MGSV

I can't believe I got memed into playing this junk. No story, pointless "open world", shit level design, awful upgrade system, stupid gameplay where you can headshot everyone from the start and put them to sleep without consequence. At least fultoning people was fun and the dog was cute.

Attached: mgsv_tips_hero-940x520.jpg (940x520, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2015/10/14/metal-gear-solid-vs-opening-day-was-twice-as-good-as-avengers-age-of-ultrons/
gamerant.com/metal-gear-solid-5-sales-376/
geek.com/games/metal-gear-solid-v-sells-more-than-six-million-copies-worldwide-1645970/
github.com/thatsafy/MGSV_SaveManager/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WOAH HOOOOOOOOOOOO

>its another "I only used the tranq gun and got bored for some reason" post

Attached: smug.jpg (1920x1619, 894K)

>use guns
>can’t fulton
HURRRRRRRR

fpbp

Joosten is cute

incorrect

Just carry them to the helicopter you retard

You literally don't know about mid game fulton upgrades

HURRRR DURRRRR

>it's another my japanese man can't make games but I defend him posts

>he still doesn't know

Why would those make a difference in a game that has nothing to offer?

>it’s another brainlet post

Based retard

Kojimadrones hate MGSV because "muh konami sabotaged it!!! therres not enough story its not cinematic enough!!!", Konamichads are the ones who appreciate this masterpiece of open world design and good gameplay.

Keep trying

I'm playing it right now, its hella fun if you treat it as a sandbox and roleplay as a stealthy super spy. There's actually a lot of creative shit you can do.
Headshots with the alert system are overpowered as fuck though. It's hilarious. One time I got a critical wound from a fall and in the bulletime I went around and shot every soldier in the head with my AR. Killed like 50 dudes in the same bulletin window. Of course playing like that isn't fun though.

It’s the complete opposite

>stupid gameplay
Okay nigger, now you're just lying.

What MODS "fix" MGSV?

Wrong

>has no answer
>y-y-you were wrong all along!!!
Kojimafags are so pathetic, holy shit. How hard can it be to give a single reason as to why this game is worth playing past 2-3 missions?

Infinite heaven

>where you can headshot everyone from the start and put them to sleep without consequence
Did you play beyond the first five missions? If you keep headshotting with the Tranq the Enemies eventually start wearing Helmets that block the Dart.

I can't wait for Death Stranding to bomb as hard as this piece of shit did and be sold at $5 a few months later. Konami are bad, but Kojima was always the worst part about them.

Except Kojima is responsible for the cluster fuck that was this game.

Maybe if you played more than one way you’d know

The controls are good. Gameplay is not, since you have to take in account level design.

I like how the enemies adapt to my playstyle, giving me incentive to adapt and evolve myself. As far as stories go its by far the weakest. But I can still go in and have fun, like I can with just about every game I own

What open world design?

Except MGSV is actually good unlike the rest of his shitty games, and the main reason why is because he didn't get to finish his garbage ass story so the game was focused on gameplay instead.

>it’s another ‘you’re suppose to make your own fun’ post
It was pathetic then and it’s pathetic now.

MGSV made more than twice its budget on launch day alone, idiot.
Yea Forums needs to stop pretending anyone outside Yea Forums shares Yea Forums's opinions.
>hurr it bombed cuz I didnt like it
As always in retarded MGS threads, people throwing statements with no source, just what your fee fees tell you, like a bunch of hysterical teenage girls.

Having no story is one of the reasons why its the best MGS. Whats hilarious is that the same people who go
>WHY DIDNT MGSV FOCUS ON BIG BOSS STORY
are the same who praise MGS2 for being 2deep4u, even though the message of the game was that the plot of the game itself is irrelevant.

Well, as long as you admit it's the best handling mgs.

>MGSV good
> Rest bad
Clinically retarded. MGSV is basically PW with updated graphics and mechanics but everything that makes a Metal Gear taken out. And you paid 60 bucks for it and thought it was great.
Wew.

Attached: 1561333877451.jpg (600x703, 27K)

That doesn't say much lmao.

How's the stealth in PW?

consider this user
You can either build Lego Star Wars things with a manual and all the parts accounted for and archive nothing then a model

Or you use that big arse Lego box full of bricks and make up your own.

