the K. Rool cutscene
>Doomguy will follow the Castlevania intro, with him saving Luigi from Hell.

IT'S HAPPENING!

Attached: DOOM IS GONNA SAVE LUIGI.jpg (1200x1850, 238K)

Doors are open. We have so many genre representatives but no FPS and since Doom is the pioneer and the face of it, I could see it happening especially if they give him plasma weapons.

I would absolutely love Doom Guy getting in but I'm still not sure about his chances. B-K being the first fully western IP to get a playable character makes me more optimistic but from what I can tell Banjo-Kazooie has way more presence in Japan than DOOM does. It already felt like they were trying to balance Banjo out by introducing a very Japanese-focused character at the same time.

Holy fuck this would be the GOAT reveal. Please, Sakurai.

>Jago: Blue Ryu with Beam Sword or Killing Edge
>Klungo: 3x Giant Invisible Default K. Rools
>Rash: Green Bowser with frequent Home Run Bat spawns
>Steve: Blue Mario with constant spawns of box shaped items on Super Mario Maker

I truly hope so but I fear that everyone hopped onto the Doomguy train too late
>Zero presence in the ballot which was the prime time to let yourself be heard, as evidenced by Bayonetta, Ridley, Daisy, K. Rool, The Belmonts, Chrom, Dark Samus, Hero, and Banjo and Kazooie, technically the Inklings too but there was no way they weren't gonna get in
>Doomguy for Smash hype only cropped up after the Doom Switch reveal, less than a year before Ultimate's reveal and release and well into it's development
>While it's possible that Bethesda and Nintendo saw this buzz and acted on it what we know of Phil Spencer and Nintendo's dealings were going on extremely early, well before the finalization of the DLC roster
>There's also the possibility of the more internationally appealing Dragonborn getting in as well (They're not putting Fallout in Smash, too nuke heavy) I'd say Dragonborn's chances are slimmer than Doomguys though, actually
Also Pete Hines comment can really only be 1 of 2 things. Him being a dumbass and breaking nondisclosure or him being able to freely talk because nothing came of the negotiations. And the latter is unfortunately more likely.

I hope, Doombro, but it's going to take nimble reaction times from a development team that took quite a few games to get Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo and Kazooie in despite fan desires

Attached: 1528080097272.jpg (328x310, 65K)

>Vinesauce Vinny
Look man, I love the dude.
But you need to stop linking his shit here.
It's summer, and the edgy 12 yo's are rampant.

I'm more hyped for the hero

Well no one said you had good taste.

>Brentilda telling millions of kids around the world what Grunty's tits look like
How did Rareware get away with it?

Still baffles me that an irreleant cereal shitter like Banjo got in over actual iconic like Bomberman.

What the fuck were they thinking? You can't seriously defend this.

Attached: Cereal.png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

Ahem

Seething.

Now post the Yea Forums copypasta like you do every thread.

>wall of text
the left cant meme

There he goes, there he goes again

>Implying Bomberman isn't one of those
He may still have games coming out but I bet most people thought they stopped making Bomberman games years ago.

Mario had cereal commercials long before any of these guys.

The absolute state of Banjofags

Attached: Banjies.png (767x431, 124K)

What are you even arguing? He's already in the game.

Banjo is not a cereal mascot.

He's a Disney rip off character. If you put Mickey Mouse and Goofy with Banjo he would fit in perfectly.

Attached: 637647634643.png (331x480, 81K)

Post the pasta lolcow.

They're in

I can’t imagine how much of a faggot you have to be to hate Glover. Wow zoomers are seriously insufferable human beings. Perhaps I should hope for the human race to be extinct.

>Seething so hard he posts a pic that makes no sense
yikes

No no, no need to tell me how good my taste

>K.Rool literally cheered at his inclusion
Everything about that trailer was like Sakurai giving a big middle finger to antiBanjo fags. From the Duck Hunt fake out, to the celebratory splash at the end with the entire Smash cast cheering their old friends are back. Sakurai is the ultimate boomer.

This shit was always beyond retarded because K. Rool and Banjo were designed by literally the same guy at Rare back in the day

The DK crew having a rave party at BK appearing further blows this shitty drawing the fuck out

Attached: rarewarecrew.gif (580x326, 3.61M)

Despite his anime fixation, he has impeccable taste.

K. Rool's extendo neck gets me every time

you are fucking retarded kill yourself

If you use Xbox or Windows then you're on the winning side!
Oh and Nintendobros, you're part of the winning side too! =D
Are you bros playing videogames?

Attached: piZap_1561551532641.jpg (810x1080, 511K)

fuck steve and fuck minecraft

Why did these faggots latch on to the "cereal" thing so hard? Don't tell me they're discordfags doing raids.

You can shit on "steve" who is just as much of a character as villager is all you want but Minecraft is a top tier game and has stayed higly relevant for years now.

That Vinny reaction was so genuine, I love the dude.

Bless Phil's soul, he actually went and did it

This but unironically
Untill the update is put online they are fully able to cancel banjo at any time. I doubt it will happen but I feel you guys are celebrating a bit too much. The trailer was hype but now we just need to sit tight till he comes out, there's no fucking reason to push our luck like this

The most based man in western gaming.

>Minecraft is a top tier game
That autism simulator is only top tier in putting me to sleep.

You’re not a Banjo fan, shut up retard, and go back to your shitty cult server to jerk off to that weird steve rape video with the rest of your zoomer friends.

The BK announcement was just pure bliss for me. Not only was it a character that I loved, I also got to see a mountain of fucking zoomers seethe that their bland non character gets discarded like the trash he is. It's just wonderful.

Literally just search "highest rated games" and Minecraft will pop up. In 2019 Minecraft still has 90 million active players monthly.

Being a contrarian won't do you nothing.

Oh cool, we're posting rosterfag pics that aged poorly. My turn.

Attached: 1533764638014.jpg (1019x1211, 280K)

The trailer was great but watching reactions for the next week and a half was so.. cozy and filled me with warmth and happiness. Typically I hate reaction videos but seeing other people experience the same happiness as me is a great thing to share. Call it gay, but boy is it rewarding.

It's kinda amazing how the worst possible choice is the only one who didn't make it in. I'll sip to that.

>Made the image lower quality to disguise that Hat Mook was edited in
This image is from the Brawl era, predates Hat Mook entirely, and use to have Geno in it.

Attached: 1428523602038-1.png (652x720, 270K)

I miss the geno tards

I miss their extremely boring taste.

Your Java Shovelware is only successful because zoomers used it as a social tool. Like World of Warcraft was for boomers.

Despite being the most successful MMO of all time the amount of people who give a shit about Warcraft's story and characters didn't increase beyond Warcraft 3 numbers when World of Warcraft came out and hit 10+ million subs, the norm was and is to not have any idea what's going on and to not care. Everyone just wanted to play with their friends.
Minecraft is no different. I'm not exaggerating when I say that only autistic 12 year olds care about Minecraft. The other 99.9% of people who purchased it fall into 1 of 3 categories.
>Kids using the game as a social tool
>People modding the game to be as un-Minecraft as possible
>People who bought the game off of Notch's false promises from Infdev, Alpha, and Beta and saw Minecraft in it's state as a proof of concept (and it's still in that same sorry state today)

The extent of Minecraft's impact on the rest of the industry is popularizing the giga-cancer early access format. Fucking Fortnite is primarily focused on building and it decided to pull it's building system from fucking Tycoon games in favor of Minecraft. The series is completely stagnated and is stuck in spinoff hell because there's nowhere for it to go.

