Makes an *actually good* next-gen sequel to a previous gen game...

>makes an *actually good* next-gen sequel to a previous gen game, respecting the gameplay and story while modernizing it and making the soundtrack 100x better

Has a feat like this been pulled of since?

Attached: e8887bef61c0c2bc8e93173242f43ab86dd5ec20.jpg (616x353, 54K)

>unskippable 10 min cutscene
>forced to walk down a corridor for 5 min
>finally start shooting braindead AI

repeat

yea nice "game"

t. played on normal

YOURE TURNING HUMANS INTO GLUE!

Dude, it was pretty bad.
Old fans expected noir from Max Pain, not some south america shithole shooter.
Not to mention the whole "Shooting arena -> Cutscene -> Shooting arena -> Cutscene" gameplay..

Had pretty good gameplay, but is sadly bogged down by ease of combat and cutscene bloat. If they made an ultra ultra hard mode it would've been great.

if you didnt play old school mode then fuck off

Noir is for fags and woman also max was pretty old by the time how could a third game even look? Your ideas are probably a million times worse than whatever rockstar came up with

Beat the game in all modes, I understand that cutscenes are just loading sceens and I wouldn't mind them if there were no shitty visual effects every 5 seconds. Didn't get to play multiplayer a lot, only played though 2 matches one of which was laggy and the other one was 1v1 destruction of the other guy.

pic unrelated

Max Payne 3 is Neo-noir tho

>Noir is for fags and woman
Well.. that's a convincing argument. I guess there's no point of arguing if you haven't enjoyed first two games anyway.
I mean 3rd one is not THAT bad. It's just not a Max Payne game. Alan Wake is more Max Payne than MP3.
Making MP3 stylistically as it is, is similar to making a new Deus Ex game in steampunk universe. It may be fun, but why would anyone do that? Everyone expects cyberpunk from Deus Ex the same way as everyone expects noir from Max Payne. The game is just losing it's charm and the whole feel of depressing journey without it.

There were parts in NJ that were very noir, but I used to feel the same way, I don't know what happened but I've come around to the Brazil setting. Something about the hazy washed out poverty ridden streets gives me a really neo noir feeling. Noir is too stereotyped at this point, it feels a bit stale.

My only complaint is that max got a happy ending. I prefer remedy's hidden Alan Wake ending where max dies. It only feels fitting after everything he'd been through

Agreed on the cutscenes though. Definitely too many of them, and too long. As well as rail shooting sequences. The core gameplay and physics makes up for it imo

Nightime new york

Noir is what made Max Payne popular, and it was Rockstar's decision to age Max so much. Their idea was basically to rip off Man on Fire in favela and the story, setting and characters ended up being entirely forgettable because of it. user probably could've done better.

>it feels a bit stale
I disagree completely. Noir like in MP1/2 is criminally underused.

94% of this game is unskippable cutscenes you fucking SCRUB.

What the fuck were Passos and Marcelo doing while Max dunked every nigger on the boat?

>respecting the gameplay and story

Attached: 104.png (329x545, 192K)

A third game made no sense from a story perspective since Max famously overcame his grief.
>I had a dream of my wife. She was dead, but it was alright.
Making him grief for his family AGAIN while not mentioning Mona felt out of place. Max also seemed much whinier than usual. Much of his lamenting felt forced and didn't lead anywhere. To me, those things were more severe than Brazil as a setting because Max Payne, as much as I love it, was never really noir, only a comic book interpretation of it.

Gameplay-wise, Max 3 was the bomb though. What they let you play, anyway. Most of the cutscenes being unskippable really shows in subsequent playthroughs. I wish they had been less frequent. Also, the guns felt kind of weak despite the havok they could wreak.

Still, hands down the most competent Max Payne in the actual game depertment WHEN it lets you play.

Ive been playing the max payne series since I was a kid and I didnt "want" noir
sure, it was weird at first when they started releasing screenshots from mp3 but I was still hyped because I wanted satisfying gameplay the most and I got that

also not sure whats wrong with shooting>cutscene>shooting
its a fucking shooter, a third person shooter action game, dont tell me your favourite part of mp1 and 2 was the top tier platforming
exploring was a bit better in previoua games, I give you that, but mp3 also has a lot of small really cool details to look for

This. There was also no sense of flow to the environment. Just walking into a shooting gallery, and standing there like a retard while everyone that wants to kill you takes cover.