Dunno about other anons but I prefer the Lego Box, MGSV tickles an itch I had since MGS3 just fucking around with the AI. Abusing tools. Its like a large scale tacticool Hitman, then Hitman 2016 strolled along and made it even better.

But I do understand that it takes a special kind of autisim to enjoy this kind of game

Yes, that's why it's always on sale for $3-5. Because it sold so well. I remember, because that's why every other successful game is on sale for garbage bin tier prices. They're almost giving it to you for free.

Yeah you're right.

Attached: 1363576163657.gif (250x250, 38K)

As decent as it can be on a handheld.
The console version is just updated graphics and controls.

It's not even remotely comparable since Hitman has beautiful environments, nice level design, and diverse NPCs. This game is the opposite of that in every single way.

>STORY GOOD
>GAMEPLAY BAD
Typical fucking Kojimadrone lmao, I hope Snoy censors the fuck out of your precious game.

>6 games
>best handling one
>doesn't mean much
I mean, we're not arguing for game of the century user jeez.

>Hitman 2016 strolled along and made it even better.

How's the stealth in Hitman?

Not a single MGS game has above average gameplay, and the UI is trash in just about every single one. People looked past the shitty gameplay in the previous ones because they had nice environments, good music, and a relatively interesting story. Kojima just blew his load all over the hospital level in MGSV and after that you're left with the skeleton of what should've been. Now, I'm not saying this is a 3/10, but it's definitely not above a 6, and I don't think a single MGS game merits above an 8. They're just not that great.

Im talking gameplay aspects user. But I agree that MGSVs level design is kinda lacking but it also gives you alot more freedom in apporaches to Hitman. There are not as many scripts that go off once you do X

What kind of a question is this? Have you ever played a Hitman game?

> Kojimadrones
I hate that smug piece of shit. I just like MGS and ZOE.
> Gameplay bad
It's not about the gameplay being good or bad. But the name was MGS V not ACTION GAME WITH A MGS Skin. But apparently it is too hard to comprehend.

I have never played a Hitman game.

Don’t you fucking dare compare hitmans level design with mgsv. One is intricately designed to facilitate a significant number of replays, and the other is mostly copy/pasted shit that you can circumvent simply by going around it. Ground Zeroes is the closest mgs comes to hitman and that’s not even the same game.

>People looked past the shitty gameplay in the previous ones because they had nice environments, good music, and a relatively interesting story
This man.
You didn't play MGS for the smooth and intuitive controls.

Attached: 1258892155046.jpg (400x565, 39K)

Depends on how you can handle euro jank

Hitman is not a stealth game, its about figuring out and learning a level. Abusing systems and manipulating the AI. "sneaking" is mostly just fucking wih the games systems.

Well, the stealth is pretty common sensical, i.e, they won't see you if you're behind them. But in general you're supposed to steal people's outfits and manage to get through, that's the whole point of the game. And in various levels your outfit will fool some people but not others. So for example, if you're wearing a security guard uniform to get into a base, that might fool the cleaners and the woman at the desk, but as soon as any other guard sees you you're dead meat. Generally, though, there's always different ways to kill your target, and you can finish missions even in full "stealth" without taking advantage of any of the social engineering. Just pirate Blood Money and play it on PC, and if you like it then buy Hitman 2 on PC or whatever platform you've got.

I'm gonna make him give back our past, anons... The pain won't stop hurting.

Attached: hideo-kojima-tribeca-games-festival.jpg (1000x563, 107K)

I didn't compare the level design, since both have very different approaches to it. Hitman is about whats inside the box and how you use it. MGSV is like bringing you own toys to a playdate and is a lot more focused on improvising.

I'm playing right now.
Just finished the White Mamba and having fun rocket punching those niglets.

Great game, plays like a dream and its the best operator simulator

What the fuck are you even talking about? You keep saying this as if MGSV is some super duper fun game with tons of things to use. What exactly are these "toys"? What are all these fun things you're talking about? Give actual examples.

Why are you faggots even comparing MGSV to Hitman?
Do you even see the fucking arsenal you can use in MGSV? more than 80% are lethal weapons, go figure.

MSGV reminded me of GoldenEye (and Perfect Dark) with the objectives.

Attached: ddf.jpg (637x956, 112K)

Pretty bad. Guards are blind and deaf, and the levels are very narrow, meaning you always see enemies coming up and have little options to go around them.
It's still a good game in its own way but you really have to "roleplay" the sneaking.
Portable Ops is actually the better stealth game mechanically, but that game is all kinds of jank in other departments.