Attached: 1474302776774.jpg (500x375, 65K)

Deefags' downfall was so delicious, since they were the prototype, "diet" Steveposters. Not only did they get Spirit'd at the last moment, but ironically their argument that "non-boss enemies are valid for fighters" was absolutely correct... To make way for Plant. I hate Plantfags and "le epic salt xd" posting but Deefags got absolutely shit on.

They actually got off pretty easy it seems, however, compared to the absolute nuclear comeuppances Stevefags and Ashleyfags got after their respective BTFOs.

And let's have another poorly aged picture because why not.

Attached: 1450059884082.png (708x744, 297K)

Attached: not in smash con.jpg (658x388, 46K)

Congrats to Banjobros, but will they admit they were fucking retards about the whole Brave business?

>Banjo thread
>there's already a fucking Steve argument in the replies
Even as a Stevefag myself, I'm getting sick of seeing him in Banjo threads. Getting sick of people shitting on him as well getting sick of other Stevefags who still bring him up or try to make Banjo's inclusion a hollow victory.

I'd be sick of seeing reminders about 10 months of my time on this earth going 100% to waste as well.

Attached: 1531956308865.png (472x658, 336K)

>Banjos are brave
I wanted to slap whoever kept fucking posting that retarded pasta

Attached: 1560484231220.png (474x477, 444K)

Eh, at least I'll get a mii costume

I just want to add to that by saying not only did he get spirit'd but he wasn't even good enough to be a 4 star spirit like Skull Kid or Geno. Even shitty Ashley is a 4 start spirit while literal Hat Goomba is only 3. It's one thing to get deconfirmed but when you're not even good enough to be the highest tier of jpg, you know you lost hard.

The only way it could've been better is if Badanna Dee upgraded into Sailor Dee which is a Sakurai creation

Attached: 1504061650321.gif (377x372, 1.9M)

cope

Attached: gex.png (750x650, 50K)

Bandana Dee is also a Sakurai creation.

Sakurai didn't invent 4th player filler

Bandana Dee's first appearance was as the first opponent faced in Megaton Punch in Kirby Super Star.

I love how Hat Mook's only presence in the game is just as an upgrade for the regular Waddle Dee spirit

Other ballot favorites that didn't make it in like Krystal, Geno, Isaac, Shovel Knight, Shantae, etc were at least compensated with either assist trophies, Mii Fighter outfits or notable spirit battles. Hat Goomba didn't even get that.

It's downhill from here, right? No one they announce will be as iconic or garner as big a reaction as Banjo.

>a fighting game inclusion is worthy of celebration
>he'll never get a new game and this is just a tease
Yea Forums is gay.

The new game already got leaked. Cope, cubecuck

>not Squirtle
cmon guys

fuck off with your overpriced ports.

Attached: 1560539988168.png (468x529, 441K)

Wait, Stevefagging lasted 10 fucking months? Jesus, I thought it was only 7 or 8.
>Joker: the "shock" first foot forward pick of the Pass
>Hero: Japanese fanpick pandering
>Banjo: western fanpick pandering
>Pack 4: ????
>Pack 5: the finale, the send-off for Ultimate; probably moderately shocking
Pack 4 is the most likely to be bullshit since it's in the right place to not need to be exciting or good. But considering how decent the Pass has been in terms of picks so far, what the hell could Sakurai worried about that fans might not take so well? He was very quick to cover his ass soon after the Pass announcement and made it clear that Nintendo made the picks this time. The only thing easily on the table I can think of that would piss loads of people off is another fucking Fire Emblem character.

>celebrates paid dlc
>thinks he shouldn't be grieving over how pathetic that is

The Stevies, Yea Forums‘s feces.
Who’s gonna pity them?

Attached: FF0CD393-687C-4434-A9CE-A62786D05259.jpg (960x569, 70K)

You keep showing up in threads, deliberately ignoring or forgetting what Banjo Kazooie fans have told you about their Smash inclusion. What the fuck is your damage over them getting in? You can't be a Stevefag, you seem genuinely asshurt over BK getting in. Why?

This was the best. I could only imagine the face of the person who made this at that moment. Just realizing how fucking stupid they were.

Those fans are dumb and smash is a fighting game. This shit is a fake out and won't lead to new games. The fact that you aren't shows me how bad Yea Forums's priorities are.

Leon

>acting like people can't be excited for their favorite character to beat the shit out of their other favorite characters

You can be excited but you'd also be gay and retarded.

jej

Depends on the FE character they pick. If we're going by lords of the game coming out next month:

>Byleth
Safest pick since Robin and Corrin both got in. Muh blue haired anime swordsman. Moderate salt.

>Claud
Fan favorite pick so far. Tanned man. Charismatic. Wields a bow, so he's different enough. Moderate salt.

>Dimitri
Ayran Chad. Wields a lance. Gets an eye patch in his future version. Moderate-high salt.

>Edelgard
Waifu pick. Meme character (the crests are to blame XD). Has stockings so we'll get plenty of "What do her delicious feet smell like?". Wields an Axe. Most likely character behind Byleth to get in. High salt.

Etika killing himself

Byleth would generate far more salt than the others.

You have to fight a Fox who is insanely OP but his shield auto breaks periodically

People like you are what make BK’s inclusion all the more sweeter.
This is gonna be a fun ride all the way to Fall

CRASH

Stevey Stevey, cope and seethey
Model made by discord tranny, posts removed by unpaid janny
June 11th came and went, yet in your heads we pay no rent
“Cartoon Bear” you scream and cry, yet you god gets killed by Sakurai
Silly Stevey can’t you see, as you beg upon your frail boney knees
Banjo has came and won, while Minecraft content in Smash remains as none
Discord in shambles, as it draws to a stand-still
Your cult is a mess and tattooed upon your leading man, a strong looking skeleton, his name being Sans
So yes, Stevey, your life lacks true meaning
An eternity to be mocked, shitposters beware, this group of fags lost to a bear!

>I'm not a Banjo fan because I think it's retarded to be excited about characters fighting in a fighting game
Nigger I'm probably more of a Banjo autist than you. Grow up.

Crash would be great. Aside from the potential for a fun, crazy moveset
>another character to put cereal box fags on suicide watch
>another rep to shit on PlayStation all stars’ failure
>another western character to make weebs seethe

All is right with the world.

>My friend wanted Simon, I wanted Banjo
>We both got what we wanted
I don't even know what I'll feel when the next Smash comes along. I already got what I wanted.

>My friend wanted Simon, he got him AND Richter
>I wanted K.Rool, I got him AND Banjo

I don't even know what I'll feel when the next Smash comes along. I already got everything that I wanted.

