Why can't the switch run a fucking 2d side-scroller without having shit frame rate and quality ?

Why can't the switch run a fucking 2d side-scroller without having shit frame rate and quality ?

Attached: IMG_7224.jpg (640x994, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2547316
steamcommunity.com/app/692850/discussions/0/1642041106348397965/
youtube.com/watch?v=OyR5NpVRaNU
twitter.com/SwordOrWhip/status/1143619981805887488
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it's a 6th gen platform trying to run a 7th gen game.

Because they fucking suck at making games.

Because devs have completely forgotten how to optimize.
Remember when simple programs like excel took like an MB of RAM to use? And now they require like 2GB?

It runs fine on PS4 and PC. The issue is clearly the switch's outdated hardware

Because UE4. The Witcher 3 looks amazing for a handheld console

a console's power does not make a game crash constantly. That's shitty programming

It is completely fucked in some areas on the base ps4.

Shit is terribly optimized.

Fuck off it runs well on ps4, it freezes, crashes and drops frames

>It runs fine on PS4 and PC
No it doesn't. Its poorly optimized on PS4 too

>handheld
>Downclocked X1
>Scaled back and compression to save costs on cartridge sizes
>Absolute last priority of the Devs of any version if not completely outsourced to a small literally who company altogether

Choose all of the above.

PS4 version only has crashes due to a bug which has been patched now. Only switch has the frame rate drops

The switch overall when it comes to indies is a disappointment, great potential to be THE indie machine but every indie on it runs bad.
From minecraft to stardew and even slow downs on that katana game.
I dont even think its the hardwares fault but these shitty developers.

You can hack your switch and overclock it and literally every single game runs better. It is the base hardware.

It's the last one, they already admitted it
kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2547316

>devs are too retarded to port to arm properly
>it's somehow the switch's fault

>only Switch has the framedrops.

The fuck it does. My game was chugging in the Towers of the Twin Dragons

>6th gen platform
6th gen refers to the Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, and original Xbox. The Switch is technically more powerful than the 360, PS3, and Wii U. Even if the Switch does have a notable power gap with the other current gen consoles, it’s not that absurd.

>literally every single game runs better
yea, because you're brute forcing it to make the games run better.

no no nnnooo NO NO NNNOOOOOO THIS CANNNOT BE FUCKING HAPPENING FUCK
SHIT IM FUCKING DONE DO YOU HEAR ME???? DONEEEE IM SEELING MY SWITCH AND BUYING A PS4 RIGHT FUCKING NOW

Attached: 4C8C5E89-394F-4A8F-BDC6-245790D985B2.jpg (638x599, 68K)

>>Absolute last priority of the Devs of any version if not completely outsourced to a small literally who company altogether

I think this part is especially important

Devs already know that switchturds will buy literally anything they shit out no matter how bad or overpriced, so why bother?

>phoneposter

Attached: a0c.gif (480x270, 2.82M)

>supporting laziness because "hurr fuck Switchfags"
Its just like the Capcom apologists

lmao

>Brute forcing it

You mean literally just accessing the stock speeds of the device, right? The switch is tuned down bro.

Attached: Screenshot_20190319-120751__01.jpg (1005x1093, 225K)

But am I wrong? I'm not.
You can complain about "muh laziness" all you want but you're in the minority. The game will still sell well and most players won't notice the issues because they're used to playing bad switch ports.

>Why can't the switch run a fucking 2d side-scroller without having shit frame rate and quality ?
It can, it's just poorly optimized. There are games that are much more demanding that look fine.

>Increases GPU and RAM when docked
>CPU stays the same

Fucking why? For what purpose?

IT runs like shit even on a good PC.
FFS the game crashed when you look at a book

Switch is tuned down for the sole reason to conserve battery life and so it doesn't literally melt inside of its case. Brute forcing the CPU to run games better is not a sign of power issues. It was a deliberate choice.

Bros theyre bullying us... bros.....?

Attached: 5374F71A-5ED3-40FA-A890-1730261E4AF1.jpg (359x399, 110K)

I played this dogshit for about twenty minutes before I got disgusted and turned it off. There's no excuse for having a game like this run so badly, it doesn't matter what console it's on.

Then it runs fine on Piss4 only.

The Switch runs Smash Bros at 1080p 60fps with tons more action (and way faster too) than Bloodstained. It's not an hardware issue.

Who cares? Juat do what you were supposed to do in the first place and either buy it on PS4 or PC. My physical copy arrives today with Judgement.

works on my machine™

UE4 is a ressources hog, what else is new?

Stop falseflagging, the game runs fine on PC, faggot.

We've had overclocking for half a year and not a single instance of a overheated melted switch.

That's also only an excuse for battery life in portable mode. Why is it still so tuned down in docked? Why is the CPU fucking tuned down by 800mhz? And doesn't see a boost when docked? It's retarded.

We can see insane benefits from a simple OC. Look at crash kart. Hackers have already released a patch where you can change the default handheld resolution from 480p to 720p. And with a simple light OC from 1ghz to 1.2ghz it's the same performance.

The switch is actually capable of this but not with the restricted stock settings the DEVELOPERS are held back by.