Attached: 1470771750454.jpg (817x463, 85K)

Because one is a good game with good level design that knows what it wants to achieve and does so well. Kojima had literally NO IDEA what he wanted to do with MGSV. It's a "stealth" game yet the most fun way to play is to ignore the stealth completely.

I don't know what you mean with level design but Hitman Absolution was the first Hitman game I played. It was boring as shit and if the newer Hitman games are remotely similar to this, it's terrible. Why do people like this trash?

>multiple ways to finish mission
>stealth with zero kills and fultoning is the only feasible option
Fuck that.

>and the levels are very narrow,

I wanted MGSV to have more narrow, indoor facilities to infiltrate.

>What exactly are these "toys"? What are all these fun things you're talking about?
Not him but user, are you legit retarded? Game has hundreds of unique approaches. Like try installing flamethrowers on your walker and ride it into a base. It's fun. Or like go into base and order Quiet to shoot. An alarm will start, but they won't be looking for you. There you go, this is your "stealth on the battlefield" experience from MGS4, it's fun. I've spent over 200 hours in V and I still want to play more. Game is full of fun.

Oh just don't use tranq. If you're using tranq I see why you might dislike it. Tranq always was easy mode and you're not supposed to use it unless you're a retard normie

I don't know why you compare it to Hitman.
In Wikipedia it's listed Action-Adventure first, and Stealth second.
The first game is literally "Tactical Espionage Action".
The whole game series has you blowing up shit from time to time, with sneaking as an option but not always required.

>stealth with zero kills and fultoning is the only feasible option
How exactly is it the only feasible option? I completed my 2nd run with no base building at all, it wasn't even hard. Play however you want retard. I recommend starting every mission naked

So? Just shoot them in thier literally unarmored anywhere except head and chest and you'll put them to sleep in seconds
The only difficult enemy is the heavy soldier, but you can just grab and subdue them with no trouble at all

>Absolution
lol

Naked and aquire all guns on site?

Attached: sans-titre.jpg (770x578, 523K)

But that's by no means what this game was designed for. This is just fucking retarded. It's like saying Warcraft 3 is a great game because you happen to like Dota. The game makes a huge fucking deal about staying in stealth with the scores and everything else.

The authentic MGS experience. I still like using Quiet though, she just makes it more fun. Dog is OP though.

>The game makes a huge fucking deal about staying in stealth with the scores and everything else.
Not really, the scores are dependent more on how fast you complete objectives rather than using stealth.
I've been using D-Walker and getting S ranks throughout missions.

What's the difference between Absolution and the newer Hitman games? They still play the same right?

>makes a huge fucking deal about staying in stealth with the scores and everything else
Well yes, it is a stealth game... What the fuck is your complaint exactly, that you need to be stealthy to get the highest score in a stealth game? That is true, but you don't need to get a high score, do whatever, have fun.

What's the point of a lethal or loud weapon when the game shits on you at the end of each mission if you have any combat alerts or killed personell? Why the fuck should I invest any gsp into a non sniper rifle or fancy rocket launcher? There's no reason to even kill anyone at a certain point in the game, once you have a 8x scoped silent sleep rifle

No? It's literally a handholding action game. It can barely be called a Hitman game.

Without mods you can't go into most missions without at least 1 weapon

So make it the water gun

Is this bait? Both games proc gen the npc's. MGSV has them coordinate and hunt you if you go rambo. In hitman they have been mindlessly zergrushing the same killzone from the first game. I love hitman and have played them all but thats not a valid point.

Attached: 1561298853047.jpg (612x642, 107K)

That still doesn't sound fun. It's pretty clear that it doesn't just reward fucking around and experimenting for the sake of it. They should've done away with the score and the shitty fucking episodic listing thing.
My autism keeps me from playing a game the wrong way.
This. There's clearly an ideal way to play the game, and that ideal way happens to be the easiest, most boring way imaginable.

There's nothing wrong with just narrow or claustophobic, I too wanted more indoor areas in TPP, and PO's levels are good because of their orientation to close-quarters, but PW levels are narrow AND straight, laid out almost like shooting ranges. As you move through them you're naturally looking in the direction the enemies will appear in.