If you were, you wouldn’t be so assmad about this. This can only mean good things for Banjo in the future. There’s no reason them being in smash would mean they’ll never get a new game or remake.

Would have been an okay gimmick for a game but nowhere near as timeless as what they went for.

>blue mario
>not cyan villager

Attached: uh.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

It's what you Stevefags deserve.

Attached: chibi.gif (191x184, 262K)

Literally the only problems with the Smash roster are Fire Emblem and Zelda.

If there were better reps for those two series (IE more than just Link, Link, Link, Zelda, Trap Zelda, and Dorf and more than just Marth x 4, Ike, and Robin) it would be completely perfect.

Even more perfect if Alucard was also playable

I'm not assmad you retard. I've not, at any point, said that I don't want them in Smash.
If you could read, you'd know I was telling you that it's gay and retarded to be excited about "their favourite characters beating the shit out of their other favourite characters".
Who made you the arbiter of what qualifies someone as a Banjo fan anyway?

You (You)'d the wrong person, retard

Attached: purple jinjo.png (200x338, 63K)

No I didn't, spastic.

Attached: banjo_kazooie.png (931x876, 517K)

THE FIGHTERS IN THE FIGHTERS PASS WILL BE FROM FRANCHISES BRAND NEW TO SMASH
DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT BRAND NEW TO SMASH MEANS

The doriyah look a little weak from that trailer but maybe it was at a low percent.

Daisyfags vs Ridleyfags
Ashleyfags vs K.Roolfags
Stevefags vs Banjofags
Was there more?

>This can only mean good things for Banjo in the future.
The shelf is a good thing? Also you're dumb and thinks there's only one poster you're replying to.

The "franchises" part. Namely because that's not what was said. Only that "CHARACTERS" will be new to Super Smash Bros (so if anything that should be taken as further deconfirmation of same-game AT and Spirit promotions).

stevefags antagonized quite a few people

My bad, I stayed up all night and thought the greentext was my earlier post.

Attached: Gruntilda.png (829x1249, 454K)

Not that guy but you're thinking too narrowly. A lot of people see the exposure of being a character in smash as a positive thing, often pointing towards how Roy and Marth being in Melee got them out of Japan. People are just hoping that this lights a fire under Microsoft to do something with the IP.

No worries.

Attached: Humba_wumba_banjo_tooie.png (459x684, 114K)

some people on this board are actually mad that banjo got in, its kinda funny.

Attached: tori.jpg (686x757, 59K)

FE has no chances, Hero robbed it of the optimal release window and Banjo pushed it out further. If anything Pokémon could take this place but if it's not the fourth I wouldn't worry about it either. It's probably gonna be all third party characters anyway and the fourth one will be someone that is relatively niche (worldwide at least, maybe they could have strong prominence only in one country) compared to the three prior characters.

During development, Rare dropped Edison since he was considered too generic and instead turned what was originally an NPC into the Banjo we now know. Do you agree with this decision?

Attached: Dream_n64_edison_render3.png (1150x1599, 885K)

Would they do a Yooka-Laylee color alt?

>I don’t care if they’re in smash, but if you like the fact that you they are, you’re gay and retarded. Because...you just are.
So you’re literally saying nothing. Glad we got that cleared up.
I ‘thinks’ Banjo being in smash is better than him not being anywhere at all. If he’s in here, he gets recognition and therefore a possibility of getting picked up for a future game. Like Pit.

Soma/Alucard fags vs Belmontfags. From the moment Castlevania was first rumored to get into Ultimate, Somacardfags got super pissy that we'd probably get a unique whip fighter instead of yet another swordfighter. They still pop up here every now and then.
True, but Banjo Kazooie was undeniably their foremost target.

Final boss: Bayonetta

Once again, learn to fucking read you faggot. I didn't say I don't want them in Smash (because I do want them in Smash).
I said that getting excited about playing as them and "fighting your favourite characters" is gay and retarded. I'm not surprised you're actually excited about it because you have the reading age of someone who would be.

>edeltards were bomberfags all along
I FUCKING KNEW IT

I doubt it goes anywhere. We don't see another banjo game for more than a decade. It's pretending that the franchise is alive.

Nope. Still not seeing a point or explanation here
>I said that getting excited about playing as them and "fighting your favourite characters" is gay and retarded.
I’m not even the person who said that, but I can see you still haven’t given a reason as to why this is.
Now you’re saying you DO want them in Smash, but if you play as them, you’re gay and retarded. You’re one to talk about comprehension seeing as what you’re saying makes no sense whatsoever

thanks, xbro

Attached: 1552835481473.png (926x932, 303K)

Attached: 1517351203972.jpg (1024x800, 113K)

>Banjo's Classic Mode is fighting characters that debuted on the N64 or otherwise had games made by Rare for the 64
>DK
>Diddy
>K. Rool
>Young Link
>Sheik
>Ganondorf
>Final boss is either Master Hand or Gruntilda

Attached: 1560037645470.gif (249x187, 3.24M)

Classic Mode: "Nintendo 64 Classic"
>vs. Mario on Peach's Castle 64 or Peach's Castle Melee
>vs. DK and Diddy on Kongo Falls or Jungle Japes
>vs. Young Link on Great Bay or Gerudo Valley
>vs. Fox and Falco on Venom (I only say not Corneria since that's been too retooled to be SF Zero style IMO)
>vs. Yoshi on Yoshi's Story
>vs. Gen 1 Pokémon on Pokémon Stadium 1
>Final Boss: Master Hand on Final Destination (with the N64 Final Destination music)

The problem with Zelda is that there's only three reoccuring main characters worth a damn, which is why it's not surprising that the playable in Smash lineup just amounts to them and their variations like Sheik and Toon Link. One-offs like Midna and Ghirahim are never going to anything more than an assist trophy.

Skull Kid’s been a reoccurring character/enemy throughout several games. Vaati too, no? I’m not too familiar with his games

The thing about Midna is that it'd be ridiculously easy to bypass the "one-off character" issue by just having her ride on Wolf Link, which would be a given anyway. There's no real excuse not to include them.

owlfags vs roarfags

>implying bayonetta wont fill in for gruntilda as the witch

god, seeing "characters that debuted on the N64" makes me wish we had saki

Attached: 1552995043559.png (331x352, 211K)

What are thoughts on the Spiral Mountain stage?
We’ve seen a version without the bridge leading to Grunty’s Lair, one with it (even with Banjo on the bridge about to walk into the lair) and even a picture with the bridge pieces floating up and around the hilltop.
What the fuck is going on with this stage? Is it transforming, or do we think we might actually be getting a version used for a new Grunty boss battle?

Now that we know that new modes can be added (and quite substantial ones at that) I wouldn't be surprised if there was a boss battle mode with some new bosses included.

>not wanting Buck Bumble

Attached: 1560162827912.gif (98x150, 17K)

You're replying to a stevie that went on with the joke of steve for too long and now he's doubling down on hating banjo. No point arguing with a pitiful retard.

I really hope he has more mechanics than the trailer let on.