Even Switchfags have standards.

Remember that WWE port that ran at like 15 FPS? it sold poorly, and Switch has yet to receive another WWE game.

How about those lazy Capcom RE ports? Only RE4 sold well, RE1 and RE0 flopped due to no one caring about them since Capcom added nothing to it besides long ass load times and expected people to buy barebones ports for 30 dollars

Also Saints Row The Third sold like shit too. No one asked for a port of that game, especially for 40 dollars.

>Cuphead port handled in studio with care and is 1080p60fps
>Sold well

Really makes you think, huh.

It doesn't, stop having low standard.

Cope

samefag

WWE and saints row didn't sell poorly because of technical issues, they sold poorly because they're actual games for adults and the switch doesn't have an audience for that.
The switch audience prefers overpriced 2D indie games.

>WWe
>Adults

>WWE and saints row
>games for adults such as myself

Attached: kek.gif (480x228, 469K)

Because it's not the main platform it was developed for.

Switch definitely has an issue with overheating. It gets hot with fucking Bloodstained. And no matter how much you overclock the CPU, that wont fix the constant crashes because its poorly optimized.

And I dont know user, why is it tuned down so much? Why dont you ask why devs do the things they do? Why don't you ask Sony why the PSP was downclocked and actually released software updates that made it run faster?

>2d
Not defending that piece of shit hardware but do you not understand the difference between 2d and 3d?

Are you seriously going to tell me that the same (man)children who open their mouths wide at mario and cuphead also care about WWE?

Works on my machine ;) Maybe buy something that is not a fischerprice tablet.

I didnt know the PS4 was a tablet

Nobody but braindeads care about WWE m8

>suddenly he owns a ps4

heh whatever you say, Shigeru.

Mortal Kombat 11 is one of the top selling Switch games the past 2 months

>Suddenly
>didnt see my post here
based retard

>when you need to buy high end PC just to run some 40 euros Metroidvania
Was thinking about buying the Switch version. Now I will just pirate it on PC.

Eat a rotten cock you spineless faggot

Attached: Screen%20Shot%202017-10-31%20at%2015_08_06.png (646x362, 149K)

>being this assmad that he got found out.

Oof that's a yikes from me senpai.

got found out about what

Burgers do.

That you're a dirty nintendo using nigger.
No other version has framedrops.

It's just a bad port, shut the fuck up and kill yourselves everyone.

Attached: 1560367519375.png (420x420, 9K)

white trash do.

shit game

Except you can look anywhere online and find others having issues with the other versions

Unless you're a shill this damage control is unnecessary

Attached: 1486963888863.jpg (1800x1578, 212K)

Fucking mustard are complaining this unoptimized ugly game
steamcommunity.com/app/692850/discussions/0/1642041106348397965/

>all this because user couldnt comprehend that the other user had a ps4
what a retard

Basically, you haven't played the game, you haven't read a single complaint about the game on other systems. You came to this thread because OP shits on Switch version of the game and you saw that as a great opportunity to bash the console you hate (for some reason) and its owners. Bravo, user.

I have the PS4 and Switch versions.
PS4 isn’t anywhere near as bad as the Switch is but it does have frame drops in particular when it’s crunching numbers about enemy item drops.

It’s not affecting my enjoyment of it but it’s undeniable that all versions have small but noticeable issues.

Just poorly made is all.
Faggots are annoying

manchildren

FIFA player

Game runs perfectly fine on my shitty as fuck laptop, it has nothing to do with switch hardware no matter how shit it is, devs had as much time as they needed and half-assed console ports anyway.

Game looks like shit in general so no huge miss for the switch

correction: it's a revamp of a revamp (U) of a revamp (Wii) of a 5th gen console that thinks it's people

>The Switch is technically more powerful than the 360, PS3
LOL

It is funny how you quoted the X360 and PS3, but missed the Wii U part. And Wii U is more powerful than X360 and PS3.

>Been patched now
literally last night

Attached: Bloodstained_ Ritual of the Night_20190625174402.webm (1280x720, 2.71M)

>WWE
>Adult
C'mon nigga it's literally marketed towards children over anyone else

botw certainly looks more impressive than tlou
>Wii U is more powerful than X360 and PS3
it's not: arkham oranges stutters like bitch and fast racing neo, whilst being a good game, looks barren af compared to wipeout

>Ludo chain runs perfectly fine
>A 2D side scroller with bad lighting and textures doesnt
Yeah guys, its totally the hardwares fault

Attached: 1539927810816.jpg (1200x600, 278K)

*city

It randomly crashes when I read one of the books sometimes too. The console ports are also just dogshit though. The switch can run mario odyssey at constant 60fps. Bloodstained on the lowest possible settings should not be running at 10fps.

UE4 games on Switch look good - Yoshis Crafted World is UE4.

This is all developers fucking up and not putting the time and resources into this version.

Wii U had a GPU that was significantly more powerful than the 360/PS3 but had a really poor CPU that was like a souped up Wii CPU (which was a souped up Cube CPU).