Attached: Metal_gear_solid_pw_032.gif (750x750, 47K)

We're talking about different things. I was literally referring to the NPCs themselves, you can kill/fuck around with a variety of people.

Primary hip weapons are mandatory. Assault rifle, shotgun, or grenade launchers.

Firing them is optional.

Attached: Giu Hellsing as Sniper Wolf from Metal Gear Solid.jpg (640x960, 65K)

>ummmm what's the point of playing the game on any mode other than easy if easy mode exists???
Yes once you see that the menu has EASY option, there's no reason not to play it. That's SOLID logic from a based fucking retard. In MGS you don't use tranq pistol. Much less fucking tranq sniper rifle, that's not even easy mode, that's baby mode. You don't use it because it's there for babies, not for you.

>you gotta play it like a retard because it was designed by a retard
Is this the 4d chess of Kojima fangays?

Are there any good mods for this game? I love the gameplay as is.

yes

Attached: 833-1561042674-1173417950.jpg (1920x1080, 610K)

You can S rank with alerts and kills in Phantom Pain. Depending on what you're trying to accomplish, going lethal can be beneficial. Plus there are enemies that wear helmets that you can't use "sleep rifles" on.

Missions can also be really tense if you decide to Rambo and get cornered. If anything can be said about Phantom Pain, its ambience music is really good.

You still have them though unless you're playing pretend that you don't.

>you have to play on easy mode because it's the most logical way to beat the game
Why are Kojima hategays so delusional? Do you play everything on easy or just MGS?

I don't play any game on easy, but I do play them optimally. I am not going to intentionally play as a retard.

>try using some of the other cool weps
>have to sit through a mobile style waiting shit to get them

I dropped the game. That upgrade system is one of the worst I have ever seen. Kojima lost it, death stranding is his last chance to bring it back.

STOP SPAMMING BLIZZARD BLUFF AN CRASH COVE YOU FAGGOTS

Except it's not really? You still have your typical Hitman formula of trying to assassinate a single target and I'm saying that's boring. The level designs are shit too. Nothing of value is lost with this game series dying.

Experimenting just for the sake of it is a really fun reward in it self user. There is something beautiful about blowing up a jeep, letting it fly across the map to kill someone and it doesn't count as a kill.

The MGS series at a whole being fun, you can see by just watching MSS2 and 3 Speedruns, since they look weird as fuck, its not how a normal human being would play the game. Yea its kinda a loss on MGSV for it not encouraging this. But it gives you a fuck ton of shit to play around with, why fill out that research tree if you never plan to use it?

also the other user is right, Tranq guns ruined the series at a whole.

But try playing one of the harder missions without bringing in anything besides your outfit. Its fun.

Anyone else find the fights against the skulls and final boss extremely stupid and bullet spongey?

Stopped playing it after the 1st chapter missions. Unbearable boring mess. This is what you get for listening to weebs.

There you go.
venturebeat.com/2015/10/14/metal-gear-solid-vs-opening-day-was-twice-as-good-as-avengers-age-of-ultrons/

>that's why it's always on sale for $3-5
Maybe because it's an almost 4 year old game?
Do you think The Witcher 3 was a flop because the GOTY is always at $15 on Steam?

I swear people on post-MGSV threads are the people who know the least about how this entire industry works, it almost feels like MGSV is the first game you've ever played with how ignorant you are of everything.

Yea Forums's opinions have never and will never affect the sales of a videogame.
This place is just full of delusional millennials in a non-sensical power trip.

Uninstalling it.

The intersection of role playing a stealth character and immersing yourself in a realistic military sim crossed with high octane action movies creates a lot of fun.

Attached: crop.jpg (533x300, 42K)

>everything that makes a Metal Gear taken out
And that's good because "everything that makes a MG game" means the codec interrupting you every 5 minutes and endless cutscenes full of exposition.

MGSV is the only actual videogame in the entire franchise, the rest are the delusional ramblings of a failed movie director.
With MGSV it seems like Kojima has finally understood that he's making games and not movies.

Not very good. There are some instances of good level design here and there (the crater base comes to mind) but the enemies are very stupid. Enemies become more astute once you're in combat, though, so I suspect their stupidity in sneaking was a design choice and not a limitation. Still, the game probably would have been better off with a classic Metal Gear camera view and level design mentality.