Attached: test27.png (286x302, 82K)

Imagine siding with K. Rool and turning on Banjo at the worst time within 20 years. Whoever drew this can't celebrate with the rest of us, really poor timing.

Attached: 1561405250077.png (438x599, 450K)

Definitely not a Grunty boss, if she was a boss then you'd fight her on her tower.
The stage is probably just a transforming one where the bridge breaks and the mountain spins.

Ridley and Banjo were my two most wanted. Maining both is going to be surreal

Platform characters all the same,
Bear's a bad choice for this game

>not wanting Boogerman in smash
shit taste detected

You can almost taste it.

It looks more interesting than the Mementos stage at the very least.

Has anyone checked if all moves have been shown off yet? One user mentioned earlier that there might be a golden feather collection mechanic for the Wonderwing, which would be a perfect fit.

Attached: WitchyWorld signposts.webm (666x498, 1.19M)

Bong, this joke only works with Rougeposters.

It really looks like a lot of work went into this stage in particular. I don’t think any of the dlc characters have gotten stages this in depth, let alone have a whole new mechanic. (Spinning on its z-axis)
I’m pretty excited to see this

I always imagined his reveal trailer as a sequel to Ridleys reveal A-La Banjo Kazooie's reveal trailer. Samus is fighting Ridley, but things get way too intense. Samus is on the verge of getting killed, but Doomguy swoops in
>Doomguy Rips and Tears!
But Doomguy saving Luigi from hell would be cool too.

Attached: 220px-Doomguy_(Doom_2016).png (220x352, 102K)

i imagine his trailer being like this

Attached: rippety rips and tears.png (1920x1080, 1.77M)

Absolute Cringe

Attached: PSFix_20190625_154606.jpg (385x200, 13K)

>Doomguy & Samus vs. Ridley
>Doomguy saving Luigi from hell
Why not both?

That'd be dope!

>there's only three reoccuring main characters worth a damn

One word: Plant.

Seriously, there's no rules. Pretty much any Zelda character playable in Hyrule Warriors is obviously capable of being in Smash. Also people love a lot of those one-offs. Also Impa and Vaati are frequent reoccurring characters that would both be fun and interesting.

>Two biggest picks were Joker and Banjo & Kazooie
>Got both announced within the span of about half a year
Feels fucking fantastic.

Just because Piranha Plant was chosen for the left field pick meme character that nobody could have seen coming doesn't mean anyone can get in.

Sheik is the ONLY one-off, non-protagonist character in Smash.

When Ridley showed up, I gave a thumbs up to my Ridleybros and remained cautious but hopeful for K. Rool. Then came 8/8/18 and at the end of the trailer when the rumbling happened, I didn't know what the fuck to think. Then I saw DK yawning and my heart jumped.
Before long, the entire board felt a wave bigger than Ridley, and everyone was coming out with their irrelevant picks seeing hope.

The Grinch Leak hurt, not because of there being no Banjo, but because of what K. Rool did to everyone, as if there was a chance for fan requests to come over marketing and shill picks. Banjo wasn't even my most anticipated pick even though I wanted him since Brawl, it was Isaac only because of K. Rool being THE literal never ever in the Nintendo circle. Seven months of worrying what that pass was gonna add was all worth it two weeks ago. I was actually expecting Dixie from the shot in the treehouse but was expecting to see the rival reel again at some point. I didn't know who to expect right up to the jiggy bouncing.

It's like Ultimate was an apology letter for the last game and Banjo-Kazooie as another apology for everyone getting baited by the Grinch Leak. Tr4sh is a fitting name, it really shit the bed with its content and even the reveals (No Pac-Man at the invitational but instead at some closed door meeting, the 3DS version holding the Wii U game back).

Attached: 1553871459585.gif (250x136, 101K)

>Just because [character] was chosen for [reasons that defy any rulefag] doesn't mean anyone can get in

There. Are. No. Rules.

A Zelda character almost certainly won't be DLC but nothing would stop them from adding a novel Zelda character, especially one that people still really like such as Midna, or a long-lived one like Tingle.

>cutfags/NEVEREVERfags still trying to grasp at straws
Don't know why anyone would argue against putting new cool characters in Smash desu

Do you know who Sheik is, user?

Oh, trust me. I'm not arguing against it, but I definitely don't think we're going to get any non-protags for DLC at the very least.
I wanted Skull Kid a lot in the main game, so don't think I don't want side characters from Zelda in particular added.

I used Dragon Kazooie for maybe five minutes before switching back. Dragon Kazooie is ugly.

>most of the characters are now in
Ha

If they ever revealed Doomguy, I feel like they would go all out with the gore and blood. But in order to please censors he only kills Ridley who would have green blood and guts or something.

twitter.com/PushDustIn

PushDustIn's translating Sakurai's new famitsu article regarding Hero/Banjo, get in here bros

Nice, I was waiting for this

Does anyone else think Banjo looks kind of generic? They should've given him his cartoony proportions FUCK. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
inb4 stevey nah

I can only hope to one day know the joy Banjochads felt.

Attached: 1536165961000.gif (216x429, 44K)

Fuck off.

He has his cartoony proportions.

they look great, but banjo's snout looks a bit different

Attached: smash.jpg (740x414, 58K)

Fuck on.

Does anyone know if the negotiation with MS/Rare about Banjo would have been before or after they started promoting the whole cross-play thing?

>tierlistfag
Take a shower plz

Interview with Sakurai about the two newcomers

twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1143903441627955200

He GUSHES about Dragon Quest but He doesn't say anything about Banjo. Just a flat "yeah gaijins wouldn't shut up I guess".

So Banjo was added only because of autistic rosterfagging. Does that mean we can stop pretending that Banjo is important or iconic in any way?

>the remaining stevefag has resorted falesfagging as a bomberman fan
Fuck off

who gives a shit about what sakurai thinks

hrwah hrwah hrwah hrwah hrwah hrwah hrwah hrwah

Attached: hrwah.gif (64x64, 18K)

They homogenized him slightly to look like a Donkey Kong character.

You should considering he can kill your character with a snap of his fingers

YOU CAN'T SAY THAT KAZOOIE

Attached: 250px-Texas_Slim's_Dome_Shine.png (250x235, 71K)

when all is said and done we need to thank sakurai properly

Attached: sleep deprived madman.gif (480x270, 1.73M)

>the ONLY reason Banjo got in was because of western fans begging
>the western fans who beg for him are rapidly growing out of Nintendo's target audience age
>by the time Smash 6 comes, these beggers will have moved on with their lives, being well into their 30's

TICK TOCK, BANJOKES

Attached: stevegross.png (774x1078, 415K)

WHAT THE FUCK KAZOOIE

Is she, dare I say, /ourgull/?

He gushed about Persona and probably Fire Emblem in the past too so it doesn't really mean much. Sakurai himself has pretty boring taste, he just puts it aside for Smash most of the time.

see
Thank the fans, not Sakurai. Seems like he wouldn't have added Banjo on his own terms. The fans had to force his hand.

I really can't wait to get my hands on a Steve hat for my Mii Sword fighter!

