Ff14 newb

If I want to start playing this game how long will it take for me to get caught up?? Will I have fun while catching up? I usually don't like mmo's but i've been wanting to play one lately.

Attached: ff14ddesu.jpg (300x168, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/Zhaed/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TXc0loyuq9I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A month bare minimum if you grind hard, fun is subjective and I don't know shit about what you like but if you don't like MMOs then FFXIV is going to bend you over and fuck you in the ass so go play WoW or Runescape or something.

i don't like wow because evereything feels meaningless. with ff14 i'm hoping for a good story, and fun progression with char/abilities, as well a hopefully a cool community. i just don't want it to be pure grind that's all.

Do you actually have to pay a monthly subscription to play this game? Like you buy the game then continue to pay just to play it?

monthly

Just play the trial. This game's primary appeal is the story. There's only a few times you run out of story quests and have to do side quests/ dungeons to level up.

The story starts fairly humble, deal with the local pirates/ bandits, but then it gets more expansive at around level 20 or 30.

i think you buy and then pay monthly. i'm downloading the trial version right now to try it.

ok thanks for the the info user, going to give it a go.

Yes. It's got it's pros and cons. Like, I want it to be free for a huge amount of players and fun butt the sub price keeps the community very toxic free compared to most games.

How much do you have to pay each month?

10 yuros / 13 dorras iirc

So the game outright is like ~$60 and then you pay another $156 per year to continue playing? What the fuck.

ShB job guides when?

correct

I've got 50 moogle tomes left. I have a friend who wanted to pair up and farm diadem for random shit at some point since he didn't have enough time to grind the tomes. On top of that I don't really even like the pegasus mount that much.

How hard is it to get realistically? Because I kind of just want to get a bird instead.

>zoomer only finding out about subscription based MMO's in 2019
Fuck I feel old

>If I want to start playing this game how long will it take for me to get caught up?
That depends. If you want to sperg it, cutscene skip everything and blaze through MSQ to 70, it could be done in two weeks or less if you go full 8 hour grind a day NEET tier, but you may want to kill yourself afterwards.

>Will I have fun while catching up?
If you rush it will feel like a horrible chore. It will probably be pretty boring regardless. Everything < level 50 is really slow paced. 2.x content is a drag. The game mostly starts to get fun from heavensward onward.

If you don't want the pegasus, don't bother.
You'll easily be able to unsync the bird fights and get them way faster than running Sircus Tower 25x. Especially when we get iLv500 gear.

I look forward to finally being able to farm out some Midan glams.

Attached: Midan.jpg (649x801, 54K)

>Not having a free company you can three man savage alexander shit with for free glamours

what do I spend it on then? you can just buy answers for gil, I got the earing, I got magic bucket

Whatever you want.
The pegasus is limited so it may ultimately be worth it for you, but it is literally just the WHM unicorn mount with wings stapled to it.

fuck, I guess I'll just get pegasus and do bird farm down the road

I want the Round Table Barding. Do people still run that place?

There's pretty regular bird farms. Can be a real shitshow sometimes, but most groups can do it.

So how does one find these groups? Is there a chat like LFG or something? Still fairly new to the game.

party finder

PRELIMINARY PATCH NOTES ARE OUT FINALLY

>It's true
And I fully expected to get baited.

So Wyverns are the Trial Mounts this go round? Like Ponies, Birds, & Dogs before them?

>i'm hoping for a good story
You won't get that until you get to heavensward content which can take over a month depending on how hard you rush through the content

>Upon meeting certain requirements, Skywatcher NPCs in the First will be able to offer weather forecasts for the Source. Conversely, Skywatcher NPCs in the Source will be able to offer weather forecasts for the First.
NOW THIS IS SOME DEEP FUCKING LORE

you get way more hours than you pay for at that price

Hey guys does the pre-order items only go on made characters or if I made a new one do they get it in the mail?

3 month sub, 5 jobs, 3 discipline of the hand, 1 discipline of the land. Should be enough for all of those to hit 60. One job, one month, prob 80. It's zoom fast.

Why is the thread so slow today?

Because it's 5 AM and the OP says 14 instead of XIV.

I think its more about the initial price upfront aswell

Theres another thread up thats getting all the replies

i've paid for 2 months (and 1 month for free) so far and played roughly 389 hours. i'd say it's worth.

You'll have to play through about a years worth of time worth of story.
I have no idea why people think this game is good.

I recently started playing and I’m really enjoying the comfy feel of the world and missions.

I’m looking forward to the dungeons when I unlock them.

I recommend watching dad of light on Netflix too just because it’s a nice story to advertise the game.

WHERE

You don't get "caught up", only retarded WoWniggers rush to endgame. It's a story driven JRPG.

user, add me on steam please, you can have my account. steamcommunity.com/id/Zhaed/
no joke. i only have a level 25 character. i bought the game and all the expansions but i regret it. if someone else can enjoy it, at least it won't be completely wasted money.