The realistic SIM part necessitates the level design mimic real world layouts.

It's probably the most versatile formula there is, lol, and the level design is amazing. Not only that but the series is actually doing super well, are you retarded? The levels of salt are insane.

Different user: can you in fact extract dead soldiers? This is the first I've heard of it.

>what is cqc
>what is stun damage guns
>what are all the devices that stun and put people to sleep
wew

>pointless "open world"
Zelda 2017

GOTY 2015, Kojima is God, chinks and niggers get FUCKED

>venturebeat.com/2015/10/14/metal-gear-solid-vs-opening-day-was-twice-as-good-as-avengers-age-of-ultrons/
Yeah, because people thought it would be good. Now they know it's shit, which i hy it only sells at 5.

>unironically thinks MGSV is better than W3
lul

>Now they know it's shit
Is that why it has high scores, even in places where only people who buy the game can give them?
MGSV is the best selling game of the entire franchise, it sold 5 million copies in the first 2 months.
gamerant.com/metal-gear-solid-5-sales-376/
geek.com/games/metal-gear-solid-v-sells-more-than-six-million-copies-worldwide-1645970/

Attached: 1556305472024.png (997x519, 411K)

No, what you can do, however, is shoot them once or twice on the leg.
Depending on the weapon, you'll just leave them injured and you can extract them.
If you do extract him, it gives you heroism points on top of the soldier itself.

imaging the mental age of a guy that does lego analogies, literally too stupid to come up with anything other than legos holy fuck my sides

Hey, don't bully that autistic retard, life's already gotta be hard enough for him.

Right, he should be making food analogies.

Attached: 1558787756018.png (371x337, 10K)

once you get subsistence deployment the game becomes exciting and amazing

My only real complaint is the relative emptiness of the world and too few missions/bases. I could play MGSV forever if it kept feeding me new locations, clearing any new place out for the first time was a lot of fun. Second time not so much, even if the objectives are different.

Achieves the same result and is the same playstyle

You can S rank everything with perfect stealth too.

It sold more by being available in more locations and on more systems at launch. Not hard to figure that out.

Oh and to expand on that, a lot of MGSV gameplay felt to me like Far Cry 2 done right.

This has to be a joke. Far Cry 2 is waaaay better, and it's not even current gen.

Far Cry 2 sucks, and it's not even 1/10 the game that STALKER is. Cope. Don't @ me

Guys playan it now.
It's kinda fun. The stealth is good and i like how you can hold people up to interrogate them and they let you in all sorts of cool stuff

Isn't subsistence only for 1 or 2 missions?

Peace Walker is not even remotely realistic, though.

Far Cry 2 isn't waaaay better than anything. It's not even a real open world.

The best strategy is to hold everybody in the base captive.

PW is garbage imo.

no but in fairness I had a rank 5 CGM by then.

*taking your time with perfect stealth i meant
Im pretty sure the perfect stealth bonus and no kill bonus is bigger than the time bonus iirc.

it's narrow narrow. Not narrow-but look for a vent or a way around narrow.

you gotta mod it in

That's fine. I feel like replaying it in subsistence.

Infinite heaven is your friend, user. Amazing mod.

One of the best games ever made. Everything good about MGS gameplay wise polished to a mirror sheen and then Konami had to fuck it all up by pissing everybody off.

Attached: gds.png (742x164, 215K)

>At least fultoning people was fun and the dog was cute.
Pleb tier opinions
>Having no story is one of the reasons why its the best MGS
I can see why you would say this but it's not true.
It doesn't have "no story". PW had missions which didn't do anything for the story by themselves, so the distinction between gameplay only missions and story missions isn't something new.
The only "new" thing is the structure of the story being low key and understated. It's hard to tell how much of that was Kojima and Konami though.

Why, Kojima-San? Was I not good enough?

Attached: L6I-ROuM_400x400.jpg (400x400, 39K)

STANDING

You wouldn't have to bump these threads and they wouldn't be dying all the time if Kojima didn't drop Stefanie.

Attached: 1561414588100m.jpg (1024x1024, 254K)

can't unmolest that obsessed justed Joost bb

she cute

Better than Lea Seydeux.

Attached: 1561258569084.jpg (705x940, 85K)

The tapes were a better story than all past MGS games

Have sex.

id love to but no one else wants to

jav when?