Why would that be a bad thing? Mii costumes often get added as fighters in the next game.

youtube.com/watch?v=HMKUlsJpov8

so like Ridley and K. Rool then

Try telling that to Geno.

>implying you shouldn't thank someone for finally adding your cartoon bear after you've pestered them about it for 15 years

Attached: 1439261213747s.jpg (235x250, 7K)

wrong. most your kind will get is an AT.

Attached: megaman_zero_costume.jpg (1272x707, 85K)

REH RAH REE REH REH RAUGH RAH REH RAUGH

Attached: 200w.gif (200x202, 60K)

Well Ridley at least appears in Nintendo games. A lot.

For me personally, Geno or MM Link would be the only character that could top it(both reconfirmed), but the general public wouldn’t be nearest as excited as they were for Banjo. Nothing can top his reveal I don’t think
Sorry friend but it’s time for us to give up. Funny because if Geno got in on top of Banjo I think the Steve discord would literally actually commit mass suicide.

Attached: 829DE2B8-7301-4604-9B12-E9F91E99C373.png (301x261, 169K)

THE JIGGIES GRUNTY

But would he have been added if Nintendo didn't pick the DLC? Fuck Sakurai. He's our bitch and I'm glad someone is finally forcing him under our thumb after the cancer trash that was Smash 4's roster of zoomer shit

NOT YOU TOO!

Attached: 1464647403805.png (424x501, 251K)

god imagine if sakurai was picking the dlc by himself. probably would've gotten another fe retard by now.

>Steve Discord boogeyman
ew a redditor

THINK OF THE ADVERTISERS

Guh-huh! Uuuuh uuuh guh uuuuh Guuh guh guh guh

Attached: latest-18.png (64x64, 5K)

Yeah yeah yeah we get it muh 6 million jiggies

>This is Sakurai's personal opinion but he doesn't really care for console wars. No matter what kind of consoles come out, if there are enjoyable games, Sakurai will always respect that.

We don't deserve this man.

Attached: D84TbFWUYAEU24l.jpg (1145x625, 88K)

>get exactly what you want
>it involved trying to work with a rival console maker
>it happened because they wanted to make fans happy
>still cry like a bitch anyway

Attached: 1557421543223.jpg (927x1024, 66K)

Sakurai isn't the one who picked Corrin. Do some research.

>basic fucking normal person opinion
>BASED WHAT A TREASURE WE DON'T DESERVE THIS MAN
Are you underage?

I don't get it. Sakurai is the one heading this game, he helped create Banjo in Smash, and people are shitting on him like he didn't do enough.

>ew a redditor
Way to out yourself immediately with your gay ass calling card

Attached: FC0AB8E1-31BA-451B-BAC5-97E468845573.jpg (639x347, 47K)

>Had to fight for what I wanted
That's the problem. We shouldn't need to fight. We should get what we fucking want in the first place. Fuck you if you wanna defend the absolute trash that Sakurai shoehorns in when we don't have him in a headlock

People are retarded. Then they go and wonder why Microsoft doesn't want to make another Banjo game.

>468126005
I'm not giving a (You) to a redditor

Just Crash Bandicoot, really. Especially if the reveal trailer uses the Crash costume guy.

Proof Nintendo knows what's up. Sakurai would have probably littered the pack with JRPG characters.

No but I think Yea Forums should learn a thing or two from him revolving consoles and content. It matters not what it can do, what matters is the games and nothing more.

Do it Sakurai, if not just for the multiple heads exploding and the sheer lunacy of it.

Attached: Cap.png (800x750, 403K)

>Sakurai would've easily passed over the most important game on the N64 had fans not been endlessly harassing him
>BRUH WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING
Sakurai is a fucking fool that has no sense of what fans want on his own. We need to shove it down his throat anytime we want something. That's a problem.

Massive cope

RENT FREE

Banjo is in though, why are you looking for a reason to be mad?

>this faggot again
Imagine being stubborn and retarded enough to not only be the only steve shitposter left but to also constantly monitor Yea Forums for banjo threads in an attempt to make people not excited anymore

>an obvious thing to be furious about
>"looking for a reason"
Bait?

sounds like you're obsessed with Steve

I suppose it's the tradeoff for him having a knack to represent the characters at their best, if they actually do get into Smash.

>the most important game on the N64
But Smash had Super Mario 64 representation since the first game

Otis & Shadow vs Reimu

Sorafags and Genotards vs Chadrickbros
Slimefags vs Chadrickbros

>Mario 64
>More important then Banjo Kazooie

Attached: trump.jpg (800x450, 43K)

This literally said they would have been in games ago if not for the buyout.

The Stevey damage control is intense

It's not obvious, though. Nintendo and Microsoft were not as close in the Wii U and Wii days, and Banjo had been bought by Microsoft by the time of Melee. There wasn't a TIME for this to happen until this game. And now that it happens, you're just going to complain about hypothetical situations and some shit?

i'm a huge banjofag but you're fucking retarded if you think banjo is more important than mario 64
banjo wouldn't even be the way it is if it wasn't for mario 64

Attached: 1539217003630.jpg (720x540, 282K)

Ahh yes, my favorite part, the part where he starts phone posting on top of posting on his computer to make it appear as though anyone on Yea Forums is as retarded and assblasted asbhe is

>falsefagging this hard
Why do these idiots think Banjofans don’t also like SM64? Is it because their attempts at pitting BK and BT fans against each other failed?

You got exactly what you wanted, which is a character considered for years to be impossible, and it involved working with rivals, which is something most companies wouldn't even attempt. The result being an addition where everything from moves to the stage is made with love. All because they wanted fans to be happy.

And here you are, refusing to let your insane obsessive hatred of a game developer go.

The plant is what you deserve.

Attached: plant vs goku.png (640x488, 344K)

>get bfto
>keep repeating the same untrue non argument because you can’t think of anything else to say
>hide your response and hope no one notices
Kek

Attached: B6401557-0B16-44E8-9D07-F1F6C2E9C873.png (297x419, 103K)

>DQ has a restriction that disallows protags from fighting each other
how the fuck is square even still in business if it constantly pulls retarded shit like this

you realize sakurai has wanted banjo in smash since 64?

Dude please stop wtf

Yes, he does, he’s trying to revise history again like he does in all of these threads. I really wish someone would pull out the weaponized autism on him and get a name, he’s on the same level of delusion as Doug and Eric.

I wonder what B-K's placeholder name is.

>>>/reddit/

>The spells Hero selects from are RANDOM
oh no no no

>want to use a spell to recover
>get suicide and three useless spells in your menu instead
>SD
the absolute state of hero mains

Phil Spencer is a Chad

Hopefully that was just a dodgy translation because it's actually random then Hero is fucked

maybe as in, a new 4 spells every life? I hope...? Still that's pretty strange. You could stuck with a shit spell setup 3 times in a row. Is this really gonna be the first major "luck" character?

He means random as in 'not picking a particular theme' for them.