Attached: 1553385332637.jpg (457x450, 31K)

also there should be still like 20 days playtime on it, you won't have to pay for shit until then

A couple weeks.
Be warned though, most people don't make it through the story.

No

>Maximum MP for all jobs has been fixed at 10,000.

>The MP cost of actions has been adjusted accordingly.

>The effect of Piety has been changed from increasing Maximum MP to increasing MP regeneration rate.

>This attribute only affects healer classes and jobs.

It keeps the poorfags out, so I think it's a good thing

I want to _____ that chocobo

Attached: d65aa2c282957d3d0fde9e8979c62bcebe5aa9f5_77.png (530x298, 259K)

What if we had a final fantasy game that had its main characters as giant monsters?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 166K)

Anyone starting out the game with an interest in the story should watch this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TXc0loyuq9I
It covers the important stuff that happened in the now dead 1.0 version of the game. A Realm Reborn, or 2.0, continues off from this without bothering to explain all that much, to the point that 1.0’s ending cutscene is used as 2.0’s opening.

>A Realm Reborn, or 2.0, continues off from this without bothering to explain all that much

I think it's almost intentional. Partly because of Yoshida's (intentional) choice to create this sort of mythical aura surrounding 1.0 (see: NoClip's 3-part XIV documentary), but also because they were/are trying to rewrite the Garleans as unsympathetic. Yoshida has gone on record stating his surprise that people are fans of the Garleans, no matter how hard he tries to rewrite history.

Only 46 hours left, until We Fall

Attached: 1546469817655.jpg (571x719, 112K)

No. And you will have even less fun when caught up, as it is all the same shit but no longer new.

You can just not play, your life will be better for it.

You should have a good time. As long as you accept that the 2.0 Realm Reborn portion you start out in is a very slow burn at times.
I cant wait, and thank god Hardcore Mecha comes out today to keep my mind off of it and datamine spoilers.

>tfw only have maximum 3 hours of play time per day because of my job
Fuck how do I deal with my friends and FC getting so far ahead of me? I might have to use remote play but not sure if the game is designed for that

Just treat the entirety of 2.0 as the introduction / overly long tutorial. Worst part is the 2.x content which is 100 quests between the end of A Realm Reborn and Heavensward.
Game gets really good in HW though.
How much fun you'll have will depend on how much you enjoy MMOs, how much you socialize and which class you pick and if that's a class you enjoy playing.

why would you buy everything without milking the trial first

It’s still pretty important to be aware of shit that happened in 1.0, no matter how hard some parts of it are swept under a rug. I know I was pretty lost when I first started playing and had trouble keeping interest as a result.

Just don't play it. I leveled and raided with a bro for 3 months and despite plenty of bantz and good times despite the game, it was somehow tedius still. This was years ago mind you, but yeah the game just feels like a repetetive roller coaster. It's everything that was wrong with WoW with none of the good stuff like world pvp.

It took me a month a to get to lvl.50. From Free trial period.
Pro tip: if you want DLC or the starter edition, get the cheap physical disc version. I got Stormblood for $9.50AUS.

>everything feels meaningless
then you probably won't like XIV. The endless gear treadmill and cycle of older content being completely invalidated is present in XIV stronger than it is in WoW.
A big problem with XIV is actually progression, and the fact that until the level cap, your moveset sucks. Jobs can be fun to play, but ONLY at high levels, before which the combat is completely braindead. There are no builds, and jobs only play one way (except for maybe ninja and red mage, arguably) and the kicker is that there IS a scaling system, but you never want to use it because it means going back to using a shitty gimped moveset. Once you hit the cap, 95% of content in the game becomes undesirable due to the retarded sync.

The story is very anime and is 90% fetch quests, don't expect too much from it. It's like a bad anime but sometimes you get to kill 8 bad guys. It gets a little better towards the second expansion but it's still not very good.
The actual gameplay is pure grind and repetition, but you might be pleased to know there's a really decent player housing system to keep you busy, which is good because they make most of the game unfun on purpose.
It's also probably worth noting that XIV is a VERY easy game, even on the hardest difficulty of "raid" content. The challenge comes entirely from the fact that half the community is composed of one-armed trannies, autistic children, and stoners on PS4; and because of the fact the game never forces you to think, most players do not. If you can find a static of competent players, you never have to worry about clearing any content.

>jobs only play one way (except for maybe ninja and red mage, arguably)
>ninja and red mage
worst examples you could have used. the only jobs that can be played differently in 4.0 are samurai with its different skill speed openers and mnk with its like 5 rotations

it's account wide so all characters get them, even the new ones

>game feels like a chore
MMOs in a nutshell.