As soon as she runs out of the money she got paid for the concert she sang at tbqh. She has no other jobs now and she doesn't stream or vlog any more either.

is it worth the 12€ now that it is on sale?

Post 'em, boys!

Attached: mgsv.png (502x113, 80K)

its worth 60 of those fake dollars

More like 52,8

Yes. Get the definitive experience bundle, even if you're an old MGSfag you will still enjoy GZ at least enough to get your money's worth.

how does it compare to the other metal gears?

It's worth maybe 2 euro.

If all other MGS games are similar to MGS1 which is the only other MGS I played, then MGSV is gameplay focused instead of that 'movie' kind of focus.

It's very gameplay focused, with the story taking a backseat. But the gameplay is amazing, arguably the best in the series, and there's a lot of gameplay variety. Tons of fun ways to approach each mission.
I personally like the story too, but you should be ready for a lack of exposition this time around. Most of the storytelling is implied and subtle.

By movie focus, do you mean having actual diverse levels and a fucking story? 'movie focus' Lmao.

MGS1 feels like those 80s-90s spy action movie.
>hey agent, we are forcing you to do mission
>here's a cast of colorful villains for you to defeat
>somewhere in the middle hero gets tortured and be explained the motivations of the villain
>some manly mano-a-mano fist fight with boss in the end
>followed by some escape from base because it self-destructs

>stupid gameplay where you can headshot everyone from the start
Wut. Headshotting in this game is really hard

never go soley by what a single source says. personally i was burned by you faggots into buying persona 5 the highschool dating sime for preschooler gameplay and shitty adult stories.

but they were right about some indie games like inside wich i actually enjoyed though others may not. watch vids of the game and look for common complaints and always always come here and bitch if you bought a shitty game reccomended here. these faggots still think botw isnt even a good zelda let alone the best one.

Only played it last year but I loved it desu. Great game.

Might replay soon.

>Might replay soon.

With mods?

Will you play differently?

Might concentrate on gimping myself and not using the sneak suit. Using infini heaven mod for more subsistence missions.

Good stuff

How'd you feel about the iDroid?

The enemy tagging and highlighting limits the sneaking.

There's an option to disable it in vanilla?

You can disable it all my dude. I played without the reflex mode. Never touched it.

The tagging is somewhat integral to the gameplay thought but you can turn it off along with hud elements. I think this removes too much from the screen though. I think infini heaven has customization for this though.

>I played without the reflex mode

but it's kino

I like reflex mode because I've gotten close enough to the enemy.

I don't like being spoiled of enemy locations from a great distance.

Dont like it desu. Even the tagging im not a big fan of. Just makes the game too easy.

Infinite Heaven fixes a lot of problems I had with the gameplay and expands on what I adore about MGSV
There's a custom Side Ops mod
Plenty of aesthetic/model-switching mods like Also modders are figuring out how to make custom levels like pic related. The Infinite Heaven devs are also trying to figure out how to export MGO3 maps onto MGSV it seems according to a few screenshots

Only time will tell, the MGSV modding community is growing bigger and bigger by the day

Also get Snakebite, it's a nice mod manager. And if you missed the filter style from the original E3 announcement trailer, there's a mod for that too. There's plenty of other good shader mods too.

Attached: MGSV Level Editor.png (1365x736, 1.58M)

That's what FOB is for. You don't have to be meticulous and the game even gives you a time bonus

I don’t know if you’re being serious, but Absolution is trash and not representative of the other Hitman games. The most recent two were a return to the original formula. It’s like using DMC as your reference point for Devil May Cry.

Peace Walker was unironicly a million times better, more fun, fleshed out and greater variety.

Bruh, DMC is a way better Devil May Cry game than Absolution is a Hitman game. This is more like judging Assassin's Creed based off of playing Odyssey - a game that doesn't even do assassinations...

>If all other MGS games are similar to MGS1
MGS1 is more setpiece and boss fight-centric than most Metal Gear games sans Metal Gear Solid 4. That doesn't mean you'll like the other games, but there is a difference.

>MGSV modding community is growing bigger

This gives me hope.

How can I backup my game saves and restore them?

Why are you upset by this? It’s not even like people are suggesting that you download mods to change the base game. MGSV places you in a sandbox, gives you access to a bunch of gadgets and weapons, and allows you to replay missions? In what way does experimenting with different loadouts undermine the original intentions of the game?