Green Banjo and Purple Kazooie? that'd be sick

>DUDE JUST FUCK A BIRD LMAO
>DUUDE.. WITCH! LOL

>Bad graphics

>Furfag design

>No combat or magic system

>Basically just one big FMV

yeah. banjos dead

These, Sakurai in Smash Four was notably more abrasive when it came to fan requests, especially his little quip when he revealed Mega Man. Look at the newcomers for Four and look at the newcomers for Ultimate. People say Ridley's fanfare wore out and it should tell you how easy he integrates into the cast. Banjo, K. Rool, Ridley, even Chrom were long overdue. I'm serious, Sakurai needs to be kept on a leash and Iwata gave him too much wiggle room, Furukawa and Tatsumi probably slapped his ass a few times before he got with the program.

I repeat, go back and look at his interviews from Smash Four's period, the man had contempt in droves.

Attached: 13B8A077-16F9-4806-8A66-443DF3A24ED0.jpg (1024x756, 104K)

FUCKING BASED!!!

Attached: 2290014.jpg (960x949, 65K)

The stage looks like fucking shit. Are you retarded?

Based Nintendo forcing hackurai to put in characters people actually want instead of 5 literally who JRPG protags

>No argument
You concede and I win, thanks.

>sakurai has wanted banjo
Sakurai HATED the idea of banjo getting in. Hence why Nintendo had to FORCE him

not that I really care, but go ahead and explain how

So was balance theory legit?

>made using stock "grassy mountain" Smash assets, making it look like it's from Shulk's stage.
>as a result it's fucking ugly and washed out as hell
It looks like a fan mod.

>balance theory
what kind of rosterfag shit is that

The usual rosterfag "This is how I'll delude myself into thinking the rest of the newcomers will pander to ME" nonsense. They think now that 2 animes got in the remaining 3 will be western (read: rosterfaggot) pandering characters

best reaction by far is this mostly at 46:30 youtube.com/watch?v=Ka3N90ucuTk

just guessing based off the name, but i think he means the dlc will be done by this
>dlc1: sakurai preference pick (Joker)
>dlc2:japanese fan favorite (Hero)
>dlc3:western fan favorite (Banjo)
>dlc4:japanese fan favorite
>dlc5:western fan favorite
so in the end it would be a balanced 2-2 in terms of picks the japanese and the west want

>GUSHES
Way to exaggerate things. He also calls Banjo and Kazooie natural inclusions and probably is just choosing to not talk about their moveset because they are releasing later.

>I w-win
Yeah, you win the award for biggest btfo of the last 3 years

Attached: B6446630-CAED-4FC8-BF60-CC087D255722.jpg (320x299, 25K)

>dlc1: sakurai preference pick (Joker)
That's a japan pander pick. Not a Sakurai pick

>Microsoft is totally open to Banjo's inclusion in Smash Ultimate and Sakurai thanks Rare for the assistance
>Squeenix has a stick up their ass about DQ Hero and gave Sakurai many restrictions about how they should appear
lol

Attached: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (716x768, 79K)

>wojakposter
lmao

>SE shits on Smash with restrictions
>"OH MY ITS SUCH AN HONOR TO WORK WITH SUCH A LEGENDARY SERIES"
>Microsoft gives Sakurai literally zero resistance
>"Meh. Westerners wouldn't shut up. Whatever"
It's not fair.

>He also calls Banjo and Kazooie natural inclusions
No, he said that it should've been natural adding process Rare was Nintendo, but Microsoft changed things. Not that they're a natural fit themselves, which he clearly doesn't think

Japs have an abnormally large sense of pride for some reason.

It was pretty stupid of Microsoft not to jump on Banjo and try to make him the king of 3D platforming. Even if Rare wasn't willing to do it, and even though Rare lost their soul after the buyout, they still owned the IP and could have assembled a Banjo team of the most qualified new developers. Microsoft having their own colorful, vibrant Nintendo series would have given them an edge. Now a Banjo revival would probably be a big deal, but there's no momentum to make it a huge ongoing series anymore.

hell even konami has been less restrictive then square has
square can fuck off for I all care

Attached: 713575988_1280x720_0.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Dragon Quest is literally the biggest RPG series in Japan so Sakurai is afraid if he fucks up Yuji Horii will come to his house and break his other arm. Meanwhile, Banjo-Kazooie is much more obscure but Microsoft is very cooperative these days hence why he thanked Rare and not Squeenix.

>Dragon Quest is literally the biggest RPG series in Japan
Well no that's Pokemon.

>If a single tiny island that nobody gives a shit about likes it then it should be in
FUCK anime swordmen.

Not after the Dexit

Pokemon and Final Fantasy are bigger worldwide but in Japan DQ is bigger.

>in Japan DQ is bigger.
Not its not. Not even close

sakurai seemed real excited over p5, and even went to atlus to suck their dicks. so i dunno.

He went there as forced PR

Here's what gets me: Sakurai is a major player in the industry. Whether you like him or not, the man carries serious clout. You gotta have some massive balls to tell Sakurai to fuck himself or to Nazi him around with how he can use your IPs. If you're making Konami look more generous in comparison (when they're the fuckers that carry a poor industry reputation for fucking over Hideo Kojima and killing or grossly misusing a bunch of classic franchises), you're just making yourself look like a pack of horrible assholes.

I actually wouldn't be surprised at this point if DQ only gets two stage songs.

K Rool, Simon, Ridley, and Banjo are all godlike, I grew up with the DK games specifically (and thanks to the Richter reveal I got into Symphony of the Night) but at the end of the day I'm still holding out for my never ever

Attached: doomguy and mega man.jpg (1138x1200, 123K)

>[my childhood] are all godlike additions
yep, you're a roster autist

so you're saying that SE is worse than Konami at managing their franchises

>wojack
That isn’t a wojack you retarded.

keep bitching

Konami is worse at internal management. SE is worse at external management.

cope

Fuck you, am I not allowed to just enjoy shit I've enjoyed for years and be happy that they're finally in? If I was a rosterfag I would be excited about characters I don't especially like just because I want to see a certain group of people BTFO.

Not him but what is he supposed to be coping with? The fact that Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo Kazooie got into Uktimate despite your best efforts?

Honestly I'm glad that Isabelle is in, so I can beat the shit out of her

exactly they need more fire emblem characters

Cope harder faggot.

The only fully shit character that got in Sm4sh was Corrin since he was 100% shill new game.

Honestly I'm glad that Isabelle is in, so I can take lewd upskirt screenshots and let my imagination do the work through the black void nintendo put under there to hide the truth.

I remember calling banjo goofy when I was like 3 years old

>the most important game on Nintendo 64
I love Banjo but shut the fuck up.

>no feeling better than feeling nothing
what a tired world in which we live

Attached: 1401086935872.jpg (970x854, 198K)

Dark Pit is worse.

>Not him but what is he supposed to be coping with?
The fact that he's just yet another mindless roster autist drone, being tricked by his nostalgia to think that his most wanted characters are the only true pathes. He's an NPC.

Banjo is pretty goofy.

Attached: 1561512582245.png (2008x1440, 2.38M)

Dark pit is just a echo so he can't be the worst but I see what you are saying.

