Why do so many people think this is the best Persona game? It's extremely mediocre. Tartarus is absolute garbage...

Why do so many people think this is the best Persona game? It's extremely mediocre. Tartarus is absolute garbage, the social links are way worse than 4 and 5, and the fact that you can't even control your party members plus the dumb ai makes it way more frustrating than it should be.

Attached: Persona_3.jpg (800x1126, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-kGLKsLdilo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Well written story, expecially compared to 4 and 5
>Ending is kino
>Best cast
>Minato is the ultimate pimp
>Nostalgia

It's still enjoyable though, and just play FES for the extra content or the PSP port if you want to control your characters.

Mostly atmosphere and story. What I liked about it was how the students have times where they bicker with each other and it feels fairly realistic. Also it feels a lot more free compared to 4 and especially 5. I still don’t know if it’s the best persona but these are the reason I assume people say that

replaying p3 fes after like 8 years. Its still fucking great.

There is plenty of QoL they could've included, but I don't think party member command should be one of them. Tactics makes battles interesting, and falls in line better with the feeling of an unsteady party. In the train boss stage, Junpei runs off in an act of insubordination, and it really sits as a reminder that your party members are independent.
My main gripe is that you are the same speed as the shadows, so you can just outmaneuver all the ones you do not wish to fight.
Would've been more interesting if the enemy size factored into their speed or something of that nature so some encounters would be at least harder to avoid than literally running past them as they stare at you and slowly get the detection ! symbol. Also didn't care for the one speed camera when this game had an analog stick controlling it.
You can't dismiss personas while in the Velvet Room, you can't see what arcana your personas are from the regular menu without entering the individual persona details despite being able to see it from the fusion screen.
Move inheritance is all RNG and you will reroll by cancelling the fusion many times to get the moves you actually want. It is also somewhat unclear what moves can even be inherited, making it frustrating to desire an inherited move only to realize they couldn't learn it at all (support spells, elements they are not weak to but still can't cast)
If you want to revive an unconscious party member outside of battle, you have to use your SP to do it from the skills menu, despite having other party members capable of using the skill too.
Same gripe with healing, but that is not as significant since you can just go back to the ground floor to refill health and SP.
The equipped persona doesn't show xp to level at the main menu, though you can see potential learned moves from the social link dialogue, it is not clear anywhere else what moves beyond the very next one will be learned.

>FES

Disgusting

>can't even control your party members
It's what makes P3's cast feel so much more alive than the other 2. It gives them personality
and makes each of their actions have meaning.
>Mitsuru always casting Marin Karin and Tentarafoo
>Junpei spamming physical attacks
>Akihiko using Ziodyne 4 times instead of using Mazionga
>Korumaru, the dog, ending up being more valuable than your human friends
I know I listed a bunch of negatives, but by far, my first playthrough of P3 was the most
memorable because they all felt like real people that make mistakes like we all do.
P4 and P5 just felt like a hollow experience of me once again, optimally playing through the
game and stomping the braindead ai. While P3, I had to look out for my teammates, and make sure that they were assigned the right task for the right job. Like real people.
Also, in P4, when your fusing Persona's for the right ability, the dark interior of the car, then the sudden switch to the bright yellow of the overall ui really grating on my eyes

Attached: 1560024369317.jpg (400x330, 22K)

Whats wrong with FES?

It's a game that focuses on emotional and thematic resonance. If that does nothing for you then yeah you won't like it.

P3 also has the best cast and is the most memorable

I only found out in the last month of the game that Aegis had no less than THREE (3) valuable party support buffing moves that she had never used the entire game because I never put her on heal/support. It was pretty cool.
I also gave Junpei the fire 2H sword and it worked out really well for grinding some of those hair monsters that show up in the 6th block.
Mainly just the Answer. The main story only has additional optional content that is nice.
Odd how some fusions are different between different versions of P3.

>Tartarus is bad

WHEN
WILL
THIS
MEME
DIE

It's really interesting how you can't control your teammates, if only there's a way to do this that doesn't cause any negative to the players. Like how in games like danganronpa, you don't have access to certain clues and it is portrayed as if the other characters found them. Really makes it feel like they helped with the investigation.

Tartarus has a niche appeal, so never.

>and the fact that you can't even control your party members plus the dumb ai makes it way more frustrating than it should be
opinion discarded. op is a dumdum

Most of the s.links were fine imo.