Yeah... that was definitely an odd design choice for a home console release.

GODDAMN LIQUID IS SO FUCKING ANNOYING I WANT TO SLAP THAT FAGGOT SO HARD

>Make smaller "dungeon" like zones that act as main levels that are Ground Zeroes type maps that offer different items and boss fights at the end of some of them
>Add in more closer indoor set pieces
>Give the option to play with literally nothing on your person and youbkust find equipment
>Let players select hard mode from the start and not restrict it to a few missions
>Add in Walker gears and roaming Skull Units in the open world at random locations

>Finish the story and add more scenes to it

Game would have been 10/10.
>

Attached: 1541625450682.jpg (408x408, 35K)

Nigger please, gameplay makes this one of the most fun MGS I've ever played. You are right about the story though, it's very bare bones and pretty disappointing.

Retard OP. Ignored.

I don't think there's a mod for your fucked up head, try a bullet though.

It's basically like the worst Ubisoft game ever. The only people who like it are like people who think DMC5 is the best DMC game - people who are deep in denial

Compared to what?

>Nothing of value is lost with this game series dying.
Seething.
Unfortunately for you little angry loser, you're full of shit.

>i was burned by you faggots into buying persona 5
All I see is people shitting on it. How did you find someone recommending it without it getting 5 replies shitting on it?

The biggest porblem of game is not having many ways to utilize the wonderful gameplay mechanics, you only have the same outposts with the same exact locations for soldiers to deal with.
Nothing will every suprise you or challenge you or ask you do to anything in a way your not used to.

Rockstar games. MGSVs reticule is really hard to get used to since there’s no center dot to know where you are aiming.

Not having patrols beyond couple of trucks was so dissapointing, the world feels so static its honestly depressing.So much potential wasted.

>It's basically like the worst Ubisoft game ever.
This is a surprisingly apt description.

Is it that bad? I've played it for like 80 hours, and it was okay, though it's basically a glorified VN. I was super triggered by how sometimes just 2 lines of dialogue would force me to skip my free time for that day, and how entire days could be stolen from me. The idea that I need to play it once to maximize my skills so I can play it again the way it was "meant to be played" is fucking infuriating. I may not have a life or a job, but that doesn't mean I want to throw away 100 hours.

>The idea that I need to play it once to maximize my skills so I can play it again the way it was "meant to be played" is fucking infuriating.
What are you talking about here? Social links?

Do not conpare ANY iteration of hitman to phantom pain. Phantom pain has no fucming design.

no it isn't, Ubisoft games control and play like trash

Hey, peace walker doesn’t deserve that. Peace walker will forever be the second best if not the best in the series.

Just to add, is portable ops any good on emulator? I wanted to revisit it but was hoping to set up a controller to it because psp controls were ass

lame

You literally go into the games knowing it’s going to be 60% exposition and storytelling. That’s your own damn fault if you don’t like it

Also not nearly as bad as the retards that pay for story games like the walking dead or until dawn where player choices mean jack shit no matter what and all lead you to the same place even though the game promises that your choices matter

>At last I discovered that the real fun was finding that I was Metal Gear Solid V: The Panthom Pain® all the time

Devastation! RETARDATION! What a mess you made! what went wrong?

this...

>Make smaller "dungeon" like zones that act as main levels that are Ground Zeroes type maps that offer different items and boss fights at the end of some of them
OKB Zero was the closest to this, and we needed more of it. Literally everything else would've made the gameplay 10/10. A few of these are possible through Infinite Heaven but they should've been in the base game to begin with.

go through your steam saves
there's plenty of saves online of the game

we can still mod this game user!
There's still hope for the phantom pain

github.com/thatsafy/MGSV_SaveManager/releases

Anyone use this Save Game Manager?

I'm about to try it.

Who cares?

Well, I mean the stats. You need them to be up to complete all your social links properly. Or, well, maybe you could min-max it to perfection, but definitely not without following a full-blown guide or with prior knowledge. I couldn't get all my confidants maxed despite only needing a few more days to get it done, and it made me so salty I quit near the end.