>IF IT'S FROM MY CHILDHOOD THEN IT'S ESSENTIAL FOR THE ROSTER
literally just a mindless roster sperg

Please drink cyanide

The "guh huh" also seems like something Goofy would say.

No one cares

Eat shit, stevefag.
Nobody gives a fuck about your irrelevant game

cope harder rosterfaggot

>Nobody gives a fuck about your irrelevant game
Is this a joke

These are all bait and were posted by the same person. Don't respond to it

Why does only he get his own theme music for his victory screen? Why doesn't Dedede or Bowser?

MM Link would be great, I’m with you on that.

BUT THE STEVECHADS SAID HE'D BE A DUCK HUNT CLONE

Didn't your cult of steve leader get a Sans tattoo on his ass? Because of Banjo getting in?

Attached: Smash Puns.png (1347x608, 1.81M)

Banjo and Kazooie are both simple bumpkins, they have that in common with Goofy. Banjo's thing is also being sweet and really polite, but also kind of reckless when he's not being lazy. If Mario is the Mickey Mouse of vidya, Banjo would definitely be the Goofy. But who is the Donald?

>468140181
>468140435
C O P E he's in and there is not a damn thing you can do about it

Attached: 944.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>Why doesn't Bowser?
Retard alert

>wojakposting
So you're from reddit

>Retard alert
Uh-oh, you set yourself off? He has a metal remix of the standard Mario theme, but not his own fucking theme. His theme from SM64 would be perfect as his victory fanfare.

he wasn't a character in there, tho

>r-reddit!
fucking LMAO is that all you got?

Attached: that_s_just_how_it_is_on_this_bitch_of_an_earth_by_doritos_popedbspogo.png (1024x1385, 1.17M)

So? That's when he was created. Sakurai invented him.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/42SQ3QqZl_Q9aJ5amTCE6A/

Christ this reddit wojak shit is pathetic

So you're saying that wanting any character in is being a roster drone? Alright then, I will let you continue to jerk off to your waifu Palutena, while I enjoy characters I have waited for, play vidya, and enjoy waiting for characters from said vidya.

Why are Banjofags so fucking angry? Because they know he's being cut?

Yet Steve isn't in.

>N-No seriously guys I'm gonna play vidya look how not angry I am!!! harumph!!!
Why do people do this? All it does is make you look like a pissy nu male

>Steve isn't in
Got a source for that claim?

I get that dark samus would have been a bit much but from a roster perspective but from a gameplay perspective she would have been a fuck ton better than isabelle

man why are banjofags so fucking pathetic?

Why would they have two microsoft characters

Why not?

settle down, ok?

Attached: steve.jpg (600x600, 54K)

Yo. The BTFOing of Stevefags keeps getting better and better.
>He'd be a duck hunt clone
>he'd use real bear noises
>he wouldn't have his music done by grant
>japan hates him

Yet this fucking irrelevant 'cereal mascot' got in before the highest grossing video game, Minecraft.

It's like your character choice isn't actually a character. Just a default skin you can replace with a fucking penis.

Attached: bandicunt.png (750x750, 62K)

>crashfag still seething that Banjo go in before him
lmao cope

Man your steve folder is HUGE. You must be why he's getting added to smash. Your fan demand is a great help to steve

>It's like your character choice isn't actually a character. Just a default skin you can replace
explain villager then you cunt

Crashfags were super chill and showed up to slap some sense into Stevefags.

Plus, he's coming, Crash for Smash, baby.

The best part about Stevefags is that Banjo has two characters in Smash by default, while Minecraft has zero.

Fuck off Stevefag, you probably never played games like Klonoa, Plok or Earthworm Jim.

Attached: sprites123.png (100x109, 1K)

i have 2 pictures in my "steve" folder. cope.

Attached: 1555784167391.png (480x578, 196K)

>Crash fag is still seething over Banjo and Sonic in Smash
Go get censored by some light beams you snoy cuck

>Seethin' Stevies going after based Crashbros now
Truly sad

Villager is still villager. Cosmetic changes and costumes and outfits.
Steve, you literally can REPLACE. With a meme, a penis, another video game character. You could play Minecraft with a fucking skin with a flopping black penis and the game wouldn't fucking change at all.
Steve is a PLACE HOLDER.

>this is what stevecucks have resorted to

Attached: BCE1850F-8F9E-421D-AB65-C29E115ED076.jpg (313x286, 31K)

>he's say this when joker is in the game

No? You always play as Steve, the rectangular person. So what if you can change the skin. Lots of Smash characters have alt skins

I don't like the design. Too wide.

>we'll never get Banjo wearing a jockstrap

That's the only negative

Goin up against the following:
>huge fan following
>relevant
>successful
That's pretty ballsy, but s'truth is, Crash is gettin in. Ain't even a Sony exclusive. Never was. Naughty Dawg and Activision. Why do you think he's on all consoles and Steam?

You're biting off more then you can chew, Stevefag. Stick to wumpa fruit.

Attached: Crash bash.png (1056x1104, 2.7M)

That's a sports jersey you absolute retard.

>trying to force the "Banjobros think everyone who isn't a circlejerker is a stevecuck" falseflag meme
weak bait, stevefag. Stop trying to turn people against us

Plus, Crash looks good next to Nintendo IPs. Look at this, Stevies.

Attached: Crash the Donkey Bandikong.png (800x448, 888K)

>BUH BUH BUH MUH RELEVANCE!!!
lmao cope. Banjo is in. Orange Activision trash isn't

Yet.

A grizzly bear could easily destroy lowland gorilla. Much bigger, much stronger, much tougher, much higher pain tolerance, devastating claws. It would only take a few good swipes to disemblowl a gorilla.
But Banjo isn't a grizzly bear. He's a Malayan sun bear, aka a honey bear. The SMALLEST species of bear. How does that animal stack up against the lowland gorilla?

Attached: D93U7gkUIAAlyrb.jpg (1200x730, 120K)

>snoy trash
Seething snoyniggers

you wouldn’t be playing smash if it didn’t have established characters

explain joker

He ain't snoy exclusive though. Try again.

cope

Really weird how Ganon, Dedede, and Wolf don’t get to have their own themes, and MK gets a generic rock remix despite not sharing it with any other characters.

Didn't you tell me to cope when you were so sure Banjo was getting in?

Wario/Waluigi.

SMT is nintendo

COPE SNOY

favoritism, same reason that retard chrom and the other fe fags have unique victory themes.

Just because you keep screaming snoy, doesn't make him a snoy exclusive.
He never was.
Keep trying, Stevefag.

Stop replying to bait. It's not even good bait, this shit is 0/10. Why the fuck do you guys fall for it?

I literally don't care for a Smash 6. This game is all boomers needed, even as a Raymanfag as myself. Let Smash be cutted downed to bare essentials and let zoomers take it, boomers already won the war.

Attached: zB4CJXc.jpg (720x540, 68K)

Why are you so angry that Banjo, a Nintendo icon, got in and not Snoy trash?

yet persona is playstation

>Stevefags trying to turn Crashbro on Banjobros
Keep trying.

Attached: Huttboy.png (438x609, 104K)

Stop feeding the trolls. Everyone can see the shitty bait for what it is. Ignore it.