You realize that you don't have to play The Answer, right? FES is much better than P3P, especially emulated

>FES is much better than P3P
The only thing of actual worth FES has over P3P is the MC being able to use any weapon. The overworld sucks in this game (and the other Personas too to be fair) and feels like a chore to go through after a while, you lose nothing by going full VN format. Skill cards are a decent addition too.

>Tactics makes battles interesting, and falls in line better with the feeling of an unsteady party. In the train boss stage, Junpei runs off in an act of insubordination, and it really sits as a reminder that your party members are independent.

This user gets it. They really should have kept on with it in P4 since it fits in even better with the themes of individuality.

Yeah, The Answer was pretty awful, not gonna lie, but I beat it solely for the story element of it, which more than made up for its meh at best gameplay.

Attached: 1560029997924.jpg (480x360, 14K)

>dude randomly generated 90 degree turns and same textures everywhere for 50 hours lmao

Attached: ricci.webm (1200x800, 3M)

>they really should have kept it with p4

But you can play like that in p4 and p5 aswell if you want to?

I am aware. I like FES, and was simply explaining my thoughts on why other people might not like it as much as the other versions of P3.
>high tier
Magician
Aeon
Hanged Man
Devil
>okay tier
Hermit
Lovers
Tower
Emperor
Empress
Priestess
>low tier
Strength
Chariot
Justice
Moon
Star
Temperance
Fortune
>free tier
Fool
Death
Judgement

WHERE IS THE SUN

Yeah but they included party control by default, and that's how the game's expected to be played.

Forgot to place Hierophant and Sun.
>okay tier
Sun
>low tier
Hierophant
These two were strange social links, since they ended basically with accepting loss, but with no real room for potential growth due to the NPCs circumstances.
The old couple will obviously never be able to replace their son, and the young man is literally dead.
At least with Magician, he has his whole life ahead of him, despite being a bike thief.

3 is good. 4 is kino. 5 is garbage.

P3's social links are my favorites in the series. Some were kind of misses like Suemitsu but others were really good like Bebe and Akinari, especially with the way the conclusions are considering the Protag dies a couple of days later. I just really like how because the party members are included in them we get so many more different characters to interact with.

Attached: 1556097957879.png (500x380, 239K)

>I'm dying and won't even accept palliative care
>Still want to walk all the way up to the shrine on the off chance the MC shows up because the only value of my life is being remembered by others
What a melodramatic.
>Hermit
>I love you! Goodbye forever.
>Never addresses this in school, not even while progressing the social link
At least it didn't turn into Kenji 2.0, but come on.

I can understand why people dislike Tartarus, but I find it bizarre when anyone claims that P4 has better dungeons. P4's dungeons are all just a reskinned Tartarus.

The implementation of the tactics menu and party AI isn't as good, unfortunately.

Because P3 achieved peak kino status with his ending, something that P4/5 lacks

Attached: 1548090359958.jpg (350x262, 26K)

How do I get over Makoto's death? I still miss him.

Do Persona 4 & 5 have anything that draws emotion like this scene?
youtube.com/watch?v=-kGLKsLdilo

I liked the non-controllable members and it worked against me once, in final fight with repel all shield.
Moreover, it had setting reason since you are a wild card and have freedom of player's choice while others are real human beans(tm) you can't make choices for.
It has it's share of flaws (like no non-romantic routes for girl links), but its kind of shallow to think the only way games can be "good" is by gameplay quality of life additions.

>but its kind of shallow to think the only way games can be "good" is by gameplay quality of life additions.
Quality of life has a really major impact on if someone likes a game or not.

I liked how the characters had a mind of their own and didn't flaunt all over you unlike p4 and p5 members hell if you try to date Junpei he friendzones you to stay faithful to Chidori

it has a 5.5 on metacritic. Everybody thinks it sucks

The user score is that low because all megaten games got review bombed a while back.

You are looking at the beta version.
The complete editions both scored favorably.
Also reviews do not matter.

Attached: p3.jpg (1885x913, 323K)

P3 is peak tone and atmosphere. P5 is style over substance and P4 just wishes it was Diamond is Unbreakable so badly.

Attached: b7a303fb429c1d5584d2d95696d791b4.jpg (695x900, 161K)