Am I the only person here that doesn't want to spend his entire fucking time in a desert? The environment in MGSV is atrocious. Especially after newer games with lush open-worlds like Origins and RDR2. Why the fuck couldn't they have made a green area? Would that have been so much work? Goddamn it. To make it worse, Afghanistan is actually an incredibly beautiful place. It's like he saw a news article once about Afghanistan, saw a desert, and just assumed it's all desert. Jesus Christ. Do any mods fix this?

I only have 245, one of the few games I've actually bothered to 100% along with GZ.

Attached: 2015-09-13_00004.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

>but definitely not without following a full-blown guide or with prior knowledge
First Persona I'm guessing? Only P3 actually required a guide and they've made time management far easier in each installment.

Attached: 1561559610.jpg (1555x647, 272K)

there is a story if you play the yellow missions dumbass

>First Persona I'm guessing?
First JRPG, actually.

Not intuitive but they are very smooth.

What did you think of the gameplay/combat?

Complete cope. When a game requires you to gimp yourself to have fun then it's badly designed. Playing optimally should not be boring.

Seriously

Attached: CEDEEDB9-A055-4231-98A0-19DB9612328A.jpg (3000x2000, 2.34M)

I gotta say I had no real issues with the game and I thought the combat was fun. There was a weird point where I suddenly had to change difficulty because though I did perfectly up to that point without grinding at all, the game suddenly became super tough for no reason (the cyber palace or whatever). But I switched it back after it. The only thing I disliked was how much loading there could be after just a short conversation, but that's about it. I just wish there was more stuff to do around town. I wanted to get to know the characters more and have more interactions with them. I'm thinking of picking the new Dragon Quest for my next JRPG.

I watched that Nakeyjakey vid too.

Bretty gud

Origins did this amazingly well for Egypt. I actually couldn't believe how gorgeous the landscape ended up being. Even if you just bought it to get a tour of Egypt, it's 11/10. Granted, MGSV didn't need to do THAT, but a little variety wouldn't have killed them. I bet you if you took the manhours they spent making that fucking hospital scene you could've made two other types of environments.

What about those?
I remember one for vehicles and containers and a wormhole one.
It's just that your post doesn't make sense to me.

>50
the game only allows like 9 npcs on screen at the same time

Perhaps it was about fultoning yourself on top of a crate

>I can't believe I got memed into playing this junk
Memed by whom? Everyone shat on this game ever since release

I just downloaded the MGS Legacy (1-4 +PW) for PS3 and already played a little of V on my PC. Should I play them in narrative-chronological order or release order? How do I have a good time if I am shit at stealth games, except Thief 1-3?

ALWAYS release order, every single time, every videogame, every franchise, no exceptions play videogames in RELEASE ORDER I REPEAT R E L E A S E O R D E R

You could just play 3 and PW before V to get most of the story so far.
You'll miss some major references, though.

Why do niggas always ask what order to watch/listen/play at?
It's obvious that release order is the only answer.

It's much cheaper on Humble Bundle store. $5 for base, $10 for definitive.

There are always exceptions.
Like you could skip DMC 1 and 2 or play Dark Souls in any order.

>play Dark Souls in any order
????????????

Wakata, wakata yo. I played MGS2 (just the tanker) and didn't have much fun, but I like the narrative beats. What should I be doing differently to have fun with the game, which more than a few meme as the GOAT stealth game.

My friend just bought DaS3 yesterday, because he knows how much fun I had with DaS1, DeS, BB, and Sekiro. I've not gotten around to DaS2 or 3, but he wondered (after purchasing) if it's a good place to start. Many on Yea Forums have said as much, so I told him "sure." Is he going to get fucked?

You sound like a fag

Yes? Dark Souls 3 is shit. Literally ANYONE knows this. Nobody on Yea Forums thinks it's good unless they're salty faggots that couldn't play Bloodborne. It's good compared to DaS 2 but that's about it. It's got none of the charm that makes DaS 1 what it is. It's also in many ways (apart from some bosses) on easy mode.

Yesterday I played it and I was high enough to break my own rules.

Instead of playing 100% non-lethal stealth, I went the immediate opposite and equipped myself with an armor-type suit, a heavy machine gun and a revolver. Basically full oni mode.

It was a tremendously satisfying moment. The shooting that is generated in FOBs with a high level is tremendous, you can not be uncovered 5 seconds without getting your brains blown out.

Killing felt good.

Attached: 1561297294581.jpg (450x600, 191K)

>Killing felt good.
Liquid was right about you then