Sakurai just confirmed this will be the Smash 6 base roster.

Attached: OG Smash 64.png (1699x357, 494K)

>if the war continues while you die out, then you won the war
so you're being retarded on purpose

Today i will remind them.

Attached: 1560271300103.png (1080x743, 413K)

Admittedly I would be thanking Nintendo really.

>Banjo fag is now flasleflagging as a Crashbro to try and start wars

Fuck off. Crash Friends don't have enemies. Don't you fucking try and use us as a human shield to keep your smash slot

>Sakurai didn't wanna put Banjo
>Nintendo makes him
>Sakurai, in a rage, makes him look fucking amazing and faithful to his N64 days

We just keep winning, Banjobros.

looks based, but is MS nice enough to let them use Banjo as a non DLC character? SE almost pulled out Cloud because of this.

This should've been the base roster a long LONG time ago.

Oi cunt. Bugger off. I'm gettin in Smash weather you like it or not. Don't ya got some diamonds to dig?

Attached: crash horror.png (1280x717, 1.63M)

>simon lashes out
>uses a cross
>richter crosses over
>uses a whip

this still bugs me

God I want to see those two make love

>Trying to forcibly align people with you just because you know now that rosterfagging is the only way to keep Banjo in Smash
Yeah don't pull that with Crashbros. We aren't your tool.

Attached: Crash Bandicoot.jpg (399x399, 34K)

DIAMOND DIGGER? MORE LIKE. MINECRAFT NIGGER

At least use the tunic of the wild alt for Link.

Funny, cause I used Crash to fight against Steveposters before others became vocal.

Attached: OHMENAKKAS.png (409x617, 119K)

i hate botw link so much

Attached: link.jpg (640x1136, 76K)

>Stevefags false flagging as Crashbros now
Only the BTFO'd stoop this low.

Like seriously. It's actually fucking annoying how bad the Banjofags have gotten. If you're not with them then you're a "stevefag" and they try and fucking suck the entire speculation community into their group just to go "See sakurai? We're still popular! keep us in the next game!"

uhh.. MODS?!

Attached: 1560889329775.jpg (871x458, 296K)

>trying to force the "Banjobros think everyone who isn't a circlejerker is a stevecuck" falseflag meme

Attached: C4BADF0E-944B-404F-9229-976F84D12F94.jpg (800x600, 264K)

>cause I used Crash to fight against Steveposters
That's why I told you not to fucking use us as your tool

You realize that everything you said is completely meaningless. There are no "Crashbros" and Banjo's "slot" doesn't need defending. There's no using anyone as a shield. Your stupid meta autism is getting way out-of-hand.

Uh oh, the Stevefags are getting grumpy.

FUCK OFF stevefag. Nobody's gonna fall for your discords fake narrative.

keep shitposting retards, won't change the fact he's in, and your most wanted isn't.

Attached: 1561554953816.png (411x482, 231K)

>Banjo's "slot" doesn't need defending
Fuck off Stevefag. We're not giving you the chance to take our slot

Yes this is called marketing. Newest character first. We know you're underage, stevefag - you don't have to make it so obvious.

Damn, Stevefags are going after everyone. It's like they have a discord to tell each other who they're going after.

>comfy thread about banjo being in
>devolves into people rosterfagging and fighting over who is BTFO and who isn't

>how did you know it was me? HOW DO YOU ALWAYS KNOW ITS ME IM NOT BEING ABSURDLY OBVIOUS AT EVERY TURN IM BEING INCONSPICUOUS-
STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: C9EB6A99-15C8-42C7-BF73-F1E53F72E489.png (630x758, 11K)

>banjo and k.rool have the same color splash screen

You can’t at least type like a banjofag? You have to keep your same weird autistic dialect while you falseflag? You spent around 10 months arguing with them, I thought you would have learned to blend in better by this point.

Attached: 5AFFE258-02AC-4E60-98DD-55B383DD866B.png (1696x846, 84K)

No no
Stevefags are fighting over who is btfo and who isn't.
They got BTFO'd hard

>rosterfagging is the only way to keep Banjo in Smash
Man rosterfags got so BTFO that they've forgotten how the whole "they're in" thing works

One thing that fascinates me about the whole thing is that Nintendo would've allowed for their inclusion with no problem at any time.The only thing that held Banjo and Kazooie back was legal concerns with Microsoft. But judging by Phil Spencer's comments on Banjo Kazooie getting in Smash, one could come to the conclusion that if Sakurai and Nintendo really did want Banjo Kazooie for Smash Bros beforehand, all they'd had to do was just ask nicley.
Meaning dumb arguments like "MUST BE RELEVANT" or "NOT JAPANESE" or "MICROSOFT WOULD NEVER ACTUALLY ALLOW IT BECAUSE XBOX EXCLUSIVE!" has been BTFO'd even before it was officially BTFO'd.
This truly is a fantastic timeline.

Attached: 1561512937009.png (868x921, 849K)

>comfy thread about banjo being in
>the same single refusteve tries to ruin it but gets BTFO as usual
fixed

don fagtrick would've never let/wanted them in

>The only fully shit character to get in Smash 4 was Corrin
And Shulk
And Palutena
And Dark Pit
And Lucina
And Robin
And Bowser Jr.
The only truly fantastic newcomers in Smash 4 were the 3rd parties + Little Mac. The rest were either awful shill picks, literally who tertiary characters, or weebshit

I agree with all of those except Bowser Jr, I’m not in love with him by any means but I don’t hate him.

>>if the war continues while you die out,
More like I'm a veteran now and I've done my time. It's zoomers war now, they are the ones willing to keep up the senseless fighting.

Attached: 1501025888388.png (496x406, 264K)

Well yeah that was when the whole legal concerns stuff popped up. Makes me more grateful Phil Spencer is in charge of Xbox now. Not that Donny boy matters because Banjo Kazooie are in.

Man, imagine having taste this bad.

I was saying this since before they were even announced. The balance on Ultimate is good enough that even lower tier characters can still be viable. So regardless of tier they can still be good.

Palu and Bowser Jr deserve to be in

>Microsoft actually hired a furry porn artist for this illustration
We live in a weird timeline

>Shulk
>Bad
>Complaining about anime in Yea Forums of all places
People like this deserve a public ban

Paluetena is literally the worst Uprising character they could have put in. Even Dark Pit with a unique moveset would have been better

Same. But this would've been my last war anyway, win or lose.

1 more post until bump limit

Attached: 1537585448202.png (384x345, 160K)

>And Shulk
>And Palutena
They're fine.
>Robin
Boring character but decent fighter, made redundant by the fastly superior Hero so he can be cut for all I care now.
>Bowser Jr
He sucks, but koopaling alts redeem him.

Dumb weebs, you will never be japanese

Dumb waifufag
Bowser Jr. is spinoff roster filler, and yes, Smash is a spinoff, that doesn't make him any less anti-hype

Baka American you will never have health

Stay mad Stevefag

Attached: 8B459E67-F5A1-4DD7-A2AA-B48669B877D5.gif (540x400, 898K)