Ive never experienced an Xcom game should I just buy this base game on sale?

Ive never experienced an Xcom game should I just buy this base game on sale?

Attached: packshot-c522b4892f80f5b8914e68bbde825bf6.jpg (500x713, 133K)

Do you like games with bullshit luck based mechanics? Cuz that's what you get with XCOM2.

Yeah it's really good. Base game is solid but I highly recommend buying War of the Chosen to play after your first playthrough. Virtually a new game. Lots of fun, solid customisation of characters gets you invested. Would recommend save-scumming on your first playthrough so you don't end up losing the entire game when your squad gets wiped, but keep it to a minimum afterwards.

Don't listen to this guy. The amounts of times you miss when properly flanking enemies is low, even with rookies. Getting pissed because your shotgun missed at point blank range is fair, but you should never be in a position where one guy missing a shot will result in your team getting fucked.

its like poker idiot. If you continue to make the right calls no amount of bad luck will stop you. XCOM is a risk management game.
the base game with Enemy within is better than XCOM2 in my opinion. However XCOM2 have like thousands of mods available.

It's good but it's very badly optimized and every turn takes forever because units move and act slowly and you can't speed it up.

>lol just dont get in that situation bro

The mechanic is broken. There are better games like this that are either built around that random factor or don't have shit mechanics. In this game it is beyond broken. It's Dark Souls hitbox tier awful. Just because the IP is good does not make it a flawless gem.

Do it user, I've over 1000 hours in Xcom2, Xcom 2012 with EW is also good shit

There's a zip mode in the options, and mods for the vanilla version to speed everything up

Big fan of XCOM: EU/EW.
Love that game to the point of completing multiple campaigns on a fucking tablet.
XCOM 2: 20 hours, never finished.
They fucked up.

>and mods for

A game that needs mods to be playable are without a doubt total shit. The base game should be good on its own and mods complement that. If your game needs mods to be playable and decent, it's just a bad game.

Yes
game can be bullshit at times but that just makes it more fun imo.

>mentions dark souls
Your problem is that you need to git gud.
Being playing through it again recently on commander difficulty and my rookies miss at most 1 in 4 shots, just from being properly positioned.

If you've never played xcom or any other turn based tactics game start with Enemy Unknown + Enemy Within.
If you're fine with old school stuff, try the old "x-com" games with a dash.

Literally the only people who think it's luck based are faggots who haven't played the game. It's your own fault if you're dumb enough to do stuff like take 40% shots and expect them to hit.

>you can mod the game to enchance the speed.
>LAWL BAID GAIM Y Cant IT BE LAIK MUH visual novels.
imagine being this retarded

The game shipped with fake loading screens that took multiple minutes. Do you really think that's okay?

>The amounts of times you miss when properly flanking enemies is low
top kek
>literally behind the most basic alien
>shotgun
>97% chance to hit
>critical miss
>dude panics and runs away
>another one on my team panics and starts shooting squad members
>critical hit on squaddie
>mfw

Attached: whrtbstsfa.jpg (126x126, 9K)

Go play dark souls, nigger

Attached: PYn9O3qfUMk.jpg (596x490, 60K)

unironically git gud
then shot % won't matter

>things that never happened

you could always mod that and the new patch gives you the option even without a mod

Feels very arcade-y to me, like it's less "tactical" game and more "shoot ayllmao in face" game. WoTC is alright but becomes even easier, LW2 is a good mod but core game the same so eh.

Play x-piratez.

yeah this shit sounds right up my alley. its just one of those games i never got around to playing.

Honestly an excellent game. I mostly enjoyed it for downloading mods and customising your squad. People complaining about the RNG or concealment mechanics are just poor commanders.

Attached: xcom2playtime.png (543x96, 34K)

>x-piratez
>tfw I too stupid for megamods
I kind of hate when almost all OpenXcom mod things that is good idea to implement +30 enemy mission, TftD-like maps and UFO spam.I like progression system in X-Piratez, but it's took so long to get anything decent in this mod. and where the fuck do I get blaster weapon details ?

Attached: 1521652985111.gif (458x334, 2.45M)

I was thinking about buying the first xcom from the 90s on GOG. I hate micromanaging though. How bad is it?

Play openxcom after buying the original. It's not as retarded controls-wise.

It's not that hard to be fair, micromanaging wasn't that bad considering that laser weapons doesn't require ammo, and plasma weapons dropped like pinata candies.You better get OpenXcom, it gives you comfortable controls.

Thanks I'll give it a shot

>try out tftd mod
>adds intersting new enemies and locations
>tech tree is now a clusterfuck and the rng can fuck you harder than ever before
T-thanks

did beaglerush release his Operators vs Aliens modpack yet?

Attached: anime girl with gun.png (1318x874, 307K)

>critical miss
>squad panics

What version of xcom are you on boss?
100 hours in xcom EW/2 each and that’s never happened

You either become one with the normies and get mad at rng or understand how it works and start noticing how normies stupidly become mad at rng in any fucking game. "That was 85%, how did that miss?"