They don't have to anymore. They are not limited by resources, GHzs of clocks, GBs of ram and storage. It would of course be nice to have lightweight software everywhere but best coders don't make these programs anymore and they moved to custom jobs etc. Pajeets write this shit and MS for some reason does not want to fix Winblows. They just stack meme features on old code. Imagine having efficient optimized general use software like Windows or office that require less resources - you wouldn't need big powerful expensive servers and terminals or Pcs. Modest configs would suffice. Heck, even low end.

It's way easier to work with an underclocked GPU than a CPU.
With an underclocked GPU, all you need to do is change GPU intensive graphics settings (which most of them are) and lower resolution, while havng an underclocked CPU would be a pain in the ass to develope for.

Kek I already sold my PS4 bow that its a dead no games machine. Literally NOTHING coming out for time. Time to buy a new console snoyqueer.

Post a ingame screenshot retard.

>The issue is clearly the switch's outdated hardware
That would make the issue the game.

timmie tencent bitchass sweeney and his dogshit engine

so what if now that Sony has put their support behind the SJW community, what happens when SJW bloggers are biased against nintendo?

>Ludo
Cringe
Also it looks like ass and it's still choppy

UE4 is amazing. Switch is simply a piece of shit

bloodstained's dev are shit, that's all

>Bloodstained looks pretty bad

here i fixed it for you no need to thank me

cope

It's unfortunate but it probably won't matter too much. Nintendo's audience right now is made up of three major demographics; kids who neither know nor care about this nonsense, former kids now adults (at least in literal terms) that might know but still don't care due to brand loyalty and nostalgia and finally people who've gone from Snoy to Nintendo for the very reason that bloggers complain about, that Nintendo primarily does its own thing and doesn't really listen to them. I'm sure you'll get people who'll read drivel like Polygon and Kotaku and base their opinions off of hit pieces but I don't think they are a sizeable proportion of the potential consumer base for Nintendo anyway

Lol tendies

Nintendo is a mental disorder

It really is

>WWE
>for adults
Top KEK

lmao My 10 year old toaster is more powerful than the switch (released 2 years ago)

Nobody buys a switch to play third party games, everyone knows it's the worst version if it's on switch.
You have a gaming pc and maybe a PS4 on top, that's how you roll.
Otherwise you are a fucking casual and have managed to fail even in your disgusting hobby.

A lot of people buy a switch to play third party games in handheld mode.

Well tell them that they are stupid if it's anything heavier than shovel knight.

It's kinda sad considering how Sony and Microsoft will release the new generation of consoles next year and the Switch will become even more obsolete.

Because UE4 is a terrible engine for platformers.

youtube.com/watch?v=OyR5NpVRaNU

Attached: 1559770941963.jpg (320x320, 12K)

Just wait for further optimization. This was most predictable, specially since they ditched the Vita port.

What's the actual risk of overclocking?

1. Bloodstained is poorly optimized.
2. The Switch is very weak, basically on par with a powerful tablet.

I mean, what did you expect when they hire a literal who to port the game over. The consensus from all of these threads is that they should've hired a proven company like Panic Button or Iron Galaxy to port the game over. It would look somewhat bad but it would be at least playable.

>basically on par with a powerful tablet
It's basically on par with a Samsung Galaxy S9.

Attached: D9Iw-BsWwAMWKUn.jpg (2160x3840, 343K)

What you don't remember is how much slower Excel was in 2003 than it is now.

The Switch isn't that bad, it's just the first console to suffer under bad optimization.

Literally looks fine.

>it's just the first console to suffer under bad optimization.
Well, this is quite a reach.

People forget quickly. It took devs forever to learn how to make shit work properly on the PS3, and mutliplats were often very poorly optimized.

twitter.com/SwordOrWhip/status/1143619981805887488

The game feels like it shouldve released in August, which is surprising since it's been in development for four years

>hack switch
>overclock it
>suddenly runs at 60fps
Did you guys not hack your switch?

Attached: pc.jpg (1001x602, 87K)

If your game is generally badly optimized, it means it's running too many calculations. More powerful systems can just power through those. The Switch is just the first one to perform significantly worse because it's the weakest.

Hell, most Vita games outside of marvelous ports like the MGS 2+3 ran like absolute shit. Switch's repertoire, compared to that, has been a total godsend (outside of outliers like DQHeroes or shit like that) I think the user didn't mean that, though, but that the Switch, in multiplats, is the first console (in the current chain) that will suffer from bad optimization.

Yeah, I noticed what you meant two seconds after posting ()

because development is hard and many things depend on constant clocks to be stable

>TFW you watch the same channel
I was surprised when I witnessed that upload honestly.

>N-sane trilogy had 2 additional frames of input lag compared to ps4
>switch owners bought it anyway
>Saints row III ran worse on switch than it did on the ps3
>switch owners bought it anyway

You have proven time and time again that you do not require quality ports to be parted with your money because muh nintendo and so now you're paying the price.

They won't try if they don't need to.

Attached: 227.jpg (512x384, 42K)

The game doesn't even look that good to begin with. How did they fuck it that badly?

>>Saints row III ran worse on switch than it did on the ps3
>>switch owners bought it anyway
Did they? I didn't.

Looking bad is not being well optimized.